Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Tornado hits Joplin, Missouri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Tornado hits Joplin, Missouri

Hello all.

Today I got the very sad news that a very large tornado ripped through Joplin, Missouri at about six o'clock this morning. It has killed an estimated 190 people and counting. The ironic part is, the St. Johns Hospital was destroyed by it as well. Many families have lost their homes in the tornado, and many lives have been lost. The American Red Cross has excepted donations as soon as the tornado hit this small town. An estimated 69 tornadoes have touched down Missouri just yesterday. Mother Nature wasn't finished then. A thunderstorm and 60 mile-an-hour winds hit the small town just an hour after the tornado. There was a story of a 5 year old boy and a 2 year old girl being killed in the storm after being separated from their mother.

The American Red Cross has now gotten to work helping these people. Power is out across the town and communication is very limited. God bless these poor people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's such a sad story, that's horrible that so many people have died from it, as far as I'm aware, deaths aren't always that common with tornados. But I guess if it goes right through the centre of town, there's not much you can do.

Here's hoping the wild weather eases for them and they can start to rebuild their lives.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, I've already donated some money as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read about that yesterday. It looked terrible, and even more so to see so many people die from it.

Most tornadoes touch down in rural areas away from towns/cities, so maybe that's why you don't hear of deaths related to them very often. My thoughts are with them, and I hope there are no more storms on this scale.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook