Thanks Thanks:  11
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Love Life Thread

Senior Member Wide Eyed Wanderer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't you just get a car yourself..?

Why is it up to your Mom whether or not you get one?
    ---< Stop Whispering And Start Shouting >---

Team Night Sky Blue

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    She probably thinks she can't afford to get a car on her own. I used to think getting your own car was just too expensive... I used to think that being able to afford to get my own car was impossible for me. But at the time I was saving most of my money on traveling to visit Petteri. Now that Petteri is living here with me, we plan to start saving up for a car when he gets a job. Maybe it could be possible for Simbaspirit to save up for a car, but it would probably take her a long time and she couldn't visit her boyfriend in the meantime if she is saving all her extra money to get a car. Well maybe it isn't that way, I don't know her money situation.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, as of Monday, May 9th, Eric and I are boyfriend and girlfriend. <3 He's still bringing it up to his parents slowly (which is why I haven't met them yet), but I just hope his family accepts me.... We're total opposites of religion; he's Mormon and I'm Christian (although, not really religious). Three weeks its been since the 9th, but everything has been going smoothly so far. We really care about each other, and agree with each other well.

I just hope his family will accept me.... Here's to hoping!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congratulations Lottee. I hope everything goes well with his parents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats Lottee! That's really great to hear. Are your family happy with the relationship?

Here's to hoping that the acceptance with his family goes well.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Senior Member Wide Eyed Wanderer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats Lottee, I wouldn't worry too much about what his parents think...after all, it's what he thinks of you that matters.
    ---< Stop Whispering And Start Shouting >---

Team Night Sky Blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Lottee View Post
    Well, as of Monday, May 9th, Eric and I are boyfriend and girlfriend. <3 He's still bringing it up to his parents slowly (which is why I haven't met them yet), but I just hope his family accepts me.... We're total opposites of religion; he's Mormon and I'm Christian (although, not really religious). Three weeks its been since the 9th, but everything has been going smoothly so far. We really care about each other, and agree with each other well.

I just hope his family will accept me.... Here's to hoping!
    For some, the religion is a big issue. For my brother and his wife, my brother is Lutheran and her family are Jehovah's Witnesses. Her family had never been ok with the relationship, she invited them to everything, but they didn't even attend the wedding. I should correct, her brother came to the wedding, and she had her Uncle (who has experiences similar issues) give her away. They got married last year, and my brother only met her parents last month when they went to her grandpa's funeral.

So some people are very extreme. The most likely way I see it going is that they will be uncertain or slightly dissaproving, but if you guys can show that you're good together, they'll grow to accept it in time. But they could just be ok with it too All the best for it.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My girlfriend's parents seem cool with me, and I ama devotee of cthulu....lol jk
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, everyone! My family is happy with our relationship, so that's a good thing. But, if and when I do meet Eric's parents, I just pray all will go well. I kinda wish he could've told me up front 'bout the religion thing. Then again, if religion was a huge issue, he probably would've said so right away. He told me that his parents have no control what-so-ever about his love life; whom he can and can't date.

I know with some relationships, one of the families won't be able to stand either the boyfriend or girlfriend. Like I said, I'm not very religious, but.... At least I'm not a slut or anything.

We'll see how it all goes....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Aww, I hope it goes well when you do meet them, Lottee

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^Thanks, KanuTGL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    She probably thinks she can't afford to get a car on her own. I used to think getting your own car was just too expensive... I used to think that being able to afford to get my own car was impossible for me. But at the time I was saving most of my money on traveling to visit Petteri. Now that Petteri is living here with me, we plan to start saving up for a car when he gets a job. Maybe it could be possible for Simbaspirit to save up for a car, but it would probably take her a long time and she couldn't visit her boyfriend in the meantime if she is saving all her extra money to get a car. Well maybe it isn't that way, I don't know her money situation.
    What Sharifu said.
    I'm working full time right now, but I do'nt have enough money for a car and its upkeeping. Even if I did find a way, my mom would refuse to pay my tuition since I would be going against her rules. It's not even just about seeing Gunner - I'm from a city of 2 million and I thought I would be able to escape the town of 5,000 people to get to the nearby city every once and a while so I could see a movie, go to a mall, and just basically have access to more things than a town of that size can offer. But, somehow things will work out I'm sure - it's just kinda disappointing.

And congrats little lottee! I know the feeling - the first time I met Gunner's parents was at the airport and I was going to be living in their house for two weeks. It was so scary - but I'm sure everything will work out really well for you that's really good your family is okay with it - at least if worse comes to worse you'll have some support

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^Thanks, Simbaspirit!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Last Sunday when I left him to go home, he always goes with me to the train platform and waves me off, hehe.
    When he doesn't do it, it feels different (yes, I'm weird like that).

He told me he wasn't gonna wait for the train to leave 'cause he wasn't feeling so well.
    And I told him, it's not the same without the wave goodbye, hehe.

I told him, he's the first one who does this, comes with me to the platform, and actually waits till the train leaves.
    He then said: and I wanna be the last one.

I didn't knew he had it in him, but it kind of made me cry, haha, I'm really not used to him saying something sweet like that.

Again, I'm weird, I know

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww, that's really sweet Nath, a very special thing to say Looks like you've got yourself a real keeper there!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hope so.
    Everyone keeps saying we look cute together. No one ever said that with previous boyfriends (and I still have the same friends as years ago), so I guess that must mean something too.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hehe.

Things between us are definatly a lot better then they were in the beginning.
    It's a very long and complicated story, but I really feel happy again ^^

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So happy for you in that regard, you deserve to be happy and I know you've been through some rough times in the past! Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hehe ^^

We've been through a lot too, the 2 of us together, but I'm so glad it got better again and we're doing fine now.

On another note, my previous ex started to text me yesterday
    Asking how I've been and such, like everything was totally OK and nothing had ever happened.
    I tried to be cruel, so he'd just back off, lol, but he just kept texting, and then he mentioned he might have found some stuff back of mine ... (he's moving, something we were supposed to do, so he thought he had found CD's of mine)
    So then I was like: OK, try being a little bit nice ... 'cause I just want my stuff back.

I made him feel guilty again a few times though

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi again, everyone!

I just read through this whole thread (serious catching up) and this is the first I've heard of Adam and Anna's engagement! Congrats, you guys! I know I'm late to the party here, forgive me for my epic dropping off of Facebook and missing the news before. Congrats on the living together too, I'm so happy for you guys. Happy for all of you.

KS, I know how you feel *hugs tight* leaving them is the worst. Last time I had to leave Kat (back at Easter) I somehow managed not to cry, but on the plane home I was really ill (I don't even, it was so bad) and I was crying while watching The Big Bang Theory. I was sat between these two blokes as well, and they must've thought I was some nut job. Oh god, it was really serious. I'm still not over it really, leaving her. I never get over it. Some days are better than others but it's generally rubbish. Doesn't help that I love America so much. Given the chance I'd up and leave here in a second. Think it's more likely that she'd have to move here though, although we've not really talked about it that seriously.

I still haven't told my parents. They have met her now, but I still don't want them knowing. They're a tiny bit homophobic - just thinking of lesbians as stereotypes, not in a really nasty way or anything - and I don't think they'd understand the long distance thing. I suppose I'm being a little unfair to them, but I dunno, I just realised I'd feel uncomfortable with them knowing. There was a really awkward conversation the other day when my mother asked me if I'd ever get another boyfriend. I did have a boyfriend, for four years (we broke up, or rather he dumped me, in January 2007) and I guess to some that labels me as straight forever, lol.

In general though, my love life is good. I see her generally every 2-4 months, which is rather frequently compared to some other couples on here. Azerane, I think you and Pat deserve all the awards, it must be so wretched to be apart all those months *hugs* I'm in awe really.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So they showed the winners for that Disney Wedding Contest, we did not win, but I am not surprised... I didn't think we would really win since the chances were so small, but it was worth a try... Ah well... I still hope someday we can have that wedding/renewing vows at DisneyWorld with friends and family there... I need to go back to college and get a better job... Now that Petteri has moved here I have been researching how we can save up and be able to move so I can take animation classes again. It seems hard though since my mom is ill and she wants to live near me, so I hope we can figure out something where she be near us as well if we have to move. It's just California is so expensive, but I think we will figure something out, it just seems hard now, I'm not sure how we'll make it all work, but I really want to go back to college and pursue my dream of being an animator.... Probably wont be for a couple years until we are ready to move though...
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art