Thanks Thanks:  11
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Love Life Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ What he said xD

Thank you so much, all!

Yes, their reactions were quite amusing... I wanted to tell my mum first, but we talked on Skype and she passed the microphone onto my grandfather, my little brother and my grandmother before she came back and I got the chance to tell her xP The reaction was pretty much "... WHAT!?" and I believe that that was more or less the reaction of the rest of my family too. I really wish we had had our webcams on so I could have seen their faces, but alas... I was told my grandmother's expression was more or less this though -> But they were happy for us anyway, once they had recovered from the initial shock, haha.

Adam's mum went "... WHAT!? For f**** sake!" XD Then she was happy too

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read about that on FB. Awww, that's such wonderful news! I'm so happy for you both! :

I gotta say, when I read it on my phone (I've just come back from Edinburgh with Leor so I didn't have access to a computer ) I paused for a bit and then thought "wow". Seriously, I didn't expect to hear about it, but I think that makes it all the more exciting. Congrats again.

As for my love life, I've just come back from Scotland with Leor. It was a tiring trip, but really memorable. We visited the capital, as well as the Highlands. We even spotted Nessie! But it's just really nice to spend time with Leor again. We're having a great time together.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    I gotta say, when I read it on my phone (I've just come back from Edinburgh with Leor so I didn't have access to a computer ) I paused for a bit and then thought "wow". Seriously, I didn't expect to hear about it, but I think that makes it all the more exciting. Congrats again.
    I was the same, haha.
    I was at a concert with Debbie (Adam knows her) and while we were waiting backstage for the singer and such, I was browsing FB on my phone.

And was like: o_O (in a good way though ) I guess no one just expected it, hehe.
    And like: Debbie! Look!

haha

Really happy for you guys !

My love life ... lol, I need to make a big post someday I guess

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Senior Member Wide Eyed Wanderer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats guys!

(ps..love TL's Mum's reaction! )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally I get to congratulate you both here, it was a nice surprise hearing the news from Tara, I'm really happy for you two, and I hope for the best future you'll have together as a married couple I'll hopefully be around by the time of the wedding if college or my work at the clinic doesn't clash with it, that is.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congratulations Anna, TL, Audra, and Pete. Hope goes all well to all the lovers here.
    =)
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats on my behalf aswell for the engagement!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thankyou so much everyone, means so much

*cant think of anything else to say that doesn't go all mushy and lovey* xP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    I'll hopefully be around by the time of the wedding
    Hehe, Petteri mentioned that it would be cool if we could go to Finland during the time TL and Kanu have their wedding so we can go to their wedding since we'll already be in Europe during the time... But that's a big maybe... We don't even know when the wedding would be...

I wish Petteri and I could win that wedding at Disney World, but thousands and thousands of people have entered already, I don't know how Disney judges can choose one entry out of all those couples. But yeah, if Petteri and I did have a "proper" wedding ceremony, I would love to have our friends from Lea join our ceremony. But I know that we all live so far away from each other, it would be hard for many people to come. But maybe if we gave enough notice it might be possible for some...
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would love to go on your ceremonial wedding. Just give me the date and a little time to collect some of my salary to go there. =)
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That reminds me... is there a big romantic story behind the proposal?

If you won that wedding Audra, I wonder if there's a time limit when you have to take it... Would be awesome if it was while I was in America
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think WEW needs to bring back the 'lack of' love life thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, congrats to all of you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Leor is going home tomorrow... So today we'll be heading down to Heathrow to stay overnight before he flies back to Mexico tomorrow. These last 12 days or so have gone really fast, but we've both had a lot of fun together. I don't really feel like talking or thinking much about it, since it upsets me. But at least we know when we'll see each other again, in 2 months time when I go to Mexico. I'll stay there for over a month and be there for his Birthday. I really hope they go fast...

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sucks that you have to be apart again, but I'm sure the two months will fly by.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    That reminds me... is there a big romantic story behind the proposal?
    Well... Adam was the one who asked and he hadn't planned it to be for that specific time, so I guess it was almost a spur of the moment kind of thing It was just a very nice day, warm and sunny. We were hugging on our bed like we always do, and there was just something about the atmosphere there and then... I guess, while sounding rather cheesy, sort of magical. Adam suddenly seemed very nervous and I asked him if he was okay, after which he decided that he had pretty much no choice but to ask; because if he had said that he was just fine I wouldn't have believed him anyway

So he asked me. Aand... after a long day of thinking it through, I said yes

Still working on getting a proper photo of the rings... xD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah yes, being at the Lea meet meant we could exclusively hear the story before everyone else. It's very sweet, and I think you made a good choice with the rings.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm sorry Tara that it is already time for Leor to go back back, but at least the separation is only two months now. I hope the time will go by fast for you.

Kanu, that's a sweet story, did Adam have the ring when he proposed? Petteri and I didn't have our rings until a week or so before we got married, even though we were engaged long before that. But that's because I had a hard time picking a ring I loved. Everyone told me I would know if the ring was "the one" when I would see it, but every time I went into jewelry stores, I never got that feeling about any of the rings there... I finally ended up looking online and found a setting I really liked and picked a heart shaped diamond and had it custom made for me... I love my ring.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time for a bit of sad news regarding my relationship...

As you know, Emilio had to go home today, and so I'm back home now, and alone. I just came back from seeing him off from the airport. His flight to Houston left at 9:30. It feels really weird being alone here again, and the goodbye (or should I say, the "see you later") was as emotional as was expected. Goodbyes are the worst, but I'm sure I'll be alright, and I really hope he's coping well with the long journey that he has ahead of him. If I had my way, I would've gone with him, but at least there's only 2 months now to wait until I go to Mexico. I hope they go by fast for us both.

I already miss him so much and it's only been 3 hours since we parted... *sigh* This distance thing is getting harder and harder. I know very well what you guys meant when you said that it would. I feel more attached to him now than I did the first time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Firstly, I would just like to mention that I hate my tablet for having a 'back' button on it, because when I picked it up to shift it, I lost my entire post. So here we go again...

Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Well... Adam was the one who asked and he hadn't planned it to be for that specific time, so I guess it was almost a spur of the moment kind of thing It was just a very nice day, warm and sunny. We were hugging on our bed like we always do, and there was just something about the atmosphere there and then... I guess, while sounding rather cheesy, sort of magical. Adam suddenly seemed very nervous and I asked him if he was okay, after which he decided that he had pretty much no choice but to ask; because if he had said that he was just fine I wouldn't have believed him anyway

So he asked me. Aand... after a long day of thinking it through, I said yes

Still working on getting a proper photo of the rings... xD
    Aww, I think it's so cute and sweet how adam got all nervous. It's nice that it happened simply when it felt right. I originally found it strange when one of my best friends last year took a long walk to decide if she would accept the proposal of her now husband. I didn't really understand it because I thought that either you want to be with him, or you don't. But it's really not that clear-cut, thank you hollywood for the years of deception What it comes down to, is making the right decision for both your futures, and the fact that you took time to answer, really shows that you cared about the decision you made and it's really important (not that people who don't take time to answer don't care about the decision they make, but I think you know what I mean). And you have both always seemed so happy together, I'm sure you've had your issues, just like every couple, but at the end of the day, if what you want is to be together, and that makes you both happy, then that's fantastic. Can you tell I'm excited!? xD

Also, your avatar has been staring at me, taunting me with the stule of the artist who drew it and I can't figure it out. Yet I want to say va-kasi? Though I didn't think they'd drawn for years...

@KS, when I first read your post, admittedly it made me angry. How dare you be upset when you only have to wait two months. And yet I know it's only jealousy that drives that feeling. Because I know, that no matter how long the seperation, it is always near unbearable. Here I am, with only just over 2 months until I'm on my way to the U.S again, and yet it still feels like there could be a whole year ahead of me before I see Pat again. Any time apart is hard, and I understand that. Please don't think I'm mad at you, because I'm not, I'm just frustrated at my whole situation and the fact that it feels like other people have it 'easier' than me, when really, you don't. I really hope that the time passes quickly for you and Leor, it always seems like a long time. But I know that after every seperation, it seems I look back on it and think 'hey, that wasn't so bad, it kinda passed in a blur'. And yet somehow each seperation still feels worse than the last. I believe it is like you said, because over time you just develop a stronger bond and it simply makes it harder to let go. But it is true, you will be with him before you know it. Savour the memories of his visit, and the times you get to talk.

When I think about it KS, it's not just the length of the seperation, it's the length of the stay relative to the length of the seperation... Pat and I will have been seperated for 18 months, yet I was with him for 6. You will be seperated from Leor for 2 months, but you were only together for 2 weeks. And I guess, when I look at it that way, it's not so bad, and it's really good that you can have visits closer together when you can't stay for as long. Whereas I guess the price I have to pay for such long visits, is the long seperation.

Not really any news from me. Though it seems I can't even have a normal conversation with Pat anymore these days without crying at some point. Not because we're arguing or anything, but it just hurts. It hurts when I don't get to talk to him, and then it hurts when I do because I get to hear his voice and see his face and am just reminded of everything we haven't got when we're seperated. Have I ever mentioned that I hate long distance relationships? Otherwise, I guess it's not so bad. I know it's getting so much closer to when I will see him again, and I am excited, yet it hasn't really settled in my mind yet, like I can't accept that it will actually happen after such a long seperation. We get to be together again? Impossible!
    That which you manifest is before you.