Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: The Love Life Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aw, congratulations Nathalie!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It feels awefully quiet in here ... hehe

For a long distance relationship we're doing quite well, 20 visits since May 2016 ^^

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Aw, yaay I imagine it's easier when it's possible to take a train instead of a plane to meet. Hooray for the tunnel, right?

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I read this thread, but I have no love life, so I don't really have anything to post.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Aw, yaay I imagine it's easier when it's possible to take a train instead of a plane to meet. Hooray for the tunnel, right?
    Actually, I think flying would be easier, I just prefer to do it the way I'm used to, hehe.

Antwerp airport is about 20 minutes away from me by bus, which goes to London City Airport (which is near the hotel we always go to). Can go from there to London Euston, and I'm sure I could do it in less then 9 hours. Which is how long it takes now
    (I take a bus earlier, train to Brussels, wait at Eurostar lounge for about an hour, Eurostar for 2 hours, wait about 2 hours in London and then another 1,5 hours or so to where he lives).

+ I don't think I want to be in a tiny plane, now I'm used to the big ones and loving that, scared the tiny ones will ruin my flight experience.

++ If it weren't for me being without a job that long *sigh* I wouldn't have been able to visit so much either :/

Aww, Amanda ... when you least expect it, it usually happens

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well I guess since Petteri and I have been married and living together for almost eight years, we don't usually have too much new to mention about our love life. We're both working and both college students, so we're usually fairly busy. But we make time for each other, we both have the same days off a week, Friday and Saturday. I feel it's important for couples to make sure they have same days off together during the work week so you have some time to spend together. I'm really looking forward to us finishing college, and having jobs that we actually enjoy, (or at the very least, jobs we don't hate) that pays more money, enough to have our own apartment, that would be nice... Feels like such a dream to me, I have been wanting that for so long. But being in college, I know we are working towards that goal, but sometimes it feels like it's just going to take forever to ever get to that point.

Petteri will be flying to Finland in a little over a week, and he'll be there for almost five weeks. I'll be joining him too, but I wont be flying there until August 5, so I'll be there for a week and a half, and then we're going to fly back home together on the same flight. I haven't been to Finland in over nine years, since before Petteri moved to the U.S. But since the flights to Finland are hundreds of dollars cheaper this summer then what they usually are, and they are direct flights, I decided to go too. (We have never seen direct flights between San Francisco and Helsinki, but it looks like they now offered in the summer).

Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    A+ I don't think I want to be in a tiny plane, now I'm used to the big ones and loving that, scared the tiny ones will ruin my flight experience.
    Tiny planes actually really aren't much different than big planes, they just have less passengers, which I feel is a good thing if you don't like dealing with crowds. Seats are the same size, and there is till an isle way which leads to a bath room at the back of the plane.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was exited to go to the UK today, and 'blurted out' (haha) it'll be my last travel on Facebook.

Next time I will go to the UK, I won't be returning back to Belgium!
    Date has been set. But I'll be keeping that to myself for now until everything is completely taken care of.
    This year though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Congratulations on your moving to England, Nathalie, I'm so happy for you!

And good luck on your trip to Finland, Audra and Petteri!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Aww, hope you both have fun in Finland How long do you have left before you finish college?

-----

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I know I've said it before Nathalie, but I'm very happy for you and Adam. Being apart during a long distance relationship is so hard, I'm really glad you two can put that part behind you and not be separated by distance anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Aww, hope you both have fun in Finland How long do you have left before you finish college?
    Thank you! I just dropped Petteri off at the airport yesterday. I was a bit sad but I knew I would be joining in less than three weeks. Plus I am happy for him that he gets to see his friends and family, he only gets to see them once every couple of years or so. But our room mate and his friends just came back from their South Africa trip last night, and they came home only a couple hours after I dropped Petteri off at the airport. We all went bowling last night, which was fun, and it kind of cheered me up and kept me from feeling lonely. And to answer your question, I don't have much college left until I get my degree, just two more quarters! (My college is on the quarter system instead of the semester system) So I should be done by the end of March 2019.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I guess I've been quite lucky while being very unlucky, lol.
    While not having a job, and being very good at saving made it possible for me to go to the UK quite a lot more then I thought I was ever able to.

The past week was a complete spur in the moment thing I booked really (only booked 5 weeks ago or so), I absolutely loath my job and the people there, so I really needed that break from it.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oops, I missed out on your post, Nathalie Noticed there was a reason I hadn't heard it before on FB either. Anyway - super thrilled for the two of you that it's getting close! Keep us posted!

And hope the weeks pass quickly for you then, Audra It's good timing that your room mate returned on the same night that Petteri left so you didn't have to feel alone, hehe! Also March 2019 isn't that far away - exciting!

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks Kanu

Lots of Lion King stuff to pack!
    Not going as fast as I wanted to.
    First with work, getting back in a rhythm. Now for the last few weeks the hot weather, my apartment has been like a sauna the past 2 months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well I guess I can share this here now with you guys.
    After being away from the dating scenario for so long, I... finally got to meet someone. She's the sister of the receptionist at the office I work in, so one day she introduced her to me (actually, she kind of set us up, lol). We dated for about 3 weeks, aaaand now we're in a relationship!

I was worried at first that we wouldn't match, but turns out we think very much alike, and share some the same love for animated movies and musicals (I took her to see the Billy Elliot musical and we both loved it). I also told her about the TLK fandom and my love for it, and she was really fascinated by it. That itself is a huge relief, haha xD

We're still in a very early stage, but I'm really hoping this'll lead us to something good in the future ^^
    Last edited by Leorgathar; May 27th, 2019 at 06:41 PM.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Aww, that's so nice to hear Leor ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congratulations man, well wishes and may the love everlasting man.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Congratulations Leor! I'm so happy for you!

Also congratulations Nathalie on moving to England! Sounds super exciting to reach that final step of a long distance relationship!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm so happy for you, Leor ^^ Seee, I told you being set up wasn't necessarily a bad thing!

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    !! it's NOT on facebook !!

But ... the process of moving is in full motion.
    Yesterday the furniture and heavier boxes made it to England.
    Tonight they will be back to pick up the rest of the boxes, and tomorrow morning I will permanently leave Belgium.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, that's really big step you took there!
    I wish you all the best and I hope you'll finally find what you were looking for

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.