That's great Nathalie. I'm happy things are picking up for you. I know it sounds cliché, but see? Everything is alright in the end. Sorry about your boyfriend's mum, I know getting along with parents can be quite difficult at times. I have some trouble having conversations with some of Leor's family because of the language barrier. But like Azzy said, just enjoy yourself, and don't let her spoil the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Simba The Mighty View Post
As for KS and Leor, for you it might be a little too early to really jump the gun and really know what to do, but I would still talk about it as knowing what the ultimate goal is, who is going to move and what not, makes it a lot easier for the relationship, at least you would know what you work towards.
Well, we have been throwing quite a few ideas around. I did say to Leor just recently that we'll have to start talking soon about what will happen with regards to moving and such, and he made a few suggestions. He did say I could stay there for quite some time while he does his social service in just under 2 years time, and if I learnt some spanish, I could possibly work with him there. Otherwise, for official plans to move... we really have no idea yet. We have been discussing it but we haven't finalised anything as such yet, probably because it's a little too early like you said.

I think the best time to start making decisions about moving is when Leor has completed his dentistry and social service. Then we can see about the job situation and see what will happen from there. I told him that I don't want the distance to be like this forever (of course, none of us do) and that we should work something out in the future so we don't have to go through so many painful goodbyes again.

There is one thing though... one of us will have to leave our family behind. That will need to be talked about too.

Also, the advantage is Leor can speak English, but my spanish is severely limited. He also has a career in the pipeline, which could make it easier for him to move to England if he decided on doing that. I could (and I would) learn spanish if I needed to, but what comes to it is the safety part as well. Mexico is a country which isn't so safe, with the drug cartels, wars and whatnot. England on the other hand is much safer, but I guess the catch to it is it's much more expensive. =/ Hmm... what to do? I have a feeling this will be a difficult decision when we decide to finalise it.

I seem to be rambling on a bit here, so I'll stop... xP

Well, I just thought some of you may want to know why Leor hasn't returned home yet. Apparently one of the pilots on his flight back to Houston fell ill and had to be taken to hospital, which meant they had to divert to Newark. On the flight information page it said they had to refuel, but my guess is they had to refuel with another pilot. But as a result of this delay (there was also a delay from London too apparently) he ended up missing his flight to El Paso, which means he'll have to fly on the next available flight in the morning. Luckily they put him up in a hotel for the night, so he can get some rest. Then again, if he's still on British time, that could be difficult. I was very worried when I checked the flight status on the Houston airport website and it said "Redirected", but I'm glad everything is fine and he is down safely on the ground. I just hope his flight to El Paso goes smoothly tomorrow and that he'll be back home in no time. I feel sorry for him because he's had a long enough journey as it is, and he's alone too. I wish I could've kept him some company.

Hopefully this won't happen during my flight to Atlanta at the end of June. I get quite nervous flying as it is, so anything like this to happen to me would be very worrying. But I'm sure it'll be fine, I won't let this put me off... xP

Well, I'll end this post with the last picture of Leor and I taken at the airport just before he had to go through security:

It wasn't a very nice time to take a photo, but I wanted one last photo of us together before he had to go. We obviously weren't so happy so there's not many smiles on here, but I still think it's a nice photo. Emilio still looks wonderful even without a smile.

But yes, I prefer "hello" better.