Thanks Thanks:  11
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Love Life Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    First of all, I'm very sorry to hear about TL and Kanu splitting up. It certainly came as a shock to me, but I'm here to support you guys. I trust that your decision was a wise one in the end.

Having said that, now I have to break yet another piece of unexpected news here.

*Sigh* Tara and I broke up.

Out of respect I won't get into many details, not here at least, but I should clear up that this had nothing to do with TL and Kanu's situation. The circumstances and reasons were very different, so it's just a silly coincidence that both events happened within less than a month.
    To say it in a few words, I just didn't feel happy with how we carried our relationship anymore. Having to deal with the distance, language barrier, and the uncertainity of our future was already hard enough, but the way we behaved towards each other in certain circumstances just kept adding to the mix over the years. We had quite a lot of intense moments, it really became a bigger problem every time, and I just couldn't take it any more.

I'm very sorry if this is disappointing to some, after giving the impression of being a perfectly happy couple with our travel pictures and such. The truth is that there's stuff that happened behind the scenes that I'd rather try to forget and not take the risk of repeating it. I do appreciate the good times we shared together and I'll remember them dearly, but the sad truth is that the rest of the story got to outgrow those good days, it was just too much to handle, and I certainly don't want to live like that forever.

As for what will happen from now on, only time will tell. I'm still naturally feeling depressed about having to get to this, but deep down I'm sure we needed this. We both need a fresh new take on our lives. I believe that eventually this will do us more good than harm, making us mature in mind for a better future. I don't see these past 4 years and 9 months as a waste, but more as some life experience we learned to make good use of it in the future.

I'll always keep hoping for the best for the two of us, wherever our separate ways take us.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What's going on these days?

So sorry this had to happen for you 2 aswell.
    Little shocked aswell, seeing Tara's statusses on FB, don't think anyone saw it coming either.

In the end all 4 of you had amazing times with each other, and you all went on amazing journeys with each other. So it's great to see you say yourself that all those years weren't a waste.

I might not be the best person, but I do like to listen when someone needs to talk, so if anyone needs to, feel free to

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You wouldn't have thought about this happening, would you?

But yes, it did, and that just proves that no matter how happy you seem one minute, things can fall apart the next.

That's all I have to say on the matter. Like Emilio, I'm feeling pretty heartbroken and depressed right now, as you can imagine.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Aw, man, I didn't expect this I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you guys, but I can understand. The distance, the language barrier and the future plans... it all sounds very familiar, hehe. It must've been a difficult decision to make, but I'm sure things will work out for the best for both of you in the end. Lots of hugs

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Aw, man, I didn't expect this I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you guys, but I can understand. The distance, the language barrier and the future plans... it all sounds very familiar, hehe. It must've been a difficult decision to make, but I'm sure things will work out for the best for both of you in the end. Lots of hugs
    Yeah, it's been hard for some of us in term of long term relationship, including what happened to me in the past.

Sorry to hear that KS and Leor.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Whaaaat? Ok, yeah this seems unexpected, especially so soon after Kanu and TL broke up even though I know it's not all for the same reasons. But also just because you two were just visiting each other. But yeah, I know that doesn't show everything of what is going on behind closed doors.

I'm a little sad to hear of both couples breaking up. I guess I just want to hear happy endings of finally living together after so many years of being apart in a long distance relationship. But this can happen to any couple, even after living together and being happy for many years. My parents are divorced, but they were happily married for the first 10 years of their marriage. So yeah, it can happen to anyone.

I sorry to hear this, but hopefully it was for the best in the end. I wish you both the best in your future. Like Nathalie said, I am always willing to listen and talk if you want a friend to talk to.
    Last edited by Sharifu; June 10th, 2014 at 07:14 AM.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh ... just oh. I'm sorry for this news. I don't like if people broke up. I wish that life can be easier .. more romantic and hopeful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lweek View Post
    Oh ... just oh. I'm sorry for this news. I don't like if people broke up. I wish that life can be easier .. more romantic and hopeful.
    Well, here's some good news for you, just last month, on May 3, Petteri and I have been together for 9 years. But I didn't want to mention that at that time because, well for one we don't really celebrate on that anniversary date anymore, now that we have a wedding anniversary that is on a different date. But we do remember and think, "Hey, we have been together for this many years now!" when that date comes along. And I also didn't mention it last month because this thread at that time, mostly had news of relationships not going so well, so I didn't want to sound like I was bragging. (I know I am bringing it up now but it sounded like you wanted to hear some good news about this thread.) But it's weird to think next year it will be 10 years. Time sure flies. I feel old. I'm gonna turn 30 next year, OMG!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It is very sad for us see two relationships that begun in this website ending this way, but you know what is the best for your future and we need to respect your decision.

Sometimes we just need a "break" to think a best way to sustain that relationship or ending up finding it can't be sustained anymore.

I'm really sorry in hearing that but I really wish, in all your life's, you can make the choices that will make you a happy person.

Enviado de meu LT26i usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    Well, here's some good news for you, just last month, on May 3, Petteri and I have been together for 9 years. But I didn't want to mention that at that time because, well for one we don't really celebrate on that anniversary date anymore, now that we have a wedding anniversary that is on a different date. But we do remember and think, "Hey, we have been together for this many years now!" when that date comes along. And I also didn't mention it last month because this thread at that time, mostly had news of relationships not going so well, so I didn't want to sound like I was bragging. (I know I am bringing it up now but it sounded like you wanted to hear some good news about this thread.) But it's weird to think next year it will be 10 years. Time sure flies. I feel old. I'm gonna turn 30 next year, OMG!
    Congratulation! Those are truly better news. Oh well I'm 32 already. :P I should be settling down and have a family but I even have no gf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww, guys. Not sure what to say. Hugs to you both

Congrats on the 9 years Sharifu and Sadiki On the 13th of this month it will be 8 years for Pat and I, since we first met. Which I'm now just realising is 3 days away, and I have done/thought of nothing. Oops
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys. I really wanted it to work out, and it was going so well, but it just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

Congrats to you and Petteri on the 9 years though, Audra. It just proves that not all long distance relationships end this way. And to you too, Azerane. Congrats to you and Pat on the 8 years.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *hugs Leor and Tara *

I've already spoke to you both privately so I won't repeat, both you know I'm here and always up to talk to you =3 I wish you both the very best

Congrats Audra and Petteri, and "in 3 days " congrats to Bec and Pat It does show that these relationships do work, I have not ever once questioned about these types of relationships, even after these couple of unfortunate times, if I was to find some I like a lot over long distance and the person felt the same, I wouldn't hesitate in doing it again. You guys have put the cherry on top of the cake and I'm sure you both are an inspiration to many, myself included. I wish you both all the best in your life together *hugs*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    Congratulations on the 9th year anniversary Audra. =)

Me and Lweek is in the same situation, we both are old enough to have babies and getting married.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm old enough to have babies and get married too But I'm not married and I don't have babies! Also, I rather don't plan on having babies
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, KS & Leor. I'm shocked, you guys seemed like you had it so worked out.

Well...I haven't been around as long as some of the members here to be as close to....well, the lot of you, Kanu & TL, Leor & KS...so maybe it doesn't mean much but for what it's worth, I think one of the suckiest things about dissolving a relationship is when one or the other has to give up friends along with. I don't know what happened and don't want to, you're all still my buddies though.

Good luck sifting through the pieces and recovering to all
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    Wow, KS & Leor. I'm shocked, you guys seemed like you had it so worked out.

Well...I haven't been around as long as some of the members here to be as close to....well, the lot of you, Kanu & TL, Leor & KS...so maybe it doesn't mean much but for what it's worth, I think one of the suckiest things about dissolving a relationship is when one or the other has to give up friends along with. I don't know what happened and don't want to, you're all still my buddies though.

Good luck sifting through the pieces and recovering to all
    Yup, as well if only one of pair decide quit. Then there is usually reason that brings conflict and a lot of pain for them both as well as for surroundings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Coingrats on your 8 years, Bec and Pat. I am super excited for you that Pat is moving to Australia. (The plans are that he will move this year right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    I'm old enough to have babies and get married too But I'm not married and I don't have babies! Also, I rather don't plan on having babies
    Well I am married, but I am still undecided if I eventually want to have kids or not... First of all I think couples should be financially stable before they decide to start having a family, make sure that you can afford to provide a good life for your children. (Which we cannot right now, we don't even have our own place yet. We are renting a room while we finish college) And even if we were financially stable enough and had our own place right now, I am not ready for children yet. I still want my freedom.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, this is very shocking news (Leor and KS). I am sorry and hope you two find strength and happiness in days to come. I know this kind of pain; distance takes SO MUCH from a person.

& yes, Congrarts on the 9th Anniversary! I'd celebrate both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu
    Well I am married, but I am still undecided if I eventually want to have kids or not... First of all I think couples should be financially stable before they decide to start having a family, make sure that you can afford to provide a good life for your children. (Which we cannot right now, we don't even have our own place yet. We are renting a room while we finish college) And even if we were financially stable enough and had our own place right now, I am not ready for children yet. I still want my freedom

You got it! I agree 150% on this. I mean, nobody is ever truly ready once they have kids, you learn so much on the go..so I cannot imagine being unprepared in regards to financial obligations and some future plannings. It would be harrowing. I think a good foundation is best so you can focus all energies on the baby, if anyone ever has one. Even prepared, there is hardship...so no need to invite more than neccesary from inadequate planning!

..on that note, I know I want my own cubs some day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I may or may not have bought clearance simba booties at the disney store even though I don't want kids for another few years.. :P I agree that kids should come at a time of financial stability. If it was up to my boyfriend we'd be married with kids by now but I really want to get the most out of life before settling down.

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3