Uhm, so I’ve been married for almost 3 months now. Some of you might have seen that from my twitter a while ago.

I’ve been in a long distance relationship with a fellow TLK fan from the Netherlands since 2006. We met through TLKFAA (The Lion King fan art archive) back in 2005. I’m a bit bad with sharing this kind of stuff, because people have tried to invalidate my relationship in the past, so I rarely felt like talking about it. For a lot of people it was hard to understand and accept my situation, especially early on. But I know that some of you have been in similar situations, also with happy endings. Most of our relationship was long-distance, with countless travelling. However, I lived for 2 years in the Netherlands in the past and my husband lived with me in Greece for about a year and a half. It has been difficult trying to combine our situations and plans and there were also a lot of unexpected things that we had to deal with, but we’ve been very devoted to each other from the start.

I ended up moving to the Netherlands in the summer of 2019, right after I finished university. He proposed to me in July 2019 (sneakily took me to watch TLKoB on our anniversary and proposed on stage after the show was over) and we got married this August. I never particularly cared about getting married, since we'd been together for so long that it wouldn't change much for me. We just wanted to make it official, also for practical reasons. My family and friends couldn’t be there, because of the COVID-19 situation, which made me quite sad. We did a livestream for them though, it was the least we could do. I also got sick shortly after, luckily it wasn’t covid, but I was still sick for about a week, so we didn't enjoy those days much.

We want to do a small celebration/ party for our families and friends when things calm down and a small trip would be nice too. For now all those things have to wait, but it is what it is.