Thanks Thanks:  11
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: The Love Life Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ooooh called it! That's really exciting, hope the rest of the move goes smoothly for y'all

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's awesome, Nathalie! Hope the move is going well!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Woke up yesterday with a panic attack, and then a few more followed.
    We loaded the van until Sunday midnight, and there were still boxes left, had to clean the whole place. So we got up at 7, and needed it all done by 10.
    At 9 my parents came, and me and my dad had to go to city hall to arrange things, then the landlord needed to inspect the place, so was completely freaked that we wouldn't make it.
    But we then even managed to leave 10 minutes earlier.
    Never in the past 6 years, did I take 2 strong medications for my anxiety within 2 hours.

The ride back went smooth and fast.
    Unloading at the storage place took less long then we thought, which was good.

And today I still need to make lots of phone calls to cancel things in Belgium, as doing it online for many things the option 'move' wasn't there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Congratulations Nathalie!
    I hope everything was fine with the move. I also hope the panic attacks haven't bothered you again...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I had a little meltdown yesterday. I'm still waiting for the big one :/

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That can’t be nice, but at least you’ll have Adam around if that happens Do you both feel like you’ve settled in alright?

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't feel there's much difference with before.
    It may come next week, when I know I have never visited that long, lol.

It's just, all the past months, everything that went wrong, all the planning and arrangements, the packing, my family being stupid and weird, it all hasn't fully left my system yet, as I'm trying to just hang in there and get by.
    If I let myself go, getting more attacks is just a certain thing.
    But still things to take care off, so I need to hold on for just another week or 2-3.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Uhm, so I’ve been married for almost 3 months now. Some of you might have seen that from my twitter a while ago.

I’ve been in a long distance relationship with a fellow TLK fan from the Netherlands since 2006. We met through TLKFAA (The Lion King fan art archive) back in 2005. I’m a bit bad with sharing this kind of stuff, because people have tried to invalidate my relationship in the past, so I rarely felt like talking about it. For a lot of people it was hard to understand and accept my situation, especially early on. But I know that some of you have been in similar situations, also with happy endings. Most of our relationship was long-distance, with countless travelling. However, I lived for 2 years in the Netherlands in the past and my husband lived with me in Greece for about a year and a half. It has been difficult trying to combine our situations and plans and there were also a lot of unexpected things that we had to deal with, but we’ve been very devoted to each other from the start.

I ended up moving to the Netherlands in the summer of 2019, right after I finished university. He proposed to me in July 2019 (sneakily took me to watch TLKoB on our anniversary and proposed on stage after the show was over) and we got married this August. I never particularly cared about getting married, since we'd been together for so long that it wouldn't change much for me. We just wanted to make it official, also for practical reasons. My family and friends couldn’t be there, because of the COVID-19 situation, which made me quite sad. We did a livestream for them though, it was the least we could do. I also got sick shortly after, luckily it wasn’t covid, but I was still sick for about a week, so we didn't enjoy those days much.

We want to do a small celebration/ party for our families and friends when things calm down and a small trip would be nice too. For now all those things have to wait, but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Congrats Kossu! You have been together with your husband almost as long as Petteri and I have been together. We have been together since 2005 and met in 2004 on Lea! I know we weren't dealing with a pandemic when we got married in 2010, but we had a simple court wedding with just my mom and neighbor as witnesses. But that was basically because with how U.S. immigration worked for the visa Petteri had, we had to get married within 90 days of him arriving in the U.S. I knew we could always do something later to celebrate, such as renewing vows. We haven't done anything like that really, but we did have a nice two week long honeymoon in Hawaii. Like you said, you and your husband can do something nice in the future to celebrate.

Petteri and I have been married for almost 10 years! I can't believe it! That time went by so quickly! Our wedding anniversary is November 30. There is not a whole lot we can do because of the pandemic, but that's ok. We can make a nice dinner at home. We shouldn't really travel far from home anyways even if it was safe to do so, since I will be 36 weeks pregnant at that time and I don't want to be too far away from my doctor. I could possibly go into labor that early, although I hope not! I feel like I need the time to prepare to get things ready for our baby girl's arrival. I started my leave from my job a few days ago, so I am trying to get some things done now. Baby's due date is December 20.

After all these years, Petteri and I have been through a lot, we accomplished a lot of things and have a lot more things to look forward to in the future! I love him very much and feel very happy, blessed and lucky that we have each other.

Congrats again Kossu! I know being married doesn't really seem too different at first when you have been living together, but it's nice to make it official.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You guys are marvels, congrats Kossu!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Congratulations !!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congratulations Kossu.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks so much, everyone!

Congrats Sharifu with yours and STM's 10 year anniversary! And so exciting that you are expecting your first child now! I hope it will all go as smoothly as possible.

Also, it's been very heartwarming to read about your story. I wasn't part of Lea back then sadly, but I remember reading about your situation from your posts on TLKFAA around 2006-2007 and it had given me strength. I felt very isolated back then, because such "internet" long distance relationships were not very common and were difficult for my friends at the time to understand(some even stopped talking to me, looking back it feels very weird). It's been a long, tough road, but I have no regrets(well, except for not joining Lea earlier, but that's not entirely relevant).

(Also random funny fact: my husband's name is Petri)

Your friendly neighbourhood poom! Taneli's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Congrats Audra and Petteri on your anniversary! Gosh, 10 years already! I remember you both getting married, and him working almost non-stop back in Finland to save up the money to move over there. We're all getting old Also congrats on the baby! I didn't even realise! Guess it shows how out of the loop I've been lately. Have you decided on a name yet?

Also congrats to you Kossu!

As for me? Same old really I'm fine with single life for the most part, but coupled with the CoViD lockdowns that we've had to endure has made it kinda lonely without anyone to hang out with. But hopefully things will change soon now that there are several vaccines etc in the pipeline

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Congratulations, Kossu I'm so happy for you, and I love that you met on TLKFAA It really was/is the best site!

And congratulations on your anniversary too, Audra and Petteri I also remember when you both were working so hard to make the move possible, and I also think it's hard to believe it's been 10 years already So very happy for you guys though, it's been wonderful to follow your journey and see that you're still going strong, hehe ^__^

-----