Wow, this thread has been quite busy while I was on my way back to Mexico, there's so much to catch up to I'll be a bit short of words, but I gave a read to everyone's posts at least.

Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
Everything is relative; in a long distance relationship you get "used to" a certain time span after a while. A couple of months between visits, a couple of weeks, a few days, a whole year... It's when that "norm" suddenly changes that things turn especially upsetting and frustrating. For example if Nath can't see her boyfriend this weekend. A week might seem like nothing compared to what some of the rest of us go through, but we all have our own points of reference and our own realities. All we want is to spend as much time as we possibly can with our loved ones, so when our carefully laid out plans fail, things gets very hard... And hearing about how others are together or don't have to spend as much time apart as you doesn't exactly make things easier.
I gotta give you credit for that, it's so true and it makes a lot of sense.
Tara and I are still the newest Lea couple, and we have met for only the second time now. Before planning this 2-week meeting, we had been planning for our second meeting to be on last winter. The news about me not being able to go then was really upsetting for both of us, and the wait had to be extended for 9 months instead. And this April we finally were together again, but 2 weeks feel short compared to the 5 weeks we spent together last year, so having been together at last after so long and then suddenly having to do more waiting isn't really amusing. But well, we're both quite new into this, as I said, there are still many joys and hardships to face in the future.
As of me, I'll have myself occupied during these 2 months, there's a lot to do in so little time, patients and speeches to prepare. I can't help but think of Tara coming here after all of that really rewarding

Quote Originally Posted by Simba The Mighty
As for KS and Leor, for you it might be a little too early to really jump the gun and really know what to do, but I would still talk about it as knowing what the ultimate goal is, who is going to move and what not, makes it a lot easier for the relationship, at least you would know what you work towards.
STM, man, your speech-post was very heartwarming to read, gotta say
As for me and KS's future, we have talked about it some times, and I agree with you it's something convenient to analyze what we can do to reach the goal of being permanently together, even if we're just in earlier stages in our relationship than the others here.
There are pros and cons about living in one another's countries, like those KS mentioned in her post. I have also suggested before that it'd be ideal if we both could move to El Paso Tx or close to there, since people speak English, it's a lot safer, and it has close relationships with Mexico, but I don't know how possible would it be for both of us to move to US, since none of us is currently a US citizen. Perhaps I would have to become first before her, but I don't know.