Thanks Thanks:  11

Thread: The Love Life Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    But it's really not that clear-cut, thank you hollywood for the years of deception
    Haha, indeed I pretty much spent the rest of that day just thinking and thinking and thinking... It's a very big, very important decision, so I wanted to be sure that I made the right choice. Especially since we're still so young. We still have no clue when the actual wedding will take place, but it won't be for another few years Getting engaged early is one thing, but somehow actually getting married at a very young age doesn't sit well with me. Though maybe we should estimate a date for in a few years so that we can invite all our Lea friends, haha :P

Also, your avatar has been staring at me, taunting me with the stule of the artist who drew it and I can't figure it out. Yet I want to say va-kasi? Though I didn't think they'd drawn for years...
    My avatar is made by myself If you meant my signature, it's drawn by Shi from the Aro'kai board ^^

@KS, when I first read your post, admittedly it made me angry. How dare you be upset when you only have to wait two months. And yet I know it's only jealousy that drives that feeling. Because I know, that no matter how long the seperation, it is always near unbearable.
    Everything is relative; in a long distance relationship you get "used to" a certain time span after a while. A couple of months between visits, a couple of weeks, a few days, a whole year... It's when that "norm" suddenly changes that things turn especially upsetting and frustrating. For example if Nath can't see her boyfriend this weekend. A week might seem like nothing compared to what some of the rest of us go through, but we all have our own points of reference and our own realities. All we want is to spend as much time as we possibly can with our loved ones, so when our carefully laid out plans fail, things gets very hard... And hearing about how others are together or don't have to spend as much time apart as you doesn't exactly make things easier. So from that perspective, I completely understand your feelings there That's when I think it's a good thing to have this lovely forum to go to, because I know that there are so many people here who understand what I go through every time I and Adam have to separate. As for the rest of that post, I couldn't agree more :3 I really, really hope that you'll get to book your tickets soon. And once you get there you'll have a whole six months together, which is awesome

And KS (and Leor), I'm so sorry to hear that you've already had to part ways. I could've sworn it was only a week since he got here D= Here's hoping again that these next two months will pass quickly for you! And that the visit after that will be in less time that nine months

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Everything is relative; in a long distance relationship you get "used to" a certain time span after a while. A couple of months between visits, a couple of weeks, a few days, a whole year... It's when that "norm" suddenly changes that things turn especially upsetting and frustrating. For example if Nath can't see her boyfriend this weekend.
    That's true though.
    Last year I saw him every weekend.
    We were apart for 3 months, and I saw him 3 times during that period.
    Since February we're back together, and I saw him again almost every weekend.

3 months ago, it was supposed to be every other weekend, but due to some events, for the past 8 weeks it was every weekend.
    The pattern is suddenly messed up after 2 months.

I'm home alone now 3 days, and these long weekends are the ones I look forward too the most, since it means I get to spend an extra day with him.

So that's another reason now, why I'm more upset then other weekends I didn't get to see him.

Also, it takes me "only" 1,5 hours to get to him by bus/train, and it just "frustrating" too, that he's just so close, and yet I can't see him.

Well, as mentioned before, if I had something to do during weekends or evenings, or have friends to hang out with, I know I wouldn't be feeling like this.
    And I'm feeling really depressed again for the past days, so that ain't helping eather, so again due to that, I just miss him alot more right now.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu