PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong?

Yougurt
May 25th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I was wondering... You know TLK2 is called " Simba?s stolthed" in Danish = Simba?s pride.. (The thing you can be)

But I was wondering if it had been mistranslated? Pride could also mean a pack of lions... and something you are?

Can you follow me? :confused:

Nalinda
May 25th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Yeah I know what you're talking about.. Well.. :p

Yougurt
May 25th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Can?t you see it sounds weird? ;)

nathalie
May 25th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Maybe you are mixing the words up?

* Pride as in Simba's Pride: the group of lions

* Proud: being proud at yourself for doing something (as in "Proud Mary" *lol*)

I could be wrong too ... Because the Dutch translatian, if you translate from Dutch to English, you get "proud".

Yougurt
May 25th, 2005, 04:06 PM
No Im not.

Pride ( like pride is a sin)
Pride - group of lions.

And that?s were I ask the question... could the Danish translators have mixed the words up?

Aurelian
May 25th, 2005, 04:27 PM
he is correct, Nathalie. In relation to "proud", "pride' is a noun, meaning pride as an object. Your pride is the object you are most proud of. You could say that "Simba's pride is his daughter." That means he's proudest of her. It is also commonly used in the phrase "Pride and joy!".

The title "Simba's Pride" is a play on words. "Pride" here takes on both meanings at once. Simba's pride of lions, and his pride that is his daughter.

Yougurt
May 25th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Exactly! (But Im not a he) *lol*

Shadow
May 25th, 2005, 06:00 PM
we have TLK "simbas tresure "

Yougurt
May 25th, 2005, 08:43 PM
huh? I don?t think I got that one Shadow? :confused:

Azerane
May 26th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Simba's Treasure ... as like Roq was saying, Simba's Pride and Joy ... that kinda thing ;)

Ruska
May 31st, 2005, 06:41 PM
In FInnish it is Jylh?kallion ylpeys...which means "The Pride of Pride Rock"...yeah, lame, I know. :Psst:

W-Eyed-Wanderer
June 1st, 2005, 12:22 AM
You know I never noticed the double meaning before...
:ayecapn: :lol:

I normally notice things like that straight away but oh well...I always took it as the literal 'Pride = group of lions' meaning.

Should have been called "TLK2: The sequel that has stolen half the plot of the first film and changed the main character into a whinging old git!"

Mind you that wouldn't fit on the cover of the DVD very well....loses some of its catchiness too...
:p :D

Prince Simba
June 1st, 2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
Should have been called "TLK2: The sequel that has stolen half the plot of the first film and changed the main character into a whinging old git!"
:p :D

:ayecapn::hakuna:

Shadow
June 1st, 2005, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Azerane
Simba's Treasure ... as like Roq was saying, Simba's Pride and Joy ... that kinda thing ;)

nope Simbas tresure was pointed to Kiara...she is his little tresure.....

unregistered user
June 1st, 2005, 06:05 AM
Treasure *just found gold and hold it* noo.. this mine :grr::mad::lol:jk

Yougurt
June 1st, 2005, 02:17 PM
Guntur:

Making fun of us are we XD