PDA

View Full Version : The Last Lions

Nuduli
April 30th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Has anyone gone to see this movie yet? I'd really love to see it (along with African Cats)!

Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoAcNdeEf_Y)

Azerane
May 1st, 2011, 01:58 AM
I really want to see it, but it didn't come out in theatres here so I have to make do with dvd. It does look amazing though and narrated by Jeremy Irons.... it has to be good :D

Nuduli
May 1st, 2011, 02:00 AM
Hehehe just adds to the added bonus of wanting to see it. :evilgrin:

Ngatuny
May 1st, 2011, 02:03 AM
It was a very limited release and I couldn't go see it, but it will be released in DVD so no worries.:)

BTW I think it would be a very different experience than African Cats knowing the Jouberts it will be great and of course Scar himself as narrator <--- "Priceless"

Nuduli
May 1st, 2011, 02:09 AM
The Jouberts? O_o *clueless* Care to explain? :embarassed:

Ngatuny
May 1st, 2011, 02:31 AM
Dereck and Beverly Joubert South African film makers that work with National Geographic some of their films include Lions of darkness, Eternal enemies, Ultimate enemies.

All highly recommended, the last two narrated by Jeremy Irons.

http://wildlifeconservationfilms.com/profile.html

they also have wonderful books to go with some of their films. The one for last lions is easy to find.

PS: in the film section of that web site you can watch clips of each film on youtube

Utora
May 1st, 2011, 03:40 AM
I tried to see it at the Frontenac Theater near here but it had very few slots. This movie aired in a few select places. :(

Nuduli
May 1st, 2011, 05:28 AM
Ohhh okay, thanks for the info! Will definitely take a look. And yeah, limited release, I'm not entirely sure if it showed in my area. x.x

King Simba
May 1st, 2011, 07:46 AM
I would like to see it, but I don't think there is a UK release. =/ So I guess like Azzy I'll just have to wait until it gets released on DVD.

It does look amazing though and narrated by Jeremy Irons.... it has to be good :D
My thoughts exactly! :D Jeremy Irons is awesome for this job. :jejeje: