PDA

View Full Version : How often???

lionloversam
May 22nd, 2005, 09:04 PM
I was wondering how often you watch TLK/TLK2/TLK 1.5? For me it is normally three times a month. Sometimes a lot lease.

King Simba
May 22nd, 2005, 09:08 PM
I've watched parts from all 3 movies today. I usually watch TLK/SP/TLK 3 whenever I'm bored or have nothing else better to do. :hmm: I've watched all movies quite a lot this month though. ;)

TakaTiger
May 22nd, 2005, 09:21 PM
i ushally watch them at least once a week, minimum

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 22nd, 2005, 09:26 PM
Well I'm exclusively a TLK fan, thought SP was okay but not worth repeated viewings, and I don't ever want to see TLK3 after the things I've heard about it...

Anyway ever since I got the DVD last summer I've not gone longer than two weeks without seeing it and I'll often watch it more than that...

Usually if I've got 83 minutes to waste I'll stick it on, sometimes with the commentary and sometimes without...usually I'll watch it without one day and then with the next - keeps it interesting!

It's amazing how it still feels fresh everytime you watch it, unlike 95% of films which get boring after the first couple of viewings. Maybe its a TLK-obsessive thing though...
:D:cheese:

unregistered user
May 22nd, 2005, 09:41 PM
I watch it about 4 times in a given week. Hehehe, I ain't lion either.
[not each movie 4 times...but...something like that =)

Opera Ghost
May 22nd, 2005, 09:50 PM
I watch them like once a month

Lucy Lioness
May 22nd, 2005, 09:57 PM
Oh my gosh - you all make me feel so ashamed...I watch them like like a few times a year. :badnews: Becuase I have other DVDS I love to watch too! But I know it all practically by heart anyway! :D TLK was like permanantly in the Video Player when I was a kid...until the video killed the VCR, lol. My poor TLK video had to be wrenched outta there. :Ohno:

Simba22
May 22nd, 2005, 09:57 PM
I watch them like twice a month.

LunarCat
May 22nd, 2005, 10:34 PM
don't worry Lucy, i only watch it about 3 times a year also. ;)

lolopimp
May 22nd, 2005, 11:08 PM
The only movie of the bunch that I watch is of course the original Lion King. I watch it Friday, Saturday, and maybe even Sunday (once in a while.) So that's twice a week, and never get tired of it.

va-kasi
May 23rd, 2005, 12:39 AM
SP: once or twice a month

TLK: 3-5 times a year

TLK3: I haven't seen it, I'ld like to, but I don't have the money for it :vitsm:

Kiara Serengeti
May 23rd, 2005, 01:12 AM
I watch TLK the original a one to a few times a month.

Endra
May 23rd, 2005, 01:34 AM
TLK: Maybe once every month.

TLK2: Twice a month

TLK3: Saw it thrice. Don't like it that much.

Ralli
May 23rd, 2005, 01:40 AM
I watch TLK 1.5 the most. Because I think it's friggin' good and I have an unhealthy obsession with real life and TLK meerkats. :evilgrin: But mostly because the animation is good, the jokes are funny, and it's not half-bad for a sequel/prequel. Then I watch TLK. I haven't seen TLK II in years.

:grrr: ...and yes, I do, in fact, think the jokes in TLK 1.5 are funny. And I also am very fond of TLK 1.5. Go ahead, mock and ridicule. I'm used to it. :huh:

va-kasi
May 23rd, 2005, 01:45 AM
As I said before I haven't seen TLK3 yet but from what I've seen it looks pretty funny :cheese:

Ralli
May 23rd, 2005, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by va-kasi
As I said before I haven't seen TLK3 yet but from what I've seen it looks pretty funny :cheese:

*glomps* Did you know I love you? No? Because I do. *slurp* For not poking fun at me for loving TLK 1.5.

...why am I so paranoid that people will mock me when they probably won't? *rambles* Because it's happened so often in the past? ...okay, I'm not used to it, it still hurts. *wince*

va-kasi
May 23rd, 2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Ralli
*glomps* Did you know I love you? No? Because I do. *slurp* For not poking fun at me for loving TLK 1.5.

...why am I so paranoid that people will mock me when they probably won't? *rambles* Because it's happened so often in the past? ...okay, I'm not used to it, it still hurts. *wince*

*L* No prob :cheese:

I get pretty sick of people constantly bashing SP so I feel pretty sorry for all the TLK 3 fans. It gets bashed way too much :eww:

Endra
May 23rd, 2005, 01:55 AM
I try not to bash any film. *shrugs* TLK 3 just wasn't my thing. Good animation, I just didn't enjoy it as much as the original or SP.

Both SP and TLK3 get bashed way too much though. *huggles*

Simba22
May 23rd, 2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Ralli

Don't worry about it I for one love Lion King 1 1/2. I am into those kinds of jokes.:cheese:

Fear The Paw
May 23rd, 2005, 02:51 AM
I love to Bash TLK 2, only to my self and others who know me, but the movie left me leaving too many unanswered questions, so I barley watch it to supress the riddicule it has to offer, and so I dont offer the riddicule about it to others.

Sombolia
May 23rd, 2005, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Fear The Paw
I love to Bash TLK 2,

O_o;

Um, anyways! I don't watch them that often, last summer, however, I watched TLK1.5 like 5 times in one day XD

Azerane
May 23rd, 2005, 06:07 AM
Hmm.. I've seen TLK 1.5 once, haven't seen it again, I think I need to before I can make an opinion on it. I watch TLK generally once a month, sometimes more sometimes less, and I watch SP maybe twice a year.

Mizani
May 23rd, 2005, 06:13 AM
Once a month I'd say.:thinks:

Lucy Lioness
May 23rd, 2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Um, anyways! I don't watch them that often, last summer, however, I watched TLK1.5 like 5 times in one day XD

Lol. I did the same thing last year! I don't know what came over me! :D

HasiraKali
May 23rd, 2005, 11:48 AM
Now that school's out, I can watch them everyday if I wish... and I plan to. I do every summer. :D

Nalinda
May 23rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
When I was younger I used to look at TLK and SP quite often.. Now I watch them quite often too to take screenshots or watch parts which I like very much. I look at the hole movies maybe once a month or something.

unregistered user
May 23rd, 2005, 08:53 PM
Sorry, this is off topic, but:confused: who is this "Roog" person that I keep hearing so much about? I'm totally lost. Seems like an important person and I don't know anything about him. :lol: Did he create this site, or something?:alone:

Storm90
May 23rd, 2005, 09:03 PM
Heh, I try to watch my Lion King movies a couple time of months.

Depends on how much school work I have or how much muisc I have to practice.

I watch the movies more in the summer though, way too much free time. ^_^

I remember watching SP non-stop, I just love Kovu and Nuka :D

Lucy Lioness
May 23rd, 2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Wide-Awake-Lion
Sorry, this is off topic, but:confused: who is this "Roog" person that I keep hearing so much about? I'm totally lost. Seems like an important person and I don't know anything about him. :lol: Did he create this site, or something?:alone:

I asked the same question when I joined, and have regretted it ever since! Lol! Kidding! :D Love ya Roog! Roog is a crazy member of the board, he's crazy! Hehe. Seriously, he's a great guy! :D

unregistered user
May 23rd, 2005, 10:07 PM
Maybe once or twice a month, but it's usualy because I've got nothing better to do.

unregistered user
May 24th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the information, Lucy Lioness!=) :)

Sombolia
May 24th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Lol, Roog's just a popular member ;) He likes to think he owns all of us XD

Simba22
May 24th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Lol, Roog's just a popular member ;) He likes to think he owns all of us XD

You mean he doesn't?:eek:;)

unregistered user
May 24th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the link, SimbatheLion. =)

King Simba
May 24th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Roog...how can ya miss him? He's everywhere! :lol: :gasp: :eek:

soulImbibe
May 25th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Just rewatched TLK2:SP today, but for the first time on the big screen (it seems weird to say that, but TLK2 was never released in theaters so I had to make my own in order to see it that way). I was more impressed with the overall quality than I had been before. There's a lot of subtle things you don't notice on a 27" TV that the animators obviously went through trouble to create, like the shimmer around the setting sun in one of the scenes from Pride Rock. Of course it's not as great in details as the original TLK but they did have to fit a budget--at least there aren't too many scenes where the background characters don't move at all. DTS really makes the rhino stampede and the end battle menacing.

To make this post on-topic, I will say that I usually watch TLK about once a month, TLK2 about once every other month, and TLK1.5 when I'm bored and want something a little different. I also try to pop in the TLK laserdisc from time to time to keep my player exercised, but the inferior quality has led me to favor the DVD now that I have a projector.

lion_roog
May 25th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
I asked the same question when I joined, and have regretted it ever since! Lol! Kidding! :D Love ya Roog! Roog is a crazy member of the board, he's crazy! Hehe. Seriously, he's a great guy! :D

:haha:...Lucy Loves me....:D

And yes, they let me wonder around this board creating prides and loving the lionesses...:D :rawr:

Nalinda is going doooooown!!!!....:D

Katifa
June 26th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Back on topic...

Roughly every other month, I'd say, or to be more presise: whenever the hell I feel like it! :haha: I don't really feel I "need" to watch it often as some of you guys since I watched it like, every other day when I was a little kid and as a result, the whole script is practically programmed into my brain... but the nice thing is, there are just so many deep morals and subtle verbal jokes I was totally oblivious to back then that it's like I can watch it a totally different way each time around and never get truly bored... even so, I deeply wish I hadn't wasted such a beatiful film on my six-year-old self so many hundreds of times... :sad: Not that I'm implying I, like, don't LIKE TLK anymore. For the love of god, please don't think that way!!!

Then there's SP, of course, which I usually tend to hang around in limbo between loving and hating - but as a general rule, the more I watch it, the more I like it, so I make a point of finding the time whenever possible (an SP a day keeps the bashing away! :cheese: ). It's one of those movies that's ?technically? terrible if you follow your ?programmed? ideas about what makes a movie good or bad, but you can't deny that warm, fuzzy feeling it leaves inside you - it's not quite the original TLK, but it comes close. :) So, to sum up: Simba's Pride is by far the installment of the TLK saga I enjoy and watch the least, but the best way I can put it is as a ratio: which is approx 3 TLK1 viewings to 1 SP viewing. Hope I make myself clear enough.

Last but not least: TLK1 1/2 (or TLK3HM to me) plays round the clock on Disney Channel UK; roughly once a week I'd say (no doubt an ingenious marketing ploy on Disney's part!,:kovusmile: ) and naturally, being the rabid Pumbaa fangirl I am, I jump at the chance to watch it whenever I'm not doing anything. Unfortunatly, I'm about the busiest body in my grade, so I rarely get that oppertunity when I most want it. :badnews: Still, it's mighty convienient for "closet" TLK fans like me, cause when I watch the third film on TV at boarding school (yep, you read right: a boarding school with satallite TV AND we go home every other weekend like now!! :bleen: ) the "cool" girls can easilty assume I'm "just watching it cause it's on" rather than I actully, like, LIKE a so-called "baby" movie!

Oh, and a little somewhat on-topic side note: considering the illustrious occaision of last Friday :wink: if everthing goes to plan I'm hoping to fulfill kind of a dream of mine by watching the whole trilogy in one sitting later today: something I've been trying to do since I rediscovered the films last Autumn, but on every attempt, a new Simpsons ep stood in the way and I only got as far as SP... :grrr: I kid, I kid! I love those Simpsons really, but because everyone in my family (myself included) is a HUGE Simpsons fanatic but not everyone likes TLK as much as me, I always find myself overpowered by the crowd... :alone: But you never know: today could be the day for me, and I've promised myself I will NOT postpone it on the day the movie I adore turns 11 years and 2 days old! :ayecapn: Just imagine... TLK1 for breakfast, SP for lunch and TLK3 for dinner... mmm, I'm dribbling on the keyboard just at the thought. :slimey:

Ruska
June 28th, 2005, 10:47 AM
When I feel like it, really. Although my computer's DVD thingie is a bit...broken at the moment, so I can't watch it with that. Nor with our other DVD player. Well I could, but there's something wrong with the audio or something in that player, it only plays the background music, not the voices or anything. :confused:

I'll survive!

Kiara Serengeti
June 29th, 2005, 03:12 AM
*shrugs* TLK3 was okay, but wasn't my cup of tea. I really like SP but mostly because of Kiara and Vitani.

Shoukai
June 29th, 2005, 05:50 AM
I do what King Simba does, watch clips from all of them in a day. Mostly for screenshots, sometimes just to admire the animation.

Sombolia
June 30th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Well it's been awhile, so I figured I'd update what I wrote here before.

I'll pop in TLK whenever I feel like it, but even then I'm only using it as background music when I'm online. I don't really watch it anymore, and even when I do, I mostly watch the Scar scenes.. I've seen it so many times, it gets boring. Yes, dare I say it, fanboys - boring.

SP I watch even less, because the more I watch it, the more annoying Kiara gets. Actually, I don't think I even really minded her until I became a more active member of the fandom - maybe it's not that I find her annoying, but others bashing her got in that mindset. And not just Kiara, the whole movie - it's impossible to watch it without all the bad - and quite frankly, stupid - things people have said about it. It ruins the whole expiriance for me.

Now, TLK1.5 is different - it's light and funny and it's just the thing when I need a bit of humor. I watch it quite often and I enjoy it every time, unlike SP, the bashing hasn't ruined it a bit.

And yea.

unregistered user
June 30th, 2005, 06:20 AM
I haven't watched TLK for.. *forgets* I don't remember the last time I watched TLK actually. I watched Simba's Pride today though. I don't remember the last itme I watched TLK3 either.

When I'm home I'm always disturbed by my family. And when I'ma t college I'm too busy. Plus for me personally TLK has lost a lot of its spark since I first watched it since unlike many of you guys I never did fall out of love with it ;) Though recently it just.. i don't know, I can't really explain it. But anyway, I watch it every now and then..