PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "Star Wars" Movie?

Sombolia
May 19th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Preeeeetty self-explanitory, doncha think?

I voted for Episode V =P

Endra
May 20th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Empire Strikes Back! Though... I haven't seen Episode III yet.

unregistered user
May 20th, 2005, 12:45 AM
I heard Revenge of the Sith made up fer the disappointments in both I and II. So, I'm giving III it's reward! lol.

Dare
May 20th, 2005, 01:11 AM
I'm old school, and you can't go wrong with AT-AT walkers. Those things scared the crap out of me when I was a wee kid. Episode V alll the way! *nodnods*

Sombolia
May 20th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Then again, my vote may be swayed when I see III.. I just didn't wanna see it today, I ain't gonna go in a crowed, sticky theater and sit in between Darth Vader and a Clone Trooper! XD

unregistered user
May 20th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Ya, we had folkies campin outside mid-rivers mall. My sister and bro in law went and saw it the second it opened. They said there was about 300 peeps on average just sitting on the florrs waiting all the way to the cafe, which is a very long way. I may see it this saturday. Or sunday.:evilgrin:

unregistered user
May 20th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Return of The Jedi will always reing surpreem in my heart.

Vader: "Luke, help me take this mask of..."

Luke: "But, you'll die."

Vader: "That can no longer be helped."

Simba22
May 20th, 2005, 02:57 AM
I got to tell everyone planning on seeing Revenge Of The Sith that you're really going to get your money's worth for that movie. I went today and I loved the movie even though they were having technical problems at some points in the movie. In fact there was a time in the middle where the screen went blank and the House lights came on for about 10 seconds then the movie came back. I got to tell you I'm the complete opposite of a Star Wars fan for all the other movies I have fallen asleep in or yawning. But this movie oddly was different. I can not emphasize enough about how much I loved this movie.:cheese:

Simba '04
May 20th, 2005, 03:03 AM
I am not going to vote yet because I have yet to see Ep. III, but as of right now I'm going with Ep. IV as my favorite

Aurelian
May 20th, 2005, 03:30 AM
I should probably wear some sort of protective armor to say this, but I never liked Star Wars.

http://scd.mm-b.yimg.com/image/1367464908

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Yikes! I knew this was a bad idea! I'm out of here!

Simba22
May 20th, 2005, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo
I should probably wear some sort of protective armor to say this, but I never liked Star Wars.

http://scd.mm-b.yimg.com/image/1367464908:eek:

Yikes! I knew this was a bad idea! I'm out of here!

Neither was I but that Episode 3 movie changed my mind.

Sombolia
May 20th, 2005, 03:45 AM
*watches as Roquivo is attacked by mob of angry fanboys* o_o;

XD Jus' joking, we all have opinions ;)

Which reminds me, one of my friends from LJ posted that he was in line last night for Star Wars, and his friend was dressed up as Vader - he dared his friend to take of the costume and yell "STAR WARS SUCKS!", and he did, and the fanboys... well, they weren't happy :lol: :evilgrin:

unregistered user
May 20th, 2005, 03:47 AM
We ran from the cops once after waking everyone up in our nieghbourhood re-inacting the dual of fates. Well, we were hiding in the bushes, and we had our sabers on, and the cops saw the light, and they found us. Real Sith Stealth like eh? For your...SW fan freak fest of doom there.

unregistered user
May 20th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
*watches as Roquivo is attacked by mob of angry fanboys* o_o;

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/MufaCubby/887d5e81.jpg I think this fits the topic of the moment ;)

klowd
May 20th, 2005, 05:19 AM
As a good fan I went yesterday too watch the new one =P and my favorite is and always will be the awesome Episode VI.

Ngatuny
May 20th, 2005, 07:05 AM
I love all Star Wars movies but Ep.3 takes it all.:p

unregistered user
May 20th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Roquivo
http://scd.mm-b.yimg.com/image/1367464908

Pizza the Hut 6_9... (?) XD

nathalie
May 20th, 2005, 05:00 PM
I can't really choose between IV - V - VI.
And I still love to watch all 3 movies, since I was little.

I - II aren't really my thing.

In my opinion, all we needed to know was
* Who is Anakin?
* Why did he became Darth Vader?
* and to see when he murdered that village after his mom died
* and maybe 1 or 2 other things

But to make 3 movies from +/- 2 hours for all that, I don't know.

I like them though, it's not that ...

unregistered user
May 20th, 2005, 05:11 PM
:p..
i hope theres a marathon
from ep 1 to 6 over here :p

Shadow
May 20th, 2005, 06:56 PM
3 OMFG I SAW THE PREMIEAR WOW ITS SO AZSOME GOD !!!

unregistered user
May 20th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Definatly The return of the Jedi as my fav

then V, IV, II, I

I dont know where il put numbero three in yet :E

nathalie
May 20th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by shadow
3 OMFG I SAW THE PREMIEAR WOW ITS SO AZSOME GOD !!!

I hate to say this again, but can you please, leave the F out of there ??

I don't think it has a different meaning then what I think it means ...

Alli
May 20th, 2005, 10:23 PM
My brothers friend "accidently" Got an extra ticket, even though my bro said he'd wait to go. So my bro went. But i couldn't go cause it was at 12:01 at night and ended at like, 4 in the morning and i had retarded, idiot, moronic, school. Dang schools...And i had to have gotten a ticket...So i'm gonna see it later, when it's not so crowded.

Edit: And last night i stayed up till 12 watching this show on VH1 called "When Star Wars Ruled The World" And this guy said that so far they aren't making anymore star wars movies but most likely they'll make more. I don't want them to cause we just finished this whole group of movies and it's a legend. A lot of times the added on movies ruin the originals.

unregistered user
May 20th, 2005, 10:31 PM
I havn't seen any of them...:S

unregistered user
May 21st, 2005, 05:56 PM
A little off topic, but I just thought that I'd bring up that; on the special DVD edition of Return of the Jedi, at the end when Luke sees the Jedi appiritons of Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin, the actor that plays Anakin isn't that dude with the werid looking hair from the original, but the one that plays Anakin in episode III, just a tidbit I wanted to throw out there.

Sombolia
May 21st, 2005, 09:25 PM
^ Cool :thinks:

Hey, who're guys' favorite characters, as well? I like Anakin and Han Solo :p

Utora
May 21st, 2005, 09:37 PM
Obi Wan Kenobi is my favvy. The younger one. In 1-3.

Sombolia
May 21st, 2005, 09:43 PM
^ Ooh, forgot about him! Yea, I like Obi-Wan in Episode 1 :p

unregistered user
May 21st, 2005, 10:10 PM
Obi wan episode IV

LunarCat
May 22nd, 2005, 01:46 AM
lol, i see we have some Ewan McGregor fans out there :p (@somby and utora)

just got back from seeing the most recent one. it was good, but not great.

my fave character......hmm.........yoda......and i'd say Anakin in Episode's 2 and 3. :D :cheese:

Utora
May 22nd, 2005, 02:01 AM
Ewan ROX! -coughs- Sorry. Good but not Great!? Well I outta....nvm...I haven't even seen it yet....-ahem-. JK.

Sombolia
May 22nd, 2005, 02:01 AM
Lol yeah.. Han Solo is still my all-time fave, though! :p

Han: "Do you ever think a guy like me, and a princess-"
Luke: "No."

:p

Utora
May 22nd, 2005, 02:04 AM
AHAHA! Love that quote....Han is sweet. Did you see the Millenium Falcon in number 3? [if you've seen it yet that is] Then again, that question is directed to all peeps who have seen ROTS [3]

Mizani
May 22nd, 2005, 02:34 AM
I might see it but it sounds like theres alot of killing:cringe:

Azerane
May 22nd, 2005, 02:38 AM
I'm not sure which one is my favourite, I don't really like Ep 1 and 2 at all, and I think my favourite out of the oldies is Ep 6, it's so cool. Yesterday I went and saw Revenge of the Sith and I absolutly loved it, it was so much better than Ep 1 and 2 because in those episodes all the graphics really annoyed me but in 3 they're just awesome, of course there's much more than that that makes it better but yeah :D I loved the opening sequence as well it got you straight into the movie. So I really love Ep 3 so it's a toss up between that and Ep 6. But I have to say after seeing Ep 3 it really sheds a bit of extra light on 4, 5 and 6 and especially on Yoda, he is such an awesome character in Ep 3 and I now think he's really cool instead of just the annoying old Jedi he is in the Degobah system in Ep 5 and 6:p R2-D2 is a cool character also :D But really... Ep 3 is just great, if you didn't like Ep 1 and 2, go and see 3 anyway, it's well worth it.:cheese: :D

Azerane
May 22nd, 2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Mizani
I might see it but it sounds like theres alot of killing:cringe:

Yes there is it's really sad, I won't go into any detail but there is a lot of killing, it's the darkest movie of them all. But it's so good.

Sorry for the double post.:eww:

EDIT: When I saw it there were so many little kids in the cinema, and by little I mean between 5 and 10 and I thought that was really bad because the movie is kinda a bit dark and violent for them in my opinion and particularly one part at the end is not good.

unregistered user
May 22nd, 2005, 02:39 AM
:lol: :p
the oldies is the 1337:p
Yeah baby ye.... err wrong movie :p

unregistered user
May 22nd, 2005, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Azerane
When I saw it there were so many little kids in the cinema, and by little I mean between 5 and 10 and I thought that was really bad because the movie is kinda a bit dark and violent for them in my opinion and particularly one part at the end is not good.

Yes, same here. My sister FAQed me in....alotta seared limbs and removing of body parts with sabers. and just Ani gettin' evil is a little much fer the chillen' to be watchin'. [Ages 5-10] Lucas said he thot it was gunna be his first PG-13 movie...Star Wars wise.

unregistered user
May 22nd, 2005, 04:05 AM
http://lionnedematrix.free.fr/art/Star-Wars/Lion-King-play-Star-Wars.jpg
In.. tres... ting...
:p

Azerane
May 22nd, 2005, 04:32 AM
Lionne De Matrix is a cool artist and that's a pretty cool pic.

Mizani
May 22nd, 2005, 04:41 AM
Ha ha me like:p

Shoukai
May 22nd, 2005, 04:47 AM
Yeah, i agree with zack, the oldies kick the crap out of the new Star Wars. James Earl Jones has more lines in the old ones, unlike in episde .

unregistered user
May 22nd, 2005, 04:52 AM
James Earl Jones - Mufasa :p
FYI :p
and yeah.. Luke and Vader is cool :p

Alli
May 22nd, 2005, 05:15 AM
Hmmm, i heard from a couple of friends that the third one stunk badly. I quote on of my friends, "It didn't have the Starwars vibe." And my other friend said, "They should've just stuck to the puppets like they did in the last couple ones." My bro said it was oooookay. My other friend told me to definatly NOT go, lol. Soooo, i think i'm just gonna rent it or watch it at the dollar theater. *shrugs*

unregistered user
May 22nd, 2005, 05:33 AM
lots of comment......
i think im gonna wait for DVD :p

Sombolia
May 22nd, 2005, 05:35 AM
Oh, wow.. :badnews: I just watched Episode V again, haven't seen it in FOREVER.. it gave me chills! I love that movie.

Random tidbit, near the end of V, where they're about freeze Han, Leia says "I love you" and Han responds "I know". That wasn't his original line, but after many many retakes, Harrison Ford got so tired of his line's repitition that he said "I know" out of exsasperation. George Lucas said he liked that line better, so it stayed.

Yeah. x3

LunarCat
May 22nd, 2005, 03:53 PM
lol somby :p

Alli
May 22nd, 2005, 07:01 PM
Oh, wow.. :badnews: I just watched Episode V again, haven't seen it in FOREVER.. it gave me chills! I love that movie.

Random tidbit, near the end of V, where they're about freeze Han, Leia says "I love you" and Han responds "I know". That wasn't his original line, but after many many retakes, Harrison Ford got so tired of his line's repitition that he said "I know" out of exsasperation. George Lucas said he liked that line better, so it stayed.

Yeah. x3

Really? On, "When Star Wars Ruled The World." The guy who plays Han Solo said that he never thought the line, "I love you too..." Sounded very...Hana solo-ey so he suggested that he just say, i know and they liked it so it stuck, lol.

Utora
May 22nd, 2005, 07:04 PM
Honestly....not trying to start any hate text or anything heh...but I think the worst character Lucas threw in there...[or whoever came up with the character] was Jar-Jar Binks.

Dare
May 22nd, 2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Utora
Honestly....not trying to start any hate text or anything heh...but I think the worst character Lucas threw in there...[or whoever came up with the character] was Jar-Jar Binks.

That seems to be the general consensus throughout the Star Wars fandom...or at least with those of us who are hardcore triology fans.

:ayecapn:

Xinithian
May 22nd, 2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
I hate to say this again, but can you please, leave the F out of there ??

I don't think it has a different meaning then what I think it means ... Why does it matter? It's not like he's cursing directly at anybody, and besides, if you wanted to you could interpret that as "Oh my freaking gosh".

At any rate, the Empire Strikes Back was my favorite.

Sombolia
May 23rd, 2005, 01:34 AM
Jar Jar is cool, in an "ong-i'm-so-freaking-annoying" way xD

Oh. And. I changed my sig to his Solo-ness x3

Alli
May 23rd, 2005, 01:39 AM
Nice sig! lol

unregistered user
May 23rd, 2005, 02:40 AM
Let vader control this forum :p
:evilgrin:

Sombolia
May 23rd, 2005, 03:47 AM
I'm watching Episode II right now.. man, I love Anakin, but I forgot how.. cheesy his actor is :confused:

unregistered user
May 23rd, 2005, 03:56 AM
haha Epi V and VI is cool :p
Return of the Jedi Watchin, I am :p

Sombolia
May 23rd, 2005, 04:38 AM
LOL! Star Wars Puppet Theater! xD

http://jerrythefrogproductions.com/SWEpisode1.html
http://jerrythefrogproductions.com/SWEpisode2.html
http://jerrythefrogproductions.com/StarWars.html
http://jerrythefrogproductions.com/EmpireStrikesBack.html
http://jerrythefrogproductions.com/ReturnoftheJedi.html

unregistered user
May 23rd, 2005, 05:06 AM
ROLF LMAO :p
nice one
i like this line
Darth Vader:
I've blown up planets, murdered thousands of Jedi, tortured your friends and lopped off your hand...want to join me anyway?
:lol:

Sombolia
May 23rd, 2005, 05:11 AM
XD

Darth Vader:
I present to you...the world's first Han-flavored popsicle!

Fans:
Mmmm....Han-flavored.....

unregistered user
May 23rd, 2005, 05:14 AM
dang Oldies Star wars is the 1337 :p
yeah 4, 5, and 6, is cool :p
Luke:
How could you be so stupid as to break this very important window?!

Darth Vader:
Because vacuums have no effect on evil.
:lol: haha.. okay im stop quotin this thing :p

Sombolia
May 23rd, 2005, 05:16 AM
One more quote! :p

From Epi II...
Amidala:
Until you graduate from emotional preschool, I'll take charge here.

Azerane
May 23rd, 2005, 05:57 AM
*raises hand* I'm agreed that Jar-Jar couldn't possibly have been any more annoying than he was.

"Meesa Jar-Jar Binks"
"Meesa gonna get a punch in the face if I don't stop talking like this!" :p:grrr:

Sombolia
May 23rd, 2005, 11:24 PM
"Meesa's gonna freaking die!"

(Quote from X-Play. Further proof that it pwns. x3)

Nice new av, btw, Azerane :p

nafklt
May 24th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Teh Empire Strikes Back! Buwahahaha!:P

I saw Revenge of trhe Sith on Friday, man there was a lot of people!:eek:

Azerane
May 24th, 2005, 07:19 AM
"Meesa's gonna freaking die!"

(Quote from X-Play. Further proof that it pwns. x3)

Nice new av, btw, Azerane :p

:lol: haha, that's great!

nafklt
May 24th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Lol, Yoda's awesome! :P

Azerane
May 24th, 2005, 07:29 AM
What'd you think of Revenge of the Sith nafklt?

Mizani
May 24th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Has anyone have Star Wars pod racer for Nintendo?(yes I know thats old) I remember when my bro got it he was obsessed with it:lol:

Sombolia
May 25th, 2005, 04:14 AM
^ I wish!

I watched RotJ again, today.. forgot how good it was! And aww, I thought Leia telling Han Luke was her brother was cute. xP

*fangirl* XP

unregistered user
May 25th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Doh!!! What a GOOD question... I like The Empire Strikes Back (Episode V), but Revenge of the Sith (Episode III) was just excellent, a link between my times and those of the Original Trilogy that I never lived...

I think it'd be a draw between episodes III and V, but I voted V for 2 reasons: 1) in the poll Ep III was beating Ep V just for 1 vote, 2) There is a crucial "I am your father" in Ep V...

;)

nafklt
May 30th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Azerane
What'd you think of Revenge of the Sith nafklt?

Well, it was kinda boring since everyone already knew what was gonna happen, but there was more lightsabre battles than I've expected. I was kinda disappointed though when Yoda just gave up the fight with the Sith lord and escaped...:hmm:

Sombolia
May 30th, 2005, 05:04 AM
^ Ha, yeah, I already know everything about teh movie, but I stll wanna see it :P

Xinithian
May 30th, 2005, 05:09 AM
^ I wish!

I watched RotJ again, today.. forgot how good it was! And aww, I thought Leia telling Han Luke was her brother was cute. xP

*fangirl* XP The whole Jabba the Hut thing was so terrible. It ruins the movie for me...

Sombolia
May 30th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Gah, Jabba. He's such a turd (quite literally, it looks like :P), I'm glad Leia killed him :p

unregistered user
May 30th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Jabba :p.. yeah.. Jabba the :rawr: one :lol:

Sombolia
May 30th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Jabba is not "rawr".. well I suppose if you were a Hutt, or whatever, he'd be rawr, but to me, he is most certainly not "rawr" :p

unregistered user
May 30th, 2005, 08:45 AM
yeah.. jabba can attract girl.. like... err.. Leia:p

Alli
May 30th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Lol, Leia is quite surely not attracted to Jabba *gags* I agree sombolia, he not only looks like a turd, he is one xD