PDA

View Full Version : What's your skin?

Azerane
April 30th, 2011, 12:39 PM
So just a classic question for a bit of fun.

Are you Team Night Sky Blue, The Default theme, or Team Outlander? :lol:

When the forum restarted, I was using Outlander theme, but a couple of days ago I switched to Night Sky.

Wide Eyed Wanderer
April 30th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I've been on team NightSky since 2005...all the other skins look really weird to me now!
:lol:

The blue is so much easier to read than the others as well...
;)

nathalie
April 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I have the default skin.

I kind of miss the Hakuna Matata green skin, I had that one on Lea 1, haha.

I never really used the blue skin, as I couldn't read everything very well, too dark.

King Simba
April 30th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I'm Team Night Sky Blue. ;) I love the colour blue, so this theme works very nicely for me. :)

Even though none of the themes are really that hard on the eyes, it seems easier on the eyes for me too than the Circle of Life theme. I guess it just depends on the member which theme they prefer.

Nuduli
April 30th, 2011, 01:02 PM
When the forum restarted, I was using Outlander theme, but a couple of days ago I switched to Night Sky.

Same here! While the Outlander theme is pretty neat, I'm not a fan of Zira. :lol: I'm waitin' on that awesome Scar theme for sure, hehe.

Azerane
April 30th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Ok, who moved my thread?! :lol: j/k I guess it does fit here. My bad :p

Seems night sky blue has always been pretty popular. I agree that it's easy on the eyes, though there was one point where for about 5 months I just couldn't use it because it was too harsh on my eyes and I used the default theme (which is usually harder on them), so I don't know what that was about. Too much blue perhaps?

nathalie
April 30th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Hmm, wouldn't really fit in here though, more the Elephant Graveyard :p

Lion King Stu
April 30th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Always have had Night time sky ever since the first website and I will be continuing on with now :D

Dare
April 30th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Lea Default (aka "Circle of Life")
I have, from time to time, switched to Night Sky Blue, but I find Lea Default easier to read because there's more color contrast - orange text on a maroon background, as opposed to nothing but various shades of blue. Night Sky Blue is too monochromatic for my taste...after a while, the text blends into the background and the "New Post" icons aren't as easily spotted by me as they are on Lea Default.

I feel that "Outlander Grey" is a misnomer because I see very little "grey" in it - on my screen, most of the skin seems to be a sickly yellowish/brownish/greenish color and when I plug the background color into Photoshop, the closest "net friendly" hex code it gives me is #999933. I don't know why, but looking at this particular color scheme makes me feel somewhat ill after awhile, so thus far I haven't used it much.
XD

nathalie
April 30th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I feel that "Outlander Grey" is a misnomer because I see very little "grey" in it - on my screen, most of the skin seems to be a sickly yellowish/brownish/greenish color and when I plug the background color into Photoshop, the closest "net friendly" hex code it gives me is #999933. I don't know why, but looking at this particular color scheme makes me feel somewhat ill after awhile, so thus far I haven't used it much.
XD

Yeah, also for me, there's not really any grey in there, only different shades of yellow / kaki green sort of colors, hehe.

KanuTGL
April 30th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Team Night Sky Blue! Haha :p

I use the deafult skin from time to time, but the one I like the most has always been the blue one :3

Wide Eyed Wanderer
April 30th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I remember the days on old Lea of everyone having TNSB in their signature...

Wish I could find a screenshot of my sig back then...I know there was all sorts of random crap on it.
:p

Sadiki
April 30th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Hasn't really settle in for me yet. I probably change the theme about 10-20 times a day when testing things. But I do have a feeling the default theme is what I'll end up using the most. Right now I'm using "Test button" theme.... yeah I don't see that in the list but actually I think you guys are lucky not using this mess as it's pretty messed up due to all the testing in it.

And the grey in outlander theme, yeah I took the grey color away from it as it made it even more difficult to read, but I kept the word grey as outlands are rather grey area. I could have probably done a little better job with colors on it, but it turned out the way it did, maybe once I get the board closer to what it was, I'll play around a bit more with that theme ;)

Sombolia
April 30th, 2011, 06:41 PM

Wish I could find a screenshot of my sig back then...I know there was all sorts of random crap on it.

Yes! Haha :p

I still use the Night Sky theme... the default hurts my eyes with all the red.

Guntur
April 30th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I gotta say Outlanders, because most of my lifetime and my role as a pridelanders are a bit out of the box, my eccentric ways, and considered as outlanders from the human eyes.

[insert smiley here]

HasiraKali
April 30th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I'm Team Night Sky too. :D I love blue... like whoa, y'all. And the other skins kind of hurt my eyes.

I think I shall proclaim my team in my signature. Because I'm cool like that. :lol:

Azerane
May 1st, 2011, 02:17 AM
I think I shall proclaim my team in my signature. Because I'm cool like that. :lol:

Just like old times? ;)

HasiraKali
May 1st, 2011, 03:54 AM
:confused: I seem to have forgotten much about these "old times" :lol:

Ngatuny
May 1st, 2011, 05:17 AM
I'm using the Outlander right now. Nice and easy on the eyes. ;)

Revo
May 1st, 2011, 08:19 AM
I switch between Night Sky and Default from time to time. Default being the easier one on my eyes out of the two.

ThiagoPE
May 2nd, 2011, 09:49 PM
This one is hard to me because I change the theme depending on where im acessing Lea:

http://files.thpe.net/Thiago/lea1.jpg
Lea in my Living Room

http://files.thpe.net/Thiago/lea2.jpg
Lea in my Room

http://files.thpe.net/Thiago/lea3.jpg
Lea everywhere

Sadiki
May 3rd, 2011, 12:43 AM
Hmm this is fairly odd.. your logo is on the far left, instead of centered... Is someone else experiencing this as all the logos should be centered?

Simbaspirit
May 3rd, 2011, 01:54 AM

Haha I remember that! I loved all those sigs back then.. way more text than now. I remember Roog had a list of his lionesses :p

HasiraKali
May 3rd, 2011, 02:12 AM
Well we can all have a surge of nostalgia if we like. :lol: I know I already am...

Nalas
May 3rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
Hmm this is fairly odd.. your logo is on the far left, instead of centered... Is someone else experiencing this as all the logos should be centered?

I think it may be because of the screen size; mine is perfectly in the center.

I had mine on the default theme, but then I choose the Night Sky cause the default one all of a sudden started hurting my eyes. :lol: The blue is easier for my little eyes to read! :p

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 3rd, 2011, 09:16 PM
My logo is on the left as well...When I first joined it was in the centre and clashing with the text at the top - I assumed it was a deliberate move to avoid that clash!
;)

ThiagoPE
May 3rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
I perceived that when you turn on the compatibility mode of internet explorer 9 it goes to center, but then the quick login options or the notifications menu goes above the site logo.

To me, i rather prefer having the logo to the left and the notifications menu where it are now (right side of the site logo)

Sombolia
May 4th, 2011, 03:38 AM
My logo's in the center and it doesn't clash with the nav text at all. :thinks:

Sadiki
May 4th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Hmm yeah that is fairly odd, thought if that is the way you like it and it's by choice than I see no problem with it. ;)

King Simba
May 4th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Yep, my logo is in the centre too it seems. :thinks:

Did anyone have this problem on the old Lea? I'm just curious. :p

Monai
May 16th, 2011, 08:23 PM
The logo is working fine for me. And of course, Team Night Sky Blue forever :)

Azerane
May 16th, 2011, 11:06 PM

:lol: Trust you to pick that up, I didn't even notice :p

Vidan
May 18th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Using the default theme.

I'll be honest, they're all quite hard on my eyes. :p Increasing the font size doesn't help; the color schemes just lack enough contrast. I was considering making a theme from scratch that featured black text on a white background with most of the coloration on the margins/borders, sort of a Zazu-inspired theme, but then two jobs happened. :nukasmilie::zzz: It'd be a lot easier just modifying the default theme, I suppose.

Cheetahstar546
May 24th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Team Outlander for me! I <3 Zira in the pic up top

Weylin
May 24th, 2011, 05:50 AM
I was about to say 'white' then i saw the poll :lol:

I'm stupid :p

Sombolia
May 24th, 2011, 09:09 AM
^ :lol: I was thinking that too...

Azerane
May 24th, 2011, 10:21 AM
:lol: I can't see a thread on skin colour going down to well :p

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 24th, 2011, 11:27 AM
My skin's red at the minute anyway...
:haha:

Nalas
October 8th, 2014, 04:45 AM
Wow, I completely forgot I posted here! :lol: Anyway, now I'm using the "Endless Night" (purple) theme. It's such pretty shades of the color, and the header is one of my favorite scenes from TLK! :D

King Simba
October 8th, 2014, 07:15 AM
I'm currently using the 20th Anniversary theme, featuring our 20th Anniversary collab. :D

Maybe we could do with a new poll now since we have some more themes... :idea:

Vidan
October 9th, 2014, 05:44 AM
It would actually be possible for Azerane (or any admin or forum/supermod) to give the existing poll more options and reset the vote count if s/he wanted, but I suppose this thread is dated enough to make a new one, so:

Tada:

http://leahalalela.net/showthread.php?6108-What-theme-are-you-using-(new-poll)