PDA

View Full Version : Rio!

Azerane
April 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM
So, who's seen it? It came out here on the 7th I think, which was earlier than the U.S release.. which confused me... :confused: I saw it on the Tuesday after it came out with a friend of mine (hooray for cheap day!) and we really enjoyed it.

The animation was well done, it was entertaining and had some cool characters. Although I got sick of those smaller birds :p And some of the jokes and things weren't that kid-friendly. Not like our innocent Lion King :lol:

But still, I did enjoy it and just the fact that they were parrots was a whole lot of fun. It's amazing how much expression and emotion they can give them. I really liked the opening sequence too. Was a fun movie :)

Revo
April 21st, 2011, 09:51 AM
I saw it aswell.

The animation was great, especially the the city setting was done gorgeously and it struck me as the most positive thing in the movie. The opening sequence was awesome, and had the best music of the movie in my opinion. None of the other music was bad either.
I felt that all of the characters were, although fun and relatable, somewhat forgettable. The best jokes had already been given out in the trailers, and the 2 main love interests in the story both felt forced and unnatural to me. The transition between "I hate you" to "I like you" was way too quick and arbitrary to make me really believe it. But if you can suspend your disbelief on that one, then it's a perfectly fine love story with some great moments. And the ending was sweet too, as mushy as it was. All in all, I thought it was very good for what it is, but just doesn't make it to "great", which I think it had the potential for.

Oh and the humans might just as well not exist in this movie (apart from the very beginning). They're pretty boring, and just keep you from watching all the fun animal action. :p

King Simba
April 22nd, 2011, 07:58 PM
So, who's seen it? It came out here on the 7th I think, which was earlier than the U.S release.. which confused me... :confused:
It confused me too. Apparently it came out here on the 8th of April, which was a week earlier than the US release. :confused: But yay... we get movies earlier for once! :lol:

I saw it on Tuesday with Leor. It was a really fun and hilarious movie, and lived up to my expectations. We didn't see it in 3D as we were quite short on money, but still it was awesome even in 2D. Besides, once it's released on DVD, then they're most likely won't be a 3D version unless you are lucky enough to have a 3D TV. :p

But yes, for those who haven't seen it... see it... NOW! :cheese:

Sharifu
April 28th, 2011, 06:12 PM
We saw Rio last night for my birthday. I liked it, I thought it was cute, probably just mainly because it's about animated movie about parrots. :p Although the beginning of the movie when Linda adopted Blu and it started showing their life together, growing up, it actually made me kind of sad because I grew up raising cockatoos and now that I don't have a cockatoo anymore, it makes me sad that I am missing a bird in my life and just makes me miss Honey. (My last cockatoo we owned) Of course I can go visit her but I haven't in a long time which makes me feel really bad. Maybe I can try to go visit her next week...

Anyways, about the movie, I did enjoy it... Although I wish the villain was another kind of bird then a cockatoo... :lol: Blu was a cutie. :love:

King Simba
April 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
We saw Leo last night for my birthday.
Leo? Don't you mean Rio? :lol: The last time I checked Rio wasn't about lions. :p

Sharifu
April 28th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Leo? Don't you mean Rio? :lol: The last time I checked Rio wasn't about lions. :p

:lol: What the heck, why did I type Leo? Edited the post now. Haha. Hey, this is off topic but don't you guys want to play Mario Kart again today...? :p I don't see you guys on MSN right now.

King Simba
April 28th, 2011, 06:41 PM
:lol: What the heck, why did I type Leo? Edited the post now. Haha. Hey, this is off topic but don't you guys want to play Mario Kart again today...? :p I don't see you guys on MSN right now.
:lol: Maybe because they rhyme to some extent, I'm not sure.

About playing Mario Kart, sure, we'd love to. :)