PDA

View Full Version : An idea on peace

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Hear this out before you post your opinion. If we (and I don't mean just this website) were able to convey our thoughts to one another on a grander scale, meaning we are able to show people why we think this way, and let them feel how this makes us feel, then we can attain world peace.

Juniper
May 18th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Peace can't be attained with hate in existence. Everyone hates someone, even you and I do. Therefore, don't count on peace.

I think we'll have peace one day, unfortunately everyone will be dead.

Sombolia
May 18th, 2005, 12:04 AM
^ XD

But (and I'm replying to Phantom here), if you told someone why you disliked them, wouldn't you still dislike them? :thinks: I would, but I'm stupid so :p

unregistered user
May 18th, 2005, 12:23 AM
The only way I see peace is either

1) what pntbll said :E

or

2) Some bad aliens arrive and we unite against them....yeah...right :E

LunarCat
May 18th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Peace, my opinion, a state of mind.

Juniper
May 18th, 2005, 01:33 AM
Well, hey, if someone has access to some nukes, we can hasten world peace.

*Disclaimer to FBI* The previous suggestion was in good humor and is not actually meant to formulate some kind of attack on any nation. Also, from that satellite you're watching me with, does this shirt make me look fat? I don't think it does, I mean, it's black and pretty slim fit, but I dunno, I guess it's always good to have a second opinion

Sombolia
May 18th, 2005, 01:36 AM
^ :lol: :lol: :p

unregistered user
May 18th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Perhaps world peace was a little too far, but, the idea is, if two enimies find out why the other one dislikes them, they can work together to nuetralize the problem, ofcourse, both people would have to be willing to work.

Vidan
May 18th, 2005, 02:20 AM
I don't like being a pessimist, but as long as people have free will, they'll go after their various desires in such a way that not everyone's actions will be mutually agreeable, so a universal peace cannot be sustained. Take away the world people's ability to exercise free will and you'll have mass resentment, and any semblance of peace that can exist in this environment will disintegrate as soon as people act to regain their freedoms.

unregistered user
May 18th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Boos
The only way I see peace is either

1) what pntbll said :E

or

2) Some bad aliens arrive and we unite against them....yeah...right :E

"Yes, Bartender... I'll have what he's having... With a side-order of peace; make that a double, because just like everything else, it comes and goes... Lacking permanency." - Sonique

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 18th, 2005, 02:52 PM
I'm sure peas are possible, just go down the supermarket and...oh you said peace...

Yeah the only way that's gonna happen is if there is no life on the planet - even lions fight!

If there was only one person on each planet then that planet would have peace, but then they'd get jealous of ones with bigger planets and start wars against each other...this isn't really gonna work is it?
:p

King Simba
May 18th, 2005, 03:28 PM
A lot of people used to show hate towards me the previous 3 years at school. It doesn't happen that much now which is good. A lot of people don't really hate me anymore or they at least don't show the hate they used to show towards me.

I can't really see World Peace happening either to be honest... :(

unregistered user
May 18th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
It's better to concentrate on the good though,

That's a good inclination... ;)

unregistered user
May 18th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Lunarcat
Peace, my opinion, a state of mind.
w00t
change the way we think :D:cheese:

LunarCat
May 18th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by pntbll248

*Disclaimer to FBI* The previous suggestion was in good humor and is not actually meant to formulate some kind of attack on any nation. Also, from that satellite you're watching me with, does this shirt make me look fat? I don't think it does, I mean, it's black and pretty slim fit, but I dunno, I guess it's always good to have a second opinion

No it doesn't, black is very slimming...;)

Oo

*cough*

oO

back on topic!:D :cheese:

unregistered user
May 18th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Let me just remind everybody, what I said about showing ideas to one another is 100% impossible, you can't put your exact thought in someone else's brain, if that were possible, then, we would be closer to attaining peace, I'm not saying it's garented, but it would bring us much closer, if we understood why someone gets mad at this, and that person understands why we get mad at that. Does anybody see where I'm going with this?

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 18th, 2005, 09:47 PM
It was a nice idea Phantom, but I don't think it really got going...instead it turned into another fun discussion about how useless the human race is and how everyone should have been born a lion...
:diva:
They're so cool...
:D

unregistered user
May 19th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
It was a nice idea Phantom, but I don't think it really got going...instead it turned into another fun discussion about how useless the human race is and how everyone should have been born a lion...
:diva:
They're so cool...
:D

Err....it sounds like I really messed up.....

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 19th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Hey, don't worry about it, it's a message board, things never stay on topic for very long!

Just be pleased that you brought philosophical debate to a small corner of the internet for a while...
=D

unregistered user
May 19th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Hey, don't worry about it, it's a message board, things never stay on topic for very long!

Just be pleased that you brought philosophical debate to a small corner of the internet for a while...
=D

No, you misunderstood me, I meant the part about the human race. It shouldn't be looked down upon, even if it has had a few messups every now and then.

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 19th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Ahh sorry 'bout the misunderstanding...

Yeah I gave up on humanity a long time ago. Just try to enjoy your own little corner of the universe and don't let the rest of it get you down too much!

Hopefully one day I'll become rich and be able to help those less fortunate than myself...or I could just egg the houses of those more fortunate than myself until they give money to charity...
:jejeje:

Then I can spend my life saving big cats in Africa...then become adopted by a Cheetah and live out my days trying to keep up with my brothers...ahh it's all planned out...
:hmm:

unregistered user
May 19th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Ahh sorry 'bout the misunderstanding...

Yeah I gave up on humanity a long time ago. Just try to enjoy your own little corner of the universe and don't let the rest of it get you down too much!

Hopefully one day I'll become rich and be able to help those less fortunate than myself...or I could just egg the houses of those more fortunate than myself until they give money to charity...
:jejeje:

Then I can spend my life saving big cats in Africa...then become adopted by a Cheetah and live out my days trying to keep up with my brothers...ahh it's all planned out...
:hmm:

No problem.

Sombolia
May 19th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Let me just remind everybody, what I said about showing ideas to one another is 100% impossible, you can't put your exact thought in someone else's brain, if that were possible, then, we would be closer to attaining peace

Well, they say Sony is working on a device that transfers info directly to a person's brain.. ;) :nukasm: :nukawha:

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 19th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Ahhh! I think they've already got it working!

I can feel all my thoughts slipping away...all clever...ness...type..stuff...gone.
:ayecapn:

Oh...wait...or is that just because its 2am...?

unregistered user
May 19th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Ahhh! I think they've already got it working!

I can feel all my thoughts slipping away...all clever...ness...type..stuff...gone.
:ayecapn:

Oh...wait...or is that just because its 2am...?

Wow, only 8pm where I am, I sometimes forget we're all in different timezones.

Sombolia
May 19th, 2005, 12:58 AM
"Yes, W-Eyed-Wanderer! Go forth, see Triple X: State of the Union! Buy a PSP! Woooooooooo-oooo!!"

*cough*

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 19th, 2005, 01:06 AM
MUST...BUY...PSP...

I...LOVE...TRIPLE...X....

BILL...GATES...SMELLS...