Mizani
May 17th, 2005, 09:50 AM
I just got my English test back from my Teacher. I got an A+:cheese:
Anyone else like tp share some of their past or recent test scores? :uhno:

NOTE: If you don't wanna say thats fine:browlift:

la_reina
May 17th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Yaay for you! :D

Exams, exams, exams...that's all I ever hear and see nowadays...it's really frustrating.

Mizani
May 17th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Thank you:cheese:
Yeah, my bros got exams. I don't have any though:evilgrin:

Lion King Stu
May 17th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I got exams coming up soon.....:(

I got aload of Distinction marks for my Business Studies courework...which is top marks in other words so thats kool :cheese:

SimbaLKD
May 17th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Well I'm all done with school untill I go back to college next term... but in high school I graduated with high honors ( > 3.8GPA) ... so Im expected to do the same in college!!

Congrats on the A+ Mizani.. and i feel sorry for those who have exams comming :P!!

la_reina
May 17th, 2005, 11:02 AM
That's a pretty high GPA, SimbaLKD. I'm afraid of finding out what mine is...

King Simba
May 17th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I still need to get my results back from past exams that I did earlier this year. :hmm:

Anyways, congrats on the A+ Mizani. I have exams next week and an ICT KS exam tomorrow. :grrr:

Iestyn
May 17th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Nope, I have no intention of telling you my recent grades. But an A+ is very good, they're common for STL though ;)

la_reina
May 17th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I just mailed an algebra exam to my school yesterday and am now hoping and praying I'll get nothing below an A-.

SimbaLKD
May 17th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by la_reina
That's a pretty high GPA, SimbaLKD. I'm afraid of finding out what mine is...

Yeah, and its only as a result of thsoe balsted AP and Honors classes.. I one once got a semester with a 4.0...

I hope yours is good... good GPA = good college options!! (unless you decided to be lazy and stupid like me, you end up paying for it later, and resorting to community college ... ikkk...)

:ayecapn:
Everyone keep up the good work in school... soon I will be able to complain about exams right along side ya'll!!

Mizani
May 17th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Looks like y'all have lots of exams:eek:
Heres some messages for some of you:

LKS: I heard alot of people do Business Studies. Congrats on dat anyway.
:D
SimbaLKD: High honors? wow cool =D
King Simba/La_ Reiner: Hope you do well in your exams that apararently are all la_reiners been hearing:lol:

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 11:32 AM
haha me just finish exam :p

la_reina
May 17th, 2005, 12:17 PM
What was your score, Zack?

TakaTiger
May 17th, 2005, 12:44 PM
i just got a math test back.... got a 30% on it... :D w00!

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by SimbaLKD
I hope yours is good... good GPA = good college options!! (unless you decided to be lazy and stupid like me, you end up paying for it later, and resorting to community college ... ikkk...)

Hey, now! There's nothing wrong with a community college. Furthermore, you're hardly el stupido. *bites LKD on teh foot*

:p :evilgrin: :D

Xinithian
May 17th, 2005, 02:33 PM
I'm shooting for a 4.0, because I take "honors english" which is basically the same thing as the other english class but with just a few more projects. But it gets you a 5 instead of a 4 for an A, which really helps. So, I can get one b but still get a 4.0 because of that.

SimbaLKD
May 17th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Exactly why I was able to get a 3.8 ... love that 5 point GPA scale dont ya Xinithian! :P

King Simba
May 17th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Awesome STL, 96%? That's high... :cheese:
I'm hoping to find out my maths results sometime in the next few weeks along with my geography and other subjects.

lionloversam
May 17th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I never heard of a 5 point GPA. At my college it only goes up to four. After my first semester I had a 2.8 gpa. I just finished my second.

Amaryllis
May 17th, 2005, 06:10 PM
well i just had my report back and i got for 6 classes 1 point higher *ish very happy!!!!!!!!*
and for one class i got 2 points higher :D:D
so i am veeeeeeeery extremely super mega pleased with that C=

SimbaLKD
May 17th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by lionloversam
I never heard of a 5 point GPA. At my college it only goes up to four. After my first semester I had a 2.8 gpa. I just finished my second.

In college it will always be 4 point scale ;)

la_reina
May 17th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by TakaTiger
i just got a math test back.... got a 30% on it... :D w00!

Where do you live, Takatiger? In the American
schooling systems, a 30% is very, very low:gasp: I'm thinking you must live somewhere else, lol, 'cause you can't be happy about getting that on a math exam.

BTW, I received my grammar final and scored a 90%!! Wooohooo!:lol::D :D

Juniper
May 17th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I have a 4.21 GPA right now

Weighted classes rock.

Nephilim
May 17th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I finish school tomorrow.

Hahaha. Oh, and what's GPA? Crazy Americans...

Lion King Stu
May 17th, 2005, 07:26 PM
:lol: u finish tommoz hahaha I finished Friday :p...yesterday which was day one of Study leave spent the day with six mates at Thorpe park mwahaaa :evilgrin: great revision I say ;)

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim

Hahaha. Oh, and what's GPA? Crazy Americans...

Something to do with toast... or that biting beaver... OK -- BYE! *jumps out the window* XD

:D

Nephilim
May 17th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
:lol: u finish tommoz hahaha I finished Friday :p...yesterday which was day one of Study leave spent the day with six mates at Thorpe park mwahaaa :evilgrin: great revision I say ;)

Yeah, well... *thwacks*!

Oh, and Thorpe Park is great. I've gotta get myself down there sometime in the summer.

King Simba
May 17th, 2005, 07:31 PM
No study leave for me this year, study leave for me next year.
My sister is on study leave from next week I think. :hmm:

Lion King Stu
May 17th, 2005, 07:32 PM
*is thwacked* :confused: god damn u pwning me :tears:

Yesh we totatly destroyed....and drenched yesterday...shame RUSH isn't opened yet...I've seen it though...looks teh sex I tell ya :cheese:

Anyway srry for going off topic :p

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 07:37 PM
*is thwacked* :confused: god damn u pwning me :tears:

*puts a 3 meter Band-Aid on LKS* There, much better...

:lol: :cheese: :D

Nephilim
May 17th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
GPA = Grade Point Average =D ...

It usually goes up to 4.0, and I gather that the higher the score, the better =) ... if you get 4.0, you're doing very well =D ...

Ah right, similar to our Sixth Form requirments then. To get into our SF, you need an average of at least 5.6.

Lion King Stu
May 17th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by SoniqueX
*puts a 3 meter Band-Aid on LKS* There, much better...

:lol: :cheese: :D

woot!! walking band-aid lion :cheese:

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 07:45 PM
woot!! walking band-aid lion :cheese:

Hmm... if you wrap it around your head, you might be able to do about 106 revolutions. And if you can't make that many, do it over until you can... *weeeeeee* XD

:evilgrin: :lol:

GO FOR IT :D :D :D !!!

Lion King Stu
May 17th, 2005, 09:37 PM
yeah in england its down to wat grades ya get like 5 C's or more...dosn't matter now since wat ever u get you can still get into sixth form anyway via a interview with the sixth form year head.

And Sonique maybe u should try it first just to be safe dude ;)

Sombolia
May 17th, 2005, 11:30 PM
I'm getting good grades in all my classes, except one.. which I'm getting a D in. I've been getting good scores lately though, so I'm fairly confident I can raise that grade to a B by year's end :p

Prince Simba
May 18th, 2005, 12:11 AM
I've got exams next week. I'm really scared because I'm not so sure about my math exam... geometry is not easy... proofs, postulates, theorems, properties, and definitions. :yuck:

right now, I have a 4.1, but last semester I got away with a 4.4... don't think it's gonna happen this semester though. I'm aiming to get an A in biology.

:hmm:

Alli
May 18th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Hmmm, i always have a 3.5 G.P.A or higher...And as far as good tests, in seventh grade i got the highest test score out of the whole grade because i got a 100% on it and i got a 25 pt extra credit. My teach has this tree stump and you had to guess how old it was, so i went in after class once and counted them lol.

Juniper
May 18th, 2005, 12:21 AM
GPA actually goes a bit beyond a 4.0. AP classes are usually weighted because they're harder classes and you get a 5.0 to average into your GPA if you get an A, a 4.0 for a B, a 3.0 for a C, etc... If you take enough AP courses, you can get up to a 4.5 or something. A+'s in a normal class are worth 4.33. That's supposed to be the standard on the East coast, I assume it's the same on the West coast?

GPA's define your worth as a human being in today's society </cynical> :p

Prince Simba
May 18th, 2005, 04:20 AM
^ yeah, it's the same. here in AZ, honors is weighted as well as AP. and IIRC, when i'm a senior, if i take the right classes, i can possibly graduate with a 5.0 (if i take the afternoons off to work, etc :p )

SimbaLKD
May 19th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Prince Simba
^ yeah, it's the same. here in AZ, honors is weighted as well as AP. and IIRC, when i'm a senior, if i take the right classes, i can possibly graduate with a 5.0 (if i take the afternoons off to work, etc :p )

Well i dont think its possible to graduate with a 5.0GPA, perhaps as an acedimic GPA (being minus the electives) since electives, and not all acedemic classes have AP or Honors options.. Not to mention, you would need to get a A in every class all for years...

BTW, anything over a 4.0 when you graduate would make you a considered valedictorian now-a-days.. however, I thought there was only supposed to be 1 (the person with the higest GPA)... blah.. school is boring anyway (even to talk about)

besides, mes skooll teached I perfecct englminish... yes-siirr!

A-non-a-mus
May 19th, 2005, 11:25 PM
I graduated with a 4.5 GPA...

but yeah, I agree, school is rather boring to talk about.....

SimbaLKD
May 19th, 2005, 11:29 PM
*cheers Anonamus*! thats damn good!! Got a full ride someplace then eh? :D

A-non-a-mus
May 19th, 2005, 11:32 PM
a full ride?... all I got was three years off school... :lol: ...

Endra
May 19th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I'm now on homeschooling so I don't get final exams! *weeeeee!*

They just give me a grade :D

lionloversam
May 20th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Aziri
I'm now on homeschooling so I don't get final exams! *weeeeee!*

They just give me a grade :D

I was homeschooled 2nd - 10th grade. Then I took a GED prep course at a local college and my GED instead of doing the last two years of school.
I passed it the first time scoring highest in science. But homeschooling was great. I took my GED just because I was 18 at the time and wanted to be finnished with grade school. I am now attending college and going for a two year degree in biology.

Simba_TLK
May 20th, 2005, 09:42 AM
my exams are coming up in 3-4weeks :gasp:
i think ill do ok in them ;), i hope :p

the only exam mark so far, is a Geography Exam a few weeks ago, and i got 92% for that :cheese:

Mizani
May 20th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Wow! 92%. not bad:cheese:
I got the second highest mark in my class for science and I didn't even study for it:hehe:

Lucy Lioness
May 20th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Thats ok! I hardly studied for my GCSEs and my A Levels, and I got all my predicted grades. Lucky me, hehe.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/lucylioness/KiaraEmbarrassed.gif

King Simba
May 20th, 2005, 10:04 AM
I have an exam on Tuesday. :grrr: It's a real GCSE Science exam in all 3 subjects; Chemistry, Physics and Biology.

The good thing is that I reached my target grade for science. :bleen:

Nephilim
May 20th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by King Simba
I have an exam on Tuesday. :grrr: It's a real GCSE Science exam in all 3 subjects; Chemistry, Physics and Biology.

Damn sciene. The module's are all really easy, because it's multiple choice. I didn't revise and got As in all three.

I kinda didn't do the coursework either, but I only need 43% on the final exam to pass.

Lion King Stu
May 20th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah Neph the exam for science is easy and my coursework sucked and I got a double C for it last year :cheese: and if you don't pass it you can no longer pwn me as a punishment :p

King Simba
May 20th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Damn sciene. The module's are all really easy, because it's multiple choice. I didn't revise and got As in all three.

I kinda didn't do the coursework either, but I only need 43% on the final exam to pass.
Yeah, all the exams we do are usually multiple choice although in some exams there's a few written questions too.

Anyways, I got my results back from my mock english exam I did the other day and I got a C. Kinda average I guess but not too bad.

Mizani
May 22nd, 2005, 04:36 AM
Ugh, I had to do this creepy science test that all aussie kids had to do. It was horrid:gasp:

Azerane
May 22nd, 2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
GPA = Grade Point Average =D ...

It usually goes up to 4.0, and I gather that the higher the score, the better =) ... if you get 4.0, you're doing very well =D ...

Still doesn't make much sense to me, been trying to work it out but meh, it's all too hard.

Some of my maths tests last year including my exams went really bad, wait.... I'll rephrase that. Most of my maths tests last year including my exams went really bad, hehe. I don't really care though. I failed most of them but somehow, don't ask me how I managed to pass maths. How amusing. I had a tough year for all my subjects wasn't jsut school stuff that made it hard but I'm not gonna go into it. Anyway... there are some really smart people here, hehe. I could never hope to get 92 or 96% for a test of any kind. But I guess I've finished school and made it into my uni course so I don't really care what grades I got in school anymore, all I needed was a certain TER and I got it. By the way, a TER is a Tertiary Entrance Score for all you non-Aussies ;) It determines what Uni courses you can and can't get into, if your score is lower than the required entrance score then you most likely won't get in unless they don't have many applicants for that course. Sometimes they make exceptions but 9 times outta 10 if your score isn't high enough you won't get in.

Kintaru
May 22nd, 2005, 04:08 PM
GPA's can be hard to understand because there really isn't any standard for them, and some schools use a different scale then others. Anyways, I'll try to explain how most of them work.

There's usally a cutoff grade. For example I'll use my highscool's, which is a 90.

Anything 90 or above gets full credit, aka a 4.0 GPA But there's usually a set number used for each drop, 3, 2, etc. My school uses 10 for simplicity.

So a 3.0 is an 80, 2.0 is a 70, etc. It's not a complicated system really. So an 85 would be a 3.5, 79 a 2.9, etc.

Okay, the numbers are making my head hurt.:cheese:

Monai
May 22nd, 2005, 05:00 PM
Hmm, apparently I got a level 6a on my last maths test. :p XD

King Simba
May 23rd, 2005, 04:51 PM
I got my results back for my Geography mock exam today. I got a C on the Foundation paper, that's the highest you could get so I'm happy. At least I didn't get an E like some members of the class. :p ;)

unregistered user
May 23rd, 2005, 04:53 PM
I just got outta Math for this year with a D-. Ya....it's the same every year. Teachers don't want to sit down with me, and once, ion a test, I did a problem without solving it out, and they gave me an F because they said that if they themself couldn't figure it out without solving it, neither could I....tit barmitzva's.

unregistered user
May 23rd, 2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by King Simba
I got my results back for my Geography mock exam today. I got a C on the Foundation paper, that's the highest you could get so I'm happy. At least I didn't get an E like some members of the class. :p ;)

I've never seen the Grade E before....yer system different den duh Genies?

Lion King Stu
May 23rd, 2005, 05:03 PM
Never got a E thank god I got D's and above grades :cheese:

King Simba
May 23rd, 2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I've never got an E before...don't really want one to be honest.

unregistered user
May 23rd, 2005, 05:05 PM
LOL! I understand....hahaha

Whitewolf
May 24th, 2005, 03:45 AM
I was aiming for a 4.2 GPA out of 4.5 and i finally got one hahahahahahahhahaha now the :horror: of holding that GPA

Azerane
May 24th, 2005, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Kintaru
GPA's can be hard to understand because there really isn't any standard for them, and some schools use a different scale then others. Anyways, I'll try to explain how most of them work.

There's usally a cutoff grade. For example I'll use my highscool's, which is a 90.

Anything 90 or above gets full credit, aka a 4.0 GPA But there's usually a set number used for each drop, 3, 2, etc. My school uses 10 for simplicity.

So a 3.0 is an 80, 2.0 is a 70, etc. It's not a complicated system really. So an 85 would be a 3.5, 79 a 2.9, etc.

Okay, the numbers are making my head hurt.:cheese:

:eww:Err... right! I'll just pretend I understood that! ;) :D

Whitewolf
May 24th, 2005, 03:57 AM
lol yea GPA are very annoying... odd thing is it very easy to lose your GPA but it very hard to get it back where it is

Sadiki
May 24th, 2005, 11:49 PM
hmmm... recent test scores... I didn't go school and get them back, I probably never will get to know how well I did on those because I was sitting in the plain and heading to California in the time I was suppoust to get my exams back. not that I care tho ;)

unregistered user
May 24th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Speaking of grades......this kid once at school got an F-, and he got ticked....so he like...lit the library on fire, and I kept sitting in the library reading a book while the cops ran in and tried to get him. I think he burned like...half the building down eventually........PRAISE BE!!!!! That building needed to be knocked a few clocks.

unregistered user
May 25th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Well... I applied for my FCE (First Certificate of English) and got a C... it's good enough, but not satisfactory.

Mizani
May 25th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Utora
Speaking of grades......this kid once at school got an F-, and he got ticked....so he like...lit the library on fire, and I kept sitting in the library reading a book while the cops ran in and tried to get him. I think he burned like...half the building down eventually........PRAISE BE!!!!! That building needed to be knocked a few clocks.

Whoa! thats like weird:confused: I'd never do anything like that...
or would I?:lol:jk :lol: of course I wouldn't=D

Azerane
May 25th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Aahhh... but how do we know that you really wouldn't? *shifty eyes* :p

Mizani
May 25th, 2005, 09:07 AM
You will never no:uhno:
MU HA HA HA HA! :p

Azerane
May 25th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Eeeep! :hehe: ...the scary lioness is gonna eat me! :eek:

Mizani
May 25th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Hey I thought this was about burning down the library.:uhno:
Not that I would. *whistles*

Azerane
May 25th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Ah-hah! Got ya caught out there! ;) I knew it... all along. :evilgrin: :D

Mizani
May 25th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Ah you got me:uhno:
and now I will go and...
BURN DOWN MY SCHOOLS LIBRARY, if it wasn't closed.

Nalinda
May 25th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I got to knew yesterday Im going to get an A in English :D Also many other A's I will get ;)

King Simba
May 25th, 2005, 02:48 PM
I received a letter through the post the other week about reaching my target level for science which was past a D. Good to know I reached my target, there was no moving down sets for me either. :cheese:

Nalinda
May 25th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Great KS! :D

Hahaha.. how embarresing for me.. ( I cant spell it) "I got to knew" I mean I got to know :p
A dumb swedish teacher told me I was going to get the next highest grade this term.. (I got the highest grade last year) And thats just because I told him he was wrong.. What the heck of a teacher is that? He is very dumb and retarded. You'll belive me if you've seen him .. :p annoying monkey.
Well I got many A's now :D So proud =D

unregistered user
May 25th, 2005, 04:59 PM
LOL!!!!...keep tellin him he's wrong!!!! jk

la_reina
June 30th, 2005, 11:38 AM
I wonder if anyone would care if I posted my latest grades :thinks:
Well, I passed my final Consumer Skills exam with a 100% (and boy was I surprised)
And two algebra exams, one with an 84% and the other with 80% :D:D

Mizani
June 30th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Congrats on the good scores Reina:D
Yea, schools been treating me well lately. I got a few A's and a supprising A+ on my maths test,

la_reina
June 30th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks, Miz:D
Now I'm just waiting for my certificate for completing consumer skills, which also has my average grade. I'm nervous about that...:cringe:

Mizani
June 30th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Don't be nervous, I'm sure everything will be fine:D

King Simba
June 30th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Those are good scores, Reina. :o

Anyways, I just received my report today from school. My parents haven't read it yet though.

moonibear
June 30th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I'm supposed to be doing a math and algebra exam tomorrow...*bites nails* and I'm not too confident about them either...:woeisme:

lion_roog
June 30th, 2005, 09:59 PM
I didn't do that well this last quarter (3rd Quarter). I got a "C" in College Algebra 2 and a "C" in Windows XP Desktop and Operating Systems. But I did get an "A" in Computer Programming in a GUI Inviroment....:D

Lucy Lioness
June 30th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Yay Roog!

I don't get my exam results for another few weeks, the end of July I think. :confused: I'm really worried because a couple of exams didn't go too well. One was a total disaster actually. I can only hope it isn't as bad as I think. I need to pass these exams to get into my second year, so fingers crossed!!!

Xinithian
June 30th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Final exams suck, they brought my grades down from all a's to some b's. I would've had a 4.0 if it had not been for finals. I dont know what I have yet, i get the report card tomorrow :(

la_reina
June 30th, 2005, 11:53 PM
A 4.0?! I'm sure you didn't do bad at all, Xin:D

lion_roog
June 30th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Final exams suck, they brought my grades down from all a's to some b's. I would've had a 4.0 if it had not been for finals. I dont know what I have yet, i get the report card tomorrow :(

Not bad...I graduated High School with a 3.56 GPA...Pretty good for someone who skipped class a fourth of the time...:D

Hanshilo
July 1st, 2005, 06:10 PM
I got an F for maths XD
And i got a C for english
and a D for science.
And i was off for the rest of the week so i didn't get any more, but thesae were only mocks not the important exams :P:cheese:

Xinithian
July 1st, 2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by la_reina
A 4.0?! I'm sure you didn't do bad at all, Xin:D I meant I WOULD'VE gotten a 4.0. Unfortunately, biology was at a low b before the finals, so I might've gotten a C (which would bring it down to a 3.81). Then, if I got a b in spanish (which I know i did), it would drop it down to my academic block: a 3.71 (I have NEVER gotten above a 3.71).

la_reina
July 2nd, 2005, 01:10 PM
But that's STILL really good :D

Xinithian
July 5th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I did worse than I thought... 3.63. I would've gotten a 3.81 or something if it had not been for the finals. Plus, I got a C (79) in biology.