PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Recipe

lionloversam
May 17th, 2005, 12:39 AM
We had threads like 'whats your favourite snack', but how about your favourite recipe. The one food/meal that you just enjoy preparing and the recipe you use.

Azerane
May 17th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Hmmm... favourite recipe, that's kinda tricky, something I enjoy making... I definetly enjoy making any sort of biscut or chocolatey cake because the mixture is always so nice.... mmm... :D hehe, I think Melting Moments are my favourite thing to make and then afterwards they taste sooo good. *drools* For those who don't know what they are it's two really yummy biscuts (or cookies for others of you :p) stuck together with lemony flavoured icing stuff... they're my all time favourite biscut. Although we rarely ever have them, hmmm.. I must make some.

EDIT: *has no idea where the recipe is:p*

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 17th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Egg noodles and vegetarian sausages!

You just chuck 'em both in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes and then add cheese. It tastes great though I must admit I only really eat it at about 2am when I may be under the influence of alkeehol...

I also like constructing huge triple decker sandwiches...if you're gonna bother to make a sandwich might as well make it worthwhile!
:D

TakaTiger
May 17th, 2005, 12:45 PM
just about anything pasta like

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 17th, 2005, 12:48 PM
P.S....Yeah pasta's great too!
:lol: :p

King Simba
May 17th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Cookies, biscuits, making pizza etc. Not much I really do really... never really had chance to get my hands on the cooking. :p :lol:

Oh yeah, I also enjoy making sandwiches. I very rarely get to make my own though. :grrr: :bleen:

lionloversam
May 17th, 2005, 01:11 PM
I like making almost anything thats not really difficult. Here is one of my favourites:
Hungarian Goulash

1 ? pounds ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
? cup flour
1 tablespoon paprika
28 ounce can of tomatoes (crushed, diced, or chopped)
Olive oil
1 pound macaroni

1. Brown meat in some olive oil in a large pot.
2. Add the garlic and onion. Add more olive oil if necessary.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the meat mixture and mix well.
4. Then add the tomatoes and paprika.
5. Put over low heat and cover, stirring occasionally.
6. Cook macaroni as directed on the package.
7. After straining macaroni, add to meat mixture, mix well, and remove from heat.

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Hmm... mine's the Pepperoni Burrito. Same as your standard burrito, just add pepperoni. (substitute the ground beef or whatever meat you'd normally have on it...)

:p

"Mmm... very delicious." :lol: ;)

lionloversam
May 17th, 2005, 03:21 PM
That sounds good, SoniqueX.

nathalie
May 17th, 2005, 03:24 PM
My favorite recipe is chicken - curry with rice :D

And also self-made rice.
* bacon
* hamm
* scrammbeld egg
* meat

It maybe doesn't sound very tasty, but it's *mmmmmmmmmmmm* lol

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Curry powder is so damn good, especially as an additive to rice. ;)

nathalie
May 17th, 2005, 05:04 PM
We got curry powder from the brand "Knor". That is just the best :D

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 05:14 PM
My friend from East India got me hooked on curry powder, and their foods, most of them are very hot.

:lol:

Curry powder is quite costly. Is it a large expenditure over there, Nathalie?

nathalie
May 17th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Well, 1 package for (I believe) 250 ml (milk), cost 78 ?cents, I believe.

But there are so many different brands and all, and some don't even taste that good :eww:

I don't mind spicey food, the hotter the better :D

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by nathalie

Oh, my! OO* I'm assuming you have adequate amount of antacids...

:hehe: :cheese:

Milk too -- is also a great idea to have around when eating such foods. :lol:

(...and a lead digestive system) XD

nathalie
May 17th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Well, actually, I'm not aloud to eat spicey food anymore ... but I never seem to remember that, when it comes to the point when we are ordering Chinese *lol*

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Well, actually, I'm not aloud to eat spicey food anymore ... but I never seem to remember that, when it comes to the point when we are ordering Chinese *lol*

Let me guess... the Phoenix Platter or the Hot and Spicy Hunan Chicken. Both a very hot & delectable choice.

:nukawha: :knowdees: :D

la_reina
May 17th, 2005, 06:46 PM
I love pasta! :D I was so happy when I finally learned how to make spaghetti.:D I also love breads, and rice. Lots of rice:D:D:D

nathalie
May 18th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by SoniqueX
Let me guess... the Phoenix Platter or the Hot and Spicy Hunan Chicken. Both a very hot & delectable choice.

:nukawha: :knowdees: :D

No, just chicken curry, but it's very hot, where we order it *yummm*

lionloversam
May 18th, 2005, 11:35 PM
The spicier the better!!! I drink tabasco pepper sauce by the spoonful. My limit: three spoonfuls at a time.

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 18th, 2005, 11:46 PM
I've never been able to eat really spicy food...though I do like the taste of curry. So I just buy it pre-packaged from a supermarket 'cos they're never that spicy!

Dang nabbit I knew reading this thread would make me hungry...I'm gonna have to try and find something to eat now!
:metoo:

Kovster
May 19th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Hmmmm.. Portabella burger, with Swiss cheese on it.

I think i'll have one for dinner tonight, hehe

unregistered user
May 19th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Dah....I can barely master opening a chip bag.:cheese:

Sombolia
May 19th, 2005, 01:09 AM
^ XD

I really like pasta, I'm not too keen on spaghetti, though.. although I do know how to make it. =P

I like making pizza, cookies, etc.. anything with lots of dough. xD

Alli
May 19th, 2005, 03:14 AM
I like mashed potatoes :cool:

A-non-a-mus
May 19th, 2005, 11:19 PM

I agree! I even eat garlic in my cereals ;)

ever tried a habenero pepper? they much hotter than jalepenos and have a great flavor as well I might add.. :cheese:

Simba '04
May 20th, 2005, 02:53 AM
BROCCOLI AND RICE CASSEROLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheese:!!!