PDA

View Full Version : Art Theif!!!

Broken
May 15th, 2005, 05:06 PM
http://fs4.deviantart.com/i/2005/135/a/1/Onie_and_Tala1_by_Aliase.jpg

http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/JC/MufasaScar3.jpg

Look a bit simular? I thought so too. :die:

I am looking through this kid's 'work' and see what else they have stolen.

Here is the thief's gallery http://aliase.deviantart.com/

Broken
May 15th, 2005, 05:13 PM
OKay- Onie random is one of J.C.'s pics too. this person has also stole off of Tandi!
How can we stop this freak?

BlueStef
May 15th, 2005, 05:49 PM
OMG hate art theif !!!!!!!!!!!!!:grrr:
JC and Tandi and Tigon, Have you tell them Broken??
what we can do.......maybe ask the deviant art staf to black her acount??

why peaple steale pic, I'll never understand!!

LunarCat
May 15th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Tigon has already reported him ;) you can also report him, i will too

Dare
May 15th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Broken, while I'm sure people appreciate your sentiment, I don't recommend typing things like what you said on DevArt...it goes against the DevArt TOS (at least it was the last time I checked). I've heard of people being threatened with banishment for such actions, so that's something to consider...

same goes for anyone else who wants to post inflammatory remarks on DevArt...it's understandable why you may want to, but it's best to just let the authorities deal with it.

Broken
May 15th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Wicked
Broken, while I'm sure people appreciate your sentiment, I don't recommend typing things like what you said on DevArt...it goes against the DevArt TOS (at least it was the last time I checked). I've heard of people being threatened with banishment for such actions, so that's something to consider...

same goes for anyone else who wants to post inflammatory remarks on DevArt...it's understandable why you may want to, but it's best to just let the authorities deal with it.

I'm sorry I did not realize that. Nor did I realize DA had athority to take your pics without giving you credit, and the only way to get ouyt is being kicked out... so there is a small method behind it... I really don't like DA

King Simba
May 15th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Oh geez, not art theives. It's a good thing none of my work has been stolen (so far and as far as I know), people should start making their own work, not stealing art pieces and altering other people's work. :grrr: :die:

J.C, Tandi and Tigon are all awesome artists and usually the stolen work is usually stolen from the better artists...doesn't surprise me. :grrr:

Dare
May 15th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Broken
I'm sorry I did not realize that. Nor did I realize DA had athority to take your pics without giving you credit, and the only way to get ouyt is being kicked out... so there is a small method behind it... I really don't like DA

Hey, no worries. :) I just don't want you or anyone else getting banned from DevArt (with the exception of the art thief, of course)

Sombolia
May 15th, 2005, 09:29 PM
:lol: This guy makes me laugh..

http://www.deviantart.com/view/18313667/

Tell me that isn't badly edited out..

I mean, if your gonna steal you could do a heck of a better job! =P

I mean, he even used Tandi's name in the description of that pic XD

Mizani
May 15th, 2005, 11:55 PM
And just after Tandi got AOTM.....:alone:
I don't have time for art theives. I've already caught out someone stealing Akril and Amases art:grrr:

Broken
May 16th, 2005, 12:10 AM
He is saying to me it was his brother doing it. oh well. The dude is gone.

Vidan
May 16th, 2005, 01:39 AM
That's not even a clean alteration. :eek: Shameless.

Azerane
May 16th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by King Simba
Oh geez, not art theives. It's a good thing none of my work has been stolen (so far and as far as I know), people should start making their own work, not stealing art pieces and altering other people's work. :grrr: :die:

J.C, Tandi and Tigon are all awesome artists and usually the stolen work is usually stolen from the better artists...doesn't surprise me. :grrr:

I think you're very lucky to have not had art thieves KS, however I think this could be due to the fact that you have such a unique style, I mean, others do too but you're amazing colouring as well would make it really hard for someone to try and alter your pics. Keep it up! :D

Art thieves are silly, hehe, surely they've got to realise that by stealing art from such well known artists they're going to get caught because there's so many people who would recognise a piece of their work.

King Simba
May 16th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Azerane
I think you're very lucky to have not had art thieves KS, however I think this could be due to the fact that you have such a unique style, I mean, others do too but you're amazing colouring as well would make it really hard for someone to try and alter your pics. Keep it up! :D
Yeah, I guess. ;)
Half if not most of the art thieves usually steal work from past or current AotM's. No idea why the do, people are just gonna notice and take note whenever the do it anyways. It's not like it's gonna get em anywhere.

I read through some of the comments in the thiefs gallery and the thief is trying to make out that it's his own work. The original artists (Tigon is one of em) posted a link to her original piece and the thief is just saying that it's his own work.

Anyway, I've just checked the theifs gallery out again and the pics seem to have been removed. ;)

unregistered user
May 16th, 2005, 10:24 AM
:lol: art thief :p
thief just wastin their time :p
and yeah.. they not clever enough to fool people :p

Nephilim
May 16th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Picture #1 has a scar on Mufasa's nose. It's obviously original.

On the other hand, ever think it could be a troll?

Dare
May 16th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim

On the other hand, ever think it could be a troll?

Indeed...there are people who intentionally steal from well-known artists just to stir things up.

And where would the great drama machine be without people like that?
;)

Nephilim
May 17th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Wicked
Indeed...there are people who intentionally steal from well-known artists just to stir things up.

And where would the great drama machine be without people like that?
;)

We'd be lost, for without drama, there is no interwab!1!!!1

unregistered user
May 17th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
We'd be lost, for without drama, there is no interwab!1!!!1

Yep. Drama is goood! :evilgrin:

unregistered user
May 25th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Drama and Randomness!!! I'm more of a crazy thing, then a drama Genie.
Yet......DIE ART THEIF!!!!!!!!!![zaps and nukes Art theif's homesite] Mwuahahahahaha
...I just joined Deviantart as well for your randomn Genie here :lol:

Shadow
May 25th, 2005, 08:09 PM
i can make up a pic in like 5 sec

but then my drawing skills are limeted but i can work that up^^

unregistered user
May 25th, 2005, 08:24 PM
That picture I did back....in some thread...took me 5 hours to color because I don't know how to use JASC 9. Lucky Genie eh? XD