PDA

View Full Version : Rhythm of the Pridelands

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 12th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Sorry if theres been a previous topic about this album but...well I've not been around here long enough to see one so I'll start this one.

Ordered the Rhythm of the Pridelands CD yesterday, should have it next week sometime. I was just wondering how many of you have the album and what your thoughts on it are....

I've heard lots of good things about it anyway!

Also, a question for those that have it, is the version of 'He Lives In You' the same as the one that was used in SP or was that a new recording of the song?

:D

Darkslash
May 12th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Got it from a used music store, love it, has great Lebo M. songs on it, great drivin' music.

King Simba
May 12th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I burnt the music to a disc. The songs on the CD are awesome, I love all the Lebo M. songs on it too, especially TLST.

Btw, the HLiY track on the ROTPL CD is similar to the one used in SP apart from the longer verse. =)

nathalie
May 12th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
Sorry if theres been a previous topic about this album but...well I've not been around here long enough to see one so I'll start this one.

That's why every forum has a "search" button :D

I got mine, in a double CD. 2 cd's for the price of 1.
(the English soundtrack + RotPL)

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 12th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah yeah I knew about the search button but theres gazillions of threads on here, I'd have been on all night....anyway there hasn't been a thread about this for a while!
:p

It's quite interesting that Lebo M doesn't have any albums out other than the TLK soundtracks...a man with his talents you would have thought he'd be on his 5th album by now...
:lol:

Xinithian
May 12th, 2005, 11:01 PM
You could've downloaded it for free at www.pridelands.ru

Sombolia
May 12th, 2005, 11:42 PM
^ Isn't that illegal? :confused: I thought you could only download music like that for backup copies, but oh well.

Ngatuny
May 12th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Darkslash
Got it from a used music store, love it, has great Lebo M. songs on it, great drivin' music.

Ditto!:ayecapn: :D:cheese: Best TLK cd out there.

LunarCat
May 13th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
^ Isn't that illegal? :confused: I thought you could only download music like that for backup copies, but oh well.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............................:ay ecapn:

love the songs, great for relaxation :p

starionwolf
May 13th, 2005, 04:39 AM
I like the African music on the CD. :) The lyrics and instrumental sounds are really wonderful.

I have an Enhanced CD that I bought from the Apple Macintosh section of the store.

The Music and Data disc has a quicktime clip of Lebo M. and Jimmy Cliff singing Hakuna Matata. This is the same clip that is on The Lion King SE DVD.

Prince Simba
May 13th, 2005, 04:46 AM
I love that CD. My favorite tracks from it are Hakuna Matata, Kube, Lea Halalela (of course), Lala, Warthog Rhapsody (tickles me), and Noyana
There might be one more I can't think of. I listened to Busa waaay too much a long time ago, and now it just gets boring so I don't listen to it often. Most of the other songs just don't do it for me.

soulImbibe
May 13th, 2005, 05:22 AM
I really liked the album too, got it fall of last year. It was really amazing the first time I listened to it--the African music was very original. After (many) repeated listenings I still enjoy it but it doesn't hold quite the same magic it did originally.

Just out of curiousity, does anybody on this forum own "Mannheim Steamroller Meets the Mouse"? It's a DVD-Audio surround disc with some Disney remixes. Wondering if it would be worth my $.

King Simba
May 13th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Some of my songs are Hakuna Matata, Lala, One By One, Noyana, Busa and The Lion Sleeps Tonight. I like just about every track on there though.

Lion_King_300
May 13th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Yeah, it's a great CD. I love how they took a few of the songs off of ROTPL (Lala and Lea Halalela), created English lyrics for them and adapted them for the broadway musical... while still keeping the enchanting melodies. Very cool. I love every track on this CD with the exception of Warthog Rhapsody... just doesn't go well at all with anything else on the CD. :cringe:

The He Lives in You track on this CD is pretty much the same one as Return to Pride Rock (TLK II soundtrack). The one from the movie is about 2 minutes shorter and has a big chunk of the chorus taken out of the middle. Still makes for a great opening scene, IMO

:cheese:

lionloversam
May 13th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I bought it used off of e-bay a while back. It is a great cd. I like every song on it.

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 13th, 2005, 12:40 PM
That's the news I was hoping to hear! :D

I really like HLiY in SP and was hoping it was the same in RotPL. Now I just have to wait for delivery....like waiting for paint to dry...oy...
:metoo:

lionloversam
May 13th, 2005, 12:47 PM
I think acrylic paint dries fast.:cheese: :evilgrin:

Azerane
May 13th, 2005, 12:50 PM
I have it and I love it! I bought it in a double CD pack with the special edition soundtrack. I think the only song that I don't really like is Kube! *shudders* dunno why but for some reason that song just gets to me. But other than that the songs are awesome. They are jsut so powerful and the african rhythms and lyrics are just amazing! I love to listen to it while I draw/colour :D :cheese:

King Simba
May 13th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
That's the news I was hoping to hear! :D

I really like HLiY in SP and was hoping it was the same in RotPL. Now I just have to wait for delivery....like waiting for paint to dry...oy...
:metoo:
Yeah, it took a while for this other CD that I ordered over the net to come. It took around 2 weeks. :bleen: :grrr:

soulImbibe
May 13th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by King Simba
Yeah, it took a while for this other CD that I ordered over the net to come. It took around 2 weeks. :bleen: :grrr:

That's not all that bad. I've been waiting 6 weeks for a Deep Purple CD I ordered online. They shipped it just fine but the post office screwed up my mail forwarding, and nobody knows where it is now :hmm:

King Simba
May 13th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Yeah, some of my things that my mum ordered have gone missing in the post. :hmm:

nathalie
May 13th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Oh, don't even get me started about the Belgium post :grrr:

Sadiki
May 13th, 2005, 06:02 PM
I might get copy of it from Sharifu, but I do have most of songs and musics on my PC i would think...

Xinithian
May 13th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by SoulImbibe
That's not all that bad. I've been waiting 6 weeks for a Deep Purple CD I ordered online. They shipped it just fine but the post office screwed up my mail forwarding, and nobody knows where it is now :hmm: Off topic, but which Deep Purple cd?

soulImbibe
May 13th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Deep Purple - Machine Head

It was the UK Import Hybrid Super Audio CD.
Quite a mouthful there but basically the surround sound version.

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 19th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Just thought I'd mention that I got my ROtPL CD today and I'm listening to it for the first time right now....sounds good!

:D:cheese:

Roku
May 19th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Love every song.

Roku
May 19th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Azerane
I have it and I love it! I bought it in a double CD pack with the special edition soundtrack. I think the only song that I don't really like is Kube! *shudders* dunno why but for some reason that song just gets to me. But other than that the songs are awesome. They are jsut so powerful and the african rhythms and lyrics are just amazing! I love to listen to it while I draw/colour :D :cheese:
I listen when I draw, lol!

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 19th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Well I've had it all day now and listened through it about 6 times...it's every bit as good as I'd hoped!

Something very special about 'He Lives In You'.....That song just hits me.

IchLiebeNALA
May 19th, 2005, 09:27 PM
it had the same effect on me. i made mchoke up the first time i heard it on that CD (it didnt with the film version, wierd huh?) :thinks:

god knows what effect it will have on me tomorrow (last day of year 11) :tears:

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 19th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Ahh the last days of school before the holidays...how fun they were! Do you still get to bring in board games? Okay, so I'm not that old....
:lol:

The song still sends shivers down my spine when it breaks into that big crescendo chorus bit at the end...and now I've heard it loads of times!

I remember that when I first got the original soundtrack on CD (I'd had it on tape for years) and I listened to 'King Of Pride Rock' it brought a lump to my throat. But then that was always the bit of the film that made me cry anyway...

:fini:

IchLiebeNALA
May 20th, 2005, 04:46 PM
last day today :( :Ohno: :worried:
i gave them Rhythm of the Pridelands to play and He Lives in You almost set off about 10 people crying!

I have to admit, i nearly set me off too

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 20th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Aww well it's only the last day of one year, got a whole new year to enjoy now!

I'm not surprised about HLiY...it's such an amazing song it can touch people who aren't even interested in TLK...and those that are it hits like a brick....

unregistered user
May 21st, 2005, 01:29 AM
I totally agree, W-Eyed-Wanderer!

I used to listen to King of Pride Rock every night before I went to sleep and every morning before I did anything else! It was such a great song-it got me going and/or put a cap on the day. But, wow, it was around seven and a half minutes long, so it was just eating up too much of my time! :lol:

Azerane
May 22nd, 2005, 01:09 PM
Glad you liked the CD W-Eyed-Wanderer, it's so cool! :D :cheese: Have fun playing it to death! :p

The Sun King
May 22nd, 2005, 06:20 PM
Cheers for starting this thread! :cheese:

This CD contains "The Lion Sleep Tonight", right? is it the Paul Simon version? :hmm:

unregistered user
May 22nd, 2005, 06:29 PM
paul Simon?!:eek: :lol:

The Sun King
May 22nd, 2005, 06:30 PM
LOL! Yes, that's why I ask :eww:

The Sun King
May 22nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
Oops, just bought the soundtrack on ebay and saw that it's Lebo M:ayecapn:

Merci :cheese:

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 22nd, 2005, 08:24 PM
"He had diamonds on the soles of his paws..."
:D:cheese:

unregistered user
May 23rd, 2005, 04:06 PM
Where is that from, W-eyed wanderer?

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 24th, 2005, 12:55 AM
:lol: it's a Paul Simon song...

"People say I'm crazy
I got diamonds on the soles of my shoes
Well that's one way to lose
These walking blues
Diamonds on the soles of your shoes"

Called 'Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes' from his Graceland album...lots of African influence on that album incidentally...

unregistered user
May 24th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Oh. Cool. :cheese: