PDA

View Full Version : Disney's African Cats

Utora
April 29th, 2011, 02:24 AM
African Cats Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyw5KiT0tM0)

Has anyone else seen this?

It reminds me very much of the lion king. The scenery, photography, plot and events are breathtaking. I wept like a baby a few times, laughed pretty hard other times. It shows the true brutality of mother nature and what lions and cheetahs go through daily. More so, it's about the close bond of a mother and her offspring. It's unbelievable!

I got the chills with the 5 male lions that roamed the North and South pride lands....terrifying force.

HasiraKali
April 29th, 2011, 02:26 AM
My sister and I are seeing it tomorrow. We usually go see the Disney Nature films on Earth Day, but didn't get to this year. I'm excited to see it. I'm going to wear my African cats shirt from the zoo because I'm awesome like that. :lol:

Sharifu
April 29th, 2011, 06:22 AM
I enjoyed African Cats a lot more then Earth and Oceans.

King Simba
April 29th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I don't think African Cats is on in UK cinemas unfortunately. :( But I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

Sombolia
April 29th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Me and my mom were talking about seeing it. I'd really like to, but it depends if we have time & money. :p It's a really busy couple of months over here.

Ngatuny
April 29th, 2011, 03:20 PM
It is a really nice movie/documentary.

Kopa
April 29th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I get to see it tomorrow. I'm really ecited. :cheese:

Xacheraus
April 30th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I'd love to watch this while it's still in theatres. The cinematography looks breathtaking! I missed out on the movie The Last Lions earlier this year, so this would make up for said lost.

Azerane
May 1st, 2011, 01:54 AM
I'm not sure if I'll get to see it. The Last Lions didn't show here, and while African Cats is on the 'coming soon' movie list, it may only be in very select theatres. So we'll see how that goes.

King Simba
May 1st, 2011, 07:50 AM
It's not even on the coming soon list here, but apparently the release date is on the 21st October, which is quite far away. Darn UK release dates. :woe:

HasiraKali
May 3rd, 2011, 12:41 AM
This was on the official Facebook page just now. :)

"Thanks to everyone who saw African Cats during opening week, the “See ‘African Cats,’ Save the Savanna” campaign will help protect more than 50,000 acres of land in Kenya’s Amboseli Wildlife Corridor--that's more than twice the size of Manhattan or 100 times the size of the Animal Kingdom theme park!"

Simbaspirit
May 3rd, 2011, 01:28 AM
wow thats awesome!!

I also can't wait to see this movie. I've just gotta find the time but I will make sure to see it while its still in theatres

HasiraKali
May 3rd, 2011, 01:42 AM
The theater we saw it in had just been refurbished to high def digital projection. It also had a new sound system. The lion roars were deafening. It was AWESOME. :D

Sharifu
May 3rd, 2011, 03:37 AM
"Thanks to everyone who saw African Cats during opening week, the “See ‘African Cats,’ Save the Savanna” campaign will help protect more than 50,000 acres of land in Kenya’s Amboseli Wildlife Corridor--that's more than twice the size of Manhattan or 100 times the size of the Animal Kingdom theme park!"

Sweet... Petteri and I helped by seeing African Cats during the opening week... :D :p

Nalas
May 3rd, 2011, 03:53 AM
I saw it 2 1/2 weeks ago with my grandpa. I thought it was a really good movie/documentary! Although, some parts were sad, alas. :( But, on the bright side, I have two funny stories to tell (there's probably going to be minor spoilers, sorry);

1. When the cheetah was hunting the gazelle, this boy remarks, "Don't gazelles live in the zoo?" :lol:

2. There's this one part where this miniature turkey-like bird is jumping up and down in the middle of the savanna, and my first comment was, "What the hell?" :lol:

Otherwise, I really enjoyed it (and I think my grandpa did, too)! Those babies were soooo cute! Especially the sound cheetahs make; too adorable! <3

Guntur
May 29th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I saw the trailer, It caught me to tears seeing those cubs shivering under the rain with her mother. :(

Shadow
May 29th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Hmm i dunno about this,this seems so..."heart string pulling" i don't mean to be a pessimist or anything but it just do everything right for you to go "aww" or get touched and think its beautiful and all....
i guess this is a work wound being an actor and all xP, but im not going to lie of course it pulled my strings too, its just knowing exacktly why it did kind of takes out the experience for me.

i kind of expected it to be like Suki the lion cub, ya know the movie where they dub the lions and animate thier muzzles?.
of course il see this if i get the chance too though. i mean i love watching just animal planets stuff of big cats ^^

Guntur
May 29th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Well shadow it is a documentary, not a film acting or anything, just a film documentary. It just shows us the true nature of animal kingdom in Africa. You should dig through some film related documentary to see the differences. ;)

Ngatuny
June 18th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Got an email from Amazon telling me that the movie is available for pre-order it comes out on October 4 in the USA :cheese:

http://www.amazon.com/Disneynature-African-Two-Disc-Blu-ray-Packaging/dp/B00559SGCU/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

Sharifu
July 13th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Coming out to DVD and Blu-Ray October 4th huh? Coincidence? I think not. :lol:

HasiraKali
July 13th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Haha nice. Do any of y'all follow the official Facebook page for Disney Nature? They update about the cats since the filmmakers left. It's pretty interesting.