PDA

View Full Version : Sad Poem

lionloversam
May 5th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Here is a sad poem I just recieved in a forwarded e-mail. Have any of you seen it before? Sounds slightly familar to me. :

My name is Sarah
I am but three,
My eyes are swollen
I cannot see,
I must be stupid
I must be bad,
What else could have made
My daddy so mad?
I wish I were better
I wish I weren't ugly,
Then maybe my mommy
Would still want to hug me.

I can't speak at all
I can't do a wrong
Or else I'm locked up
All the day long.

When I awake I'm all alone
The house is dark
My folks aren't home.
When my mommy does come
I'll try and be nice,
So maybe I'll get just
One whipping tonight.

Don't make a sound!
I just heard a car
My daddy is back
From Charlie's Bar.

I hear him curse
My name he calls
I press myself
Against the wall.

I try and hide
From his evil eyes
I'm so afraid now
I'm starting to cry.

He finds me weeping
He shouts ugly words,
He says its my fault
That he suffers at work.

He slaps me and hits me
And yells at me more,
I finally get free
And I run for the door.

He's already locked it
And I start to bawl,
He takes me and throws me
Against the hard wall.

I fall to the floor
With my bones nearly broken,
And my dad continues
With more bad words spoken...

"I'm sorry!", I scream
But its now much too late
His face has been twisted
Into unimaginable hate.

The hurt and the pain
Again and again
Oh please God, have mercy!
Oh please let it end!

And he finally stops
And heads for the door,
While I lay there motionless
Sprawled on the floor.

My name is Sarah
And I am but three,
Tonight my daddy
Murdered me.

Sombolia
May 5th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Sad, but probably spam.

Azerane
May 5th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I've received that before, it's a really sad poem no matter if it's spam or not. To think that stuff like that actually does happen :(

Aurelian
May 5th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Whether or not this particlar Sarah exists, this is in no way spam. It was probably sent out to get people to realize how bad child abuse is. It's way to real for me, since I was also a victim of physical abuse from my former step-father as a kid, though never to that extreme(I am obvioulsy not dead). My step-father was part of a cult disguised as a religious group, so he used a loy of psycological and mental abuse as well.

The father is this poem, and the mother as well, deserve to spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

unregistered user
May 5th, 2005, 03:48 PM
That is a scary one.

King Simba
May 5th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Wow, so dramatic and emotional. :( :tears:

Iestyn
May 5th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I keep getting poems like those in my e-mails, and I've heard that particular one before, plus many more similar ones.

Firestar
April 4th, 2006, 05:55 AM
sad

:(

lion_roog
April 4th, 2006, 06:04 AM
That was sad...It's one thing to murder a grown *** man, but it's another to harm someone who depends on you to protect them.

Only-now
April 4th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Well, I have heard another poem like that...I think it is spam, like a chain letter to try and get you to pass it on..just like with religious ones, etc. they try and appeal to your emotions.

Nonetheless it is a very sad poem...anyone who treat another person, let alone their own child like that is sick and deserves to die.

~Kiva

Kovu The Lion
April 4th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Thats just, sad, and wrong, This is the reason I wish America still had its death penalty, hang the *** holes on a rope, or burn em right in front of people, but now all we can do is inject people, and now they are thinking about taking away that ;__; Bah, even if its spam, its sad, and its true, how people can suffer, people like me and you =/

~KTL

unregistered user
April 4th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Even though it's not true or fictional(Spam) I guess it does give a hidden message to make us think what happen around us.

Nephilim
April 4th, 2006, 08:53 PM
That was a terrible poem. Next!

ChildOfThePride
April 4th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
That was a terrible poem. Next!

Constructive criticism never hurt anyone.

Cobalt
April 4th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Very sad...very wrong, and unfourtunatly very much a real problem... :(

Nephilim
April 4th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
Constructive criticism never hurt anyone.

True, but it helps no one in this case, because the author will never read these forums in all probability.

Dare
April 4th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
Thats just, sad, and wrong, This is the reason I wish America still had its death penalty, hang the *** holes on a rope, or burn em right in front of people, but now all we can do is inject people, and now they are thinking about taking away that ;__; Bah, even if its spam, its sad, and its true, how people can suffer, people like me and you =/

~KTL

I was under the impression that electrocution, firing squad and hanging were still in use in various states, though lethal injection is considered the standard. My resources may be out of date though...

Anyway, this reminds me of that "Somebody Should Have Taught Him" drunk driving email petition I used to get. Actually, now that I look it up, there's a Snopes article on about this verse...

Blue Ribbon Against Child Abuse (http://www.snopes.com/glurge/blueribbon.asp)

so it would appear to be spam...sad thing about spams of this nature...they can lose their impact. I can only read one poem/story so many times before I no longer have an emotional response to it other than "Aw hell! Not again!"

unregistered user
April 4th, 2006, 11:06 PM
If this is a spam, they should post once in a while to get the emotion or just like Wicked says:"Aw hell! Not again". To bad I see the poem as a Negetive one(Because of spam).

Kiara Serengeti
April 5th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Whether or not this particlar Sarah exists, this is in no way spam. It was probably sent out to get people to realize how bad child abuse is. It's way to real for me, since I was also a victim of physical abuse from my former step-father as a kid, though never to that extreme(I am obvioulsy not dead). My step-father was part of a cult disguised as a religious group, so he used a loy of psycological and mental abuse as well.

The father is this poem, and the mother as well, deserve to spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

Roquivo, you just wrapped it up.
So sad. :(

Amaryllis
April 5th, 2006, 02:16 PM
I don't think it's real, because i got that email 4 years ago aswell, and this year i got it again. I never forgot it, but it still annoy's me a bit. I'm not sure but i don't believe in stuff like it. The writer of the poem could have bin a victim of child abuse aswell (that could explain why its written pretty good) but still i don't think it's real for some reason.

Kailash
November 18th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Its SO Sad.