PDA

View Full Version : Back in Time!

unregistered user
May 3rd, 2005, 04:41 PM
Throughout any time period in Earth's history. Which era would you currently like to live?

I'd take the "old west," North America continent, roughly 100-150 years ago (approximately 1870s or so)...

Surroundings/Setting(s): guns, dehydrated beef stock, moldy bread, saloons, cud, horses, locomotives, etcetera...

Doing what/why?

Being an US marshal in Kingman or Tombstone, Arizona. Beating up lawbreakers, drinking all the whiskey, meeting Dr. John Henry "Doc" Holliday.

Concluding... I'd become a successful practitioner in law. Retire with merits; The End!

(short story... ;) )

TakaTiger
May 3rd, 2005, 07:15 PM
Medieval England!... knights in shiny armor rule!

<TT enters in a suit of armor, with a sword and a shield>

Crusaders are a favorite of mine, id be one of them, fighting for country and what not... going out to a battlefield for month with none but my sword and shield :)

Darkslash
May 3rd, 2005, 09:05 PM
I'd take the "old west," North America continent, roughly 100-150 years ago (approximately 1870s or so)...
That's mine, too!

unregistered user
May 3rd, 2005, 09:20 PM
I would choose Ancient Greece.

I'd become a scholar or something of that sort. I'd write everything I saw and did down so future generations would know what had been.

unregistered user
May 3rd, 2005, 10:10 PM
Why during the days of the roman empire of course!

Dare
May 3rd, 2005, 11:44 PM
Ancient Egypt.

Two words: women's rights

Ordinarily, I'd have picked either ancient Greece or Rome, but considering what I learned in my "Women in Antiquity" course...I'll stick with Egypt. *sand sand mummies!*

Wouldn't mind checking out the USA in the 60's though...

Simba '04
May 3rd, 2005, 11:56 PM
I would like to go back in time to like Pirates of the Caribbean was based on and be a blacksmith, idk why but I've always wanted to be one :idiot:

Muruwa
May 4th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Pardon my horrible history and not knowing the exact period, but I sort of want to go back to the days when they had big parties and balls with ballroom dancing and everyone was respectful and the guys were gentlemen (no offense guys, but a lot are jerks with no respect for anybody). Though I do like modern conviences we have today, and I do like wearing pants instead of dresses all the time. But I think it'd be fun to go to one of those big parties, like a masquerade (sorry, just watched that part in the Phantom of the Opera which I just got today ^_^).

Darkslash
May 4th, 2005, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Muruwa
Pardon my horrible history and not knowing the exact period, but I sort of want to go back to the days when they had big parties and balls with ballroom dancing and everyone was respectful and the guys were gentlemen (no offense guys, but a lot are jerks with no respect for anybody). Though I do like modern conviences we have today, and I do like wearing pants instead of dresses all the time. But I think it'd be fun to go to one of those big parties, like a masquerade (sorry, just watched that part in the Phantom of the Opera which I just got today ^_^).
Ya gotta choice: early to mid 1800s Victorian Era

OR

1920s American imitation of the Old Style ("The Great Gatsby")

Sombolia
May 4th, 2005, 03:25 AM
The 1980's in America :idiot: I mean, arcades are awesome, dude! :p

EDIT: :lol: This reminds me of a Time Travel convention they're having this month.. it's all documented, so they think that, when you go to the convention, people from the future will start appearing in front of you :lol:

Xinithian
May 4th, 2005, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Muruwa
Pardon my horrible history and not knowing the exact period, but I sort of want to go back to the days when they had big parties and balls with ballroom dancing and everyone was respectful and the guys were gentlemen (no offense guys, but a lot are jerks with no respect for anybody). Yeah, but in return for guys being "gentlemen", women were looked upon as inferior and did not have the rights that men did.

If I had to go back in time, I'd go back to the 80's. It would be great to see all of my favorite bands in concert, and when they were still releasing their albums. I would like to go to the 50's and such, but racism was such a big thing then.

unregistered user
May 4th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Three options: medieval times, ending of the 19th century or begining of the 20th.

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 4th, 2005, 12:34 PM
1994, in the UK! :D Apart from the fact there would be tons of TLK stuff in the shops it was the beginning of Britpop!

Okay, okay so technically I was alive then but I would like to be slightly older than 8 so I could appreciate it all a bit more. I would want to come back after a bit tho, maybe just go for a month or two.

=D

unregistered user
May 4th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Sombolia
EDIT: :lol: This reminds me of a Time Travel convention they're having this month.. it's all documented, so they think that, when you go to the convention, people from the future will start appearing in front of you :lol:

Sweet :cheese: !!!

Hmm... from the future though, I better get the pitchfork then, just in case'. XD

;) :lol:

lion_roog
May 4th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by SoniqueX
[i]

Being an US marshal in Kingman or Tombstone, Arizona. Beating up lawbreakers, drinking all the whiskey, meeting Dr. John Henry "Doc" Holliday.

My relative was the Sheriff who was shot in the back there that sorta lead to Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday to come over to Tombstone.....Tombstone still isn't really that big, it's about an hour from here....:D

unregistered user
May 6th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Tombstone still isn't really that big, it's about an hour from here....:D

I know they do reenactments of past's events for tourism.

Several of the saloons in town offer live music on weekends, and most can accomodate dancing also.

There are a few gunfight shows in town, horse rides, stagecoach and wagon tours, and a city park.

Well, since time travel is currently out of the question, I guess reenacting will have to do...

LOL! SWEET :D !!! XD

unregistered user
May 8th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Need to find myself a decent DeLorean! X-)

Suki
May 8th, 2005, 01:36 AM
I would go back in time to 1944 on the home front. Why? because i think it's interesting to have someone you love out into the war against Hitler, knowing that you should try hard to offer things to scrap drives and rubber drives and those things. I mean, you can really put an effort into giving so little to them and it'd mean so much and be very helpful to build tanks and that stuff.

http://www.americangirl.com/agcn/molly/index.html

Yeah,yeah,yeah. It's just a stupid website about girls in the past and that crap...but this one has to do with 1944. You can learn alot, actually. :p

lionloversam
May 10th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I would choose ancient Rome. I would either choose to be in the Roman Navy or a rich land owner. But both would be nice too.:ayecapn:

A-non-a-mus
May 10th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Simba '04
I would like to go back in time to like Pirates of the Caribbean was based on and be a blacksmith, idk why but I've always wanted to be one :idiot:

me too... blacksmithing sure seems fun.... (I accually crafted my own sword and such already, though, back then seems best... you CAN still can be a blacksmith though...)

if I were to choose, I'd chose around a time where skills with a sword mattered and of corse bow and such... I dunno... sometime before guns though...

unregistered user
May 11th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by John
Need to find myself a decent DeLorean! X-)

And... a mad scientist (http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/serious.wav)! > : )

;) :lol: :evilgrin: