PDA

View Full Version : Odd happenings..

A-non-a-mus
May 3rd, 2005, 12:00 AM
well, I've had an odd few days these last few days...

it started out on wednsday... I went to bed for a nap at 2pm... I awoke at 3pm on thursday :gasp:

then I went to bed at 6am on friday.... and was awakened at 11pm by paramedics being taken to the emergency room... :gasp: :confused:

aparently I was in a light coma those two days... then I get a call from my diabetic doctor... and she told me that most who get even one light coma don't ever awaken from them, the few that do, most get brain damage... yet somehow, both times I turned out just fine...

odd?.. yup...

any one else here have an odd thing happen to them?...

Simba '04
May 3rd, 2005, 12:07 AM
ummm...not like that, dude that is creepy, I hope you will be ok :hugs:!

A-non-a-mus
May 3rd, 2005, 12:30 AM
don't worry... I should be fine... ... I'm only going to be now sleeping where if I don't awaken by alarm, one of my two roommates will come awaken me... and if they can't then they'd call 911 and catch it early...

Juniper
May 3rd, 2005, 12:31 AM
*hugs anon* Man, I'm glad you're okay. I hope and pray that never happens again.

That's really weird though, I had my life endangered twice this week, and once was on Wednesday :D

A-non-a-mus
May 3rd, 2005, 12:36 AM
don't worry... I'll pull through...

you've had your life endangered twice this week too?... i'm glad you came out ok...

Juniper
May 3rd, 2005, 12:41 AM
Yeah, one was driving in crappy weather and an idiot racing on county roads, and I got into a bit of trouble fishing in a drunk guy's pond this weekend :p

LunarCat
May 3rd, 2005, 12:46 AM
:hugs: *hugs Anon* glad to hear that you are ok.
:hugs: and same for you Pnt ;)

nothing odd really, i've had some close encouters with getting in the head, but luck seems to be on my side. :D *knocks on wood*

Sombolia
May 3rd, 2005, 12:56 AM
Nothing like that.. but yeah.. :p

Like last night this creepy guy was walking behind me down the street.. :p I bet it was Roog! :lol: :D

Azerane
May 3rd, 2005, 01:19 AM
Wow, glad to hear your better now A-non-a-mus and that your friends are watching out for you.

I had a scary experience on Saturday, me and a friend were crossing a road in the city and we both almost got hit by a car that was speeding through a red light... it passed less than half a meter in front of us... that was really scary. But we're ok so that's all good.

unregistered user
May 3rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
lucky you still alive :hugs:
hope things gettin better

Aurelian
May 3rd, 2005, 03:56 PM
I live in Rhode Island, official home of the bad drivers! I can't count how many times I have been nearly been hit by a car, in my car, or just walking.

Somehow, I usually manage to avoid going anywhere near death's door, so I have no tales to tell.

A-non, take care!

klowd
May 3rd, 2005, 04:24 PM
Thats weird man...I really hope it's nothing too serious.... I've been in coma for 3 days, but after that I felt completely good.

King Simba
May 3rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
I haven't been in a coma before but I've been put to sleep with anaesphetic.

Anyway, I nearly got knocked over by a coach whilst on holiday a few years back. The curbs were really high and we were crossing the road to go to this bar. I didn't realise the speed the coach was travelling at but before I know, the coach is a few yards away...not even slowing down for the pedestrians that were crossing. I happened to jump out the way of the coach and I cut all my knee which scabbed over after a while. Darn coach drivers... :grrr:

Also, my friend was knocked over by a car that was travelling at 30mph...she broke her legs cos' of it and she had to walk on crutchers for a while. That was in primary school btw. She's alright now though.

Good to hear you lot are still alive anyways. :hugs:

Fear The Paw
May 3rd, 2005, 04:42 PM
:gasp: Wow something like that can be a tragedy. But glad that you are alive.
Just a fact to state but a weird one is. One of my long time friends was actually diagnosed with diabetes on my Birthday March 06, 15 years ago she's doing fine (I think). :confused:

King Simba
May 3rd, 2005, 06:09 PM
Just out of question, has anyone else been put under anaesphetic for an operation? :hmm:

TakaTiger
May 3rd, 2005, 07:01 PM
ive never had an operation :P

Xinithian
May 3rd, 2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by klowd
Thats weird man...I really hope it's nothing too serious.... I've been in coma for 3 days, but after that I felt completely good. Aren't you very young to go into a coma? Do you have medical issues, like diabetes?

soulImbibe
May 4th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Whoa I was just browsing this thread and realized that FearThePaw and I were born on the same day! 03-06-86. Cool...

Azerane
May 4th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by King Simba
Just out of question, has anyone else been put under anaesphetic for an operation? :hmm:

I have, I had an operation when I was about 7 I think to have my tonsils out :D :cheese: So I was under anaes... (I can't spell it so I'm not gonna even bother) but I have been entirly under apart from that, I've had local a few times.

Xinithian
May 4th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Just out of question, has anyone else been put under anaesphetic for an operation? :hmm: I have. Did they give you anything that made you really happy before the operation?

Kintaru
May 4th, 2005, 02:57 AM
I was put full under for my wisdom teeth operation about a month ago. That was interesting, cause for some reason I thought I'd be able to fight it heheh. All I know is I looked up at a light on the operating table, and then I woke up.
;)

It's weird waking up from it though, cause it takes a while to wear off. All my limbs were heavy, and I could barely move. Smacked myself in the face when reaching for a glass of water, fun stuff.
:cheese:

Juniper
May 4th, 2005, 03:01 AM

Yup. Fell Asleep, woke up and was on my way.

klowd
May 4th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Aren't you very young to go into a coma? Do you have medical issues, like diabetes?

Ethilic coma...... :alone: , I had 50% of possibilities to survive they told me =|

unregistered user
May 4th, 2005, 05:44 AM
My father once slept for 2 days after a football game when he was an adolescent.

Wow!!!

Ngatuny
May 4th, 2005, 05:52 AM
I have been in full anesthetic for an operation and I only had Vallium for a minor Dental operation not with full anesthetic for that one.

Anyway back on the original topic I'm just glad you recovered from the ordeal A-non.

King Simba
May 4th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
I have. Did they give you anything that made you really happy before the operation?
You had an option to either by gassed or put under anaesphetic. My mum chose me to be put under anaesphetic. This was when I had 8 teeth pulled out in hospital a few years back. The reason for that is because my big teeth wasn't pushing the smaller teeth out. They've all grown back now.

:bleen:

Hanshilo
May 5th, 2005, 04:55 PM
me i can't remember much cause i was only 2 years old but i did have menejites however you spell it, and my dad was never there for me when i was in hospital, i did survive it but i was on one of those life support machine thingys and i come round after a few nights.
uhm, then i remember that kid i used to hang around with he died the last night i saw him was when i was helping him into his bed...
then i went to bed the docs said i was lucky...

Then a couple of years back from now i nearly got knocked over by some idiot in a horrid ford... it was ugily aswell.:browlift: but i came out alright...:ayecapn: