PDA

View Full Version : Art Trades & Requests

Utora
April 28th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I'm really looking to draw other people's characters to better develope my skills (and to draw, period), as well as see how other people draw my fursona so I'm open to an art trade!

I can also take one request right now, so if you'd like something (full color, lines, no background!) I can take one request. (Request i.e. you do not have to trade art in return for a piece of my work)

Examples of Lined & Colored Works

Requests Closed:
1) Nuduli
2) Fendi

Art Trades Open

Nuduli
April 28th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Oh wow, that's great work! I'd love to make a request from you! :D

Guntur
April 28th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Does Human portrait included Utora?

Utora
April 28th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Yes I can do a human so long as I have a reference or something to look at while making it, if you understand what I mean. I can take Nuduli & Fendi for requests if you guys want, still open for art trades though.

Nuduli
April 28th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Awesome, I've been wantin' my fursona drawn since '96 xD Thanks so much! Now I have a question, is there a specific way to go about this? I've never requested before, so I wasn't sure how it worked.

Utora
April 28th, 2011, 04:59 PM
If you have any references to your character (previous images, similar images, etc) link them. If not it's ok. Otherwise, the more detailed you are in your description the more like your character it'll be in the end. So I need things like mane fur color, belly fur culur, tail tuft color, eye color, inner brown color, nose color, inner ear color, any markings? Is your character long and lanky (like Scar or Zira) or big and buff (like Mufasa and Sarabi). Also there's certain nose types, the point one like Scar's, or the broad one like Simba's and Mufasa's etc. Those are a few ways to make the details clear. If your character is not a lion, that's fine too but point that out and list all the features still. Then, what kind of impression do you want; the character sitting, happy, angry, sad, aggressive, or just anything at all? Let me know.

:cheese:

Nuduli
April 28th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Okie dokie, I'll do my best to be as detailed as possible and post it up asap! :cheese:

Guntur
April 28th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Here's my direct reference. The only things that doesn't change are the hairstyle, the glasses, the shirt and the pose. =)

My only extra addon are the beard and the hair color. :) The hair color are platinum blonde and the beard color are around black.

http://0.tqn.com/d/menshair/1/7/E/B/-/-/08.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189725_10150107022416751_641946750_6892665_6324639 _n.jpg

To be honest with you, this would be my look within 6 month, I will likely bleach my hair into white and probably a longer hair. :lol:

Nuduli
April 28th, 2011, 05:50 PM
My best reference for the design (nose, age..etc.) may be this one (http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Kristin_O/QueenNakita.jpg). The overall fur colorization... possibly... these colors (http://www.deviantart.com/download/167889711/Uru____Color_Model_by_SummerGal7.png). I was thinking the eye color could be a golden brown.

The impression I think would be something like this (http://www.wf.net/~mufasa/mufasa1.jpg) looking more stern but not angry.

I really hope this helps. =S

If I need to add/change things, let me know!

Utora
April 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
@ Fendi: do you want the beard to be similar to the one in the link or was it reference for color? & I'm assuming you want a full body piece done. :P

@ Nuduli: Thanks for the information, so far it's good and I can work with it, if there's anything else I might need I'll message you. :cheese:

Nuduli
April 28th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Whoo hoo! I'm all excited, lol, I can't wait to see what you do!

Guntur
April 28th, 2011, 06:31 PM
@ Fendi: do you want the beard to be similar to the one in the link or was it reference for color? & I'm assuming you want a full body piece done. :P

I want the beard similar to the picture, and the beard color are black like I do.
Full body? LOL if you want to, but I want an upper body shot, from the head to the hips as the picture suggest. ; ) well you can choose between the hips or full body. : P

Sombolia
April 29th, 2011, 02:41 AM
I'd love to do an art trade Utora :)

Utora
May 11th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Sure Sombolia! Sorry for a late response, been dead on my feet working. I have the lines finished for your character Nuduli, I'll show you tghe progress at some point via msn, same to you Guntur.

@ Sombolia;; you can message me your character and I'll respond with mine, etc when I can find a reasonable reference. :lol: But I can still start on yours whenever. Or you can post it here..whatever works...I can just access lea messages easier via my android phone than the actual forum. Now, I'm rambling.

Nuduli
May 11th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Awesome! I can't wait to see it!

Guntur
May 14th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Alright Utora. ;) Whatever it work. ;) or you could post on facebook and tag me there, anything is fine by me friend. =)

Utora
May 20th, 2011, 03:30 AM

Nuduli, heres the beginning of your lines, anything you want modified message me or post here, still working guys!

Nuduli
May 21st, 2011, 03:46 AM
Oh very nice, I look forward to the finished result! Nothing to modify I think. :)