PDA

View Full Version : Sin City

FCSimba
May 2nd, 2005, 01:56 AM
This is a movie based off of Frank Miller's Comic book Series! Tell me what you think of it? Any comments about it, feelings about actors...Anything =) If you haven't seen it, tell me if you want to or don't and give reasons.:cheese: Yes I'm obsessed with it to answer one question.

Also, if you've seen the movie or you don't care if a part of it gets spoiled for you, then read my fan fic. It took me a while to write and only a pawful of people have read it and reviewed so I'd appreciate others reading it. (You don't have to, just if you'd like to.)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2364699/1/

Hope you like it!=D

unregistered user
May 2nd, 2005, 01:58 AM
i gotta wait for 2 week :(....
2 week :D i cant wait ;)

FCSimba
May 2nd, 2005, 01:59 AM
It's gonna take 2 weeks for it to be in theaters where you are? :O That stinks Guntur! Well, it's worth the wait, trust me. ;)

unregistered user
May 2nd, 2005, 02:00 AM
Theater
haha..
Im in malaysia ;)

FCSimba
May 2nd, 2005, 02:01 AM
Oh that stinks :( Sorry mate, time flies though, just have fun :D

Sombolia
May 2nd, 2005, 02:50 AM
Haven't seen it.. I dunno if my mom'll take me since it's rated R. :(

Juniper
May 2nd, 2005, 03:03 AM
Probably the best movie I've seen yet, aside from Forest Gump. It's full of great video effects (it's in black and white, but most scenes there's something in vibrant color, like a woman's lips or something; things like that) and has a great story line. It also does a great job over exagerating character features the same way a graphic novel does.(like how one of the main characters you follow for a bit has a big chin and is GIGANTIC)

And for a $40,000 production budget, not including actors, it's really damn impressive.

As for whether kids should see it, I don't believe in shielding children from life and everything in it forever, but Sin City did have a lot of sex, violence, and at least a few drug references. Seemed like most of it was in good taste though.

FCSimba
May 2nd, 2005, 03:06 AM
:cheese: Pnt, you couldn't put it any more brilliantly. The comic books are brilliant too, I just purchased "That Yellow Bastard" (S'cuse the lingo) and read it within 45 minutes. It's magnificent. Art, dialogue, all perfect. Takes you right there. And the Soundtrack, which I also bought, is to die for. =) I'd say Sin City nearly ties Lion King, but in a different way. It's my second favorite movie as of now. :p

Xinithian
May 2nd, 2005, 03:23 AM
It was actually pretty good, although it was very disturbing (that guy's genitalia being ripped off).

Juniper
May 2nd, 2005, 03:25 AM
Yeah... I laughed :p

FCSimba
May 2nd, 2005, 05:21 AM
^ *High paw's PNT* Me too! :jejeje: My uncles were sitting next to me and both of them instinctively reached downward and cringed. My dad had to tell me to be quiet I was laughing so hard! =D

Mabatu
May 3rd, 2005, 01:47 PM
I'm in quite a bit of pain at the moment -- I have to wait until AUGUST to see this :gasp: :eek: :(

Originally the Australian release date was set for something like May 20, so i was getting all excited about that...then they changed it :(

I've been following progress of this movie for quite a while, i'm really eager to see it! I've seen a couple of Rodriguez's other movies (El Mariachi and Desperado), and i'm interested in his work on this movie. Also, since he is a good friend of Quentin Tarantino (who directed one scene of Sin City), he's also in my good books :lol:

The trailers make the movie look really appealing to me (i'd understand if some people thought it looks 'stupid' though). You can see them here:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city/

I'm happy to see it got a very high user rating on IMDb, for movies to get that kind of a rating, it must be very good...well not necessarily i guess, but still :p

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401792/

Since i've been reading lots of forums about it and stuff, i've come across a lot of spoilers where people don't even put spoiler warnings :rolleyes: so that was a bit annoying, but i'm not planning on reading anything more about it until i get to see it, hopefully i forget the details i've come across. I'd be happy to read your fanfiction after i see the movie, FCSimba :cheese: That won't be until August though :alone:

Its really bad when it seems everyone has seen something, and everyone says its great, then i have to wait. I'm considering having it downloaded for me, but i want my first experience of it to be in theatres. Stupid distribution companies - they do simultaneous worldwide releases of movies like Amityville Horror, but for good movies like Sin City, we have to wait AGES. :confused:

TakaTiger
May 3rd, 2005, 07:03 PM
I have yet to see it =\ everytime im at the mall, the ppl im with are under 17 and cant get in it... so i keep missing it

TeeKay
May 3rd, 2005, 07:08 PM
I've not seen it yet, but it's on my list of things to see.

Anything with Jessica Alba in it is always good ;) hehe

unregistered user
May 3rd, 2005, 09:24 PM
Nay, I'm not going to go see it. Doesn't interest me in the least.

Dare
May 3rd, 2005, 09:28 PM
Saw it, loved it.
:ayecapn:

Hell, the special effects alone make it work seeing. *nodnods*

FCSimba
May 4th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Well said Wicked. ;) And I'm so sorry to hear that Mabatu! :( Now I feel selfish for complaining that I've only seen it twice :lol: It's really worth the wait though, truly...I hope that when you do see it you go with some people who'll want to talk to you about it after it's over because the people I saw it with didn't really appreciate it...seeing as my friends are all girly girls...and so they simply think it's my newest, most wierd obsession. Oh well, I don't really mind. It was truly an AWESOME movie! =)

FCSimba
May 4th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by TeeKay
I've not seen it yet, but it's on my list of things to see.

Anything with Jessica Alba in it is always good ;) hehe

:jejeje: Couldn't have put it better myself, TeeKay muh friend. =D

Alli
May 4th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Yeeeeeah, i doubt i'll ever be able to see it. It sounds and looks good but since it's rated R, well, yeah. It'll probably never happen -.-

Sombolia
May 13th, 2005, 12:22 AM
:lol: X-Play parody-ized Sin City.. Sess City!! ;) :D

If they post the video online (I'm sure they will :P), I'll link it, it's funny.. :p

Sombolia
May 13th, 2005, 03:20 AM
By the way.. Jessica Alba was on Maxim's "Most Successful Women" list, which is pretty much a cover up for "Most Sexy Woman" list, but oh well.. thought I'd mention it :P