PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Summer Movies of All Time

Sombolia
April 29th, 2005, 11:43 PM
TLK came in number 10, losing to Star Wars, Shrek 2, and Finding Nemo, among others. :/

Ya can check out the article here (http://movies.channel.aol.com/summermovies/blockbusters).

Apparently TLK's "magic ingrediants" were, "Endearing Disney ecosystem; Elton John classics; Oedipal cub intrigue" o_o

W-Eyed-Wanderer
April 30th, 2005, 12:14 AM
"Oedipal cub intrigue" lol

I don't think TLK was released until Novermber '94 over here in the UK so it doesn't really count as a summer movie here...

Still at least it can hold its own against the modern films, nice to see it hasn't disappeared from the public eye completely...yet.

=D

Ralli
April 30th, 2005, 11:40 AM
I saw that, and I still can't believe it lost to E.T. and other movies. :yuck:

Oh well...TLK's number one for me, and you can ask the crapload of other people who agree. :haha:

King Simba
April 30th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Whoa, awesome. Glad to see it just scraped the top 10. I still think Shrek 2, Finding Nemo etc. deserve to be in the top 10 too though. ;)

Still, TLK is my fave though. :cheese: Cheers for the link, Sombi.

Ralli
April 30th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by King Simba
Whoa, awesome. Glad to see it just scraped the top 10. I still think Shrek 2, Finding Nemo etc. deserve to be in the top 10 too though. ;)

Still, TLK is my fave though. :cheese: Cheers for the link, Sombi.

I very much agree about Shrek 2, Finding Nemo, and some others. I'm just disappointed that TLK's number ten...then again, I should be glad it's on there at all after ten years.

unregistered user
April 30th, 2005, 11:52 AM
haha... look like tlk survive for 11 year in the top ten ;) Yay... ;)

LunarCat
April 30th, 2005, 04:25 PM
yay for TLK!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :cheese:

Kiara Serengeti
May 2nd, 2005, 03:10 PM
It lost to Nemo? Nemo was good, but just a "cutsie" kind of film. I can see it losing to E.T., though. For some reason that alien movie has nearly a cult following :bleen: .

Ralli
May 2nd, 2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
It lost to Nemo? Nemo was good, but just a "cutsie" kind of film. I can see it losing to E.T., though. For some reason that alien movie has nearly a cult following :bleen: .

And you're saying TLK doesn't? :evilgrin: Hehe, I kid, I kid.

Kiara Serengeti
May 2nd, 2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Ralli
And you're saying TLK doesn't? :evilgrin: Hehe, I kid, I kid.
lol...yes...but you hear about E.T. a lot and it got a ton of attetion.
Random thought: They should make a TLK 3d! Not the 3d like nemo, but where you put on those funky glasses :D and everything pops out.

Xinithian
May 3rd, 2005, 04:15 AM
I didn't like Shrek 2... I don't think that it should've made THAT much money, especially to beat ET.

Sombolia
May 3rd, 2005, 04:28 AM
:Ooo: TLK 3D.. be'd coooll.. :p

I like to think of TLK as a cult :evilgrin: And next - TLK conventions!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/sombolia/BUMMS/haha.gif