PDA

View Full Version : pictures that wont make the news

Banzai
April 29th, 2005, 12:36 AM
ok so i found this link on one of my friends xangas... its sorta sad but i thought i would post it here... leave a comment about it but nothing trashing it please.

http://www.veteranscava.org/photos_that_will_never_make_the.htm

Darkslash
April 29th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Thanks for bringing those up. You're right, Banzai -- the media nowadays is less news and instead thinks of itself as having a product to sell, and good news is often no news at all.

Aurelian
April 29th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Of course they won't show that stuff. Since when does the media ever cover the small miricles that actually keep people alive and give them hope from day to day? They get more publicity by showing celebrity trials.

Mizani
April 29th, 2005, 11:42 AM
aaawwww thats so sweet. Its a shame that when other soldiers act rude or offensive to the public. All the other soldiers like the ones in the pictures kindness is wasted and they start to get a bad reputation.:tears:

Azerane
April 29th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Gah!!! Could someone please tell me what the second image is of? It won't let me see it :(

They are realy beautiful photos, they're very touching and show the true heart that soldiers have. :) Thanks for the link Banzai

unregistered user
April 29th, 2005, 06:00 PM
The sad thing is, is that bad news sells, they are indeed selling something, they make their living off of getting good stories and sending them to the public. Sadly, bad is viewed as interesting nowadays... Thanks for the refreshing vacation fromt he news Banzai, it is much appreciated.

Shatara
April 29th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
The pictures are nice =) ... If only all soldiers were like those people :( ... Honestly, I've met very few who aren't.

Banzai
April 29th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Azerane
Gah!!! Could someone please tell me what the second image is of? It won't let me see it :(

i cant see the second picture either... but i thought that the rest were very touching... my cousin-in-law is in the navy and i met some people from the army and the navy... they were all very nice... i wish that the people on the news would take some time to show us the good people in the army and navy and not just the people who do bad things...

Mushroom
April 29th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Those are very touching picture, I love the one of the soldier stroking the cat. I must admit I always pictured soldiers a tough men with serious and grim faces but these pictures show them in a completely different life, it's lovely.

EDIT: These are the kinda idiots I hate. (Mature: Bad Language)
http://www.ranting-gryphon.com/rants.htm
Click the one that says "Military," it's hilarious but also awful.

SimbaLKD
April 29th, 2005, 08:34 PM
hey Banzai, pictures like that are really needed for those people who dont support the war nor the troops..

you can be agianst the war all you want, and the leader, all you want... but not the troops.. they have no choice..

Banzai, thank you for those!
;)

Hanshilo
May 10th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Me i don't know much about it but one thing is for sure: they don't want ppl to see the soft side of ppl, make it look as if the soilders are all mean and tuff. and they really arn't that mean... They won't show that these ppl are miserable out in other countries seeing all that violece... Ie like the vietnam war, now that was another horrid experience for soilders...
:alone: personally if world peace was possible i don't think any of the politions and prime ministers, would let that happen...
If i was a leader i think i would worry more about the ppl and having world peace rather than myself...:grrr:

Fear The Paw
May 10th, 2005, 06:23 PM
My step brother was down there he not do there now but was down there. When he came to visit. He has an archive of Media, Photos and losts of exclusive footage from down there unitl you have seen this you do not know the half of it.