PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Eurovision voters!

W-Eyed-Wanderer
April 28th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Not that I'm trying to influence anyone's vote in this year's Eurovision Song Contest but...

Javine, the UK entry, played Nala in the West End production of TLKoB. She really has the eyes for it if you look at any pictures of her. :rawr: And apart from anything else it's a great song!

Anyway it all takes place on the 21st of May so if you feel like you can't decide who to vote for give it to Nala...I mean, Javine... :D

SimbaLKD
April 29th, 2005, 07:56 AM
I vote Javine.. but umm.. to bad it dosent count...

Whats this Eurovision Song Contest thing all about?
:confused:

nathalie
April 29th, 2005, 08:09 AM
The Eurovision Song Contest.

It's been done every year. Belgium won't be in it. We have to make it through the semi finals.
I don't see that happening.

This year it will be different. Country's have to place them into the finals also by voting.

Last year it was still, like: the country with less pionts, can't enter next year.
I believe that has changed too.

In chort: European country's, send 1 singer / band, to the contest, they sing, there's a voting (viewers), the country who wins, is the host for the next Eurovision contest.

SimbaLKD
April 29th, 2005, 08:12 AM
nathalie, thank you ! :D

nathalie
April 29th, 2005, 08:13 AM
np

oh, and as from this year, it'll be 2 days instead of just 1 evening

first the semi finals, and the day after the final (if I'm not mistaking)

I'd say: VOTE BELGIUM :p We hardly get any votes every year ... Why is it that the French part always gets us back in the year after :confused:

*lol*

King Simba
April 29th, 2005, 11:59 AM
I watched Eurovision last year and I'll probably be watching it this year. I did see when Javine was chosen, hopefully she'll perform a good performance for the UK. We'll just have to wait and see... :hmm:

klowd
April 29th, 2005, 12:31 PM
I'd say...do NOT vote for Spain, I'm 100% sure the song will suck. The only thing we did win was the eurojunior lol xD

W-Eyed-Wanderer
April 30th, 2005, 12:48 AM
I must confess I've never actually voted in it myself before but I can't vote for the UK entry anyway!

Greece are this year's favourites according to the bookmakers but hopefully Nala can challenge them...As long as all you other Europeans vote for her! lol

:rawr:

nathalie
April 30th, 2005, 07:34 AM
I have never voted eather.

But the plan this year is, to go to another country that day, and vote, haha ...

No offence, but like Turkey, every country has loads of those people, so it's not hard for Turkey to get lots of points.

King Simba
April 30th, 2005, 08:03 AM
My mum has voted once. I can't remember which country she voted for though. :hmm:

nathalie
April 30th, 2005, 08:07 AM
I also think it's not fair that country's like Spain, Germany and France, are always in the finals.

Even because of the reasons why, I still think it's not fair.

King Simba
April 30th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Yeah, you always see some countries voting for the same countries every year. Sometimes because the countries that are voting want the neighbouring countries to win, such as Greece and Cyprus. :hmm:

klowd
April 30th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
I also think it's not fair that country's like Spain, Germany and France, are always in the finals.

Even because of the reasons why, I still think it's not fair.

yes yes I agree the sucking songs that we bring there every year, is like impossible to stay up there, the music is dying!

nathalie
April 30th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Do you even know what I mented? :)

I ment that big country's automaticly are in the finals. While other country's depends on the singers.

Example: Spain will always be in the contest, no matter if they end last.

Belgium now, happend a few times, a small country, if ends last, we can't enter the next year.

W-Eyed-Wanderer
April 30th, 2005, 08:23 PM
It's all a bit set up really, at least we have Terry Wogan speaking sense! This thread is my attempt at vote rigging anyway...if I can get all TLK fans to vote for Nala she'll have to be in with a chance.

One other thing i could do is vote for a rubbish country thats not even in the running and then it leaves more chance for Javine to get up there. She had a 'wardrobe malfunction' in the qualifying show so if she does that again she might just win on that!

klowd
April 30th, 2005, 08:42 PM
when you say big countries.....you talk about the population? or what?

nathalie
May 1st, 2005, 08:39 AM
"big" country's: Spain, France and Germany.

Those 3 county's were always in the contest. No matter if France ended last in line.
They would be back next year.

But if another country, like Belgium, Holland, etc ... would end last.
They could not enter next year's contest.

Shadow
May 1st, 2005, 09:29 AM
OMFG SO DONT VOTE FOR SWEDEN I BEG YOU ITS THE WORST SONG EVER!!!

"sarcatic voice".....we are in las vegas tonight....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/Smylies/wince.gif

i mean god.....like we dont have enuge las vegas songshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/Smylies/icon.gif.....

the swedish ppl wanted a whole diffrent cool song...but the freaking jury destryed it allhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/Smylies/bleh.gif

Lion King Stu
May 1st, 2005, 09:30 AM
The jurry will be liquidated mwahaaa :evilgrin:

nathalie
May 1st, 2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by shadow
OMFG

you could leave the F ;)

Shadow
May 1st, 2005, 11:39 AM
you could leave the F ;)

belive me.....i sucks....its a shame from sweden i swearhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/eww1.jpg

nathalie
May 1st, 2005, 11:52 AM
But still ... little kids pick up F-words faster then you think, and there are some young members around.

Shadow
May 1st, 2005, 11:53 AM
hmrrr true http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/Smylies/bleh.gif

i shall think more abut it and watch my words...i promieshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/Smylies/wink1.jpg

nathalie
May 1st, 2005, 01:14 PM

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 18th, 2005, 03:42 PM
*bump*

Thought I should drag this thread kicking and screaming back to the front page as Eurovision is this Saturday and I might be able to pick up a few more votes for Nala!

So come on people, don't waste your chance to vote, this is far more important than any general election! It is your duty as TLK fanatics to ensure Nala...erm...Javine... wins!

:diva:

Aurelian
May 18th, 2005, 05:54 PM
So this is the European version of "American Idol" then? Or rather, AI is the American version of this competition.:evilgrin:

King Simba
May 18th, 2005, 06:01 PM
American Idol is the US version of Pop Idol. Eurovision is something completely different. =)

nathalie
May 21st, 2005, 09:03 PM
Indeed.

Eurovision song contest: Only country's from Europe can enter.
(kind of sais so itself) --> http://www.eurovision.tv/english/index.htm

Idols is only for each country to find new talent (in Belgium, Flemmish + French are seperate contests)

Anyone watched?

I thought it was boring.
All songs looked so much alike.
There wasn't really anything special.

Except for Malta, that was so beautiful !

Belgium didn't make it through the semi-finals.
Somehow, that really did not surprise me at all.

King Simba
May 21st, 2005, 09:09 PM
I watched the songs from Moldova onwards. I missed Malta and the UK though... :( Anyways, all votes are being counted now.

nathalie
May 21st, 2005, 09:13 PM
I usually don't watch the points being count.

I can't believe sometimes, that certain country's get the 12 points.
Looks like, if you're not neighbours, you don't get so many points.

King Simba
May 21st, 2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I agree there. However, Monaco never gave any points to France. :hmm:

nathalie
May 21st, 2005, 09:20 PM
I remember we used to get points from Spain, because our former queen was from Spain.
And getting poins from The Netherlands, because in the "old days" they were the only ones who understood the language.

And also, no offence to anyone, but look at all the foreign people living in other country's.
If Belgium was in it, I should have just went to Holland and vote for Belgium.

King Simba
May 21st, 2005, 10:32 PM
Well it appears that Greece has won scoring 220 points (I think.) The UK scored 18 points... :grrr: Ah well...

I noticed that countries like Cyprus, Greece and Turkey gave votes to neighbouring countries. It seems to have worked like that for a while now. :hmm:

Lion King Stu
May 21st, 2005, 10:34 PM
meh Euro Vision sucks plain and simple end of story...oh yeah and its also fixed ;)

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 21st, 2005, 10:59 PM
Nala deserved so much more...it's all completely political now, I don't think the UK will win for years, thank you very much Tony Blair!

Personally I don't think that Greece song was very good, I was rooting for Norway, good bit of cheesy Hair-Metal!

Shame Nala didn't do better but, overall, it was a fun Eurovision despite all the middle-eastern songs with big drums....Everyone from other countries is missing out without Terry Wogan's comments on BBC! He makes Eurovision watchable for British people...hehe
:diva:

klowd
May 21st, 2005, 11:37 PM
Eurovision is a mafia after all, and by the way Wig Wam and vanilla Ninja pwned even if vanilla Ninja have another awesome song called Blue tatoo really better that the one they have sung in there. -.-

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 22nd, 2005, 12:04 AM
These crisps taste funny...anyway you'll have to remind me where Vanilla Ninja hail from, I know it's one of the Eastern European countries...and for some reason I've just remembered they sung for Switzerland...but I can't remember where they're from!

What did everyone think of Nala aka Javine?

You could tell she'd had throat problems over the last couple of days but I thought she did well...shame loads of other countries had the same idea for a song...

nathalie
May 22nd, 2005, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by King Simba
However, Monaco never gave any points to France. :hmm:
I don't remember that Monaco entered before?

This year was the first time, as far as I know ... and then still, they couldn't vote for each other, because France was automaticly in the finals.

Another thing, that proves it's not about the singing:
France, Spain, Germany, UK ... they can sing out of key as much as they want, it doesn't even matter, they will always be in the contest next year.
Like last night, they all ended last ... pff, that doesn't matter ...

Ok, they are the biggest country's, concerning with the finances of the contest.
But I wouldn't bother to vote on those 4 country's, because they will always be in it, doesn't matter how bad the song is, and how bad the singer sings out of key.

nathalie
May 22nd, 2005, 06:26 AM
I don't remember that Monaco entered before?

This year was the first time, as far as I know ... and then still, they couldn't vote for each other, because France was automaticly in the finals.

*woops* I dind't knew I was wrong about this one ...
Because the last time Monaco entered was in 1979.

They did entered in 2004 (I remember that weekend very well, but I didn't saw the contest).

unregistered user
May 22nd, 2005, 06:51 AM
I rather have Martin Stenmark then Nanne Gr?nvall...

But in all honesty, I cant remember if they even made it beyond the semi finals but im cheering for moldavia or however you spell it!

That was one good song

klowd
May 22nd, 2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
These crisps taste funny...anyway you'll have to remind me where Vanilla Ninja hail from, I know it's one of the Eastern European countries...and for some reason I've just remembered they sung for Switzerland...but I can't remember where they're from!

What did everyone think of Nala aka Javine?

You could tell she'd had throat problems over the last couple of days but I thought she did well...shame loads of other countries had the same idea for a song...

They are from Switzerland I would recommend a song called Blue Tatoo.

Monai
May 22nd, 2005, 11:31 AM

They're Estonian ;) :p

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 22nd, 2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks, I knew it was one of em! ;)

As to the UK finishing so badly I truly don't think we deserved that, it was just complete political voting...as opposed to France who just had a rubbish song...
:lol:

As for the Granny drumming song doing so well...I gave up on the music tastes of Europe right then....
:woeisme:

nathalie
May 23rd, 2005, 06:56 AM
As for the Granny drumming song doing so well...I gave up on the music tastes of Europe right then....
:woeisme:

haha, me too ...

And about those 4 country's that ended last, hopefully they didn't think like me :eww:
(not to vote on them, because eather way, they'll be there again next year)

W-Eyed-Wanderer
May 23rd, 2005, 12:00 PM
Methinks the UK should enter Robbie Williams next year hehe...then we won't come last!

What other UK artists are big in the rest of Europe? Out of curiosity...
:hmm:

klowd
May 23rd, 2005, 12:37 PM
The spanish song sucked as much as the other years.... -.-. Norway pwned all!.