PDA

View Full Version : Musical Looking for TLKoB midis

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Kimbai
December 1st, 2006, 10:54 PM
Dude, how was the stampede done? i always wanted to know.

HasiraKali
December 1st, 2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by TX-101
That's great!

Does anyone have this version of CYFTLT?

I actually went through a while back and ripped all of the songs on the laser disc. Not sure where I put the CD but it's either in my room or in my car. I'll look for it. :)

Kimbai: The stampede is done with a combination of rolling drops, rolling puppets, and giant masks used by dancers. :)

You can kind of see what's going on here. :) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/lionking-wp-stampede.jpg

The first row has dancers with one giant mask each. The second row has dancers with two smaller masks each, and then behind them are the puppets on drums.

Kimbai
December 2nd, 2006, 07:08 PM
Pretty cool. Thanks XD

HasiraKali
December 2nd, 2006, 09:11 PM
I found the CD! :D PM me if you want the songs. :) I recommend the version of CYFTLT sung by Timon and Pumbaa. :lol:

To be on topic, one of the songs on the laserdisc is the Be Prepared (reprise) which is featured, in part, in the show. Incidentally, I love the scene right after it, with Sarabi, Nala and Rafiki and the spots. Gives me chills just thinking about it. :lol:

Zaya
December 2nd, 2006, 10:41 PM
Who's the bufbuf on ya avatar, muahaha :lol:

HasiraKali
December 2nd, 2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Zaya
Who's the bufbuf on ya avatar, muahaha :lol:

One of the Aussie ones. :lol: They look so different in their costumes, and that pic is so tiny.

Zaya
December 2nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah...btw, did you guys know Alexia Khadime joined myspace :)

HasiraKali
December 2nd, 2006, 10:58 PM
You said something about it somewhere. I can't remember where. :lol: I need to make a holiday avatar. :hmm: :lol:

Zaya
December 2nd, 2006, 10:59 PM
Really, yeah, I keep forgeting things...but a Simba in a Santa outfit would be a thought :lol: Although not that appealing anymore

HasiraKali
December 2nd, 2006, 11:03 PM
:hmm: Maybe holiday-fy the corset bit? :lol: I'm gonna play now. ;)

EDIT: Wait'll you see what I did to poor Vince Harder. :lol:

HasiraKali
December 6th, 2006, 02:24 AM
I just wanted to post for a few things.

1) Geno Segers is the new Mufasa with the Cheetah Company

2) My sister and I went shopping today and I found this skirt. I didn't get it but when I was trying to decide, I asked her "What would I wear it for?" and she said "Lion King." :lol: That ended up being our excuse for everything :lol:

3) Poor, poor Vince Harder. :lol: He was so excited when I pulled him out of where I house my harem and then I did this to him... :lol:

Lion_King_300
December 6th, 2006, 07:05 AM
LOVE your new avvy 'Manda!!! :love:

The weird thing is that I can actually see him wearing that costume...

Did your sister go with you any of the times in San Antonio or has she not seen it since NYC?
Funny that she would bring it up, she must be really excited about seeing it!

TLKOB opens in Orlando tomorrow, yaaay!

<end of randomness>

:zzz:

Lion_King_300
December 6th, 2006, 07:38 AM
In fact I loved yours so much I did one of my own... presenting Roger Wright as Simba Claus!

:lol:

HasiraKali
December 7th, 2006, 12:03 AM
:lol: He doesn't look too happy about it.

She went with me three times when it was here. And she's going to see it in Austin with me both times. She likes it for the technical aspect more than anything I think. I'm just getting her back for all those years of dragging me to her NSYNC concerts. ;) :lol: That, and the fact that I pay for the tickets, probably has a lot to do with her going. You can ask her though in January. ;)

Zaya
December 8th, 2006, 02:33 PM
You two are crazy!!! :lol: And Roger is sooooo angry to have that costume :lol: :lol:

Kiara Serengeti
December 8th, 2006, 05:11 PM
OT: Hasira...your avatar...you just committed SACRILEGE!!! :nukawha:

HasiraKali
December 8th, 2006, 11:02 PM
I did? How? >.>

HasiraKali
December 15th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Found some newish pictures. :)

This one is from London. I would love a larger version of it. :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/jumpy.jpg

This one is from Out and About Magazine in Tennessee. It doesn't look like either of the US tour Simbas though. :hmm:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/Image12.jpg

LunarCat
December 16th, 2006, 03:24 AM
does anyone know why TLKOB NYC was moved out of the New Amsterdam theater??

HasiraKali
December 16th, 2006, 03:38 AM
So Disney could open Mary Poppins. I don't really know the entire reasoning behind it. All that's in the news and press releases is that it's to open Mary Poppins. The only thing I could come up with was that, lately, the Minskoff theater doesn't have the best reputation with new shows opening. And snice theaterfolk are usually pretty superstitious, they might have figured that TLK was already established and wouldn't have any of the problems that a new show might. I do know that TLK is still setting records for box office, even at the Minskoff. I really don't know.

EDIT: :lol: While searching for an answer to this question just now, I found some really cool information. ;) Nothing to do with the Minskoff but I'll let y'all know about it when I get back from NYC next Wednesday. ;)

Kiara Serengeti
December 16th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
:hmm: Maybe holiday-fy the corset bit? :lol: I'm gonna play now. ;)

EDIT: Wait'll you see what I did to poor Vince Harder. :lol:

Hasira!! :gasp: A Santa-corset TLKoB Simba is just disturbing. I just noticed it today, now that I've got exams off my mind...you have a twisted mind girl! :bleen:

HasiraKali
December 16th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Is that bad? ;) :lol: I have one where he's holding blinky lights too. :lol:

Zaya
December 17th, 2006, 08:58 PM
The pic from London...how on earth can you know it's from London...does the simba have some kind of a identification thing on him that I can't spot? :lol:

HasiraKali
December 21st, 2006, 06:50 AM
It was in a London brochure dealy. :lol: Which really isn't all that reliable, but it's all I have to go on. :lol:

Thought y'all would like to see this. ;)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/mandalioness/New%20York%202006/100_4629.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/mandalioness/New%20York%202006/100_4635.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/mandalioness/New%20York%202006/100_4633.jpg

Good thing it wasn't a Simba... it'd be missing. ;)

Prince Simba
January 3rd, 2007, 06:46 AM
I forgot to ever mention that I went again, for a third time. They were on tour in Tucson, Arizona, which isn't too far a drive for me, so I bought awesome tickets and went to see it.

I have a master plan to kidnap all the actors and make them do it over and over and over again for hours. And then I'll keep them.

:evilgrin:

I'm not crazy.

HasiraKali
January 4th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Sounds a lot like my master plan to kidnap the Simbas and make them do... stuff... over and over again. :evilgrin: :lol:

HasiraKali
January 4th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Muahaha, I found a bunch of other pages with those pictures, one pic of them huging is reaaaaaly nice, Alexia is so beautiful there :) And they are on youtube too...but just the end part because everyone was recording Emma Bunton...bleh

I just noticed this post. :lol: Where did you find the other pics? And why haven't you shared with me? ;)

I got an email about the other thing... they won't help. :( You need to tell B about it so we can blackmail this person. :evilgrin:

Tim your new avvie is awesome. :lol: I have one to counter it. :lol: But it has to wait until after Florida. ;)

Lion_King_300
January 5th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Amanda, all of your new avvies are awesome! Once again you inspired me. And I finally figured out what the numbers mean! Even though you mentioned it during the trip planning it took me until right now to figure it out... :lol:

8 more days!

If that ticket doesn't sell on Ebay, I'll have to sell it to someone on the street that night! I've never done that before, but I have scalped from someone before, it was mid-ORCH too! (he was nice enough to charge me only face value!)

And I also just realized TLKOB will be our 3rd show that day too... after Festival of TLK and the Nemo Musical, featuring puppetry designed by Michael Curry!

And so... =) The three shows are all connected... in the Great Circle of Life!

EDIT: It's official... I'm counting down with you!

HasiraKali
January 5th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Yay! Countdowns! :D I have no idea how we're going to do the last few days though. :lol: I'm bringing my lappy with me so I can work on some stuff. The hotel has access but it's only in the lobby and it's something like $7 for 30 minutes. :hmm:

And to stay on topic. Vince Harder. Stupid watermarks. :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/lionkingmediacallsyd0259xtvincehard.jpg

Lion_King_300
January 5th, 2007, 09:19 AM
O_o that's expensive, $14 an hour? It would probably be cheaper to go to an internet cafe, I'm sure they have those around.

Of course when you're on Disney Property, the price of everything goes up. Gotta get ready for that!

countdown to 7 now, I'll see if I can rotate the bg piccys, but I do like this one a lot!

And Amanda you won't believe what I'm going to use for #6, you'll have to wait and see! ;)

Zaya
January 5th, 2007, 10:40 AM
what am I to do Amanda...should I write to them and tell...but we don't know this person...we need their address first
so that we can actually "give" something to Disney ;) :lol: we're evil! BUT THEY'RE EVEN MORE EVIL!!!

HasiraKali
January 6th, 2007, 02:43 AM
He really is. :( You'll just have to go to London and get one. :lol:

:lol: Tim! Your avvie is killing me. Who could that be? :thinks: Oh yeah! :lol: That was a good night...

Gazelle
January 6th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Wow... avatar countdowns? is this what i've been missing? haha :lol:

So entertaining... siiigh :hehe:

PSAmanda- That Zazu puppet has got some serious ad-a-tood goin on hahaha love it :cringe:

HasiraKali
January 6th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Gaz! :D We're counting down to next Friday. ;)

Lion_King_300
January 7th, 2007, 01:58 AM
I'm a little early with this one but I have to leave for work soon...

I tried to make the 5 look like one of those overhanging palm fronds with golden speckles that is seen in this scene, with a golden glow.

Avvy countdowns are fun! :)

Ciara
January 7th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Gazelle
Wow... avatar countdowns?

i did those when we counted down to xmas eve :D

for TLKoB ... assome show xD

Zaya
January 7th, 2007, 10:40 PM
HK, I told the Simba himself about that audio ;) I shall wait for him to reply :lol:

HasiraKali
January 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM
:lol: Watch him want us to get it for him. Like the Leno clip.

Zaya
January 8th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Yes I kind of hope he will :lol: muahahahaha

Azerane
January 9th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Only 2 more days until Kint and I are heading up to Orlando for TLKoB! I'm really exited about seeing it again :D Hopefully we don't get lost thouhg :p

HasiraKali
January 9th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Warn SJ that Manda and Tim are coming. ;) :lol: Poor guy.

Love the avvie Tim. ;) That's my wallpaper. :lol:

simba's sis
January 14th, 2007, 11:31 PM
i loove i just cant wait to be king onstage, but im biased, because i only see the show with my brother in it:cheese:

Zaya
January 18th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Aaaaa, girl, congratulations to your brother. A great way to start the career ;) Where does he perform at?

HasiraKali
January 18th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Hey Z... guess who has a HUGE picture in the new program dealy. ;) :lol:

Anyango
January 18th, 2007, 05:00 AM
I've never seen the actual Brodway show yet... HOWEVER, I really really like how they did Hakuna Matata and Shadowlands. I've heard both versions and they're spectacular! :D Shadowlands gives me shivers, and Hakuna Matata is just a great feel-good song for me. :-)

Zaya
January 18th, 2007, 05:16 PM
HK, OMG I KNOOOOOOW hahaha, I've seen the program back in october, when it wasn't even out, and I know bout that pic! Isn't it a fancy program thingy?! YAP! YAP! Do you have it, the picture? :D

Lion_King_300
January 18th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I really like the new program - it has pictures from The Lion King all over the world - the London and Dutch casts, Australian and Japanese as well as the Broadway version. It's smaller and easier to carry too.

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/newprogram.JPG

And here you go, Zaya: Your man in action!

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/brian1.JPG

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/brian2.JPG

And as many of you know Hasira_Kali and I went to Walt Disney World last weekend and saw TLKoB in Orlando and probably have been wondering what happened, sorry for the delay but I'll post ALL about our trip with pictures and everything in a separate thread soon!

Zaya
January 18th, 2007, 11:12 PM
LK 300, thank you so much for that :D Me very happy :) p.s.: not my man, just my very special friend :)

HasiraKali
January 19th, 2007, 02:01 AM
I noticed who it was and Tim was like "What!? Really?!" :lol: It was funny.

What section is that thread going to be in, Tim? I think Scar's Lair would be best.

Lion_King_300
January 19th, 2007, 02:42 AM
I was thinking about that too... threads in Scar's Lair tend to get buried very quickly though and I don't like that, but it's not quite on-topic enough to be in ETLT though a lot of it will be about TLKOB... guess I'll put it in Scar's lair.

I have a GIGANTO post I'm going to in a few hours, I finished my complete WDW trip diary (it's 13 pages 1.5 spaced 10 point font) and I'll post parts of it along with pictures it'll be great!

I have to go to bowling league now so when I get back later I'll make the new thread.

Sorry Zaya I thought he was a *really* good friend! Wish I got to see him perform in London when I was there.

HasiraKali
January 19th, 2007, 03:26 AM
I haven't put anything together yet. :lol: I've got some pictures that need adding. ;) :lol:

This is somewhat ontopic. :)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/mandalioness/DisneyWorld%202007/100_5232.jpg

Zaya
January 19th, 2007, 07:58 AM
LOL LK, yeah he was at points a *really* good friend, muahahaha :lol: But things had to move forward one way or another :)

*patiently waiting for the report* :D

Lion_King_300
January 19th, 2007, 08:27 AM
I just finished the TLKoB section (through Friday), it's now posted in Scar's Lair.

simba's sis
January 19th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Lion_King_300
I really like the new program - it has pictures from The Lion King all over the world - the London and Dutch casts, Australian and Japanese as well as the Broadway version. It's smaller and easier to carry too.

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/newprogram.JPG

And here you go, Zaya: Your man in action!

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/brian1.JPG

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/brian2.JPG

And as many of you know Hasira_Kali and I went to Walt Disney World last weekend and saw TLKoB in Orlando and probably have been wondering what happened, sorry for the delay but I'll post ALL about our trip with pictures and everything in a separate thread soon!

do you happen to know which young simba you saw? my brother is in the tour that was in orlando

Lion_King_300
January 19th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Trevor Jackson. Both of the young cubs sang really well, and while I didn't see Trevor come out the stage door I got to talk to Olivia Ford (young Nala) she was so cute!

HasiraKali
January 20th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Yeah it was Trevor. The cubs were pretty good... SJ on the other paw... oh SJ. :lol:

Azerane
January 20th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Yeah it was Trevor. The cubs were pretty good... SJ on the other paw... oh SJ. :lol:

Haha, I know exactly how you feel there Hasira... I felt bad for him :p though he did kinda ruin Endless Night *shakes paw at him* hehe

HasiraKali
January 20th, 2007, 03:36 AM
I had heard some clips of him before but I was hoping that he was just off on those nights. Apparently not. :( As Tim mentioned, he DID glisten a bit, so he's not totally hopeless. :lol:

Zaya
January 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM
HK hahahahahahahha :lol: poooor SJ, he's such a poor thing...:lol:

p.s.: I have no idea how to thank you for that thing...but I'll make it up to you, I promise :D

simba's sis
January 20th, 2007, 03:18 PM
then it wasnt my brother. trevor's still awesome too (he's a pain in the butt to babysit though) and olivia's really just too sweet for words
and you guys mustve seen sj on an off night. i've seen the show 4 times during this tour and he's noramlly really good

Zaya
January 20th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I trust you, I haven't seen SJ, just heard stuff...or maybe our standards are set to high...HK saw Jason after all and there's Wallace...and Brian, it's hard to keep up with those guys. :)

simba's sis
January 20th, 2007, 09:24 PM
oh, i agree. he's by no strecth my favorite simba, but he does a pretty good job at it

HasiraKali
January 21st, 2007, 02:50 AM
Let's put it this way... I enjoyed the performance of the understudy who had only done the role a few times to SJ. >.> <.<

Zaya
January 21st, 2007, 09:56 AM
:lol: Btw, how do you like Brian's Endless Night HK? :)

p.s.: 2003 he just started really :D

TX-101
January 21st, 2007, 08:21 PM
:lol: Btw, how do you like Brian's Endless Night HK? :)

p.s.: 2003 he just started really :D

Hmm, Can I hear it? :cheese:

HasiraKali
January 22nd, 2007, 03:26 AM
It's pretty good. :D He does this weird squeaky thing towards the end, but that's ok. It was early in his run... he is forgiven. :lol: Unlike some... :evilgrin:

Zaya
January 22nd, 2007, 08:19 AM
squeaky,:lol:...his voice is that way, that's not him making it, haha. He has a different voice from other Simbas, could be annoying to someone even ;) But it's very powerful and has alot of charisma once you hear it live :)

HasiraKali
January 22nd, 2007, 11:34 PM
I can't remember which line it was but it was right after Endless Night... the way he said it just cracked me up. :lol:

Zaya
January 22nd, 2007, 11:39 PM
Awwww, tha talking!!?? Yes, screamy :lol:

HasiraKali
January 22nd, 2007, 11:42 PM
It was when Nala's telling him that everyone thinks he dead. :lol: The way he says "They do?" was just too funny.

Zaya
January 22nd, 2007, 11:55 PM
muahahaha, I find it adorable!! Like a real teenager :lol:

HasiraKali
January 22nd, 2007, 11:58 PM
:lol: That's actually the only track I've listened to. >.> <.< I need to listen to the rest of it. :lol:

Zaya
January 23rd, 2007, 08:42 PM
I'm not much better...just the ones B sings in, LOL

HasiraKali
January 30th, 2007, 02:46 AM
There are a bunch of pretty cool TLK pics on Flickr from Hamburg. One of Simba and Rafiki sitting at a table to sign autographs and the actress has taken off her bamboo finger gloves and they're just lying there. Made me laugh. :lol: I'm so easily amused.

Kiara Serengeti
January 30th, 2007, 04:36 AM
I just listened to Chow Down and found out another fact about Sarafina =D...she ate Banzai's father :bleen:. Y'all probably know that, but I'm highly amused. Adds a little more insight to the hyenas too...like they were trying to settle the score and really cared about their parents...um, I really dunno what I'm trying 2 say... :cheese:

HasiraKali
January 30th, 2007, 05:05 AM
I think it's just something the hyenas said. I doubt that Sarafina would eat a hyena. Yeah, lions kill hyenas, but they rarely eat them. And based on how the lions interact with the hyenas in the film, I doubt she'd stoop that low. Interesting thought though. :)

Zaya
January 31st, 2007, 02:13 PM
A friend of mine would really like to get sheet music for Endless Night, so if anyone has it or knows where to get it, please help! :D

HasiraKali
January 31st, 2007, 10:15 PM
Piano/Vocal? I have the book, but I don't have any of it scanned. If there's not a time limit, I can work on getting it for you when I get our desktop back. :D

Article! :D

Patrick Page Returns to Broadway's The Lion King Jan. 31

By Andrew Gans
January 31, 2007

Patrick Page, who has spent the last few months starring in the limited engagement of Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas?The Musical, returns to Broadway's The Lion King Jan. 31.

Page will once again portray the evil Scar in the Tony-winning musical now playing the Minskoff Theatre. The company also features Tshidi Manye as Rafiki, Nathaniel Stampley as Mufasa, Jean Michelle Grier as Sarabi, Jeff Binder as Zazu, Danny Rutigliano as Timon, Tom Alan Robbins as Pumbaa, Josh Tower as Simba and Kissy Simmons as Nala.

Patrick Page's other Broadway credits include Decius Brutus opposite Denzel Washington in Broadway's Julius Caesar and over a thousand performances as Lumiere in Beauty and the Beast. Page is also an active classical actor, who won Washington, D.C.'s Helen Hayes Award for playing Iago opposite Avery Brooks' Othello The Shakespeare Theatre Company, where he also played Macbeth opposite Kelly McGillis. Page is married to actress and former "Trading Spaces" host Paige Davis.

The Lion King, according to press notes, "follows the adventures of lion cub Simba as he struggles to accept the responsibilities of manhood and his future role as king."

The Lion King originally opened at Broadway's New Amsterdam Theatre Nov. 13, 1997. Directed by Julie Taymor ? who became the first woman to ever receive a Tony Award for Best Director of a Musical ? The Lion King has become an international hit with productions playing all around the globe. In fact, the Elton John-Tim Rice musical has won over 30 major awards. Those include six Tony Awards, including one for Best Musical; eight Drama Desk Awards; six Outer Critics Circle Awards; two Sir Laurence Oliviers; the Evening Standard Award for Best Theatrical Event; and three Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Awards.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/105355.html

I was wondering what happened to Nathaniel. He was in the Cheetah cast and then he wasn't. But yay for him! :D

Kiara Serengeti
February 1st, 2007, 01:49 AM
I think it's just something the hyenas said. I doubt that Sarafina would eat a hyena. Yeah, lions kill hyenas, but they rarely eat them. And based on how the lions interact with the hyenas in the film, I doubt she'd stoop that low. Interesting thought though. :)

Shenzi:Now wasn't it her mom who ate your dad?

Shenzi\Banzai: And having parents eaten makes us mad!

^ They were referring to Nala...so another thing not revealed in the film. So Sarafina has an affinity for hyena!!!

HasiraKali
February 1st, 2007, 01:51 AM
I'm aware of the lyrics. ;) I'm saying, they were taunting the cubs, so they probably just pulled it out of nowhere to try to get a reaction from the cubs. Kind of to scare them.

Zaya
February 1st, 2007, 08:54 AM
HK, you are wonderful, I'd appreciate that, she'd kill for the piano thing, take your time! and Thank you, you're just amazing! :)

HasiraKali
February 7th, 2007, 03:58 AM
I'm seeing the show again in 9 days. I was wondering if there was anyone that has seen the Cheetah company recently. Any changes? Good? Bad? Indifferent? I can't wait to see this cast again. :D ;)

HasiraKali
February 11th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I'm getting excited again. :lol: Aaaanyway... I found this on Playbill Australia's merchandise shop. I've never seen it before and it kind of weirds me out. :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/The_Lion_King_0_large_image.jpg

Zaya
February 11th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Who's that Simba again on your Avie HK? :lol:

HasiraKali
February 11th, 2007, 11:49 PM
That is... ummm. Let me check. :lol:

Shoot, the picture isn't labeled. He's one of the tour guys though. I'm thinking Brandon Victor Dixon? :hmm:

Yeah he is. Whoot! Go me! :lol:

Check out his gallery, there's a picture there. ;) http://www.brandonvictordixon.com/

:lol: One review describes him as "... muscular, manly, but still playfully pouncey..."

Lion_King_300
February 12th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Wow, they made a souvenir of the ghost mask! That is sooo cool but yeah it is very weird... a candy puzzle? It's like eating Mufasa's spirit. :eww:

Have fun in Austin, wish I was there too.

<currently experiencing TLKOB withdrawal symptoms which will continue until I have definite plans to see the show again>

HasiraKali
February 12th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I know what that's like, Tim. :( It hurts physically sometimes.

My friend has a London script but he says he won't give it to me unless I marry him. :lol: It's tempting.

Zaya
February 12th, 2007, 11:50 PM
oh you get two in one, how cool is that! :lol: You only need to ask him if he's prepaired to dress as Simba and roar trough you bedroom at any given occasion ;)

HasiraKali
February 12th, 2007, 11:59 PM
:lol: He's always complaining about the Simba-thing. His "competition" he calls them.

Zaya
February 13th, 2007, 02:05 PM
:lol: I love it, so cool he plays the game! ;)

HasiraKali
February 13th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah. :lol: I've known him a long time. I didn't even know he had the script until a few weeks ago. He teases me with pictures of it. :lol:

This one's my favourite page he's shown me so far. :lol: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/Image4.jpg

HasiraKali
February 16th, 2007, 06:55 AM
I have returned! :D The show was awesome, as usual :lol: There were lots of tech issues tonight though. Naughty sound techs... they were leaving mics on for some reason and we heard some gossip from some of the female cast members during the little interlude right before TLiY.

As for the cast, there were two major cast changes from the last time I saw this company. Mufasa and Banzai. Both were pretty good. Geno is officially one of my top Mufasas. :lol: He has a really deep voice. It actually shocked me when he said his first line. Loved his delivery of the "Nobody messes with your dad" line. And best of all... he has a Bachelor's of Science! :D So do I! :lol: The new Banzai really didn't impress me, but he wasn't bad. Kevin Grey has been promoted from a 3 on the Scar Scale (tm) to a 7. All because his mic wasn't on during the very beginning of Be Prepared, yet he managed to project and still be audible. Huzzah for formal training. Tim McGeever has also been promoted on the Zazu Scale (tm). Both of these two were brand new in the cast last May, so it's good to see that they've grown into their roles a little. :) Ta'Rea and Wallace were their usual awesome selves. I think Wallace may have a little bit of a stuffy nosey because he was a little more nasally than usual. And I heard him sniffle during one of the many mic mishaps tonight.

There was also a pretty big blocking/set change addition this time around. During the stampede, when Mufasa and Zazu enter on stage right, they usually just walk out from behind the arch. This time, there was a huge wagon platform with a tree cut out, similar to the one that Simba hangs from. They were rolled on instead of just walking out. It freaked me out. :lol: Some of the dances looked a little different to me as well. The lioness hunt was the same, but some of the choreography in the battle sequence seemed different. I don't know, maybe I was just distracted :p

It's late and I'm tired after that drive, so I'm off now. Tootles! :D

Lion_King_300
February 16th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Wow, that sounds so awesome Amanda!!! I'm so happy you got to see Gino, I saw him in Shanghai and I definitely think he is the best Mufasa ever, even better than Rufus Bonds which I didn't think was possible. The ONLY time ever They Live in You gave me the chills his singing voice and delivery was so good.

Great that you got to see Wallace too, nice to see he's still going strong, he's been with the tour now since mid 2005 so almost two years now! Hope he has at least another left in him, he's one of the best Simbas on the planet, I've seen six different ones. Did you gather up the courage to go to the stage door this time? Maybe he would remember you from San Antonio?

I remember Ta'Rea from Portland, she had just started earlier that year at about the same time as Wallace, and she was very good also.

I was shocked at the many changes I noticed the last time in Orlando, and I guess they're always tweaking with stuff - and it's pretty safe because 99.9% of the people in the audience are seeing the show for the first time (or at least that cast/company is the first one they've seen)
so no one would notice. I'd have to see that wagon cart with the tree that does sound really weird.

Tech problems... guess they were asleep on the job. The worst tech problem I remember was in one of the Portland performances the mic blew during Shadowland for about 5-10 seconds (I don't remember if it was the time I went with Audra or not, maybe she remembers) and Ta'Rea doesn't have the loudest singing voice so it was pretty awkwardly silent for a moment but she kept going and thankfully it got fixed right away.

Anyway, love to hear more, what souvenirs you got, if you met the cast, any pics, etc when you get a chance, glad to hear you had such a great time as always... you're now into double digits! 10 TLKOB views :wow: you are one craaaazy cat!

Oh yeah, and where was the shower curtain from? That page you posted from the script was really interesting, thanks for sharing that (and I hope he shares more with you)

HasiraKali
February 16th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I didn't get to met the cast. The garage where we parked closed at 11 and we had to drive home. :( I think we'll go to the door when we go next time since that show will be earlier and it won't be so late when we're done.

There really wasn't anything new souvenir wise. Did you get my text? :lol: They were selling programs of course, but they came with a tote bag thinger. When I asked for one at the stand though, the guy gave me a regular bag. I'll pick on up next time. I was going to see if I could just get the tote since someone already got me the program. ;) :lol:

I still can't get over how weird that wagon was... and how off the tech was. Dawn said she wanted to go smack them. :lol:

Oh and the shower curtain was from Pier 1. ;)

Kiara Serengeti
March 5th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Hasira, I don't know if you've seen this video or the Japanese TLKoB, but I thought you might like this. A very well-done adult Simba (kind of cute, too ;) )...and interesting in another langauge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2sQrhgtlMI&mode=related&search=

HasiraKali
March 7th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Thanks Kiara. :)

I found another video. I think I've seen it before, but everything has started to run together. :lol: It's a promo vid for the Broadway production. http://www.sightchecker.com/emusicalsite.html

Oh and this one has a bit of Japanese Simba glisten! :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGb_dFi7UUU

Zaya
March 8th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Hey guys, just thought I'd share the excitement, I've been Lion King backstaging, saw all the masks and stuff!! :D

HasiraKali
March 8th, 2007, 06:25 PM
OoooooO! Did they let you take pictures by any chance? :D That's awesome.

TX-101
March 8th, 2007, 07:45 PM
You were there again? LOL
Hey, about pics... do you have them?

samo pls ne re?t da niso dovolili...

Zaya
March 9th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Oh, no, pictures weren't allowed, I guess I could take a sneaky one here and there but I'd rather not cause I didn't wanna get people who got us in into trouble.

It was amazing tho, I couldn't believe how lite everything was, and Timon has a soft face, :lol: and Zazu the pupet is hand painted, every single feather. Oh and the cheetah, it's made of some kind of fabric, so when you look at it up close you can see trough a lil bit haha. Loved the Simba and Nala mask, they're alot smaller than they look.

And each actor has their own bucket with paint that matches their natural skin color and shoes colored to match their skin color, it's so funny! I loved it :)

Oh and the masks are made right there inside the theatre. :)

TX-101
March 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Interesting! Masks are made in there? paint for every single actor? I couldn't belive that! I don't know when we will have a theatre like that! Only in dreams!

Azerane
March 10th, 2007, 12:01 AM
THat would've been great to go backstage and see all those things. Pity you couldn't take photos, though I understand why.

HasiraKali
March 26th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Just got back from Austin and the show. Got to see Vusi Sondiyazi as Simba tonight. He was really good. :D He was also the tallest Simba I have ever seen. :lol: He had to lean down to hug Ta'rea during CYFtLT. Tech was much better, few new choreography things I noticed. The buzzards just before Timon and Pumbaa make the first entrance had some interesting new stuff. Also noticed for the first time, that there are doubles in Chow Down. :lol: I always thought they were just supposed to be other hyenas, but they're doubles of Shenzi, Banzai and Ed. And Kevin Gray has been promoted to an 8 on the Scar Scale(tm).

Lion_King_300
March 26th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Hey you saw Vusi! The very first time I saw TLKOB he was the understudy for local star Brandon Louis. I do remember that he had a very thick accent but his singing voice was fantastic... I wrote in my review that he sounded a lot like Jason Raize during Endless night.

Never knew about the doubles during Chow Down, I'll have to watch for that next time.

HasiraKali
March 26th, 2007, 07:01 PM
When I saw his name on that big chart thinger they have with all the understudies, I freaked out! Of course I was a little sad that I wouldn't be able to see Wallace again, but I was so excited because I had wanted to see him for ages. :D I was not disappointed. He had me at "It means no worries..." :lol: I thoroughly enjoyed his accent. ;)

They didn't have any new merch, but I got some stuff I didn't have and had been debating about. I got the baseball hat (which Dawn says I already have, but I don't know :lol:), a new sun shirt to replace my old one, the newer charm bracelet, and another program. :lol: One to put away and one to drool on. ;) I went over there just to get the hat and left Dawn by the door to the theater. When I came back, she was like "That looks like more than the hat." :lol: "I am ashamed," is all I could think of.

HasiraKali
April 13th, 2007, 01:40 PM
This thread is making me sad? Where have all the TLKoB fans gone? :(

Here's a picture to try to lure them back...

Y'all make Josh Tower sad. :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/lionkingtour1_175x.jpg

Oh and my friend sent me the TLK script. :D And I didn't have to marry him. :lol:

Marikunin
April 13th, 2007, 01:51 PM
:: Drools ::
He's hot....:D

Kiara Serengeti
April 16th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I would be haunting this board if I'd SEEN TLKoB. Having to see a musical event for Music Appreciation would've been the perfect excuse, but it came too late. *smashes things*

HasiraKali
April 16th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Houston yes? I've heard rumours that it's coming back around that area sometime earlier next year.

Kiara Serengeti
April 19th, 2007, 03:45 AM
*crosses fingers*
Hey, Hasira, I just noticed you live in San Antonio. Coolness!

I'd love to go backstage for a look at the props, lighting, and costumes. It's just so amazing. When Julie Taymor said "I want elegant, not cute", that's what she got. It's freakin' art!

HasiraKali
April 19th, 2007, 02:02 PM
One of my friends at work said he was going to write to Ellen and see if I could get backstage that way. :lol:

nathalie
April 19th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I've been on stage + back stage, at the Dutch theater where it used to play.

Really cool, to touch the masks and stuff like that.

Sharifu
April 23rd, 2007, 11:01 AM
Lucky Nathalie! I want to do that! :p

I want to try to use the Zazu puppet. :lol:

nathalie
April 23rd, 2007, 11:08 AM
We weren't allowed to actually try it *aww* hehe.

But we were allowed to pick it up and such.
And those mask things look so heavy, like those wildebeast mask-things, but you could actually lift them with just 1 finger.

And the stage is so tiny, lol.

And cool to see, where all the whole in the stage are, and the chain which pulls that grass line, etc...

Lion_King_300
April 24th, 2007, 06:40 AM
That's so cool Nathalie, someday I hope to be able to go backstage and see the masks and puppets.

-------

I was really bored this weekend... so I decided to have a little fun TLKOB-style and "shadowed" singing and dancing to two Lion King on Broadway songs, Endless Night and He Lives in You Reprise. Thankfully I have a large photography studio in my backyard so I was able to have enough space to do this.

I've been wanting to try do something like this for a long time and kept putting it off... but making these videos took a lot of time and effort (and a lot of takes) to memorize the movements and stuff.

Here's my disclaimer: I have absolutely no professional singing, acting/theater training or experience! I made these videos just for fun as most everyone here knows I'm a HUGE fan of the musical.

Hope you all like!

btw: the Simba "headpiece" I'm wearing I purchased at Walt Disney World Animal Kingdom (after much coercement from HasiraKali) It's about as close to the real thing as I can get.

Linkage to Tim making a fool of himself for the world to see:

:gasp:

Endless Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IulPZv3J-WQ)

He Lives in You (Reprise) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZne5g7KrAU)

HasiraKali
April 24th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Whoohoo! :lol: Yay for Simba hat! :D You know you wanted it ;) And lifesize Clifton... ooooo :lol:

HasiraKali
April 25th, 2007, 02:55 PM
This is pretty cool. :) Kissy Simmons takes us behind the scenes of TLKoB @ the Minskoff. :D
http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Video.aspx?ci=546472

I'm working on saving the file so I'll let y'all know if I'm able to. :)

Lion_King_300
April 25th, 2007, 09:06 PM
That is officially my all-time favorite TLKOB "behind the scenes" video EVER!!!

Thanks for sharing, I'm amazed they got all of the principal actors in there! Kissy Simmons is hilarious, she was perfect to host this video.

"And now we're gonna go see Josh Tower - he's my boyfriend on stage, so HANDS OFF!"

What I would give for that German Lion King robe...

HasiraKali
April 25th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Did you notice that they spelled Pumbaa wrong? :lol: I've got it saved I'm just trying to figure out a way to convert the file to something more usable than a swf. :p

Sharifu
April 29th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Haha! That was so awesome! Kissy is so funny! :lol:

HasiraKali
May 4th, 2007, 06:55 PM
The official site has some new images up. Well some of them aren't really new, but they're bigger versions of smaller images from the past. :D I squeed for this one...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/joshtower.jpg

They've also got some new wallpapers up. Again, bigger versions of old images but still whoo! :D Nice one of Jason leaping with his arm up. The biggest I've seen of that one was like a 200x150 little thing. But now... it's wallpaper sized! Yay! :D

Lion_King_300
May 5th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Here are a couple of clips on Youtube I came across recently, it's far and away the best TLKOB TV feature performance I've ever seen. It's of the Korean cast:

Featuring:

Cha Ji-Yeon (Rafiki),
Lee Kyung-Su(Simba)

Endless Night/He Lives in You (reprise) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUSVqlFW8Mw)

Lee has an incredible voice and it's great to hear the songs in a different language. There's also another clip of the Circle of Life scene and some people talking about the show (in Korean, which I don't speak) and that is here:

Circle of Life & Talk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrW0HF0UoTA&mode=related&search=)

nathalie
May 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM
In Korean ?? :wow:

I thought it'd be in English.

Cool, another CD to look for :D

*downloads*

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Oh yeah I saw those. He is pretty good. And not scrawny. :lol:

Oh the official site also had some pictures of rehearsals in South Africa. :)

Zaya
May 20th, 2007, 06:30 PM
It's like a month back but Sharifu, I was allowed to try the Zazu mask, it's a wicked thing really, and that neck is super elastic and each feather on the puppet is hand painted. But loved the hyena masks better, the way you put them on and how they're attached to your headpiece and then move with your head wherever you turn...:)

HasiraKali
May 21st, 2007, 02:59 AM
Here's an awesome article about the production in South Africa which begins previews on Tuesday. :)

'Lion King' Comes Home to South Africa
By MICHELLE FAUL
The Associated Press
Saturday, May 12, 2007; 2:03 PM

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- With an explosion of drumbeats, "The Lion King" has returned to its cultural roots, and its story of assassination, coup and famine, the destruction of a nation and hopes for its rebirth is finding a special resonance in Africa.

This first production with an all-South African cast, some new costumes, choreography and songs promises to make as big an impression on the continent's performing arts scene as the theatrical adaptation of Disney's animated film did when it opened on Broadway 10 years ago.

"To be in South Africa for this production has been the realization of a dream 10 years in the making," director Julie Taymor said. "As `The Lion King' expanded beyond Broadway, I knew it had to keep its roots firmly in South Africa and ... I am proud to say that now, we have brought the show home."

The new African home for "The Lion King" is the specially built Teatro at Montecasino, which has a capacity of about 1,800 ("There wasn't anything large enough in Africa," Taymor said) at a hotel, casino and shopping complex in Johannesburg. It cost nearly $14.5 million. The show officially opens June 6 (preview performances begin May 22) with tickets costing 175 to 375 rand, about half the Broadway and London prices of around $50 to $120.

It's a professional homecoming for Lebo M., the South African Grammy-winning composer and arranger who will celebrate his debut as a commercial producer with the new production. In partnership with South African theater impresario Pieter Toerien, more than $10 million has been invested, Lebo said.

He said his partnership with Toerien, who is white, was symbolic of the new South Africa, even as "The Lion King" story reminds him of the old, racially segregated, white-ruled country that forced tens of thousands, including himself, into exile, and where thousands died before Nelson Mandela and his African National Congress were democratically elected in 1994.

Taymor and Lebo spoke during rehearsals at the Pretoria State Theater, where, for the first time in years, they were rehearsing together.

The director said she was nearly moved to tears, while Lebo said he was "crying inside" when he spoke to children in the cast about the meaning of the musical.

"In a split second it hit me, these children could not even have been in the theater (under racially segregated South Africa) because they're black, and yet here we are in a very powerful historical second, bringing the `King' back home and delivering it to a center of what was meant to be an exclusively white bastion."

Indeed, the theater reflects that history of white culture, its walls lined with portraits of classical performers, all of them white.

Now, its high ceilings, which once echoed with opera duets, resonate with peremptory drumbeats and the four-part a capela harmonies traditional to South Africa's Zulu tribe. The sprung parquet floor and wooden barre used to practice ballet reverberate to stomps of the gumboot dancing developed by mineworkers and the shoo-shoo whisper of "tip toe" dancing adopted by black migrant workers wanting to keep their activities from white managers.

"Aiyeeeee!"

"In the middle of the hallway, I heard the scream and people just started dancing automatically," Taymor said. That kind of energy led to two hours of improvisation and a new dance. "I was working with the singers, but 'Oh my goodness! That's a singer, but look at how this singer can move! How can we use that?' And we found another dance."

Taymor said the experience was "a seminal event" in her life.

For Lebo, his music also was influenced by the gospel rhythms and harmonies he learned in African-American churches while he was in exile. He now lives with his wife and son between Los Angeles and South Africa.

For the child actors, Lebo drew a parallel between the homecoming of Simba, the exiled lion prince, and Mandela being freed from 27 years in jail and taking over the country. He said he wanted the children to understand how Mandela was "inspired by the struggle of humanity and the people of South Africa."

There were too many parallels for one young actress, who burst into tears during the scene where Nala the lioness finds Simba in exile and tells him famine and drought are raging at home, that his wicked Uncle Scar has devastated the Pride Lands and that he must return to save the country.

"This is what's happening in my country right now," she cried to Taymor. "The violence, the crime, the fact that women and children are getting abused and raped and nobody is doing anything about it."

South Africa's 47.5 million people have been freed from white minority rule but the vast majority remain impoverished to a degree that helps escalate crime rates that are already among the highest in the world _ especially for rape.

The young actress' anger reflects the disillusionment of many in a country with a booming economy that unequally benefits a white minority and a handful of blacks.

But "The Lion King," with songs by Elton John and lyrics by Tim Rice, is all about magic _ mind-blowing puppets, amazing costumes and fantastic masks.

At an early rehearsal when some of the masks were brought out, a bit of that magic began to emerge with the maniacal hyena laugh of a young black boy, the gallumping entrance of a hefty white man playing the warthog and the balletic leaps of an actor attached to puppets that become a herd of gazelles.

Lebo, looking to the past and ahead to the future, sees himself in a skinny kid in a group playing young lions: "A week ago, he probably didn't know where his next meal was coming from."

"The Lion King" has won more than 70 major awards worldwide, including the best musical Tony Award in 1998 and five other Tonys, and has been seen by more than 34 million people. Besides Johannesburg, it is also being performed in New York, London, Hamburg, Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul, and will soon open in Paris.
? 2007 The Associated Press

I wanna know what the "new songs" are. :hmm: Or maybe they're referring to the songs that were written for the show to begin with? I dunno. We'll see. :D

Azerane
May 21st, 2007, 03:46 AM
that's a really cool article. It would be really cool to see it performed in where its roots lie. Would be more true to form, kinda thing. Hooray for the Lion King.

HasiraKali
June 1st, 2007, 11:39 PM
I can't wait for the show to officially open in South Africa. I haven't been able to find anything about the previews, so it's kind of frustrating. :lol: It opens next weekend though. Yay!

Lion_King_300
June 6th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Speaking of new TLKOB productions, the French company looks set to premiere in a few months, they already have a nice looking website up and a couple really cool videos here that were performed on a live preview/promotion show:

French Lion King on Broadway videos (http://www.leroilion.fr/E2_videos.htm)

The first one features a sort of remix of the They Live in You and He Lives in You Reprise song with Rafiki singing, and I think we get a preview of who is scheduled to play Mufasa as well as Adult Simba which may be of certain interest to some of you ;)

The other one is a "One by One" clip featuring Lebo M.

Can't wait for the new soundtrack to come out.

OH, and I just found out that Simba's name is Jeremy Fontanet... feast your eyes ladies

http://www.isabellecharles.com/actualites/JeremyFontanet1.JPG

Tiikeri
June 6th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Sorry, but he's ugly D:

Nice to see the TLKoB spreading internationally though :]

HasiraKali
June 6th, 2007, 07:21 PM
No need to appolgize... :lol: I don't think he's bad looking. But he has earrings. :hmm: :lol: Can't wait for all these new cast recordings. :D

Safila
June 7th, 2007, 01:55 AM
hehe mum says he scrumptious..I think he has cool eyes..:-) :o

Daniel
June 7th, 2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.isabellecharles.com/actualites/JeremyFontanet1.JPG

the word 'spadeface' springs to mind for me :D

HasiraKali
June 7th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Safila
hehe mum says he scrumptious..I think he has cool eyes..:-) :o

His eyes are pretty nice aren't they? :lol: They're like... they actually look a lot like my dog's eyes. But he has pretty eyes so that's not a bad thing at all. ;)

nathalie
June 7th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Omg, he is ugly o_O

Can't wait to hear the songs !

Lion_King_300
June 8th, 2007, 02:40 AM
Interesting mix of opinions so far... :hmm:

But *he* will look a lot different with the mask and costume on... no dress rehearsal pics yet.

Tiikeri
June 8th, 2007, 11:40 AM
His eyes are pretty nice aren't they? :lol:
Err, no? They're not nice eyes, they're way too shiny/starey for me, makes him look kinda sinister. But that's just me I guess. I agree with Dan and Nath too :P

HasiraKali
June 8th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Y'all are so mean. :lol: I was trying to find something nice to say about the poor guy. :lol:

HasiraKali
June 11th, 2007, 03:27 AM
LOOOK! =D Video from South Africa! :D
http://usatoday.feedroom.com/?fr_story=FEEDROOM198694&rf=sitemap

Better video! :wow:
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=entertainment&id=5365369

The second one is my favourite. I love how it says "most people" that see the show, don't know what's being said at the beginning of CoL. :lol:

There are a few articles popping up here and there. They're all the same though. And it bugs me that instead of pictures from the actual show or of the cast, they've all got a picture of Oprah attached. I don't like Oprah. :p

I hope they release a cast recording... doubtful... but I can hope. :lol:

Zaya
June 12th, 2007, 02:32 PM
I don't think the word ugly should be used describing anyone :( He's a decent looking guy, I'm pretty sure he's quite nice looking in real and I hope he'll do a good job playing Simba in France :)

HasiraKali
July 6th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Hey everyone. :) The forum's been kind of slow lately eh? So's the TLKoB news. It's frustrating. I found these on DeviantArt and thought y'all would like them. :) Pretty cool.

Simba
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43174659/
Nala
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43174491/

Tiikeri
July 6th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I don't think the word ugly should be used describing anyone :(
You've obviously never seen a picture of me then.

And those DA pictures are pretty cool!

Kiara Serengeti
July 16th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Those pictures are neat-o.
I pretended I was on the TLKoB cast when I exercised to the soundtrack last night. I am so cool like that. ;)

ETA: Hasira...w\e video you just posted has morphed into a video about that Senator who was...erm, 'meeting' with other women :die:

ETA2: check this video out. He's got a pretty good voice, though it's not really TLKoB\Broadway fitting. The tremolo, or vibrato, at the end of each line is a bit annoying, though. http://youtube.com/watch?v=5UiuSJjpNpg&mode=related&search=

HasiraKali
July 16th, 2007, 11:25 PM
:hmm: It might be gone then. I'll look around some more. I'm really surprised there's not more stuff out about it, since it just opened in South Africa. Hmm.

Lion_King_300
July 18th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Found a new video from the French Lion King website, it's one of the best I've ever seen.

It's a music video shot in Africa with the cast (Rafiki and Adult Simba) and some of the ensemble singing He Lives in You. Awesome visuals, the song sounds exactly as if it was performed on stage. I didn't understand the "painting" part at first... but if you watch the whole thing it will make sense!

Click on the first link under "GALERIE"

He Lives in You Music Video (http://www.leroilion.fr/E2_videos.htm)

This one is a real treat for us TLKoB fans - enjoy!

There's also a commercial made of basically old stock footage from the London and Broadway productions, nothing special there, along with the two older videos I posted a while back.

I'm really interested in this soundtrack but it doesn't look like its going to be released until the show premieres... love the voices!

HasiraKali
July 18th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Yay! :D That makes me excited. I can't watch it on this computer, but I'll watch it tomorrow sometime. :D Thanks for sharing Tim!

imported_kiara
July 18th, 2007, 08:07 PM
.. Shat and I are finally going to see TLKoB in NYC soon :D We got seat nr 150-151, row J *woho* I cant wait for that date to come .. *ish megauberhappy*

HasiraKali
July 19th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I'm finally getting to watch that vid. Simba with a mustache is killing me. :lol: It's not a normal mustache either... it's one of those evil vaudevillian villain ones. :lol: Still can't wait for this cast album. :D

I saw the picture of Gino on the main page deally and got all excited. :lol:

Lion_King_300
July 24th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Ooh... actually I think the first male singing (orange/brown shirt) in that clip is Mufasa, not Simba. That makes sense because Mufasa sings They Live in You.

The dude at the end in the white shirt is Simba for sure (remember I posted his pic earlier in the thread) and he doesn't have a moustache.

nathalie
July 24th, 2007, 09:04 AM
*wonders if someone would go with her to Paris to watch it*

haha

It's "only" a good 4 hour drive :p

Zaya
July 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Heh, I'm def going to see it in Paris in the coming year, just don't think it'll be before new years or maybe not before next summer. But I'm going, my friend works at the puppets department there, she just got the job =D

oh and for everyone to share, I did work experience at the Lion King a couple of days ago, so if anyone has any questions about the puppets or how things go round backstage, I'd be happy to share :)

nathalie
July 24th, 2007, 04:26 PM
You gotta let me know, haha, see it together? hehe

Zaya
July 24th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Btw, Nathalie, did you mention there was a London cast video recording floating around? :confused:

nathalie
July 24th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah, been trying to get it, but this person seems to be barely on-line, and I haven't seen him for a few weeks now :s

imported_Rafiki
July 25th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Whoa! It's been a long time since my last post! :eek:

I have a question: Do they sell the korean soundtrack somewhere? I tried ti find it, but I couldn't. It sounds so beautiful I must have it!

Nathalie: If you're able to get the video of the London cast, would you mind to share it with us? :cheese:

nathalie
July 25th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Rafiki, do you happen to have any German stuff maybe? (if you know what I mean? :p )

*if* I can get a hold of it, I can do something for someone who wants it, hehe ^^

imported_Rafiki
July 25th, 2007, 09:22 AM
mmhh.. :thinks: What do you mean... :lol:

No, sadly I haven't got a recording of the German cast... :( But I recorded a CoL clip that was shown on TV in the show "W?nsch dir was". I could try and get it on the computer if anyone's interested.

nathalie
July 25th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Ooooh, yes please :D

On what station was that and when? lol

imported_Rafiki
July 25th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Oh, I can't really remember... It was on ARD about a year ago? Or 1 1/2. I'll load it on my computer! :)

nathalie
July 25th, 2007, 10:33 AM
*gasp* why didn't I knew that, lol, since we get that station, hehe

now we're on about TV shows, does anyone have my clip still, which I uploaded a while ago, also from German TV (a fund-raising show), it was "Endless night" (and "He lives in you" I think).

It's still on my ex his PC (I hope), but apperently he isn't willing to burn my stuff so now I don't have that clip anymore :(
And he won't give me back my VHS where it's on eather.

Zaya
July 26th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Awwww, it was you Nathalie!! =D..Well I'm short on Lion King clips this days, what do I have...I have a poster and a signed program (but mostly just from the principals)...oh and I have a clip of "London Simbas" nothing-to-do-with-LK gig in London :(

I'm searching trough my old stuff tho, I might find something "new"...

imported_Rafiki
August 12th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Uhm,... Just to let you know: I'm working on getting that video clip onto my computer. :ayecapn:

Zaya
August 13th, 2007, 11:52 PM
This thread is dead again...come on people...HK, where are you, pictures, pictures, pictures! I'll share some right now, just let me find them :D

nathalie
August 13th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I only have pics of Legend of TLK Simba's left, haha

HasiraKali
August 14th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Hmm. :lol: I don't think I have any new pics. Let me check. :D

Zaya
August 14th, 2007, 12:19 AM
This thread is dead again...come on people...HK, where are you, pictures, pictures, pictures! I'll share some right now, just let me find them :D

there we go...

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3010/n5281174402031721454cg2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-08-13
the London Nalas and Simbas...and a gazelle in between

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3906/n528117440205557633vk2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-08-13
A whole bunch of people (London cast)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6200/n52811744020180582ky0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-08-13
The girls (lionesses) down in the bunker

HasiraKali
August 14th, 2007, 12:21 AM
And a random hyena looking thing in the background. :lol:
But I found a rather amusing picture of original Mufasa at the Lyceum. :lol:

Zaya
August 14th, 2007, 12:27 AM
haha, random hyena, that's Kyl, I should have some amusing ones too...let me see if I find more :D

HasiraKali
August 14th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Looook! :D

Josh Tower and Kissy Simmons
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/546033.jpg

;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/CoventGardenLightsf.jpg

Zaya
August 14th, 2007, 12:39 AM
yeah yeah yeah I know that one ;)

haha
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1514/n9052854134251644227pb8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-08-13

That's Jacqui Dubois as Rafiki, obviously

And we have a very random Scar here...
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5811/n9052854135958069090wz4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-08-13

Zaya
August 14th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Sorry for the double post

OMG, here, the weirdest thing on Earth, don't know if I've shown this but have a peak and then I'll delete it, isn't supposed to be up here lol
[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4379/dsc03141bg

you know who that is right...;)

HasiraKali
August 14th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Hahahahhahahahahah! :lol:

That's way too funny. :lol:

Zaya
August 14th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Don't you just love the feminine side of Simba ;) And that lovely mint green bathrobe..uh uh uh...how very sexy! :D

HasiraKali
August 14th, 2007, 12:52 AM
That looks like a chapel. Where was that taken?

Zaya
August 14th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Um, it was that November Covent Garden lights thing that you put a pic of up before...there's a lil church closeby and they got changed in there :)

nathalie
August 14th, 2007, 11:10 AM
http://images.fotopic.net/yo8ere.jpg

Another DLRP Simba from last Sunday :p

Zaya
August 14th, 2007, 03:57 PM
You love collecting those DLRP Simbas don't you Nathalie? I've got one for you, will post him laters ;)

nathalie
August 14th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Apperently I do, haha.

That Simba is from the 6pm show, but I also have pics from the 5pm show, haha.
Was a different one, but pics are kind of crappy, lol.

*edit*
+ Lieve filmed the show in April for me, with Marc *happy* haha

Zaya
August 14th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I couldn't keep up with the names, even all the Simbas playing around the States...I forgot most of them already...not Wallace and Josh cause they're obviously HK's favorites haha

there you go, Thomas Goodridge
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2948/goodridgeum5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

and him again
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1938/goodridge2uu3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

and the London show? Still no word? ;)

nathalie
August 14th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Cool thanks :D

I've had a chat with the person who has it last week, apperently he's quite busy, but you know me, I'll bug the *bleeps* out of him :lol:

Marc :p
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/Busa%20Simba/dp_30-07-2006.jpg

Zaya
August 14th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Ohhh, I remember marc, the one with the teeth!

nathalie
August 14th, 2007, 05:01 PM
No, the one with the big mouth :lol:

nathalie
August 22nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
I have pics of Korean Simba's :D

(got the information from the girl who posted the Korean clips on youtube)

Lee Kyung-soo. He's the first cast Simba, and he had played the same role in Japan before he came to Korea.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/Leeks2.jpg

Jo Sang-woong. He is younger than Lee and a new start. Originally he was in the ensemble but starred as Simba in February
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/m_JoSang-woong.jpg

HasiraKali
August 22nd, 2007, 11:08 PM
Ooooh Nathalie! That picture right there just made my day. :D :lol:

nathalie
August 22nd, 2007, 11:08 PM
Hehe, it is a great pic huh <3

HasiraKali
August 22nd, 2007, 11:10 PM
Are there more? Most of my TLKoB pictures are trapped on my old PC, so I'm going through withdrawals :lol:

nathalie
August 22nd, 2007, 11:15 PM
She gave me a few of each, I'll upload the others :p

Lee Kyung-soo
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/Leeks1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/Leeks3.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/LeeKyung-soo.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/m_LeeKyung-soo.jpg

Jo Sang-woong
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/JoSang-woong.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/Josw1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/Josw2.jpg

Zaya
August 22nd, 2007, 11:31 PM
ooo, it's happenin around here ;) I'm short on pics tho, BUT I'll be uploading something niiiice in a minute :D

HasiraKali
August 22nd, 2007, 11:36 PM
Ooooo I love that CYFtLT pic. :D

It's dinnertime. I'll bbiab... So don't delete anything until I come back. ;)

nathalie
August 22nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
I'd wait for them, but I'm too tired, haha.

1.41 am over here, so I'm off to bed ^^

HasiraKali
August 23rd, 2007, 12:32 AM
Hakuna Mafarta? :lol: Was it Gary that you said signed the thing lots of himself? :lol:

Zaya
August 23rd, 2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah, poor thing hahaha! Loved hakuna mafarta, that guy was sooo soo funny, but didn't get the chance to meet him properly cause he was off much at that time and I never seemed to be on the show when he was there...:(

I'll delete the lot now ;)

HasiraKali
August 23rd, 2007, 12:37 AM
I think I might have to say that more often. :lol: I'm adding so many new phrases to my vocabulary these days. :lol:

nathalie
August 23rd, 2007, 08:19 AM
Rehearsel pic (screenshot from a DVD) Holland.

Etienne and Carolina.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/friends119.jpg

Zaya
August 23rd, 2007, 09:29 AM
There you go, the Shanghai Nalas;
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5522/n7268663522150366624ie9.jpg

Zaya
August 23rd, 2007, 04:02 PM
The Lionesses in Hamburg;
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5697/n5687357039809059371uj0.jpg

Hamburg company, look at the giraffe guy, he looks like a penguin hahaha:
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3164/n5687357039808987476lk4.jpg

Hamburg hyena;
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3230/n568735703980915736iy4.jpg

Australian pride;
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/7594/n6174114193379222394za1.jpg

oh and Jackson Pinto as Simba (understudy London);
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7916/n6657304213621246013cn8.jpg

HasiraKali
August 23rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
Ooooo! I love that Hamburg lionesses one :D

Lion_King_300
August 24th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Great pictures Zaya!!! :cheese:

And now I found something that you will enjoy seeing - this is probably my most prized TLKOB possession that I have in my collection - It's a custom framed poster signed by the Los Angeles Cast, from the 2000-2001 season at Pantages Theatre.

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/tlkob_poster.JPG

It's so pretty and being the Ebay bargain hunter that I am I got an UN-believable deal on this - I'm pretty sure it was originally sold at an auction for hundreds of dollars, I don't even want to say how much I paid for it but I got very lucky!

Oh, but that's not all!

Zaya, when I was admiring all the signatures on the poster I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this:

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/brianmakiwane.JPG

OMG that is B! I seriously started freaking out when I saw this it is so cool. I had no idea he was even performing this far back, at this time he was probably just in the Ensemble or an understudy.

Can you ask him if he remembers signing the poster and maybe what it was for, like charity auction or something, and maybe what role he played at this time?

So that's my latest major addition to my TLKOB collection. Something that is extremely hard to find that I don't have is the TLKOB Tour truck, and also the TLKOB tote bag that was just released recently looks pretty cool, those are next on my list.

nathalie
August 24th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Wasn't Brian back then, in the ensamble?

*remembers something from Jay Leno where he was supposed to be on aswell*
+ that visuel recording from that 2000 show
I thought Zaya said he was on that too.

HasiraKali
August 25th, 2007, 03:07 AM
I think those posters were more than likely for an AIDS foundation. The Broadway and LA companies of a lot of shows usually give them as like incentives for donating so much to the foundation. They don't do it every performance though, it's on certain nights. I know that BC-EFA is one of the foundations.

HasiraKali
August 30th, 2007, 02:22 AM
I found some new pictures! :D

These two are from a site about the tickets for the South African production being available through December.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/1548.jpg
WHY IS IT SO SMALL?!?!?! GAH!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/1549.jpg

Some Hamburg shots...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/dkdl_pic04.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/felixsauerastimonhamburg.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/HBWrovT9_Pxgen_r_311xA.jpg
SMALL! GAH!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/loewen_150.jpg

And finally, the South African lionesses with Julie Taymor. Again with the smallness...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/SAlionessestaymor.jpg

nathalie
August 30th, 2007, 08:27 AM
In the Diddl magazine of this month, and previous month, there are articles about the young German Simba and Nala, hehe.

HasiraKali
August 31st, 2007, 01:11 AM
Has anyone heard anything about plans for a French cast recording?

nathalie
August 31st, 2007, 10:31 AM
No, not yet :(

I have heard about the Korean show though, there still isn't a cast CD and there most likely won't be one :(

HasiraKali
August 31st, 2007, 05:32 PM
Figures. Silly Disney Theatricals.

HasiraKali
September 2nd, 2007, 06:04 AM
Found another newish picture. :D

This is Carolina and the Hamburg Scar whose name escapes me at the moment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/scarnala7yc.jpg

HasiraKali
September 2nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
I feel like I'm spamming. :lol:

Buuuuuuuuut I finally found some South Africa info! :D

The cast list.
The cast
Sello Maake Ka-Ncube - Mufasa
Buyisile Zama ? Rafiki
Mark Rayment - Scar
Pierre van Heerden ? Pumbaa
Peter Mashiga ? Timon
Andile Gumbi ? Simba
Lyall Ramsden ? Zazu
Simon Gwala ? Bazai
Michael Bagg ? Ed
Candida Mosoma ? Shenzi
Tsholofelo Monedi ? Nala
Zoe Mthiyane ? Sarabi

Aaaand a picture! :D
This is Sello Maake Ka-Ncube as Mufasa. It didn't say who Simba was.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/sellomaake-kancube.jpg

And now I'm off to Google these people to see what I can find out. :D

OMG YOU GUYS!! I JUST FOUND A BOATLOAD OF SA PICTURES!!! =D

nathalie
September 2nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Haha, Amanda, you busy bee you :p

Pumbaa sounds awfully Dutch, hehe

HasiraKali
September 2nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah he does. :lol: But doesn't South Africa have a rather high percentage of people with Dutch decent?

Alrighty the... prepare for picspam! :D I found 20 more pictures.

Here we go. :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/lionking001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/lionking000.jpg

These are the ones that killed me...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0000021340.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0000021338.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0000021337.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0000021336.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0000021335.jpg

HasiraKali
September 2nd, 2007, 07:08 PM
Part 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0000021334.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0000021333.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0.962874001181303647.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0.747061001181304588.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0.677850001181305124.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0.329602001181304787.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0.119796001181304328.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0.015442001181304497.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0000021339.jpg

nathalie
September 2nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
Oooh, Simba's :D

Darn, I'm not on my own laptop, can't save them :(

Hehe, that last one is awesome :lol:

And I can't recall I ever knew Rafiki had that "thing" on her behind, haha.

*edit*
the Simba, also played in Australia
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=114441184

HasiraKali
September 2nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Yeah. :)

EDIT: This Mufasa was a West End Mufasa.

This is just one of those days... this one is from Hamburg...

The way he's looking at her is a bit creepy... :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/a2134afec9.jpg

Oh yes. It is a good day.

nathalie
September 2nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
Leave these pics up here till Tuesday will ya, haha, so that I can save some when I get back home ^^

HasiraKali
September 2nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
They're not going anywhere. ;)

Lion_King_300
September 3rd, 2007, 04:24 AM
OMG great pics Amanda, TY!!!

I browsed the international sites recently - unfortunately I found out that the South Korean production is going to close after over a year of shows. Here is a commercial advertising the grand finale:

Korean Lion King Finale (http://cafe.daum.net/shiki4ever)

Too bad they didn't come out with a cast album.

HasiraKali
September 3rd, 2007, 05:53 AM
That sucks about the Korean production. Maybe they'll surprise us and release an album. :D Doubt it honestly, but one can hope right? ;)

You should have heard the squeals when this one, the first one I found, popped up. :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/South%20Africa/0000021333.jpg

nathalie
September 4th, 2007, 01:38 PM
hehe HK ... it is a cool pic yeah ^^

me is home again, *saves Simba pics* :p

Zaya
September 9th, 2007, 09:20 PM
OMG people so much happening here, I'm sorry I was off for so long, had loads of work!

But here I am answering the questions:

LK3, yeah that's Brian signed right there (Brian Makiwane), he started performing at the Pentages in 2000, he auditioned for the role of Simba but as most of you won't know, they wouldn't take a South African for the role of Simba in the States, so he got into the ensemble (aka the right- from a viewers point-animal with sticks hahahaha) Btw the guys doin that are also the leads in one by one, are grass-heads in grassland chants, hyenas and wilderbeasts and they're back vocals at all the songs.

Actually, cause he performed so well they offered him the Simba role in London (cause in england they didn't really care about his nationality not being English or American or whatever) and fired the original London cast Simba, umm...what was he, Roger something (so the poor guy ended up in the legend of the lion king in Paris)

Brian was actually the first South African who got the role of Simba.

I'll ask him bout the poster if I'll remember.
(btw got one of those posters back home, got it as a leaving gift, they sign them for different occasions tho, sometimes just for friends, sometimes for auctions)

God, HK, those pics of South Africa!! It's Andile as Simba!!! He's my besties boyfriend, she's gonna go woooohooooo when she sees the pics hahaha! Have to send them to her RIGHT NOW!

Yes, he was Simba understudy and ensemble member in Australia; both Sidney and Melbourne and he performed in Shanghai too.

Anything else I forgot to tell!?! :D

HasiraKali
September 15th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Guess what! :D

I just found this little article here. http://www.loganreynolds.com/artist/Roni/index.htm

I have no idea how accurate it is, but my sister was telling me today that she saw it on another Broadway site too. She was going to send me the link but she hasn't yet. Anyway, Wallace is going to be Simba on Broadway! :D I'm so excited for him.

And on an unrelated note: Have any of you been to the DisneyStore site lately? I totally want THIS (http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DSIProductDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10051&productId=1210955&langId=-1&categoryId=15014)
Anyone? :lol:

nathalie
September 15th, 2007, 09:39 AM
I saw that bag, hated it *blush* haha

I liked those bracelets though ... not to wear, just to have, haha.

But can't order directly from the website, stupid 30 ? border-costs :grrr:

HasiraKali
September 16th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Also, Clifton Oliver, the original LA Simba is in the touring cast that's in Hawaii right now. http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=7073884

Sharifu
September 16th, 2007, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
I liked those bracelets though ... not to wear, just to have, haha.

I have the first original charm bracelet, which I got at London last year. I really like it. Even a lot of the women in my family liked it and asked me about it when they saw me wear it. :p

I would like to have the new color charm bracelet.

HasiraKali
September 16th, 2007, 04:24 AM
I still need to get the second one. It's my next purchase from there I think.

Lion_King_300
September 17th, 2007, 04:04 AM
I'm SO happy for Wallace that he landed the role on Broadway, it really shows his talent and hard work! He's my fav Simba actor too, and now I feel especially privileged to have met him in San Jose last year.

I saw that tote bag too, and I thought that button flap thing on the top looked really weird, but I'll definitely be getting it soon - along with the color charm bracelet. I was thinking about waiting until the next time I see the show but I don't know when that's going to be!

This most recent stretch of time since January when I saw it in Orlando with Hasira_Kali is actually the longest (9 months) that I've gone without seeing TLKOB since I first saw it in December 2004 and the pangs are starting to come back again with a vengance! :evilgrin:

To temporarily satiate myself I just bought a huge lot of TLKOB stuff off Ebay from a cast member in the touring company, check it out! (According to her,these are only available to cast members and not the general public, I've never seen either)

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/tlkob_tote.JPG
I like this style tote bag a little better than the Disney store one, it has inner pockets too and the logo is bigger.

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/tlkob_jacket.JPG
I've only seen this jacket a couple times before on Ebay and I made sure to win it this time, I couldn't believe it fit me just right! It actually had the cast member's name on the front right chest which I am in the process of sewing a TLKOB logo patch over (which also happened to fit perfectly over her name - just my luck) - I wish my name was Brianna but unfortunately it isn't.

I also got the promotional TLKOB sales video (which is actually just the 5 minute TLKOB video from lionking.net that shows Rosie and David Letterman, plus a couple extra minutes of footage)

And some various U.S. National Tour stuff like the watch, keychain and button:

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/tlkob_stuff.JPG

All of her auctions ended Sunday night so I was expecting a bidding war but for some reason nobody bid and I was able to get all of this for $50.

I :love: eBay.

Oh yeah - and I also just got the book called "A Day at the New Amsterdam Theatre" which pretty much just chronicles a day of the TLKOB production sometime in 2005 from the wee hours of the morning to well after midnight when the janitors are cleaning out the seats.

It's a great book with some wonderful, rare photographs behind the scenes, it even shows stuff like the secret behind the "waterfall scene" with Timon rushing out of the elevator to get back on stage in the 15-second time frame he has in that scene.

The book is very hard to find - but if you can find it I highly recommend it.

Zaya
September 17th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Awww, that bag, yes, only available for cast and crew members :)

HasiraKali
September 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I've got that book. It's available on Amazon isn't it? That's where I got it. I also saw it at the Disney Store in NY and in Downtown Disney. It's an interesting book. :)

I need to get some stuff on ebay, but I also need to be good with my money. :lol: I'm getting ready to go to grad school next fall so I can get a "real job". :lol: Then I'll be able to afford more TLK stuff. :D

HasiraKali
September 18th, 2007, 04:31 PM
New pic alert! As I said in a previous post, Clifton Oliver has rejoined the TLK cast. He's with the Cheetah company, which is currently in Hawaii. That means Wallace has moved on. I don't think he's on Broadway yet, but he's on his way. :D Here's a picture of Clifton.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/clifton.jpg

EDIT: Make that three new pictures. :lol: I just found these two. These are also of the Cheetah company in Hawaii. That means that the Gazelle company is opening in Dallas later this week... maybe I don't want to drive up there then. :lol: ;)

Some random lionesses...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/cheetahhawaii.jpg

Geno Segers and Trevor Jackson...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/MufasaGenoSegersleftandSimbaTrevorJ.jpg

Zaya
September 24th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Wanted to tell I had an idea of taking yall for a Lion King backstage tour if we could arrange to meet up in London in the future...but after a lovely phone call I got told I could take a max of 2 people...watch out...including me, lol...So I though it would be unfair to pick one :( But hey, if we do ever get to meet up, I promise to introduce Brian aka Simba and Gary aka Banzai to yall :)

HasiraKali
September 24th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Two people period or two people per night? I hate being on this side of the ocean sometimes. :lol:

nathalie
September 25th, 2007, 08:50 AM
That's "odd" lol, you can take 2 people including yourself.

So it's like going out with yourself, hehe.

Zaya
September 26th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Ahaha, nooo, It's because I'd be a visitor too since I'm not working there anymore...and a crew employee is allowed to have two visitors for a backstage tour. A cast employee isn't allowed to have anybody for that matter, LOL.

But you're making a point the HK, hahaha :lol:

Sharifu
September 26th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Aww Zaya, why couldn't you do that last summer? :p (Although Brian wasn't there that night) But still I would absolutely love to go on a TLKoB backstage tour...

HasiraKali
September 30th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Here's an interesting TLKoB related article from Playbill.com :)

The Lion King Recording Jumps Up on Billboard Cast Albums Chart
By Ernio Hernandez
20 Sep 2007

The cast recording of The Lion King roars up the Billboard's Top Cast Album chart to place fourth on the countdown.

Decca Broadway's Wicked continues to remain atop the chart, a position it has held since the chart's debut in January 2006. Rhino's Jersey Boys and Mamma Mia! (also on Decca) are right behind.

Walt Disney's The Lion King, which jumps three spots from last week and Decca Broadway's Spring Awakening round out the top five.

Ghostlight Records' The Drowsy Chaperone re-enters the chart at No. 14. Entries from last season, Legally Blonde (Ghostlight Records), Mary Poppins (London cast on Walt Disney) and Curtains ( Broadway Angel/Manhattan) also appear on the chart.

Along with Wicked, the cast recordings of Mamma Mia!, Monty Python's Spamalot and Avenue Q have remained on Billboard's Top Cast Album Chart for the full 90 weeks since the chart's inception.

Legally Blonde recently joined the company of those that have unseated the release of Stephen Schwartz's Wicked, which has topped the chart for 81 of the 90 weeks the chart has been published. The only other recordings to topple the stronghold are Spring Awakening, the Columbia Records two-disc "Harry On Broadway" release (with Broadway's The Pajama Game revival and selections of Connick, Jr.'s Thou Shalt Not) and The Color Purple for one week each. Jersey Boys enjoyed a four-week run at No. 1 following its Tony win and also reclaimed the top spot the week of Feb. 8.

Billboard added the Top Cast Albums chart to its listings Jan. 12, 2006. The chart measures sales of albums from stage musicals. Broadway recordings mostly fill the 15-slot table, but cast albums from other locales are also eligible. The addition of the chart to Billboard's 112 charts generates exposure for the genre which does not often chart on the Billboard 200. The Schwartz musical, which opened on Broadway in October 2003 (album released Dec. 16, 2003) appeared at the top of the first chart.

Billboard can be found on the web at www.billboard.com. Full charts are available by subscription at www.billboard.biz.

HasiraKali
October 5th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Lion King opened in France tonight. I'm on the lookout for photos. I'm thinking there might actually be a cast recording for this cast.

http://www.leroilion.fr/ It looks like all of the photos on the site are from the German production.

HasiraKali
October 5th, 2007, 08:42 PM
French photo. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/leroilion460.jpg

imported_kiara
October 5th, 2007, 09:31 PM
.. i just have to add this cuz im so excited that its only 11 days left till ill see the show myself :D finally ..

Lion_King_300
October 5th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Hey that's great Kiara!!! I'm so excited for you, I know you've been waiting a very long time. I still remember my first time seeing TLKoB and I hope it's just as magical and memorable for you. Seeing it at the Lyceum in London, right?

FINALLY the French production opened! :wow: I would be just shocked if they didn't release a cast album, most likely it's already out and available at the Mogador theatre gift shop.

To celebrate the opening of the Le Roi Lion, here's a link to an audio version (mp3) of the beautiful Il Vit en Toi (He Lives in You) music video that I converted so you can put it onto an ipod or burn onto a CD.

Features the current cast members:

Zama Magudulela as Rafiki, Jee-L as Mufasa, J?r?my Fontanet as Simba, and various ensemble members.

Il Vit en Toi (http://students.washington.edu/tim300/il_vit_en_toi.mp3)

(Right-click and "Save link as")

HasiraKali
October 6th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Sweet! :D

Hey Tim, where have you beeeeeen?! How's it going?

Sharifu
October 6th, 2007, 04:49 AM
Seeing it at the Lyceum in London, right?

Kiara is seeing the show in New York. ;)

Lion_King_300
October 6th, 2007, 10:43 AM

Hey Tim, where have you beeeeeen?! How's it going? [/B]

I'm doing great!!! It's 3:30 AM and I just got home from work (I had a very very good night ;))

Otherwise I just started my final quarter at the University of Washington finishing up my journalism degree and I'm taking a full load of classes so I'm pretty busy.

After I graduate in a couple months I'm planning a trip go see TLKOB at one of the touring cities - haven't chosen exact dates yet - and I'm going to try catch performances on at least two nights and make arrangements to interview some of the actors and crew as well. I'll write a couple articles and freelance a bit and see where that goes.

I applied for a PR internship with Walt Disney World starting in January, officially titled "Media Relations" so if I can somehow land that job I can set my foot in the door and hopefully get a chance to do some PR work for Disney Theatrical as well - or more specifically TLKoB which would be my DREAM job!

I hope everything's going well with you too - I remember you saying you're going back to school soon?

I should probably stay on topic here, but at least send me a PM!

----------

YAAAAY Kiara you're be at the Minskoff Theatre! I totally wasn't even aware you're leaving next week for New York - shows how much I follow what people are doing around here :woeisme:

I'm excited for you, as *cough*Hasira_kali*cough* would say, that you're finally losing your TLKoB virginity!

It will be worth the wait, and be sure to set aside some money to get souvenirs at the gift shop!

----

And Amanda that new avvy is SO COOL!!! I'm going to change mine soon, I'll try do something a little different too. That ghost mask is starting to creep me out a bit. :eww:

And I probably shouldn't be spoiling what it looks like to TLKoB virgins, since that is my favorite scene in the whole show.

And HLIY reprise is still leading the poll in this thread too, still holding a slight lead on CoL!

imported_kiara
October 6th, 2007, 02:23 PM
uhm, yea thats right, im going to NY on friday the 12th, seeing TLKoB the 17th 8pm :p Thanks for telling Audra, i totally forgot this thread ^^;

I have no idea what theatre it is, Shat hasnt print out tickets yet or told me where it is but is there more than one theatre? .. I looked up on Google and found a Lyceum in NY as well ..

HasiraKali
October 6th, 2007, 05:00 PM
You might get to see Wallace! :D I haven't been able to find out exactly when he's starting on Broadway, but I know he's not on the tour anymore. I hope you enjoy the show. :)

Zaya
October 7th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Kiara enjoy the show to the max! Tell us all about it afterwards, we're always glad to hear it :D

And yeah, the french one officialy opened on Thursday, I hope I'll be able to get hold of some tickets soon and a signed program ( I was invited for the opening night and party but couldn't make it because it's still quite far away from home... and my wallet won't permit it... But I heared it was amazing, Rafiki was jawdroppin, so was Mufasa...I'm not sure how Simba was :)

Will keep you posted if I get something new on that :)

HasiraKali
October 18th, 2007, 06:22 PM
I find this funny in a weird way.

Lion King Is Crime Victim
Oct 16, 2007 11:47 PM
By Beth Hillyer
HONOLULU (KHNL) - One of the stars of the hit production, "The Lion King" was the talk of the Honolulu Police station today.
The man who plays "Mufasa" was there because he got ripped off during his first week on island.
Lion King Mufasa has been vowing crowds around the world and here in Hawaii.
With his amazing voice and elaborate costumes Mufasa delights those in the audience.
But actor Geno Segers wasn't delighted when he found himself a crime victim.
Someone stole his only mode of transportation, his bike. "I was here for about a week, went out to get my bike and my bike was gone."
He doesn't have a rental car. Here for three months he uses the bike to get around "My mode of transportation is my bicycle. I brought it from St. Louis to Cleveland to Honolulu which cost me quite a whack. "
It's worth about one thousand dollars including shipping and custom upgrades. "I was riding through Ala Moana park and I saw a bike that looked like mine. I had a bit of an obsession and I checked again on closer look it couldn't have been anybody else bike but mine." Police arrested the suspect sleeping under Seger's bike. he told police bought the bike off someone else. Now Segers is reunited with his bike. he says the audiences here are the best he's encountered in his four years touring and he doesn't harbor any ill feelings about his stolen bike.
What you may not know about the man in the Lion King costume Geno Segers is from North Carolina but lives in Australia. He played professional rugby and is a business entrepreneur.. Like his character Mufasa, he also has a son.

Now... is anyone else picturing Geno riding around on a bike in full costume? :lol:

HasiraKali
October 19th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Look! First pic of Wallace on Broadway! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/Lion-King-Kissy-C-web.jpg
Nala is Kissy Simmons of course. :)

From this article: http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2007/10/18/tune-thursday-sorry-but-kissy-simmons-won-t-kiss-and-tell-about-her-time-in-broadway-s-the-lion-king.aspx

imported_kiara
October 20th, 2007, 12:33 AM
yea, so i saw the show 2 days ago and i dont really have time now to tell about it all, but once i have been uploading all pics and stuff, and when im back in sweden again ill let ya all know

all i can say about it now is that it was assome :D

Lion_King_300
October 20th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Great article about Kissy Simmons and how she got enraptured by the show and landed the role! I remember seeing her the only time I got to see the show in NYC in Summer 2005, she was unbelievable. By far the strongest voice of any Nala actress and one of the few things I do remember about that particular performance was her rendition of shadowland.

And YAAAY for Wallace on Broadway! I knew he'd get there eventually, I hope he's there to stay - at least as long as Kissy.

Now let's all guess what she does during Act I that she doesn't want to talk about...

1) Spends some "quality time" alone with Wallace backstage since neither have to get ready until a half-hour into the show. :rawr:

2) Watches/listens to some kind of TV program or music to relax before the show, but is too embarrassed to reveal :eww:

3) Gets a full-body massage in a private suite in the theatre to relax her muscles, doesn't want to reveal to make the rest of the cast envious

I'm leaning towards #1 since Kissy really seemed to get along *well* with the former Broadway Simba Josh Tower, and I think she's still playing the field.

------

Anyway, so glad to hear you enjoyed TLKoB Kiara, can't wait to hear a more detailed story and some pics when you get back!

------

And that's sad that someone stole Geno's bike, I'm really glad that he got it back. Geno = The BEST Mufasa EVER. He deserves more. My bold prediction is that he will be on Broadway before 2010. Quote me on it!

HasiraKali
October 20th, 2007, 04:40 PM
I'm guessing she does something totally embarrassing. Or maybe yoga. She seems like the yoga type. :lol:

Geno is the best Mufasa ever. :D Followed very closely by Rufus Bonds, Jr. :D Then Nathaniel.

Can't wait to hear about your trip Kiara! :)

I found another picture today. :D

This is Vicky Ekanoye from the current London cast. :D There aren't enough picture of Sarabi.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/VickyEkanoye.jpg

HasiraKali
October 22nd, 2007, 03:34 PM
I feel like I'm the only one here anymore. :( I miss y'all.

Here's another article with pictures of how they apply Rafiki's makeup. :D

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2007/Oct/21/il/hawaii710210304.html

imported_kiara
October 22nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Sooo .. Im back home .. All depressed and sad and miss my buddy and US oh so much i cant describe it :(

I just uploaded all pics from my trip, and so also the ones from TLKoB, even if it was forbidden to take pics, i did try to take one of the scene .. Another one took one after the show ofthe bowing, and i wanted to do so too but .. I did record whole show on mp3 tho XD .. (and forgot the mp3 at Shats place, so he better send it back here once he find it). I thought the ghost of Mufasa was really cool and tried figure out how the heck they did that with the light .. O_o But i kinda liked the opening scene most so .. They solved lots of things in the show really good, like the stampede .. and it was pretty much what i expected, ive heard others seen it and such ..

I got some TLK stuffs too (http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/TRAVELING/NEW%20YORK%202007%20October%2012th-20th/?action=view&current=PA220003.jpg)
The plushies and the drink thing is from the Disney Store in the Walden Galleria in Buffalo tho .. The puzzle and memory i got on Amsterdams airport. I got the TLKoB CD finally on the concert itself .. i mean show .. the Nightwish concert was the day after :woeisme: (i got a NW cd and the last DVD in buffalo as well, and their new cd in London, so have things from all around the world now XD) .. so wheee :D I was also gonna buy this one (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/TRAVELING/NEW%20YORK%202007%20October%2012th-20th/October%2017th%20-%20TLKoB/PA180202.jpg) but never did, and forgot to buy THIS ONE (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/TRAVELING/NEW%20YORK%202007%20October%2012th-20th/October%2017th%20-%20TLKoB/PA180203.jpg) too :gasp: I forgot it, and will never forgive myself for that >.< It was so beautiful and played CoL ... I was like so wanted to buy every thing i saw, and i had enough money for that, but im glad i didnt do now, cuz then i wouldnt have money enough now to go back to US in december ..
On another note that Shat (especially) and i found funny was that the Nokia Theater (the concert) and Minskoff Theater (the show) was in the same building XD (see here (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/TRAVELING/NEW%20YORK%202007%20October%2012th-20th/October%2017th%20-%20TLKoB/PA180223.jpg))

The theater and trip and day as well can be found here (http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/TRAVELING/NEW%20YORK%202007%20October%2012th-20th/October%2017th%20-%20TLKoB/?start=80) ...