PDA

View Full Version : Musical Looking for TLKoB midis

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Sharifu
April 25th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Lion_King_300
I heard reviews saying Gugwana Dlamini is an incredible Rafiki, wish we got to see her. Oh well.

Did she recently join the US touring cast? I mean I've seen TLKoB with that same cast 3 times before seeing it in San Jose.

Zaya
April 25th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I know she left London last April, so don't really know...I heard she was part of the international cast then...

Lucy Lioness
April 25th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Zaya
I know she left London last April, so don't really know...I heard she was part of the international cast then...

I saw the show last March, so I might have seen her. Her picture is in my programme, but I couldn't say I recognised her in her costume, so it may have been an understudy? But the woman who played Rafiki in the show I saw was fantastic.

:D

Zaya
April 25th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I bet it was her, I don't think understudys ever got to sing when she was with the show ;)...Did they say anything about the understudies before the show? :confused:...Don't you get a little paper with the programme if someone is being replaced for that show?

Lucy Lioness
April 25th, 2006, 03:27 PM
I don't remember, lol. They did announce who Rafiki was played by just before the show started, but I can't remember who it was, lol. I don't know if that's usual.

Zaya
April 25th, 2006, 03:32 PM
If they announce it then it means it's an understudy ;)

HasiraKali
April 26th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Just got home again. :D Night of the understudies. :lol: Not too bad really. And I made a friend at the merchandise stand. :lol: He was bringing stuff over for me to look at and being really nice and friendly. :) He was telling me that some things are being discontinued once they run out here and that some new stuff is coming in on Thursday. ;) I'll post pictures of the stuff I picked up tonight tomorrow sometime.

Still haven't made it to the door yet. :( My sister said she's dragging me back there next week. I'm nervous. >.> <.<

Lion_King_300
April 26th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by HasiraKali

Still haven't made it to the door yet. :( My sister said she's dragging me back there next week. I'm nervous. >.> <.<

Ohh... don't make me come over there! :gasp:

Please, do it for me, for yourself, and for the rest of us! What a great story you will have to tell everyone and memories that you met Simba himself! Isn't that what you always wanted and dreamed of?

Don't be nervous - they're not gods or world-famous Hollywood stars, just normal people like you and me that work together to bring an amazing story to life.

It would be a good idea to go in a group rather than by yourself. Maybe you can even get your parents to come with you? Or perhaps make friends with someone in the theatre and offer to go get autographs together. I think that might ease the nervousness, I would have been more nervous going by myself but with Audra and Eric there it was easy.

One thing's for sure, if you keep saying "I'll be there next week" pretty soon you'll run out of weeks!

HasiraKali
April 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah I know. :( I'm too shy. It might be easier if my best TLKbuddy was around but he's not here right now. I'm going next week I swear. Even if I throw up all over the place, at least I'll have a story. :lol:

nathalie
April 26th, 2006, 07:51 PM
o_O I'm pulling out all my trics since last year to get to Paris and London, and you are seeing the show every week?

That amount of money will almost equel the cost of my trips :lol:

HasiraKali
April 26th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah. >.> <.< Still have 4 more times. But then it'll be gone and I'll have no idea when it's coming back. :( Unless I go up to Houston :lol:

Sharifu
April 26th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Really go see them! They are really nice normal people just like us! :lol: Really when you talk to them, you can tell they're really flattered and they don't think they're anymore speical then us.

Wallace is sooo nice. Hehe.

Zaya
May 3rd, 2006, 02:16 PM
Got bored today, surfed the net and found this picture....I was like all crazy!!! Loooook there's London Simba, wearing a "one by one" dress, beign part of the original Los Angeles cast...at the Jay Leno show! ;)) Just needed to share with someone, got all hyper cause of it ;)

http://thesellingpoint.net/images/lkla/Leno01.jpg

btw. If anyone saw this or recorded (tho i doubt...it must have been like 5 years ago :( ), he or she will be rewarded for any information :lol:

HasiraKali
May 3rd, 2006, 02:48 PM
The link isn't working for me. :( Buuuut... I did record this. ;) I don't have a way to get it uploaded though. :(

Gazelle
May 3rd, 2006, 02:52 PM
if any of you get this cast in your city you should DEFiNiTLY talk to them!!!! They are so funny, and so nice!!!

i had a coffee with Wallace, Derek, Damian & Phil. (simba ,zazu, timon, pumbaa) They're so nice! Phil is halarious. He brought his boy friend with him:

Phil- "Steve, this is my best pal, Timmy!"
Damian- "Eh heheh, you're so funny."
Wallace- "You two better stop before you scare the kid away."
Derek- "Aw nah, Gaz loves us too much. i wouldn't be suprised if she followed us the rest of the tour."

Derek actully gave me a free Zazu (the white broadway version) plushie! AH! i hugged him to death!!! <3

i was in a TLKoB workshop last summer 4 times, twice as Timon (which was hell actully), once as Zazu (my all time favorite roll of mine), and once as a Tech intern. So it was really fun to talk to them about what it's like to do it for so long...while TRAViLiNG!!! They shared some really funny stories like rehersal screw ups, or what goes on back stage. ironicly enough Derek shares his dressing room with 'Scar'(name Eric i think), Damian with 'Ed', and Phil with Wallace and 'Bonzi'. ;)

They are the sweetest people on the planet! i'm going to miss them so much! Kali, they haven't left yet right? i reeeaaally want to show up at the stage door some night so i can see them again <3

PS- Why isn't The Madness of King Scar or The Morning Report on the poll?! :gasp:

HasiraKali
May 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
They're leaving May 21st I think. Wanna go with me to the door? That would really help. :lol: I'm not a psyco murderer, you can ask Ayers. :lol:

Zaya
May 3rd, 2006, 03:02 PM
Here's the pick, downloaded it, hope it works now:

http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brianla27gl.jpg

the guy all the way left, at the back, blue-orange :lol:

Gazelle
May 3rd, 2006, 06:34 PM
They're leaving May 21st I think. Wanna go with me to the door? That would really help. :lol: I'm not a psyco murderer, you can ask Ayers. :lol:

LOL. i talked to ayers today, and just so you know he remembers you! :cheese: He said "Oh yeah, she was one of the few who LiKED me." LOL. Not to put you on the spot or anything, and i promise i wont tell, but really...did you like Ayers or were you completly devoted to Fraser? i've seen some pictures and heard stories about Ayer's first years at NESA and how nobody liked him. So sad.

Gazelle...that's amazing :) Isn't it just great to watch them talk about their "backstage things" :D and share it with you..you actually feel like talking with old friends :D

i LOVED talking to actors at stage doors so much! especally here because it's hardly anyone every goes to the stage door! it's semi kinda sorta hard to find. Atleast if your seats arnt near the front on the floor level. (the door guard is like my best friend!) And since their hotel is literily 10 yards away, so they're never in a hurry. i've had great converstations with casts and such but NOTHiNG like THEM! i heartz them!!! :D

Zaya
May 3rd, 2006, 06:50 PM
Haha, the big happy lion family,I miss that sort of thing...I used to go eat breakfasts with them before the matinees and they were always acting crazy, making fun of some random guy in te ensemble who's pants once fell down on stage and had his whole but on display singing all happy :lol:...I even went to the backstage place a few times and I almost died laughing cause they were making this stupid faces when getting painted and constantly imitated each other as in "how you acted or perform on stage" :D...

anyway don't want to spam this tread :), am still looking for somebody with the Jay Leno show...anybody? :(

nathalie
May 3rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
I can't find anything on the episode, no date, no episode number, and checking aaaaaaaaaaall of them on the Jay Leno episode guide, that'll take weeks.

Otherwhise, it would make things easier looking on LimeWire.

Zaya
May 3rd, 2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, been checking that too...I know it was either 2000 or 2001, or maybe start of 2002?..don't think there is anything on LimeWire...well at least I'd have to know the episode number...but maybe Hasirakali knows it if she recorded it? :confused:

HasiraKali
May 3rd, 2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Gazelle
LOL. i talked to ayers today, and just so you know he remembers you! :cheese: He said "Oh yeah, she was one of the few who LiKED me." LOL. Not to put you on the spot or anything, and i promise i wont tell, but really...did you like Ayers or were you completly devoted to Fraser? i've seen some pictures and heard stories about Ayer's first years at NESA and how nobody liked him. So sad.

Yeah I like Ayers. It was difficult at first because his style is so different from Frazier's. He was the teacher I honoured at the suma reception when I graduated. He wore a Winnie the Pooh tie. :lol:

And which door do you go to? The one inside the theater house left or the one in the alley? I don't know which one to go to which is another part of my problem. :hmm:

Oh and the Leno performance was right after the show opened in LA so around 2000 or so? I'm not sure of the exact date.

Zaya
May 3rd, 2006, 07:42 PM
I found something...the only performance I got was Season 10, episode 2133, but that was in February 2001 :)...now let us begin with the digging ;)

but it's like different from page to page :confused:

HasiraKali
May 3rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
I searched that Season and episode but it's coming up as being in October 2001 and I know it wasn't that late. :confused: I'll go look for my VHS with it on it in a bit.

nathalie
May 3rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
October 2001 will do, the database I found (I putted the url somewhere ...) did only show them by number, but when you clicke on it, it showed the date aswell.

HasiraKali
May 3rd, 2006, 08:52 PM
I know. I looked in season 10 episode 2133. But I don't think it was after September 11. :confused:

Zaya
May 3rd, 2006, 09:00 PM
Usualy they invite them right after the show starts tho ...but maybe it really was that late...in October 2001...cause of the dreadlocks..nevermind ;) well I can't really find that episode anyway...Oh Limewire, you useless thing you ;)...:tears:....

Lion_King_300
May 4th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Hi Gaz,

That's really cool to hear that you were involved with the show! I'm really curious to hear what the TLKOB workshop was like, being female how did you get to do the roles of Timon and Zazu? It sounds like it was a lot of fun. Please share any more stories you have with the cast members if you remember any.

P.S. I'm also a little confused, it seems that you and Hasira_Kali go back a ways, but who is "Ayers?"

Good luck going to the stage door, maybe you can help Amanda finally meet Wallace and the others! Be sure to take some pics.

HasiraKali
May 4th, 2006, 03:08 AM
P.S. I'm also a little confused, it seems that you and Hasira_Kali go back a ways, but who is "Ayers?"

Good luck going to the stage door, maybe you can help Amanda finally meet Wallace and the others! Be sure to take some pics.

Gaz goes to the same high school I went to. :lol: Tis a crazy coinkydink. :D I really want her to help me out. :lol: And Ayers is the technical theater teacher/director there. He gave me a Financing for Dummies book for graduation in December. :lol:

Lion_King_300
May 4th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Alrighty, thanks for clearing that up! I thought Ayers was one of your teachers or something :lol:

I wish I knew someone at my high school that liked TLK. When's the next time you're going to see it Hasira_Kali?

Sharifu
May 4th, 2006, 08:04 AM
I finally voted in this poll, even after all this time of posting in this topic. :p I picked The Circle of Life, just because I love all the animals and it's just a really neat part of the show. (Shadowlands is my favorite TLKoB song though)

HasiraKali and Tim, I love your new avatars! And Zaya I always liked yours. ^^

Lion_King_300
May 4th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks Sharifu! It's nearly impossible to find TLK media footage showing Mufasa's ghost mask from TLKOB reprise (I think it's shown only once in any video media online, does anyone know how I got the avatar pic?)

And no I did not take this picture in the theater! :evilgrin:

Gosh, it seems so long ago that I wrote this poll, and if I could go back in time I wish I would have changed it to "favorite song/scene" and included the dances like Lioness Hunt and Shadowland in place of "Jungle" and "Elephant Graveyard" which aren't very specific. And what was I thinking when I put "Circle of Life reprise" as a choice??? :idiot: But then again it only gives me 10 options and there are more than 10 songs in the show, so I'd have to cut some out anyways.

I actually asked the mods a while ago if I could change the poll but it had already gotten underway so we decided to keep it the way it is, oh well.

I knew it was going to be between "Circle of Life" and "He Lives in You Reprise" the two most powerful and memorable parts of TLKOB, both of them have been leading the poll at one point or another and Circle of Life is only one vote behind... though I voted for HLIY it was a virtual toss-up for me.

Still can't wait to hear about the TLKOB Workshop and what went down in there!

HasiraKali
May 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Alrighty, thanks for clearing that up! I thought Ayers was one of your teachers or something :lol:

I wish I knew someone at my high school that liked TLK. When's the next time you're going to see it Hasira_Kali?

Tomorrow. :D And where did you get the picture in your new avvie? :D

HasiraKali
May 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
I finally voted in this poll, even after all this time of posting in this topic. :p I picked The Circle of Life, just because I love all the animals and it's just a really neat part of the show. (Shadowlands is my favorite TLKoB song though)

HasiraKali and Tim, I love your new avatars! And Zaya I always liked yours. ^^

Gina Emnes from Hamburg. I flipped out when I saw the pic. :lol: I've actually been finding a lot of pretty cool ones that I'd never seen before. :D

Zaya
May 4th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Sharifu, thank you :) I believe you already read about who that is, but anyway,it's Alexia Khadime (London TLK)....

LK300 - I have one pic of the He lives in you part...but I believe you've alread seen it...but I'll check the clips I have...

So you say Gino ha ;) is it just that specific pic or is it Gino in general :lol: lemme find something then...

p.s.:Gino sings on the Hamburg the lion king cd you know...

nathalie
May 4th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I have stuff from Gino aswell on DVD (bonus DVD that came with the Dutch CD), since he replaced the original Dutch Simba for a little while.

HasiraKali
May 4th, 2006, 08:30 PM
So I got my VHS with that Leno performance on it found. :) I watched it last night, and it was funny... not meant to be but it was. I asked my friend about getting it transfered to a computer so I can upload if for y'all and she said she just needed to get the equipment from her mum when she goes back to the house. So I'm not sure when I'll have it up but hopefully not too far from now. :)

Zaya
May 4th, 2006, 08:41 PM
:wow: wohaaaaaa *dances, dances*...I'm gonna see London Simba in the orangeish bluish carpet, looking like the prince of Bel Air :wicked:

btw. why was it funny :cheese:

HasiraKali
May 4th, 2006, 08:47 PM
It just looked awkward. :lol: And the music was really really soft so it looked like Clifton Oliver was just having a random seizure or something. :confused:

Zaya
May 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM
:lol: Hahaha...well then...do they show the ensemble at all or can you just see the orange blue red yellow whatever heads swinging in meditation ;)

Lion_King_300
May 4th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Tomorrow. :D And where did you get the picture in your new avvie? :D

It came from the Lighting design footage from the 1998 Tony Awards, when Donald Holder is explaining the concepts he used for the show. The clip is available on lionking.org and a few other places on the web, I'm sure most everyone here has seen it. As far as I know this is the only time it (the mask) has been shown on TV or any media source, please correct me if I'm wrong. And I love everyone else's TLKOB avatars also, very cool!

And thanks for taking the trouble to upload the Leno clip for us, Hasira_Kali!!! I missed that the first time around, it will be a treat to watch. Have a great time tomorrow (of course you will) and Get your you-know-what to the stage door! ;)

HasiraKali
May 4th, 2006, 10:54 PM
It came from the Lighting design footage from the 1998 Tony Awards, when Donald Holder is explaining the concepts he used for the show. The clip is available on lionking.org and a few other places on the web, I'm sure most everyone here has seen it. As far as I know this is the only time it (the mask) has been shown on TV or any media source, please correct me if I'm wrong. And I love everyone else's TLKOB avatars also, very cool!

And thanks for taking the trouble to upload the Leno clip for us, Hasira_Kali!!! I missed that the first time around, it will be a treat to watch. Have a great time tomorrow (of course you will) and Get your you-know-what to the stage door! ;)

:lol: I will. :) My sister is literally dragging me and like I told Zaya, my dad said he isn't picking me up until I do it. I guess he's tired of listening to me :lol:

I remember that footage and I was so mad because the day before the Tony's my VCR broke and we couldn't get a new one. :( Are they all available on LK.org? I haven't really looked for them I guess. :confused:

Zaya
May 4th, 2006, 10:57 PM
http://www.disney.co.uk/MusicalTheatre/TheLionKing/abouttheshow/story-acttwo.html

there's a pic of the mask part on this page...really tiny, but that's really the only pic I know of...

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Here's one from the Netherlands. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/Image2.jpg

And an OBC shot.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/HeLivesinU.jpg

Oh and for fun, the mask from Simba's Nightmare. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/simbanightmaremufasamask.jpg

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 12:14 AM
d..n girl, you have like everything...do you have any pics of the original LA cast, or the London cast from these days, or something :lol:

btw. how many times have you seen the show then ?:D

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 12:21 AM
:hmm: I have some of the LA cast. A lot of the stuff isn't labeled since they're used on news sites and stuff so it's hard to tell who a lot of people are. :confused:

I've seen the show 4 times, once on Broadway and 3 times so far here. :) I'm going again tomorrow night :D

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Aha! So then I'm still leading with 6 so far :evilgrin: bwahahaha :D

Aw...unrecognizable LA cast..would do :lol:

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Here's an LA pic. I put a link because it's too big to post here. :)
http://thesellingpoint.net/images/lkla/lklaanniversary.jpg

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Oh yes yes, I know that one, Brian's the first guy in front, saw that, went crazy :D :lol:

was like...wait a minute :confused:...I know you :D

Lion_King_300
May 5th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Wow Amanda you do have all the rarest TLKOB pix!

Where did you get the 3rd pic of "Simba's Nightmare?"

Sorry I typoed earlier, I meant lionking.net instead of .org, here's a direct link for you:

Broadway Musical info (http://www.lionking.net/broadwayinfo.shtml)

The mask is featured at the closing of Julie Taymor's book "Pride Rock on Broadway" now that I remember it, but I still don't think it has been shown on TV or video, besides the Tony Awards broadcast I linked to.

I guess that's a good thing, IMHO it's the best and most meaningful part of the play when Mufasa's ghost talks to Simba during that song... sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it! I seriously would pay the price of the ticket just to see COL and that scene, call me crazy!

As for seeing the show, I'm currently tied with you Zaya at 6 times myself, but I've also seen it in four different states over the period of about a year:

Twice in Seattle, WA December/January 2004-2005 (Front MEZZ row G, ORCH row V)

(lost my TLKOB virginity on December 9th, 2004, bought my sister a ticket for her 16th birthday, says it was the best birthday present she could have received :) )

Once on Broadway June 2005 (Front MEZZ 3rd row, these were AWESOME seats)

Twice in Portland, OR September 2005
(ORCH row Y, ORCH row Q)
With Starlioness and Sharifu the first time, and with 2 of my friends the second time

Once in San Jose, CA February 24, 2006
(ORCH row B, thanks Audra!)
With Sharifu and Vidan to celebrate my 20th Birthday!

But I think Hasira_Kali will pass both of us because I think she said she plans to see it seven times in San Antonio
:nukawha:

I do regret not being able to see it at the Lyceum though when I went to London for a tour of Britain last June, the show was all sold out on the last day of our trip, which was the only day we could see it :(

I really wanted to see the London cast that everyone had been raving about, but at least I was able to get some pics and a few souvenir flags outside the theatre as some consolation.

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Aw a shame you didn't see the London cast...I like must have seen it in all different combinations :lol:

So here's my life story :lol:(scroll down if you don't want to read all of it, haha)

First time last year February (yeah, a bit late but I had to actually get to London first) saw it with like the best cast ever and it will allways be the best performance for me...Gugwana Dlamini was Rafiki then...yeah and I had the worst seats ever (all the way up on the second balcony) cause that was all I could get. Then I went to the theatre next day however and a man sold me his stalls (it was row L i think) ticket for 10 pounds!!! The cast was all changed and there was like a bunch of understudies that day, but I did see the same Nala and Simba.

Then I had an amazing 2nd row tick. for 7th July 2005, surely I couldn't use that *tears*, but went to see the play again next day.

November 2005 was, like I was told before, really not that great, and there was a not really convincing Nala understudy wich made the whole acting thing go on poor Simba boy. But it's lion king, it's always amazing :)

The last time was this February (finally went to see it with a friend again, cause I was usually alone, tho I always manage to sit next to some friendly people who talk and ask and want to go to the stage door with me after the show)

So can't wait for August (I think I'll go see it some time sooner too anyway) cause alot of the cast changed recently

I really only got to see the same Simba all the time :lol:

wow..I write too much, who's gonna read that...let me shorten it a bit :confused:

Sharifu
May 5th, 2006, 09:40 AM
lost my TLKOB virginity on December 9th, 2004

Hehe, TLKoB virginity, that's still so funny to me. :p

wow..I write too much, who's gonna read that...let me shorten it a bit :confused:

I did! Really you don't write too much. I like reading long posts, especially about TLKoB. :)

Hmm well compared to you guys, saying I've seen TLKoB four times doesn't sound like very much. :lol: Well even when I wanted to buy tickets for San Jose, my mom said, "You're going to see that show again?!" :p I didn't tell her I'm seeing in London this August... XD

I don't know if I posted where and when I saw the TLKoB, but it was always the US touring cast, and all the same one. (I believe there is two traveling US casts.)

I first saw the show in San Francisco, California, on September 18, 2004, with my mom and sister.

Second time was in Sacramento, California on May 21, 2005, and I saw it with STM.

Third time was in Portland, Oregon on September 13, 2005 with Lion_King_300 and Startlioness.

Four was in San Jose, California on February 24, 2006 with Lion_King_300, Vidan and Muruwa. (She's been a friend of mine for over 10 years, but she's not too well known on Lea)

But yeah I look forward to seeing it in London. :)

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Haha, my mum does the same...I don't think she knows how many times I've seen it :confused: but she assured me she's coming to visit me in London in summer just to see what the heck is it with this musical and this guy :lol:

Sharifu
May 5th, 2006, 10:09 AM
So she hasn't seen TLKoB? :gasp:

Well my mom does like TLKoB... She did see it with me the first time, but our seats really weren't that good. She really wanted to see TLKoB again in San Jose when her boyfriend (now ex boyfriend) paid for the tickets. I got the tickets for them, (he paid me back) and I got them really good ones too! That didn't work out though since their relationship didn't last. Oh well.

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 10:13 AM
aw...a shame...no my mum hasn't seen it yet...cause I always "run" away to London by myself :lol: but she did pay for two of my tickets like...go see it, I know you want to :lol:

Gazelle
May 5th, 2006, 02:53 PM
My mother saw it for the first time last year when i was in it, and then again here. She cried during Circle of Life.

"it was just so amazing and breath taking!"
"...you know, it would have made more since if you had cried the FiRST time you saw it. Ya know, the show where i was actully in the first number?!"
"You're so selfesh!" ::still crying::

My ma's insane lol

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Haha mums :D what part did you play? :D

Gazelle
May 5th, 2006, 03:13 PM
i was in it four times. Zazu one, Timon twice, then i was a tech intern as the lighting designer. (i only got to run the board once or twice but i was backstage every show.)

So it was really odd to see it here, because i'd never actully SEEN the show *GASPETH*. Only been in it in some form. But i think maybe doing the show before sitting in the audiance for sure made me appreciate it more.

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 04:12 PM
hmmm...what do you do if you're backstage as zazu then? Sorry me just curious :D

Gazelle
May 5th, 2006, 06:35 PM
:lol: No, what i meant is when i was doing tech work, i was the lighting designer. BUT i only actully did the lights and worked the lighting board a few times when the actully lighting person wasn't able to make a show. BUT i did get to be backstage and hang out during the show. But only the show that i did tech. Not the other 3. LOL :D

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I got called the "Lion King Chick" today at work. :lol: One of the managers was like, "How many more Lion Kings do you have Mands?" And I was like "Four. I'm going tonight actually." Then the interaction programs guy came in and was eavesdropping and he goes "Ooooh. So you're the Lion King Chick" And he did that greeting thing the lions do in the show. I did it back to him and the other manager was just staring at us like this: :confused: :lol: Then as I was leaving today, people I didn't even tell I was going kept telling me to have fun and enjoy the show. :lol:

Oh and the nightmare mask pic came from a news site that had a behind the scenes section of photos. Cincinnat.com (http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2003/05/01/tem_thulede01.html)

Lion_King_300
May 5th, 2006, 09:34 PM
i was in it four times. Zazu one, Timon twice, then i was a tech intern as the lighting designer. (i only got to run the board once or twice but i was backstage every show.)

I was a little confused by this too, what exactly did you do the times you were in it as Zazu or Timon? :confused:

Lion_King_300
May 5th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Then the interaction programs guy came in and was eavesdropping and he goes "Ooooh. So you're the Lion King Chick" And he did that greeting thing the lions do in the show. I did it back to him and the other manager was just staring at us like this: :confused: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's so funny, I guess the the programs guy saw the show too? I'm pretty well known at work too for my love of TLKOB, we're required to bring in personalized magnets for our tip boxes at the casino when I deal, and everyone is jealous of my TLKOB laser-cut magnet I bought in San Jose, one of the bosses even playfully tried to steal it! It's really cool when customers that saw the show see the magnet and talk to me about how great it was, that makes my night :)

Oh, and for the TLKOB fans, have ANY of you seen people wearing TLKOB shirts in public at all? I don't remember seeing any in my area at all, even right after the show left Seattle and I thought that was weird.

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I saw one guy wearing one when I went the first night here. It was the ooooold tour shirt that they gave away at the ticket sales event. I have one but I haven't worn it. That's the only time I've ever seen someone other than myself, my sister, and my best TLK friend wearing one. :hmm: Oh and lionking.net seems to be down. :( I was trying to dload the vids and they won't work. :(

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 09:54 PM
HasiraKali :lol: now you're just the LK chick, you'll be the princess soon if you go on like that ;)

The lion bow...I love that so much...but anytime I try to pull that off it comes out wrong :lol: I once almost fell on some stairs cause I desperately tried to do the greating to my friend AND walk in complete darkness

As for the TLK shirts, I told myself never to mention that again but I actaually got to meet this TLKshirted girl who literally jumped on darling B, cause apparently she loved him and Simba and the show so much...I saw her coming towards and I just knew she's gonna do it...I still wonder how the heck did she recognize him...but yeah, that was the only time I saw someone in public wearing that shirt :) if the "territory" around the theatre is considered public ;)

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 09:55 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's so funny, I guess the the programs guy saw the show too? I'm pretty well known at work too for my love of TLKOB, we're required to bring in personalized magnets for our tip boxes at the casino when I deal, and everyone is jealous of my TLKOB laser-cut magnet I bought in San Jose, one of the bosses even playfully tried to steal it! It's really cool when customers that saw the show see the magnet and talk to me about how great it was, that makes my night :)

Yeah he saw the show with one of the other girls in the office. She won free tickets or something. When I went to ship your Scar, Tim, the guy that was helping me get the box together was yapping at me about it. He was saying he wanted to go see the show instead of dealing with the crowds at Fiesta last week. :lol: I wonder if he did. :hmm: And I thought your poor Scar looked like he was in a coffin but that was the only box they had that I didn't have to bend the mane pieces.

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 09:57 PM
HasiraKali :lol: now you're just the LK chick, you'll be the princess soon if you go on like that ;)

Well I did win Who Wants to be King of the Pridelands? ;) :lol:

Speaking of, Tim I was clearing out my PM box the other day. When were you wanting to interview me? :lol:

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 10:02 PM
:lol: now we only have to make a LK corset to fit you and off you go singing or screaming or crying (of joy) or anything on stage next to Wallace! :lol: Caaaan you feeeeeeel theeeee looooooove toniiiiight! Now hug me you fake lion you! ;)

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 10:03 PM
:lol: Ummm... I actually made one for Halloween. *hides*

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 10:07 PM
:eek: aaa, you fanatic you!

p.s.: I have a whole costume at home, just in case I ever need it *blushes and hides* :lol: ;)

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 10:09 PM
;) Exactly. I need to redo parts of it though. :lol: I made it a few years ago for Halloween but didn't get to finish the corset bit. So last Halloween I fixed the corset but didn't realize that I'd lost so many inches that the rest of the costume was too baggy. :lol: So I'm going to just do a total rehaul and remake everything. :)

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 10:16 PM
uhum...I saw the Nala thingy backstage and then on a bunch of really great close up photographs...so I made sketches and everything to make an almost identical copy...the mask still has to be done and I have to get the african art sewed up on the corset, but hallowen this year...I'm coming with style ;)

...I'd just need someone to go as Simba...anyone??...but you must know, we hold aditions every monday, 1:00 PM, and please read the condition tag for Simba;

height: between 5ft10 and 6ft4, structure: athletic (had to put some of my interests in it aswell :lol:), ethnicity: anything as long as it's not caucasian I guess :confused:, voice: Tenor

Note: all candidats with "I'm afraid to walk half naked in public" sindrom will be automatically removed from the list :evilgrin:

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 10:17 PM
:lol: I need a Simba too. Any way to share those lovely photos? I'm a costume nerd. I'm not allowed in a fabric shop without a chaperone. :lol:

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 10:27 PM
I could share sketches next week when I get back to my flat...must be there somewhere...but those were photographs of the London cast...not digital...tho maybe I could ask the owner to scan them if he finds time :tears:

Costume nerd haha ;) I have costumography as major, is pretty nice, but it's so theoretical it hurts my head :lol:

Edit my last post: To your consideration, another spot for Simba has been opened recently, due to several requests from the Kali theatre in San Antonio, so we will be holding another adition on Tuesday 9th of May :lol: at 6:00 PM

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Ok cool. :) No rush really.

:lol: Yes yes! Come audition. I'll provide refreshments. :D

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 10:44 PM
AUDITION!!!

Here the better description (some rearrangments made by...ME)

Adult Simba (Lion...duuuh helllooooo)

Simba is edgy, rebellious, ATTRACTIVE, SEXY, a Man with a regal streak...added: he's cute, sweet, has a good sense of humour and looks like Jason Raize, Brian Makiwane, Wallace Smith, Gino Emnes, Etienne Poeder, Clifton Oliver, etc.

Height: 5'10" - 6'1", 178cm - 186cm
Vocal Range: Tenor

p.s.: they have that description on the Australian show homepage ;)

P.S.: Refreshments will be provided bye the Kali theatre in San Antonio ;)

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 10:49 PM
:lol: That's awesome. If only it were that easy. ;) I love that description on the Aussie site. Simba certainly is sexy. ;) (I did not just say that >.> <.<)

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 10:56 PM
He is, and they usually pick all those fine good looking guys who can move so great and sing so great and everything...where do they dig them up :confused: I think the whole role of Simba was made with the intention to be a "thing" to look at for women ;)

btw. Simba aint only sexy on stage! (I didn't say that, that was my inner voice speking out loud!) *blushes all the way to the toes*

and the aussie page...they make it sound so simple really...but it's true about the height, the age and the vocal range ;)

p.s. OK, we turned this thread in like our very own discussion board :D but...duuuh, it's related to TLKoB anyway :D

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Eh, we're still on topic. ;) OMG when I saw the show last week, there was an elderly woman next to me and when Wallace swung out at the the end of Act I, she was all "OOooooooooOOOOOoooo NIIIIIIIIICE" :lol: Little old lady getting all bothered by Simba. :lol:

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 11:07 PM
:lol: Yeah, he distracted her alright :lol:

It's kind of interesting how the whole theatre (female part i guess mostly) goes "ooooooOOOooooOOOO WoooooAAAooooW" when he swings on that rope and jumps off singing, looks so...yummy *blush blush* :lol:

When I first saw Brian in London, jumping real high and then singin, wow, I was like OMG, I'm gonna marry him!!! =D

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 11:10 PM
It really does. And I love when he's dancing in He Lives in You. Even though sometimes he looks goofy. :lol: And the way he touches Nala's face in CYFtLT *melts* I don't know if it's the same everywhere or if it's just these two in particular but it makes me all melty :lol:

And oooh to marry a Simba. :lol: He's around my age. :hmm: I see myself forcing my future boyfriend/husband person to dance and jump around and sing and wear a costume. :lol: And then making him audition.

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Well London boy looks good in He lives in you, but I could say goofy like at the start he's like all I feel so graat, I'm gonna jump up and fly! :lol:...but the whole thing with CYFTLT is so amazing...they're really good actors I guess...cause they're so convincing...like you can feeeeel all the love in their movements..

Marry Simba...I haven't given up on that..I'm trying really hard :lol:...but yeah..forcing my next BF into being Simba would sound sooo like me too ;) Maybe even putting him on the sun for too long to get some tan :lol:

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2006, 11:40 PM
I've heard that about a lot of performers. Like the Phantom guys won't even sing for their own wives. :lol: But eh, just being able to say, "This is my boyfriend/husband. He's Simba" would be nice. :lol:

It's been awesome chatting but I've got to go get ready to go. :D Talk to you later. :)

Zaya
May 5th, 2006, 11:42 PM
uh yeah, just wanted to switch this off, don't forget to write a full report after meeting Wallace :lol: ;)

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 04:17 AM
I. Am. Pitiful. :( I don't know that I can do this. I am so angry and frustrated with myself. And I feel like I've let all of y'all down. :( I just... I'm too shy for this. I think the majority of my problem though is that I have a huge crush on him. :lol: I was seriously crying I was so nervous. My sister said she'd drag me back there no matter what, and she didn't. She's just as bad as I am I swear. :( I'm determined but I really don't know if I can physically go through with it. :(

BUT, during He Lives In You... He looked RIGHT at me. We made eye contact! He looked RIGHT at me. :lol: I got excited over that I guess. :alone:

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 07:59 AM
:( ....ah, come on, you didn't let anybody down...you still have time to get yourself together...wish I could be the one to drag you cause me, I wouldn't have a problem going :)

eye contact?! ;) Then you HAVE to do something bout it :lol:

Just don't let it all slip away girl :tears:

Sharifu
May 6th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Aww HasiraKali! You gotta meet him before they leave San Antonio! I know you're nervous but don't worry, I met Wallace twice and he's just super nice and friendly. Don't miss your chance!

Oh, and for the TLKOB fans, have ANY of you seen people wearing TLKOB shirts in public at all? I don't remember seeing any in my area at all, even right after the show left Seattle and I thought that was weird.

Hehe, well I told you about this Tim, but besides my friends that I've met on Lea, I've seen lots of people wear a TLKoB shirt when I went to see TLK in the IMAX theaters. (This was January 2003) This was before I even saw TLKoB myself. Then maybe like a month ago or a little less, I saw a girl wearing a TLKoB shirt (A San Francisco one) at Target.

Lion_King_300
May 6th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Wow, in the eight hours I was at work tonight I seemed to have missed a lot!

Hasira_Kali, I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't make it again, but I don't know if I can give you any more encouragement or advice that I haven't already said in previous posts.

But let me tell you a true story, maybe this will change things:

When I met Wallace in San Jose, I too was very nervous. Of course not because I had a crush on him, but I did see him as a sort of demi-god figure and that I was quite humbly insignificant to his greatness. I almost didn't ask to get a picture with him, but as he was walking away I mustered up enough courage to say, (not exactly word-for-word, but you get the point) "Excuse me, Mr. Smith - could I please get a photograph with you? I have a friend from San Antonio that is a HUGE fan of yours, and she's really looking forward to meeting you and seeing you perform later in the tour..." He then very happily obliged, and Vidan took the picture that I sent you and I posted earlier in the forum. He said he looked forward to meeting you, he seemed truly flattered that he had such great fans!

I truly was thinking of you the whole (and much too short) time I was with Wallace that night, and also thinking of how much you'd enjoy being in the same exact spot I was and get to meet and talk to him and get his autograph. Being that it was three months ago Wallace might or might not remember, but please don't pass up this opportunity. Especially since he made direct eye contact with you during the show, it must mean it was destiny!

:)

I am extremely shy around people I don't know, so if I can do it, I know you can do it too. I echo Zaya's statement: "Don't let it all slip away" because if you don't do it, you'll be regretting it for the rest of your life.

So for now, just visualize yourself standing next to him, and the unbelievable feeling of getting to meet your idol. Picture yourself there, here I'll even help you do it:

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/wallace_blank.jpg

I know it's hard, but it's time to step up to the challenges in life instead of backing away, especially since the reward is great. (no more fortune cookies for me)

:hugs:

We're all behind you.

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah, go LK300, tho If I was HasiraKali I'd cut the whole you out since I couldn't imagine myself with a male body :lol:....

just gooooo HK, he ain't waiting forever you know! ;) Go get that fake lion!

and I wrote you a bunch of PM's of another true story :)

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I feel better now but I'm still frustrated. I mean, I had my sharpie out and everything but I was just shaking and crying too much. :(

I got your PMs Zaya. Thanks for those. :) I think they've helped a little. I might write a letter and leave it with the guard. Yeah! That actually sounds like an excellent idea. :lol:

And I didn't know you mentioned me to him Tim. :lol: That might actually make it easier. :hmm: Because I can say "Hey. One of my friends met you in San Jose. Tim? Do you remember him?" Even if he lies it's ok. :lol: That and talking to him about his CD. The friend I'm going with next week is determined to get me there. She's very outgoing and not shy at all so she might be able to do it. I hope.

nathalie
May 6th, 2006, 04:05 PM
There's only 1 way to go BS HasiraKali --> JUST GOOOOOOOO :p

*ahum* :cheese:

No reason to be afraid or shy, loads of people go BS for a little chat, photo, autograph, so you are not an exeption.

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 04:06 PM
aw! Don't hide behind the letters now, you! :lol: ;) I did that cause I live too far away...you live like right around the corner :D

Anyway, found this
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=52024907

just wanted to share it with yall since he's a Simba too ;)

nathalie
May 6th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Anyway, found this http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=52024907, just wanted to share it with yall since he's a Simba too ;)

"Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted"

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Oh I'm not hiding behind it. :lol: I think it might be a good ice breaker since that's the hard part is actually making contact. ;) I'm going to get tickets for Tuesday night. That'll give me an extra chance. :lol: *rumages around ticketmaster*

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I changed it, I mean the link, I think it'll work now :D

Hmmmm... you might consider writing one and leaving it at the theatre before Tuesday...so on Tuesday you can come and he already knows you! Ha? How is that:lol: ...:confused:...tho I'd still prefer the "accidentaly bump into, hey I'm sorry, uh, I know you, you're that Wallace guy right?" kind of smooth thing ;)

Tho I've been thinking and it's really different for someone who wants to be a friend with this person or for someone who only wants to chat once, get their programs signed and take a pic...so which one of those do you wat to be HK? :confuse: =D

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 04:22 PM
:lol: And I love you for that myspace thing. I was thinking about that last night. ;) All that's coming up for Tuesday are wheelchair seats... but they're front row in the aisle. :hmm: Are there seats there? Or just a place to park a chair? :confused:

You know, I always say I want to be friends with these people. Hang out with them and stuff. :lol: So my email will be in the letter. And I added him on myspace. It just has to be approved. ;)

Look! Buzzards!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/Image47.jpg

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Hahaha...you're like happy...cause you like added the buzzards hahaha :lol:

You know...maybe you should just write to him on myspace then :D...he doesn't have many friends yet cause that must be a more or less new page...so ;)

So if you go for the friends and hanging out...then you definitely should NOT use anything like "OMG you're so handsome" or "OMG I love you Simba" till you go out for the 2n time :lol: :D

I don't think there are sits there...BUT...I can imagine you roling in on one just to get the chance to see it again :lol: *parks all the way at the front then jumps off at Endless night, runs up the stairs and hugs Simba and everybody is like, OMG, it's a wonder, she walks again after seeing Wallace* :lol:

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Oh I wasn't planning on doing that. :lol: I was just going to say that I liked his performance and that I like his CD and then see what happens from there. :lol:

*In modly voice*: We should try to get back on topic though. ;) I know it has a little to do with TLKoB but not enough. :lol:

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 04:38 PM
So we talk about how great Simba looks in this and that part of the musical or do we just make another audition ;)

Also found this today:
http://community.webshots.com/album/68793457RrritZ
some random Nala pics etc.

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Let's um... post random pics for a bit. :lol:

Zazu is horrified by Scar's tap dancing routine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/51.jpg

Seriously though, I love that scene. Some of the things Zazu says crack me up. Oh and does anyone know why they cut the part where Scar argues with himself during MoKS?

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 04:54 PM
OK, good Idea:

Alexia Khadime as Nala in London
http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/1746/alexiaasnala6nj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Which part...why do they cut it ?! :confused:

You know, the part where that cheetah is just walking round on stage following a giraffe...they actually left it out once in London...and then a the and of the show I was like...huuuumm...something was missing...AHA!:knowdees:

Yeah...the only part I'm not that fond of really is the Chow down song..but I love it anyway :D

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 04:58 PM
I love that pic. :D One of my favourite Nala ones. :) This one too. I'm not sure who it is since it wasn't labeled on the site I found it on (a news site). Any idea who she is?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/lion2.jpg

Edit: In MoKS, he used to argue with himself. Like "I tell myself I'm fine. Yes I am. No you're not! Yes I am! No you're not!" etc and then Zazu would tell him to pull himself together. I remember it on Broadway because my sister loved that part. So we were confused when it wasn't here. :confused: My sister is the one that said something about it. In the middle of the song she was like :confused: "They cut my favourite part."

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 05:01 PM
:confused: hmmmmmmm....no...no....It's a nice pic tho...but I'm sure she's one of the US one's..cause here in Europe they're like saving up on pics I guess...maybe they're afraid the actors will loose their beauty if they flash them too much :lol:

Oh, that part is still on in London =D...I guess they cut out stuff just so they make the right lenght of the show or something...

I love this pic, it's just amazing!
http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/1161/s0301shadowlandwitht722sy.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah I've noticed that London really doesn't have as many pics out as some of the other countries. The Netherlands has some really random ones. :lol:

Like this one...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/TLKoB/Deleeuw.jpg
From the Official Netherlands Site. :)
The lion's like :confused: WTF? :lol:

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Haha...haven't seen this one...do you have a link or something? But yeah...Netherlands...they just have everything!! I think in London people don't really appreciate the actors and stuff...they're like...uh they're just performers...who cares...:( I could immagine them watching the show without these "just actors"

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 05:15 PM
That's cooool! :wow: The mask especially looks awesome! :D

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 05:16 PM
thanks...lemme try and find the Nala one too :) AND i have some pics here somewhere...

This is some random one from Germany
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/4920/koenigderloewen0tn.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

nathalie
May 6th, 2006, 05:17 PM
But The Netherlands are just really proud to have that musical, so they make lots of promotional stuff about it.

I think mainly because they also knew it wasn't gonna stay there for a very long time, like in the UK, Japan and the US.

Like how long has it been in London?
And in the US, it's been playing there since what, 1998? + it has a cast that goes from city to city.

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 05:19 PM
True...I actually like the way Netherlands promote the show! :D ...and in London it's been playing since 1999...since 1999?!?! Wow, that's long ;)

And another random Germany one ;)

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3540/konig63ae.jpg (http://imageshack.us) http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/2672/alexia1wb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

and the one I use for the avatar

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 05:22 PM
That's true. And the Netherlands does that for all the productions they have. They had some phenominal Phantom pictures when the show was there.

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Look, people got interested now that we stuck random pics up ;) even Nathalie came :D

But yeah...I'm gonna check the Netherland site from all corners now :D Let the search begin! :lo:

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 05:34 PM
A lot of them were in the news section. I just clicked all the links :lol:

This pic is a HasiraKali exclusive. ;)
I was naughty (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/simba_malkia/100_2794-lighter.jpg) And the main rag doesn't get enough love. :lol:

Gazelle
May 6th, 2006, 05:45 PM
:lol: i've taken so many pictures at the Majestic!!! i haven't been caught...yet... *shiftyeyes*

WHOA! You all talked so much while i've been gone!

if they ever come back heres the anwser to their question like 50million pages back-

I was a little confused by this too, what exactly did you do the times you were in it as Zazu or Timon? :confused:
Anwser- Umm...i acted...on stage. LOL.

Hey, i just sent a friend request to Wallace. i didn't even THiNK about looking for them! i sent him a message to send love to Derek Phil and Damian since mostlikely i wont see them again while their here *cries*

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM
:lol: i've taken so many pictures at the Majestic!!! i haven't been caught...yet... *shiftyeyes*

During shows? I took that before and then someone next to me took a picture of their kids in the seat before the show and the ushers flipped out. They were threatening to kick the family out if they didn't go check in their camera. They were really anal. So now, I'm not even going to try to take pictures, no matter how tempted I might be.

Gazelle
May 6th, 2006, 05:50 PM
No, usally just of me and my bro togther holding tickets to our faces. LOL. And i have some preshow and intermission pictures from BLAST. LOL That's it

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Someone took a picture last night during He Lives in You and the ushers started scurrying around looking for the person. I was thinking "Please don't search me. I've got my camera but for other purposes. And... I'm *cough*ing." >.> <.<

Gazelle
May 6th, 2006, 05:55 PM
LOL. That would SUCK! i always take a camera because i'm always at the stage door. if you likey i'll post the pictures of Wallace Derek Damian Phil and i when they get developed if you like. i think Derek and Phil went a little crazy with the camera while i wasn't lookings so i look foward to seeing those. LOL

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 05:58 PM
:lol: I wish I could do that. I still have myspace open to send a message, but I have no idea what to say. :lol:

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I'm back from the clicking session...got distracted by some random Simba chat on my way tho ;)

Oh yes, you show us the pics PLEASE :cheese: :D

HK-you be nice, you write bout his music ;) mention you saw the show some time ago, that you think he made an outstanding performance...blah blah blah :)

Gazelle
May 6th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Aw. LOL.

Here's mine-
Hello there, i live here in San Antonio TX, and i wanted to let you know that i think you are so wonderful as Simba. You're preformance was so moving in the show! Please know that you are much admired here.

Have fun safe trips on the tour, and i hope you liked it here.

Also, please say hello to Phil and Damian for me, and tell Derek i love him! *wink*

-Gazelle. <3
PS- Damian doesn't need to pay me back.

LOL. Hopefully he remembers and gets it...or else i'm just gonna sound stupid HA!

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM
:lol: Now that I've started this message I can't shut up. I'm like... babbling. :lol:

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM
off topic here, some of my very own theatre art ;) Didn't take a pic of the stage , was shaking like stupid cause it's not allowed :D

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc046856vy.jpg

Aha...see...you get to talk in messages...I bet you'd be able to talk in real too :)

P.S.: see Lucy...she always just silently observes what's going on on this thread :D...why don't you join :lol:

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I've sent it. I feel like I've crossed one big hurdle. :D I even sort of explained my pathetic situation to him. :lol: I wonder if he gets them directly or if they go through someone else first. :hmm: Sometimes, bands have the people that do their website set up their myspaces. I wonder if that's the case here. Either way the last login was Thursday. ;)

Are the ushers in the West End as anal as they are in the US?

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Oh well not that...they actually let people take pics before the show starts and during the break...they're kind of friendly...but depends...this old guy is sooooooo hard to put up with...he like always has problems...you're not allowed to ask anything..you're not allowed to get to close to the orchestra place etc.

People do take pics in the theatre during the show tho..I downloaded many, but they're like totally blurry...:(

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 06:39 PM
The ones here won't even let you take pictures during the interval or before/after the show. Makes me sad because I was crying before it started and I really wanted a picture of it. And I wanted to show y'all how gorgeous the Majestic is inside.

Gazelle
May 6th, 2006, 06:40 PM
EDiT- in response to fuzzy pictures- Like those awful quality bootlegs. Blah. ...but i watch them anyway. :lol:

About Majestic- i like dee clouds!!!!

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 06:41 PM
There are actually some pretty good quality ones. Not that I've seen any... I'm good. :evilgrin:

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Exactly :D Uh! Reminds me...Nathalie actually told me about this site, so it's Nathalie copyright ;) but here is the link, alot of Netherland cast footage:

http://www.carolinafansite.nl/newbijdeau.htm

the thing Daniel downloaded once was good ;)

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 06:44 PM
About Majestic- i like dee clouds!!!!

Yes! They didn't have the clouds on last night though. I think because it was so nasty outside they didn't want anyone to think the ceiling was a giant window or something. ;) :lol:

Gazelle
May 6th, 2006, 06:47 PM
HA! There's like a lake in my backyard, not kidding!

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Sorry, was wrong...the clips are here:
http://www.carolinafansite.nl/newtvfragmenten.htm

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 06:54 PM
HA! There's like a lake in my backyard, not kidding!

There was a huge clap of thunder this morning and knocked one of my TLK beanies off the shelf and onto my bed. :lol:

Lion_King_300
May 6th, 2006, 07:32 PM

WHOA! You all talked so much while i've been gone!

if they ever come back heres the anwser to their question like 50million pages back-

Anwser- Umm...i acted...on stage. LOL.

Oh wow, cool! That's what I thought, it just didn't make sense because you're female and Timon and Zazu are both male roles, and that was the source of my confusion.

That's really awesome though. To be involved with the show is a lifelong dream of mine that I *probably* will never attain, for now I'm limited to singing Endless Night in the car (right on key too!)

And everyone keep posting those really cool and rare pics, that one with the Dutch Scar and the lion in the background... :lol:

That has to be one of the best TLKOB pics I've seen.

Here's my contribution, there were posted a LONG time ago when I did the thread about my trip to NYC and London, but these pics won't be found anywhere else, they're "lion_king_300" exclusive and shot entirely within the confines of the New Amsterdam Theatre in Times Square (which will no longer host TLKOB in a few weeks to make room for the English nanny with the flying umbrella) :(

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/tlkob_curtain.jpg
This is the "main rag" at the New Amsterdam, I really liked the gold architecture design surrounding the stage.

And here are some pics from inside the gift shop displaying Julie Taymor's original designs for the puppets and masks:

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/zazu.JPG
http://students.washington.edu/tim300/scar.JPG
http://students.washington.edu/tim300/sarabi.JPG

And this is me in front of the Lyceum theatre in London, unfortunately it was during the time when they were doing an extensive renovation of the exterior so there was a lot of scaffolding.

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/tim_lyceum.JPG

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Cool! Those displays weren't there when I went because they were renovating the DStore next door. Everything was crammed in the theater. I did get to see the Tony though. :lol: That was pretty cool. I guess I have to go back and see that stuff. ;)

Zaya
May 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
AA, look he stands at the London Lyceum theatre door :D Makes me missssssss London and Simba sooooooooo much :( :tears:

Gazelle
May 6th, 2006, 08:17 PM
::CRiES!!!:: i MiSS MY ZAZU PUPPET SO MUUUUU-HUH-UCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

HasiraKali
May 6th, 2006, 08:20 PM
I want to try to make one. :hmm: I have ideas about how to do it too. :lol:

Gazelle
May 6th, 2006, 08:22 PM
*GAZPETH* i should sooo make one!!! i miss being Zazu so much!

nathalie
May 6th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Look, people got interested now that we stuck random pics up ;) even Nathalie came :D

I always read this thread.

But since I haven't seen the show myself, there is very little for me to actualy write down in here ;)

Zaya
May 7th, 2006, 08:14 AM
mhm...;) We'll see what happens after August 2nd :D

Sharifu
May 7th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Gazelle, you can actually play Zazu and Timon even though you're a female?

And great pics! I really love seeing all these TLKoB pics.

Woooow! Wallace's my space! I wish I could add him but I don't think he would. XD Even though I did meet him before, even if it was not that long. (I don't think he would remember)

Good luck meeting Wallace HasiraKali, you can do it! :)

Zaya
May 7th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I just remembered Gazelle...I'm still not totally with you on that Timon and Zazu thing...you say you performed...on stage...but not with the original Disneys The Lion King production, aight?

Cause I like talked to my friend and was all, wow a girl on some forum she played Timon in the Lion King and he was like :confused::" Timon is a male role darling, needs a male voice...cause then Simba could be a female too...do I look like a female to you (still don't know where that came from)....*then some silence*...are you OK darling?" :lol:

He must have thought I totally lost it :lol:

HasiraKali
May 7th, 2006, 06:35 PM
I don't think it's possible for him to look like a female. :lol: Unless he was in a dress... and even then, he'd just look like a guy in a dress. :lol: I still want to see a picture of him in costume.

Zaya
May 7th, 2006, 06:51 PM
yeah...he would probably look "great" in a dress :lol:

Gazelle
May 8th, 2006, 01:46 AM
:lol: i hate anwsering questions about the whole male/female thing

But yes, i did play them both even though iiii am a female. My strongest points in my voice is it's 'stage' singing/'character' trained. Which means its fairly simple to make my voice deeper along with an accent for Zazu. And not as deep with the whole sarcastic tone for Timon.

All shows were actual 'professional productions'. Each ran about 5 weeks. (14 shows on average a week) The shows themself were all meant for rewritting questions with the script. That's why there were 4 shows with 4 different casts. Minus i, who was recasted (<3) and a few others.

i hope this anwsers any questions. Feel free to ask, i don't mind. :hehe:

Zaya
May 8th, 2006, 06:01 AM
We were just both a lil confused since a female doesn't usually sing tenor( is very rare to be able to go that deep and in to the male vocal range) which would be Zazu...not even thinking bout baritone :)

Well, I found some costume design pictures on another comp, so here are two of those, don't know, maybe you've seen them already...

-that's why the head always fits so great - custome made ;)
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6770/nalaheadd1vs.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

-and a lioness costume
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6510/costumetlk4qw.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

If someone wants to see more I can always post :)

Gazelle
May 8th, 2006, 03:06 PM
All the costumes from TLK are very beautiful. My mother HATES the hyena trio. She thinks they're ugly :tears:
"Maa-aa! They're ARTiSTiC!"
"They're Uuuuuu-ga-lee!"
But she's in love with the Cheeta and ofcourse who isnt?

i think my least favorite costume is Timon, but maybe it's because i've been in that hell hole, and lets just say my favorite color USE to be green :lol: My lil bro made fun of the puppet when i brought him back stage once. He kept pointing and laughing at it saying "You're tails not attached to your buu-uutt!!!" :lol:
My favorite mask is Scar.

Please post more pictures, they're really fun

Zaya
May 8th, 2006, 04:41 PM
the green thing costume :D
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/6577/tlkcostume17qf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Zazu yeeey ;)
http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/8572/tlkcostume25rt.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

HasiraKali
May 8th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I found that site the other day. ;) There's a good one of the Nala corset. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/Nala1.jpg

Zaya
May 8th, 2006, 06:50 PM
yes,it's awesome! :D Imagine how much work...I worked on mine for a month and it's crap compared to this one...

Here I absolutely love this pic, is sooo funny :D

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/1984/651863397l1qh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Lion_King_300
May 8th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Awesome pics, everybody! Could someone provide a link for this website please? Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

HasiraKali
May 8th, 2006, 07:19 PM
The site is www.seamlesscostumes.com :)

This pic cracks me up for some reason. :lol: Rappin' Rafiki. :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/fikiwithmic.jpg

Zaya
May 8th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Uh, that Rafiki is freaky if you ask me :lol:

This one is nice too...so that's how the hyena head stands :confused: :lol:
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/8878235330me_mangy_hyena.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

And this ones are nice, I put them together so I don't have to post three :)
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/LK BS.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

+I guess you all know this one, but just in case ;)
http://images6.theimagehosting.com/Nala and Scar.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

Sharifu
May 8th, 2006, 10:32 PM
My mother HATES the hyena trio.

:gasp: I love the hyena puppets! I think they are sooo neat and creative!

And I do think all the costumes are beautiful.

I love all these pictures!!! :love:

soulImbibe
May 8th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Cool photos guys.

I'm still planning to see TLKoB someday.

Zaya
May 9th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I proudly announce I'll get the Original Lion King Japan cast soundtrack in summer cause my freind is going for a trip!!! YEEEEEEEEY! =D

nathalie
May 9th, 2006, 11:39 AM
o_O Bring one for me too !! :p

*ahum* hehe

Zaya
May 9th, 2006, 11:47 AM
hmmm...maybe she could actually :) and I send it to you then :)

nathalie
May 9th, 2006, 11:51 AM
*gasp* That'd be uber cool :cheese:

(*lol*)

Zaya
May 9th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I'll ask her today, she's coming over ;)

nathalie
May 9th, 2006, 12:07 PM

Gazelle
May 9th, 2006, 01:14 PM
it's so AMAZiNG!! i had a burnt copy, but not anymore -cries-

it really is beautiful, one of my favorite Zazus!

nathalie
May 9th, 2006, 03:01 PM
I have mp3's aswell, but since I collect original CD's, this one is a "must have" hehe.

Lion_King_300
May 9th, 2006, 03:49 PM
The sound quality on the Japanese TLKOB soundtrack is probably the best out of any of the TLK cd's I own, it really sounds like it was recorded right out of the pit! (And it also includes Mufasa's ghost speaking to Simba in HLIY reprise!!!) :wow:

I was lucky, I mean very very lucky, to find a copy on Amazon.com which is where I purchased it (I was too cheap at the New Amsterdam, I had already over budget on other stuff before I even saw the Japan TLKOB CD) and I think I got it for $26 or so which is a $4 savings over the $30 they're asking in New York, but don't quote me on that because the price may have gone up again.

I like most of the tracks on that CD better than the Broadway cast recording!

nathalie
May 9th, 2006, 03:57 PM
There are some to find on ebay, mostly around 25 $, but everytime they popped up, I couldn't really afford it *grrr* haha.

Gazelle
May 9th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Ha, money. BACH!!! i just bought a crazy *** dress for NESA Banquet, so money...eh yeah, noexistint

NESA Banquet is this fancy end of the year dooba for my school that everyone dresses up for and there's a dinner, senior roasting, and the director of the school tells us the musicals and plays for next year which is like a HUGE thing. So yeah.

if i didn't have money before-BACH!

HasiraKali
May 9th, 2006, 10:35 PM
We used to do themed banquets. :lol: My senior year it was a toga party. :lol: I think Ayers has a picture of my sister and I in our togas in his office. ;)

The Netherlands CD is pretty cool too. :)

Gazelle
May 10th, 2006, 01:44 PM
HA! i'm gonna ask him

My uncle has the cd, so im gonna ask for another burned copy...hopefully one that my brother WONT break this time round

HasiraKali
May 10th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Tim sent me a copy of the Japanese cast. :D I loves it. :lol: I ordered the Netherlands one last night and I'm going to order the German one soon too. :D

nathalie
May 10th, 2006, 03:11 PM
The Dutch CD kind of sucks in my opinion :lol:

Haha, due to the translations mostly. I just don't like them :s
(*edit*, at least the translations from the movie songs)

Nala has a super voice though.

Zaya
May 10th, 2006, 04:17 PM
I just like all of them...it's not that I wouldn't understand...at least part of it...it's just I don't even listen to the text mostly ;)

HasiraKali
May 10th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I like some of the orchestrations on the Dutch CD. And most of the other versions (Japan, Germany, etc) have some awesome ones too. :)

Lion_King_300
May 10th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Yes, Nala's voice on the Dutch CD is incredible. My favorite track on that CD is probably "Can you feel the love tonight," the way it's arranged and sung in Dutch is beautiful. It took me a while to get past the "throaty" voice and accents that the Dutch have but beyond that, I love the CD.

And Hasira_Kali, you definitely earned the JTLKOB CD by winning Who Wants to be King of the Pride Lands! Sorry I kinda forgot about that interview, it was so long ago now I think we'll cancel it, I'm still not sure if I am going to bring the show back next month or not, it all depends on how many people are interested in playing.

nathalie
May 10th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Yeah, the Dutch and their accents ... Anyone who wonders: no, Flemish does not have that accent (the G for instance) ^_^

*ahum* hehe

Interview?

Ooh, but you *must* host a new show :cheese:

HasiraKali
May 11th, 2006, 05:28 AM
I just got home again... Lots of tech problems tonight. And costume issues. :lol: Young Simba kept tripping over his tail and Scar's mask wouldn't come down when Mufasa says "Is that a challenge?!" Mufasa's went down and then he pulled it back up really fast. It was pretty funny. And the gopher wasn't there. The trap opened and no gopher. :lol: Zazu was all "I hear you! Go on! I hear you!" It was pretty funny. :lol:

Oh and I really had to use the restroom during the interval because I had a margarita before the show and the gossip in the lady's room was all about how nice Wallace's arms were. :lol: One girl was like "At least Simba's going to be hot for the rest of the show." I was thinking "And how!" ;) When he swung out, a bunch of the teenage girls in front of us flipped out and were jumping and being hormonal. :lol: It was hilarious.

;) (http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/mandalioness/Stagedoor/100_2918.jpg) <--- A link. :D

Sharifu
May 11th, 2006, 07:22 AM
YOU MET WALLACE! Yay!!! Good for you, you finally did it!!! :D

That's funny about the gopher, what Zazu said... XD How weird there was so many problems that night. XD Kind of sucks if that was your first time seeing the show.

Oh my gosh I had a weird dream last night... I dreamt I saw TLKoB and after the show I met the guy who played Zazu and he let me hold the Zazu puppet and he showed me how to make it talk and things like that... It was so cool... :D :lol:

Zaya
May 11th, 2006, 09:06 AM
YOU MADE IT! We're all so proud of you!! How was it, how was it, how was it? How were his hands? Nice? ;) :lol:

btw...a sham there were so many problems...but then again...it would be funny to se something different in a while (that with the mask tho, happened in London once when Mufasa's didn't want to go down - they just ignored it...haha :lol: - and then Scar just pushed his one back, turned around and started walking really fast :lol:)

Sharifu
May 11th, 2006, 10:19 AM
When I saw TLKoB in Portland with Tim and Starlioness, when Simba confronted Scar, telling him to tell the truth, and then when Scar yelled, "I killed Mufusa!" and the lights start to flash... I saw that Scar's mask fell off onto the floor. :lol: And then Scar grabbed it and ran off the stage... :D Good thing he wasn't in the scene right after that... Then it's the scene with the lionesses and everyone else fighting the hyenas. Of course by the next time you saw Scar he had his mask back on.

HasiraKali, did you tell Wallace how many times you've seen the show there in San Antonio? :p And yes tell us what it was like meeting him!

Zaya
May 11th, 2006, 10:49 AM
HK haha...hormonal girls?? :lol: haha(which btw. made me laugh so much I almost feel of the chair, nevermind...)...I bet if you weren't that "grown up" and didn't know better you'd be all crazy too ;) :lol: :p

Gazelle
May 11th, 2006, 02:48 PM
AH! That's a picture of my house!!! (Majestic stage door)

Claps for Amanda! Did you meet my best friends eveh?!?! (Dam, Phil) Or my lover? (Derek) Ha. On my night Ed feel while going up the stair in Be Prepaired and took Bonzai with him. :lol: Which young Simba did you have, the shorter chubby one or the taller one that's been on broadway? i had the shorter one and he was that great, and tripped alot.

Did you catch (eric right?) Scar? He like ran out of the door and i didn't get to talk to him. i was so sad. i only saw him once at the hotel for like a second. He was telling a joke to the Shenzi understudy.

is that you in the picture? because it looks like a girl from some pictures in Ayer's office.

HasiraKali
May 11th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Ok so here's what went down. I didn't get to talk to Wallace and Ta'Rea too long because... well I coulndn't really speak. :lol: We were standing at the door (Which is a lovely shade of red btw) and dancers and stuff were coming out. I saw a wildebeest mask hanging on the wall right inside the door, so that was cool. So we're standing there and Aaron Conlley and Young Nala came out (I forget her name :eek:) I got a picture with him which is on my friend's camera. I bent down to take the picture with him and he suavely put his arm around me. :lol: It was pretty funny. Then we're standing there and a few stage hands came out (I gave them props ;) ) Then my friend and I are talking and I hear the door start to open so I look and freeze in mid-sentence because Wallace and Ta'Rea just walked through. I just kind of froze and she kept talking. Wallace stops to talk to a little girl and I kind of move over to him. A couple of those hormonal girls cut in front of me though when they hear him tell the girl he played Simba. Their mother was talking to him about how nice his body was and he was turning really red and blushing and stuff. It was so cute. I didn't say anything like that, even though I definately thought it. ;) When it was my turn, I was shaking so hard. Here's our little convo:
Me: Hi... could I um get an autoggraph and a ppicture?
Wallace: Definately! No problem. (as he's signing my Playbill for me) how did you like the show?
Me: I loved it. I've been trying to get back here to meet you for weeks.
Wallace: Oh? Well I'm glad you finally made it! :)
He handed my playbill back to me and I got a picture with he and Ta'Rea. Then I got her autograph and that was it. I didn't talk to them very long because I they were saying they had an early rehearsal today and I guess they wanted to get to their hotel and catch some sleep. But it was really awesome to meet them. I'm going to try to go back there again next week and maybe actually have a real conversation with them.
"Hi! My name is Amanda. I came back here last week but this time I can actually talk. How're you? What're your plans after the tour? I love your album by the way." :lol:

I didn't go to bed until after 3am last night because I was so excited and worked up. :lol:

Oh and Gaz, why would I get a picture of some random girl with Wallace? :lol: Yeah that's me.

Gazelle
May 11th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Shut up. :lol: i was just making sure! ;)

Soooo...did you talk to my lovers?!?! NO?! B-b-but they're so coooool!

When i went there was noone but ys&n's families, ShenziU/S's sister and Phil's boyfriend...and then me

HA! YES!!! THE MAAASK! Steve let me touch it! (the security guard) Me and him are like THiS! *crossing fingers* :cheese: i just ran in real fast, touch, run out. Then he laughed at me.
"You want to see it?"
"Wha?"
"The mask. You can go in and touch it"
"*GASPETH* REALLY?!?!"
"if ya want"
"*squeak*"

:lol: that's me! :hehe:

HasiraKali
May 11th, 2006, 07:13 PM
No they didn't come out while we were back there. I was pretty much a puddle after Wallace anyway. :lol: Maybe next time. :)

Zaya
May 11th, 2006, 07:50 PM
uhum! There has to be a next time...just think of alllll the things you have to say and forgot ;) :lol:...but the hormonal girls still rule!! :lol:

nathalie
May 11th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Oh my God, Amanda !! Finally !! :cheese:

And was it worth it, ha ... ha ... HA ?? ;)

*edit*
I thought I'd join you for a bit, and made my own Simba avvy ^_^
It's Etienne *wOOt* the original Dutch Simba.

Couldn't find any other pictures then those though in his Simba outfit :(

(need a DVD drive, so I can take nice screenshots of the DVD I have that came with the CD, hehe)

Zaya
May 11th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Come everybody, say huray for Etienne!! :lol: ...btw. he's such a sweetheart ;), looks so young on those pics (how old is he anyway :confused:)

Lion_King_300
May 12th, 2006, 02:35 AM
YAAAY Amanda you did it! I'm so happy for you. And cool that you're already planning your next visit to chat with him, you should do a short interview session or something and post it here :lol:

And you got to meet Ta'Rea Campbell too!!! We missed her in San Jose unfortunately, she's one of my favorites in the show, awesome voice.

Funny story about the hormonal girls too, we certainly didn't see any of that when we went to the stage door, we were the only ones there! So yeah, major props to ya for getting the courage to talk to Wallace, what an awesome experience for you. Be sure to share the rest of your pix if you can get them! (I'd love to see Ta'Rea in her street clothes, is her head still shaved? It was in Portland according to a promo video I saw)

As for the show, wow that is certainly a lot of mistakes! I truthfully didn't even notice in Portland when Scar's mask fell off, though I totally believe Sharifu I think they do a really good job of covering up any mistakes they do make, so the first timer would think it was part of the show. But the "lost gopher" part, that would be weird seeing nothing and hearing the voice.

I have an example though of how having seen the show before makes it easy to recognize mistakes:

I do remember in Portland that Simba forgot one of his lines, and it was REALLY obvious too - the part just before CYFTLT when Timon goes, "Whatever she has to say, she can say in front of us, right Simba?" Well, Wallace definitely blanked for the next 10 seconds, he just stood there in the corner of the stage pretending to be in deep thought, and after about 5 seconds, Timon repeated very slowly "Riiiight Simba?" and during this time the offstage cue person finally saved Wallace and he was able to come up with the correct line, "Maybe you'd better go. From previous viewings of the show (including the other Portland performance i went to) I knew that there wasn't supposed to be a protracted pause here, but if it was my first time seeing the show I'd totally think it was just a part of the script!

(I forgot whether it was at our performance Sharifu or the one where I went with my other friends, but the other time he said the line almost instantly! Hey, it happens to the best of them)

Oh and I have a question for the San Antonio crowd: Do the center-stage ballet dancers in CYFTLT go up in the air or not? I remember in Seattle they did but at all the other places they stayed on the ground, I guess it depends on the theatre and the rigging devices they have.

Sharifu
May 12th, 2006, 02:37 AM
the gossip in the lady's room was all about how nice Wallace's arms were. :lol:

:lol: Yeah you know I always thought his arms were nice... Haha. I hope you can talk to them again! :cheese:

And you got to meet Ta'Rea Campbell too!!! We missed her in San Jose unfortunately, she's one of my favorites in the show, awesome voice.

Aww well actually Eric and I did meet her Tim, the next day, it was too bad she didn't come out on Friday night.

Funny story about the hormonal girls too, we certainly didn't see any of that when we went to the stage door, we were the only ones there!

Haha... I would say there were girls like that on that Saturday afternoon Eric and I went back... But I'm sure you all read that story I wrote about it, a while back in this topic. ;)

I'm so glad Eric and I went back. I don't know why I didn't think about that on that night after the show. But I think it was Eric that thought about it, good thing he did. :cheese:

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Actually I only meet some hormonal girls once in LD, but it was really fun, there were six of them, from like 14 to 30 :lol: and they jumped on every single guy coming out of the theatre, telling him how yummy he was as Simba ;) (I sat there and was like, damn, didn't you even look at his face or were his biceps more importaint ;))...unfortunately I had to explain to each that I am NOT a part of this team! ;)...then later on Simba came (believe it or not they waited for him for more than an hour) and was literally attacked...they were like grabing his hands and getting all over him when they took photos...which I, must say, DID NOT like but it was so funny I just couldn't stop the fun and save him, haha :lol:

As for Ta'rea, she has a myspace too ;) :
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=63882976

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Come everybody, say huray for Etienne!! :lol: ...btw. he's such a sweetheart ;), looks so young on those pics (how old is he anyway :confused:)

I have no idea, there's like, nothing to find on him :s

*edit*
I did find, that before TLK he entered in StarAcademy and did pretty well in Idols.
And he went to this TLK trainingschool (don't know if they did that everywhere?) before he actually joined the show.

Still, no age found.

Sharifu
May 12th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Wow HasiraKali, I noticed Wallace added you to his myspace! :wow:

I would love to add him too but I feel like I don't really deserve it... I mean he is so popular and well he doesn't really know me, but I can always leave him a message.

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 09:14 AM
He's got a myspace music profile...I don't think he would mind you adding him :)...besides you can always frist send a message and then put add ;)

Nathalie...I think they all have to go to a training school for the lead roles...and when they finish with it and play the role of Simba, Nala, etc. they become instructors for this role in that same "school" :)

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 09:16 AM
*yay* I find the age !!

In an article from November 2003 is says "the 26 year old Amsterdammer".

That that makes him now 29 :cheese:

*edit*
I just read, that the people who wanted to audition had to go to this school, and then out of those people they made the choises (also for the other characters)

Etienne was chosen out of 3.500 Simba's o_O

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 09:22 AM
updiduuuu!! wow! hahaha, that's cause he's cute I bet ;)...and yeah, just wanted to write that about his age :D, he looks young for his age anyway :D

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Apperently, lots of people though who saw the musical when he was still in it, said that his singing stuff wasn't all that good.

But now I read he got picked out of so many, he must have been good, haha.

Better then Danny at least :cringe: haha

For those who haven't seen him, this is Danny Yanga, the 3rd Dutch Simba.
http://www.dannyfansite.nl/Fotos/Danny%20personal/dannyen%20giovanni.jpg

http://www.dannyfansite.nl/Fotos/Premierebenb/danny%201_resize.jpg

Look at that smile :gasp:

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 09:29 AM
:lol: That smile really annoys you ha nathalie ;) :lol: ...well, I think Etienne sings great, I like the higher voices...AND he's cute ;)...but Danny...OK, I don't mean to sound harsh but...(has been erased for authors protection :lol:)...are they planing on keeping the "smile monster" till the end?!:cringe:

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 09:36 AM
He looks kind of nice when he isn't smiling though *blush* haha

Yep, he'll be there till the end.
And yeah, his smile freaks me out o_O
And his voice is nothing like all the other Simba's.

Also, what the others don't have, he still has this accent (from Suriname or Africa I guess), which you hear very good when he sings.

I find this videoclip of him singing "Shadowland" ?
(I always mix that one up with "Endless night" haha)

clicky (http://www.dannyfansite.nl/video/danny%20yanga%20koninkrijkspelen.wmv)

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Well, he's a good vocalist, but I think his voice doesn't really fit Simba...and it's Endless night :)

But you can't really take the accent bad, he's trying ;) In London, you'll notice that Brian has an American accent when most of the others are soooo English...I like it tho :confused:, sounds more like the movie Simba :D

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I don't really mind the accent, I just thought I'd point that out, haha.

But yeah, he sings good, but I don't know, I'm not a fan of his voice, hehe.

I wonder who they will take to play in Shangai ('cause I heard they would take an international cast?), and who will be the French one :cheese:

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Maybe Roger Wright, since he's been in the original London cast and the legend of the lion king in Disney world in Paris :lol: He must have learned some French then :D...in Shanghai, I just hope it won't be a Japanese one...I don't know why I don't like Japanese Simbas...they all seem so skinny and small to me...and Simba is supposed to be a hottie, aight ;)

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 10:04 AM
*lol*

I also just saw that Gino was the leading Simba in Germany, replacement Simba in Holland, and also Simba in the Legend of the Lion King.

Once Simba ... always Simba ... haha

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Haha, guess when they get tired of being the "musical" Simba, they become the "legend" Simba :lol:...hope B doesn't turn out that way! :cringe:

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Did you show him the Legend of TLK ?

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 10:58 AM
oh, look what I found, as if yall don't know, but I just discovered it myself:
lion n.
ibhubesi; imbube;ingonyama
so they chant in Zulu and ingonyama means lion, oh wow ;)

Lion_King_300
May 12th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Maybe Roger Wright, since he's been in the original London cast and the legend of the lion king in Disney world in Paris :lol: He must have learned some French then :D...in Shanghai, I just hope it won't be a Japanese one...I don't know why I don't like Japanese Simbas...they all seem so skinny and small to me...and Simba is supposed to be a hottie, aight ;)

You saying something about Japanese people? :Perks:

I'm not offended or anything, but it's a pretty common stereotype of the Asian male to not be seen as attractive so it was interesting you brought it up.

In Shanghai, I read from numerous sources that the performing cast will be coming up directly from the Australian production, which can be viewed here (http://www.disney.com.au/lionking/about/cast_principals.shtml)

They'll probably add/replace cast members of course, but I don't think they'll choose one from the Japanese cast because the show will be performed in English.

And I think Clifton Oliver (L.A. cast) and Vince Harder (Sydney cast) are a bit on the skinny, scrawny side too aren't they?

Roger Wright is the buffest of all the Simbas though, god I wish I saw him perform. You guys know he used to be one of Europe's top models before going into acting and music???

Sharifu
May 12th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I just hope it won't be a Japanese one...I don't know why I don't like Japanese Simbas...they all seem so skinny and small to me...and Simba is supposed to be a hottie, aight ;)

:lol: I've never really seen any pics of the Japanese show... :p Does anyone have pics?

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Oh, LK300, I didn't mean to be offensive :(...I saw many attractive Japanese men before...I was talking about the Simba performers I've seen there...but Vince harder and Clifton Oliver both look nice and athletic to me :confused:

Sharifu, I don't have pics, but there were some clips on their page...lemme try and find the link for you :)

http://www.shiki.gr.jp/applause/lionking/tvcf.html

I can only find the TV commercial...wonder where the clips went :confused:

Sharifu
May 12th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Hmm interesting I never saw that Japanese site before... When I look at Disney's site for TLKoB, it doesn't give a link for the Japanese production.

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah...I knew about it for quite some time..but I can't really find if there is an English language switch somewhere, I'd love to read more about the whole thing tho :(

Sharifu
May 12th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah that would be great...

White Wagtail
May 12th, 2006, 03:47 PM
http://www.shiki.gr.jp/applause/lionking/tvcf.html

I can only find the TV commercial...wonder where the clips went :confused:

I saw Shiki-TLKoB 3 years ago, but I've never seen this TV commercial until now...
W-what's this??? It's... it's soooo crappy... Who would be tempted to see TLKoB by this commercial?
(I was also surprised that this site mentions almost nothing about original great film TLK.)

Anyway... though I tried to find more pics or videoclips on the web, I haven't found any clips yet,
and pictures I found are almost the same as those on Shiki official page.
I wonder why there are so few pictures from Shiki :confused:

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I have a commercial clips in Japanese, it shows Nala and Simba (very small though, but still), I can upload it if someone wants too.

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Oh, yes yes Nathalie, that would be nice :D

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I hope the link works, it only uploaded for like, 1 second o_O

But it should work, I tried it, lol

http://rapidshare.de/files/20287426/lionking_bb.ram.html

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 06:24 PM
It ain't working for me :(

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I click FREE, then it opens another page, you type in 3 letters/numbers, and then a window appears "open" and "save as".

What do you get?

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 06:27 PM
same, just that it saves in about a second and won't open it in any type of video program I have :confused:

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Do you have Quicktime or RealPlayer? (free to download)

'Cause with me it only plays in 1 of those.

If it still doesn't work then, I'll try YouTube.

HasiraKali
May 12th, 2006, 06:29 PM
S.J. Hannah who is/was Simba on the Gazelle tour is pretty buff. He has really big pecs. :lol: I saw a pic of Vince Harder once and his chest looked bigger than most girls I know. :lol: And Josh Tower isn't bad looking either. ;)

S.J. Hannah
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/simba_malkia/S.jpg

nathalie
May 12th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Ooooh, he looks nice indeed ^_^

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Uhhhhh...*blush blush*...niiiice ;) I knew HK will be with me to protect the brown pride of Vince, Clifton, Josh, ... and all the other Simba boys :D

HasiraKali
May 12th, 2006, 06:48 PM
I wonder what he sounds like. :hmm: Anyone heard him?

Gazelle
May 12th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Oh and I have a question for the San Antonio crowd: Do the center-stage ballet dancers in CYFTLT go up in the air or not? I remember in Seattle they did but at all the other places they stayed on the ground, I guess it depends on the theatre and the rigging devices they have.

Uhhh...i believe they did fly them, but i'm not so sure. i know they did in my production (last year). Not so sure if they did here though. Amanda?

HasiraKali
May 12th, 2006, 07:35 PM
The principal dancers? In the nude and leafy leotards? They didn't fly them. I don't think they did on Broadway either but I was watching a different character during that scene. ;) I know there are some people upstage right that come up from behind the biiiiiig plant guy. And then the ones that fly in from downstage left with the weird tassels. :hmm:

Oh and RE: Roger in TLoTLK: I thought that guy in all the pictures of the original cast looked familiar. :lol:

Lion_King_300
May 12th, 2006, 08:39 PM
TLKOB Japanese clip (http://students.washington.edu/tim300/lionking_coljp.ram)

Here's a direct link to, well it's not really a commercial, but more of a montage of clips from the TLKOB Japan show played to the Circle of Life tune, I saved the link when I came across the webpage a long time ago and although the site where the link was went down, the link itself still works! Enjoy.

Lion_King_300
May 12th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Time for more clips: If anyone wants to see Vince Harder in action, here he is: He does seem a lot shorter and not as buff as most of the other Simbas I've seen (and he's one of the most white, too!) but that's just my observation.

Vince Harder (http://win-media.f2.com.au/media/2003/10/16/12937_4.wmv)

Zaya
May 12th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Nice videos :D thanks for the links :D

Hmmmmm...I think he's quite buff tho :confused:...isn't he a maori? That's why he's whiter than others that are mostly african or african-american :)...actually for me, the only question was if there are no black people in Japan or black people speaking Japanese, since in other countries to be of African descent is almost a must to be able to perform as Rafiki for example :confused: or was it just a decision they made :)

PS: I'm going to 17th heaven with that CD now, my very own Simba, singing for me =D

White Wagtail
May 13th, 2006, 05:01 AM

wow. It evoked my memory of TLKoB. I'd love to see once more!

...actually for me, the only question was if there are no black people in Japan or black people speaking Japanese, since in other countries to be of African descent is almost a must to be able to perform as Rafiki for example :confused: or was it just a decision they made :)

I've never heard there are black people in Shiki. But I'm not sure.
(I don't know so much about Shiki or TLKoB)
I heard there are many Chinese and Korean people performing in TLKoB and other Shiki plays,
and there is an actress from Belgium.

Sharifu
May 13th, 2006, 08:04 AM
same, just that it saves in about a second and won't open it in any type of video program I have :confused:

I had that same problem with my laptop, but then I tried it on my dad's laptop. You do need RealPlayer to play it.

Here's a direct link to, well it's not really a commercial, but more of a montage of clips from the TLKOB Japan show played to the Circle of Life tune, I saved the link when I came across the webpage a long time ago and although the site where the link was went down, the link itself still works! Enjoy.

You and Nathalie posted the same clip. :p Thanks for that guys! Japanese TLKoB footage seems rare.

Time for more clips: If anyone wants to see Vince Harder in action, here he is: He does seem a lot shorter and not as buff as most of the other Simbas I've seen (and he's one of the most white, too!) but that's just my observation.

Vince Harder (http://win-media.f2.com.au/media/2003/10/16/12937_4.wmv)

I've seen that clip in this thread before: http://leahalalela.com/showthread.php?threadid=5077

It's neat to see other casts.

nathalie
May 13th, 2006, 08:08 AM
I also have some Dutch clips.
Source: www.carolinafansite.nl

This should be an international cast + the Dutch cast.
And it features Etienne as Simba.
click (www.carolinafansite.nl/Streams/Lion%20King/_dvcr003_NEW.wmv)

This is a live performances by Carolina and Gino (Gino --> replacement Simba for Etienne, he got insured on his knee)
click (www.carolinafansite.nl/Streams/L&C/Life%20&%20cooking%2013%20feb.wmv)

And this is Danny.
Gino didn't wanted to stay they lead Simba, so they had to find another one.
This is also live, and from the Dutch musical awards.
click (www.carolinafansite.nl/Streams/Musical%20award%20gala%202005/Fragmenten%20Lion%20King.wmv)

Sharifu
May 13th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
This should be an international cast + the Dutch cast.
And it features Etienne as Simba.
click (www.carolinafansite.nl/Streams/Lion%20King/_dvcr003_NEW.wmv)

This is a live performances by Carolina and Gino (Gino --> replacement Simba for Etienne, he got insured on his knee)
click (www.carolinafansite.nl/Streams/L&C/Life%20&%20cooking%2013%20feb.wmv)

And this is Danny.
Gino didn't wanted to stay they lead Simba, so they had to find another one.
This is also live, and from the Dutch musical awards.
click (www.carolinafansite.nl/Streams/Musical%20award%20gala%202005/Fragmenten%20Lion%20King.wmv)

I remember these videos. ;) Hehe.

Zaya
May 13th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Hmmm...anybody plans to see the musical in the near future...don't remember hearing reports from people who've seen it for the first time in a long time now :)

HasiraKali
May 13th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Hmm... yeah. Where are all the TLKoB virgins? :lol:

And speaking of first times... who was everyone's first Simba? Mine was Jason Raize. ;) :(

nathalie
May 13th, 2006, 06:55 PM
That's because no one ever wanted to go with me *boehoe* :( *cries*

So I just had to find an alternative, which I prefer better ^_^ haha

HasiraKali
May 13th, 2006, 06:57 PM
An alternative? What would that be? :confused:

Zaya
May 13th, 2006, 07:14 PM
My first Simba..uhuh;) I guess yall know that...Brian Makiwane...and I took a gooooood look at him alright ;)

What alternative?

nathalie
May 13th, 2006, 07:16 PM
The alternative --> see it in London with people who also actually wanna see it *yay*

Because I failed to drag someone to Holland *lol*.

HasiraKali
May 13th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Ooooh. I thought you meant some other way to view the show. ;)

nathalie
May 13th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Oooh, those alternatives exhists aswell, but I usually don't talk about stuff like that in a public place, haha.

HasiraKali
May 13th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Yeah we can't deny that they exist. But it's probably best not to talk about them in the open ;)

Zaya
May 13th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Are you two hiding something from me? ;) :lol:

nathalie
May 13th, 2006, 07:32 PM
o_O I'd never :p

But you already know that from me :)

Zaya
May 13th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Oh yes yes...we're all very nice here, we would never record the shows or something :D From now on, even the pics posted here, will have a sign about the page they came from ;)

HasiraKali
May 13th, 2006, 07:36 PM
:lol: Perhaps. But I am good.

nathalie
May 13th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Hey, I posted the source from those clips I putted here :p

And well, millions of visiters, someone will always try and sneak something in.
That's with regular concerts just the same.

Enough about that :p

I thought you were gonna look for some Etienne photo's? :D

HasiraKali
May 13th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Most of the photos were taken by Joan Marcus so it's pretty easy to credit them anyway. :lol:

Edit: There are some Etienne pics here. http://www.musicals.nl/lionking/2216_5459.asp But those are pretty common. He's very elusive :p

HasiraKali
May 13th, 2006, 08:06 PM
:lol: I was just poking around on the Japanese site and this is the goofiest picture ever. :lol:
http://www.shiki.gr.jp/applause/lionking/images/ch05.jpg

Lion_King_300
May 13th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Hmm... yeah. Where are all the TLKoB virgins? :lol:

And speaking of first times... who was everyone's first Simba? Mine was Jason Raize. ;) :(

Lucky you! Mine was little-known, his name was Brandon Louis, from Salem, Oregon, and he has family in Seattle. He wasn't with the tour very long but he was able to perform in front of his hometown crowd at the Paramount Theatre up here and that was very special for him. He performed the part so well had an awesome rich voice, and interacted very well with Nala onstage. Currently he's part of the Broadway cast in the Ensemble, and understudying as Simba, he definitely deserved that opportunity. I'll try to get a screenshot of him but there's nothing online right now.

(This is a little weird blabbing on about guys because I think i'm the only guy that regularly posts in this thread) :eww:

So I'll add that my first Nala was Adia Ginneh, which amazingly was her first professional theatrical role ever! (She said she hadn't been in a musical since high school). She didn't stay with the tour very long either, she was probably substituted by someone with more acting experience.

Zaya
May 14th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Oh, yes, Nalas tooo :D, OK first Nala, Alexia Khadime..."sit down and stare" case she's amazing!

Sharifu
May 14th, 2006, 11:57 AM
My first Simba and Nala were the same actors as Lion_King_300's firsts. ;)