PDA

View Full Version : Musical Looking for TLKoB midis

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Shatara
March 28th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Darkslash
Sounds like a great time... everyone always has awesome reviews of it...

I really really need to get serious about haulin' up to Chicago this summer.

Anyone want to go along? I might :vitsm:

LunarCat
March 28th, 2005, 09:32 PM
glad ya liked it Shatara ;) sounds like you had an Amazing time. :D :cheese:

This section has been moved downward.
i'm trying to convince my Dad to take me to it in NYC again, but he wants to see Phantom of the Opera, of course i really don't care, i love musical theatre! :D :cheese:

Sharifu
March 29th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Shatara
Case in point:
Scar: I need to be bucked up!
Zazu: You're 'bucked up'. Royally.

Haha, yeah, that was funny. :p

Then at the end he was like:
"These look like shower curtains from K-Mart...wait...! My bird! Where's my bird!?

When I saw TLKoB last September, Zazu said, "These look like curtains from Pier 1." XD

And yes, I remember young Simba taking the Zazu puppet.

I loved the Zazu puppet, and the hynea puppets! So awesome! I want to see TLKoB again, and I will when it's in my town next January.

Ralli
March 29th, 2005, 03:25 PM
...Gah! I LOVED TLKoB! It's almost up there on my list of favourite musicals...Cats and RENT beat it for me. *mauled* But...it is just so freakishly awesome. :o

Case in point:
Scar: I need to be bucked up!
Zazu: You're 'bucked up'. Royally.

Nooobody was 'spectin that one XD

So like um...yeah. [/B]

:Perks: I thought Zazu said "You've 'bucked up'. Royally."

Either way...Zazu was the best charrie in the show. :haha: I never cared too much for Zazzy before I saw the show. Now he's...like...my favourite. It's sort of a three-way tie between him and Timon and Pumbaa. *coughs* Getting off topic... But he was just always coming up with these wise cracks ("You want the short list or the long?") towards Scar and his spazzing out when Mufasa joked around was hilarious, to me.

*ponders* I also loved the new things in there. The lioness hunt is just way too awesome. Rafiki's mourning...I wasn't exactly fond of Timon's nearly dying (Timon has the worst luck with waterfalls...:growl: ) but I guess that was something they put in there to kinda give Simba more reason to be reminded of his father's death. *shrugs* But on a lighter note, I found the madness of King Scar pretty amusing...but sorta scary...

ooh! Mufasa's 'joke' bit! I don't know if they have it in every show (they did all three times I've seen it), but Mufasa says Sarabi insisted that Zazu should be fired and Zazu starts spazzing and grovelling and I so wish they'd had it in the movie because it was just so funny. "Your humour never fails to abuse me". Or was it amuse me? *hasn't seen the show in months*

...the Charleston thing sorta scared me when I first saw it. :lol: I totally wasn't expecting it. I was cracking up. Yea, I guess the hula would be pretty hard to do with the puppet.

Mushroom
March 29th, 2005, 03:54 PM
There's one line that Scar says and it sounds like an improv but it's in the script.

Simba and Scar are just coming on stage where the gorge is all set up and Simba is playing with Scar's tail.
Scar: Right now-uh-*grabs his tail*-give me that if you don't mind.

I just love that little bit it just shows how touchy Scar is, lol. I've seen it twice in London and it was fantstic but young Simba with a thick british accent, no, it's just all wrong couldn't they have told the kind to do like a spunky american accent, he was just all like;
"Oh, I just can't wait to be king, jolly good show Nala!" No, it's just not right.

LunarCat
March 29th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion

Glad you enjoyed it mate :cheese: !!! I would like to go and see it, but it's too expensive, and it's in the US :( ...

its in London! :D :cheese: ;) at least last time i was there it was......

Kiara Serengeti
March 30th, 2005, 03:27 PM
anyone mind if I stowaway with the next person going to TLKoB :kovusmile: :browlift:

ChildOfThePride
March 30th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Ditto, Kiara Serengeti!

Actually, every year my city does a play. EVERYONE gets to try out if they want to.

Next year, if we can get the rights to it (meaning, if it somehow stops making money), we'll be doing it.

Eeeeeeeeee!

Sharifu
March 30th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Lunarcat
its in London! :D :cheese: ;) at least last time i was there it was......

Yes it is playing in London!
http://www.disney.co.uk/MusicalTheatre/TheLionKing/home/index.html

:D

Go see it STL!

King Simba
March 30th, 2005, 09:29 PM
4 hours drive away = not that bad I suppose. ;)

Sharifu
March 30th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by King Simba
4 hours drive away = not that bad I suppose. ;)

Yeah, and when you are done watching the show, go here (http://www.therainforestcafe.co.uk/) to eat. :D

Hehe, a couple days ago I was in San Francisco with my mom and we saw this really neat resturant and shop called the Rainforest Cafe (http://www.rainforestcafe.com/default.asp). It was neat and cool inside! I reminded me of Disneyland. ^_^ I want to go back there sometime and eat there. :cheese:

Hmm... If TLKoB was still playing in San Francisco, that would of been the perfect combo for a party... See TLKoB then go to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. :D

nafklt
March 31st, 2005, 12:13 AM
^Ooo... the Rainforest Cafe...:hmm: I ate there at Downtown Disney in Anaheim. We reserved at 10:00AM and got a ticket reserved for 9:00PM...:rolleyes:

@Shatara: :hmm: Well, I do remember something about K-mart...:hmm:

King Simba
March 31st, 2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Yeah, and when you are done watching the show, go here (http://www.therainforestcafe.co.uk/) to eat. :D
Whoa, that place looks pretty cool. :cheese:

Lion_King_300
April 1st, 2005, 07:40 PM
I know there are quite a few of you out there that have seen The Lion King on Broadway Musical either in New York, London or touring across the country, so I figure I'd get your opinions.

What is your absolute overall favorite scene in TLKOB? Take all things into consideration: Acting, scenery, dancing, music. I realize this may be difficult but try to narrow it down.

Also, please vote only if you have seen TLKOB live on stage.

Sombolia
April 1st, 2005, 09:38 PM
I haven't seen it. :( But I'm gonna see it in a couple of weeks! ;)

By the way, I love your signature! You might wanna downsize it though, it's a little too big. ;)

Iestyn
April 1st, 2005, 09:41 PM
I haven't seen it either :tears: if anyone gets a spare ticket then please give me a call ;)

TakaTiger
April 2nd, 2005, 12:56 AM
I have yet to see it :D

unregistered user
April 2nd, 2005, 01:04 AM
sorry, I only have used tickets Iestyn?, but I can send you one of them;)

nafklt
April 2nd, 2005, 01:23 AM
Ooo!! The stampede scene was awesome! First it was the little shadow puppets then that rolling apparatus with the wildebeests on thema and then the larger ones until it's finally with people dancing on stage with huge wildebeest shields!! That's so awesome!!:cool: The One By One scene was pretty awesome too with the Hanging bird waver dudes in the audience!:cool: But too bad it wasn't the TLKoB in New York, I saw the one touring in Seattle on New Year's Eve... something I will never forget...:emo:

unregistered user
April 2nd, 2005, 11:50 AM
no broadway here :( :emo: in malaysia..whuah... lol :lol:

Dare
April 2nd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Stampede, hands down. *nodnods*

Ngatuny
April 2nd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Haven't been lucky enough to see it, yet ;)

2 Die FR
April 3rd, 2005, 04:46 AM
The opening number did it in for me. Seeing all those animals on stage together for the first time was jaw-dropping. All those actors became the creatures they represented and just came to life. Oh, and seeing Pride Rock rise up from the stage floor was cool too.

Lion_King_300
April 3rd, 2005, 08:28 AM
That's so cool that you finally got to see TLKoB 2 Die Fr. I read that other thread about your friends not wanting to go, that's just awful and I hope they apologize profusely after they realize their actions.

:(

I'm also glad to hear you were able to see the show with your family and they enjoyed it. When it comes down to it, your family will be the closest friends you will ever have in life.

I also wanted it to be a special moment when I went for the first time with my closest friends, and I invited two of them along w/my sister (the two that either shared a mutual interest in TLK or that showed the most understanding) and I purchased the tix over FIVE months in advance (July for a December show) and to my surprise from the first day they were so supportive and glad to have been invited.

When the day finally came it was like... seriously it was something I was looking forward to every day for 5 months, and it all culminated in three hours of being completely awestruck, almost like an out-of-body experience! You are SO right when you say that no words to this show any true justice.

Anyway, I had to agree with you that the Circle of Life scene was indeed spectacular, I'm not a typically emotional person either but I was just about moved to tears after that scene as well as the Mufasa's Ghost scene (HLIY reprise) because it is just so poignant how they intertwine the song with the dialogue between Simba and his father. And then the end when he goes from what I call his "low point of denial" to his "pinnacle of revelation" and he realizes he must take his place in the COL, leaping on stage w/all the ensemble dancers. (signature pic) Did you like how they did that scene too?

Again glad to hear you enjoyed it 2DieFr, surely TLKoB is something that will affect everyone differently, and it surely touched me very deeply emotionally. That is the magic of live theater!

I'll start a new thread and post my TLKoB review for those that are interested in reading more about the show.

:wow:

Lion_King_300
April 3rd, 2005, 09:45 AM
Great pics, WOW!!!

Looks like you enjoyed yourself down here, come back and visit again!

I'm thinking about road tripping down to Portland in September to see TLKOB... hehe anyone from seattle interested? Who knows when they'll be back in this area, Spokane was just announced for late 2005 but that's even farther drive from Seattle than Portland Oregon is!

:eek:

nafklt
April 3rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks!:cheese: Of course I'll visit again, Seattle is such a beautiful city...:cheese:
Nah, I can't go roadtrippin' but maybe try askin' Starlioness...:P

Sharifu
April 3rd, 2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Lion_King_300
I'm thinking about road tripping down to Portland in September to see TLKOB... hehe anyone from seattle interested? Who knows when they'll be back in this area, Spokane was just announced for late 2005 but that's even farther drive from Seattle than Portland Oregon is!

I was thinking about it... My mom lives in Oregon, although it's a few hours drive still to Portland... (She lives in Medford) But I might go to Oregon this summer. And my mom and I thought it would be neat to see Portland, maybe we can plan to go while TLKoB is playing. ;) I would love to see TLKoB again.

2 Die FR
April 3rd, 2005, 07:20 PM
My friends, apologize? Heck no. They said absolutely nothing about it (even though my new tlkob shirt is kind of hard to miss;)) but this is actually the way I prefer. I can't make them like it, so why bother?

Although, if given the chance, I would LOVE to mingle with the "Lea crowd." In other words, people who care about tlk, and what's more, each other.:hugs:

Taking my family instead was the best choice I could have made. I'm real fortunate to be so close with my family; as you say, they are the most important people to spend time with.

Yes, that scene was awesome too, with all the colorful costumes and dancing...actually, everything was pretty awesome, so who am I to pick and choose?:cheese:

Again glad to hear you enjoyed it 2DieFr, surely TLKoB is something that will affect everyone differently, and it surely touched me very deeply emotionally. That is the magic of live theater!

Couldn't have said it better myself. The very essence of live theater is to use your imagination to fill in between the lines where the live actors and their characters and puppets have left off. It just comes to life. Something like that doesn't happen every day. Having the privilege of seeing the play is something I will cherish for quite some time.

starlioness
April 3rd, 2005, 08:31 PM
i'd go if you can buy me a ticket :browlift: :haha: oh well, I'm sure you'd have more fun seeing TLKOB by yourself anyway. it's cheaper too;)

*sucks being poor* quick , someone send me money for TLKOB on my birthday.. ;) :p :rolleyes:

Azerane
April 4th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Well it's just been confirmed and I am really grateful for it... My birthday present this year, is a trip to Melbourne with my brother and my mum to see TLKoB! It really means a lot to me that my mum's actually coming with me, because when I first mentioned it she just thought I meant me going to see it but I said I wanted us to drive across, then she said that'd be great because she was interested in seeing it to and my brother decided that it'd be cool to come to so that really means a lot to me. Also today I bought the sheet music for piano for TLKoB, it has a lot of the songs on it and my mum's looking foward to playing them as she can play the piano really well... whereas it's gonna take me quite a long time to play them decently. But yeah, just thought I'd say that that really made me happy because it's something that means a lot to me.:) So later this year, I'll be seeing TLKoB in Melbourne.

unregistered user
April 4th, 2005, 05:43 PM
I haven't seen TLKoB, yet! But, most likely it'll be IJCWtbK.

;)

Lion_King_300
April 4th, 2005, 07:12 PM
It's still a bit early (tickets for portland are not on sale yet) but I was going to try get a group of people that didn't get to see it the first time around to make the trip (about 3 hour drive from seattle)

Heh, since I've seen it already I don't think I'd enjoy driving 3 hours to see it again by myself, I was intending it to be more a group activity so others can experience this show.

I'm going to buy a batch of tickets and invite anyone I know that wants to go, and if I have an extra one than you can go down if you want for free. How about that?

starlioness
April 4th, 2005, 07:24 PM
coool! road trip!:cool: :ayecapn:

now we'll just have to wait to see what happens ;)

Thanks Lion king 3000! :slimey:

Sharifu
April 4th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Hey hey... I wouldn't be joining the road trip, (I'd be coming from the south, not the north) ;) but maybe I could come too? I wonder how long it will be playing in Portland, and when in September it will start playing, hopefully in the beginning of the month. (I think I will be in Oregon then)

Mushroom
April 4th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I loved the first scene that was incredible!

Although I loved TLKOB, I thought the fighting (especially when Simba tossed Scar over the edge of the cliff) was really cheesy and badly done.

Lion_King_300
April 5th, 2005, 12:13 AM
I agree, I didn't like the battle scene very much. They attempted to make the fighting more like theatrical dance and in my opinion it didn't work. Also the part with the silk screen and shadows I don't think was necessary.

I also thought IJCWTBK was particularly weak as well, at least at my performances young Simba and Nala didn't sing very well. I know they're kids but I have really high standards and this scene I don't think lived up to the rest of the show. Of course, the first 2 votes in my poll were FOR IJCWTBK so we're all entitled to our differing opinions!

I would have like to see more interaction betwen Simba and Nala in Can You Feel the Love Tonight, it irked me that for a lot of the song including the melodic instrumental interlude they were standing on opposite sides of the stage... doing nothing. Kind of defeats the purpose of the scene???

:horror:

Lion_King_300
April 5th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Well I was just kidding about the "road trip" part, I meant we would just drive down and drive back the same night. Hope anyone didn't get confused, it's not going to be a real road trip. And yeah Sharifu I'd love to meet up with you there, once tix go on sale we can pick a mutual date and time to go see it.

Starlioness, where exactly are you in the Seattle area, like what city? You probably live pretty close to me, i'd like to meet you sometime if it's not too out of the way.

You can send me an e-mail or something if you don't want to post here... seems like I'm the most lax around here about letting others know my personal information. :gasp: :gasp: :gasp: :evilgrin:

starlioness
April 5th, 2005, 01:12 AM
I always thought road trip meant going on the road in a car :p. I knew it was " go there/come right back" type of thing. ;).. err.. I hope we get rest stops ( to use bathroom and such) my bladder doesn't hold up well, for 3 hrs straight *blush*

as to where I live , I live in the city of Shoreline, though the post office still uses Seattle. it's kind of between Edmonds and Seattle like Seattle , but at the edge of the King county/Snohomish county line .. I live near N 175h and 15th ave NE in North city via Shoreline.. near Richmond beach but not. but I'm really close to the !75th exit in Shoreline.. just go east about 12 blocks from that . does that help?:confused:

Lion_King_300
April 5th, 2005, 04:04 AM
Wow, cool! I live about 15-20 minutes away from you. :wow: I used to go to Shoreline quite often, and I had a friend that went to Shoreline Community College. Every once in a while I'll go bowl at the old Spin Alley because they have still have old wood lanes but that center isn't maintained very well. Traffic is pretty bad in shoreline though especially Aurora Avenue :eek: so I try to avoid it if possible!

I could probably find your place, I'm pretty familiar with the area. Let me know if you want to meet/hang out sometime. Small world we live in!

:cool:

Sharifu
April 5th, 2005, 05:10 AM
That would be cool if you guys did go and I could join. It would be cool to meet you Lion_King_300 and of course, Starlioness. My TLK/Balto/Spirit/Gargoyles/anything animated buddy. ;) :cheese:

nafklt
April 5th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Wow...:P Could the northwest coast of N. America be the largest concentrated number of LK fan buddies from Lea?:gasp:

starlioness
April 5th, 2005, 04:06 PM
hehe, we should probably have a convention or something ;)

hmmm... I think TLK/Balto/Spriit/Gargoyles/Animation/anything buddy is a bit long for a member title eh?.

sure LK300 . it'd be cool to meet you.. :) but I'm going to have to send you a P.M so nobody stink bombs my house :hmm:

Lion_King_300
April 5th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Hey Sharifu, do you go do San Jose State???

:hmm:

Starlioness, I just added my AIM screenname to my profile so you or anyone else that wants to chat can look me up, I will try to be on as often as possible.

Lion_King_300
April 5th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Hey everyone, here is the detailed review I wrote of TLKoB that I said I was going to post. I encourage you to read it if you're curious and want to find out more about how incredibly innovative this show is. It does give a few things away, though, so "Be Prepared" for some spoilers :)

Let me know what you guys think, I think it's one of my better pieces of writing.

:cool:

Tim's TLKOB Review (http://students.washington.edu/tim300/lion_king_on_broadway_review.htm)

nafklt
April 6th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Awesomeness!:wow:

nafklt
April 6th, 2005, 01:20 AM
I didn't like the Hyena aerobic dance scene...that had absolutley nothing that gets to do with TLK...:confused:

starlioness
April 6th, 2005, 03:33 AM
you mind expalining the shower curitain joke? I don't get it...:confused:

Bucked up?! WTF? when does Scar say that? ...

nafklt
April 6th, 2005, 03:45 AM
I think it was Zazu that said the curtains looked like shower curtains from K-Mart or something...:confused:

Lion_King_300
April 6th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Oh yeah are you talking about the end of Be Prepared where it kinda goes all disco for a minute??? That was sooo weird, I was like uhh.... that didn't belong there!

:thinks:

Lion_King_300
April 6th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Yes, just prior to the Can't Wait to Be King scene, Zazu is left alone upstage and then the curtains are revealed, there are really art deco with lots of bright colors and patterns, and he makes a comment like "This looks like a shower curtain from Pier 1 (imports)" or K-mart or some random chain store that sells things for the home.

Interesting note - according to others' reviews Zazu has said K-mart, Ikea, Honest Ed's (Toronto performances, it is a Canadian based store), and Pier 1. Really cool how they change the script from city to city for this line. Or maybe rather from day to day because for both my shows he said "Pier 1" and he might have switched to K-mart for nafklt's show.

And the infamous "bucking up joke"... that occurs just before the song "Madness of King Scar," an added scene that helps explain why Nala runs away. Scar is shown with Zazu in his cage, he is lamenting on how although he is King he feels depressed and lonely... it goes something like this:

Scar: Oh Zazu, nobody loves me! I need to be bucked up!
Zazu: You ARE bucked up, Sire. Royally.

:lol:

This show ain't just for kids ya know!

unregistered user
April 6th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Oh yeah are you talking about the end of Be Prepared where it kinda goes all disco for a minute???

Really? Were there disco balls and lava lamps?

:cheese: :D :lol:

Simba Child
April 6th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Cool LK300!

Lion_King_300
April 6th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Not really. As I remember there's a short interlude and then the tempo changes and there a thumping background beat that starts all of a sudden, the stage suddenly gets bright red and colored strobe lights flash and move everywhere.

I think it was meant to re-create the end of Be Prepared from the movie when the graveyard goes all crazy... but it sure was weird! Just the way Scar intended.

:evilgrin:

nafklt
April 7th, 2005, 02:33 AM
List so far...:hmm:
Lion_King_300
Simba_Child
Starlioness
nafklt
Mufasa (until he moved to Florida...:hmm: )
Sudi

nafklt
April 7th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Exactly!:knowdees:

@Sonique: Some hyenas enter from stage left, dance all the way to upstage right with all this jiffy music goin on'...:hmm: Didn't fit if ya' asked me...:woeisme:

Shatara
April 7th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Oh yeah are you talking about the end of Be Prepared where it kinda goes all disco for a minute??? That was sooo weird, I was like uhh.... that didn't belong there!

:thinks: Yeah...it was so out of place...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/bumms/o_O.gif

Major 'wtf' factor there.

That and IJCWTBK were my only gripes.

Everything else was uber beyond description :D

Sharifu
April 7th, 2005, 07:02 AM
No I don't go to San Jose State. ;) (I have some friends that do though)

I am going to a different school right now, not sure where I will be going next though.

Roku
April 7th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Cool that you're meeting up, enjoy the show mates =D !!! I wanna see it badly, but it's not near me, and it's too expensive anyway :hmm: . Ah well =) ...
Same issue here.....:alone:

Ralli
April 9th, 2005, 05:03 PM
...Ehehehe...I'm the only one who liked that little dance scene in Be Prepared. :hehe: I was like: "Wee, lookit'em go!" Then again, I was like that in the the He Lives in You Reprise. o.O Eh, my favourites are the little added scenes...mainly Mufasa joking with Zazu...I wish they'd had that in the movie...aw well. My favourite's not listed: The Lioness Hunt. It wasn't needed, they could've just had Nala being groomed by Sarafina like they had done in the movie, but wasn't it a nice touch? So catchy and just 'pure dance' as one dude who helped put TLKoB together called it...:-) And I'm also very fond of One by One. Then the Circle of Life (Opening), because there's nothing like it, I guess. I don't know. I just love it. So I'll vote for it.

Lucy Lioness
April 10th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Hi!

I thought the entire show was fantastic - I saw the show in London. The Circle of Life scene was fabulous...I loved the scene with Mufasa's ghost as well, so emotional! :emo: I thought the weird Hyena disco-dance thing was strange too :confused: It just didn't feel quite right to me.

unregistered user
April 16th, 2005, 12:36 PM
what's so wrong about the dance in the graveyard? I found it good as all the other scenes! (agree with Ralli, you thought it too, right?):) Can't exactly say wich scene that is better than another, every scene was the same for me: fantastic! I really wan't to see the whole show again. Why can't they record it and realese it on DVD?

Ralli
April 16th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Ciara Zukunft
what's so wrong about the dance in the graveyard? I found it good as all the other scenes! (agree with Ralli, you thought it too, right?):) Can't exactly say wich scene that is better than another, every scene was the same for me: fantastic! I really wan't to see the whole show again. Why can't they record it and realese it on DVD?

Yea, I liked it. Then again, I have odd tastes. :evilgrin: You have no idea.

Oh, Frith forbid that they record and release it on DVD. They'll butcher it like they did to CATS. :eww: *huggles her CATS merchandise*

unregistered user
April 16th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Then I have an odd taste too:p Sad that they don't do a DVD of it. I'd love to have one of them then;)

unregistered user
April 19th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by nafklt
@Sonique: Some hyenas enter from stage left, dance all the way to upstage right with all this jiffy music goin on'...:hmm: Didn't fit if ya' asked me...:woeisme:

Hmm... well, next time; show 'em how it's done. Dance Nafklt, dance...

:bleen: :D :lol: ;) :evilgrin:

Sombolia
April 22nd, 2005, 11:36 PM
Flippin amazing :p

I saw it. Last night, actually. It was perfect.. funny when it was supposed to be, sad when it was supposed to be...

Yea if you couldn't tell, I don't have much intelligent things to say about it. It was that good.

The "Chow Down" and hyena breakdancing scenes were both random and unnessicary :confused: Entertaining, though. Rock IS dead. It lives in the Elephant Graveyard.

"Shadowland" scene was beautiful, they should've gone with that one for the SE instead of Morning Report.. e_e And "The Madness of King Scar" was hilarious xD To me at least.. "You have bucked up, royally."

I got some cool stuff... Scar "I'm Surrounded By Idiots" T-Shirt, a T-Shirt with the the TLKoB logo all silver-ized with gazzelles at the bottom, a poster, a keychain, a pin.. I would've bought the whole stand but meh, they wouldn't let me :p

Anyhow.. if it's ever around your area.. see it! And if you've already seen it.. see it again! :D

Oh yea. The guy controlling Timon looked like the Jolly Green Giant. Just thought I'd say that.

TakaTiger
April 23rd, 2005, 12:00 AM
ahh, everyone is gettin to go see it, i feel left out :P i should start walking, maby i can make it to NY in a couple of months :evilgrin:

Sombolia
April 23rd, 2005, 12:12 AM
The disco dance thing was funny :lol:

I voted for CoL just 'cause I can :idiot: Naww.. I liked it.. :p

Ralli
April 23rd, 2005, 02:09 AM
Is it not just all around great?

...I'm not even the biggest hyena fan (love'em to death, though) but I still ADORED Chow Down...:jejeje: I don't know why. Same with the little disco thingeh the hyenas do in Be Prepared. It makes me go 'yay' :o

...No dissin' teh Timon actor dude. Even though I must agree the resemblance between him and the giant dude is quite something...:eek:

Aurelian
April 23rd, 2005, 03:28 AM
I feel you, TakaTiger. Even if I COULD get to New York, I could NEVER afford a Broadway play on my salary. We can feel left out together.

BTW, TT, I did see your IM mesaage today, but didn't have a chance to respond when I realized I let my MSN on. Sorry about that.

Lion King Stu
April 23rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
I'm going to see it in the next school holidays woot!!

unregistered user
April 23rd, 2005, 09:52 AM
me... next 10 years ;)
or someone gonna take me ;)

Ralli
April 23rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
:lol: I saw the tour! Dear Frith, I couldn't afford going up to New York City and seeing a Broadway show, as much as I'd LOVE to do it.

TakaTiger
April 23rd, 2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Roquivo

BTW, TT, I did see your IM mesaage today, but didn't have a chance to respond when I realized I let my MSN on. Sorry about that.

tis ok ^^ :ayecapn:

Atimon
April 23rd, 2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Oh yea. The guy controlling Timon looked like the Jolly Green Giant. Just thought I'd say that.

Personally, I like the idea of the Timon-puppet ^^
I think it looks really cute, shows the talent of the actor -if you really think of the puppet as a 'real' character/actor while watching it, like the lions for example and nealry forget that it is just a puppet, then you are lucky and see a very talented actor there that evening :)
And I've read the book of the person who's name 'mustn't be mentioned' and so I know what problems they actually had findig the perfect solution of showing timon in the musical, since he and the lions are of very different sizes. And it looks better than a timon who is as big as simba like in Disney on ice :p and that the actor behind timon is green...well, timon lives in the jungle, doesn't he? ;p

I watched the boradway show five times by now (the last time on april 4th) and again i was so fascinated! by now it is always like coming home if you sit there and wait the show to begin. they did a very good job by creating that wonderful show out of the movie!
well, just my one and only always lasting hate-scene was, is and always will be the waterfall-scene, though. Shows a completely insulting, primitive and wrong realtionship between timon and simba and a losing, failing and weak timon who fails even though he tries to keep pace. no discussions here, you'll lose anyway ;)

but all in all it is a great show! :D

Ralli
April 23rd, 2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Atimon

well, just my one and only always lasting hate-scene was, is and always will be the waterfall-scene, though. Shows a completely insulting, primitive and wrong realtionship between timon and simba and a losing, failing and weak timon who fails even though he tries to keep pace. no discussions here, you'll lose anyway ;)

I'm stubborn and I've got to say it. Even though I'll 'lose anyway'. :rolleyes: Luckily enough, I'm used to losing. In my eyes, I think it's probably a fact that a meerkat couldn't jump near as far as a lion or a warthog. Short legs compared to the other two. I honestly don't think you're 'losing, failing, and weak' if it's physically impossible to do something...>.>

*mauled*

EDIT - Oh yea, the only thing I didn't like about TLKoB: Timon and Pumbaa seemed to be just as one-dimensional as they are in...*shudders* the T&P show. *GAG* Maybe not exactly, but still. *shrugs*

*brick'd*

Atimon
April 23rd, 2005, 04:13 PM
allright...heck, that the other forum where i posted exactly about the same thing some time ago seems to be down, then i just could have copied the text ;)

well, what i was talking about is that it is of course sure that a meerkat can't jump as far as a lion or a warthog, or eat as much as a lion as we've seen in tlk 1.5. BUT, i dislike both of the scenes, though.
since simba knows timon & pumbaa, so in this special case timon for many years, he should have known about his friend's abilities in my opinion. you don't have friends for discriminating them by showing them what they can't do in contrast to you all the time, that's no friendship. maybe some might be based like that, but i'd never imagine the friendship between the three like that. simba learned from his father that he should respect the other animals, especially also the smaller ones, ok, maybe he wanted to forget about his past so that he also wanted to forget about what he told him, but in my opinion there are so many little scenes you can see in the original movie, in which you can see that they are really buddies - and so even though I might be depressed, i'd NEVER cause a friend's death because of that, or make him do such dangerous things. in my opinion a friendship is based on trust and on the ability of knowing and respecting your friends' abilities. i always imagined simba to be a friend like that since he learned from his father to do so. maybe you can call those contests a kind of youth-games, if you want to find at least one positive thing in this scene, but the happenings at the waterfall are not a true fact and doesn't show a correct picture of the friendship between them. it was uneccessary and an insult to the friendship between them - just look at pumbaa who just stands there - doing NOTHING, watching his best buddie nearly die(!). it wasn't in the original movie, so i wonder myself why they came up with such a rubbish just to make the story a bit longer and to have 'thrill' in it. by letting timon nealry die they don't show anything of importance but shock others and i may point out that it made my little sister cry, a child of 9 years!
ok, by now i get used to the fact that disney lets timon nearly die in nearly every story, comic whatever, just read 'a snake in the grass' for example where he's nearly strangled by this snake two(!) times, but that's no reason for me to like those scenes, though!

ok, that was a lot but i hope you'll understand my opinion better now :)

Ralli
April 23rd, 2005, 11:23 PM
I always thought maybe Pumbaa and Simba sort of went into shock. *shrug* And that Simba hadn't really been thinking clearly, he was too...eh...energetic? I don't know. He seemed awful upbeat and, of course, they had to bring him back down by making him feel guilty for nearly killing Timon because he already felt guilty for supposively killing Mufasa.

But I'm an optimist when it comes to TLK. :p I try to ignore the fact that they abuse my favourite little meerkitty. Hence why I ignore the fact that the T&P show, the comics, and the books exist (...even though I'm in love with Kopa xD; he t'is such a sweety). I'm in denial. *dances*

Atimon
April 24th, 2005, 08:46 AM
yes, you've made a point but i still think simba wouldn't have done that. and then using timon's weakness to show hero simba and the audience that he's too..energetic..that made me run up the walls, that's the thing :/ heck, then he should have mad friends with a...frog in the scnee before and that one should have fallen down that %&/(%&"(?$/%&(/"?$&%(/"$ waterfall.
and then it is even not enough that it is just a waterfall, no it is a waterfall with crocodiles! i wonder myself why they didn't put all the predators who live in the jungle around the bottom of it, too, so that timon would be afraid much much more?! e.e and that pumbaa normally always starts to rescue timon no matter how shocking the situation might be, is a true fact and we've seen that in many other cases, so why not here?!
i wanted to see the show because i thought: hey, maybe they make timon look like a little nothing in the comics, episodes etc, but at least in the movie, the original movie it wasn't the case and so this could be a wonderful thing to watch - until i found the book by the person whose name mustn't be mentioned and had a look at that one special page some months before i went to see the show. well, than that naive thought was gone, too.
disney has nothing else to do than showing how weak and what a loser he ist in contrast to hero simba etc., face it and please face it that i don't like that scene because of that, that's all. I see it through the eyes of a true timon-fan, not a lion-fan, that's it.
and well, ignoring all the comics, stories etc. is not always that easy, especially when it comes as an unexpected shock, like in TLKoB or in TLK 1.5...

oh, and another Kopa-lover? :D *wheeee* me, too! Since I've read 'a snake in the grass' I'm so much in love with the story around the story with the snake (that one sucks, nothing else to add). Telling Nala to leave Kopa with them to cheer him up! :3 that was sooo cute! :D (that also inspired me for my last pic btw ;))

Sombolia
April 24th, 2005, 09:10 AM
What a nice little "debate" thing... :p

Yea the waterfall scene bugged me a little, but I can understand why Simba was "frozen".. and yea you said before that, they shouldn't expect Timpn to jump over the river.. I dunno. I was biased towards Simba in TLKoB, they made him a really likeable character in the play I think..

Meh -shrugs-

Atimon
April 24th, 2005, 09:18 AM
yes, simba maybe..but pumbaa standing next to him doing nothing as well...that was a bit...shocking...
and of course simba is a likeable character there, and well, besides of that special scene i liked him, too ^^

and i warned you that i would start to discuss that thing, not my fault :p ;)

Ralli
April 24th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I tend to come up with excuses for Disney. >.>; But yea, Timon = majorly abused because nobody seems to like the sidekicks....mainly Timon. *grumbles and glares at those many people*

But yea, I agree with you on all that. I was just trying to look at it from a lighter point of view...even though it's hard to when Timon nearly dies for the millionth time. :cringe:

And I'm not debating, Sombolia. When I debate, I'm usually like: OHMEHGAWDWTFPISHEDYOUSHALLALLPAY. :die:

*pouts* And I'm a major Timon fan. Like I said, though, tryin' to look at it from a...lighter...perspective. Because I'm one of those people who TRIES to not let things get to me, no matter how freakin' MUCH I want to strangle whomever came up with it. :evilgrin:

But I suppose it's my fault. *grin* I'm a very, very outspoken person. You have to have me chained up and gagged to keep me from speaking out my two cents worth. *dances*

[semi-off-topicness]

... *clings to Atimon* I envy your Timon-and-meerkats-in-general-drawing-skills to absolutely no end. o.o I swear, I find it easier to draw all of the other characters than them (and I usually draw the meerkats the most...because I have this odd fascination with both real and TLK meerkitties *squeal*).

[/semi-off-topicness]

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Atimon
April 24th, 2005, 11:38 AM
*lol* well, yes...i tried to see it from the same point of view ;) but since disney buried timon under a heap of predators or failure no matter where you look during the last years, it became more and more impossible to find anything positive about the meerkat :/ and so i started the way of going into war against disney with my fanart. that made me reacting so agressive against every new scene or whatever i find refering to timon and his ever lasting failure..
well, and then tlk 1.5 came out and made so many hate timon..i know what i am talking about..that happened in several forums and you even find fanart refering to this timon-hate.
however i think such discussions are always very interesting ^^

oh, meerkats...well, you don't know how hard i've worked on drawing timon... >.< it nearly freaked me out. even today i often look at my pictures and think: allright, you can call it timon, but it is not the tlk timon..strange and confusing thought, but those are my feelings about that :lol:
my personal tip: draw timon or another meerkat, compare it to a screengrab and look what you are drawing differently in contrast to the character's characteristics and then work on that..of course you can't hide your personal style completely, but it helps a lot ;)

Ralli
April 24th, 2005, 11:47 AM
I practically live at Fanfiction.net's TLK section and I've seen quite a few fanfics inspired by TLK1.5 and oddly enough a lot of the reviewers mention that TLK1.5 re-sparked their interest in TLK and/or made them like Timon and/or Pumbaa more. :o It actually did it for me. But then there's the other half who live in the fanart part of the fandom who got pissed off for the two starring in a new movie. x_x; Quite frankly, I'm wishing Disney'd come up with a movie starring Simba or Kovu or some other lions to shut'em up. ...and as long as the animation and story's decent (and as long as, if Timon pops up in it, that he doesn't have a girlfriend because me and several other T/P supporters shall be like 'nuuuuuuu!') than I'd be content if they came up with another'un.

...I'm getting offtopic again. *shot*

Azerane
April 24th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Ralli
:lol: I saw the tour! Dear Frith, I couldn't afford going up to New York City and seeing a Broadway show, as much as I'd LOVE to do it.

Frith and Inle!! How cool are all the lapine words that Adams created for Watership Down!! :cheese:

Back on topic, glad you enjoyed it so much Sombolia!! :D It makes me look foward to seeing it even more!!! :evilgrin:

I get to see it August this year, I'm seeing it with my mum and my brother for my Birthday, we're driving (or flying, we dunno which yet) to Melbourne ... I'm so excited! :D :cheese:

Atimon
April 24th, 2005, 12:20 PM
I practically live at Fanfiction.net's TLK section and I've seen quite a few fanfics inspired by TLK1.5 and oddly enough a lot of the reviewers mention that TLK1.5 re-sparked their interest in TLK and/or made them like Timon and/or Pumbaa more. :o It actually did it for me. But then there's the other half who live in the fanart part of the fandom who got pissed off for the two starring in a new movie. x_x; Quite frankly, I'm wishing Disney'd come up with a movie starring Simba or Kovu or some other lions to shut'em up. ...and as long as the animation and story's decent (and as long as, if Timon pops up in it, that he doesn't have a girlfriend because me and several other T/P supporters shall be like 'nuuuuuuu!') than I'd be content if they came up with another'un.

...I'm getting offtopic again. *shot*

yes, that was what i was thinking,too..most of them expected a kovu&kiara movie, with vitani&co. and simba and nala to show up sometimes...but insted there came tlk 1.5 with timon and pumbaa..it's not the characters' fault, but because they wanted to see their lions they ran up the walls shouting 'man, i hate timon and pumbaa and now this movie, i wanted a lion movie!' - and the last thing i want to hear here now is the 'it is called the LION king'- argument! the lion king without timon and pumbaa would be some bones in the desert left from simba after the first 40 minutes, please don't forget about that..

i'd be ok with your idea..a lion film with timon and pumbaa in it sometimes, but without girlfriends (even though i doubt that disney would ever come up with that idea, we've seen how much timon insists on being together with his buddies in tlk 1.5, i don't think he'd change his mind because of a girl who's interested in him) and not in this stupid sp-style to appear for making the audience laugh in such a stupid way, so that the lion fans are happy, too and so that the timon-bashing will stop..but who knows what disney'll come up with next...

ok, but we better stop now, too much off-topic i'm afraid ;)

Simba_TLK
May 1st, 2005, 09:55 AM
StE and I, went to see it last night :cheese:

it was great :D we had fun =D

this is a pic outside the theatre last night ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/terrynham/leahalalela/TLKoB-300405.jpg

LunarCat
May 1st, 2005, 04:22 PM
very cool! glad you had a good time! :D :cheese:

Suki
June 10th, 2005, 05:26 PM
For the third time ever, baby! Wo0+z!!! :hakuna::hakuna::hakuna: Me, my mom, Emily, her mom and my dad (and possibly my aunt) are seeing it!!! I've wanted my dad to see it because everytime I've seen it my mom's there and I've told him it's so cool.....

I'm planning on bringing a sign that says "The Lion King On Broadway Rocks!" too. :evilgrin:

IchLiebeNALA
June 10th, 2005, 06:45 PM
BAH! DAMN YOU WOMAN!!!! :grrr:

can i come?

Suki
June 10th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by IchLiebeNALA
BAH! DAMN YOU WOMAN!!!! :grrr:

can i come?

Meanie. No, you can't, not with that additude. :p

Sometimes I wish I were a monkey so I could throw poop at people and it would be legal.

O_O j/k

Edit: Some kid in my class wore a shirt that said that and had a pic of a monkey head...and he got in trouble XD

Lucy Lioness
June 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Hope ya have a great time Suki!

:D Three times as well! Lucky girl! Hehe. :D

Suki
June 10th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
:D Three times as well! Lucky girl! Hehe. :D

:D *buys another ticket for the next show* Let's go the the fourth time! XD j/k

EDIT: Instead, for NALA, we'll do the happy song!!! :D:D:D (I told you I ate too much sugar)

http://www.leahalalela.com/avatar.php?userid=636&dateline=1117977915

Lucy Lioness
June 10th, 2005, 06:52 PM
I could never go enough times! Lol. I have only been once, in London and I am dying to go again!:D

King Simba
June 10th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Awesomeness Suki. I'm hoping to see this show sometime...good thing they have TLKoB in London. ;)

Have fun for the 3rd time. ;) :cheese:

Ralli
June 10th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Have fun! =D Hope you enjoy it more than I did. xD; *dies* Well, I liked it, just didn't love it...

Simba22
June 10th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Oh man you are so lucky. 3 times? Wow, you must be rich.:cheese: I haven't been to see that once. Cause my mom and dad hate the fact that I like Disney. Well my dad hates it and my mom could care less. I got to learn how to take a train to NYC on my own.

Sombolia
June 11th, 2005, 01:43 AM
I wanna go with you ;__; *has only seen it once* xP

ChildOfThePride
June 11th, 2005, 02:26 AM
I may be seeing it in the near future....:jejeje:

unregistered user
June 11th, 2005, 02:36 AM
I haven't seen it yet, I'm beginning to doubt if I'll ever see it the way my wallet has been (empty). But hey, maybe i'll go with StE and Mabatu when I meet them in a few years if it's still playing in Aussie land ;)

Sharifu
June 11th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Lucky you! Have fun Suki! No doubt you will. ;)

I've seen it twice. Brad mentioned that TLKoB might be ending soon, within the next couple years. I hope it lasts longer then that!

Lion_King_300
June 11th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Hey hope you enjoyed the show. It'll be the third time for me too in TEN DAYS (June 22nd) and this time it'll be in New York on Broadway! My sister and I are also seeing Phantom of the Opera the day before TLKOB. Never been to NYC before, should be an *interesting* experience.

Mizani
June 11th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Lucky!:uhno:

Lucy Lioness
June 11th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Hehe, I wish I could go to see TLKoB that much, but it's incredibly expensive, and I would have to travel a long way to get there :( ...

Yeah it is expensive. My boyfriend and I had to go on a Tuesday because it was the cheapest day, and even then the tickets cost ?90. We got good seats though, The Royal Circle second from the front in the aisle seats. But there were tall people in front of us - and I am a shorty - Only 5 foot 2. But I had never been to a show before that and it was a totally amazing experience!
=D

Azerane
June 11th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I hope you have fun Suki!! It should be great! :D :cheese:

I get to see it in August this year, it's my birthday present so we're driving to melbourne to go and see it *dances* I can't wait!! :cheese:

And Ravoc which year are you coming to Australia, because if you're coming in 2007 there's a good chance that it will still be playing in Melbourne because it only opens there July 28th this year :)

simba2662
June 11th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone, new member here. Ive seen it in syd about a year ago and have got tickets to the last show front row very centre. Very excited.

Was so sad to find out about the original Simba taking his own life. Heres a tribute page if anyone wants to leave a comment

http://www.blogofdeath.com/archives/000732.html

Miss ya Jason

Nalinda
June 11th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I wanna go see it too.. I've never seen it :tears: But I hope I will soon!

Btw, Welcome simba2662 :-) Hope you'll like it here.

unregistered user
June 11th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Welcome to Lea halalela!

I didn't notice you were from Australia Azerane ^^ I'll see you too then when I get there =P Hmm.. more than likely it will be in 2008 since I'm going to get my history/education major here and then go to Aussie for art major ;) *crosses fingers that it's still playing there* Then again, who knows, by that time I might get to see it before I go to Australia ^^

ChildOfThePride
June 11th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I have never seen TLKOB and when my fam goes, are there any special surprises I should be prepared for? Yo know, characters going out and interacting with the audience? That happened when I went to Cats once....LOL.

Lion King Stu
June 11th, 2005, 11:53 PM
i'm seeing it after ll my exams are done...2 weeks at least I guess till we go.
Hope u like it Suki ^^

simba2662
June 12th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Thanks and im sure i will enjoy it here. Im not certain but I believe the Lion King in Melbourne is only for a limited season (depending on ticket sales).

Mizani
June 12th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Welcome Simba2662.
Another fellow Aussie I see:uhno:
I might see TLKoB, depends how busy I am this year.

Azerane
June 12th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Ravoc
Welcome to Lea halalela!

I didn't notice you were from Australia Azerane ^^ I'll see you too then when I get there =P Hmm.. more than likely it will be in 2008 since I'm going to get my history/education major here and then go to Aussie for art major ;) *crosses fingers that it's still playing there* Then again, who knows, by that time I might get to see it before I go to Australia ^^

Yeah, I'm an Aussie, but as far as I know I'm the only one who lives in Adelaide :hmm: because everyone else either lives in sydney or melbourne. So it's gonna be a nice long 9 hour drive to melbourne :D But yes, when you do come to Aussie Land it'd be cool if ya came to visit... and hopefully you do get a chance to see TLKoB at some stage. :D

Sombolia
June 12th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
I have never seen TLKOB and when my fam goes, are there any special surprises I should be prepared for? Yo know, characters going out and interacting with the audience? That happened when I went to Cats once....LOL.

Naw. Animals walk between the aisles and stuff (watch out for that elephant if you happen to get an aisle seat :P), but they don't really interact...

Suki
June 12th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Naw. Animals walk between the aisles and stuff (watch out for that elephant if you happen to get an aisle seat :P), but they don't really interact...

Also the hyenas. ;)

BTW, it was great!

And no, we're not rich AT ALL. We're pretty much like most people....just...normal when it comes to money...

IchLiebeNALA
June 12th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Suki
:D *buys another ticket for the next show* Let's go the the fourth time! XD j/k

EDIT: Instead, for NALA, we'll do the happy song!!! :D:D:D (I told you I ate too much sugar)

http://www.leahalalela.com/avatar.php?userid=636&dateline=1117977915

Awwww, thanks for that :) :hugs:

but i wonder if the IM dude gets tired of clapping hid hands...

ah well, enjoy yourself, and thanks to you, i may see you there... ;)

Shoukai
June 13th, 2005, 01:16 AM
hey suki, where did you seee the show?

for me....i've seen it once in New York(original cast ^-^)
and twice in San Francisco at the Orpheum theatre.

Did you really bring your sign that said "TLKoB rocks" ?

Simba_TLK
June 14th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by simba2662
Hi everyone, new member here. Ive seen it in syd about a year ago and have got tickets to the last show front row very centre. Very excited.

yay, another aussie :cheese:

you should have joined eariler :p
you could have seen TLKoB with me and StE on the 30th April :lol:

anyway, hope you enjoy it ;)

ChildOfThePride
June 14th, 2005, 03:46 AM
is the 'it's a small world' scene in the broadway play as well? or just he movie?

simba2662
June 14th, 2005, 03:51 AM
I had tickets to that show on the Sat30th but when they extended it i really wanted to see the last show. I ended up selling them on ebay. I always discover things really late, oh well. From memory that scene is in there.

Simba_TLK
June 14th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
is the 'it's a small world' scene in the broadway play as well? or just the movie?
that scene is interesting actually :p

i dont know about any of the other TLKoB productions around the world, but for the Australian one, instead of singing 'its a small world' in that scene they customized it for the Australian audience and used 'tie me kangaroo down sport' (http://users.durge.org/~rich/rolf/kangaroo.html), its some really really annoying aussie kid song :lol:

Originally posted by simba2662
I had tickets to that show on the Sat30th but when they extended it i really wanted to see the last show. I ended up selling them on ebay. I always discover things really late, oh well. From memory that scene is in there.
yeah we were thinking about that too...
but we didnt endup doing it since we were lazy :lol:
also because the new date was a bit inconvienent for us anyway :p

simba2662
June 14th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Thats it i remember them singing that song. If i had caught on when the Lion King first came out I so would have gone to see the New york show with Jason, Heather and Tsidi de le loka.

The tickets i had wernt good anyway, they were dress circle G and the very edges.

starionwolf
June 14th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Have fun Suki!

nafklt
June 16th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Have a great time!:P

Mabatu
June 16th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ravoc
I haven't seen it yet, I'm beginning to doubt if I'll ever see it the way my wallet has been (empty). But hey, maybe i'll go with StE and Mabatu when I meet them in a few years if it's still playing in Aussie land ;)

That would be great, Ravoc :) I'll look forward to it ;)

I'm going to see TLKoB on August 13. I'm pretty excited about it :cheese:

Endra
June 16th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Lucky!!! I want to see TLKoB. Perhaps I can go see it in NYC sometime.

Have fun Suki!

IchLiebeNALA
June 16th, 2005, 07:08 PM
ooh. ooh. ooh. If you go to NYC, can i come with you?

Just mind the tidal waves ;)

Enjoy yourself Suki! i hope to see it some day...

starionwolf
June 19th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Hi, I didn't want to hijack another TLK musical thread.

I was wondering if any one is going to see the Lion King musical in Baltimore? My mom doesn't want me to go to Baltimore by myself.

Most of the cheap balcony seats are gone. I might buy a $42 balcony seat instead.

Bye

Sharifu
June 19th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by starionwolf
Most of the cheap balcony seats are gone. I might buy a $42 balcony seat instead.

That is cheap. ;) Well in any case you should go! Why would your mom care if you go by yourself? How old are you? She should go with you then if she doesn't want you to go by yourself. :p

starionwolf
June 19th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Ja, good point. I'm not 18 - I'm actually over 18. I think. Um, anyways. :)

She's afraid that I won't have fun by myself or I might be lost in Baltimore. I can go to Washington D.C. by myself though.

I might go in August when it is hot, humid and sticky. lol

Edit: I forgot to mention that the price I found was on the internet. I don't know how much the retail ticket box office will charge. I can go to the theatre ticket store in downtown Washington D.C. and ask them.

Simba22
June 20th, 2005, 01:13 AM
WOO HOO. :cheese: I can't wait till July 10th. It's official I'm going to see the Lion King on Broadway in NYC. * Does backflips*

Azerane
June 20th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Mabatu
That would be great, Ravoc :) I'll look forward to it ;)

I'm going to see TLKoB on August 13. I'm pretty excited about it :cheese:

:gasp: That's the day before my birthday... it's a saturday(the day that you're seeing it not my birthday but I'm sure you knew that anyway...but just for other people who didn't :p).... anyway, I hope you enjoy it... Although I'm pretty sure you will!! :D I'm seeing it the friday after you :cheese:

unregistered user
June 20th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Both Baltimore & the District of Columbia, you can easily get lost, StarionWolf. I like Washington, D.C. though. The Washington Auditorium & the Smithsonian are my two favorite locations. -- However, Baltimore on the other hand, eww. Well, except the National Aquarium in Baltimore, is also my favorite, there.

So, August? Hmm... :thinks:

Endra
June 20th, 2005, 10:19 PM
It is a pretty long ride for me down to Baltimore... if I see TLKoB at all it will probably be in New York City.

TakaTiger
June 21st, 2005, 12:33 AM
by the time i get tickets and a ride, itl be sold out or left town =\

simba's girl
June 21st, 2005, 12:22 PM
Hey, I've been to the Sydney show twice and managed to get some wicked seats the 2nd time! 3rd row from the front! I'm totally in love with the Australian adult Simba, he's so gorgeous and I was in heaven watching him sing Endless Night so close! I really want to go a third time... some of my friends think I'm crazy and that its not THAT worth going so much but I'm just in love with this show. I listen to the soundtrack all the time and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fly down to Melbourne for a weekend and see it again there! Has anyone else been to the Sydney show? The Simba I like (Turanga Merito) has been in the role for about 8 months but recently I met the original Simba, Vince Harder who was also on our XFactor here in Australia. And speaking of favourites, my fave songs are "He Lives In You", "Endless Night" and "Shadowland" - how about you guys/girls...?!

Sharifu
June 21st, 2005, 12:37 PM
Cool Simba's Girl. ;) I saw TLKoB twice. (In California though) The second time I saw it I was 8 rows from the stage, in the middle. And I did think the actor of Adult Simba was very cute. ;) (Even though it's a different actor then the one you know) Shadowlands in my favorite song. I also really like He Lives in You.

simba's girl
June 21st, 2005, 12:43 PM
Yay! Someone else is online :) When did you see it in the US? Did you get to see Jason Raize?? I only found out the other day what happened to him cos before I saw the show here and read some articles, I didn't know much about it... yeah He Lives In You is my favourite, the Reprise. When I saw it the second time a few weeks ago I had a tear! I just had waited and looked forward to the 2nd time so much that when it finally came I just wanted to enjoy every second! That's cool you live in Cali, always wanted to go there. Been thinking about visiting next year cos I'd love to work for Disney!

Sharifu
June 21st, 2005, 12:47 PM
I want to work for Disney too. ;) I want to be an animator. :) And no... I never saw Jason Raize... The first time I ever saw the show was last September. Then again last May. The first time in San Francisco, then in Sacramento. (Same cast both times though) My friend SimbaLKD told me that he thought that cast was the best, compared to New York's cast, and London's cast. (He's never seen it in Australia though) ;)

SIMBAtheENIGMA
June 21st, 2005, 12:47 PM
Yeah, i went to see it with Simba TLK and 1nce with my dad, i wana go down to Victoria to see it! I loved it! I really wana see it again!

simba's girl
June 21st, 2005, 12:49 PM
Cool, I just hope Turanga stays as Simba for the Melbourne performances, I love the show so much but love him too so it makes it that little bit more special! I think the Aussie Rafiki is pretty awesome too, I mean the one on the soundtrack is great but I think ours is just that bit more powerful, so awesome to be sitting only a few metres away from it all!

simba's girl
June 21st, 2005, 12:51 PM
I want to work for Disney too. ;) I want to be an animator. :)

I looked up some things today, like the Disney College! How awesome would it be to go there... I'm considering it, and I'm not sure exactly what department I'd aim to work in, I've almost finished (6 months to go) my degree in Digital Media. Done a bit of 3d and stuff but I just want to be involved in Disney somehow, so magical!

Sharifu
June 21st, 2005, 01:03 PM
It is! I hope you can work for Disney in some way!

Azerane
June 21st, 2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by simba's girl
Hey, I've been to the Sydney show twice and managed to get some wicked seats the 2nd time! 3rd row from the front! I'm totally in love with the Australian adult Simba, he's so gorgeous and I was in heaven watching him sing Endless Night so close! I really want to go a third time... some of my friends think I'm crazy and that its not THAT worth going so much but I'm just in love with this show. I listen to the soundtrack all the time and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fly down to Melbourne for a weekend and see it again there! Has anyone else been to the Sydney show? The Simba I like (Turanga Merito) has been in the role for about 8 months but recently I met the original Simba, Vince Harder who was also on our XFactor here in Australia. And speaking of favourites, my fave songs are "He Lives In You", "Endless Night" and "Shadowland" - how about you guys/girls...?!

*gasp* you met Vince.. he was really cool, I thought his voice was really good, all the time I just wanted to hear him sing a song from tlkob, hehe

LunarCat
June 21st, 2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by simba's girl
When did you see it in the US? Did you get to see Jason Raize??

I might have, I saw TLKoB the same year or the year after it first came out on Broadway(NYC). Course I was still a little kid then and didn't think of the actors. so yea...:cheese: just my little pointless interjection :p

starionwolf
June 21st, 2005, 06:48 PM
I might be lost in Georgetown D.C. I can find my way around n Downtown D.C.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll go by myself in July or August.

I'm going to look for a map of Baltimore now. Or maybe I can print an online map.

Bye

Nalinda
June 21st, 2005, 07:31 PM
Ooh Lucky you!
I've never been to a TLK musical at all.. But I hope I'll go sometime :-)

Nalinda
June 21st, 2005, 07:33 PM
No! Joking.. (sorry for the double post)
I've been to a theater (if that counts) in Disney Land in Florida.. But that was when I was 5 years so... I hope to see some musical or something soon.

simba2662
June 21st, 2005, 09:43 PM
Im glad your saying how great the close seats are. Ive got front row ones for the last show but Id been told that the front few rows were to close and you have to look up. The first time I saw TLK it was Vincent. Thought he was ok so am looking forward to seeing Turanga.

simba's girl
June 22nd, 2005, 08:15 AM
Azerane - yeah I met Vince at Hillsong a few weeks ago, he sang "Let Me Love You" and was really good! He's really nice but that night I felt bad cos all these girls were swarming him and asking for photos so I didn't... he's married after all! lol, don't think those girls knew that...

Lunarcat - I can't believe its been out for so long! Until last year I hadn't even really heard that there was a stage production. I saw it for the first time this year and just was so amazed that it began all the way back in the late 90's!

Simba2662 - Yeah the front seats are great in terms of being able to see the actors faces and stuff, I didn't have to look up too much, the only thing that was weird was that when Young Simba is lying on the desert stage, you can't see him at all (but I knew from having gone before). Thats pretty much it, everything else was amazing and it was good to be able to see the stage and not many audience members... took you right into the setting of the show!

starionwolf
June 22nd, 2005, 07:19 PM
God dag! Hur m?r du? I hope you can see a musical in Sverige soon. Ja?

Vi ses.

starionwolf
June 22nd, 2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks for sharing the cool reviews. The Lion King Musical started in 1997 in New York City. I would go to New York but the bus fare is expensive. I might get lost in NYC too. lol

lionloversam
June 24th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I love the city of Baltimore!! I lived in Locust Point till I was nine. Then, I moved about twenty minutes or so away from there. I still remember my old number an address.

simba2662
June 27th, 2005, 01:48 AM
Well last night went off with a bang. It was a standing ovation with streamers and confety coming down from the roof. Scar said a few words as all the actors stood there with a tear in their eyes. The seats were so amazing I def reccomend the stalls over the dress circle if you can get close. Rafiki was just awesome, up there with Tsidi de loka. Simba hit the high notes well and nala was stunning.
Was a night to remember.

Busa Simba

Simba_TLK
June 27th, 2005, 09:51 AM
wow :wow:, sounds like it was a great night :cheese:

wish i was there =D

glad you had fun ;)

simba's girl
June 28th, 2005, 12:31 PM
ARGH! I'm SO jealous! I booked tickets and almost chose the last night but there weren't enough good seats so I went earlier but I was so wanting to be there Sunday night cos I just KNEW there would be something special happening! And how sad is this... I didn't but was going to send a note to Simba who I think is gorgeous but just wanted to encourage, but I didn't... I had to go away and couldn't get the note to the theatre in time... :(

starionwolf
July 1st, 2005, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the info lionloversam. I want to visit Baltimore and the inner and outer harbor.

Do you happen to know anything about the street car/light train? I have a question about riding it. I know I need a ticket and I need to press a button to open the door. When I'm on the train, how do I know which station the train is approacing?

lionloversam
July 1st, 2005, 11:16 PM
When I'm on the train, how do I know which station the train is approacing?

I think they will display it on a screen at the front of the car or announce it over a loud speaker. But I don't know for sure.

starionwolf
July 2nd, 2005, 03:17 AM
Ok, thanks. I think the conductor will announce the next station on the loudspeaker too. If I go to Baltimore I'll take some pictures of some buildings and Penn Station.

Wolfman Jack
July 2nd, 2005, 09:16 PM
I'm going to see it also with my family, but can't remember what day though.

As for the light rail they announce each stop when you get to it and the next stop, plus they have a map on the ceiling of each car to show all the stops and when your stop is next just push the yellow strip around you to let the driver know.

starionwolf
July 3rd, 2005, 06:32 AM
Ok, thanks for the information. I'll look for the yellow strip.

I was wondering where you were Wolfman Jack. I'd go with you, but you don't remember what day you are going. I need to buy my ticket soon before all the upper balcony seats are sold-out.

Lion_King_300
July 3rd, 2005, 08:21 AM
Hey everyone, I just got back from my vacation! My sister and I spent 2 days sightseeing in New York City then flew to London for a 5-day motorcoach tour of the UK. We began in London and drove up through Stratford Upon Avon, York and Coventry, Darlington, then went up through Scotland and toured the fantastic city of Edinburgh. Then drove back down through Wales, stopping at Gretna Green, Liverpool and Wedgwood. It was a blast, and I took a ton of pictures that I'll share with everyone.

I'm still in the process of sorting out and categorizing the pics, but for now I thought I'd post a video I shot that will probably be of great interest to everyone. I went to see TLKOB at the New Amsterdam on Wednesday the 22nd and I was fortunate enough to be able to capture the curtain call (bows after the play is over) with my digital camera!

Enjoy the movie everyone, here it is:

TLKOB curtain call (http://students.washington.edu/tim300/TLKOBcurtaincall.MOV)

I apologize in advance that it's not zoomed in any farther.

Something really cool about Europe and the city of London especially is that there are tons of lions all over the place! Historically those animals are very important to represent royalty and strength, and I found that there are a lot of lion statues, sculptures and insignias all over the city and I tried to photograph as many as possible. I'll post those soon hopefully in the next couple days.

Anyway it was an adventure of a lifetime, the United Kingdom is a beautiful part of the world. I'm sure those of you that live there will agree!

Now only 3 more months until I see TLKOB again (hopefully with Sharifu and Starlioness), can't wait!!!

:cheese:

Mizani
July 3rd, 2005, 08:28 AM
Sounds like you had a great time Lion_King_300=D

King Simba
July 3rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
First off, welcome back from your trip. Sounded awesome... visiting the UK eh? Nice. Btw, I live not too far away from York. I'd say it's a 45 minute drive or so from where I live. :)

Second thing, thanks a lot for uploading the movie. I can take movies with my digital camera also so when I go on holiday again, I'll be sure to take some videos. That's if my camera doesn't run out of memory. :grrr:

The movie was cool. Thanks for sharing. :cheese:

Third thing, last year in October I went to Brussels in Belgium. There were loads of lion staptues there also. I didn't get many photos though.

Fourth thing, the UK is a cool place. One of the main things I like about the UK is the beautiful countryside and scenery. I went to Egypt in April and the scenery there was just sand, rocks and a few trees. Not too interesting.

Fifth thing, whoa, awesomeness. Well, enjoy yourself in 3 months time and hopefully, you'll get to go with them both. ;) :cheese:

That's my post done. ;)

Lion_King_300
July 3rd, 2005, 08:37 AM
Yeah the coutryside was gorgeous, especially one place I forgot to mention on my earlier post, Grasmere. The scenery there was some of the most beautiful I've seen in my life. Wordsworth the poet wrote poems about the beauty of that region. We were lucky too that the weather cooperated, it was sunny clear and about 75-80 degrees F just perfect.

But it was pouring down rain in London the day we left and delayed our flight... :grrr:

Can't win 'em all I guess.

Sharifu
July 3rd, 2005, 10:40 AM
Wow Lion_King_300! How neat! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I wish I can fly to London! I just love traveling.

Cool TLKoB clip!!! ^_^ Oh! And about TLKoB in Portland... Well I talked to my mom about it, and I was hoping that we can road trip up to Portland for that day and I can meet up with you and Starlioness for the show. But what the heck... Even if my mom doesn't want to go, or can't go, I will make sure I can go. The tickets you got are pretty cheap, especially for Orchestra seats. I don't want to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to meet you guys and see TLKoB again, such a great show! :D

Ralli
July 3rd, 2005, 10:55 AM
You're so lucky. =D You got to go to London AND see TLKoB! My dream is to go to London and I'd like to see TLKoB again. Spiff clip, too!

Sharifu
July 3rd, 2005, 10:58 AM
It would of been cool if you could of saw TLKoB in London as well. ;)

Lion_King_300
July 4th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Believe it or not, I tried to see it London as well. My sister of course was like "are you nuts???" because we just saw it a week ago but I was planning to buy my mom tickets after all she did for us on the trip.

Well we were at a mall in Chester, England and I stopped by an internet cafe to check on ticket availability and there were a few scattered single seats left and some in the very back of the balcony, I was going to buy my mom a good seat and have us sit in the back (my Mom hasn't seen TLKOB yet). But she told me not to buy them yet because we weren't certain what time we would return to London that night.

I'm very glad I listened to my mom... we were SUPPOSED to be back by 6-6:30 (7:30 start time for the show) but on the motorway going into London a car stalled and backed up traffic for miles, we didn't get back to the hotel until close to 7:30 so we wouldn't have been able to make it anyways.

So that was disappointing, but I did take the time to hunt down the Lyceum Theatre and take a few pics (the outside unfortuantely was being remodeled so there was a lot of scaffolding) I'll post those soon.

Everyone in the US have a great fourth of july holiday! I'm about to go eat stuff then blow up stuff then watch other people blow up stuff and make pretty designs in the sky.

:evilgrin:

Good times.

Fear The Paw
July 5th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Some assome stuff over there. And thank the Lord i've seem TLKOB once front row, ANd Thank you Lion King 300 THe fore works were assome over here.

Lion_King_300
July 6th, 2005, 03:22 AM
<moved to Scar's Lair>

Here are some pics I took of lions in London and the UK:

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/courtyardlion.JPG
A beautiful lion sculpture in the courtyard of Edinburgh Castle in Scotland

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/westminsterbridge_lion.JPG
This is one of my favorites, a forlorn-looking white lion on the south side of the Westminster Bridge

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/abbey_lion.JPG
A cool-looking lion outside of the famous Westminster Abbey in London

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/trafalgar_lion.jpg
One of a few enormous lion sculptures in London's Trafalgar Square

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/royal_lions.jpg
What are these lions doing? They can be found just down the street from the Prime Minister's house near Downing Street

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/york_coatofarms.JPG
A coat of arms I photographed in the city of York, England, emblazoned by 5 gold lions

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/buckingham_lions.jpg
Lion sculptures guarding Buckingham Palace. The Queen has good taste!

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/coatofarms.JPG
This coat of arms was inside Edinburgh Castle, I found it dates back to the 1400's and the rule of King James

That's it for now, more pics coming soon!

;)

nathalie
July 7th, 2005, 08:44 AM
I wish I'd come to Belgium :(

In most country's it tours around, so why won't Belgium make a deal with Holland :grrr:

The place where it plays now in Holland, is like 1 hour from the border (or even closer).

Kiara Serengeti
July 7th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Midi's also aren't illegal. The sounds aren't as rich (they've been digitized into things the computer understands), but I have a This Land midi that's pretty good.

nathalie
July 14th, 2005, 03:59 PM
About the Lion King musical in The Netherlands, ticket nr. 1.000.000 has been sold.
This afternoon the counter was at 1.000.324 sold tickets.

The luckey person got a meet & greet with the cast.

Lion_King_300
July 15th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Wow, 1 million tickets! It's amazing that they even keep a counter. That's great to hear that the show's doing so well up there, hopefully many many more millions before the Circle of Life is complete ;)

nathalie
July 15th, 2005, 07:53 AM
That counter was specially done, because in this month, I believe people could buy the 1.000.000 ticket and also get discounts and stuff like that.

So they made that thing, so people could take track of it.

Inuchance
July 15th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Whee, I'm gonna be seeing TLKoB later tonight. I've already planned a route and found a parking garage to go to and everything (BTW, Google Earth rocks), so I shouldn't have any problem getting there. :cheese: :D

Sharifu
July 16th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Woot! Is this your first time seeing it Inuchance?

Haha and yes, Google Earth is awesome. :cool:

Inuchance
July 16th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Yep, first time, but it most likely won't be my last. :cheese:

The seats I had were great, they were almost dead center, and far enough back to where I could see the whole stage, and I was just elevated enough to where the stage itself wasn't cutting off anybody's feet or blocking my view at all, though.

The show itself was awesome, too. I went to see it with a friend of mine who lived in the area, and he really enjoyed it, too. After the show, he told me he expected me to jump out of my seat and chase after Simba when he escaped into the audience. :lol:

Wolfman Jack
July 21st, 2005, 04:23 AM
Hey look my first thread......anyway

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!
That's the first broadway show I have ever seen in my life and it was extraordinary. For all of those on here that haven't had the pleasure of seeing it YOU MUST BY ANY AND ALL MEANS NECESSARY. :cheese: It's something I would surely see it again if given the chance, which hopefully is a chance I will have. And I won't give out any kind of spoilers in this post, but if I had to pick a fav. scene, it would be Mufasa's ghost. How they do what they do in the show is beyond me but it is amazing how it all comes together.

Sombolia
July 21st, 2005, 04:59 AM
I completely agree. :D TLKoB is awesome!

starionwolf
July 22nd, 2005, 10:37 PM
If I can't go to the show in Baltimore then I'll go to New York City. The tour in Baltimore ends in September. I hope I won't get lost in NYC. lol

I can't wait to see The Lion King musical! I want to see the colorful costumes and puppets.

Bye

Bahati
July 29th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Just picked up a ticket to TLKoB on Ticketmaster. Can't wait!

-----

Disney Presents the Lion King (Touring)
Keller Auditorium, Portland, OR
Thursday September 29, 2005 7:30 pm

Sharifu
July 29th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Cool... You're going to see TLKoB in Portland Oregon... So am I.

Inuchance
July 30th, 2005, 03:22 AM

Oregon? More like, SNOREGON! :idiot:

This Land
August 1st, 2005, 07:39 PM
anybod goin to the birmingham one on september 9th

nathalie
August 1st, 2005, 07:47 PM
If my money-piggy will let me, I'll be trying to come to London, and see it.

Since my boyfriend doesn't wanna come with me to Holland ...
And I heard parts from the Dutch musical, didn't really had that much effect on me.
So I think the English one will be much better.

This Land
August 1st, 2005, 07:52 PM
just a little bit, if u can understand it more :lol:

Melody of Scar
August 1st, 2005, 08:00 PM
I saw it in Baltimore and was absolutely amazed and fell right in love.

There was a little girl sitting somewhere near me, and when Simba found Mufasa after the stampede she gasped and said "He's dead!" out loud.

I think TLKoB is probably the most amazing experience a kid could ever go through, especially Lion King related.

Sombolia
August 2nd, 2005, 06:45 AM

Say hello to my relatives up north :p

I saw it in Orange County. :D

starionwolf
August 2nd, 2005, 07:43 PM
There will be a show in Birmingham, Alabama? I didn't know that. I took a peak at the musical's schedule and saw that the show starts on September 9.

I found my Baltimore thread. Yay!

Most of the cheap tickets for the Baltimore are sold out. I wish I could see the musical with Melody of Scar. :D It sounds like Melody of Scar and a little girl enjoyed the show.

I may end up going to New York City instead to watch the musical.

Melody of Scar
August 2nd, 2005, 07:54 PM
There will be a show in Birmingham, Alabama? I didn't know that. I took a peak at the musical's schedule and saw that the show starts on September 9.

I found my Baltimore thread. Yay!

Most of the cheap tickets for the Baltimore are sold out. I wish I could see the musical with Melody of Scar. :D It sounds like Melody of Scar and a little girl enjoyed the show.

I may end up going to New York City instead to watch the musical.

We can still go see it. :D We should do a road trip up to New York together and see it! XD

...Leahala family field trip, anyone? :D :cheese: ;)

Lion_King_300
August 3rd, 2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Melody of Scar

I think TLKoB is probably the most amazing experience a kid could ever go through, especially Lion King related. [/B]

I personally think that TLKoB is the most amazing experience anyone could ever go through... even non TLK fans and adults alike. I took one of my friends who just thinks TLK is another Disney movie... and he was left speechless at the end of the show. Said it was one of the greatest experiences of his life! And my sister, who likes TLK but mostly has to put up with my obsession with it, was moved to tears twice during the show.

=D

Just like the movie, it appeals to the human qualities inside all of us, but it means so so so much more to have it happening live on stage right in front of you. The emotion is just at a whole new level, and everyone that has seen TLKoB knows what I mean.

Until this show closes (hopefully not for a while) I'm devoting myself to making as many people as possible get to experience this show. In fact I'm driving to Portland 3 different times from Seattle (6 hr round trip) to take 7 different people to experience TLKoB. Call me nuts, call me crazy, it will be worth every minute.

There's just something special about that first time seeing the show, that I am willing to go out of my way to make sure people get to see it. And it's still special for me too every time.

Forget Barnum & Bailey, The Lion King on Broadway is the "Greatest Show on Earth!"

http://students.washington.edu/tim300/tlkob_billboardsmall.png
photograph taken by lion_king_300

p.s. The countdown begins, 'Fu! Only 41 more days!

Lion_King_300
August 3rd, 2005, 08:17 AM
And the Mufasa's ghost scene is catching up in the poll, yaaay! CYFTLT would be so much better if Simba and Nala didn't stand around for half the song... at least have them make out or something! :rawr: :eww: lol j/k

When I made the poll I should have replaced the final battle and closing scene with at least two of the dances, like Lioness hunt and Shadowland or Endless night... too late now but I knew no one would vote for those, my mistake.

:woeisme:

wow I finally made it to 100 posts! hopefully I can add another zero or two before I'm done here!

EDIT: I didn't mean to say I dislike the CYFTLT scene, it's great and artistic as it is and I like the way the flora comes to life and the aerial ballet and such, but the scene is meant to be centered around Nala and Simba. During the interlude I find it odd that they are standing frozen at opposite ends of the stage...

nathalie
August 3rd, 2005, 08:19 AM
I can change to poll if you want.

Lion_King_300
August 3rd, 2005, 08:22 AM
Oh no, that's okay. Too many people have voted on it and we probably shouldn't have everyone re-vote and stuff. Thanks for the offer though Nathalie.

Sombolia
August 3rd, 2005, 09:04 AM
And the Mufasa's ghost scene is catching up in the poll, yaaay! CYFTLT would be so much better if Simba and Nala didn't stand around for half the song... at least have them make out or something! :rawr: :eww: lol j/k

Oh see know, THAT would've been an awesome scene. XD

Sharifu
August 3rd, 2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Inuchance
Oregon? More like, SNOREGON! :idiot:

Hey that's not very nice... Oregon isn't bad... XD Well I like going there to visit my mom.

The countdown begins, 'Fu! Only 41 more days!

Yep! It's going to be great! :cheese:

CYFTLT would be so much better if Simba and Nala didn't stand around for half the song... at least have them make out or something! :rawr: :eww: lol j/k

:lol:

I didn't mean to say I dislike the CYFTLT scene, it's great and artistic as it is and I like the way the flora comes to life and the aerial ballet and such, but the scene is meant to be centered around Nala and Simba. During the interlude I find it odd that they are standing frozen at opposite ends of the stage...

Yeah that is odd I think.

nathalie
August 3rd, 2005, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I thought that was pretty "weird" too.

When Simba sings, Nala is just looking at him ... standing there ...

Shoukai
August 3rd, 2005, 02:46 PM
x.X I remember that scene. when the people on the swings descended, Simba and Nala froze in place. My guess is that this was symbolic, it was some really good choreography in my opinion :D

starionwolf
August 24th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Ohh, symbolism. I want to watch that scene.

I'm planning to go to Baltimore this Friday. I might go to the Hippodrome theatre to look at the billboards. I think the theatre is near the University of Maryland light rail stop.

Later

unregistered user
August 26th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I could send you the sound track that I downloaded from the C.D. on to my laptop. If you want.My favorite songs were C.O.L, One by One, Grasslands chant.

Lion_King_300
August 27th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Does ANYONE out there have the Japanese version of the TLKOB soundtrack? I've only seen it in one place in my entire life, and that was in the gift shop of the New Amsterdam Theatre. I really wanted it but I had already spent close to $100 on other things... but now I'm seriously regretting it because it sounded so cool (was playing in the shop) and so rare!

Please let me know, I'd be eternally grateful if someone could post the song files or send them to me.

nathalie
August 27th, 2005, 08:38 AM
*wow*, they sell the original over there ? Love to get my hands on that one aswell !

I do have mp3's (thanks to Busa_ngo_thando), but unfortunetly I have less time to put them on-line in these upcomming days. :(

Sharifu
August 30th, 2005, 05:18 AM
I know Woes has the Japanese soundtrack. (That's where he got it, at the New Amsterdam Theatre) He doesn't post on Lea too often anymore but try to get a hold of him on MSN. (I know Fuzzy has it too but he's harder to get a hold of)

nathalie
August 30th, 2005, 07:21 AM
I did see the Japanese CD on www.amazon.com , if maybe that helps for some people.

White Wagtail
September 2nd, 2005, 02:51 PM
Amazon.com: Music: Lion King (Original Japanese Cast) [CAST RECORDING] (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00003IQK1/ref%3Dpd%5Fsim%5Fdp%5F2/104-2368944-1253522)
Track Listings on this page are wrong. They are TLK&SP soundtracks and RotPL's tracks... :confused:
And I wonder what "I Just Can't Wait To Be K" song is :lol:
Actually, Japanese version has almost the same tracks as Broadway version (Japanese version excludes "The Lion Sleeps Tonight").

I don't have this CD, but my cousin has it! I'll borrow it from her someday.

nathalie
September 2nd, 2005, 04:14 PM
Oh yeah, I never really noticed that track list isn't complete.

And like you said, all songs are on it, besides "The lion sleeps tonight". That song also isn't on the Dutch version CD.

Lion_King_300
September 4th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Thanks everyone. I just bought it off Ebay for $29, so I'm only paying four dollars more than the theatre, not too bad. Amazon sellers were asking at least $35 and from their store it was $49! Robbery!

Can't wait to receive it.

Sharifu
September 4th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Oh that's cool you got it, I was going to ask Woes if he could make a copy though... I'm sorry I didn't back to you in PM yet. XD I'll PM you back soon.

thelionkingfan
September 4th, 2005, 05:04 PM
oh the :horror:! :lol:

starionwolf
September 5th, 2005, 05:22 AM
I got lost in Baltimore three times. lol. I'd post the link to my photos, but Flickr.com is down for maintenance. France-Merrick Performing Arts Center is bigger than I imagined.

Bye

nathalie
September 5th, 2005, 07:26 PM
If they'd only sell those multi language musical cd's at the Dutch theater ... but no ... :(

*lol* No GPS system there Stationwolf?

starionwolf
September 8th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Nej. lol I needed a compass too.

I went south instead of north. Opps. Then I couldn't find the theatre or the Mc Donald's restruant.

Here are my photos that are related to the Lion King: http://www.flickr.com/photos/52778632@N00/tags/lionking/

nathalie
September 8th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Is that crab thinggy TLK related? :lol:

Bahati
September 8th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
Is that crab thinggy TLK related? :lol:
I was wondering that myself. :hmm:

starionwolf
September 9th, 2005, 05:08 AM
It's infront of the poster. lol The fiberglass crab is related to the theater that is showing The Lion King musical.

nathalie
September 9th, 2005, 01:47 PM
The Lion King will also come to Paris ... !

http://www.stage-entertainment.fr/leroilion/ (site is in French, sorry)

http://www.stage-entertainment.fr/leroilion/images/1g.gif

Bahati
September 14th, 2005, 12:19 AM
TLKoB's been getting plenty of mention on my local radio stations since it opened in Portland, Oregon on September 9th. One station's hosts were raving about the show in a short five-minute-ish segment last night, and I heard a recorded advertisement on the radio this morning.

Waiting for the sixteen days separating me and TLKoB are going to be even more unbearable with all these promotions!

Lion_King_300
September 14th, 2005, 09:00 PM
You live near portland, Bahati? I just came back from there last night after seeing TLKOB with lea members Sharifu and Starlioness, and (here's another promotion) it was AMAZING. Worth every minute of the 6 hour round trip drive from Seattle.

If you don't live too far away from Portland we should meet up next week when I take my family and friends down to see TLKOB. We're going to the Oregon zoo in the afternoon for the $2 tuesdays.

Bet you can't wait to see it, believe me I know the feeling when you're just counting down the days... especially for your first time seeing it, man just enjoy it and buy lots of souvenirs.

The prices did go up for the plushes though, they're asking $15 for character plushes now and $30 for the Portland shirt, used to be $12.5 and $25 for each... I bought a poster and the Zazu plush this time around, next week I'm going to get pumbaa to complete my collection.

If you would like to hang out next Tuesday Bahati PM me and we'll figure something out. We're also going to Lloyds Center mall after the zoo.

Lion_King_300
September 14th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Oh BTW if anyone wants to see pics from our trip (Sharifu, Starlioness and myself) I'll post them in Scar's lair, since all of the pix are from the Oregon zoo and aren't really related to TLKOB... enjoy!

Sharifu
September 14th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Oh yeah Tim I was going to mention to you yesterday that I knew that another Lea member was going to see TLKoB in Portland too... I remember Bahati making a post about it a long time ago somewhere in this topic. Guess I forgot. XD

Bahati
October 1st, 2005, 03:34 AM
I finally saw TLKoB for the first time last night in Portland. The phrases "simply unbelievable," "utterly breathtaking," and "the best thing I've ever seen" don't even come close to capturing just how amazing it was.

Finding a parking spot went pretty smoothly. There's a parking garage diagonally across the intersection that lies between the garage and Keller Auditorium. Made the short walk to the Auditorium, had my ticket scanned, and stepped through the doors into a sea of humanity.

I practically swam my way through the crowd up to one of the more prominent merchandise counters at which I purchased one of the black $25 generic TLKoB shirts, a $30 Portland-specific shirt, the Original Broadway Cast Recording CD for (I think) $20 and a full-color program for $10. I also have the standard program and super-cool bag everything came in.

The doors to the main room opened at about 7 PM (showtime was 7:30) and everyone started trickling in. I was seated in Row X in the left-ish part of Orchestra A. My angle of sight to the stage could have been better, but the distance was good enough to discern actors' facial expressions.

The show kicked off at about 7:35 PM. Needless to say, the applause after "Circle of Life" was absolutely deafening, and every single scene that followed left me gaping.

The intermission was one of the most excruciating 15-minute waits I can remember. While many patrons went for refreshments and such, I stood off to the side of my aisle, drinking my water and quietly absorbing everything I'd seen thus far. After a while, the seats began filling once more, and shortly after that a number of actors in vibrantly-colored clothing exploded into "One By One."

Much like everything before the intermission, the second part of the show was beyond words. I wish I could describe it with more detail, but only first-hand experience can possibly do it justice.

Everyone in the audience simultaneously rose into a standing ovation seconds after the final pound of the drums at the end of "King of Pride Rock." My hands were glowing red from clapping by the time I made my way to the exit and out into the cool night air.

I've already gone and duplicated my TLKoB CD so that I always have a copy in my car to listen to. The songs have so much more significance when you have memories to attach them to.

I'm dying to find an opportunity to see TLKoB somewhere again. It's not the kind of show that can be seen just once.

Fear The Paw
October 1st, 2005, 03:38 AM
I know how ya fell I have only seen it once at that was in may but it was a breath taking experience, and someting I will never forget. And the merchandise is cool as well. I really do need to see it again.

This time I will get isle seats so I can spank the small elephant hehe

Lion_King_300
October 1st, 2005, 09:05 AM
Hey that's so awesome that you enjoyed it Bahati. I know about that bad angle, I sat just about symmetrically across from you on the other side (row Y section E) but those seats were pretty good for your first time seeing it.

I too remember the first time seeing circle of life... man that applause at the end and the whole scene itself just makes you tingle! And the Mufasa Ghost scene too sends shivers down your spine, it's just so surreal.

Well I do have tickets for the Tuesday, October 18th show. They are EXTREMELY good seats, ORCH D (right-center) row L, only 12 rows back, and they're only a couple away from the aisle so the animals will walk right past you during Circle of Life (and also cub Simba when he leaves the Pride lands)

I was planning to re-sell them, but since you are dying to see it again I thought I'd offer to you first. If you agree I'd go down and meet you in Portland and we'd see TLKOB together, and I'd be thrilled to meet another Lea member and see the show.

They're currently for sale at Stubhub, so if you are interested and are absolutely sure you can go PM me ASAP and I'll take the tickets down from Stubhub and keep them for us.

The ticket will be $80, and I hope you can make it, it will be a fantastic experience to see TLKOB from that close! (to put it in perspective you'll be exactly twice as close to the stage as you were before (X is 24 rows back, L is 12 rows!)

Let me know soon Bahati! Take care.

Sharifu
October 1st, 2005, 09:23 AM
Wow! I hope Bahati can go with ya LK300. That would be awesome!

And yes, I miss TLKoB too... I've been seeing commercials for TLKoB since tickets are on sale to the public now in San Jose. And my dad saw a commercial and said, "That looks real? being all sarcastic. XD I said to him, ?It?s not suppose to look ?real.? Ugh, he doesn?t understand. >_<

Lion_King_300
October 1st, 2005, 09:31 AM
Yeah... that stinks your father is being so sarcastic about it... it's all about the duality of the human and animal seen simultaneously. If it looked too real or too human it just wouldn't work but Julie Taymor found just the right balance as we all know.

I don't think I'm going to go down to Portland again to see it by myself though so unless Bahati goes I'm going to sell the tickets (I don't mind either way, not to put pressure on him) I just can't get anyone interested in going that is willing to take a day off work and pay $80 and drive 350 miles to see it... I just can't convince anyone and everyone that I thought would be interested has seen it already.

Lion_King_300
October 28th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Hey everyone, I found something really cool today that I didn't even know existed - Oprah Winfrey went to visit Julie Taymor at her Manhattan apartment in 2001 and did a series of interviews with her and they're all up to listen to on her website, here's the link:

Julie Taymor Interviews (http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/omag_ocut_flash.jhtml?issue=200111)

She doesn't go into too much detail about the actual show, but more of her own personal perspective on the experiences of directing and her sincerity in giving the audience something that deeply moved them.

It's really a great set of interviews, and there's also some pics from when the Chicago cast of TLKOB did the Circle of Life scene live on stage during her show in 2001 (I didn't realize that happened either) no video of that unfortunately.

Enjoy!

Lion_King_300
October 28th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Here's the other link to the gallery I mentioned:
http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200307/tows_past_20030717.jhtml

Be sure to check out the video trailer too!

Simbaspirit
October 28th, 2005, 01:41 AM
HI!! is anyone going to see TLKoB in Spokane???? i live in vancouver, so in 2 days i will drive 14+ hours, but o well:)

I am so exited!!!

also, my lifelong dream is to be adult Nala, so if it evr comes true i will meniton Lea!!!

sorry, wishfull thinking....

Lion_King_300
October 28th, 2005, 02:43 AM
I thought about it, but I decided not to go to Spokane (Although I probably live closer to Spokane than any other Lea member)

I decided to go to Portland Oregon instead which was about an hour closer to see TLKOB, and I actually ended up going twice. I'd like to see it in Spokane, but I really don't want to drive over the cascade mountains in the wintertime with the snow and stuff, that scares me.

I hope you have a great time Simbaspirit, I know I was really really excited for MONTHS before I first saw TLKOB in Seattle. Are your parents going to drive you the whole way to see the show with you??? That's a incredibly long trip, I wish I had parents that would do that! You're quite lucky!

Oh yes, and if you hang around after the show and stand by the actor's exit door (around the side of the theatre) you can get autographs with the cast and possibly meet the actress playing Adult Nala! You should try and do this, it'd be quite a thrill but you have to wait a while sometimes for them to change out of their costumes and makeup.

Sharifu
October 28th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Really Tim?! Have you done that before? I would love to meet some of the actors of the show...

Bahati
October 28th, 2005, 04:22 AM
As of a purchase about ten minutes ago, I'm headed to TLKoB in Spokane on November 20th for the 1 PM afternoon show. It'll take a beastly 12-hour roundtrip drive to get there and back, but the location of my seat justifies such a toll.

Orchestra level, row N, seat 37; fantastically dead-center.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6909/spokaneseat6ns.gif

Sharifu
October 28th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Wow! Great job getting those seats, Bahati. Are you going by yourself though? Or is someone going with you on that long car trip?

Bahati
October 28th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Traveling solo. I may head up the day before the show so I'm not having to face everything in one go.

Xinithian
October 28th, 2005, 05:10 AM
CHOW DOWN!!!

But seriously, He Lives In You is a great song.

Sharifu
October 28th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Ohh... Well that's great you get to see it again so soon.

Well here are the seats I'm going to see the show next, on February 24, 2006, in San Jose, California. Orchestra row 2, seats 25, 27, 29, and 31. Here's where my seats are on the seating chart:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/birdygirl85/Ourseats.jpg

And here's the view from our seats:

http://www.seatadvisor.com/venues/US/CA/scc_ammusic/theatre/view/scc_ammusic032.jpg

:wow:

The best seats I will see the show in yet! Seeing it this time in San Jose, will be my fourth time seeing the show! And I'll be seeing it with Lea members Muruwa, Vidan and Lion_King_300! Woot! :D

And hopefully I'll see it in London next summer. It would be neat to see the show with a different cast. (All the times I've seen the show so far, and also including this next time in San Jose, is the same cast)

Akiko
October 28th, 2005, 08:18 AM
I got 'ta see it a couple years ago when it came to chicago, I took a trip with my mother to it. It was just amazing, the performances were gorgeous as were the costumes. Out seats were sorta' off to the side, so it was hard to see certain things at times, however we had some of the props flying right around us from where we sat. :vitsm: I just loved shadowlands, and I still to this day say that that song would've fit into the animated movie and added a lot more character development, story drama and development than the morning report. I'd love to see it again someday, money is usually an issue though. Amazing performance. :fini:

Sharifu
October 28th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Oh yeah thanks for the link to that Oprah Winfrey and Julie Taymor interviews Tim, it was really interesting!

Simbaspirit, you should of seen TLKoB while it was in Portland Oregon! That's a lot closer to you! Ah well... At least you'll still get to see it soon. :)

Lion_King_300
October 28th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Really Tim?! Have you done that before? I would love to meet some of the actors of the show...

Hmm, that sounds like something we could try in San Jose! I know everyone else would probably be okay with it too, we should try and do that.

I've done it with with other shows, but not TLKOB for some reason, I think everyone in my party wanted to leave :hmm: but I remember a couple of times I left the theatre late after browsing in the gift shops and there was a small group of people hanging around the actor's entrance door on the side waiting fo the cast to come out... it was like 40 degrees outside though they must have been desperate for some autographs!

You just have to be patient, eventually they'll come out the door. And most theatre reps can tell you about how long it takes for the actors to change and leave and also where the door is if you can't find it, virtually every theatre has one. Like any actor or celebrity it's part of their job to be receptive to their fans so they should oblige if you ask them for an autograph or picture.

Oh and the very first time I went to the theatre to *try* and see TLKOB (I tried to get tickets but they sold out before I got to the window) I was walking back to my car and passed by the Actor's door and surprisingly it was open, so I looked inside and there was Larry Yando (probably the best overall actor in the show IMO, he's the guy being constantly interviewed in the TLKOB videos) in FULL costume as Scar, mask and everything standing only 4 feet away from me, smoking a cigarette in one hand and talking on his cell phone in the other hand, and he was surrounded by a couple of people, one was a makeup artist and the other was a bodyguard I think.

It was so funny, I wanted to say something to him but I think he or the guard would have gotten pissed off, but seeing Scar up close was worth going to the theatre that day even though we didn't get tickets!

Sharifu
October 29th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Wow that's so cool!

I would love to do that. I think we can. :D

Like any actor or celebrity it's part of their job to be receptive to their fans so they should oblige if you ask them for an autograph or picture.

Would they have pictures? I mean I think it would cooler for the actor to sign a picture, then a regular piece of paper. I doubt they have a picture though, right?

It was so funny, I wanted to say something to him but I think he or the guard would have gotten pissed off, but seeing Scar up close was worth going to the theatre that day even though we didn't get tickets!

What did you want to say to him? :D :lol:

Lion_King_300
October 29th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Oh I don't think they have pictures but they have pictures of themselves in the free playbill that everyone gets so they could sign that.

I was going to yell something like "Break a leg tonight Yando" or something like that... y'know something that let him know that I knew who he was as an actor. Oh well, maybe I'll get to meet him in San Jose.

Tamu
October 31st, 2005, 04:08 PM
None of them.
The Madness of King Scar is by far my favourite scene, and it isn't listed -sob-

Ralli
October 31st, 2005, 10:16 PM
I was thinking about making a new topic on this, but I thought that, since there's already one based on TLKoB, I might as well ask here:

I have a horrible memory, and no matter how much an event means to me, I can barely remember it. Even though I was completely enthralled when I saw the tour production, I can't remember much of it. I'm interested in making story-versions of some scenes, in ways I think could fit into the actual movie. Namely the MoKS bit, but also small scenes, ones that didn't occur on the soundtrack and were just dialogue.

There was one I found very amusing: the scene after Simba's and Nala's first encounter with the Hyenas, and Mufasa toys around with Zazu, telling him Sarabi wanted him to fire Zazu. Another is Scar taking Simba to the Gorge- doesn't Simba start pouncing Scar's tail? I'm pretty sure there's some dialogue there.

In short, I was hoping that a few people who remember some/most of the dialogue in as many scenes as they remember could post what they recall. :fini:

shellshell
October 31st, 2005, 10:21 PM
i saw the lion king at the lyceme theatre in london and it was totally amazing. the whole show was fantastic. the animals in the audience, the correct dialogue and the songs from the lion king 2. i don't have a bad word to say about it.

Lion_King_300
November 1st, 2005, 03:53 AM
There was one I found very amusing: the scene after Simba's and Nala's first encounter with the Hyenas, and Mufasa toys around with Zazu, telling him Sarabi wanted him to fire Zazu. Another is Scar taking Simba to the Gorge- doesn't Simba start pouncing Scar's tail? I'm pretty sure there's some dialogue there.

In short, I was hoping that a few people who remember some/most of the dialogue in as many scenes as they remember could post what they recall. :fini: [/B]

Ahh yes, the classic "Zazu gets fired" scene. The real reason this scene came to be is that, in the planning for the show, it was discovered that the stagehands needed extra time to set up the elaborate "Wildebeest Stampede" scene, about three and a half to four minutes to be exact.

If you've seen the show, you probably remember that there is a lengthy shadow puppet sequence before the stampede scene but this alone wasn't enough, so the script-writers were sent to work to devise a dialogue scene between Mufasa and Zazu that would not only be funny, but also develop those characters personalities, which it also did beautifully.

It went something like this:

<All action takes place upstage in front of "rock" screen, Mufasa and Zazu enter from stage right, Mufasa looking out toward audience>

Zazu: About last night sire... I'm so terribly sorry. You know how those cubs are always getting into mischief, and as you know I am better suited to royal affairs than tending tots! But when Sarabi asked me to babysit those two of course I obliged, after all, SHE'S the boss.

<Mufasa slowly turns his head toward Zazu, audience laughs>

Zazu: And... you're... the BIG boss...
Sarabi wasn't too upset with me, was she, sire?

Mufasa: Zazu, she was livid! I tried to calm her, but she insists that I...

Zazu: What?

Mufasa: FIRE you!

Zazu: FIRE?!?!?!

<Mufasa walks towards stage left, Zazu goes nuts>

Zazu: <kisses Mufasa's entire body, starting at his feet up to his head>

I love you!

Mufasa: Zazu!

Zazu: AAUGH! FIRED! <continues to freak out, bang head against floor multiple times>

Mufasa: Zazu...

<Zazu slowly looks up at Mufasa>

<slowly, reassuringly> It's... a... joke!

Zazu: <dumbly looks out at audience>
Sire, your sense of humor never fails to abuse me.

Mufasa: Haha, sometimes I can't resist ruffling your feathers!

Zazu: But sire, last night... you weren't too hard on Simba, were you?

Mufasa: How could I be hard on him... I want to encourage his curiosity, but that son of mine seems to want to plunge headstrong into danger without thinking!

Zazu: That reminds me of a cub I knew long ago, a certain headstrong cub, and as I recall, he achieved some prominent status.

Mufasa: <laughs> Zazu, you've known me too long. <both exit stage left>

And that, plus a line or two and maybe a few wording errors, is the added dialogue scene. I don't have the script, I recalled that just from my own memory (I've seen TLKOB 5 times in the last year) and I too really like this dialogue and it adds a ton to Zazu's character that we weren't able to see in the movie.

Hope everyone enjoyed this and brought back some memories! Let me know if you'd like me to recall some more TLKOB scenes and I'll do my best.

Ralli
November 1st, 2005, 10:02 PM
Thank you so much, Lion_King_300. =D Do you think you could post any more dialogue that you remember? I'd really like some from the interaction between cub Simba and Scar before the stampede. Isn't it a little different than from the movie? But if you remember more than just that scene, would you mind posting here or PMing me with it?

Eee, thanks so much for that much, anyway. It brings back memories. It's an awful thing to be unable to remember seeing such a great show. I only remember bits and pieces of scenes, but never the voices or very little of what is said outside of the movie or soundtrack. Lucky you, though- seeing TLK five times in one year. Wow! :o I've only seen in twice.

This Land
November 1st, 2005, 10:54 PM
I have never seen TLKOB at all :(
I would of really liked to.

Recall the whole script please :lol:

Sharifu
November 2nd, 2005, 12:34 AM
(I've seen TLKOB 5 times in the last year)

So you've seen TLKoB for a total of five times right? (I believe you saw TLKoB in Seattle during December, but I think you included that) ;) I keep forgoting how many times you said you've seen the show. :p

Lion_King_300
November 2nd, 2005, 03:44 AM
Yeah, twice in Seattle, once on Broadway and twice in Portland.

Actually just before the stampede scene I remember the dialogue being very similar to the film, but I'm a little weak at remembering this particular scene, the only part I know for sure is different is that Scar asks Simba to stay on "this ledge" instead of "this rock."

And for those of you wondering if there's any difference between the touring productions across the country and the show on Broadway in New York, after I went to see TLKOB in NYC in June I came up with four major differences:

1. Pride Rock is larger on Broadway, about five or ten feet taller to my estimation

2. The dancers for the "Grasslands Chant" actually came up out of the floor to start the song, in the touring production they start out on stage.

3. During the "Lioness hunt" the dancer holding the gazelle that is "eaten" at the end of the song falls through the floor during the strobe light effect so only the gazelle is left on stage. In the touring show he/she stays on stage and prances off, leaving the gazelle puppet.

4. In the He Lives in You reprise, the Ghost of Mufasa is backlit SO much better than in the touring show, in the touring production it appears more solid and doesn't glow but in NYC you can see dots of light that the light shines through to create an AWESOME effect that makes the image more powerful.

For proof of how powerful it is, the audience GASPED in awe when the ghost was revealed in NYC but they've never gasped in any of the touring productions (not so say that it's bad or anything, they're just doing the best with what they have to work with when they take the show on the road) But definitely this was the most noticable difference for me, especially because I love this scene so much!

I think that's about it, everything else was very minor.http://students.washington.edu/tim300/mufasaghost.jpg

Bahati
November 2nd, 2005, 04:00 AM
Thanks for providing that comparison. I always wondered what differences existed between the Broadway and touring shows.

I'm not sure about the rest of the audience in Portland, but I know I gasped when Mufasa's ghost appeared. :)