PDA

View Full Version : Fox and the Hound

Simba22
April 14th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Unlike my last topic this time I spent ten minutes searching to see if this topic has been done before.

So does anyone else like this movie?

TakaTiger
April 14th, 2005, 08:41 PM
i havent seen it forever, but i think i liked it when it came out :D :thinks:

Simba22
April 14th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by TakaTiger
i havent seen it forever, but i think i liked it when it came out :D :thinks:

I hadn't seen it in a long time either until I picked up the DVD last year.:cheese:

Iestyn
April 14th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Wow, The Fox and the Hound. I haven't seen that movie in ages, I loved it.

Simba22
April 14th, 2005, 09:33 PM
It's an oldie but a goody, I hope they still make that sequel that might be good.:cheese:

Ngatuny
April 14th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I don't remember seeing it :alone:

LunarCat
April 14th, 2005, 10:14 PM
its really really sad, :( but good! :D :cheese:

Darkslash
April 14th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Hmmmm... I'll have to watch it tonight if we have it.

Shatara
April 14th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Don't think I've actually seen it...:thinks:

Simba22
April 15th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Anyone who hasn't seen it my reccomendation is rent it. IMO it is a classic.:cheese:

nathalie
April 15th, 2005, 07:03 AM
It's called "Frank and Frey" over here.

Not 1 of my favorite movies, but I like it.

Nalinda
April 15th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Hmm, I think Ive seen it.. but Im not sure. Does anyone know what its called in Sweden? Because.. then I know.. haha :haha:

nathalie
April 15th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Nalinda
Does anyone know what its called in Sweden?

Micke och Molle ( ?? )

Nalinda
April 15th, 2005, 12:30 PM
No, I dont think that was the film..
But anyway, Micke and Molle is an awesome film! :D Love that one..
But of course. Nothing beats TLK for me..

nathalie
April 15th, 2005, 12:32 PM
*hmm* ok ... if it's not Micke and Molle, then what is Micke and Molle? :D

EDIT: no, I was correct ...

Unless ... this is not Swedish ... ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/moorhunhe/frankenfrey.jpg

Simba22
April 15th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Nalinda
No, I dont think that was the film..
But anyway, Micke and Molle is an awesome film! :D Love that one..
But of course. Nothing beats TLK for me..

No if's and's or but's TLK is the best movie out right now. :cheese:

Aurelian
April 15th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I have the original cassette of Fox and the Hound, and it is still awsome! Got some fun facts for this one too:

Boomer the woodpecker is played by Paul Winchell, who would later gain a legacy and cult following as "Winnie-the-Pooh's" Tigger.

The purkipine is played by John Fielder, who would also gain a legasy and cult following as a "Winnie-the_pooh" character, Piglet.

Recognize the voive of Chief? That voice was Pat Butram, better known as Eustace Haney, star of "Green Acres".

Luke and Ellie-Mae, the country bumkin couple from "The Rescuers" were portrayed by Pat Butraml and Jeanette Nolan, Chief and Widow Tweed respectively.

Sombolia
April 15th, 2005, 04:05 PM
:lol: Cult following might be a good way to put it... ;)

I love FatH. =)

Nalinda
April 17th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Ooh! You were right! Sorry..
Well, that movie is very great =D

Nalinda
April 17th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I mean, it was Micke and Molle ;)

Azerane
April 18th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I haven't seen the Fox and the Hound in a long time but I do know that I love it because it is so sad and emotional. It made me cry :( It may be an older movie but it's still so sad... :tears:

EDIT: And is it just me or is everything sadder when it's portrayed with animals? Maybe it's just because I love animals so much that I think that, but if a movie with the same theme as the lion king was made, either animated or real life with people instead of lions, it wouldn't have had the same effect at all.

unregistered user
April 20th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I have it on VHS, it's collecting dust, an upgrade to a DVD is not anticipated at this time. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good movie, but I have not enough desire for the movie to be reinstated.

Opera Ghost
April 25th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I love this film ,i have it on video and love Copper.

Mizani
May 1st, 2005, 02:29 AM
I have it on dvd. I've watched it a few time and I think its pretty
good.:-)
I cried when the widow tweed had to abandon Tod in the forest.
So sad!
:tears:

Simba22
May 1st, 2005, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Mizani
I have it on dvd. I've watched it a few time and I think its pretty
good.:-)
I cried when the widow tweed had to abandon Tod in the forest.
So sad!
:tears:

Whenever I see that scene I get a little misty eyed myself.

Banzai
May 6th, 2005, 11:05 PM
i love that movie! of course i would since my dog is a bassett hound... the same kinda dag portrayed in the movie (unless that's a beagle and i don't realize it)... i cried when i saw it... o great now im gonna wanna watch it again...

Mizani
May 11th, 2005, 10:56 AM
I don't like the sad parts either but I still love the movie:cheese:

Melody of Scar
August 24th, 2005, 04:30 AM
I think it's time to revive this thread for one reason:

Anyone have any details on the sequel coming out? I'm very, very nervous about it - all I have is a title. Fox and the Hound 2: Friends Forever.

Which isn't helping at all. :eww:

I really wanna see how they think they can expand on such a classic film, and am willing to bet it'll be filled with cheesy music and a dumb storyline.

Sombolia
August 24th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Melody of Scar
I think it's time to revive this thread for one reason:

Anyone have any details on the sequel coming out? I'm very, very nervous about it - all I have is a title. Fox and the Hound 2: Friends Forever.

AIEE! Friends Forever? :woeisme:

How many more movies is Disney gonna rape? :die: :rolleyes:

Melody of Scar
August 24th, 2005, 05:23 AM
I'll post a short list.

The Aristocats 2
Brother Bear 2
A Bug's Life 2
Cinderella 3
Dumbo 2
The Emperor's Newer Grove
Finding Nemo 2
Hercules 2 ( The Trojan War )
The Jungle Book 3
Leroy and Stitch
The Little Mermaid 3
Monsters, Inc. 2 ( This made me cry inside )
Mulan 3
Oliver and Company 2
Peter Pan 3
The Rescuers 3
Sleeping Beauty 2
The Tinkerbell Movie
Toy Story 3
Treasure Planet 2

Most of these were found on a rumors and upcoming website, but I've found proof that most of those are indeed being made.

I haven't found out about Leroy and Stitch, though.

The website can be found here (http://homepage.usask.ca/~jjs142/movielist.htm), by the by. Scroll down to Rumors and Upcoming.

Sombolia
August 24th, 2005, 05:36 AM
The Aristocats 2
Brother Bear 2
A Bug's Life 2
Cinderella 3
Dumbo 2
Finding Nemo 2
The Jungle Book 3
Leroy and Stitch
The Little Mermaid 3
Mulan 3
Oliver and Company 2
Peter Pan 3
The Rescuers 3
Sleeping Beauty 2
The Tinkerbell Movie
Toy Story 3
Treasure Planet 2

*cries*

I can't see how they can sequel-ize these - most of them didn't leave room for them :|

LEROY and Stitch? 0_____x

The Tinkerbell Movie?!

*faint*

Melody of Scar
August 24th, 2005, 06:02 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leroy_and_Stitch
http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00003811.html

But this is a Fox and the Hound thread. xD

What do you think the Friends Forever plot could be? Copper and Tod make up and Vixey has little Vixeys and Tods and Copper falls in love and Widow Tweed and Amos fall in love? :eww:

Sombolia
August 24th, 2005, 06:43 AM
What do you think the Friends Forever plot could be? Copper and Tod make up and Vixey has little Vixeys and Tods and Copper falls in love and Widow Tweed and Amos fall in love? :eww:

ROFL. Tweed and Amos.. *snort*

Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with any of that - if it was done well. Which I can tell it isn't going to be.

But Tod and Copper and probably definately going to make up (I almost typed that "make out". Geez). Afterall, it is called "Friends Forever"... *sigh*

Melody of Scar
August 24th, 2005, 06:49 AM
I'd have a problem with Copper falling in love, since no other hound dogs live near Amos from what we know, and I doubt Amos'll buy another one since he's fine with Chief and Copper.

Amos and Tweed would be... Weird, but it would be done.

And the Tod/Vixey thing is slightly obvious, I guess. I just hope it isn't a Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure deal.

And the whole point to the ending of Fox and the Hound is that Copper and Tod silently accept that they can't be together as friends because of their obvious differences, but that they can cherish the friendship they had and love from a distance. There can't be any "omg let's reconcile and be friends again" also because Chief and Amos would *never* stand for it, and I doubt Vixey would be happy.

Sombolia
August 24th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Ah. Well. You're right. :e *hasn't seen FatH in forever*

Melody of Scar
August 24th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Ah. Well. You're right. :e *hasn't seen FatH in forever*

Well jeez, Sombi, why don't ya WATCH IT? :idiot: ;)

I hadn't seen it in forever, either... And I suddenly got to thinking about it, so I hunted down my VHS and watched it again.

I sobbed like a baby, let me tell you, especially when Tweed had to give Tod up for his own safety.

Simba22
August 24th, 2005, 10:35 AM
I'd have a problem with Copper falling in love, since no other hound dogs live near Amos from what we know, and I doubt Amos'll buy another one since he's fine with Chief and Copper.

Amos and Tweed would be... Weird, but it would be done.

And the Tod/Vixey thing is slightly obvious, I guess. I just hope it isn't a Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure deal.

And the whole point to the ending of Fox and the Hound is that Copper and Tod silently accept that they can't be together as friends because of their obvious differences, but that they can cherish the friendship they had and love from a distance. There can't be any "omg let's reconcile and be friends again" also because Chief and Amos would *never* stand for it, and I doubt Vixey would be happy.

I actually liked that movie but who am I too say that Fox and the Hound 2 is gonna be good what can I say I have a really open mind when it comes to sequeals I'll basically watch anything and say it was at least "OKAY" It takes a lot for me to hate a movie.

Kiara Serengeti
August 24th, 2005, 02:33 PM
One of the forgotten Disney films, it seems. You hear about Bambi, The Lion King, Snow White, Cinderella, 101 Dalmations, Lady and the Tramp, Finding Nemo (and the other Pixar\Disney collaborations), Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Jungle Book... etc, more than F&H. I didn't even know it was Disney for a while. I remember vaguely seeing it...

Kiara Serengeti
August 24th, 2005, 02:39 PM
I'll post a short list.

The Aristocats 2
Brother Bear 2
A Bug's Life 2
Cinderella 3
Dumbo 2
Finding Nemo 2
The Jungle Book 3
Leroy and Stitch
The Little Mermaid 3
Mulan 3
Oliver and Company 2
Peter Pan 3
The Rescuers 3
Sleeping Beauty 2
The Tinkerbell Movie
Toy Story 3
Treasure Planet 2

Most of these were found on a rumors and upcoming website, but I've found proof that most of those are indeed being made.

I haven't found out about Leroy and Stitch, though.

The website can be found here (http://homepage.usask.ca/~jjs142/movielist.htm), by the by. Scroll down to Rumors and Upcoming.

Oh...my...word...:gasp: *please be rumors. please be rumors...*. Why can't they just leave good movies alone or at least not sequel-ize the ones that Walt himself worked on? He said he never wanted any movies sequel-ized, and now Disney is raking through the muck. I lost faith after Cinderella 2, L&tT2...I didn't even like TLK2 except for Kiara!!! Oh yes, and there's a BAMBI II coming.

But, I'm getting off-topic...

Lucy Lioness
August 24th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Maybe the Fox and the Hound 2 will be another midquel - like Tarzan 2. Focussing more on Todd and Copper growing up.

Melody of Scar
August 24th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
Maybe the Fox and the Hound 2 will be another midquel - like Tarzan 2. Focussing more on Todd and Copper growing up.

They can't though. Copper and Tod grew up seperately from each other - Copper went on a hunting trip which lasted until he was an adult. And the title can't be Friends Forever if it focuses on the two growing up seperately from each other.

Simba22
August 24th, 2005, 06:28 PM
They can't though. Copper and Tod grew up seperately from each other - Copper went on a hunting trip which lasted until he was an adult. And the title can't be Friends Forever if it focuses on the two growing up seperately from each other.

By the way I just wanted to tell you that, that list might not be totally accurate so nothing much to worry about. For 1 I heard they scrapped the whole Dumbo two idea a few months ago. So a little more of those may have been scrapped.

Melody of Scar
August 24th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Simba22
By the way I just wanted to tell you that, that list might not be totally accurate so nothing much to worry about. For 1 I heard they scrapped the whole Dumbo two idea a few months ago. So a little more of those may have been scrapped.

Most of it is accurate. The only ones I couldn't find were Cinderella, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Newer Grove, and Rescuers.

Simba22
August 24th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Most of it is accurate. The only ones I couldn't find were Cinderella, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Newer Grove, and Rescuers.

Oh they must have unscrapped it at the last minute.:confused:

Melody of Scar
August 24th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Oh they must have unscrapped it at the last minute.:confused:

Dumbo was scrapped.

Simba22
August 24th, 2005, 11:50 PM
I thought so I was just saying if that was scrapped and that was on the list some others may have been too.

Sombolia
August 25th, 2005, 12:27 AM
I hope FatH2 isn't scrapped.. I actually wanna see what do with it, even if it'll suck :p

Melody of Scar
August 25th, 2005, 01:54 AM
I thought so I was just saying if that was scrapped and that was on the list some others may have been too.

Again, I found sites showing that all the listed movies except Cinderella, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Newer Grove, and Rescuers ( add in respective numbers ) are actually being released.

And I'm disappointed that they're putting out a sequel... FatH is such a pure movie left alone as it is. I don't need any more stories to be added onto it.

Simba22
August 25th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Again, I found sites showing that all the listed movies except Cinderella, Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Newer Grove, and Rescuers ( add in respective numbers ) are actually being released.

And I'm disappointed that they're putting out a sequel... FatH is such a pure movie left alone as it is. I don't need any more stories to be added onto it.

I actually agree with that but we'll just see how it turns out. But basically what more could they add? Besides Tod and Vixey having 6 kids or whatever and then A new family moves in with a female dog for Copper there's really nothing more they can do. I'm sorry for not understanding MOS. I believe Sequeals must be given a chance before literally bashing them. I believe instead of Bashing them we should all just have high hopes that it will turn out good. Because in all seriousness you can't really judge a movie before seeing it I don't think we even know the plot yet. SO IMHO I think we should all just have high hopes that most of those are going to turn out good.

Melody of Scar
August 25th, 2005, 03:41 AM
I actually agree with that but we'll just see how it turns out. But basically what more could they add? Besides Tod and Vixey having 6 kids or whatever and then A new family moves in with a female dog for Copper there's really nothing more they can do. I'm sorry for not understanding MOS. I believe Sequeals must be given a chance before literally bashing them. I believe instead of Bashing them we should all just have high hopes that it will turn out good. Because in all seriousness you can't really judge a movie before seeing it I don't think we even know the plot yet. SO IMHO I think we should all just have high hopes that most of those are going to turn out good.

Sorry if I sounded snappy. But based on pervious sequels ( Little Mermaid 2, Lady and the Tramp 2, Beauty and the Beast 2+, Cinderella 2, etc. ) I have no more faith in Disney sequels. As it is, I have no faith in 95% of sequels that come out. Star Wars 1-3 blew. The only sequels I enjoyed from Disney were Rescuers Down Under and Simba's Pride. Hakuna Matata was alright.

But just based on previous experience, I don't have faith for any of these either. Disney sequels are usually a sappy plot with sappy music... Original movies had plots, and now it's all the recycled "Fall in love with outsider, parents look down on, run away!"

Sombolia
August 25th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Agh MoS, tell me about it! I hated Star Wars 1 + 2.. well not hated, but yeah.. 3 was okay. 4-5-6 are better TENFOLD... erm.. [/geeky rambling]

Yeah. I don't even like SP, the only redeeming qualities for me were Nuka and Vitani, and *maybe* Zira. I loved TLK3.. at times more than tlk... but yeah. A great amount of sequels are crap, this one probably will be too. I'm just curious at what they'll do with it.. morbid fascination, y'know. =P

Melody of Scar
August 25th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Agh MoS, tell me about it! I hated Star Wars 1 + 2.. well not hated, but yeah.. 3 was okay. 4-5-6 are better TENFOLD... erm.. [/geeky rambling]

Yeah. I don't even like SP, the only redeeming qualities for me were Nuka and Vitani, and *maybe* Zira. I loved TLK3.. at times more than tlk... but yeah. A great amount of sequels are crap, this one probably will be too. I'm just curious at what they'll do with it.. morbid fascination, y'know. =P

xD I haven't seen most of the Disney sequels, coming to think of it... :thinks:

They looked like crap from the start.

unregistered user
August 25th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Disney Sequal.. Not recommended ;)
trust me ;)

Sombolia
August 25th, 2005, 07:26 AM
I'm watching it right now..

They're so bloody adorable! <33

Melody of Scar
August 25th, 2005, 07:45 AM
I'm watching it right now..

They're so bloody adorable! <33

I watched it the other day, and I'll watch it again soon.

It makes me cry, and the ending is so bittersweet...

Kovu The Lion
August 31st, 2005, 10:38 AM
I loved that movie ^_^ It was awesome, I think it was one of the first Disney Movies I saw... Or was TLK the first Disney movie I saw.. Oh well one of those, I loved the Fox and the Hound anyways, Thought it was cute, and it was sad :(

Sombolia
August 31st, 2005, 08:22 PM
It makes me cry, and the ending is so bittersweet...

Yeah.. I'm glad the ending wasn't all "OMG HAPPY HAPPY THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!"...ish.

Simba22
September 1st, 2005, 03:57 PM
Yeah.. I'm glad the ending wasn't all "OMG HAPPY HAPPY THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!"...ish.

I don't mean to be the bear of bad news but something tells me that's how the sequel will end one way or another.

Indlela
September 29th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Fox and the Hound, what can I really say about this movie? It's a really great animation that I've always cherished. You have to love the story within it and be appreciative of the movie in general. It's really quite unfortunate that you don't find a whole lot of FatH merchandise out there. I would buy just about everything they had.:D

I've always loved this movie, when I was little, and my love for it was renewed about 3 years ago when my cousin came down from Michigan with us to stay for a few weeks. Whenever we're with him we're determined to watch old Disney animations. That year, one of them had been Fox and the Hound. Niether of us had watched the film for a while. When we watched it both of us cried and immediately started the tape over to watch it again while we attempted to draw the characters. Since then my cousin has bought the DVD, which he brings down to Florida whenever he visits and we watch it together every year. We're crazy about it!

There's going to be a sequel to it? Og dear. I can't say I'm pleased with Disney's efforts now a days. I mean really, they're making sequels to everything when they could be plotting up an idea for a completely new 2D animated movie.

Tategami
October 8th, 2005, 07:46 AM
i love this movie!
cheif is my all time fave, even if he is a jerk :nukasm:
i hated the part when the train ran him over. wait...if a train ran a dog over, would'nt it have died? unless the train knicked him, but from what i can remember, he stared at it like a deer in headlights. :horror:
but i agree with everyone that that saddest part is when todd is released back into the wild and he's haveing the hardest time adjusting...
but i love it when todd tries to impress vixey by fishing.

as for sequels, i say give them a chance...UNLESS they 3-D an already 2-D classic. THEN that's when the fur flies! :die:
but i always thought that "the end" ment "the end" as in it can't continue. walt was saying that, pretty much. but since disney cant come up with their own ideas, they work off of something already made.
but im going to be giving said sequels a shot.
though cinderalla 2 kinda made me sketchy. :eww:

Waterfall
November 2nd, 2005, 11:54 AM
Ah the fox and the hound, I love it, I think I love like all disney movies, three years in a row I found another speicial edition that I "had to have" Not Cinderella, that never tickeled my dinsey bone. :P So back to the fox and the hound, I think what makes it sadder is there was no upbeat songs to make us feel better, like in the Lion king, all the sad parts in that were followed by upbeat songs.
As for sequels, they usully aren't as good, but I kinda like them just because I like to see what happens to my characters. Plus, I'm a dork.
Oh speaking of sqequels, Saw 2 is better than the first... but thats not a talk for a dinsey thread :P.......

Simba22
November 2nd, 2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Waterfall
Ah the fox and the hound, I love it, I think I love like all disney movies, three years in a row I found another speicial edition that I "had to have" Not Cinderella, that never tickeled my dinsey bone. :P So back to the fox and the hound, I think what makes it sadder is there was no upbeat songs to make us feel better, like in the Lion king, all the sad parts in that were followed by upbeat songs.
As for sequels, they usully aren't as good, but I kinda like them just because I like to see what happens to my characters. Plus, I'm a dork.
Oh speaking of sqequels, Saw 2 is better than the first... but thats not a talk for a dinsey thread :P.......

I like Sequeals too so I guess that makes me a dork too. And about Saw 2 totally agree.:cheese: