PDA

View Full Version : Omfg Dont See Dawn Of The Dead !!

Shadow
March 24th, 2005, 12:46 AM
ok...first of all....Dawn of the dead is not for anyone under the age of 18 "am over mature but that is no exscuse"

my self is a fan of Zombie flash eating things and so on.....anyway the moive dont give you a begining break it dusent even take 5 min for the exstrimly cruwel and groe to start.....if you dont have the stomack to see a horror moive you dont have the stomeck to see this....if you thought that Dawn of the dead was something like Resident evli 1 and 2....think again.....this is pure grow and horror....no action.....its just a blood spirting moive ofcurse there is action.....but when i say action in this i mean blowing half head of zombies....presing a sprear throw there head do i need to continue?.....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/eww1.jpg

my self got a pure shock when i saw it.....i really recomend that you dont see it "if you are under 18 ".....now this is gona atrack alot ppl to see it i know....but am giving you a warning.....

and the comedy Shan of the dead.....god.....ok...it is funny on maney places....but god duse it get crawl aswell....its almost worse then dawn of the dead with the blood spurting and head blowing.....

anyway....dont see these moives....am so strongly recomending not to....my self just saw em....and i may be a fan of flesh eating zombies.....but the effects in these moives are really desturbing....i warend ya now its up to you.....bless your soul Shadow http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/yea_right.jpg

and dont ask why i put this up maybe its the shock i dont know :eww:

Sudi
March 24th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Hmmm.....is it really that bad shadow? Iv seen some pretty gory war movies like Saving Private Ryne and Band of Brothers and stuf like that , i also like horror movies and stuff, but if its seriously as bad as you say it is i might change my mind about seeing it. but i think your post made me just wanna see it even more:cheese:

Sombolia
March 24th, 2005, 05:31 AM
I didn't want to see it in the first place. But thanks for the heads up so I can warn.. people.. :kiss:

soulImbibe
March 24th, 2005, 06:17 AM
I liked Dawn of the Dead in my own twisted way. You gotta admit the sniping scene was pretty funny as were the credits. Good surround sound mix too.

Sudi, it's not as gory as Saving Private Ryan IMO because it is excessive to an almost comedic point, whereas SPR was intended to be very realistic and sickening. If you like zombie/horror movies at all I don't think you'd have a problem with Dawn of the Dead.

unregistered user
March 24th, 2005, 07:08 AM
It scared the **** out of me but I still liked it ;)

The gory parts arent that bad, thought you shouldnt probaly see that if youre under 15 atleast :E

Lion King Stu
March 24th, 2005, 07:49 AM
i haven't seen the new version of it but I have seen the original which just made me laugh because it was so cheaply done :lol: not even scary

Mabatu
March 24th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't really recommend this movie for anyone under 18 either, so thats good advice Shadow ;)

If i had have seen this when i was just a few years younger, it would have scared the heck out of me :gasp:...i mean, once when i was little i saw some part of a very old horror movie ("Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" i think is the one), and a guy gets his arm severed. Basically the special effects involved the guy taking his arm out of his sleeve and looking a bit shocked. At the time, that scared the heck out of me, and i couldn't get that disturbing image out of my mind for ages. When i saw it again, years later, the scene was almost funny :evilgrin:

The point is that Dawn of the Dead has lots of scenes that will stick in your mind and freak you out, if you're not ready for it. Unless you understand completely that it is all just fancy film making, then you shouldn't see it.

Personally i enjoyed it very much, and it qualified entry into my DVD collection :D :p

Amaryllis
March 24th, 2005, 02:53 PM
i've seen it! it was cool :cheese:

Shadow
March 24th, 2005, 03:23 PM
as i said am persenly fan of Zombie movies and sutsh so this was azsome for me ^^ but as i said and i glad you agred this moive is really desturbing "with the good effects" and sutsh....but in the whole i think its a great and azsome moive ...am not a fan of gore and exstrimly bloody things so i was like "huuu...." in maney places in the moive.....but a thing that shocked me hard was in the end with the chainsaw.....do i have to say more....you know....right befure the crached.....i was like.....omg.....but as i said under 18 dont watch it.....if you are like me a fan of flesh eating zombies this is a good moive...BUT be preperd for grose things and stush.....so i say its a good moive but DEFEDENTLY not for any one under the age of 18.....

unregistered user
March 24th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Lol you all make me wanna see it, is it one of thouse ones which is more scary at the cinema than at home or the other way or just scary full stop?

Sharifu
March 24th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I don't like gory movies... XD

Shadow
March 24th, 2005, 04:35 PM
well it is a very good moive "for the right ppl" and it is scary the one how dusent adnimt that is not a living thing....if i would see this is the cinemas i would **** my pants over and over again hehe....but yeah all in all its a good moive "for the right ppl" if you cant take these groe and horror things then this moive probebly suck ***...but no mater how you twist it its a great horror moive

Edit: dont watch this then Sharifu
hehe

Juniper
March 24th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I liked a few parts of Dawn of the Dead, but overall, the plot seemed a bit dull to me; if ya see one zombie movie, you've seen them all.

Now if you want a demented movie, watch "Saw". Not as gory as Dawn of the Dead, but kinda morbid, even if some parts are humorous. :p I have to admit though, it would suck to be stuck in a room of razor wire and have to get out :gasp:

Sombolia
March 24th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
Same here, I'm such a wuss when it comes to movies... My idea of a suitable movie is Pikachu's Vacation :lol: ...

I don't think I'll be going to see this movie :eek: ...

Ditto.. except the Pikachu's Vacation part.. xD Well I guess it wouldn't be TOO bad. :eek:

I thought "The Birds" was hilarious. :D

unregistered user
March 25th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Scary movies are awesome. I don't think to me at least, zombies are horrific.

(on the other hand, if they were real, then they would scare the hell out of me. o_O :lol: !)

So... I'm deliberating to see this movie, hmm...

Read something important below:

"I Fool You!" XD - </therandomnesshastrickedyou!> :evilgrin:

Tigris Of Gaul
March 25th, 2005, 12:23 PM
*scratches the side of his head*

Hmm.

It's been a little while since I last saw this movie, but I didn't think of it as anything -that- scary. Of course everything affects everyone in a unique way, but generally I'd say kids of these days have seen worse than this one. This is a "funny" horror movie. S'too bad there aren't that many decent psychological horror movies..

Oh well.

Mabatu
March 25th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by shadow
but a thing that shocked me hard was in the end with the chainsaw.....do i have to say more....you know....right befure the crached.....i was like.....omg.....

Now i have to admit, the part freaked me out too. The idea of chainsaws + people just really bothers me, a lot more than any other form of violence, so its difficult for me to watch that.

Needless to say, i would NOT watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the original one. I think that would be the only movie i wouldn't watch. :eww:

Originally posted by pntbll248

Now if you want a demented movie, watch "Saw". Not as gory as Dawn of the Dead, but kinda morbid, even if some parts are humorous. :p I have to admit though, it would suck to be stuck in a room of razor wire and have to get out :gasp:

I agree, i reckon Saw was pretty funny. The acting was really terrible :p. It was pretty original though, and some of the parts in it were pretty freaky. The reverse bear trap was a horrible thought. Normally in a horror movie you'd want to see it actually work on someone, but in this movie, you really don't :gasp: The ending was really shocking too, i totally didn't see that coming! :evilgrin:

And just as an interesting little side note, the 2 guys that wrote and directed the movie are Aussies, and they went to RMIT which is roughly 5-10 mins down the road from where i live :cool: Useless fact there, but anyway :D

Shadow
March 25th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Tigris Of Gaul
*scratches the side of his head*

Hmm.

It's been a little while since I last saw this movie, but I didn't think of it as anything -that- scary. Of course everything affects everyone in a unique way, but generally I'd say kids of these days have seen worse than this one. This is a "funny" horror movie. S'too bad there aren't that many decent psychological horror movies..

Oh well.

now you havent seen Dawn of the dead....you have seen Shan of the dead witch is a horror comedy moive

Tigris Of Gaul
March 25th, 2005, 02:51 PM
now you havent seen Dawn of the dead....you have seen Shan of the dead witch is a horror comedy moive

Yes, I have.

-- SPOILER --

A few parts of the movie were amusing. Such as the one in which they were at a roof of a building and the guy at the roof of an opposite building was sniping out zombies for fun. "Do you think I can hit that Burt Reynolds looking one?" .. or so. I grinned.

Funny movie.

http://puuma.com/stuff/llol.gif

Nephilim
March 25th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Sean of the Dead was a very funny British film.

Personally, I don't see what's so bad about DotD- just another zombie film to laugh at.

Shadow
March 25th, 2005, 06:03 PM
as i said persenly i love Dawn of the dead but for ppl that is "normal lol" this is not a very good moive for them to watch...but for right ppl its a very good moive.....but the only fun part i see in Dawn of the dead is when he snipes the zombies on the roof....

btw am i the only one that notice that Dawn of the dead is almost exaskly like 28 days later.....i mean...they are almost identical "if we think of the Zombie movment and stuch"

exsept that in 28 days later the zombies stav to deahf......

anyway as i said dawn of the dead is not for any one under 18 "our dont have a surten love for zomibes" but thats my opinion its not a law hehe....but personly....Dawn of the dead is not a comedy....our well it is when he shots them with the rifle....you like sitt down and say

"ahww heheh"

you know and ahww turning in to a laugh.....

but Shan of the dead is so funny and hilyrius BUT yet a horror comedi....

"SPOLIER"

"pin cracks"

Ed: F"#k this !! "walks off" "not in fear"

Shan: ED !!

Ed: 2 secends

lol i love that when they are in the bar....

Only-now
March 25th, 2005, 06:55 PM
I havent seen saw, or that one. I think gory ovies are actually pretty funny, when they go over the top...afterall, it IS a movie. I mean, it has to have some suspense and plot to be scary....but I dont think I'll see it, just cause i wont get around to it. Those Jason movies..and all that never bothered me..lol...its just MOVIE gore..hehe. I think the play on emotions is more..freaky..hehe

The_Real_King
March 30th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Hmm, a classmate from last semmester's science class in my school said that his older brother played a Zombie in DotD.

Hanshilo
April 28th, 2005, 06:52 PM
ok...first of all....Dawn of the dead is not for anyone under the age of 18 "am over mature but that is no exscuse"

my self is a fan of Zombie flash eating things and so on.....anyway the moive dont give you a begining break it dusent even take 5 min for the exstrimly cruwel and groe to start.....if you dont have the stomack to see a horror moive you dont have the stomeck to see this....if you thought that Dawn of the dead was something like Resident evli 1 and 2....think again.....this is pure grow and horror....no action.....its just a blood spirting moive ofcurse there is action.....but when i say action in this i mean blowing half head of zombies....presing a sprear throw there head do i need to continue?.....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/eww1.jpg

my self got a pure shock when i saw it.....i really recomend that you dont see it "if you are under 18 ".....now this is gona atrack alot ppl to see it i know....but am giving you a warning.....

and the comedy Shan of the dead.....god.....ok...it is funny on maney places....but god duse it get crawl aswell....its almost worse then dawn of the dead with the blood spurting and head blowing.....

anyway....dont see these moives....am so strongly recomending not to....my self just saw em....and i may be a fan of flesh eating zombies.....but the effects in these moives are really desturbing....i warend ya now its up to you.....bless your soul Shadow http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/yea_right.jpg

and dont ask why i put this up maybe its the shock i dont know :eww:

Aww man i love dat movie it is sooooo cool, though in the older version the part were that biker has his stomache ripped out, that looks like my version of beans and sausages...:cheese: shaun of the dead was good aswel though it was only a comedy... All in favour say i
lol... don't worry i am a gorerholic...:D

TakaTiger
April 28th, 2005, 07:15 PM
i myself like gorey movies >:]

unregistered user
April 28th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Dawn of the dead is like Winnie the puh compared to The Ring in my opinion :P

TakaTiger
April 28th, 2005, 07:22 PM
the ring? bah! no gore in there, wanna see a gorey movie? watch Wrong turn :P

unregistered user
April 28th, 2005, 07:24 PM
It isnt gory now, but in terms of horror movies ;)

TakaTiger
April 28th, 2005, 07:25 PM
diddnt scare me that much :P mostly just jump at parts

Tigris Of Gaul
April 28th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TakaTiger
diddnt scare me that much :P mostly just jump at parts

Yep, I always knew TakaTiger was teh ICEMAN. http://puuma.com/stuff/biggrin.gif

Now there's finally proof.

TakaTiger
April 28th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Iceman? eh? i dont get it oO

Tigris Of Gaul
April 28th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Ah, nevermind. Just meant that you're not afraid of things. *chuckles* Just ignore me.. I often confuse people. It's kind of fun.. though.. hmmh...

http://puuma.com/stuff/thinking.gif

TakaTiger
April 28th, 2005, 07:52 PM
im afraid of some thing, just not fake things like a movie :P

Hanshilo
April 29th, 2005, 08:34 PM
the ring? bah! no gore in there, wanna see a gorey movie? watch Wrong turn :P

You all wanna see a gory movie...
SAW is da best for dat...
Ppl hacking off lankles withs saws, and people running through barbed wire ouch...

TakaTiger
April 29th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Hanshilo
You all wanna see a gory movie...
SAW is da best for dat...
Ppl hacking off lankles withs saws, and people running through barbed wire ouch...

puh! tahts nuffin compared to wrong turn!

people getting barbed ware showd into their mouths, getting there head from the mouth up getting chopped up, and getting eaten when they get taken home :P

mmm... tastey :idiot:

Lion King Stu
April 29th, 2005, 09:28 PM
puh! tahts nuffin compared to wrong turn!

people getting barbed ware showd into their mouths, getting there head from the mouth up getting chopped up, and getting eaten when they get taken home :P

mmm... tastey :idiot:

Sounds like McDonald's that does...I knew that clown was a damn murderer :p

TakaTiger
April 29th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
Sounds like McDonald's that does...I knew that clown was a damn murderer :p

x) omg! lol, i never really thought of it that way :evilgrin:

Lion King Stu
April 29th, 2005, 10:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/stuartj/1320mcdonalds.jpg
omg just look at him...trying to pick another victem :eek:

TakaTiger
April 29th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Run person! run while you still can!

Hanshilo
May 2nd, 2005, 04:37 PM
sounds like a great movie i will check that out later... uhmmm, sounds like the victems in that movie had a great dinner. yeah i bet macys use the slogan just to make ppl think it is safe.. Damn use Mc Donalds:evilgrin: :eek:

Sadiki
May 2nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
Down of the dead was quite funny movie more than scary. Even I uselly find all the horror movies or splatter movies funny more than scary. but then again, it is just me ;)

Juniper
May 3rd, 2005, 02:00 AM
"Saw" was a good gory movie, but it was kinda funny... or very funny. And demented. In other words, my kind of movie :p

I probably already said that though *doesn't have a good memory*

Simba '04
May 3rd, 2005, 02:05 AM
Saw was just messed up and creepy!

Juniper
May 3rd, 2005, 02:16 AM
Oh come on, you mean to tell me you didn't laugh when the guy was in that room of razor wire? Or that girl cut that guy open to get a key to unlock that bear trap? People nowadays have no sense of humor :p

Mabatu
May 3rd, 2005, 01:10 PM
In Saw, i didn't find the razor wire or the reverse bear trap or any of that stuff funny, but i did find the acting almost hilarious! Cary Elwes was overracting bigtime and i found it very hard to take him seriously :p In one part where he screams at whoever is keeping them captive, he almost starts laughing (at least it looks a lot like he does), and that just removes all tension from the scene! :lol:

Possible spoilers:

At the end, it was also really funny when Dr. Gordon was leaving to go get 'help' (minus a foot :p), and he seems to have developed some kind of strong emotional attachment to the other guy, a little too strong perhaps, and it was just funny :p

The movie is very enjoyable though, i really enjoyed watching it. It is very twisted, but its pure fiction and not believeable at all (unlike Se7en), so its all good :cheese:

Hanshilo
May 10th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Yeah that was all funny especially when that guy fakes his death so he can get out alive....
:cheese:
But the guy who had his throat slit still alive and the ammount of blood loss, man i'm surprised he is still alive..:gasp:

Lion Roar
May 10th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I watch that movie twice... and it's not scary, I laugh a lot at some parts :lol: and I don't think it's so gory neither... I have seen worse movies.