PDA

View Full Version : All Dogs Go To Heaven

unregistered user
March 23rd, 2005, 03:51 PM
A timeless classic of a movie. :bleen:

Charlie! Charlie! Charlie! :D

Great movie & I love it! ^^ (even though, I don't like Burt Reynolds)...

:lol:

nathalie
March 23rd, 2005, 04:01 PM
Great movie !

Have it on DVD.

The 2nd one isn't that bad in my opinion, but it's not 1 of my favorites.

Sharifu
March 23rd, 2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah Don Bluth's old animated films were great. (All Dogs go to Heaven, Land Before Time, Secret of Nimh, etc.)

Charlie it my favorite character. ;) Aww and who could forget Itchy. :p I'd like to see the movie again I haven't seen it in a really long time.

King Simba
March 23rd, 2005, 07:48 PM
I've seen the movie before too. I think I have it on VHS somewhere. Must find it and get chance to watch it again. :p

Monai
March 23rd, 2005, 08:05 PM
I've never seen the movie in full, but I've seen An All Dogs Christmas Carol.

Aurelian
March 23rd, 2005, 08:27 PM
Heh, saw this in a second hand store a few months back, and grabbed it right away. I remember watching with my family as a young kid. Really great, though extremly sad, movie.

Darkslash
March 23rd, 2005, 08:39 PM
It's a great movie, especially with the locations it is set in. The artistry in those backgrounds is superb.

BlueStef
March 23rd, 2005, 10:17 PM
<3 I love it so much !
Charlie is a so cool Doggi ;)

unregistered user
March 24th, 2005, 01:12 AM
A classic movie of course..

Early Don Bluth films rule ^^

Shadow
March 24th, 2005, 01:18 AM
oh yeah that moive is great....one of my favrets....Itshy ^^hehe...i got that moive on tape

Shatara
March 24th, 2005, 04:33 PM
One o' my oldest favorites ^_^

I wanna Flash Gordon Thermal-Atomic Raygun!!:D

LionKingxx
March 24th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I have seen the cartoon of this and i must say it is really good

starlioness
March 24th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Shatara
One o' my oldest favorites ^_^

I wanna Flash Gordon Thermal-Atomic Raygun!!:D

ooh! me too! think they have it on Ebay?

Sombolia
March 24th, 2005, 11:31 PM
I love that movie. =3

Charlie rocks! <3

Shadow
March 25th, 2005, 12:43 AM
you know on Swedish the moive name is

Charlie the Angle dog

^^

Sombolia
March 25th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Awww.. that's a cute name. :browlift:

Aurelian
March 25th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Here is some trivia:

Burt Reynolds(Charlie) and Loni Anderson(Flo) are a real life couple. They have a daughter.

Reynolds is best known for playing Jack Horner on the classic movie "Boogie Nights".

Reynolds also appeared in the Disney cartoon "Oliver & Company" as the man who owned the dogs.

Dom DeLuise(Itchy) appeared in "An American Tail: Fivel Goes West" as Fivel's feline companion, Tiger. He also appears reguarly on "Father of the Pride" as one of Sarmodi's poker buddies.

Both DeLuise and Charles Nelson Riley(Killer) played their counterparts in the cartoon series as well as their original character. They are the only ones to do so.

Tragicaly, Judith Barsi(Anne-Marie, also Ducky from "The Land Before Time") would not live long enough to see the movie released. On July 27, 1988, Barsi and her mother were tourtured and shot to death by her own abusive and suisidal father, who would later end his own life. She was only 10 years old. Her dream of finding "nice parents" doesn't seem so cartoony now, does it? It's only to bad that it never came true...

starlioness
March 25th, 2005, 07:06 AM
actually it was Dom Deluise (Fagin/Itchy) who owned the dogs...;)

hopefully, Judith and her mom are in heaven now..:alone:

Darkslash
March 26th, 2005, 05:19 AM
This thread inspired me to go watch my Disney Channel Free Preview Please Subscribe recorded version of ADGTH. I liked it again.

starlioness
March 26th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by shadow
you know on Swedish the moive name is

Charlie the Angle dog

^^

that's the thing about angles , everyone's looking for one ;)

Sombolia
March 26th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Dom DeLuise(Itchy) appeared in "An American Tail: Fivel Goes West" as Fivel's feline companion, Tiger. He also appears reguarly on "Father of the Pride" as one of Sarmodi's poker buddies.

*perfectionist mode* --> It's "Sarmoti", stands for Sigfreid And Roy Masters of the Impossible. :D That's awesome though. :browlift:

Simba22
April 6th, 2005, 11:25 PM
I don't remember too much about the movie but since Don Bluth is the man I love it.:cheese:

Opera Ghost
April 25th, 2005, 07:58 PM
i love all dogs go to heaven i heard a third is coming out
i really like Charlie the german shepard and for some reason Carface that adorable bulldog

Tategami
October 8th, 2005, 07:56 AM
discuss!

such a violent movie to be rated G IMO.
i still have the vhs from when my grandma gave it to me for birthday/christmas.
and, when i watched it the other day, i realised that ann marrie was voiced by the same girl who played duckie on land before time. heh yeah im slow :ayecapn:

so what do you guys think of this movie, and it's sequel?

lion_roog
October 8th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Sweet Movie...When my family bought a used VCR when I 8 years old...it was the first video I saw on it....I had no idea what was going on the first time I saw it...all I knew was that Charlie looked like the dog we used to have...:D

Tategami
October 8th, 2005, 08:05 AM
yeah the begining was a little confusing.
i take it that he was in the pound. but was itchy and him a team before they got caught or what?

the sequel...was okay....but the kiss at the end was ooc for dogs.

lion_roog
October 8th, 2005, 08:08 AM
I don't really remember the beginning...I have seen it three times in my life...I should see it again. Never seen the sequal...does he kiss that angel dog that he was always annoying?

Tategami
October 8th, 2005, 08:12 AM
it's a good movie, worth seeing more than 3 times.

and no, he does'nt kiss annabelle. he kisses a new dog, an irish setter named sasha. http://foxx278.tripod.com/sashabio.html

lion_roog
October 8th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Sweet...what's all this about playing the guitar?...Dogs can't play guitars...unless they've just been hiding this from me all this time!...:D

Lucy Lioness
October 8th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Tategami
it's a good movie, worth seeing more than 3 times.

and no, he does'nt kiss annabelle. he kisses a new dog, an irish setter named sasha. http://foxx278.tripod.com/sashabio.html

I was wondering what she was from, I made a signature for someone with her in before. :D

I have never seen this movie, or the sequel. I preferred Rover Dangerfield when I was younger (bad, I know, hehe). I'm not really keen on dog movies though, and the prospect of All Dogs Go To Heaven depressed me a little when I was younger, the prospect of animals dying in a movie. Athough I don't know the plot and I'm rambling. Plus I saw a trailer with (I think) a huge crocodile singing to a dog and I thought it looked kinda freaky...haha.

lion_roog
October 8th, 2005, 08:27 AM
:haha:...I remember the Crocadile part!....Sweet!...it's right up there with Upendi....cartoons on Acid...:D

nathalie
October 8th, 2005, 08:58 AM
I know you're new and all, but the SEARCH button is on a forum for A REASON ;)

*threads merged*

Tategami
October 8th, 2005, 04:54 PM
oohh okay!
i looked thru the other animated movies and did'nt see an ADgtH thread.
sorry, did'nt mean to cause you trouble :tears:

oh! king gator! i love him and the song that he sings to and with charlie.
and i did'nt know that the girl who played ann marrie was killed before the movie's release!
interesting piece of triva, thanks for sharing!

the sequel had it's moments i guess, but the christmas carol and the cartoon kinda went a little overboard.

Simba22
October 22nd, 2005, 08:51 PM
oohh okay!
i looked thru the other animated movies and did'nt see an ADgtH thread.
sorry, did'nt mean to cause you trouble :tears:

oh! king gator! i love him and the song that he sings to and with charlie.
and i did'nt know that the girl who played ann marrie was killed before the movie's release!
interesting piece of triva, thanks for sharing!

the sequel had it's moments i guess, but the christmas carol and the cartoon kinda went a little overboard.

I never noticed that that girl played Ducky too and I own both movies.[Land Before Time 1 and ADGTH] ADGTH 2 was pretty good I loved Sasha. And I love that "It's too heavenly" song. IMO it was very good for a DTV[It didn't come out in theaters did it?] Charlie is one cool dog I would love to have have a dog who I could drink with and gamble with. :cheese:

Tategami
October 22nd, 2005, 11:04 PM
accually, ADGTH 2 came to theaters to my knowledge.

Simba22
October 22nd, 2005, 11:32 PM
accually, ADGTH 2 came to theaters to my knowledge.

Oh really? I have come to the comclusion that most of the sequeals that end up in theaters turn out good and the DTV'S only some of them turn out good.

aj2590
October 23rd, 2005, 03:32 AM
ADGTH is a true underrated classical animation, hands down. :) That's all I gotta say about it.

Sharifu
October 26th, 2005, 08:13 AM
so what do you guys think of this movie, and it's sequel?

Ok well I already said earlier in this thread what I thought about the original... The sequel was ok. I was quite surprised it was theatrically released. I believe it didn't make much money at the box office though... None of the voices are the same except for Itchy. (Of course, who could replace Dom Deluise's voice?) ;) But for most of the characters, they pretty much sounded like the originals... Except for Carface! Ugh! What were they thinking when they hired that guy to do his voice in the sequel?!?! Carface had such an evil, deep, scary voice in the original. In the sequel, he sounds like a joking, stupid, jolly guy. Also in the sequel there are a lot of animation mistakes... Like in lots of shots Charlie will be wearing that red collar before he even gets it... (Man I haven't seen that movie in so long, I kind of forgot why Charlie and Itchy got that collar... I think it was so they could be seen by the living? I would like to see both of those movies again since it's been sooo long since I've seen them)

the sequel...was okay....but the kiss at the end was ooc for dogs.

What does ooc stand for? But I do think that kiss was really weird for dogs... I mean how the hell does that work? :lol:

Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
I'm not really keen on dog movies though

Aww I like dogs... Just as much as cats. But you guys MUST see Balto if you haven't... It's such a good movie and relates to TLK on so many levels. Plus it's my favorite dog movie ever. :D I would say my second favorite animated film after TLK. I love the beautiful animation and score, and the wonderful story. ^^

Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
the prospect of All Dogs Go To Heaven depressed me a little when I was younger, the prospect of animals dying in a movie.

:lol: That's really funny coming from a TLK fan. (Mufasa's death) ;)

Originally posted by Simba22
IMO it was very good for a DTV[It didn't come out in theaters did it?]

Actually yes it was in theaters. Surprising isn't it? It's rare for a 2-D animated sequel to be released in the theaters. I wanted to see it in the theaters but my mom never took me to see it. XD I just saw it once we got it on VHS.

Woo... This reply took me a while. ;)

Simba22
October 26th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu

What does ooc stand for? But I do think that kiss was really weird for dogs... I mean how the hell does that work? :lol:

I'm a big RP'er so I hear OOC almost all the time. I believe OOC stands for Out Of Character. In other words what the other poster was pointing out is that that's not how dogs kiss and it was really Out of Character for 2 dogs to kiss like that.:cheese: