PDA

View Full Version : The Incredibles

Suki
November 17th, 2004, 02:42 AM
I just had to make this thread.:haha:

Soooo, do you like it?

I LOVE that movie. :D

EDIT: If you have seen the movie, post your fave character.
Mine's Violet *hugs Violet REALLY hard* :-)

ChildOfThePride
November 17th, 2004, 02:49 AM
LOVED IT. Favorite character: Helen/Elastigirl, or Edna Mode

Simrick
November 17th, 2004, 02:52 AM
I liked it ^^ and my favorite character was Bob ( Mr. Incredible ) :cheese:

unregistered user
November 17th, 2004, 02:55 AM
I haven't seen it yet! *yet* XD

unregistered user
November 17th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Ah yes....this movie, in my humble opinion out-shines "Finding Nemo" in every way. So, I'd have to say "I Loved It". :evilgrin:

Suki
November 17th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
LOVED IT. Favorite character: Helen/Elastigirl, or Edna Mode

I thought you would post first.:evilgrin:

If any of you guys saw it, I asked 2 people today "Have you ever had Tony Loaf?" xD

Ex. "What are ya hungry for?" "Tony Radenger.."
"Shut up!""Well you are!""I said SHUT UP, you little insect!""Well she is!""No shouting at the table, honey!""Kids! Listen to your mother!""She'd eat if we were having Tony Loaf.""THAT'S IT!"
:lol:

Suki
November 17th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Sonique21837?
I haven't seen it yet! *yet* XD

:o See it....now!!!!!!! Before it dies! Go! Shoo!

HasiraKali
November 17th, 2004, 03:00 AM
I really liked it too :D My favorite is Syndrome. I don't know why he just had some funny lines. :)

Suki
November 17th, 2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
I really liked it too :D My favorite is Syndrome. I don't know why he just had some funny lines. :)

He looked funny as a kid. xD

Simrick
November 17th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Suki
He looked funny as a kid. xD
yeah he did :lol: Incrediboy :p

CheshireCat
November 17th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Aw! Buddy!

I feel for that character.

HasiraKali
November 17th, 2004, 03:46 AM
He did look really funny XD I found myself watching his hair move a lot :p

Suki
November 17th, 2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
He did look really funny XD I found myself watching his hair move a lot :p
:haha:

Ngatuny
November 17th, 2004, 04:50 AM
I haven't seen it, but I wanna see it

Xinithian
November 17th, 2004, 05:04 AM
I'm gonna see it soon. My teacher says that it was better than Toy Story, but it will have to be one hell of a movie to beat that.

FCSimba
November 17th, 2004, 05:53 AM
I positively ADORED the Incredibles! -grins and flicks tail- My favorites, tied for first, were Elastigirl and Dash! That little dude is zippy! I thought Jak Jak was pretteh funneh too, but his power was so different from his other family members that it was slightly--overdoing it. -shrugs- I still thought it was cool. ;)

Mabatu
November 17th, 2004, 06:59 AM
I havn't seen it yet, and at this point i'm really not interested in it, no offence to anybody that likes it :)

Anni_the_Diva
November 17th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Great movie! :D

King Simba
November 17th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Haven't seen it but want to see it.

...and who voted 'I haven't seen a movie in the last 20 years'? :lol:

lion_roog
November 17th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by King Simba

...and who voted 'I haven't seen a movie in the last 20 years'? :lol:

:D ....Take a wild guess....:D

starlioness
November 17th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog

I feel for ya buddy ;)...

I have the movie novel to the Incredibles , one of these days I'll get of the computer and go read it :lol:

lion_roog
November 17th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by starlioness
I feel for ya buddy ;)...

:haha:....I like it when people feel for me.......or just feel me.....:D

But there are a ton of movies that I haven't seen..:alone: ....And Sharifu has them all......:D

starlioness
November 17th, 2004, 09:55 AM
:haha:....I like it when people feel for me.......or just feel me.....:D

But there are a ton of movies that I haven't seen..:alone: ....And Sharifu has them all......:D

like that line from Finding Nemo.. Sharifu has my money! err.. movies ;)

nafklt
November 17th, 2004, 10:12 AM
What's a movie?:horror: :bleen:

lion_roog
November 17th, 2004, 10:30 AM
like that line from Finding Nemo.. Sharifu has my money! err.. movies ;)

:haha: .....:gasp: Wait!.....Sharifu has my money!?!......:D

Simba_TLK
November 17th, 2004, 12:29 PM
i havent seen it yet ;)
i dont think i will....not really my type of movie, oh well :p

King Simba
November 17th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Um, let's see...:thinks:

It was you. :evilgrin:

lion_roog
November 17th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by King Simba
Um, let's see...:thinks:

It was you. :evilgrin:

*dingdingding*....You arrrrre Right!!!....Tell her what she's won, Bob....

Well, you won nothing that has any cash value whatsoever; but you have won the freedom to kick lion_roog whenever you see him in public.....and give him a virtual lioness kiss.....:evilgrin: :D

King Simba
November 17th, 2004, 08:32 PM
:lol: :lol: ;)

ChildOfThePride
November 17th, 2004, 09:42 PM
"And got BIZ-AY!" LOVED that line!

And when Syndrome threw him too far....LOL.

Lion Roar
November 17th, 2004, 09:47 PM
I haven't seen it yet.

Monai
November 17th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Monai has not seen the movie yet. Monai wants to see it. Monai will now stop speaking like he is not talking about himself.

Cerise
November 17th, 2004, 10:25 PM
I liked it.

My fav. was probably Edna Mode. And then Dash.

jannali
November 17th, 2004, 11:16 PM
i have to say it was really really good. i had my doubts going in, because of the fact that i am mad at 3d animation but coming out i admitted that it was in fact incredible ;) ^^

unregistered user
November 17th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Hey, I saw that movie too!!!!!!! It's really koolsome!!!
My fav. characters are Dash Parr (Dash) and Mr. Bob Incredible hehe but I think they all had pretty nice powers.:cheese:

Muruwa
November 18th, 2004, 03:26 AM
I liked it, and I want to see it again. The only thing I found annoying was how skinny they made the girls, my goodness no one is that thin! My favorite character... Violet, her powers were cool.

Sharifu
November 18th, 2004, 03:36 AM
I haven't seen it yet. I want to though. I guess I'll wait till I go up to Oregon in a couple of weeks, I'll see it with my mom and sis. :cheese:

FCSimba
November 18th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
FC you're here :cheese: !!! Great to see you here mate =) !!!

Nice signature too mate, so cute =D !!!

I've never seen The Incredibles, I wouldn't mind doing so in the future though =D !!!

Yuppers, it's me STL! When Neopets went down the other day I remembered I had an account here! I'm gonna stop neglecting it -grins and flicks tail-:jejeje: Not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Xinithian
November 18th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by FCSimba
Yuppers, it's me STL! When Neopets went down the other day I remembered I had an account here! I'm gonna stop neglecting it -grins and flicks tail-:jejeje: Not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. Where in Alaska do you live?

FCSimba
November 18th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Where in Alaska do you live?

Anchorage -grins- You live near?

Khaki
November 18th, 2004, 04:47 AM
I saw that movie and absolutly loved it! The best scene is the one where Jackjack goes all crazy on the villan :lol:

Suki
November 18th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Muruwa
My favorite character... Violet, her powers were cool.

I think you can tell who's mine by looking at my sig and avvy. :lol:

starlioness
November 18th, 2004, 09:38 AM
have you noticed how many Nala smileys we have on this board?:Ohno:

something mildly amusing , I was at the store in the video section of the store looking for movies.. this one kid told his mom he wanted to see the Disney movie with cows in it. so the Salesclerk says that the Incredi-BULLS (ha-ha :p) wasn't on video yet.. of course then the kid said he wanted to see Home on the Range.. the clerk replied .. well, it's better than Monsters Stink and Grinding Nemo.. but not as good as a Bug's strife ..and PLOY STORY .:rolleyes: ...yeah, don't quit your day job pal..

Sharifu
November 18th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Omg, :lol: Starlioness, that guy is too much... XD

And you can never have too many Nala smilies... :p

But, I think we need more Zazu smilies. :cringe: (As this is the only one!)

starlioness
November 18th, 2004, 10:46 AM
yeah, and we need more Pumbaa ones :scream: and don't forget Rafreaky :hmm: how bout some shenzi and Banzai smileys guys? and you can never have too much Ed..:ayecapn:

Kovu
November 18th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Yay, just watched it today. :p
Kinda cool, though the storyline's a bit random. :lol:
And i'ma like Frozone's (sp?) powers. :cheese:

Sadiki
November 18th, 2004, 06:50 PM
haven't seen it yet... maybe I will.. or then not.. at least not in movies because I'm quite busy at the moment with School and work

Xinithian
November 19th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Anchorage -grins- You live near? Nowhere near, I'm in CA. But how's Anchorage? I might move there when I move out of the house... does it rain enough? I looked at the charts, and according to them it barely rains there.

FCSimba
November 20th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Nowhere near, I'm in CA. But how's Anchorage? I might move there when I move out of the house... does it rain enough? I looked at the charts, and according to them it barely rains there.

Hmm, well, we've had quite a bit of rain this year, off and on snow, not enough to go snowboarding in but...Eh, I love Anchorage, it's wonderful here. It's a nice place to live, if you like it dark and cold. :lol::idiot:

People would think Alaska to be covered in snow constantly and freezing, but in reality our winters are a dry cold--much less chilling then humid cold--and our summers are so HOT! :yuck: It even got to be about 90 degrees here this summer! :cool:

Suki
November 20th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Hmm, well, we've had quite a bit of rain this year, off and on snow, not enough to go snowboarding in but...Eh, I love Anchorage, it's wonderful here. It's a nice place to live, if you like it dark and cold. :lol::idiot:

People would think Alaska to be covered in snow constantly and freezing, but in reality our winters are a dry cold--much less chilling then humid cold--and our summers are so HOT! :yuck: It even got to be about 90 degrees here this summer! :cool:

:haha: That's hard to believe, but I do. :lol:

FCSimba
November 20th, 2004, 10:37 PM
:haha: That's hard to believe, but I do. :lol:

Don't worry, it was hard to believe it got 90 for me too! :Psst: But it was, and to keep cool we had to drink lots of soda's (which was okay by me) and blast the crud out of each other with squirt guns. Muhahaha :jejeje: Let's just say I won the water fight as General FC. ;)

lion_roog
November 21st, 2004, 10:38 AM
so the Salesclerk says that the Incredi-BULLS (ha-ha :p) wasn't on video yet.. of course then the kid said he wanted to see Home on the Range.. the clerk replied .. well, it's better than Monsters Stink and Grinding Nemo.. but not as good as a Bug's strife ..and PLOY STORY .:rolleyes: ...yeah, don't quit your day job pal..

:haha: ...it can be fun to ba a clerk, sometimes.....especially when you have to plus sell....I really mess that up.....:evilgrin: ......I plus sell lottery tickets to 10 year old kids, ask people if they would like chips with their chips, ask if I could have cash back when they pay with debit, and I even pluss sell the Beer Runners......Would you like any chips with your stolen beer, Mother F****r?!?........:D

Xinithian
November 21st, 2004, 09:00 PM

People would think Alaska to be covered in snow constantly and freezing, but in reality our winters are a dry cold--much less chilling then humid cold--and our summers are so HOT! :yuck: It even got to be about 90 degrees here this summer! :cool: The coasts are nice, but the inland areas (like Fairbanks) are too extreme. Fairbanks has the widest ranging temperatures in the world.

FCSimba
November 22nd, 2004, 02:29 AM
-nods- Yeah--Fairbanks is wierd. I like Homer a lot -grins- All those starfishies just a'waitin' to be poked and prodded :p

Cerise
November 22nd, 2004, 04:20 AM
*SPOILERS* (kinda, not major)
------
--------
----------
------------
---------
-------

It was surprising to see a skeleton like that in a Disney movie. You know, when he was underground.

unregistered user
February 20th, 2005, 04:53 AM
I was reluctant to seeing it at first but my mom draged me down to the theater any way. I was surprized :cheese: to see that it was a great movie and if you check my profile you'll see I have it listed. Violet was also my favorite character. Too bad I can't turn invisible sometimes!:cheese:

unregistered user
February 20th, 2005, 04:55 AM
WOAH! I didn't notice how old this post was, well hope you get my message Suki!:cheese:

Mushroom
February 20th, 2005, 12:00 PM
I personally didn't like it too much. After Finding Nemo (which I though was a terrible film) I'm not too enthusiastic about PIXAR films anymore. I just didn't think the story was too great, didn't reallly like any of the characters. Frozone was pretty cool but they just they didn't use him as much as the trailers made out and it was such a shame.

nathalie
February 20th, 2005, 12:08 PM
voted "i liked it"

the beginning wasn't that good in my opinion, but after 35 minutes or so, the movie gets better

Suki
February 22nd, 2005, 12:08 AM
http://www.animatedbliss.com/images/DVD/I/lg_the-incredibles_widescreen.jpg
:D March 15th.

ChildOfThePride
February 25th, 2005, 01:43 AM
:D

Suki
February 26th, 2005, 03:31 PM

(let's do this until we're dumb enouugh to realize I'm babbling junk! XD)

lion_roog
February 26th, 2005, 05:41 PM

Suki
February 26th, 2005, 05:47 PM

lion_roog
February 26th, 2005, 07:12 PM

Azerane
February 26th, 2005, 11:56 PM
I saw the Incredibles yesterday, I really enjoyed it, it was better than I thought it would be... :D

...As for my favourite characters, I like Violet and Dash and Jack-Jack, heh, can't decide between them.... I love it when Syndrome is holding Jack-Jack to steal him and Jack-Jack starts morphing. :lol:

Oh and darn you people who get The Incredibles on March 15th... it comes out April 6th over here!

jannali
February 27th, 2005, 01:32 AM
im torn in two over this one. i sorta liked it, it had a good villian (he creeped me out) but the ending was bleh....that baby scene didnt make any sense and seemed out of character with the rest of the movie. im kind of boycotting 3d animation too lol. so yea...maybe i'll buy it, maybe not

2 Die FR
February 27th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Yeah that baby thing was kinda weird:confused: I think the ending was the only part of the Incredibles I didn't especially like...all the characters were great though.

BTW what the heck was:D all about anyhoo??

lion_roog
February 27th, 2005, 05:16 AM

Valkiria
February 27th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I liked it! :)

2 Die FR
February 27th, 2005, 11:10 PM
QUIT IT!!!
lol:D

LunarCat
February 28th, 2005, 02:00 AM
The Incredibles has just won Best Animated Feature Film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

and Edna was a presenter for Best Costume Designer...:D :evilgrin: it was very funny

HasiraKali
February 28th, 2005, 02:28 AM
The Incredibles won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. :D *happies*

Suki
February 28th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Oh. Muh. Gawd.

*screams and runs around the house*

*ahem* Doesn't this go in the Swamp?

EDIT: Did you make this thread just cause you knew I'd love that news? :D (j/k)

CheshireCat
February 28th, 2005, 02:32 AM
I love how the only part of Disney Brad Bird thanked was the marketing team.. Hahaha!

Bird also used the term "illusion of life" to describe animation. Ever since the book by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston was published in 1981, that's been becoming an increasingly prominent vocabulary definition for animation in general.

Now I'm looking to see who will win "Best Animated Short" I'm rooting for Gopher Broke... Ringling Animation wants more Oscars!

Sharifu
February 28th, 2005, 02:41 AM
I miss 2-D animation. :(

Darkslash
February 28th, 2005, 02:42 AM
so do I.

*collective sigh*

Suki
February 28th, 2005, 02:51 AM
Everyone has their own opinons, I guess....*sighs and mumbles cuss words*

unregistered user
February 28th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Was this just on TV?

Cause I saw Edna presenting the award for costumes.:confused:

Sharifu
February 28th, 2005, 02:55 AM
I have nothing against The Incredibles Suki... I thought it was a fun film to watch... Still I miss 2-D animation... I liked it back few years ago when there was both 2-D animated films and 3-D animated films.

Suki
February 28th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by 2 Die FR
QUIT IT!!!
lol:D

: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D

I know it won't show :D, but I just wanted to tease you :p

Suki
February 28th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Lunarcat
and Edna was a presenter for Best Costume Designer...:D :evilgrin: it was very funny

:lol: What if she had won? :o Wouldn't that have been weird? XD and dumb too, since she's only a 3-D woman who lives in a film and a computer XD

Sombolia
February 28th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Yeah, I miss 2-D animation :(

I've never seen the Incredibles but I preordered it... is it any good? ;)

Suki
February 28th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by SomboliaTheLion
I've never seen the Incredibles but I preordered it... is it any good? ;)

Take a guess. :evilgrin:

And Sharifu, I know you have nothing against The Inredibles. ;) I just don't like it when people sound as if they're dissing TI which means they're dissing Vi which is like they're dissing me. :(

I have spoken.

HasiraKali
February 28th, 2005, 03:13 AM
*ahem* Doesn't this go in the Swamp?

My bad. :p

CheshireCat
February 28th, 2005, 03:16 AM
Gopher Broke (http://www.rsad.edu/news/headlines.php) was robbed! ROBBED!! *sobs* Ryan was good but not good enough to win the Oscar for Best Animated Short! WTF?!?

Sombolia
February 28th, 2005, 03:24 AM
I haven't seen it, but my mom preordered it, so I guess I'll see it March 15 o_o

starlioness
February 28th, 2005, 04:26 AM
I'll have to see it on the 15th too.. or whenever I get money..:emo:

poor Dreamworks didn't have a Shrek of a chance.. everybody knew Sharktale was in there for a laughs..:rolleyes: looks like those boys are seeing red now ;) :evilgrin:

meh, I'll think I'll wait till 2007 to see the next acadamey awards.. unless the 3D movies of this year are reaaaally good . *shurgs*

jannali
February 28th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu

my sentiments exactly :(

but congrats anyway to brad bird, the incredibles was better than the other films nominated *gags at shrek 2 and shark tale*

Xinithian
February 28th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Best animated picture is silly. There's only about 3 movies out there anyways, and it's obvious as which one will win. It'll be interesting this year with all of the new animated movies to see which one wins.

Oh, and they had the tiniest picture of TLK in the very beginning...

CheshireCat
February 28th, 2005, 05:20 AM
^ I saw that. When they mentioned family. That was cute.

Sombolia
February 28th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by jannali
my sentiments exactly :(

but congrats anyway to brad bird, the incredibles was better than the other films nominated *gags at shrek 2 and shark tale*

I like Shrek 2... *shrugs* But Shark Tale..? Eurgh. :eek: It's so steortypical of movies these days :gasp:

Sombolia
February 28th, 2005, 06:37 AM
-nods- Yeah--Fairbanks is wierd. I like Homer a lot -grins- All those starfishies just a'waitin' to be poked and prodded :p

FC! *pounces* Why didn't you tell me you still posted here...? :bleen:

meh, I'll think I'll wait till 2007 to see the next acadamey awards.. unless the 3D movies of this year are reaaaally good . *shurgs*

Why, what's coming in 2007? :confused:

unregistered user
February 28th, 2005, 06:43 AM
The Incredibles and Shrek 2 were excellent. I didn't watch Shark Tale, it didn't look like an interesting movie.

Anyway, congratulations to Disney, Pixar, Brad Bird and all the cast and crew.

btw, I remembered that TLK was nominated for Best Music Score and Best Original Song. It won both of them, the courious thing was that Hakuna Matata, Circle of Life and Can You Feel the Love Tonight were all nominated in the same category (Best Original Song). The winner was CYFtLT.

King Simba
February 28th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by SomboliaTheLion
I like Shrek 2... *shrugs* But Shark Tale..? Eurgh. :eek: It's so steortypical of movies these days :gasp:
I never saw Shark Tale mostly due to the fact that one of my sisters mates said it was a waste of money seeing it...I've seen it everwhere in DVD shops.

I loved Shrek 2 though. ;)

Mushroom
February 28th, 2005, 08:45 AM

I agree, why is it dieing, I would much rather go see a 2D movie then a 3D movie. I personally didn't like The Incredibles at all so I was a bit dissappointed myself. Although Brad Bird is a great at his job none the less. I liked Shark Tales the best outta the three but not enough to give it an Oscar.

nathalie
February 28th, 2005, 09:04 AM
This topic would fit nicely in "the swamp" ... ;)

--> moved

starlioness
February 28th, 2005, 10:15 AM
the academy awards for the 2006 films. Curious George is reported to be the next 2D movie from Universal. it looked pretty good so far ..

unregistered user
February 28th, 2005, 05:13 PM
I've never seen Shark Tale (it looked really dumb), or The Incredibles (didn't have time or money). But I saw Shrek 2, thought it was pretty good personally.

*sigh* According to an article on savedisney.com, 2-d will one day return to us ^^ Hopefully..

A-non-a-mus
February 28th, 2005, 08:18 PM

yes, I like 2-D so much better than 3-D... the characters were more alive it seems... 3-D is just so... I dunno... blochy... no life to it... :confused:

anyways, a movie such as 'Advent children' would be best as a 3-D rather than 2-D or realistic due to the many effects put into it... but a 3-D cartoon?... the two don't mix... IMO

this, comming from one studying to be a 3-D animator :lol:

Mushroom
February 28th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I agree with what A-non-a-mus just said. The characters are just so much more alive and pleasing to the eye as well as background images and so forth. (Did anyone notice how how "flat" personality wise the characters in Finding Nemo were, no depth! They depending on there cutesy looks to get them through the movie, pathetic!)
Besides 3D is only what a computer can do, where as 2D includes many people working hard and really believing in the project, it's what the person can do therefore it's much more satifying to them when the project is completed, they can step back with a smile and say,
"I animated that!" and they really did animate it, they worked long and hard for about a week to get a 5 minute scene but look how much it means to them. Face it 2D is just better!

CheshireCat
February 28th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Shrek 1 and 2 were both such ugly films. Funny though... kinda. Good voice acting. Good music. I never really liked Shrek. Not too original if you think about it.

I liked Shark Tale. Took a while to get used to the look of the film but hey. The voice acting was great.. the animation was a lacking. Renders were beautiful. Character designs were disturbing. Would have been cooler with it's original title, "Sharkslayer". I may be a but bias on this one. I love Will Smith.

Incredibles was just that. Incredible. Pixar is awesome. But Brad Bird is wrong about "best studio ever." Boy was he off. Pixar has lightyears to travel before they can even consider themselves "one of the best studios." Lightyears. Pixar needs to pull their heads from out of the clounds and realize that without Disney they would be nothing. They would still be scraching out commercials and doing LucasArt's dirty work if Eisner never gave them the light of day. Good studio? Yes. Best studio ever? Hell no. Far far far from it.

LunarCat
February 28th, 2005, 10:34 PM
I also miss 2-D animation, :( 3-D is just not the same....

lion_roog
February 28th, 2005, 11:12 PM

Sharifu
February 28th, 2005, 11:22 PM
I've seen The Incredibles, Shrek 2 and Sharktale... If it's animated I go see it. I mean I'm just that much of an animation fan. :p

But 2-D animation is definitely my fav... And I miss it so much. I want some more 2-D feature films. It has so much more emotion that 3-D just can't seem to match... (Well that's what I think)

unregistered user
March 1st, 2005, 12:09 AM
I'm not too worried about it really. They made a mistake getting rid of it, and eventually they'll realize that people like 2-D animation still, and they'll make some more.

Personally, I'm waiting for Disney to get rid of Pixar, and try a 3-D movie for themselves. I'm really hoping it sucks too so they might get the idea that 2-D is more there thing.

jannali
March 1st, 2005, 02:28 AM
But 2-D animation is definitely my fav... And I miss it so much. I want some more 2-D feature films. It has so much more emotion that 3-D just can't seem to match... (Well that's what I think)

OMG exactly, with 2d its so much more emotional and it gives me personally such an awe inspiring feeling inside of me. 3d seems so fake and cold to me.

oh and did you see in the memorial video thing they showed, Frank Thomas died this year! i was so sad!!! such talent, gone :( i miss the old days of disney :tears:

CheshireCat
March 1st, 2005, 02:29 AM
Ravoc, no they won't.

You have to remember that animation is directed towards an audience of kids. Kids like 3D. Our generation has trouble letting go of 2D because we grew up with it. We were raised in the 90's... the Golden Age of Animation. As times change so does technology. We're always striving for a better way of doing things and animation is better and more realistic though computers. That's just the way it is.

Disney Feature has no plans for any traditionally animated movies for the next 8 years.

CheshireCat
March 1st, 2005, 02:33 AM
And also... Disney HAS done computer animation before. (Dinosaurs). Chicken Little comes out this summer and 4 other 3D movies are in the works right now!

There's a 50% chance that Pixar will get back together with Disney. After the split when Cars is done, Pixar will loose all their production funding. In their contract Pixar is listed as an FX house, therefore they only get a small fraction of the profits. Pixar is poor.

Sharifu
March 1st, 2005, 04:23 AM
Ah yes... Dinosaur....

Even though the plot was weak... I rather liked Dinosaur. (Not only because I love dinosaurs :lol:) I love the beautiful score and it's just that I think the animation is very very detailed and has more life to it then Pixar's style. Pixar, to me, looks like, I don't know, a more plastic like feeling to the characters? Although I do think Pixar comes up with great stories for their movies.

Originally posted by CheshireCat
Disney Feature has no plans for any traditionally animated movies for the next 8 years.

Damn, that's a long time. :(

2 Die FR
March 1st, 2005, 05:34 AM
:eek: WHAT THE---??!?
THEY CAN'T DO THAT!!!
How can Disney possibly SURVIVE doing strictly computerized animated films??? Traditional animation is their realm, their area of expertise, it's what they have been doing for 70 years, why the heck are they doing this now?...

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate so-called 3d animation for what it is, and I think Pixar's films are a triumph in every respect, but I agree with everyone here when they say that it looks cold and uninspiring and...somehow less real than the animation I know and love.

Sorry...I just had to get that out of my system.
:woeisme: I still can't believe it...

unregistered user
March 1st, 2005, 08:06 PM
Yes, I did forget about Dinosaur. Dinosaur was a BIG flop for them though, they said so themselves. BUT, that was mainly because the Discovery channel came out with Walking With Dinosaurs, using identical technology, right before Dinosaur premiered.

*long depressed sigh* Dang.. I believe I no longer like Disney at all. *looks to WB and DW for any hope*

CheshireCat
March 2nd, 2005, 02:11 AM
Did everyone forget that Disney Feature fired all their 2D animators last year? Y'all are acting so shocked that Disney has given up on 2D. XD All of the 2D units were thrown out.

Sombolia
March 2nd, 2005, 03:25 AM
Best animated picture is silly. There's only about 3 movies out there anyways, and it's obvious as which one will win. It'll be interesting this year with all of the new animated movies to see which one wins.

Agreed.

Oh, poor, poor Disney.. :woeisme: The mighty have fallen. :tears:

unregistered user
March 9th, 2005, 05:52 PM
I haven't seen The Incredibles yet, but, it looks like it's a great movie. I think buying the DVD is recommended.

;)

Suki
March 13th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Ravoc
Personally, I'm waiting for Disney to get rid of Pixar, and try a 3-D movie for themselves. I'm really hoping it sucks too so they might get the idea that 2-D is more there thing.

Actually, I believe the movie Chicken Little isn't PIXAR. It's Disney themselfs, I think. Cuz I didn't see PIXAR's name on any of the trailers...:p

EDIT: The only difference I see in 3D movies from 2D movies is that there isn't any lines in the characters. :lol: Seriously, I don't get why you all are acting nutz and like Cat Hicks said, they closed down their 2D units last summer. What's the big deal, fussing over "OMFG, 3D IS TEH SEXORS! 2D IS TEH ROXORS!!!!!!!!"? Sheesh.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/bumms/rolleye.gif *steps over on Cat's side*

Sharifu
March 13th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Oh Suki, you just don't understand the type of passion we have for 2-D animation. ;) It is very different, at least in my eyes.

Sombolia
March 14th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Actually, I believe the movie Chicken Little isn't PIXAR. It's Disney themselfs, I think. Cuz I didn't see PIXAR's name on any of the trailers...:p

EDIT: The only difference I see in 3D movies from 2D movies is that there isn't any lines in the characters. :lol: Seriously, I don't get why you all are acting nutz and like Cat Hicks said, they closed down their 2D units last summer. What's the big deal, fussing over "OMFG, 3D IS TEH SEXORS! 2D IS TEH ROXORS!!!!!!!!"? Sheesh.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/bumms/rolleye.gif *steps over on Cat's side*

I don't mind 3D too much..

But can you imagine 3D TLK...? :gasp: I mean, look at the beginning of TLKSE's menu screen.. That was just scary. :eww:

Aurelian
March 15th, 2005, 05:31 AM
*NOTE* In the interest of my health, I am requesting that sombody hold Suki and ChildOfThePride back before I make my announcement. :eek: :o

Just reminding everybody the "The Incredibles" is officially released on DVD today.

*Runs at top speed, in a vain attempt to avoid the Incredible-holics*

Sombolia
March 15th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Not today.

Tomorrow.

Sharifu
March 15th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Yes Zazu was quite ugly in 3-D. :cringe: :lol:

But if the TLK was in 3-D, they would do a better job then on it then that menu...

But I love TLK the way it it, I love it's style. I would never want to change it. It's one of the movies that really inspired me to become an animator.

nathalie
March 15th, 2005, 08:00 AM
March 23rd for Belgium and Holland.

Lion King Stu
March 15th, 2005, 08:02 AM
yeah we got the same release date as you Nathalie...I doubt I'm going to get it straight away....maybe my mum will though shes a Disney-Holic :p

Ngatuny
March 15th, 2005, 08:24 AM
It will be available this coming friday for me March 18:ayecapn: :D

Sadiki
March 15th, 2005, 09:57 AM
hehe, I have no idea when it comes out over here, probably in a month or so, but I think I won't get it... probably rent it in some point tho, but I really rarelly watch movies or specially buy those.

Sadiki
March 15th, 2005, 11:46 AM
I must say I haven't even seen The Incredibles, somehow only 3D animation movie I have liked so far is Shrek. I don't say TI will be bac experience no,but I do still like more 2D animation sinse charracters are not so... wierd looking gumface, excuse my honest opinion if someone mind.

Aurelian
March 15th, 2005, 03:21 PM
OK, that wasn't quite the reaction I was expecting. I should have clarified that I was refering to the US release date.

Originally posted by Sombolia
Not today.

Tomorrow.

When I posted this, It was 12:30AM Eastern US time. Tuesday for me, but Monday for you.

Ngatuny
March 15th, 2005, 03:25 PM
I don't mind all of your opinions and I respect them but the look of 3D animation is really dictated by the style the creator and animators give it, and for an example of what I just said look at the wildebeest stampede in TLK or look at the dinosaurs in Jurassic park both are computer animated.

nathalie
March 15th, 2005, 03:28 PM
timezones *sigh*

*lol*

ChildOfThePride
March 16th, 2005, 01:05 AM
*runs over Roq anyway* :lol:

I got it right after school.

unregistered user
March 16th, 2005, 05:00 AM
I finally seen "The Incredibles." Brad Bird is an awesome director. ;)

unregistered user
March 19th, 2005, 02:11 AM
I've had it for 2 days and I've almost watched everything on it.
It seriously is a great movie.

Sombolia
March 19th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo
OK, that wasn't quite the reaction I was expecting. I should have clarified that I was refering to the US release date.

When I posted this, It was 12:30AM Eastern US time. Tuesday for me, but Monday for you.

Sorry. :woeisme: I wasn't really thinking about that :p

Kiara Serengeti
March 19th, 2005, 11:21 PM
I got it! I got it! It's so beaautiful...and the new short, "Jack Jack Attacks" is soo funny.

Sombolia
March 20th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I positively ADORED the Incredibles! -grins and flicks tail- My favorites, tied for first, were Elastigirl and Dash! That little dude is zippy! I thought Jak Jak was pretteh funneh too, but his power was so different from his other family members that it was slightly--overdoing it. -shrugs- I still thought it was cool. ;)

*glomps for no apparent reason*

But to ontopic.. I'm getting ze DVD tomorrow. :evilgrin:

Aurelian
March 21st, 2005, 09:08 AM
Finally got to see The Incredibles. I stayed up till 4:00 in the morning just to have a chance to see it. I was anything but disapointed. In fact, this movie got somthing very rare from me. In fact, it got somthing so rare that only 2 other films got it from me, those being "The Lion King", and "Hello Dolly!"(I love musicals). That somthing is a perfect "10". I absoulutly adored The Incredibles. It was witty, deep, suspencefull, hilarious, and most importantly random. Sorry, Sonique, but you have nothing on Bob Smith! It also has one of my favorite actors, Wallace Shawn, even if he DID play the whiney boss.

My favorite character is Dash. Like me as a kid, he never stops moving. I just love the energy.

My rating: 10/10

Sombolia
March 21st, 2005, 10:45 PM
I'm watching TI right now (I got a portable DVD player! :cool: ). It's okay.. then again, I haven't really been paying attention.

I feel like voting "I hated it.." just to spite everyone. :idiot:

But I already voted :kiss:

Simba '04
March 25th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Jurassic Park rules :cheese:

ok ok ok, I finally saw the Incredibles tonight and I can't really say I liked it all that much and it was kind of annoying at some parts and especially Violet's voice, I wanted to throw something at my tv! But I guess you could say it was a "ok" movie...it did have some funny stuff in it and some adult jokes in it :idiot:, I give it a 6/10

CheshireCat
March 25th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I went though this when decidingto go into computer animation instead of traditional.

You're just having trouble letting go. You have to remember that animaion is aimed towards kids, not us. We grew up in the golden age of animation (the 90's) and right now we finally have the power to make the jump. We're making that impossible z axis a reality. Even Walt Disney said that one day "computers would replace his animators". The ultimate goal of animation is the perfect illusion of life. That's something you can't touch when limited to 2D.

And I dissagree 110% when you say that 3D is less emotional. I think they're both the same. I've learned to respect a good story no matter what the medium. If you're not getting any feeling out of the film, it's the story, not the style that is bothering you. Once again you're holding on to what you grew up with. It seems cartoons arn't the same now.

How about the scene where Marlin tells Dory he wants to go home after seeing his "dead" son in Finding Nemo? No emotion in that?

What about when Manny finds the etchings on the cave wall and is remineded of his slain family in Ice Age?

Jessie remembering her girl in Toy Story 2?

The looks in Helen's face before their jet explodes in the Incredibles? (And on Vi's as she attempts to create a forcefield.)

Another thing to be reminded of is that 3D work has been used in traditional films since before most of us were even born. The Lion King cound not have been done with out the CAPS program. Oliver & Company, Kiki's Delivery Service, The Great Mouse Rescuers Down Under, Detective, The Black Cauldron, Aladdin, Beauty and The Beast, James and the Giant Peach, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Space Jam, Hercules, Princess Mononoke, Mulan, Prince of Ejypt, Iron Giant, Tarzan, Brother Bear, Spirited Away, Spirit, Treasure Planet... the list goes on and on and back and back. All of these 2D movies were made with the help of 3D software. There are so many things that require the aid of computers. Computers are far from evil.

*edit*

Suki's right! Chicken Little (along with several other upcoming computer animated movies) are pure Disney.

The sitituation with Pixar is tricky right now. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pixar renews their contract with Disney. If that happens, worry not! Disney will still be making their own movies along side of Pixar. Now that Eisner's gone a new door of possibilities has been opened. The reason Pixar wanted to leave Disney in the first place is because of Eisner. Hopefully we'll be able to bring Steve Jobs back to the table and heal the wounds.

And Suki I love your "The only difference I see in 3D movies from 2D movies is that there isn't any lines in the characters." quote! Haha! I need to write that down. That was great. Kudos.

Mushroom
March 25th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Ok I gotta say how I personally feel about this, Cheshire Cats you are awesome in many aspects and I respect you completely but I know your gonna turn around on me on this one and just slap in the face all the time screaming, "Get with reality!!!!" ;)
First of this is more of a rant but I'm gonna say how I feel about these parts of movies, this as Cheshire Cat says, are indeed more involve in the story then in the animations itself but it's just sitting there I've gotta say something before I expload.

How about the scene where Marlin tells Dory he wants to go home after seeing his "dead" son in Finding Nemo? No emotion in that?

Nombre 1: No! There was no emotion in it at all!!! (remember these are Mushrooms views and if you don't agree I'm not gonna hurt you) ick! That movie was just baaaad! There was so many things wrong with it that I can't even begin to explain why I didn't like it! Character Development for one, where the hell did it go! Have the character were just sooo pointless! But that scene, *shudder* I felt like screaming, "Get over it Marlin! You wimp!" y'know why, cos I didn't like the character!!!!

What about when Manny finds the etchings on the cave wall and is remineded of his slain family in Ice Age?

Ok, this I'll give you, this was incredibly emotional, I nearly started crying and let me tell you it's not easy to make me cry especially in public. Beautiful.

Jessie remembering her girl in Toy Story 2?

Nice song but that's it, a little said but Jessie such an annoying character (Joan Cusack defiantly didn't help) therefore just making me feel just a tad like she deserved it. ( <Oooo harsh, aren't I)

The looks in Helen's face before their jet explodes in the Incredibles? (And on Vi's as she attempts to create a forcefield.)

*Shudder* Ooooh, I know this is a thread dedicated to it but how loathe that movie. It was worse then 'Finding Nemo' and I didn't even think that was possible. PIXARs probelm; erm, how can I put this, every single character they creat is just unlikeable! I like 'Toy Story' and 'Bug's Life' was pretty good but when I was a kid and people used to ask me who's your favourite character? I would just be like, "I don't know" because I never particularly liked any of the characters! And PIXAR have a really bad habit of throwing in really pointless characters *cough*Circus Bugs*cough*Tank Gang*cough*Frozone*cough.* Arrhhh it just irritates me!

With that all said and done, I just have to say, sorry, I just can't let go of 2D animation I just can't. And please don't go pulling out pshycological theories on me about, "Oh but it's what you grew up with etc." cos that just not how it works. Like Cheshire Cat said (I think you said something like this, I swear I just read it on your post and now I can' find it, weird) We go to see movies to get away from the real world and create our perfect world, so if we go see movies to see a perfect world then how come we try to make them more like the real world using cgi? It's like The Polar Express, it your just gonna do that animation like that with a computer then good sake just shoot a live movie! It's not worth it.
I'm not against 3D movies at all, when they are done correctly, eg. Ice Age, Robots, Dinosaur (bad story but gorgeous animation). Those are the only three movies I feel that actually needed 3D to present them as the entertaining stories that they are. And I also understand that some 2D movies need 3D elements, eg. TLK and Treasure Planet, but 3D is only used for effects, we don't need completely cgi movies for these stories.
Ok, cheesy-share-your-dreams time, I want to open up my own 2D animation studios when I'm old enough and begin to recreate what we have lost through 3D animation. And don't tell me it won't work because I believe it will, I'm very passionate about this and I believe it can happen. The difference between 2D and 3D animation to me is not just some silly outline, it's alot more then that, it's something that can't be explained with words.

Oh and,

remember that animaion is aimed towards kids
Now, this is my view on this statment and if you don't agree that's fine but that's gotta be the biggest load a bull$hit I've ever heard. Animation can be for all ages why do you think we are all here dicussing animated movies. Explain to me what South Park is, (forget quality of animation for just 2 secs) and just explain to me, and what about The Simpsons and Family Guy?

Sombolia
March 26th, 2005, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Mushroom
I felt like screaming, "Get over it Marlin! You wimp!" y'know why, cos I didn't like the character!!!!

o_O Forget for a second that's a 3D animated fish, how do you tell ANYONE to get over it when they think their son is dead? :confused: :eww:

CheshireCat
March 26th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Mushroom, of course I'm not going to "turn around on you on this one and just slap you in the face all the time screaming, 'Get with reality!!!!' " I love you too much to do that. XD

But as someone who has not only studied films but their audiences as well, there are somethings I must comment on. Not for you, but more so for other reading this who want to know what someone who "knows the busisness" would say... because truthfully I fell that if I'm wrong about your dislike of 3D affecting your story enjoyment, then you just have poor taste in cinema. (Judging by the fact that you're posting at a TLK message board, UI'm guessing/hoping that it's my first guess and not the second.)

I believe now that your "hatred" towards computer animation has overgrown so much that you are now blinded from actually taking in and enjoying the story the drives it. Kind of sad, seeing as how now that's all we have to offer you. Next time you see a computer animated movie don't look at it as eye candy. And when it's over, sit for a minuet and reflect on the story and how it works. I bet you'll start to like, and if not, respect it more.

There's no such thing as a really pointless character. Whether you realize it or not, every character in any movie, book, play, tv show or anything is there for a reason. If a character did not help to support the backbone of a story it would have been cut. And to defend you examples, the Pixar braintrust is an amazing group of storytellers and they know exactally what they are doing.

And please don't go pulling out pshycological theories on me about, "Oh but it's what you grew up with etc." cos that just not how it works.
Correction! Not how it works for you. Once again, coming from someone who had studied test audiences, the reason most people who reject 3D animation dislike it is because they (and I quote) "have trouble letting go of what they are used to and are pulling away as a result of dissapoinment once learning that traditional animation has been abandoned by most all major studios." (Thank you Mr. Roy Disney.)

Like Cheshire Cat said (I think you said something like this, I swear I just read it on your post and now I can' find it, weird) We go to see movies to get away from the real world and create our perfect world, so if we go see movies to see a perfect world then how come we try to make them more like the real world using cgi?
I didn't find anywhere in my post that I said that either. We go see movies to be entertained and pulled into a "perfect world" (or enviroment, how I would put it) that a group of people have created for us. We use our imagination to expand on that enviroment later. And once again with the real world thing... what was Windsor McKay's ultimate goal of animation? The perfect illustion of life. Films like The Polar Express and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Withen, are just present day echos of the godfather of animation's original dream.

I also understand that some 2D movies need 3D elements, eg. TLK and Treasure Planet, but 3D is only used for effects, we don't need completely cgi movies for these stories.
And we need traditional to do this... why? It's just two different mediums. That's all it is! Story drives them both... same with stop motion and live action. Before a studio even decides on how to make a movie they must first perfect a story. The way a movie is made is decided according to how to better project the story.

Now, this is my view on this statment and if you don't agree that's fine but that's gotta be the biggest load a bull$hit I've ever heard. Animation can be for all ages why do you think we are all here dicussing animated movies. Explain to me what South Park is, (forget quality of animation for just 2 secs) and just explain to me, and what about The Simpsons and Family Guy?
Let me make more clear what I was saying. Animated movies like Finding Nemo and The Lion King ARE aimed at children. Why do you think the first test audiences for TLK were 2nd graders? Why do you think more than 90% of TLK merchandise were stuffed animals, kids clothes and action figures? Same goes with most any animated feature film now adays. Yes, there is some animation out there that is aimed at teens and young adults. (And btw, SouthPark has excellent animation quallity.) And I'm not saying that we as young adults can't enjoy animation today. (****, I just bought the Spongebob Squarepants Movie on DVD yesterday.) But though you realize it or not, animation from the dawn of it's existence has attracted a larger children audience than adult audience. Studios know this. That's why stories like Finding Nemo and The Lion King are not very advanced. That's why we don't have violence and sex in most animated films. Some studios such as Dreamworks Animation SKG have just started to experiment with more adult humor but like any animation comany their primary focus is their largest audience; children.

I don't have any other way to close this up except to tell you, Mushroom, that I DO respect your opinion. Please don't think I'm going to slap you in the face. I'ma lover not a figher baby! And please understand that I too ADORE traditional animation. And the reason I'm defending 3D is not just because I'm a computer (as well as traditional, I'll have you know) animation student, but because I'm someone who looks as film not only as a type of entertainment, but as an artform.

Mushroom
March 26th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I never said I hated 3D (true it's not my favourite medium) I do enjoy some 3D animations when they are done write with lovable characters, and a great story line. That's why I enjoyed films like Shrek, Robots and Ice Age, PIXARs movies (no matter the medium) just have never appealed to me and always found there stories and character development, sloppy.

There's no such thing as a really pointless character.

Ok, you'll probably turn around with a good explanation for this but,
Jaques "4 lines" The Shrimp ring any bells, seriously he wasn't needed.

Ok, I'll give you the whole animation movies aimed a children. I must have misinterpretated, I thought you ment that ONLY children can enjoy animation films.
I do conceed to your knowledge on this ubject Cheshire Cat but all the same, I still want to make my own animation studios when I'm older, I hope that we may do some 3D animation movies but not often because I wan the main focus to be 2D, of course the first priority is to get experienced writers for the films but I feel most of the stories I have created thus far will work better in 2D, I will probably get someone doing a pitch for me one day I might go, "you know this would work better in 3D" but it's very unlikely I will say that for every film.
Like I said before I can't explain the difference, ok it's not completely the animation (heck Brother Bear was 2D and that was boring.) and I guess that if a film like Sinbad had been put completely into 3D I would have stil enjoyed it but it wouldn't have been quite the same to me, for some reason I would feel like the beauty of the film would be lost in some places. It's more of what 3D has become, no longer is it the odd film that comes out every few years with the same Disney sparkle making it extra special, no it's how it's become a way of cramming as many celebs in a possible and how they come out nearly every month, it's lost it's appeal, now 2D animation is the single diamond in the rough.

o_O Forget for a second that's a 3D animated fish, how do you tell ANYONE to get over it when they think their son is dead?
Exactly! I should have been crying my eyes out but I wasn't meaning something was very wrong!

CheshireCat
March 26th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Hey, kudos on your dream for starting your own animation studio! That's pretty cool. You'll have a long way to go before you get to that point though. Have you thought about what school you want to go to? First thing you might want to start thinking about doing is moving to America. This is ground zero for all entertainment. Everything's harder here but it will be better for you in the end. You make it here, you're set for life. Make a hit in the USA and you'll have all the other countires eating out your hands.

I'll see you in Hollywood.

Mushroom
March 27th, 2005, 10:06 AM
*Grabs case and runs for nearest airport!*

Suki
March 27th, 2005, 06:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/SukiVi/LOL.jpg
I got the DVD and took this pic. :lol:

Mushroom
March 27th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Bwahahahaha!!!

CheshireCat
March 27th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Yes! I watched that! Brad is funny as hell! He's one of my ALL TIME favorite directors. He's such an inspiration.

"Use every part of the buffalo!"

LunarCat
April 3rd, 2005, 02:25 AM
More snaps to the Incredibles! it won Favorite Movie of the year at Nickelodeon's Kid's Choice Awards! which is only the best award show ever.

Sombolia
April 3rd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Meh, couldn't even bare to watch the Kid's Choice Awards.. :P

unregistered user
April 25th, 2005, 04:52 AM
I FINALLY saw the movie. And I must say it was very good, not as good as everyone has been saying, but it was good. I liked all of the characters, I thought it was an original story with unoriginal characters. Don't get me wrong, I loved the characters, but I've seen them before ;)

I think my favorite would have to be.... that's hard to decide. Hmm.. I'll go with Violet, she was really cool =)

Storm90
April 25th, 2005, 07:19 PM
I finally saw "The Incredibles" at an old theater for $2.00. Cheap, I know..:cheese:

I absolutly adored this movie, it was so funny! I loved everything about the movie, the villians, catch phrases....:lol:

My favorite character has to be Jack-Jack.
He's so cute and I loved what he did at the end..

:lol:

King Mufasa
February 15th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Anyone seen this movie? I really enjoyed it. ONe of Pixar's best. I hope they make a sequel, they kind of set it up for one. Do you guys want a sequel and what do you think the sequel would be about?

nathalie
February 15th, 2006, 11:43 AM
As long as Pixar would make the sequel.
But now that Disney took it over ... I'm not so sure :s

I really liked the movie.
Great voices, and Jack-Jack was cute, haha

King Mufasa
February 15th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Even though Dinsey bought them, they are still kind of independant. They can choose what movies they want ot make and everything. Nothing really is changed ecept that now they are one company kind of.

nathalie
February 15th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Ow, what I actually mented was, that if it's still the same people who work there it'll be alright I guess.
Like Toy Story and Toy Story II.

If Disney puts his own people behind it, to make it ... then I'm not so sure.

Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see if it happens :)

King Mufasa
February 15th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Well i know they have Toy Story 3 planned. Disney was going to make it on its own, without Pixar, but now they are one, so Pixar might do it now.

nathalie
February 15th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I heard last week Disney cancelled those TS 3 plans.

King Mufasa
February 15th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Really? Well that's news to me. That's too bad too, i'd like to see one more of the Toy Story movies.

Noodle
February 15th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I like this movie ^^.:evilgrin:

Simbaspirit
February 15th, 2006, 10:30 PM
meh. its allright.

Mushroom
February 15th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Horrible. Very boring and just blah.

Nephilim
February 15th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Terrible, terrible. It dragged out for bloody ages, and then nothing really happened. It was like nothingnothingnothingend... oh.

Animation was horrible too. Characters were bland.

Sombolia
February 17th, 2006, 05:47 AM
I hated hated hated that movie. Ugh. Like Neph said, long and boring.

Bahati
February 17th, 2006, 06:02 AM
I enjoyed The Incredibles, but I'm a terrible movie critic. It's got to be one terrible production if I'm to deem its viewing a generally unpleasant experience.

Krypto
February 17th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Though it was a bit long, I enjoyed it. Mr. Incredible is the coolest! :cheese: It was just one of those movies that made me happy. And the animation was, ofcourse, awesome.

TakaTiger
February 17th, 2006, 11:21 PM
nooo! evil movie, they dare try to replace tradition 2d animation! i spit on you 3d animation!... well, except ice age.. that one was good >.>

Makayla
February 18th, 2006, 01:45 AM
The movie was alright.

Vidan
February 21st, 2006, 10:27 AM
There was already a thread about The Incredibles. Merged.

Krypto
February 22nd, 2006, 09:26 PM
But I was trying to get off on the next exit! Now with this kind of traffic, I'm not going to be able to get over in time. Thanks a lot, Vidan! :lol: j.k.

Vidan
February 23rd, 2006, 04:01 AM
How about I merge my ... with your ...? :thinks: ... :lol: Okay, nothing to see here, people. Move along.

Suki
March 5th, 2006, 05:29 PM
You guys are clorbag varbelnarks. :p And unworthy gremplorks. :p

Need I say just kidding?