PDA

View Full Version : Duma- new movie about a cheetah

Aurelian
March 8th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I know I mentioned this awhile back on KOPR, but never said anything about it here. A new film called Duma, starring a Cheetah in the wilds of Africa, has been announced. I don't even remember how I heard about it/found it, but I have been keeping an eye on it for months. The original release date was slated for March 04, 2005. Obviously it got held back, and caused a bit of confusion among review sites. I am now seeing dates ranging from last October straight through next year. The most consistant and safest date I can give is Spring 2005.

In the film, Duma is accidently seperated from his mother and siblings as a infant cub. He is found and raised by a young boy, Xan, in the populous South Africa. When it becomes obvious that Duma is not meant to live in the city, boy and beast must trek across the wilds of Africa to bring Duma to his real home. More info can be found at the films official site below.

DUMA - Some freindships are wilder then others! (http://www.dumamovie.com)

Ngatuny
March 9th, 2005, 01:59 AM
Thanks again for the link Roquivo!:D:cheese:

Sombolia
March 9th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Cool! :D

Zala
March 9th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the telling us about the movie. Might consider getting the DVD is it does come out. Look at the cheetah cub at the site.. so cute

=D

*Saves link*

King Simba
March 9th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Ooh, that looks great. Cheers for the link. :cheese:

unregistered user
March 9th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Cool, thanx for the link

Aurelian
March 9th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Anytime. I will keep an eye out for updates. :cheese:

JambaB
March 10th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Looks very good :wow:

jannali
March 12th, 2005, 02:02 AM
oh my effing god. i cant belive i havent heard about this before! yes now i have something to look forward to. wow a movie about a cheetah, its about time :bleen: yes so we all know what Jannali will be doing till it comes out, jumping up and down squealing!!! haha

DarkLion
March 12th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Is it just me, or do the pictures of the cheetah and the kid look badly photochopped??

HasiraKali
March 13th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Did you guys ever see that movie about the cheetah that was rescued from a zoo or something and the people that rescued it ended up teaching it to race against greyhounds? That cheetah's name was Duma. Since it means "cheetah". This movie looks pretty cool too. :) I saw the poster at the theater yesterday when I saw Phantom (>.> <.<) and at first I thought it was going to be an anthro movie. The poster kind of looks like that to me. And on the site, the cheetah cubby on the piano... yeah... totally cute! =D

nafklt
March 13th, 2005, 09:34 AM
That looks awesome!!:cool:

I also have this Disney DVD called "Cheetah" about a family that rescued a cheetah to the wild, and the cheetahs name was Dume or Duma or something...:hmm: I haven't seen it in ages...:P I'll post a pic later...:P

HasiraKali
March 25th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by nafklt

I also have this Disney DVD called "Cheetah" about a family that rescued a cheetah to the wild, and the cheetahs name was Dume or Duma or something...:hmm: I haven't seen it in ages...:P I'll post a pic later...:P

That's the one I was talking about. =D It's a pretty good one. :)

Valkiria
March 26th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Looks interesting! :D

unregistered user
March 28th, 2005, 09:05 PM

I've seen the end of that one. Looked... a bit silly.O_o

Nothing about this new movie really stands out, it will probably end up in a cry party where the boy cries his eyes out while Duma walks out on the savannah once again free. What a suprise in that case.>_-
I guess I'm to cynical and old to see child movies (except for TLK of course)!XD

Aurelian
April 2nd, 2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
Did you guys ever see that movie about the cheetah that was rescued from a zoo or something and the people that rescued it ended up teaching it to race against greyhounds? That cheetah's name was Duma. Since it means "cheetah". This movie looks pretty cool too. :) I saw the poster at the theater yesterday when I saw Phantom (>.> <.<) and at first I thought it was going to be an anthro movie. The poster kind of looks like that to me. And on the site, the cheetah cubby on the piano... yeah... totally cute! =D

Found that one browsing through a second hand movie store last week. Not enough focus on the cheetah, and too much focus on the trouble the kids are in. The cheetah doesn't even have a personality.

Suki
August 1st, 2005, 11:30 PM
I wanted to see it when I saw it in the previews today when I saw March Of The Pengiuns. I think it looks really neat, but I hope it's not like Tw Brothers. I haven't seen it and I don't plan to. I know that it's sad, so that's why.

Nala The Lion
August 2nd, 2005, 11:12 AM
thanks for the link :D although i thought it would of been a animated film myself :confused:

Aurelian
August 21st, 2005, 10:04 PM
Sadly, this film never did get a wide spread release. It is playing only in Chicago. I would expect that it will go right to video unadvertised.

Sombolia
August 21st, 2005, 10:34 PM
Only playing in Chicago? :grrr: That sucks like woah.

Bagheera
August 22nd, 2005, 12:30 AM
Unfortunatelly yes, it will be a limited release movie, then they wonder why this kind of movies are never succesful :grrr: it is available in amazon.com but no release date is anounced.

Ngatuny
November 27th, 2005, 08:00 AM
=D I got the DVD and I must say that the movie is a must see, or at least I liked it a lot.:p

To bad the movie hasn't been released in the USA on DVD yet, so I can only watch it in my computer.:alone:

Just as an after thought I have the region 4 dvd so it's a legal copy ;)

KanuTGL
November 27th, 2005, 03:04 PM
I wanna see it! =D Though I'm not entirely sure it'll ever come to Sweden :(