PDA

View Full Version : The Journey (cont. from second journey)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Kovu The Lion
August 16th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Kovujin walked over with Malaika he looked back noticing a lion was following them, he didn't know if Malaika knew about him or not

He whispered quietly "Malaika, do you know the Lion following us..?" Kovujin asked.
He took a quick glance back at the Lion. Then back at Malaika to wait for the Wise Lion's words.

Killress
August 16th, 2005, 03:07 AM
He slowly nodded. He hated trials and such. He shook his head a bit as he fluffed his mock-mane out.

" All right. I'll prove myself."

It was enough that he had bumped into a female, but now having ran into these others, well he was surely stuck in it. He just raised a brow, watching the lion protect one cub more than the others. There was probably something about him, no doubt. He wouldn't press his luck though. Merely, he'd follow.

Malaika
August 16th, 2005, 03:08 AM
Malaika let simba walk beside him with Kovujin and informed him of what had happened.

"His name is Murok. A hunter from the south. He will be traveling with us. Though I don't trust him. I also couldn't just let him go since he knows where we are headed."

Malaika looked sideways at simba.

"What do you sence in him simba?"

simbaji
August 16th, 2005, 10:34 AM
ooc: (blinks) meep! sorry about that. i wasn't getting any emails saying anyone had replied again. and duh, me wondering if things had stalled (fwaps self).

bic:
simba had nodded his head, letting Malaika knew he too was ready. Then a rustle and commotion. He stayed behind with Kovujin and Kijana as Malaika went to see what the matter was. While the older lion was out he looked back to Kijana and saw him deep in thought. He'd seen that look before. Not really as it came from himself, but he imagined that when he got into his own reflective or otherelse moods that he looked somewhat similar. He pawed a little at Kovujin with a smile then went over to his Kijana and nuzzled into him. With a quiet voice he spoke to him, asking of things that were on his mind and hoping to be able to share some of his own.

Kijana
August 16th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Kijana had watched Malaika become enveloped in even deeper shadows and had turned his attention back to the cubs for the moment. A deep emerald gaze deep in reflective thought rested upon them for several heartbeats before it was turned towards the shadows beyond. It had been a long time since he had sat with cubs to the point of practically forgetting what it was like. An experience he wasn't too sure he wanted to repeat. However, there were a few exceptions to this and one of them being present at the moment.

Another thoughtful glance resulted in a whispered sigh as his gaze drifted from one young lion to the other before finally returning into deep, reflective thought. He was entertaining the idea of disappearing into the shadows himself and once more vanishing from sight. It was something he had a habit of doing now and then which resulted in him being gone for long periods of time. His increasingly morose mood was disrputed, however, by a certain rambunctious cub.

"Ah," he said with a hint of a smile in response to Simbaji. "Just lots of things on my mind. The usual for me." He really wasn't sure what all to say, but he certainly didn't want to tell about a feeling that had risen up within him.The decisions he was coming to and the action he was considering putting into motion. But then he just gave hishead a shake, dispelling those thoughts. He was now feeling that this was a rather bad habit to be having, for his disappearances had been a way for him to distance himself from others.

In the end, it was solitude he craved, and perhaps the life of a rogue suited him best. But not now. Not when he had crossed paths with an old friend. And perhaps this time he could do things just a bit differently.

"When we have time to really relax, maybe I'll tell you a story or two," he said.

Kovu The Lion
August 16th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Kovujin smiled at Simba when he was pawing at him, he watched as he walked over and nuzzled the Older Lion Kijana, He must have really known him a lot back from where ever he came from. Kovujin sat down looking up at the Sky wondering whether or not he'll ever get to see his parents again, Then the thought of running away from Simba, Malaika and Kijana crossed his mind. If he ran away then he could spend his life searching for his Parents, But if he stayed here he would be able to stay with his two best friends and the lion he didn't really know about. He had some good times with Malaika and Simba, well not many but he loved the stories that Malaika told, and learning more about the two was very fun to Kovujin, He loved to help them out as much as he could, but being a cub. The things he could do was limited, But still he could help in every possible way that was needed. He hadnt done anything yet to help Malaika or Simba, but when the time was right, he was sure he would be needed. Kovujin overheard what Kijana said, He didn't want to but in so he kept to himself.

Wonder if he'll let me hear the story, Sounds like fun to me

IrishKiara
August 17th, 2005, 11:56 AM
OOC: OMG! I am sooo sorry that I haven't been keep up. I literally forgot about being in this thread. I will Reply ASAP. Good RP do far everyone!

simbaji
August 17th, 2005, 03:05 PM
ooc: you're not the only one who gets behind (grins). I think a whole page went by without me realizing it. Don't worry, we're all here and keeping in as we're able : )

bic:

"I can't wait!"

simba smiled as Kijana spoke of the chance to hear more later. Despite the current situation with Malaika investigating yet another presence finding itself close enough to consider a potential danger he had to smile. Few things could be better. For even in the most dire of circumstances he could look around him and see that not only was he out doing one of his favorite things - exploring - he had also found a new friend - Kovujin. And not only that, but everything was made even better by coming across Kijana once more.

The only thing he felt bad for was the fact that he couldn't easily take time to focus on any one of them as much as he'd like. Being with a group of friends was always fun in it's own right, but he also felt he could connect better one on one in many circumstances; that is when he wasn't causing trouble. To be fair he'd probably mellowed out over time, but that was most likely an inevitable outcome with taking on so many responsibilities. He'd have to work on that then. There was an indomitable spirit in him and he wasn't about to let the world of grown-ups excuse it from his life.

He was about to start bounding back and forth between Kijana and Kovujin when he remembered that, even for the much enjoyed reunion and such, that they were still in a precarious situation. Just because he was feeling playful it didn't preempt his knowing that they were in dangerous times and places. As such he smiply smiled up at Kijana then padded to gently nip at his tail tuft then sat back between him and Kovujin, wondering too if things were alright with Malaika and what lay in store as they continued their journey.

Killress
August 17th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Murok followed in near perfect silence, no real emotions upon his face. He guessed he didn't have much of a choice in following the crew of felines, the larger male demanded it in less words. Bright redorange eyes remained upon nothing in particular, hopping from grass strand to grass strand as they passed. A gentle sigh managed to escape his lips. No one spoke to him, but that was expected.

His light paws pressed into the ground, catching dirt upon them quite easily. He knew he'd have to spend forever grooming once they got to a spot where they'd stop. It didn't seem like that would happen though, not with the way that the larger male had spoken. It suddenly became apparent that they were all males. He found that quite.. amusing for whatever reason. He let his mind wander back to the only female he'd seen in his approach, that lioness that'd bumped into him quite rudely.

He almost wished she was with them, only for conversational needs.

IrishKiara
August 17th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Azaria wasn't much of a "fast" lioness. She found herself trailing off, her mind on other things. When she stopped herself from looking at this odd shape clump of dirt on the ground, she raised her head up to realize everyone was gone! She raised a brow and sniffed the air, still taking in the scent that lingered of the lion she bumped into

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!! He left without accepting my apology!!

She said as she ran in the direction of his scent. She lifted her nose in the air, inhaling deeply. she didn't mind his scent...it was pretty nice for a male. this type of behavior for her was odd for she mostly didn't like being around others of her species, but she had noticed at that moment that being an adventurer alone wasn't that fun anymore. She actually missed the company of someone being there with her, although she really wouldnt know what that was totally like.

With a sigh, she finally saw the ones from earlier in the distance. She quickened her pace and leapt through the air, pouncing Murok and sending them both rolling forward. She was now on top of him, pinning him to the ground with the largest smile on her muzzle and a brilliant sparkle in her beautiful eyes.

You never accepted my apology....

She said, not caring if the others heard or not. She raised a brow at him and then realized the others were around and probably wondering if she was attacking him. she chuckled, not letting him up though

not caution, please. I am not hurting him...only a playful nature between friends!!

OOC: WOW! she is crazy. LMAO

Malaika
August 17th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Malaika just scoffed and went about marching onward. As long at it wasn't him that was pounced it was fine. It would be the animal's last mistake.then again he had made the same mistake himself once. He looked down at simba and shivered. though he still waited an answer it was still a terifying thought that he had nearly killed the young cub so long ago. It still hurt to think of it.

Killress
August 17th, 2005, 09:17 PM
" Whoa! HEY!"

He found himself spiraling only to land square on his back, eyes wide as he panted. He furrowed his brows deeply and raised his paws to push at her chest roughly. He finally managed to free himself after she spoke of him not accepting her appology and them being friends??

" Friends? You're crazy, lioness. I don't even know who you are! How could we be friends? And what business do you have throwing me around like that? Which, by the way, was only because you caught me off guard. "

He pressed his face close to hers, looking her sharply in the eyes, those bright blues reflecting a spark of something foriegn to even himself in his orange orbs. He snorted rudely in her face, perhaps even kicking up dirt with the expulsion of air so suddenly.

" Now shut your yap. We're trying not to get caught, okay? "

He paused, looking to Malaika who was continuing onward. He shook his head and pressed past the lioness, only sparing a glance back with quiet words to follow.

" If you can be of some use to us, and if you can shut up, then you can follow. We don't need anyone drawing attention to us though."

At that, he turned back towards the others and continued onwards.

IrishKiara
August 18th, 2005, 04:02 AM
She raised a brow at him and chuckled softly as he spoke of her catching him off guard. She thought of back when she had ran into him and just looked to him with a grin

Well, it seems easy to catch you off guard. i seem to have done it more than once.

She said sarcastically, but playfully at the same time. She giggled lightly and let him up, looking him square in the eye as he snorted rudely in her face. She raised her brow once more, wondering if this was the beginning of a bright new friendship.

Yeah yeah...well, I don't know what you guys are up to, but i want in. i haven't anything else better to do.

She said quietly, not caring about the other lions that were around at the moment. She licked a piece of mahogany fur back into place and smirked at him, following behind them as he left to catch up with them

I am Azaria...

Malaika
August 18th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Malaika glared back with a scowl.

"If you don't keep it down you won't be. We're on the very edge of my failies lands now and we must keep quiet."

It had been almost 3 days since they had left yet they where only on the very edges of the lands. It would still take them another day or so before they reached their destination. They would have to travel by night from here on in. It was still early in the morning before the sun rose. Soon they would all have to seek shelter somewhere. Surely the hunter and everone else could hide there scent in this kind of situation. Still someone would have to keep point and watch for anyone.

Malaika could see the suns rays breaking the edge of the horizon and knew they should stop soon.

"We shall rest here tilll evening. The sun is coming up and we are going to travel only at night. We need some one to keep watch for the first quarter of the day then some one will releive you. If you have any problems take them up with me and I'll remedy it the best way posible."

To Malaika that could mean killing them on the spot but he would have to find a better solution than that so as not to upset anyone.

"Kijana you have first watch. I'll releive you then it will be Mukus' turn."

Malaika knew the hunters name he just wanted to get the hunters reaction.

Kovu The Lion
August 18th, 2005, 05:05 PM
(OOC: MURF!! It never told me people were posting Sorry!)
Kovujin smirked at the lion and lioness, he didn't know her but she knew him, how wierd. They almost acted like cubs, He looked back at Malaika,

"Yeah you guys, Please keep it down we don't want to get caught out here.." Kovujin said with a shiver.

Malaika and Simba sure did know a lot of people for them to be traveling alone, Maybe they had met them in the Prides that Malaika had told stories to or something of the sort.[/i]

"Okay I'll just.. Lay down right here, Do you need me to do anything for you Malaika?" Kovujin asked,

he wanted to at least help the Lion for taking him in and letting him be with him, and especially since the Lion took him in and he was already having a lot to carry around and so many burdens. He then thought, He never thanked the Lion for letting him be with him.

"Hey Malaika.. Thanks for letting me travel with you, Really means a lot to me." Kovujin said with a grin appearing on his face. He then laid down on the ground and curled up, "Wake me up when we are about to leave." Kovujin said with a yawn.

Killress
August 18th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Oh this lioness was getting him in trouble! He wasn't trying to make noise, only stiffle her noise. She introduced herself, however he refused to answer and merely followed Malaika and the others. He grumbled quietly to himself, near whispering. When he was told that they were resting, he just nodded.

" All right. Wake me when it's my turn."

He said his words quietly and turned to Azaria. He shot her a glare and then padded off a foot or two from the grouping to lay down, resting his head against a rock.

" And you. Let me sleep."

He had spat the words out, directed towards Azaria. Murok was a very single minded fellow at times. Right now he had a duty to perform later, so he needed rest. How would he ever 'prove' himself to these lions if Azaria messed it up?

Malaika
August 18th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Malaika didn't know how to react to Kovujin. He had never truely been around cubs like him before. He had seen Mufasa's and Sarabies cubs back in the Mizaati Mara but they were still pretty young.

Malaika just curled up near-by still awake enough to notice anything suspicious.

IrishKiara
August 18th, 2005, 05:52 PM
She looked up at the others and tilted her head thoughtfully to the side. She hadn't made THAT much noise has she? Oh well if she did. she didn't understand why they were being so sneaky anyway. She scoffed silently and then continued to follow until Malaika stopped and told them that they were resting here.

good....

She said quietly, nodding towards the lion, who obviously didn't like her. she pawed at the mahogany fur at her ribs and then looked around for a moment, trying to see where she was going to sleep until her shift. she gazed around with crystal blue eyes, which glittered mysteriously and then started to pad off to a nice patch of tall, thick grass right next to a large rock.

But as she headed that way, she noticed Murok shooting her an evil glare, indicating that he disliked her more than Malaika did. She raised a brow. she needed to learn her social skills obviously. She has never been so disliked, although, she hasn't been around others that often either since she has been traveling.

With a soft sigh, she stuck her tongue out at Murok and then walked over to her spot in the grass, settling down in it. she stretched out her paws and then began to lick her fur to try and clean herself up a bit

Kijana
August 18th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Kijana flicked his emerald gaze from one individual to the next, somewhat uneasy at the size of the group. He hadn't been around this many in years and it was something he was no longer used to. For the past few months he had the company of one, and sometimes two, others. And he had to admit that wandering about with no specific place to call home had its appeal. However, there were also the drawbacks, but that was the case with pretty much anything in life, wasn't it? Pros and cons...

Sometimes he felt he was a little bit unusual for a lion. The alluring embrace of solitude had seduced him away from the few friendships he had held. He had felt himself growing ever distant from those around him with only a few meager tendrils to connect him to others. And this current circumstance was rapidly growing into something not of his liking.

He looked to Malaika after they had paused in their journey to rest for a few hours and gave a nod of acknowledgement. So he moved off a few paces and took up his position as sentry for the first shift, focusing all his senses on the area 'round about the group. Now this group had grown into quite a menagerie, hadn't it? No, not much to his liking at all, but he might as well help out since he crossed paths with him. And there was also Simbaji to consider.

Killress
August 18th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Murok had fallen into slumber somewhat quickly. He hadn't thought much about what was going on, there was too much happening for him to be concerned with at the moment. His dreams were filled with absolutely nohting, for this time he slept and enjoyed the silence that it brought him. Too many other lions around when he was awake, they seemed to further point out to him the flaws of his parents. Why did his father have to be a tiger? He rolled over onto his back in his sleep and just rest there, head agianst that rock still.

IrishKiara
August 18th, 2005, 08:30 PM
She yawned and looked at her fur, finally satified with the cleanliness of it. she beamed happily, looking around at everyone else. Her eyes fell upon Murok for a moment, grinning slightly as she admired him sleeping. the tigon seemed so much more nicer when he slept. to bad she couldn't experience niceness for once this evening. She has had nothing but ill glares since she encountered these lions. She sighed and rested her head on her paws, staring out absentmindedly

simbaji
August 18th, 2005, 08:40 PM
simba was not immune to the uneasy atmoshpere that was taking up air around them. Malaika seemed so much more abrupt and cold than he recalled him normally being. So many things seemed to no longer hold the place they once did and he certainly didn't like feeling that if anyone made a wrong move they'd be killed. It was true that in times of war or close that a certain sense of rigidity had to be maintained. Better that than be caught off guard by a potential enemy due to an excess of levity.

This was also perhaps another of the reasons that Malaika had never wanted him to come along when the older lion was traveling into situations were combat and confrontation were possible. The way Malaika acted and spoke was markedly different from what he was used to. In any event they were all here and, just as everyone else, he'd help not make things worse, keep the status quo.

As he layed down he stratched a little, this way and that, to help make his "bed" more comfortable. At least it wasn't storming at the moment. A downpour would leave the lot of them soaked and muddied with little place for shelter. There were clouds in the air, but they weren't the storm kind that he could tell. The fare would be mild warmth from the season's time. He let his gaze drop from the skies over to Kijana, who was standing guard. He knew how little his friend disliked large groups and even felt mildly guilty for his staying for the time being. But he was greatful.

The light reflected off of the amber-lion's pelt and held his gaze. He traced the lines and random shimmerings of that light from Kijana's side to his mane and then finally his eyes. As far as he could tell, Kijana hadn't quite caught him looking. He wanted to say thanks. Wanted to say goodnight even. But those thoughts alone were what tucked the young cub into a deep sleep. He didn't even wonder what dreams might find him. This time it would be the dreams themselves who would wonder and greet the cub.

MehndiX
August 18th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Lap, Lap went the cool water that satisfied his thirst. He was now ready to continue his search. He turned his gaze toward the distance, and the way that the scents had been drifting. He was tired of wondering if it was all just a game his mind was going to play on him. One paw in front of the other he followed his nose. He travelled on until the smell became strong and no longer did he doubt that it was real. There perched and watching he caught sight of a lion. Feirefiz was still unsure of who was there and if there was a danger.

He lowered his frame to the ground and slowly crept through high grass. He put his head down low near his paws as he stopped. His blue eyes grew wide as he looked on.

It couldn't be or could it.

He wanted to leap forwad and run to the familiar face but what if he was wrong. Feirefiz laid there flooded with the past, his eyes growing glassy. All he could do was just lay there and look in disbelief.

Soon, I will wake and it will have all been a dream...all these years, just a dream...he thought.

Malaika
August 19th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Malaika laid thinking about what was to come. Would they be attacked still or would they be able to get what they need in his parents cave before going north to the valley pridelands. Even he had never been there before.

Something didn't feel right. Where they being followed? Malaika looked slowly above the tallgrass and over at Kijana. Something didn't even smell right. Quietly he padded over to Kijana and whispered.

"Do you sence anything?"

Kijana
August 19th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Kijana's dark emerald orbs flowed over the sea of tall grasses, all his senses focusing on the perimeter around their little encampment. Now and then he would move on to another position and pause for a few heartbeats, looking about him as he wandered to and fro within their circle of safety. At one point he paused for quite some time and remained standing there, scanning the panorama before him, shifting his attention only slightly.

A frown marred his features as he focused on a portion of the tall grasses, practically swearing that something was out there. The uneasiness he felt certainly didn't help him any. And for the most absurd of moments he felt like a young cub again, jumping at shadows in the dark. As a small, acute shiver raced along his spine he gave his head a shake and peered in another direction.

However, he was drawn back to that one general local and again he frowned. From his peripheral vision he took note of an approach and turned his head to have a look. It was just Malaika, probably coming up to see how things were going. And his guess was confirmed by the other lion's words.

"A lot of things, around this place." He gave a nod with his head in the direction that had kept crying out for his attention. "I've been very interested in that spot over there. I can't say what it is, but I wouldn't want to leave it unobserved for too long."

unregistered user
August 20th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Is it alrighty if I pop in as Mieaka?

Malaika
August 20th, 2005, 08:00 PM
"I'll go and check it out?"

Malaika hope it wasn't what he feared most but he needed to know. As he moved off in a different direction of the spot he thought of what it could be. But knew whatever it was would not want to see him.

(ooc: At this time if anyone out there wants to play a small part as one of the evil rouges in this area I would appreciate it as we are in need of real bad guys. The story line winds up taking everyone to Kilimanjaro where they find out about the Rogue's shadow, the leader of the rogue's I won't mention his name here as no one in the party ever learns his name untill way later in the story line. But please we need some one to be bad that is willing to die. lol)

MehndiX
August 20th, 2005, 09:16 PM
He lay low in the grass as he realized he'd been spotted. Panic gripped him and he lay his ears back, trying harder to conceal his body. The early morning light had helped to hide himself. He wasn't generally very good at hiding due to his fur colour and had to hunt only when the light was right.

He didn't know whether he should get up and introduce himself or stay hidden.

This was a problem, he thought too much about situations, never act rashly or rush into things.

He saw a lion coming closer as the other lion he thought he knew remain sitting and watching. His eyes grew wide and he wanted to yell out that he meant them no harm, but he could not bring himself to speak. Something gripped him deep down. Maybe it was the energy that surrounded the approaching lion. An air of power or menace. He didn't know which.

He just lay there and waited not knowing what else to do.

What is wrong with me. He asked himself quietly

Malaika
August 21st, 2005, 01:39 AM
Malaika's ears perked. He couln't hear anything out of the ordinary but some one was there for certin. With a deep breath he crouched down where he stood and opened his mind to the earth. The earth whispered a sweet luliby to him informing him that whoever it was wasn't bad yet the land was also rampant about something else. Some one else near-by but from where he couldn't tell. how far away he couldn't tell either but he would still risk himself to call out to the other in the distance.

As he broke his concentration he sat up on his hanches and called.

"Sijambo friend. I mean you no harm but please show yourself. I know this land and it has been overrun by the rogues. My name is..."

Malaika didn't get a chance to finish his sentance as he was attacked from behind by one of the rogues.

With the power of many lions he was able to shake off the preadtor who now stood before him ready to attack again. Which he did. Malaika, on his back, tried to force the rogue off again.

IrishKiara
August 21st, 2005, 04:28 AM
Azaria could hear disturbance in the distance and jumped to her black pawas quickly, her bright blues searching the area, wondering what was going on. that is when she spotted Maliaka on his back being attacked by a rogue. She growled, it wasnt long ago she was attacked like this, and usually there were more around than just one. Her ears perked up, homing in on any extra sound.

This cant wait!

She shouted as she ran towards Maliaka, her claws unsheathed and pounced upon the back of his attacker, digging the razor sharp claws into his back muscles. she roared and managed to get the rogue off of Maliaka and towards her. When she noticed that the Rogue didn't move for a few moment, stunned at what hit him, she was attacked from behind by another rogue. She cursed herself for being so unprepared and roared as she slashed at the enemy lion, trying to cut at his cheeks and eyes. she bared her teeth at him and caught a claw to the face, knocking her on her side this time, but she got up quickly to continue to fight, her stripe on her left cheek bleed and dripping on the earth

Malaika
August 21st, 2005, 05:53 AM
Malaika was back on his paws taking on a couple of other rouges. One had its head pinned neneith his Masive paw as the other one tried to clamp his muzzle around Malaika's throat. With a shift of his weaight he cracked the jaw of the one under his paw and threw the other one into an oncoming third. Quickly he yelled out.

"We're under attack. Kijana get every one away NOW!"

Malaika was jumped by another lion who jumped to high and landed a few feet away. Malaika leapt at him and dug his claws deep into his chest and shoulders

Kovu The Lion
August 21st, 2005, 06:20 AM
Kovujin heard someone yell and he jerked out of his sleep, he looked around and saw in the distance Malaika fighting a couple of Rogue Lions, He didn't know what to do, He just sat there staring, he was frozen in fear at the thought of him losing Malaika as a friend. He didn't know if Malaika would be able to take them on at once, his Mind was telling him to run over and help him, but his body wasnt doing anything.

He looked around frantically trying to find someone who could help Malaika, Then he saw The Lioness that had pinned the Lion that they meet down, She was fighting the Rogues too. He thought for a second maybe they could handle them, Then Malaika told Kijani to get them out of there, He looked over to Simba, He wanted to yell for him to wake up but he couldnt speak either, his body wasnt letting him do anything, he just hoped the Lions wouldnt come over to where he was with Simba.

Kijana
August 21st, 2005, 04:35 PM
One moment it seemed that everything around him had inhaled a deep breath and held it as if in anticipation. Kijana's own body tensed as if his musculature was being pulled in with that breath. And in the following moment it was as if all hell had broken loose. The air 'round about was thrown into a fury as the land exhaled and its pent-up energy was finally released.

When he heard Malaika's shout, Kijana only hesitated for a heartbeat. He then wheeled around and ran back towards the young ones, throwing his words at Kovujin, "Move! Now! Away!" And he then scooped up Simbaji by the scruff of his neck and gave Kovujin a gentle, but firm push forward all in one fluid motion.

He had a thought of seeing them to safety and of finding a hidden place for them to ride out the battle and then leaping into the fray. But there might not be enough time and he knew how quickly a fight could end. Still, he could at least try.

Kovu The Lion
August 21st, 2005, 05:03 PM
Kovujin saw Kijana running forwards towards him, almost like he was about to tackle him down, but he stopped and told him to move, He studdered, uh oh, that can't be good,

"I-I Okay I'm going!" Kovujin said as he the Lion pushed him with a paw, He started running furiously trying to Keep up with Kijana, "You can't run that fast with me, I'm only a cub!" Kovujin said looking back over his shoulder at Malaika and the others, He didn't want to leave them but he had no choice but to leave.

he looked back forward in the way his body was facing, the wind blowing straight into his face was slowing him down a little bit, almost as if it was trying to push him back to where Malaika was,

Stupid wind, Go away, I'm trying to run for my life here.

MehndiX
August 21st, 2005, 05:56 PM
(ooc: How many of them are there?)

He stood up from the grass he was hiding in, in time to see the lion that was speaking to him get thrown to the ground.

He laid his ears back against his head and was over come with the need to enter the fight. Maybe it was a chance to make up all those times he had failed in the past. Failing was not an option at this point.

He pushed his mass from where it sat dirt kicked up, and a stern look on his face as he ran to aid the attacked lion.

Malaika
August 22nd, 2005, 01:15 AM
(ooc: 6 or 7. but 5 left.)

Malaika shifted his weight and threw the rogue he had dug his claws into. The rogue landed with a thud and tried to get back up but couldn't he just watched as the world fadded to black.

After Malaika had thrown the lion the four that weren't fighting anyone pinned Malaika and began clawing away at him. Malaika roared in pain as he felt life try to slip away from him.

simbaji
August 22nd, 2005, 01:54 AM
He watched as the images flew by faster than he could hold onto them. He thought he could recoginize someone but just as he thought he did the image changed to that of another. He couldn't remember more than trying desperately to get to any of them, to talk with them. If only he could. simba didn't know wether it was panic or annoyance but it made hjim fight all the harder to and reach at least one of the people he saw. All he knew was that they were familiar. Why wouldn't they stay?

That thought and the dream he was in were wisked away as abruptly as the changes in the dream itself had been. He heard a lot of shouting. Even thought he heard Kovujin's voice. But what was going on? He wanted to ask but he couldn't. He was laying limp, instinctively, in someone's maw. It was Kijana. That much he was able to gather, but nothing more. The only thing he could see was the ground moving swiftly below him and once in a while Kovujin.

Kijana
August 22nd, 2005, 02:18 AM
Kijana gave Kovujin a glance now and then to make sure he was still running alongside him, or nearly so. He had slackened his pace, but not by very much, so that the younger lion could keep pace with him. All the while he searched around for a place where he could safely deposit the cub he was carrying. Part of him really wanted to turn back and help in dispersing the rogues, but he knew that his most important priority was to get Simbaji and Kovujin as far away from the fight as possible.

At last he came upon a spot where he felt comfortable enough to slow his pace and then pause to look back. He could still hear the din of battle and caught glimpses of the combatants. A maelstrom of leonine bodies striking and clawing at one another. He hadn't seen anything like this in years, in which the death of three family members had taken place.

Lowering his muzzle, he set Simbaji on the ground and then looked over to Kovujin to see how he had held up.

Kovu The Lion
August 22nd, 2005, 02:37 AM
Kovujin came running up panting, He hadnt ran like this in quite a while, He did not think he could keep up with him, if the Emotion of Fear wasnt driving him to push himself to run faster and harder, he would have collapsed back behind them somewhere.

Kovujin flopped to the ground beside Kijana and started gasping for breath, his heart beating a mile a minute,
"We.. Got.. Away" Kovujin said looking up to Kijana, He got up and sat down on his hind legs still breathing heavily.

"What are.. You going to do.. now?" Kovujin said between breaths,

He looked back at Simbaji, he seemed to be deep in thought, he was wondering about something, and Kovujin knew what he was thinking about, he was probably thinking about what was happening, Anyone would, its instinct to wonder whats going on, And he was also probably thinking about Malaika, seeing that was one of his best friends in this large world that they lived in

simbaji
August 22nd, 2005, 02:40 AM
He felt the cold earth being pressed back against his paws as he was set down. Finally he was able to look around and see at least a little of what was going on. His size kept him from catching the most of things, but he saw Kijana and Kovujin. He wanted to ask what was going on and would, but decided to wait a moment. It was clear that something bad was happening and he didn't want to distract from the concentration that was apparent and probably neccessary. And Malaika, where is he?

Kijana
August 22nd, 2005, 03:08 AM
Kijana stretched his neck as far as it would go as he peered intently in the direction from which they had come. He wanted to keep track of all the antagonists in the fray, wanting to know what their positions were. But unfortunately he didn't take the time to make a count and more could have attacked after he and the cubs had retreated. He just didn't want any one of them to decide to pursue him.

"Not much at the moment," he sighed as he answered Kovujin's question. "I just need to keep you two out of the fray." He looked over to Kovujin and then glanced to Simbaji. He didn't want to say what was on his mind. Basically wanting to go back, but he had Kovujin and Simbaji to consider and he flicked a glance around their small perimeter. Hopefully all this will be over soon. He still didn't like the feel of this place and it was making him nervous.

Kovu The Lion
August 22nd, 2005, 03:15 AM
Kovujin shivered, "I'll stay out of it, believe you me, I'm not the one that likes to fight. To young" Kovujin said with a smirk,

He started breathing normally again, and his heart started to beat regularly. The thought of Malaika kept running through his head, many thoughts came actually, but all of them were related to Malaika, He had heard Malaika yell, and it wasnt a battle cry, it was a cry of a warrior falling, but He didn't know if he was okay or not, he couldnt only wish for the best right now.

There was nothing he could do about the situation. He wished right now he was older so he could help Malaika fight off the Rogues, He let out a sigh and looked down at the ground he was very sad, He didn't feel like losing another person that was important in his life. With his family Dropping him out and leaving him he didn't know if he could take losing another good friend.

Killress
August 22nd, 2005, 12:20 PM
[ Gah. It wasn't emailing me to tell me that there were posts on here x(]

Murok was very much a heavy sleeper, he'd eventually moved off into the bushes before anything had happened, and fallen into a slumber that was very near unbreakable unless by his own choice. However, someone disturbed him. In the process of the rogues attacking, one of them had stepped on his tail. He didn't shriek or yell or growl or anything, he just snapped awake, turning his head from his position to watch the attack ensue. He saw Malaika get attacked, and Azaria as well.

A vicious snarl broke free of his mouth as he lept from the hidden spot he'd been sleeping in. He found himself quickly drawn to the four attacking Malaika. This would be his point of proving himself, he felt it deep within him. Something else clicked within him. He latched claws quickly onto the sholders of one of the rogues, ripping it off of Malaika and slamming it against a tree with one quick toss. He paused for half a second only to contemplate where that had come from.

His parents had finally come in handy. He'd inherited thier inate ability to fight near flawlessly, both his mother and father had been excellent fighters- yet they fought for evil. Killers. Murok was fighting for the sake of his 'friends', even if he didn't truely consider them that just yet. His throat emitted another roar as one of the rogues had turned on him, ripping claws into his neck. He hadn't a thick mane of any kind to keep his tender neck safe. Blood spilled from him, but he didn't stop. He pounced the cat, tossing them both into a spin before Murok landed beneath, however that didn't stop him, he stretched his neck up, grasping teeth into the other's neck, ripping down quickly. That would be the end of him. Murok was covered in both his own blood and now that of the rogue who's throat he'd just ripped out.

He slowly stood, shaking thoroughly, but he couldn't stop. He wouldn't stop until either they were all dead or he was.

Malaika
August 22nd, 2005, 01:18 PM
Malaika was free enough to slash at one of the two remaining lions that were attacking him. Fatige was begining to find its way to Malaika even though he didn't want to stop. After he finished dispatching one of rogues he fell over watching the world slowly fade away.

His breathing slowed slightly. The world grew silent yet not that of death. The pain he felt became more and more driving him into unconsiousness.

Killress
August 22nd, 2005, 01:26 PM
So that left two. Murok wasn't sure if Azaria could handle the one she had, but Murok knew what he had to do. The bleeding had begun to slow, but he'd lost so much already. With a low growl, all he could muster, he lept at the rogue that had begun towards the fallen Malaika. Just as the rogue lept for a blow to the older lion, Murok threw it to the ground and landed atop.

" Enjoy the taste of my blood, it'll be the last thing you'll ever taste."

He snarled the words out as his claws dug into the lion's sides, he dipped his head down swiftly and closed teeth around the feline's neck. He had a thing for ripping out necks, it would seem. Little did he know that that same 'thing' went back in his family a generation. His mother went in for precise kills. So did he. He bit at just the right angle from the side to disable the rogue's spine. He hissed lowly after the thing fell limp in his jaw, a moment or two later. He slowly stood up, spitting out blood as he turned towards Azaria.

MehndiX
August 22nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
Quickly he ran to aid in the fight. He threw his weight into a lion who was on top of Malaika. Pressing his miss matched claws deeply into the side of the attacker. Shoving him to the side. The one Feirefiz had shoved away, stood there, baring his teeth and sizing his new target up. Feirefiz stood his ground and watched, waiting for the first leap. It came. Claws out and staight at his face. Feirefiz was knocked to the ground. He hadn't been able to act fast enough. The cuts on his face ached and burned and his world had gone flat.

He pulled himself up. Not fully seeing where his fight partner was at. He looked around trying not to show his panic. He was set upon from the side once more. This time the assailant came from the side and held him to the ground. Feirefiz bared his fangs and dug them deeply into the leg while pushing the attacker up with his claws pushed deeply into the chest. His last efforts to free himself from the ground, he kicked at him with his back legs, claws out leaving running cuts down his belly.

This afforded Feirefiz a chance to get up, and satisfy himself on his legs.

Angered and not yet worn the two continued to fight, until Feirefiz in a final rush of adrenaline, he pinned his chosen fighter to the ground and held him there. He'd save the questions for the one, he thought was leading the attacked pride, to ask.

IrishKiara
August 22nd, 2005, 03:28 PM
She growled loudly, her fangs bared at a rogue that was circling her. She had taken down the previous one, but unfprtunately, the beast got a slash in on her forehead, the blood seaping into her Mahogany fur and started to run into her left eye. She caught a glimpse of Murok taking down several lions rather viciously, and then noticed Maliaka down for the count. She narrowed her eyes, only able to see through one.

You're mine!

She shouted as she charged, her tail lashing back and forth as she went in for the kill. She was determined to stay alive and move on. With claws unsheathed, she leapt at the beast and wrapped her jaws around his neck the best she could. She tugged and pulled, blood seaping into her mouth. She brought the lion down miraculously(sp) and spit out the blood in her mouth, growling still at the rogue. He didn't get up so she smirked and looked to Murok

Are you alright?

She said huffing a little bit.

Killress
August 22nd, 2005, 06:24 PM
Murok was a bit surprised to see her able to take down that rogue, for a while he thought that perhaps she was just a rather useless being. He furrowed his brows lightly though, when he heard one more rogue still making noise, however it sounded like restrained noise. He turned around, eyeing the black and white stranger, obiously this stranger was not one of the vicious rogues, not towards them at least. Still rather shakey and near passing out, he turned towards the male and huffed.

" Go ahead, slit him open and teach him a lesson."

His voice was hoarse, rough and worn sounding, hopefully that'd heal up in time, though the cuts to his throat may have affected his vocal cords. Nevertheless, he'd shed plenty of blood today, and not only his own. He sighed gently as he looked back to Malaika. He began towards the lion, only to come to fall upon his side but a foot or two away from Malaika. Darkness fell upon him, but of course not of death, just peace for the time. When he fell unconcious, it seemed as if all his physical pain left him and he was in a lull of slumber for the time.

MehndiX
August 22nd, 2005, 06:59 PM
he continued to hold his prisoner down. With all the fighting, it seemed to have tired him out enough for Feirefiz to keep him on the ground. He looked up at the liger. He then looked down at the one whos face was pressed into the dirt.

He had never really killed a rival before unless he knew why he was a rival to begin with. Killing an unknown seemed to him, counterproductive, though he could understand the ligers hate.

If I kill him...we may never know who they were nor why they tried to kill you and your pride. Feirefiz said somewhat confused over the whole matter, looking up from the ground.

He had hoped that no one else would show up. But at the same time wondered where had the lion he thought he recognize run off to.

The lion beneach him shifted his weight and Feirefiz pushed him back down, growling from deep within his throat. He wasn't one to kill but he also was not one to push around.

All he wished to do at that point however was to run to a cool lake and bathe his face. Remove the drying blood that had matted in his fur, pulling the strands. He realized at this point things were off to some degree. He'd recieved his first blow to his face. He wished soon he would be able to open his left eye again soon and that no damage had been done.

He slowly scanned the horizon, looking for the rest of the group, wanting to call them he dared not, in case there were more rogues out there.

Please...someone get help..., he said in a quiet tone, not knowing to who but to anyone who would hear. Two were down and he feared they may need help.

IrishKiara
August 22nd, 2005, 08:28 PM
she sighed lightly and spat more blood onto the ground. She wrinkled her nose, hating the taste of her own blood and looked to Murok, raising a brow. she noticed him swaying and ran over to nearly catch him, but was off a half second or so. she leaned down next to him, prodding him lightly

hey now...don't pass out..

She said, raising a brow once more. She smiled lightly and then laid down next to him and started to clean him up. it was the least she could do for the poor fellow.

Kovu The Lion
August 22nd, 2005, 10:10 PM
Kovujin looked up to Kijana, He couldnt hear the roars and screams of Fighting anymore, He wondered if it had all stopped, he thought for a moment it had but you could never be to sure. Did Malaika and the others get rid of the Rogues, or did the Rogues over throw them and they win. He didn't know anything about it but he had a bad feeling in him telling him they needed help either way. He looked back to where he had origionally heard the fighting, he couldnt see anyone or anything because they were so far away. He turned his head back to look up to Kijana.

"Kijana, Do you think they need our help in fighting? Or if its already over do you think they need us to help them with something at all, I have a bad feeling about whats going on right now" Kovujin asked.

Kovujin turned his head to the left trying to stare off even more in the distance from where all the fighting had occured. A frown appeared on his face.

Please be safe Malaika, and the others too. Stay safe you guys.

Malaika
August 23rd, 2005, 05:31 AM
'You must not give up!'
'What?'
'Your not dead, so don't worry.'
'who are you?'
'I am all that you see and hear. At least you can hear me when you concentrate.'
'What's happening?'
'While you rest the earth will heal not only you but those who are with you. Do not worry for we shall do it painlessly. It will take time but it won't be like last time.'
'What do you mean it won't be like last time?'
'Just relax you still have a long journey ahead of you.'

Malaika couldn't move. Every inch of his body felt like it was being hit with needles. Though he tried desperatly to yell out in agitation he could not use his voice.

Malaika
August 28th, 2005, 02:50 AM
(ooc: whos turn is it?)

Killress
August 28th, 2005, 02:53 AM
[ Erm.. I'm not sure :o I know that Murok is passed out, even if the earth has healed him, he's still unconcious. :o]

Kovu The Lion
August 28th, 2005, 02:55 AM
(uh I don't really know, I don't think I can post to anything you posted about Malaika, I think its Kijana's turn.. Seeing I posted about something related to him)

Malaika
August 28th, 2005, 03:12 AM
(ooc: I can't continue untill some one else does.)

Kovu The Lion
August 28th, 2005, 03:13 AM
(ooc: Murf, I think Kijani should Post, or someone, I would but I have NO CLUE of what the heck to post about.. *laughs a little* and I don't think my character can respond to your post Malaika :\)

Kijana
August 28th, 2005, 04:55 AM
((OOC: ::flings himself back in:: Eh... I had to contend with writer's block... whenever I did come on. ))

Kijana's whole body had remained tense during the skirmish, his teeth practically clenched together as he had his own battle to fight, within himself. He thought he had won over the need to return to the site of conflict and to remain with Simba and Kovujin, but now once again he was feeling the need to surge ahead. The urge to leap into the fray just wasn't going to go away, was it?

His attenion pulled itself back to Kovujin and as he was speaking he mulled over in his mind a final decision. Giving a decisive shake of his head while looking back the way they had come, he then responded. "I'm going back to see what's happened." Turning to look back at Kovujin, he said, "Watch out for Simba. I don't intend on being gone long. Just enough to see what the outcome has been.

"You think you can keep Simba safe?"

Kovu The Lion
August 28th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Kovujin looked up at Kijana, He seemed to be trusting him, that was something no one had ever done,

"Gotcha, I wont let him out of my sights, He'll be safe with me" Kovujin said with a stern look, "Go ahead, Go see what Happened, I'm getting more and more worried by the second." Kovujin replied turning his head back in the direction where the fight had broke out.

Lets just hope everythings going to be okay.

Kijana
August 28th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Giving a nod, as well as a small smile, to Kovujin, he turned and tossed himself forward, going back the way they had come. The grasses parted with barely a whisper as he wove his way through them, pausing now and then in hopes of capturing a sound. Would he end up finding cooling corpses or merely the unconscious? Hopefully, if Malaika had borne through all this, he would be among the latter.

(( OOC: Bah... a rather sucky night... short posts... ))

simbaji
August 28th, 2005, 05:04 AM
simba watched as events unfolded and was quite restless himself. But he also shared Kovujin's sentiment - too an extent. What could he do? Granted he'd been involved in his share of fights and probably none too safely. Still, now was not the time to try and prove himself. There were plenty of adults around and the last thing he wanted to was to be under paw when they were trying to handle things themselves.

He looked to Kovujin as Kijana's question was asked. He only gave a slight nod to the other cub to signal that they'd be ok then turned to look at Kijana once more. He could tell his friend was restless and didn't want to keep him from helping the others, especially if it were something he knew he had to do.

"We'll be ok. Hurry and see what you can do."

Malaika
August 28th, 2005, 08:12 PM
The scar on Malaika's head hurt as he woke slowly in the morning sun. he looked around yet something seemed to be wrong. He was already outside his parents cave. He didn't realise he was still unconsious. Yet it felt real to him.

From with-in the cave came a voice. He recognized the voice and saddened him. It was the sound of his mother. He knew she was dead but he could still hear her voice. Was he dead. No the pain wouldn't be there if it was. Then where was he?

Malaika laid upon the ground shaking covered in sweat. Though the wounds had healed the best they could there was somethings they could not heal. The claws of one of the lions had had poison on it.

Kovu The Lion
August 30th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Kovujin smirked, "I can take care of the little guy" Kovujin said putting his paw around Simba's back pulling him close to him and smiling, even though Simbaji was bigger, and older than him.

"Don't worry about a thing, Go on help them out, They need your help... I can feel something.. Just isn't right Kijana" Kovujin said worriedly.

He turned his attention back to Simbaji, He wondered if he felt it too, the same feeling he was having, the feeling that something bad had happened, or something bad was about to happen, then he just wondered if it was himself and his nonsense about thinking for the worst all the time. he shook his head trying to get the thoughts out of his mind

'Everyone will be okay... They have to be' Kovujin thought to himself

Malaika
September 1st, 2005, 06:18 PM
Malaika entered the cave slowly his mothers voice sounding distorted soon it was replaced with the voice of his father which also faded into his uncles voice. As he drew to the back of the cave he stopped and let his eyes adjust to the darkness. The voices faded slowly away as he looked about untill his eye fell upon the outline of a mandrill.

"Welcome my child. I was expecting you to be here sooner. Time is of the essence." She spoke.

"Who are you?"

"Now is not the time for triviality. No you are not dead, not yet any way. Your friends are trying to save you while you remain here. You have been forced into dream scape since you have not come to visit for yourself. What you saw in the dream was in fact a vision. The events you witnessed was, shall we say, a link between you and the leader of the rogues. Some one who's same blood line runs through your vane's."

"But who..."

That is a question I can not answer. You must find that out for yourself. Forget coming here to your families cave. To the north is pride valley you must past through there into your families true land and origon. There you will find what you seek. Be carefull though he will now be watching everything you do. He will kill you when he see's fit."

Malaika's breathing as he laid upon the earth slowed yet he still shivered as though cold. Only one animal could help him now. The only one of the group who knew about the healing herb of the savannah.

Simbaji

simbaji
September 6th, 2005, 05:05 PM
simba couldn't hear the cries of battle any longer and grew more concerned. Just because he didn't hear anything didn't mean that nothing was happening. And besides, if nothing was happening then that meant one of only two things; either Malaika and the others had won, or they had failed. He didn't know why there wasn't any word but he was becoming anxious. Maybe Kijana would find out.

Malaika
September 20th, 2005, 04:37 AM
(um is anyone going to continue? I know school is in but its been a couple weeks now.i've been working on the book and it would feel weird to get to this point in the book and just stop and wait for everyone)

Kovu The Lion
September 22nd, 2005, 08:34 PM
((ooc: Oops :| for the longest time I had no clue what to post >.>! Sorry Malaika I'm like, Confuzzled lol, Have no clue.. On what to post about so this post might seem, Stupid lol xD I think its Kijana's turn.. Or it could be mine.. I'm not sure.. lol.....))

Kovujin turned his head to the right to look at Simba, he seemed to be staring off in the distance from where the fight had origionated from, His ears went flat on his head and sighed, He didn't know what to do, even if there was something to do he probably couldnt do it, His age, was one thing he hated about himself, He wished he was more grown up and older, that way if anything were to happen he could help protect his friends and atleast offer some natural abilities he had to his friends.

He inhaled the wind that blew in his face now and smiled a bit, Hoping for the best that everyone was okay, but him he didn't know anything that was going on. The real things that were happening were still a mystery to him, and Simba too.

"Simba, Do you think they will be alright..? I mean, Malaika and the others, You think they made it out safely? From the fight? What are your thoughts about this.." He asked looking away from Simba now to look in the direction of the fight, and where the sounds were coming from until they had finally come to a halt not to long ago.

simbaji
September 23rd, 2005, 08:58 PM
simba had watched as Kijana had gone off to see what the matter was but quickly lost sight of him. The fact that even now by this point there was still no word or indication as to what had happened only made him more worried.. and more curious. He knew that Malaika and the others had tried to keep him safe and even sent him and Kovujin out of harms way, but there was too much mystery for him to ignore. If Malaika and the others had been successful, wouldn't they have sent word, or at the very least come themselves to say so? But then, too, if things had fared badly, why was there no one coming after them? Too much a mystery.

The cub swiveled his ears as he heard Kovujin ask him what he thought, and moments later his eyes and gaze followed as he looked at Kovujin. He could tell that the other cub was as much at a loss as to what to do as he was, and, were all things equal, probably feeling like there was little they could, or even should do. However, simba's own time and experiences in the past had forced him to adapt, to find ways to make the impossible happen and do what he could no matter the cost. A few times some of that experience was gained at the hands of naivity and curiosity mixed with potential foolishness, perhaps more than a few. But no matter the case he couldn't just sit here, no matter what the others said - it just wasn't in his nature.

"I don't know, but I'm going to go find out for myself. It's been too long, someone should have said something by now."

Malaika
September 29th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Malaika felt alone in the cave even with the Mandrill there. It dawned upon him that he might end up well past dreamscape. Though he was unsure of where he was. Dreamscape he knew well enough but this place felt different kinda forbodeing. It chilled him to the bone. There was no denying that he could very well die again but this time not be able to return. If that were so then all would be lost. Even the mandrill knew this yet said nothing. Malaika wispered silently to himself.

"Please Ahieu guide my friends and watch over them in our time of need."

Malaika tried to keep himself from crying but faild to keep the tears back as he wept into his paws. The mandril placed her paw on Malaika's back causing him to jump slightly but never taking his head from his paws. Slowly she petted him hoping she could give him some comfort.

Malaika
October 30th, 2005, 08:10 PM
(its been a while since anyone has replyed. Please we need to continue. I understand school and everything. It doesn't take a lot of time to post. Please who ever is next say something at least.)

MehndiX
October 30th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Feirefiz continued to keep the other lion pinned to the ground. He thought he could vaguely hear the paw steps of others, but wasn't too sure.He Looked around at the distance, hoping however came could help. He planted his claws into the back leg muscle as the attacker struggled. They slowly slide in and the struggle ended. It would be no use to run if his muscle was hurt.

He raised his nose and sniffed. Someone did indeed seem to be coming.

Kovu The Lion
October 30th, 2005, 08:32 PM
((ooc: Sorry Malaika xX I just don't know what to do anymore, but here goes :P))

Kovujin looked at Simabji, for he was correct, The cubs just couldn't sit by and not do anything, And If at all, They could contribute somehow to the matter at hand, Kovujin would help if any at all. "Yes your right.. Lets go see what's happened Simba, I fear something is going terribly wrong" Kovujin said with a slight shake of his head, Somewhere in the back of his head, His mind was telling him that this.. Fight, Might not end so well, And that something drastic was happening now, Nothing good was coming out of the fight that he though of, Images filled his mind as he looked back over in the direction of where the fight had taken place, and he let out a slight growl from his muzzle which turned into words.

"Lets get moving!" Kovujin yelled as he ran forward, Running in the direction of where Malaika and the others had went off in.

simbaji
October 30th, 2005, 10:17 PM
simba looked back to Kovujin and noded. He was hesitant about letting him come since he wasn't sure what would happen, but in the end he himself was going against the others trying to keep him safe. The path looked different on the way back. He had been carried by the nape of his neck and only seen the swaying ground. Now the ground was steady, but his eyes still moved from side to side occassionally as he tried to catch any glimpse of Kijana or the others. The noises of battle, as much as he could tell, were silent still. So many had been involved, surely someone should have survived, good or bad.

"I think I see someone up ahead!", he called to Kovujin, trying to keep his voice low enough to keep from being heard beyond his friend.

Kovu The Lion
October 31st, 2005, 07:25 PM
Kovujin looked back at Simbaji when he spoke, then stopped to wait for him, "What do you mean?" He said turning back around to face forwards again in the direction of which the battle had taken place. "Who is it?" Kovujin asked, "Anyone we know?" Kovujin said as Simbaji padded up beside him, He kept his voice low so no one could hear him, Incase it was someone they didn't know, or was the enemy.

simbaji
October 31st, 2005, 07:33 PM
simba peered ahead then looked to Kovujin again as the spoke, keeping his voice low as well as he too didn't want to attract any undue attention. As the cub looked on he wish it were easier to reply to the question. Unfortunately they were still too far ad the figures so undefined that he could only guess.

"I'm not sure. I think so."

Kovu The Lion
October 31st, 2005, 07:48 PM
((ooc: sorry for the not so quick reply xP Homework. xX))

Kovujin looked out now, and soon saw the figure of what Simba was talking about, "Should we.. Call out?" Kovujin asked looking at Simba awaiting his answer, he was far wiser than Kovujin, and had been in many predicaments like this probably, and he thought it was best if he left the decision making to him, and him alone.

Mizani
November 8th, 2005, 02:40 AM
((ooc: Um, well I guess I'll fit myself in somewhere here. I last left Mizani running after your guys trail, so can someone tell me where you guys are exactly? Please and Thank-you:D))
Mizani padded slowly along the dusty trail. She had been traveling for quite a while now, and she was starting to get hungry. Her blue orbs would often flicker across the plains, in search of food. The land was fairly empty, even though the land was fairly suitable for living. Perhaps the animals were somewhere further ahead, for she had yet to see a water source. Her golden fur was shimmering in the sun, due to her good grooming, but it was probably not best if she didn't stand out.
Suddenly a scent hit her nose, that made her shudder. Hyenas.

The smell wasn't very fresh, but it wasn't old enough to ignore. She didn't see a den around, but she'd have to keep an eye out all the same. She searched the distance once more, and she stopped when she saw a small herd. She lowered her whole body, and inched forward, quickly, almost darting. Only until she was alot closer, did she slow down, and let her movements become more precise. Then she was so close, it was hard not to spring out.

Then in a flash, she sprang out of the grass, and trailed in hot pursuit of her target. Flinging herself at its neck, she severed the animals neck with one swift bite.
She lifted her head to check for Hyena's as she regained her breath, but the smell of blood was strong, and she couldn't smell anything. She tried again, before sinking her teeth into her kill, and enjoying her feast.

simbaji
November 8th, 2005, 02:51 AM
simba looked over to Kovujin as the appraoched closer and noded. He was hesitant to make too much noise since it was not only your friends, but your enemies as well that could hear you. And so he motioned the other cub to stay still as he turned towards the direction that they had spotted the other figure and let out a small soft call. It was almost imperceptible and surely would have to be strained to be heard, but better to start with something that someone might not be sure about than give away their position conclusively.

Malaika
November 15th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Malaika laid in the cave afraid and alone. The mandril had left after a while and never returned. He was afraid to leave the cave having seen what could happen in Dream scape. Was it going to be safe to stop in his parents cave in the heartlands? Would it have been taken over by the rogues? The only thing left would be to head strait to Pride valley to the north of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Some how he would need to inform everyone to not try and take him to Mt. Kilimanjaro but to another safe place. No one knew of the cave at the bottom of the reveine. The reveine had been a plce of refuge in time of war. Only once had Malaika been there and that was the night that his father had been killed.

Malaika closed his eyes and used all the strength he could muster and had the earth try and send a message to simba. With all his strenght all he could manage was "Simbaji....please help me." It had drained so much energy that Malaika had fallen unconsious.

Princess~Sasha
November 18th, 2005, 10:50 PM
will someone talk to me?
i am so alone:tears:

Mizani
November 18th, 2005, 10:51 PM
((ooc: Have you signed up for this RP? If so, then please try and make your posts longer and detailed. Its kind of a rule in RP's;)))

Malaika
November 19th, 2005, 04:59 PM
OOC: my dear sweet sasha we would love to talk to you. I would be delighted for you to join our Role Play. Most characters when they start into this role play usually start by themselves and then meet up with the characters that are together. Right now we wouldn't be able to find you since we are stuck in a predicament. My character is in somewhat of a coma right now and no one realises it. He was poisoned when he was attacked. Another lion had fgallen in battle and since we've not heard back from him lets asume he is dead. The only one who can help Malaika is Simbaji the cub. Since he has the knowledge of medicine. He wouldn't be able to do it out in the middle of where they are for fear of being attacked again. we don't have this story planned out fully. what is known is there is a shadow amoungs the rogues forming his own legion bent on stopping Malaika from finding whatevery it is he is looking for and killing his friends at the same time. Right now there is a conection between Malaika and simbaji the only one visible right now is the fact that they had been mates at one time. that goes back to another role play where just after Malaika had returned from his homelands in th shadows of kilimanjaro he was without his memory. FOr more info on him though you'd have to read the post I had placed in the profiles section.

Other than that you are welcome to join in this role play but I would recomend reading it first. ALso i am in the preocess of writing this out as a book as well. also this story has nothing whatso ever to do with the lion king time line,era, or whatever you call it.

simbaji
December 5th, 2005, 02:33 AM
As simba neared the scene they had feld earlier he kept a watchful eye. Of course there was the figure that still loomed in the distance, but something else caught the cub's attention that caused his ears to perk. It was feint but clear. It was Malaika's voice. The cub picked up his pace instantly, glancing behind himself to make eye contact with Kovujin to let him know he felt something was up.

Eyes quickly surveyed the surrounding grounds as the young cub looked for his friend. There were many bodies from fallen foes. Fortunately he hadn't seen anyone from their party yet. Soon though he did see one. As if guided right to him, simba hurried and padded up to the older lion and looked him over for signs of wounds. He then nuzzled Malaika and whispered:

I'm here, I made it. What do I need to do?

Kovu The Lion
December 5th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Kovujin continued to follow closely to his cub friend simbaji, he felt his heart beat start to increase slowly by the second, Probably due to anticipation, Or was it because of fear... He couldn't quite sort out which emotion it was that he was feeling that was making his heart race, but he did know one thing, That this place was soon starting to freak him out. He looked to his left and noticed the body of a lion, A strange red liquid had surrounded its body and formed a pool of water, But it wasn't water..It was blood.. A shiver went down his spine as the liquid continued to pour out from the Lion's still dead body, And though he was dead, It seemed as if his body still wasn't as it continued to push the liquid throughout the openings in his body. He tore his gaze away from the lion then saw himself staring at simba's face, then the face he was staring at quickly turned around, Probably a motion to let him know something bad was about to happen, and he already knew that bad thing had already happened, Because.. Everywhere around him, There were bodies.. And it almost made him want to cry his heart out, Just for the victems of the battle, Even though they had attacked them.. He still felt sorrow for the Lions and Lioness that had died during the fight, He felt pain, and anguish, almost as if he could feal the pain that they had so felt before they died. And this pain.. It hurt.. It hurt so badly, almost enough to kill him.

He moaned quietly as he tried to close his eyes to keep away the visions, but even as his eyes were closed he could still see the dead bodies of the creatures all around him, and it was soon going to drive him insane, The blood, The killing, The death, all of it was around him and it was inevitable, He couldn't escape him, These images.. Would probably haunt him forever, but what he couldn't understand was.. Why he felt these emotions.. They were the bad guys.. It was good that they died... No.. No it wasn't, It wasn't good that they died, no one should die.. Everyone should live and have a chance.. As mom said.. There is no such thing as a bad animal, Its just the decisions they make are bad, They aren't bad.. The things they do are bad.. He told himself,

He groaned again. "simba... I don't like this..." He muttered softly as he padded up to the cub's side, he then saw him shoot off in a random direction, Then he noticed it wasn't a not so random direction.. That direction was to the body... Of Malaika..

"Oh my.. g" He said before stoping himself from finishing, He looked away fast, And right now he beleived he was dead. Tears were almost about to burst out of the cub's eyes and stream down his face.

"Is... Is he alive.." Kovujin questioned looking away from his body through closed eyes.

simbaji
December 5th, 2005, 03:24 AM
simba felt Kovujin come to rest beside him. He averted his gaze for a moment at the question asked and could see so much fear and sorrow in the other cub's eyes. Was he himself so blinded by some unknown force that he couldn't appreciate the devestation all around? Had he become so detatched that the scent of blood no longer made his stomach ill? He had to quickly shake his head. But when he looked back to Malaika he feared too for the older lion's fate, his friend's fate and so many other feelings that loomed in the back of his memory like wraiths waiting to be let free to ravage his sanity. He musn't let them out, no.

"I'm not sure. I don't think so.. I hope not so. He hasn't woken but I think I saw his chest rise from a small breath."

He watched as the images of his son slipped into the forefront of his mind. He was always so eager to do something, wanted to help in any way he could. The small niche around the backside of his kopje where he worked hard for days to prepare pastes and powders. His son eating of one of the berries along a trail side and finding it to be toxic to some extent and the times they shared in the grasses... the grasses... you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray...

"No!"

And the images were gone. He blinked his eyes and looked at Kovujin and apologized.

"Sorry.. just, just some memories. This is horrible, horrible! We need to see if we can get some stuff to help his wounds and revive him."

The cub looked around and wondered what had become of the others. With any luck and a lot of hope, that they hadn't seen their bodies yet was a sign that they would not be found amoung the devestation that surrounded them.

Kovu The Lion
December 5th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Kovujin sighed as he heard his friend talk, And his words brought some joy to him when he finished, At least he was breathing, For as long as there was breathing, Then there was a chance that a creature could live, and Malaika.. He just had to live.. He just.. Had too.. Kovujin put his head to the ground and put his paws over his head trying to disrupt the images of the lions around him, and kept muttering, "Death.. Killing.. Blood.. Death.. What is it for..." He said with a tear dropping down his face as it hit the ground below him, Then simba yelled, and he jumped in fright,

"What!" He yelled as he saw simba in front of him, Then he spoke again, and Kovujin only nodded, "Its okay simba.. I know what you mean.. I have memories that I don't want to lose, but I want to get rid of them at the same time.. Ya know.." He said in a soft voice, He came up to his friends side to stare at the form of Malaika's body laying on the ground, He had been wounded, and the wound... Didn't seem to be normal, it was like somethign was eating at the skin around it, "Look.. There.. Do you think its the work of something else? It doesn't look like everyone else's scars and scratches.." He said softly walking around him once then coming back at the opposite side of simba.

"I fear.. Something bad has happened here simba.. But I don't want to believe it.. But right now I don't know what to believe anymore..." He said in a slightly dull voice. "And you are so right.. But.. What can we get to help Malaika? I mean.. What can we use? I'm just a cub.. I have no clue what to do to anyone if they are harmed but just let them heal over time.. And I don't think we can do that here." He said with a slight groan. "Do you know of something that we could possibly use? Or certain ingredients or maybe a herb.. Or Something?!" Kovujin said quite desperately.

Now not only was his heart racing, The cub's mind was also being filled with thousands of thoughts racing into him, and he growled slightly as the thought of Maliaka's death entered into it and he quickly shook his head, No... He will Live.. He must... He kept repeating himself. He then started to look around him to see if he could find any familiar faces amoungst the dead, and not one appeared to him that he knew, or had seen, He hadn't.. Known anyone quite that personally save for simba and Malaika. But just because he didn't see them in this place, didn't mean they were still alive... Stupid thoughts! Why do I need a mind anyways, to torment me on this stupid onslaughts of misery!? He screamed in his mind. Then he muttered.

"Hang on Malaika.."

Malaika
December 6th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Malaika felt a chill swirl around him as pain shot through him. The world around him seem to fade and produce a new location. At first he didn't recognize it but once he lokked about him he could see Simbaji sitting next to a lion crying. Could it be himself? No it can't be.

'Have I died?' Malaika thought to himself.

Suddenly everything changed again and he stood beside Simbaji as the cub trudged on with Kovujin and the others. But he was no where to be seen. They were heading away from Mt. Kilimanjaro. Simbaji stumbled and couldn't get up. Tears welled up in his eyes.

'Malaika,' He whispered trying to hold back his greif but could say no more.

Malaika turned away not wanting to see what pain had been caused but as he looked away a shadowed figure seemed to apear in the mist. It was the sahdow of a lion but not true feature could be seen. His eyes glowed bright yellow.

"Who are you?" Malaika asked wonering if any of this was real.

"You should know who I am." It called in a deep voice. A voice that would send any animal or man into dispare. "I am you. Your dark side. I am your hate, your anger. I am your worst nightgmare. There is nothing you can do to rid yourself of me."

This sent a cold chill through Malaika. He turned to run only to find the shadow again.

"Its no use to try and escape. You thought you could get rid of me once and look what happened. How much pain did you cause during that time? How many of your friends and loved onse did you hurt?"

"Please don't." Malaika cried out. "Havn't I suffered enough living through all that. I don't ned to be reminded about that time."

"But it seems you do. simba is still hurting from then."

"How do you know all of this?"

"You will find out in due time. For now it is not your time to go. Ahieu is watching over you and simba. There is still much to be done. I can not say more." The shadow started to fade. "Untill next we meet. I shall always be watching."

simbaji
December 7th, 2005, 05:58 PM
simba could hear the fear and confusion in the other cub's voice. And who could blame him? Things really were terrible no matter how you looked at it. And wether fortunately or unfortunately, he himself had seen enough in his life to have given him the ability to deal with some situations better than not. That experience didn't apply everywhere and certainly he was still caught off guard when that experience didn't kick in, but then what could anyone expect? He'd do what he could, just as anyone else would, and that's all anyone could ask.

"My dad taught me how to use healing pastes a while back. Plus I've experiemented a little on my own. We need to quickly look around and see if we can find a plant that has blue flowers. The flowers have to be small and should have 6 petals with white stems in the middle. I'll go and see if I can find a special kind of red berry. Meet me back here as soon as you can, even if you can't find anything - don't want to end up caught in the middle of anything and get lost or hurt."

He looked around himself and silently despaired. Such a dark and, in places, barren land. There were plenty of things around, but bodies accounted for a lot of tha, and what plants or trees there were didn't seem the right type for what he needed, but he'd look anyways. Surely there had to be something to work with. And with that he nuzzles Malaika, told him to hang on as well, then took off in search of the plants that might help him heal his friend.

Kovu The Lion
December 7th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Kovujin watched in awe as his friend spoke of medicines of healing and how he actually knew how to use them, "Wow.. Amazing.." He said, then simba ran off and he in turn did, He sprinted off in some random direction he knew nothing of, and of where it would lead him. But before he even got a few feet away from Maliaka, He turned around, and dipped his head down and sighed, "Stay alive buddy.." He said softly. Then turned around and started off staring at the ground in all directions possible.

Blue flower, 6 petals, White stem, Blue flower, 6 pedals, White stem.. These were the only words that were traveling through Kovujin's mind right now, And thats all he said to himself "Blue flower... 6 Petals... White Stem.." he said in a low voice, he looked to his left, then to his right and out of clumseiness(Sp?) Tripped on his own four feet and went head over paw landing on his face. "Merf..." He moaned getting back up on his paws and rubbing his chin with his paw,

He looked around him once again, Then scratched an arrow pointing in the direction of where Maliaka was so he could remember where to go once he had found what he was looking for, If he ever found it...

Malaika
December 21st, 2005, 11:01 PM
Malaika shivered still trying to get out of his mind that his own shadow would speak to him. To him he felt like he ahd been here before. Even during the time he had had the dreams of the whole pride being killed. This time though was different. Was he supposed to die. No it still wasn't his time. Even his shadow had said so.

Malaika gave into despare. He knew Simbaji could help him but out in the baren wastelands they had found themselves in he wasn't to sure about if Simbaji could find what was needed to help. How could he have let this happen to him. Sure he had been iin battle many times before. but something was different.

He wasn't losing his touch. The enemy is differert this time. An enemy to surpass even the humans and himself. His father had fought a similar battle but it took not only his pride but others as well. That option isn't there any more. Just a mere group of rouge against an army of rogues. It was going to be a loosing battle yet some how they were going to pull through.

'Whats it all for anyway?' Malaika asked himself. 'The heartlands will never be the same.'

"I'm dissapointd in you Malaika." Came a voice that surprised Malaika.

"No, it can't be."

simbaji
December 27th, 2005, 07:52 AM
simba had himself set off in search of the things he was looking for. Akili had taught him mainly how to use the healing pastes, not how to create them. His dad had disappeared for some time during one point in trying to search out the ingredients to create more. It was during that time that simba had worked on trying to decipher the secret. A lot of it was trial and error, and sometimes the things he came up with were completely different than the things his dad used. What he learned most importantly was that the lands provided many things to help those who lived here. Each part had something to offer.

Quickly he searched still however; just because there were useful things to be found didn't necessarily follow that they were the right ones at the time. And time was one thing they didn't have on their side. He could most likely help Malaika, he hoped, but if helped too late it might not make a difference - and that was one scenario he didn't want to see played out.

Malaika
January 3rd, 2006, 06:35 AM
"You seem to have lost your way."

With a sigh Malaika sits down and looks at his fathers spirit.

"I'm sorry father. Yes I am lost. How can I find my way home? It seems like an empty dream lost to the night." He sighs again. "I feel alone."

"Listen my son don't try and go to what you know to be our home. Your journey lies to the north. You must go to the Valley pridelands there you must face your fears. The truth will come to you when you are ready."

Malaika shivers at the words and like a distant dream he recalls the last time he had spoken to his father.

"Before you go I want to know something. You told me I wouldn't be able to see you again yet now..."

Shujaa cut him but raising his paw.

"You are on the very ede of life and death. Right now a very young cub is trying to find some plant that can help you."

The lion laid in pain and could no longer run anywhere but instead looked up at Feirefiz. The heat of battle long over the lion still had fire in his eyes but not the strength to fight. He looked over at Malaika who was hardly breathing.

"Watch as your friend suffers." The lion rasped to Feirefiz. "Even if you could save him it would be useless."

MehndiX
January 3rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
He narrowed his eyes and pressed his claws deeper into the lions leg muscle. He didn't like the games this lion was playing.

"What have you done to him?", he hissed in reply 'Who are you and why are you even doing this!?"

He could feel the anger welling up inside of him, he felt a struggle to maintain his urge to end the life of his capture. The game he was playing with everyone, or so it seemed like some sick game. It was a life. He had so far spared this attackers life, why should the same not be granted to others?

He took his other paw and pressed the head of the lion into the dirt. Holding him down, claws poking past the fur of his paws. He was tired of this slow guessing game

"What have you done, and how can he be helped?" ,he calmed his voice as he spoke "This may be your last chance to answer before you bleed more..."

Kovu The Lion
January 3rd, 2006, 03:18 PM
Kovujin looked around him once more, He was in a vast field of many grasses, and a few flowers were dispersed throughout the lands, but none of which were the ones he was looking for. His eyes looked out for a Blue Flower, and he saw what he was looking for. With a huge grin set on his face he let out a gasp and a sigh of relief hoping he had found what simba had told him to get. He scrambled to his paws energetically and started to trot towards the bluish colored flower.

As he grew nearer and nearer to the plant he started to think to himself yeah its blue but what if it doesn?t match the description simba told me.. He thought, and he was soon contemplating himself and questioning himself with all these different random yet stupid questions. And as he grew closer to the flower, he began to choke noticing the green stem, ?Its not white? Its not?White..? he said sadly. He sat down upon the grass disappointed in himself once again and sighed deeply, Shaking his head left and right repeatedly. He closed his eyes and thought of Malaika once again, He had only just met him a few days ago, And now thanks to his stupidity in not being able to find a SIMPLE FLOWER. He was doomed to die.. He had disappointed himself, Malaika, and simba by not finding what he was supposed to find. And he soon found himself weeping.

A cold wind blew against his back and it forced him to shiver, but he opened his eyes and sighed once again, But thought. What if I keep looking.. I still have a chance? He?s not gone yet! He told himself. He turned around and looked through the grasses once again, and saw himself staring at the many colored flowers and petals upon the flowers themselves, There were tons, almost like a meadow filled with them, The llush grasses were somewhat wet, But not with blood thankfully, But with liquid, Water. When he moved around on the grass he could feel his paws beginning to wetten from walking and it somewhat soothed him and his mind. Then his eyes closed somewhat halfway as he set his gaze upon a white stemed flower, then noticed it was blue.. ?This is it.. THIS IS IT!? He said happily and ran towards the plant. The time whilst he was running thoughts were flying through his minds, and all of them relevant to Malaika. Once he was at the white stemed flower, he started counting the petals with a claw, and when he reached six, his eyes lit up with joy and he smirked. ?Now that wasn?t so hard..? He said mischeaviously and grabbed the plant by its stem from his teeth and ripped it from the ground. Now to find simba.. He told himself as he turned back around to find the arrow he had drawn early so he could tell where he was and where Malaika was.

He ran back as fast as he could, feeling the wind blow against his face as he ran at a fast paced speed and a smile still on his face, the flower still held firmly in his muzzle, Clenched inbetween his teeth. It almost looked as if he was on a date having a flower in his maw, but that surely wasn?t the case here. And when the thought went through his mind he could do nothing but chuckle at himself and his stupid thoughts once again. He saw the arrow and his claws dug into the arrow head of the arrow as he ran forwards, messing the arrow up completely so no one else would follow that arrow, He knew loads of animals were very.. Curious. And soon he started to see Malaika?s body come into view, and continued to run as his heart pounded harder and harder, his breathing increasing at a rapid state.

Malaika
January 3rd, 2006, 08:11 PM
The lion only laughed as his head was forced into the ground. It was the feeling of the lions claws that caught his attaention.

"Ok I'll tell you. He now how the incurable disease. The poison was only to make it work faster. We knew we wouldn't be able to bring him down ourselves since he is stronger. But even if you cure the poison you will never be able to find a cure for the uncurable disease."

simbaji
January 13th, 2006, 04:50 AM
The search had taken simba far longer than he had hoped but really expected no less and ultimately was greatful for the find. Hind paws pressed into the ground behind him as he stretched as much as he could to reach the patch of berries he had found. That he could find anything was almost amazing but it still remained to be seen if the berries he had found would do the trick. There were lots of different kinds of berries to be had and just because it was red didn't mean it would do the trick. Still he had no other choice than to hope that something good would come of it. There too was the prospect that these berries might do something altogther different, and hopefully good - or perhaps nothing at all or worse. Only time would tell.

The cub finally got a good hold of the branch that held the clumps of red berries and twisted his head slightly while at the same time biting down into the branch that held them secure. The taste of the branch wasn't all that pleasant but the quarry finally came free. He backed himself out from the bush that he had burried himself in to get at the berries and pulled free with his find. Not a moment went by before the young cub was turned around and dashing back to Malaika. He ran with all deliberate speed, the whole time thinking and hoping that Kovujin was successful. Unlike simba's task, the flower that Kovujin had to locate couldn't be mistaken for anything else. In his mind he started to plan out how he would prepare the pastes and wished that he had access to the small and dwindling supply that his dad had given him back home. At least he had already begun exploring how to make these himself. Time and luck. He needed a little of both, not much, just a little. Just a little.

Kovu The Lion
January 14th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Kovujin continued to run his paws out to no extent, his heart was beating almost as fast as his paws were running, his heart continued to push up against his chest and it felt as if it were going to fly out at any moment. His legs were tired, sore and his brain was killing him. So much stress from today, and he was only a cub. How could one take so much pain and torture... But no matter the consequences, he continued to push his body past the limits. Even though his mind told him to stop and stay, to just rest for 5 seconds, he continued onwards knowing that there might not be another five seconds that Malaika might live.

Soon the body of Malaika was in view, and what suprised him more was when he was drawing closer to the form of Malaika, was two lions, one on top of the other. He had him firmly pinned down, Paw at the neck, though he couldn't tell if his claws were out or not. But from the look upon the lion's face he knew he meant business. Kovujin smirked as he saw the pitiful body underneath the lion, it was almost... Pathetic looking. It seemed that the muscular lion on top was trying to extract information out of the attacker who had poisoned Malaika.. Or if it was another lion or lioness. Or creature for that matter, Kovujin didn't know. But one thing was for sure. He didn't really care about those two lions right now.

He skidded to a halt almost ten feet away from Malaika, Pushing his paws in front of hi again, Feeling his paws run into the soft dirt, and he tumbled head over paw, Somersaulting and then landing on his belly. "Ooof, not a good experience" he said softly then getting up and shaking his head left and right, He looked around him for he had dropped the flower, and once he found it he smirked widely. "Tried to get away from me didn't you.. You sneaky little devil.." He said out loud. He bent his head downwards and picked up the flower by its stem, Holding it between his muzzle. He came to sit next to Maliaka's side and brushed his head up against his fur. His body felt cold, and lifeless. But his breathing proved him wrong, and from this he knew that Malaika was slowly dieing. And it was all coming down to one thing for Malaika to live. That simbaji knew exactly what he was doing.. And this was what had to happen. simba had to be able to do this.. And if he couldn't then Kovujin could at least help out to make it a little easier, Not a lot.. Just a little bit..

simbaji
January 15th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Why did this have to be such a forbidding land? As the distance rushed past, simba could see no signs of great scenery or vegitation. He had to take that back, there were a good variety of things, they just looked desolate. It was a rather odd sight and sensation alike since nearly all of his journeys and explorations into different lands always held their own variety of beauty and wonder. This place, this place however seemed to feel as though eyes were everywhere, smothering everything that tried to grow or pass through. What was it about this place and why were things turning out the way they were? He could only hope that everyone would pull through.

He wasn't sure how long it had taken him to get to where he was and therefore had no idea how long it would take for him to get back, but he hoped it wouldn't be much longer. In his mind he tried to go over what his dad had taught him about the pastes he had made and how to administer them. He also kept going over the different things he had learned during his own experimentations and which processes and parts of roots and flowers and berries yielded which kinds of results. He worried for a moment. He could probably find something well enough to mix and prepare the pastes with with the exception of water, that and something to actually mix them in. All the while he worked on his plan as he drew closer to Malaika.

Time seemed to take forever but finally, in the distance, he could see the vague outline of a large lion, Malaika. Next to him he saw a smaller form and felt relieved that Kovujin, if that was who it was (as he hoped it should be) had made it back ok. Hopefully he had found his item as well. To cover the last bit of distance, the young cub burst with what little extra speed he had to offer and quickly closed the gap between him and the others. His heart cheered up a bit as he saw Kovujin holding something in his muzzle. As soon as he got to the two he layed the branch with the cluster of berries down and nuzzled Malaika then turned to the other cub.

"You made it! Were you able to find the flower?"

Kovu The Lion
January 15th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Kovujin looked up from where he had nuzzled the sleeping form of Malaika, this was what he told himself, that he was just asleep. And not possibley dieing.. Just resting, yeah thats it.. Just resting.. His eyes came to meet those of a young cub as he heard the sounds of paw pads hitting against the ground, and a smile came upon his muzzle as the creature grew nearer and he was able to idenfity him. He made it... Finally.. He said to himself whilst watching the cub come closer and closer to him and Malaika. He watched him lay down the branch with the berries upon it and he stared at them, then looked up to simbaji once he asked his question, and he slowly bent his head downwards and let the flower drop to the ground beside the berries on the branch.

He smirked and saluted the young cub. "Yes sir! I found them, with much difficulty, but they are here!" Kovujin said whilst grinning through his little speech.

"So what else do we need to possibly cure him?" Kovujin questioned, he tilted his head to the right then gasped lightly, then pointed in the direction of a lion ontop of another, "And them... What about the guy under him?" He questioned again, Eyeing the two lions again before staring back into simba's eyes. And in those eyes, he could tell that simba was not only thinking of what to do, he was worried about what he had to do. Maybe he was unsure about himself, or in his ability to do this or accomplish his current goal. Then Kovujin thought to himself, What if.. No it can't be...Don't worry about that Kov, just do what he tells you. He told himself.

simbaji
January 15th, 2006, 06:42 AM
simba looked briefly over to the other two lions that Kovujin had motioned to and asked about. Fierfiz seemed to be the one on top and had control of the situation, he hoped. Seeing the two lions locked like that briefly brought up memories of a time in the past when he was the same lion being pinned, and for something he hadn't even done or had knowledge about. That it was his own father made the situation unbearable, even if he had been adopted. He almost seemed to get stuck in his own memories and bad experiences then shook his head and looked back to Kovujin.

"It'll be fine, they're not close enough to us to be a threat so we should be ok for now. As for the flower let's get to work, there's a lot of stuff we'll need to do. We need to find some water, just a small amount will be enough and somehting to mix this stuff in. If we were back at my kopje it wouldn't be a problem, I have some empty gourd shells that I would use. We'll need something like that as well as a stick of some kind."

Malaika
January 15th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Shujaa Sighsed then looked at Malaika.

"You are correct but I was able to get a little more time. I gave up something in return for being able to help you. I gave up Eden. You must bring peace back to the eastern lands. Only then can I re-enter Eden."

Malaika looked down realizing that his father wasn't going to be trapped in dream scape but held in the worst of all places untill he himself could bring balance to eastern Africa. That meant he would have to swallow his fear about humans, other than Fernando, and gain their wizdom.

WOOT post number 600 on this thread.

MehndiX
January 18th, 2006, 07:52 PM
He looked up from the lion to see two cubs trying to help the fallen lion. There is always some kind of hope he thought. He relaxed himself a touch, he realized he had his ears pressed hard against his head and his claws had been slipping further out as he began to get more angry. He didn't want to slip. There had been enough death and suffering today. ASide of the cubs and themselves, no one else on the battleground stirred, one could only come to one conclusion.

"Why are you doing this,' ,he spoke outloud, somewhat as his thoughts wanting to come out, 'how can there be enough hate to kill so many? Why are you even sent to do such a thing? Who sent such a command?"

"Look around you, you once knew those bodies, don't you even feel regret for that loss? If you do, you're causing others the same pain. Stop before it's out of hand."

He lowered his head, and could only wish he could help the cubs. He prefered to aid and not hurt.

Malaika
January 19th, 2006, 01:11 AM
"WHY SHOULD I?" The lion yelled. "I would rather be the right hand of the devil than in his way. Which is more than I can say for all of you. Chaos will rule this land but can not until at least one of the decendants of four prides are killed. Liitle was known about one but it seems that two have joined together. Each of them has a secret but no one knows what it is. We were sent to kill one of the two."

Kovu The Lion
February 8th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by simbaji
simba looked briefly over to the other two lions that Kovujin had motioned to and asked about. Fierfiz seemed to be the one on top and had control of the situation, he hoped. Seeing the two lions locked like that briefly brought up memories of a time in the past when he was the same lion being pinned, and for something he hadn't even done or had knowledge about. That it was his own father made the situation unbearable, even if he had been adopted. He almost seemed to get stuck in his own memories and bad experiences then shook his head and looked back to Kovujin.

"It'll be fine, they're not close enough to us to be a threat so we should be ok for now. As for the flower let's get to work, there's a lot of stuff we'll need to do. We need to find some water, just a small amount will be enough and somehting to mix this stuff in. If we were back at my kopje it wouldn't be a problem, I have some empty gourd shells that I would use. We'll need something like that as well as a stick of some kind."

((ooc: Okay i'll be the first to say it, I ai'nt posting here (well I didn't) because I am just totally lost on what exactly to do xX But yeah.. I guess I'll just start using my imagination or something xD... Sorry for the long wait >>... and where exactly are the cubs located? if I can get that answer I'll be aye'okay ^^))

Kovujin watched the two lions whilst simba was talking to him and when he was sure he finished he turned his head to face the cub his own age and smirked. "Hmm.. Kopje..?" He asked, he wasn't quite sure about these terms that were.. Metaphorically used to mean something else, but he had some idea of what it meant, perhaps a den or a home.. but he wasn't going to do anything or say anything about it until he knew for sure what he was talking about. "Well.. I'm sure I saw a few mud puddles from when I was looking for the flowers.. but I dont think you need mud.." he said in a soft voice but he was quite aggitated that he couldn't find exactly and everything that simba needed to nurse Malaika back to health.

[i]A stick would be no problem.. Just find a bush and we're good..[i] he thought to himself, and then turned back to the lions that were being pinned or the pinner as they started talking again, and he swore he heard the word "devil" the Diablo, master of hell, owner of the condemned. But he shook his head and thought that he couldn't be the one at work and he was quickly assured as the lion being pinned down talked about another creature being at work here and not him himself.

He started talking to the cub once more. "So what exactly do you want me to find, everything? or one thing and you get something else?" He asked with a raised brow turning his head to watch the body of Malaika again, showing some worry for his older friend.

simbaji
February 8th, 2006, 02:18 AM
ooc: it's easy to get lost when no one posts for a while. it's all good. thanks for jumping in again -smiles-

bic:
As simba quickly took stock of the situation and where things were at he heard Kovujin's question about what a kopje was. The cub looked to the other and shook his head a little. It wasn't a gesture of dismisal, only that of matter of factly or afterthought.

"It's a large granite rock or series of rocks. Back where I'm from there's one that is kinda mine and it has a lot of places where I can hide and hide things when I need to. If you can grab a stick I think we'll be ok."

In his mind's eye he remembered a small puddle of water that he had passed on his way back to Malaika and Kovujin. It wasn't all that large and probably just left over from the rains, but it was enough. He could handle it. Everything was almost in place.

"I just remembered where I saw some water. I can get that then meet you back here. It shouldn't be too hard to make. The flower you got was the most important part."

He smiled a little at his friend, a knowing gesture that things would be ok and that he'd done good. Inside he still had his own doubts, but they were fading as he felt more sure of himself. What he needed was a level head, not his doubting, cautious self. It might not be an easy fix, but things would be ok. He had to believe that. And so he did.

Malaika
February 8th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Malaika laid down unable to take anymore of what was going on and felt something pulling at him. To him it hurt like some one pulling at his fur. With a roar he cried out.

"Its not my time."

To those around him back outside dreamscape they heard what he had said and he had said it softly.

"Simba!"

Malaika cried again and then was still but breathing a little faster.

Kovu The Lion
February 8th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Kovujin took in the information that his friend told him almost exactly the same way a calculator would take in the key strokes that was put into it to calculate what it needed to do. And just like one he noded quickly now knowing his foremost objective, To find a stick. What a job, Malaika will be back and dandy in no time!, thus was what his brain was screaming to him and he was happy for once, it was a good thought. None of the which like he was having when he doubted his actions when he couldn't find the flower. But now as simba had said, that was the most vital part to there plan, or well his plan to save Malaika. And it was a difficult task, but if he was able to do this then finding a stick would be almost like taking antelopes out of there herds.

"Sir aye aye sir!" Kovujin said and saluted the cub playfully about to turn around when his ears perked up as he caught a sound, a muffled voice of the lion beside him- Malaika.

He looked around him at Malaika with his muzzle half open watching simba, waiting for what he would do. "he's... alive!!!" He finally said after a moments worth of silence.

THERE IS STILL HOPE! He now told himself in his mind..

simbaji
February 8th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Simba smiled at Kovujin as he was saluted. Even in the darkest of times it was helpful to be able to keep some semblance of wit mixed with hope. The cub gave a slight nod of his head in reply followed with a salute of his own then turned to get the last of the things he'd need. Just as he was about to head off though he heard something from behind him and turned, thinking it was Kovujin once more only to see that it was in fact Malaika that had stirred!

The cub quickly raced to his older friends side and nuzzled into battle-worn form. Malaika's fur was thicker, corser than his own and it rubbed with less give across his muzzle, but the fur was warm, his friend alive. He smiled a little again as hope seemed to increase with each passing moment rather than diminish. Gently the cub whispered to Malaika.

"Shhh.. shhh, try not to move too much. I've got something that should help. Hang on."

Simba looked up at Kovujin who was just as excited to see this new developement and smiled. It felt good to be smiling more instead of feeling the pangs of despair that had permeated them not long before. And with that and not a moment more to loose, the cub took off to get a little water to complete the mix he'd make.

It didn't take long. While Kovujin went to get a stick to help mix the paste, he assembled the ingredients in the large leaf he'd found. Carefully he squeezed the berry he'd found in his maw, angling his head in such a way that the juice could drip into the mix of water. Then, he added the flower that Kovujin had found. The leaf was just big enough to hold it all, and fresh enough that it hopefully wouldn't tear as he used the stick to smash the petals of the flower and mixx the last of it.

Malaika
February 9th, 2006, 12:54 AM
The rogue looked on snearing and then looked up at his capture and whispers

"Your little friend ther can't save him no one can."

Malaika
March 17th, 2006, 06:15 PM
(ok now I'm getting upset. I was hoping of continueing this post but obviously no one seems to care anymore. *sighs* )

Kovu The Lion
March 20th, 2006, 01:08 AM
(ooc: I'll be totally honest with ya, I want to RP but I don't see how anything could get pretty far with just 3 people RP'ing :E but heres a post, I'll get active in this ;))

Kovujin didn't have to go to far to be able to find what he needed, for a bushle of berries wasn't that far away, none were ripe, nor what simba had needed before, or atleast hoped so, and he wrapped his muzzle into the bush, grabbing at a limb and prying it away from its sheltered area and breaking it then placing it on the ground and prying away the leaves and other materials that was on it.

And once satisified he returned back to his position next to the cub, dropping the stick before him. "Done, Now what needs to be done simba, is he going to be okay?" He continued to quesiton, his anxiety was shooting up rather fast, same for his curiostiy upon the well being of the older lion. Besides that.. There was nothing that the cub was feeling, no other emotions... And he found it rather peculiar that he wasn't feeling a bit of sorrow, nor happiness that he could possibly save the lion. It was just so weird to him..

MehndiX
March 22nd, 2006, 11:16 AM
(ooc: Sorry I was out of town for a month and feel kind of lost what to do next : /)

He was beyond patient by this time, if the lion was not going to tell him what he needed he would let him "go". Feirefiz placed his paw on the lions face and cut into his eyes to blind him.

"If you won't say what will help him, then you will share a similar future."

he felt a knot in his stomach, he didn't like when things came down to this... He got up and began to walk over to the cubs and the fallen lion. Slowly, so they wouldn't be afraid.

simbaji
March 22nd, 2006, 02:40 PM
ooc: A journey of 3, 30 or even 1. Aren't you curious? :)

bic:
"It'll just take a moment now. Just keep watch out if you can."

It took no time at all once everything he needed was in place. Thandi, an old mandril friend of his, and a dear one at that, would have had little trouble preparing the mixture he was now. Not so much so for the skill and knowledge - though that would certainly have been on her side a hundred fold over - but moreso because her hands could more easily manipulate the objects. As it was, he was resigned to akwardly gripping things with his maw and angling his neck to the side, grabbing something here, carefullly pouring something there, but he did it. And he knew that Thandi would be proud, just as he knew that his adopted dad Akili would be too to know that he had gained some skill in the use of healing pastes.

Once the salve had been made he put some of the mixture on a fresh leaf and carefully gripped it in his mouth and turned to Malaika. He didn't want to loose another friend but was comforted by the thought that this time he was in a position to help. He hoped he could. With a little effort and some practiced skill the cub turned the leaf paste-side down and layed it over the older lion's wound, and then another. Then with his nosepad proceeded to press the leaf and therefore the mixture gently into Malaika's wounds. And then he waited. It was all he could do. He and Kovujin had done what they could, now it was up to luck and the fates to do the rest.

Malaika
March 22nd, 2006, 04:24 PM
Malaika still lay unconsious and his breathing subsided a bit. Even though the wounds would be healed and the poison seeped out there was another deeper illness that couldn't be healed. Only time would show what effects it had but right now it wouldn't show anything.

The others looked on and saw a few tears rol from his eyes though he layed there unmoving. It seemed that death had tried to take him but was denied the older lion once again. This time though Malaika would keep his memories.

Malaika was no longer in the land between heaven and hell. A place he had wanted to be. He had to find out more both from his darker self and from his father whom was trapped in that purgatory. Dream scape was a place that very few could gain entry too as they slept, or in Malaika's case had been taken close to death.

Kovu The Lion
March 25th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Kovujin looked on as the cub has prepared the paste, his eyes wide and sorta sparking with wonder and amazement as he watched simba work. Never had he been into this 'healing' stuff before, but he had heard of wandering creatures that knew of the ancient works of healing animals of wounds, sicknesses, and sometimes even death. But never had he thought that simba would be one of those, and so he found it rather amusing to watch something like this being performed. And then applied to a 'patient', and unfortunately, that patient being Malaika.

He moved back a bit as simba started to put the leaf with its herbs upon his wounds. His ears then perked as he heard paw steps coming their way, and he moved his head quickily in that direction, and seeing the same creature before, friend, though that was coming near them, the one who was dealing with the rogue lion. Man... What a day this has been.. he told himself in his mind as he turned his head back to simba, and then the lifeless body, or so it seemed, of Malaika, until he saw the tear run down the older lions cheek, and a frown appeared upon his muzzle that instance, the tear made him think, that he wanted to die, or not be alive possible, but usually.. These accusations of him were always wrong, but he never knew if they were or not. Being because he never told anyone what was on his mind...

simbaji
March 25th, 2006, 05:03 PM
simba looked on at the still largely unmoving body of his friend. All he could do was wait now, wait and see if their efforts, even this journey, were for nothing. He hoped otherwise. Taking in a deep breath, the cub closed his eyes a moment. The air was stale and filled with the smells of battle. The scents of fur and even blood mixed and hung in the now calm day.

There was a time when he longed for adventures like these, sought them out. Not so much the death of course, but the feeling like you were racing against time, against fate, against destiny. Then, as he openned his eyes, he was reminded that such races came at a cost at times. Hopefully the cost wouldn't be too great. But then, wasn't the loss of any life too great? It was unfortunate that so many learned this lesson too late. Other memories began to stir.

He looked back to Kovujin and offered a reassuring smile. The journey thus far hadn't been without it's rewards. He had found another friend, even if for a time. Such moments were rare for him these days and overlooked by all too many as well. He padded the few steps it took to his friend and sat beside him, watching. The figure of Feirefiz caught the periphery of his vision and he looked back to see another of their group moving back towards the whole.

Malaika
April 3rd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Malaika stired slightly and shuddered as he tried to get up. As he reached his full height he lost his strength and fell but caught himself and wept as he tried to use what strength he had to get up. He sat back upon his haunches and breathed heavily trying to remeber what had happened but all the visions he had seen were lost to him. The one thing that went through his mind was that it was not safe to travel to Mt. Kilimanjaro and that they all where to head north past the heartlands and travel to the valley pridelands.

Tears fell from his eyes as he tried to stay sitting up but lost his strength again and fell back down onto his side.

Psylant Darkeen
April 6th, 2006, 11:14 PM
There is, has never been, and may never be any time to stop moving. It seems there?s not much of a place in the world for a lone wolf. I was part of a pack of course. As a pup I used to play in the high grass around the den while the others looked on. It?s really too bad it all had to turn out this way. After the domestic dogs got loose, rabies began to spread through the native wolves. My pack, Darkeena, was one of only 1/3 of the population that survived. The trouble didn?t end there though. Before I was born, the old Alfa?s of the pack died of old age. The spot was quickly filled, but not by an original member of the pack, instead by a half wolf from farther north. I don?t know what he was mixed with, but it made his fur longer and his muscles stronger.
As new alfa, he was, of course, given the right to mate. I was, thankfully, born to the Beta pair, which consisted of two original pack members. I grew up with the new little of quarter breeds. Unfortunately, as the new litter of the Alfa and had inherited his longer fur. In order to make sure the other pups were cool enough, the entire pack moved up into the mountains to the far north. I remember the winters there. Members of the original pack began to die off one by one without the aid of longer fur. My father died the first year. The year, my mother and I huddled for warmth every night to stay alive. Then, at the age of 14, she was far too weak to go on. She died one night in towards the end of winter that year. From then on, the pack slowly began to degrade. It seemed all the older members of the original pack were being picked off one by one. It seems the only reason I was left alone was my status as the strongest of the cubs.
Soon even I began to be targeted by the ones my age. I was nipped, tackled, and frequently attacked, but at all in the friendly manner. I knew I had to go at some point; there was nothing left for me in the pack. The day the last of the original pack died, I was out hunting with the other cubs. When I came back, I got the only sign I needed to go. The entrance to the cave was blocked by the alfa male, who at the time was still quite a bit larger than me. At the age of 2 and ?, I didn?t stand a chance of getting back to the warmth and relative safety of the cave. I turned and left without even giving the smallest look back.
I immediately headed south, back to the valleys. I knew that without somewhere warm to stay, I?d surely be dead. Food was never a problem at least. The humans often left their food exposed as all wolves? except for me perhaps? had been gone for over a year. There was also an enormous rodent population that served as a food stable should larger prey ever be hard to find. I really had no idea where to go and now, 2 years later, I still have no idea! I?ve been heading south in small jumps. Farther I go; the closer I feel I?m getting to a better climate and maybe perhaps, even a better home. It would be wonderful to have a home again, some day perhaps. For today, I just want to find some shade and sleep. It?s too bad the only thing around here is tall grass. *yawns and lies down* no matter, I ran all last night, I deserve some sleep this day. *places a paw over his eyes* to dream is to gain complete freedom from the world, that?s what my mom always told me as a pup. No I?m *yawn* going to test that for the thousandth time. Goodnight world. *falls asleep*

Mizani
April 7th, 2006, 11:55 AM
((ooc: Firstly Psylant Darkeen, I hope that your character is an Ethiopian wolf, as only animals that live in Africa can be RP'ed in this section mainly because, well, this RP is set in Africa.:bleen:
Secondly, please post a character profile here: http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2285 and if you haven't done so already, please read the rules ( http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2281 ) just so you know what the right way to RP is. Please and thank-you:browlift:))

simbaji
April 7th, 2006, 01:11 PM
ooc: Thanks for joining the thread first of all Psylant. Secondly, Mizani, I'm perfectly capable of moderating my own forum. While I do appreciate your wanting to help, please leave those tasks to me so newcomers to the forum don't feel like they are being talked down to or criticized for actually trying to rp.

simbaji
April 7th, 2006, 01:28 PM
simba watched as Malaika finally rose from the near-dead state he had been in just moments before and a wave of relief washed over him. A smile replaced the worried line that had taken hold during the ordeal. With a quick glance he looked back to Kovujin as well, smiling more as if to say, "see, he'll be alright afterall!", not in any way trying to convey anything other than the shear relief that having worked together, the two cubs were able to help afterall. Even as Malaika fell back to the ground, simba padded up to him and nuzzled in comfort and encouragement.

"Take it easy, it'll take a little longer for everything to heal and work right... I'm glad you're ok. Everything is.. ok, right?"

Malaika
April 7th, 2006, 01:38 PM
[OOC]Welcome psylant. Mizaani I invited Spylant to come RP here. I informed him on the rules and everything. I even told him he would have to RP an animal of africa. I asked him here becasue I knew he was a good RP'er. He's going to help us get this role play back up and running again.

It's funny that you semed to quit RPing with us and the next time you posted was only to yell at my very good friend. I want you to actualy think next time you decied to post here. will you RP again and rejoin us so that we can advance this story or will you just police this forum which is not your job? To simply put it if your not going to role play in this thread then I am going to have to ask you to not post. I would love to see you role play again. If you want go ahead and use the report this post to a moderator.

[BIC] Malaika struged again toget up and this time he stayed though upon shaky legs. Never in his life had he been so weak. He tried not to show that he was weak. especially to Simbaji.

"We...may have...lost a member of this party." Malaika said sadly as he took a few steps. To him it hurt so much that he wanted to sleep a little longer but he stood there looking over the devestation. One lion lay blind still trying to get away but every few fet he would trip as he ran towards his families homeland.

"We need to move now." Mlaika said with a wince. "We're no longer going to my homelands. It's become to dangerous. We are to head north. There we will find more than we are looking for."

Malaika stagered as he tried to walk never waiting for the others to follow. Though the speed of the group was now reduced because of his injuries. He knew they needed to leave the lands they had entered and soon.

MehndiX
April 7th, 2006, 01:57 PM
He could see the fallen lion getting up and slowly moving away. Quicken my pace he thought to himself. He strode along until he finally reached the group.

Greetings, travellers. I couldn't help but over hear about the lose of members. It seems like you are wanted blood? If I may join with you, to aid in some way...?

Malaika
April 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Malaika stopped only for a breif moment and looked back.

"These lions where from no pride and it seems we'll need all the help we can get. You may join us. For now we need to get to some where safe so that we can rest."

Mlaika turned back and began walking slowly again.

MehndiX
April 7th, 2006, 02:21 PM
"Thank you, he said, I had tried to understand what had happened with a lion I had captured, but he would not tell me. The only thing would tell me is of an incurable illness with you. I am sorry for not find out more.

I feel as if I'm walking in unfamiliar grounds. So I will just follow your lead.

Psylant Darkeen
April 7th, 2006, 11:37 PM
[OOC] Yes, I am an Ethiopian wolf, rarest of the wolf species, once thought to be a member of the fox or jackal family due to its fur color and muzzle shape. I?ve done my research on this end! ^_^

[BIC] In the last hours before night, the wolf opens his eyes for a brief moment. He then gets up and stretches before pointing a sharp eye to the horizon. "Funny?" sniffs the air "The wind from the south is blowing some strange scents my way. At least, I don?t think I?ve ever smelled a human camp that smelled like that." Sniffs some more "Whatever it is, it can?t be far off. Even if it isn?t human, maybe it?ll have some food to spare!" Growls "It must have been at least a day since I?ve eaten. Well, as it is in the way of me going farther south, I see no reason not to give it a quick look." The wolf begins trotting lightly off towards the south with a noticeable bounce in his step.

Mizani
April 8th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by simbaji
ooc: Thanks for joining the thread first of all Psylant. Secondly, Mizani, I'm perfectly capable of moderating my own forum. While I do appreciate your wanting to help, please leave those tasks to me so newcomers to the forum don't feel like they are being talked down to or criticized for actually trying to rp.
((ooc: Sorry, didn't mean to make it seem that way. I just thought it seemed a bit odd that someone was posting unannounced. I've seen many new members do it before, was just trying to help, so you can't blame me for doing what I thought was right:uhno:

@ Malaika: I also honestly didn't mean to sound like I was yelling, like I stated before, I was just doing what I thought was right. Also, I would be glad to start RP'ing again, but you don't have to say that if I'm not RP'ing, then its not my business. I had no ill feelings towards Psylant, and I welcome that he is helping in reviving this RP.

And no, I won't report your post, theres no need for things to get nasty over a simple misunderstanding.

@Simbaji: I wasn't doubting your moderating skills, definately not, your excellent at your job. I hope no one thinks differently of me of when I first started RP'ing after this, becuase I don't want it to be that way.))

Kovu The Lion
April 8th, 2006, 07:42 AM
((OOC: No offense to anyone, but I'm not going to be RP'ing anymore here unless someone else continues, (Obvious to tell who) Sorry just don't like the attitude that was taken here just a while ago from something as simple as trying to offer the help and assist in someone to do something, Just not the right way to handle it.. anyways that'll be my post))

Psylant Darkeen
April 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM
OOC: "I fail so see any problems at the moment. Let's continue shall we?"

BIC: As the sun is just about to set, the wolf spots a group of silhouettes on the horizon. ?What in the world are those!? I?ve never seen form like that before. They walk on four legs like wolves and dogs, but their bodies seem more compact and muscular. Their legs aren?t as long and neither are their muzzles.? The wolf squints to get a better view. ?Whatever they are, they?re heading in my direction.? The wolf franticly looked for cover, but all he could see was more grass. ?I- I?ll just lie down, maybe they?ll think I?m dead. Oh, but what if they?re scavengers? Come on think? I?ve gotten out of worse. Well, I? can?t really see them, they?re against the sun. I?ll let them come to me. As soon as I can get a good visual, then I?ll decide to stay or run. Until then, I?m staying low. ?I sure as hell hope they can?t see me at this range.?

Malaika
April 10th, 2006, 02:40 AM
Malaika caught a strange scent on a breeze but ignored it. It wasn't the scent of the lions that had attacked yet it didn't seem like who ever was out there didn't want to attack. If they did they would have tried to stay downwind and be more cautious. With a heavy sighs he just walked on.

simbaji
April 10th, 2006, 01:29 PM
simba was relieved to see Malaika up and moving again. The battle that had taken place and the wounds inflicted were seeming to weigh heavily on the group. Already they had lost sight of Kijana who had gone off to see whta had happened. With no word from him simba could only hope that the lion had found safety elsewhere. He could take comfort though in the fact that Kijana, while disappearing frequently, could also seem to show up at the most unlikely of times and places - but he did show up.

As Malaika moved on he looked back to Kovujin and the others with a look that said that he'd like to say or do more but was just as much a follower as the rest at this point and just as unknowing as to what lay ahead and in store. If Malaika knew he was keeping the majority of it inside or to himself. He wished the older lion would offer more; the more paws there were to help in a situation, the better the chance that things that needed to get done would. And so he got up and followed the lion's lead.

Psylant Darkeen
April 10th, 2006, 11:42 PM
The wolf kept his body as low to the ground as he could as he began to hear the sound of approaching paws. ?Ok- ok? think, I have to- why the hell did I decide to go this way- no, it?s too late now. It sounds like there is more than one, whatever they are; they?re bigger than I am. I can?t think strait! What are they? Why haven?t they attacked? Are they waiting for something? Ok, no more questions, I have to *pant* time to make a decision. I?ll let them get a good look at me, and then if they are hostile, I?ll turn and run. If I can?t outrun them, then I?m a lost cause anyway. If they?re friendly? I guess I?ll just stay put. Ok- 3, 2, 1? um- 2? 1? and? ? damn you wolf, get up!? Now free of his hesitation, the wolf sprung to his feet. With his head against the ground and buried in the grass, he had no idea the strange creatures were so close. He instantly froze in fear of the creatures that were no more that 25 feet away.

Malaika
April 11th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Malaika saw the wolf not far off but ignored him and kept on walking even to the point of passing the wolf.

"Don't mind us." He said gruffly. "We're just passing through."

Psylant Darkeen
April 11th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Never in his life had this wolf been more confused. Such muscular and large creatures had absolutely no interest in him as food. The unthinkable had finally happened, he could no longer rely on the four Fs to get him through life. For once he had to work off of something other than survival instinct. ?HEY!? He shouted just loud enough for the things to hear him. ?Not to be impolite or anything but? what? who are you??

Malaika
April 11th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Malaika stopped and dug his claws into the ground as he looked down upon it. He was still weak but didn't want to have to say much now and so with out turning back he called to the wolf.

"This is not the time or the place to talk. If you want to know anything then follow us. It's not safe here in the open."

The lion walked on triping once but still kept himself held up almost as though he were posesed.

Psylant Darkeen
April 11th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Without any other choice in his mind, the wolf ran over to the group, but made sure not to get too close the one who had spoken to him. He seemed hurt and could be agitated enough to attack him.

simbaji
April 13th, 2006, 01:30 PM
simba made a little eye contact with the wolf that had joined up with them but stayed closer to Malaika and the others. This wolf was a little smaller than the ones he'd been around before but the feelings and reservations he had were enough that he didn't want to get too involved with anything just yet. Still, he followed his friends and the others.

ooc: just woke up.

Psylant Darkeen
April 13th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Trying to shake off the uncomfortable feeling of exclusion he was getting from the group, the wolf decided to speak up. ?My name?s Psylant or, most call me Psy.? He then looked at simba. ?So um? where are we going??

simbaji
April 14th, 2006, 03:32 AM
simba looked to the small wolf as he spoke and tried to not be too avoiding. Were this any other time he wouldn't have been so hesitant to make a friend, but all things considered with the fight and battle that had taken place just a bit ago he felt it was better to exercise some measure of prudence in the matter.

Still he warmed up a little should everything pan out. To be honest he wasn't really sure himself where they were going, not much beyond knowing that they were traveling to Malaika's true homeland. The exact purpose for even that was left to his own imagination as Malaika had never mentioned what their intentions would be, only that it would be dangerous.

"My name's simba.. and I'm not really sure. I know something is happening that Malaika needs to take care of and that we're trying to support him."

Psylant Darkeen
April 14th, 2006, 04:11 AM
The wolf gave a quick nod and smiled. ?Oh and? your friend looks hurt. It sure seems you guys have been through a lot from how you?re acting. I?m not trying to be rude or anything and tell me if I?ve gone too far, but may I ask what happened to you guys??

Malaika
April 14th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Without looking back, Malaika spoke.

"We are being followed by a Shadow. Right now is not the time for triviality. Our priority right now is finding safty."

Looks off in the distance. Mt. Kilimanjaro seemed to burn red in the fading light of the setting sun.

"Eveil has plagued my homelands. We must head north. Once we reach the Vally where the wars took place then we shall be safe."

The walk would take some time but at their pace it would be midnight by the time they reached the valley.

Psylant Darkeen
April 16th, 2006, 08:13 AM
ooc: gonna be gone for the next week, may not be able to post. Just a heads up.

simbaji
April 16th, 2006, 11:21 AM
ooc: thanks for the heads up : )

(wonders if the others are going to post?)

Mizani
April 16th, 2006, 12:06 PM
((ooc: Well I would introduce my character into the story again, but I think you and Malaika's chars should get familar with Psylant's first, as its a bit odd with two new characters coming into an RP so close in first appearence)).

Malaika
April 16th, 2006, 02:35 PM
[ooc]Actually this thread is going to end soon and I will be starting a new thread that wil be semi planned. When we reach the valley lands thats where this one shall end.

Psylant Darkeen
April 17th, 2006, 04:13 AM
The wolf looked back at Malaika. ?Mister um? I forgot your name? um? if there was a war there, why is it supposed to be safe??

simbaji
April 17th, 2006, 04:24 AM
simba padded alongside the group - those that remained - and listened to Malaika and Psylant talk. As they did so his mind wandered a little bit in wondering what they would find where they were going.

Malaika
April 17th, 2006, 04:35 AM
"The reason it is safe is because there is no one there. It is uninhabitable." Malaika said as he stolled on.

The rest of the trip seemed to go on insilence as Malaika had requested that no one made a sound. He would stop every once in a while for like a minute at a time to listen for others. He had grown even more cautious since the fight but it never faded as they left the area of the Heartlands and traveled into the valley where the pride wars began.

Psylant Darkeen
April 20th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Psylant whispered quietly to Simba. ?So what happened to you guys? Why?s he so cautious??

simbaji
April 20th, 2006, 05:27 AM
As they walked along it was clear that Malaika was focused on other things, save for the fact that he also seemed to not want any real distractions. When Psylant's question came to him he whispered back so as not to make too much racket.

"While we were traveling a group of strangers jumped and attacked us. They wanted to kill us and stop Malaika. They almost killed him but we were able to help save him."

He looked back and around and couldn't see Kovujin anywhere. He was worried that he might not see the friend he'd made again. Maybe he was still with the other part of the group. He hoped so. He'd probably be done trying to find or make friends for some time if this one ended hurtfully. As it was they walked on.

Malaika
April 20th, 2006, 03:29 PM
The rest of the days journey was spent in silence as they trodded through the death filled land of pride valley. The plave where the pride wars had once taken the lives of many a lion. Many prides that once flourished no longer exsisted not even in writen history as there became fewer and fewer left who could tell the story. Those that had told tales of the pride war perished in the great poacher war. There is only one alive now who can recount the slaughter that was the poacher war but to him its a distant memory best left forgotten.

Malaika didn't know for sure if he had died just after the last human had been knocked over a cliff adn dragged the lioness with him. It pained Malaika to recall that last battle for the lioness who died for him was his own mother. Though in his eyes he knew that's what she wanted. After having been un-naturally mated she had wanted Malaika to kill her but he wouldnt have it and so left her to her own wills.

Malaika had found a cave in the hill in which they had been walking past. The hill looked like it had been a mountain at one time. But age seemed to erode the land in time. Looking farther north Malaika could see a ravien cut between two platue's(SP). He knew that was where they needed to go through to get to the valley pridelands in the east.

"We must stay here tonight." He said quietly. "Tomorrow we will finish our journey to the pride lands. For now lets rest and let the spirits in these lands protect us as they once helped to protect my Family."

simbaji
April 21st, 2006, 04:38 AM
simba noded without anything else to say. The journey so far had been long and indeed dangerous. They had come across friends and lost friends as well. As he made ready the spot he would sleep in for the night simba looked around, seeing only a scattered few left of those that had started or joined with them.

Curling himself up tightly for the night, the cub looked one last time in the direction he had last seen Kovujin then closed his eyes. He felt both sad and angry at the same time. Why was it that any other cub he made friends with disappeared? Why didn't they stay or be friends longer? Why did anyone make friends, only to offer that friendship with false hopes? Well he was done. It was becomming more and more clear that his lot in life would not include friends of his same apparent age.

Friends, family, it didn't matter. The only ones who seemed to be his constant companions were adults.. and he hated them. Not individually, but for what they stood for, what they represented - the end of youth, the end of a childhood denied by circumstances. If his only friends were to be found in the adult world then so be it. The fire and light of youth would be kept, hidden, and left to die in solitude a little more each day - preserved only by his failing hold on a past that would never be his.

Psylant Darkeen
April 24th, 2006, 12:16 AM
After the walk, the wolf had begun to grow tired. Although he was exhausted by the time they found a place to rest, his nocturnal tendencies kept him awake for most of the night. He found it hard to think he may well never see another original wolf again, let alone his own pack. He had given up hope long ago of ever finding any member of his pack alive. There was nothing he could do. As the last of his pack, there was no way for his pack to survive. His name would be long gone after his death. There was hope however if he could make his way into another pack. For now, this small group of lions was all. He figured eventually, he?d gain some acceptance among them. At the time, they were all he needed. So he closed his eyes for the night.

Malaika
April 24th, 2006, 01:00 AM
OOC: This thread is now being moved to Shadow lands. I am having this post locked.