PDA

View Full Version : The Journey (cont. from second journey)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 11:32 AM
*still panting*"i had a bad dream"

Mizani
June 26th, 2005, 11:35 AM
"what about?" Mizani asked, getting up into a sitting position.

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM
"i had a vision about my family back at home"

Mizani
June 26th, 2005, 12:12 PM
"oh..." Mizani said, knowing that Karifu's old life wasn't exactly wonderful.

"do you need to talk about it?"

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 12:16 PM
"well i have a very bad feeling that they are in deep trouble and i need to help them":alone:

Mizani
June 26th, 2005, 12:19 PM
"what kind of trouble?" Mizani asked, getting kind of worried.

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 12:20 PM
"like their going to get murdered"

Mizani
June 26th, 2005, 12:23 PM
"Who would do such thing??!!"

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 12:27 PM
"a pack of hyenas led by an evil lion"*sobs*

Mizani
June 26th, 2005, 12:34 PM
"that sounds serious!!" Mizani said.

"how soon do you need to leave?"

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 12:37 PM
"somethings telling me to go now,i'm so scared"

Mizani
June 26th, 2005, 12:40 PM
"do you want me to go with you?" Mizani asked.

"there's safety in numbers"

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 12:44 PM
"i would really like that Mizani,i hate being lonley"

Mizani
June 26th, 2005, 12:57 PM
"okay then" Mizani smiled.
Mizani looked at Titus, Malaika and Simbaji.

"should we wait for them?"

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 12:57 PM
"um i'm not sure but i think we should"

Mizani
June 26th, 2005, 12:59 PM
"Yea, they migth go looking for us if we left so suddenly"

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 01:01 PM
"yeah i agree"

Mizani
June 26th, 2005, 01:08 PM
"so we leave in the morning?"

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 01:16 PM
"yeah"*she nods*

Mizani
June 26th, 2005, 01:21 PM
"okay then, good night Karifu" Mizani said.

Mizani smiled as she lay down next to Titus. She knew when he woke he would want to leave aswell.

But what of Malaika and Simbaji?

Malaika seemed eager to return to his home lands so he would probabaly not come.

How long would they be gone? she thought to herself.

Would they be back in time to find Malaika and Simbaji?

Questions swirled around Mizani's head but sleep, made her eyes close and she fell asleep.

Titus
June 26th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Titus opened one eye to Karifu and thought in his mind " Could it be true, could that lion she be talking about is lion who killed my family" Titus closes his eye and falls fully asleep.

Opera Ghost
June 26th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Karifu tossed and turned in her sleep bad thoughts about her family running through her head and then she remebered when she was a cub what her mother had told her.....she had phycic power,she was a min reader,and at the age she is now the powers would work best!

Mizani
June 27th, 2005, 01:17 AM
Mizani opened her eyes to see the sun peaking at her behind the mountians.

Everyone was still sleeping, so she went to get another drink.

Everything sure look beautiful she thought to herself.

As soon as everone woke up, they would surely leave. It wasn't that long ago that she had met this little group and she let out a little sigh as she wondered what she would have done if she had never bumped into Malaika and Simbaji.

simbaji
June 27th, 2005, 01:35 AM
The young cub had stayed by Malaika's side all throughout the night. He felt a small grumble in his tummy and thought of how long they still had to travel. When Malaika had taken off again towards the east they had left the others behind. Not so much that they weren't allowed to follow, but that he seemed to keep moving even though the others weren't right behind. He looked behind them and tried to see Mizani, wondering if they had ever found any food to hunt or eat. Taking a chance he asked up at Malaika.

Do you think we'll be able to find something to eat along the way? I know the others were trying to find something.

Titus
June 27th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Titus opened his eyes as sun light touched his face, he stretches as he yawns and walks to egdes of a huge rock as he watched the sun come over the mountains he seems to be a little depressed about what Karifu just said about the other night he's not mad at er he's just confused and faustrated.

Mizani
June 27th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Mizani noticed Titus on the rock near her.
He seemed to be a bit frustrated and depressed.

"something bothering you Titus?" Mizani asked, giving a comforting smile.

Titus
June 27th, 2005, 05:13 AM
"I'm so confused, i don't know why, what Karifu said the other night i think what she said was that evil lion who killed my family" Titus was kind of even more depressed.

Mizani
June 27th, 2005, 05:24 AM
"oh..." Mizani said, knowing that Titus's pride had been brutally atacked and if the lion that killed his pride was after Karifu's family then....well lets just say their future looked bleak.

"What makes you think that?" She asked.

Titus
June 27th, 2005, 05:38 AM
"My brother Rueiko, told my father that there's a cub far away from here and he told my father that her name was Karifu I never heared of her at that moment but my father was about to leave when the pride came a killed all of the pride, my mother hid me undr a bush when i saw my father die by my brother, he betrayed me father.

"Awwwwww" Titus became more fuastrated and depressed he bangs his paws once on the rock and crys " It's not fair, i'm the one who should of died, not them, i'm the one who did nothing".

Mizani
June 27th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Mizani climbs up on the rock next to Titus, settling herself down next to him and licks away his tears that are flowing down his face.

"I'm sure your father wouldn't have wanted you to be hurt in a fight Titus"

"Besides,.." Mizani said tidying up is mane a bit.
"Thats just the way life goes. We can't always choose what we would like to happen"

Titus
June 27th, 2005, 06:30 AM
"your right if i keep this up there no telling what will happen but, Rueiko, my brother......Why.....Why betray father, he was a great king, who did great things, why betray him?"

Mizani
June 27th, 2005, 06:43 AM
"sadly some lions are like that" She said.

"I'm sure your father was a good lion" She smiled.

Titus
June 27th, 2005, 06:15 PM
"thanks" Titus looks what Mizani did to his main it looked funny and looked a liittle werid.

Malaika
June 28th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Malaika thought about simba's question. He had been up all night unable to sleep. He sighed as he thought about the terible war that had once engulfed his prides home lands. How he had fought against the very creature that he had grown to fear but later over came and destroyed. He wished he had known who had saved him. The lioness that had risked her life to kill the last of the humans. They both had gone over the cliff.

With a sigh he whispered into simba's ear.

"I'm sorry about food. If you want a zebra or something they will have to hunt for you. unless you can hunt. I'm not the kind of lion who hunts weither it be for sport or food."

Mizani
June 28th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Mizani smiled.
"No problem"

She hopped down from the rock and noticed that everyone was awake.

"Any one want to come hunting with me?" She asked, her tail twitching in anticipation.

Titus
June 28th, 2005, 06:57 AM
"I would like to go with ya"

Malaika
June 28th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Malaika's muzzles twitched for a second and made up a lame exscuse.

"I'll stay here and atch simba. Be sure to bring him something. I will be fine without, thanks."

Mizani
June 29th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Mizani smiled and nodded at Malaika.

"what about you Karifu?" She asked.

Opera Ghost
June 29th, 2005, 08:18 AM
"yeah il'l come "!

Mizani
June 29th, 2005, 08:27 AM
"Good, then lets go" Mizani grinned, bounding off in the direction of the herds.

Opera Ghost
June 29th, 2005, 08:34 AM
"hey wait for me "
Karifu followed Mizani laughing

Malaika
June 29th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Malaika watched as the others left for the heards. He couldn't stand to watch other animals be killed or hunted. even if it was for food. He laid his head down between his paws and looked up at the dawning sky. It burned a firey red while the sun unknowingly climbed into the sky. Malaika sighed and closed his eyes thinking about what lay ahead and hoped that while everyone was off hunting he could have some time alone with the cub.

Mizani
June 30th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Mizani grinned.
She loved the feel of the wind against her face.
She ran on to the top of a small cliff that overlooked the herds.

'So many to choose from' she thought to herself.

She looked behind her and laughed.

"hurry up you two" Mizani smirked, seeing Karifu and Titus still running.

"At this rate, it'll be dinner time"

Titus
July 7th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Titus catches up with Mizani right next to her

Mizani
July 7th, 2005, 02:53 AM
"So what are you gonna lead again?" She asked, laughing to herself when she remembered what happened to Titus last time.

simbaji
July 8th, 2005, 01:18 PM
simba too watched as the others left. he hoped that there would be enough for him to have a bite as well. If not he'd survive. He'd done so before and for longer periods. As he layed down, watching the others journey off for food, he recalled the days when Fernando used to keep him company. The two would sit either in the shade or branches of a tree that had become special to both of them and watch the days or nights go by. Fernando would often bring the cub a feast of almonds and berries, sometimes other things as well. He missed those times.

The day was quiet around simba, Malaika and the others for the most part. Soon that would change, not only for the heards being hunted by others of their party, but also for the inhabitants of the land they were all slowly making their way towards. He knew that Fernando had no more love of humans than many of the animals that had consistantly suffered at their hands, but he also couldn't help but wonder if any of them that had been involved in the pride wars Malaika often spoke of were related to his sole-trusted human friend. So many things to uncover, so many things to go wrong. In time he was certain that many of all of their best dreams and worst nightmares would be realized.

Titus
July 8th, 2005, 03:43 PM
"trust me on this one it won't happen again"

Malaika
July 9th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Malaika sighed inwardly and shook his head slowly hopiong not to draw the attention of the cub. Things were turning out to take longer than he had wanted. at the rate everyone was going they would be there by the wet season. Not that he minded the wet season but it was a difficult journey to make in the dry season let alone the wet season. The water seemed to add more weight and would slow anyone down.

His sky blue eyes looked down upone the dry cracked earth where he was sitting. He knew the ground had been hard but didn't realise he had laid himself down on baren ground. It was no wonder he couldn't sleep. other than the fact that he couldn't get things off his mind.

Malaika would wait till every one was done eating before he would inform them of what he was going to do. he knew they wouldn't like it but they didn't have to come along. He needed to get to his homeland. Something told him he would find more than his familes secret.

Mizani
July 12th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Titus
"trust me on this one it won't happen again"
"I hope not" Mizani smiled.
She looked behind her to see where Karifu was.

Titus
July 12th, 2005, 02:47 PM
"wait a second"Titus stops running and turns the other way"where's Karifu?" Titus looking around.

Opera Ghost
July 13th, 2005, 01:56 PM
karifu goes up to titus
karifu :hey im here

Mizani
July 13th, 2005, 01:57 PM
"Is it alright with you if Titus leads, or do you want to?" Mizani smiled.

Opera Ghost
July 13th, 2005, 02:02 PM
karifu:i don't mind at all*she smiles*

Mizani
July 13th, 2005, 02:06 PM
"Cool, then we're right behind you Titus" Mizani smirked.

Opera Ghost
July 13th, 2005, 02:38 PM
"yeah lead the way Titus"

simbaji
July 13th, 2005, 08:19 PM
simba sighed as he looked around. He was getting anxious to move on but started to realize that the goal that had been their journey into the homelands of Malaika was starting to be lost, even to the older lion whose journey it had been in the first place. Even if he had gone with the others to hunt he would be feeling the same desire to continue. The cub's gaze drifted back and forth between Malaika, the direction the others had gone off to hunt in again and the direction of Malaika's homeland. It was becoming obvious that something had to be done. The rogues they had stumbled upon seemed more intent on hunting time and again and Malaika was starting to be content, even if frustrated, to wait for them to return before continuing on. At this pace they might as well abandon the journey altogether, and that was something that simba would not let happen. He knew that what they were doing was important enough to Malaika. With that the young cub got up and shook his pelt of the dusted earth and looked at Malaika.

"We should go... If the others truely want to join they'll find us and catch up."

Titus
July 14th, 2005, 09:45 PM
"Ok what should we hunt first there's a lot of herds out today" Titus doesn't know what to hunt he has a hard descion on what to hunt first.

((I can't spell that word descion or what ever it means))

simbaji
July 15th, 2005, 03:45 AM
The young cub turned and began to make the first few steps towards Malaika's homelands. He found it ironic that he was trying now to help the older lion complete a journey when he himself had several others of his own that waited to be played out. The scene of the land before him was almost errie. The winds were calm and carried nothing more than the stale heat of an unrelenting sun. As his eyes peered around he saw little in the way of shade or others means of cover save for one tree in the distance that had long since thrived in this unforgiving place. Birds used it now, with several flying in the air near one of the dry and aged branches before landing. Two or three would circle and then land, setting off a chain reaction of another set taking flight. They didn't stray from the tree.

A fly landed on his ear and he twitched it to get the intrepid insect off. With that he started moving. He knew Malaika wouldn't stay laying down for long once he saw that simba was serious about moving on. The cub's stomach growled again and reminded him that he would need something along the way. It was too bad that the others they had met up with had never found anything, or at the very least share at some point if they had. But then, there was no reason for them to. Rogues did not survive by helping others and he could think of no reason that Mizani or the others would feel compeled to break with that. Still, even a drink of water would be nice. Perhaps they would find something along the way, a forgotten stream or small watering hole; anything to help take the bite out of the searing light that flooded the day.

Step by step he moved. Determination had set in. And just as the cub had thought those thoughts he felt a stab of pain ripple through his chest, causing him to pause in his steps a moment. He tried to hide the pain it caused but wasn't sure how successful he had been. A flood of thoughts and understandings rushed through his mind's eye and then left as quickly as it had come. He was left bereft of any understanding of what had just happened, much less and meaningful remembrance of what he had been shown; he was however filled with a certain sense of calm and fear. Things would soon come to a crux. The events would not be pleasant but perhaps after.. after there would be peace. There would be calm, the calm that he had longed for for much longer than anyone truely knew.

As he lifted his gaze from his brief lapse his eyes once again fell on the birds in the distance. A realization begged for his attention and he felt himself naive for not having seen it sooner. The birds were not simply flying from point to point or looking for a place to rest, the were circling something. His ears perked and his senses were brought to full attention. A body that had been content to be forced in it's present course of action became alert and ready to follow any command it needed to carry out. For some reason he could not place there was something different he was sensing about what lay in the near distance. The thing that caught his attention two-fold was the fact that he got the sense that what they would find would be more than just a simple stray zeebra or other such beast that met it's life's unavoidable end. With only a brief glance back he called out to his friend.

"Malaika! Out there in the distance.. something's not right."

Malaika
July 15th, 2005, 03:57 AM
The older lion got up slowly letting the days sun still warm him. he looked out upon the horrizon at what the cub was seeing and couln't make out what it was but sure enough something didn't feel right. Those who do try to journey this land know naught of the perils await them but malaika knew he knew that if you have never traveled it before with some one then it best be wise not to travel at all. Yet he still wanted to push on since he knew he could make it.

Malaika strolled up behind the cub giving him some shade since he towered over the cub even if by just a couple feet.

"Let us check it together but stay close to me. There are those whom even in death wish not to be found."

Even though Malaika didn't want the cub to come he knew there would be no stopping him. Instead he requested the cub to stay close.

Malaika's ears flattened as they slowly pressed closer.

simbaji
July 15th, 2005, 04:26 AM
"Ok"

The cub replied, not happy about feeling like he was on a tether but content enough that at least they were heading to whatever it was that was out there. Malaika had said, 'There are those whom even in death wish not to be found.' Just then a thought occurred to him, 'What if the dead did want to be found?' It was an altogether creepy thought that brought a quick chill down the length of his back and leaving his fur noticably on end. A few moments later his pelt gradually rested back in place, formed to his young frame. He looked up and was pretty sure that Malaika had not seen him get slightly freaked out like that and was glad. It had nothing to do with him having to explain at that point so much as it had to do with him wanting to not look like he was easily spooked. Leaders should have more resolve he thought.

The shade offered by the older lion was very welcome and he kept pace easily. simba was sure that Malaika was not as apprehensive about what they might find judging by the gate they were traveling at, but then he also judged that Malaika had not felt what he himself had felt not but a few minutes past when he first realized something was amiss. Still, even he himself was unsure of what they would find and it could be very well probable that his own misgivings were misplaced - though he had long since learned to be trusting of such feelings as they rarely proved unwarrented. Of course at that point he was left to concede that he then didn't follow those instincts as often as he should - a flaw he noted in the back of his mind to work on.

The grasses and earth beneath his paws were dry yet not entirely brittle. Even in the hot african sun it was possible for many types of vegitation to retain some measure of defiance against the incesant heat, even if only provisionally. Moving his attentions from the ground to the sky he trainned his eyes once again on the birds flying methodically about a single point. No visible form could be made out yet but it was clear that far from a rove of innoculous crowned plovers or other such fowl that these birds were indeed carion - vultures. At seeing this he knew that whatever it was that they would find would be the remnants of death brought about by one fashion or another, but he still could not figure out why he would be so concerned as to what they would find. It wasn't like he hadn't seen hunted prey before, much less eaten such kills. Time would tell, and none to delayed in doing so as they neared their brief destination.

Mizani
July 15th, 2005, 10:00 AM
"Ok what should we hunt first there's a lot of herds out today" Titus doesn't know what to hunt he has a hard descion on what to hunt first.

((I can't spell that word descion or what ever it means))
((ooc: did you mean "decision"?))
"how about we pick off that old Wildebeast?" Mizani grinned, licking her lips.
What Mizani said was true. The animal had lived a full life.
It lifted its head up, to search for predators, but it didn't smell the young lions.

Opera Ghost
July 16th, 2005, 06:27 AM
"yeah good idea mizani" Karifu said with a grin

Titus
July 17th, 2005, 05:39 AM
((thank you that's the word i'm looking for))

"that's not a bad idea at all, let's get going" Titus creeps up to the wildebeast watching every footstep it took, he finalyin got in attacked distance"Got ya where I want ya" Titus runs at the wildebeast and jumps on it's back tackleing it to the grassy ground.

Mizani
July 17th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Mizani ran over to the struggling Wildebeast, and put her weight on it, so as to hold it while Titus finshed the job.
"Better then last time" She laughed, while panting a bit, after the run.

Titus
July 17th, 2005, 04:02 PM
panting hard then Mizani Titus was surprised that he brought the wildebeast down"I guess so" laughs with her"well let's eat"

simbaji
July 17th, 2005, 05:21 PM
As Titus and Mizani prepared to sit down and eat the vultures that simba had seen were busy eating a meal of their own. The cub and older lion were nowhere close to where they had been left by the group of rogues they had stumbled upon. It had taken longer than simba had thought to reach the point where they could see what had only been the subject of curiosity and speculation, but what he saw when they finally reached a range where they could see was more than he bargained for.

There, in the short distance, was what the carion had been circling. A human. Though disfigured from death and being feasted upon the form was unmistakable. simba immediately froze. He was mortified as the first thought's that ran through his mind were that it was Fernando. He couldn't even begin to think of what he would do if it were. Limbs and muscles that had willingly carried him this far froze and trembled. He tried to speak, remembering that just because it was a human didn't mean that it was Fernando. And the leader of the Mizaati Mara Pride needed to also show that he was capable of facing such horrific events even if it were - one of the legacies adults had no doubt also crafted to fit their distorted view of the world, a world he had found himself thrust in.

"M... Malaika... do you see it? It's.. it's human. It's not Fernando is it?"

simba did his best to compose himself. Fernando had been the only human he had ever trusted and the only one he ever would. The two had met during one of simba's playful excursions into the strange land he had woken up in one day. A land that would become his home - in spirit if not in territory. Fernando had been missing for some time, and even though the human tried to assure the cub many times that things were ok, he still worried, still missed the times when he would care for simba - nurturing a relationship and bond of deep trust and love, cementing a friendship that exceeded any normal bounds in this life and the life to come.

It would take a few minutes for Malaika to investigate what they had found. Fortunatlly for simba he would not find his fears validated. However, what would be discovered would still be more than they expected. Just because simba's fears would prove to be unwarrented did not mean that Malaika would be as fortunate. For the older lion too had had dealings with humans. And what he would find when he investigated would have it's own impact. A nightmare revisited. Reborn. This was not a simple villager who had died. Messengers were found in the strangest of times and circumstances. Death did not always keep them from fullfilling their task either.

Malaika
July 17th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Malaika crept forward and looked upon the human. A shiver fled down his spine and into his tail as the visions of war flooded his mind. How long ago had it been since that war? Could this human hed been sent to get reinforcments? Why had they attacked in the first place. From the looks it wasn't fernando and so Malaika had to assure the cub, though he himself couldn't tell.

"I'm... not sure. It doesn't look like him. Then all humans look alike to me."

The older lion looked away not wanting to see how simba had taken that. He should have been a little more charasmatic and even more sympathetic. After all Fernando was the only human he ever trusted. He became Malaika's brother not long after they had met. Fernando had healed him of his anger and hatred. yet in the end in that final battle it consumed him. Took everything he loved away from him and helped him start a new. Yet even then it still hurt those who where around him for with no recolection of who they were he lived a sheltered life on the edged of the pridelands in which had come to know them as the Mizaati Mara. Since those where the only words he actually remeberd at that time. It was a teen lioness who eventually brought him back around to whom every one was. In his greif he slowly visited simba frequently trying to pull everything back together. What had upset him even more durring that time was how he had fallen in love with simba's adoptive son elementalfox, though Malaika didn't know why simba had adopted a son nor did he understand how simba remained a cub while his own daughter, Imbali, grew into aldulthood. He stood and watched as elementalfox took the young cubs claw and slit his own throat.

Malaika looked away at the thought yet he could not shake it as all the events he ever knew flooded back to him like the tide.

It was his own daughter Imbali, then in her adolesent stage that had helped him regain his memory.

With a sigh he looked closer at the human now lying dead and half eaten in front of him. On his haft torn arm was a symbol wich he recognized only from his nightmares. It was the symbol of the valley pride.

simbaji
July 17th, 2005, 06:39 PM
simba tried to keep from making comments about Malaika's perception of humans. While it was true that the cub didn't trust any of their kind, he didn't have the rage and hatred that Malaika had; much less that he also hated it when the older lion put Fernando in the same category as the rest of humanity. Fernando was nothing like the others of his kind.

The cub padded closer and saw what Malaika himself was seeing. While he was sure that he himself wasn't feeling or thinking the same things that Malaika was at this sight, he knew that there was more than a simple death here. For while simba didn't know much about Malaika's past when it came to the wars he had been in he did recognize the symbol on the human. Something was diffinately not right.

"What is it? The symbol, what does it mean?"

Malaika
July 17th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Malaika looked back at simba then back again at the symbol.

"That symbol is of the Valley pride. Back before the great pride wars there was a human group whom still kept the old ways who could in fact speak with my great grandfathers pride. They disapeared and the ways of the ancients was lost. There is a rumor that my great uncle Chaos had killed them or chased them off. But he died in the great Pride wars. Nothing more is known to me about this tribe other than they helped to protect my family. If they are still around they may be able to help me look for what I need to know. Could they know the reason why the other humans attacked my pride?"

Malaika thought back to all he had been told about the Pride wars. Both his father and his uncle had fought against their uncle, Chaos. In the middle of the battle the walls started to collaps. It burried Chaos while the other two left. But no one saw weither Chaos was dead or not. Was it possible that he could still be alive? 'No thats just crazy.' Malaika thought to himself. There is no way that his Evil uncle could still be alive. If he was then he would have already come after him. He knew from his uncle Asikari that Chaos didn't much like humans. The only thing Malaika would be able to do now is search his homelands in the shadow's of Mt. Kilimanjaro to find the answer he needed.

"We must go now. We must not waste any more time."

simbaji
July 17th, 2005, 09:20 PM
simba nodded in agreement. The cub looked back and wondered about Mizani and the others. In such a short time it had seemed as though they had found friends in eachother. Hunger and other factors seemed to intervene and now they were seperated. He hoped that sometime soon they'd be able to meet up again. He was hopeful that the few brief moments weren't all that there were to friendships found in the middle of nowhere. Heaven knows he'd made and lost enough friends to such circumstances. Now it was only time that would tell if their paths would meet again. He knew he and Malaika could wait no longer.

As eyes that held a sunset amber peered back to where he had last seen Mizani and the others venture off to he hoped they were ok. In his mind he wished them well and hoped for a reunion shortly then turned to look at Malaika once more. He could tell that what they had found was important and left them perhaps shorter time than they had thought to see their journey through.

"I'm ready"

Malaika
July 17th, 2005, 10:08 PM
"In order that we get there sooner i will carry you and run. We will cover more ground that way."

simbaji
July 17th, 2005, 10:18 PM
simba sighed. He hated feeling like he held others up just cause he was smaller than them. Afterall, he'd proven himself able in many other circumstances. He knew though that Malaika wanted to make as much headway as possible.

"Ok, but just for a little bit."

The thought of being carried by the nape of his neck for great distances didn't thrill him. Just because it didn't hurt immensly didn't mean that it didn't feel uncomfortable.

Mizani
July 18th, 2005, 08:09 AM
panting hard then Mizani Titus was surprised that he brought the wildebeast down"I guess so" laughs with her"well let's eat"
Mizani grinned and sunk her teeth into the carcass.

The flesh tasted juicy, and she remembered her first hunt as the Wildebeasts sweet blood dribbled down her chin.

Mizani lifted her head.

"Great catch Titus" She smiled, enjoying the feast.

Titus
July 18th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Titus lifted his haed with blood dribbling down his chin.

"thanks took me a while to bring it down though non like the antalope i hunted the other day that was first time that happened to me personaly." he smiled back and gets back to eating.

Malaika
July 19th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Malaika grabbed simba by the scruff of the neck and proceeded to race of into the distance. He knew full well they could at least make it a quarter of the way there by nightfall and they wouldn't stopp till the moon was little more than halfway into the night sky.

simbaji
July 19th, 2005, 03:49 AM
simba could do little more than hang in Malaika's maw as they traveled. It had been a long time since he had been carried like this. And he wished he could remember when it was his mom that had held him like this, not some stranger met later in his life. It wasn't that he really thought of Malaika as a stranger or was spiteful or regretful of having met the older lion, it was just that now, at times like this, he really missed his family - his true family.

So little was given for him to remember and none of it by his own will. The family that had raised him, the father that had sired him, the mother that cared and watched over - they were all gone. It saddened him that almost an even half of what memory he had recalled through flashbacks were good and bad. It made it hard when he was desperate to recall anything of the family he had come from and was left even to try and draw comfort from the sight of watching his own mother and father slayed before his eyes.

There were good times too, though - he had to remind himself. Playing in the fields with his brother and sister, his dad taking time to talk with him and watch the sunsets. Such a beautiful life and yet someone saw fit to take it away - to steal something that did nothing more than shine as a model of hope for what any pride or family could hope for. There would come a day when he would find his own answers. Even as Malaika journeyed to seek his own, the cub was always wondering when and where the next clue to his own past might be and where it would take him.

Mizani
July 19th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Titus lifted his haed with blood dribbling down his chin.

"thanks took me a while to bring it down though non like the antalope i hunted the other day that was first time that happened to me personaly." he smiled back and gets back to eating.
Mizani turned around to see if Karifu was coming.

Malaika
July 20th, 2005, 04:17 AM
It was getting close to late afternoon when Malaika had to let simba down so he could breath. He couldn't seem to get enough air through his noe and so let simba down so he could pant and take in the nice air through his muzzle.

"Have I told you the story about my family? As to how they ended up in the heartlands? or that they were originaly from another pride?"

Malaika couldn't help but ask the cub since he couldn't remeber whom he told what. He kept losing bits and peices of his memory. It was a thiing he hated. he knew what it was like to lose his memory after the battle that nearly claimed his life. but also it helped to cleans himself of the evil that had corrupted him. yet some how he just accepted that he was getting older and starting to lose small bits and peices of his memory anyway.

Kovu The Lion
July 20th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Name: Kovujin
Species:Lion
Pride: No known pride, Wonders around byself looking for a place to stay
Color of Fur:
Main Body Color: Black
Muzzle Paws and tail fur: Golden Yellow
Eye Color: Green
History: Has no history, He can't remember anything of his past.
Information about him: He likes to help out anyone he can.

Malaika
July 21st, 2005, 05:37 AM
OOC: before I continue on with this role play i would just like to take a moment to inform all who read this and wish to post that this has nothing whatsoever to do with TLK. We enjoy having others around to join in this story that will actually be writen as an actual book. I will explain the story so far for others. Malaika followed simba from the mizaati pridelands into another land filled with many ther animals he had never met and while dreaming one night malaika receives a message that he needs to return to his homeland to learn the secret of his family. along the way they had encountered many new friends but as time moved on Malaika and simba grew restless and wanted to get moving while everyone else was off hunting for food. The pair stubbled over a dead human who happened to have been part of a tride that had known the ways of the ancients and could speak to animals. Though the tribe had dissapeared. They had protected the valley pride, Malaika's family roots. there is much there that is missing but can be filled in and in greater detail when the time comes. but now Malaika and simba are off towards mt. kilimanjaro where Malaika's knew his home once was. I will be posting soon and hope we can get more characters involved especially the ones for the rouges who hate Malaika. if you would like to know why they hate Malaika please contact me through im on the board. thakns for takig the time to read this i sure appreiciate the time and effort every one places into their characters.

Kovu The Lion
July 21st, 2005, 05:45 AM
((Ah okay i'll keep that in mind the next time i post, I was wondering too what was going on hehe..Thanks))

Kovu The Lion
July 21st, 2005, 05:49 AM
Kovujin looked across the lands and saw Two Lions, A Cub, And an older one. He decided to go meet these two. He ran up to the two lions and greeted both, "Hello my name is Kovujin. What brings you two here?"

Opera Ghost
July 21st, 2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Mizani
Mizani turned around to see if Karifu was coming.
Karifu:hey whats the matter???!!

Nela
July 22nd, 2005, 12:23 AM
((Hello! Where do I post Nela's description? I'd love to play...^^ Also, can someone fill me in on what's going on...?))

Kovu The Lion
July 22nd, 2005, 01:41 AM
((Just post your characters description right here hehe, and for whats going on go to the Page before this and read what malaika said.))

simbaji
July 22nd, 2005, 02:07 AM
ooc: what Kovukin said is cool : ) also, if you set you display to show all posts ever for this forum there is a topic for character descriptions : ) nice to have you aboard, both of you : )

bic:

simba's neck was sore. He'd lost track of how many times he'd been bounced this way and that, swung one way or the other as Malaika carried him by the scruff of his neck in the older lion's maw as they traveled. He couldn't thank the stars enough that Malaika decided to take a break!

The cub tried to massage the back of his neck with his paw but to little avail. Lion's just weren't meant to be able to do things as easily as other species. Of course there were advantages that his species had as well. simba decided to try and groom himself instead, lapping his fur back into place as best he could from the dissheveling journey.

It had been minutes or perhaps a half hour more after they had stopped that he heard something. His ears perked and swivelled, followed quickly by the rest of his head - his eyes trainning on... another cub? He'd seen more and more cubs during the last little while than normal. Of course he'd nearly given up hope of trying to regain his own sense of youth. Fate seemed intent on him being stuck in a world he didn't belong. Still he smiled and was happy in any regard at seeing another.

"Hi! My name's simbaji or simba if you prefer. We're on a journey. How about you?"

Kovu The Lion
July 22nd, 2005, 02:10 AM
"Hi Simbaji! My names Kovujin, I got lost from my Pride.. I'm trying to find someone who i could travel with. I can run pretty fast i'm sure i can keep up with you two if you wouldnt mind?"

((OOC: Geesh Simbaji your posts are long hehe))

Malaika
July 22nd, 2005, 02:20 AM
Malaika looked back at the newcomer and sighed loking up at the now mid evening sky. He would of course take the time to allow the cub to follow and hopefully return him to his own pride. yet he also didn't want to waste anymore time. He needed to know what was so important about his on family that his father had to visit him one last time.

"are you sure you can keep up? I can only carry one at a time. lest one of you wants to ride on my back."

Malaika felt he had been a little two harsh in his words to the young one. then he thought about the direction he was traveling and which way the cubs pride was. Then it dawned on him that once the pride realized that they had lost there little one that they might do anything in their power to find him even if it ment killing them. The more he thought the more he wanted to just get out of there and take simba with him. He was really starting to worry about the whole situation but he calmed hiself down and tried to take it in stride. He introduced himself quickly to the cub then turned to look for some place that he could hide if anyone did come looking for the child.

"Before I forget my name is Malaika."

Kovu The Lion
July 22nd, 2005, 02:23 AM
"Hello Malaika, Well now that you consider it.. hehe I don't think i can run quite as fast as you" Kovujin looked Malaika up and down seeing muscles everywhere on his body... "If you wouldnt mind i would ride on your back?" Feeling bad about still being a cub and not being able to run as fast as this lion could.

Kovu The Lion
July 22nd, 2005, 02:25 AM
(OOC: Kovujin thinks that his Pride Purposely left him, His Mother and Father died in a war. so there was no use for him anymore))

simbaji
July 22nd, 2005, 03:27 AM
ooc: only sometimes are they long (smiles) sometimes i just like writing since it took me a long time to be able to get to that point. mainly just like having fun : )

bic:

simba smiled at Kovujin. He felt bad that he had been left to wander on his own but was glad that the other cub had run into them. Maybe there was some small chance.

"Hehe, better be careful, he won't go easy on you, my neck can attest to that."

He grinned again then padded up to Kovujin.

"It'd be great to have someone else along!"

Kovu The Lion
July 22nd, 2005, 03:31 AM
"Would you like to ride on his back?" Kovujin said looking at Simbaji's neck

Malaika
July 22nd, 2005, 03:43 AM
Malaika looked at the two and realised it would slow the journey down even more even wear him out quicker. He looked up at the firey red sun sinking slowly to the west.

"Shall we press on? We'll walk untill the sun disapears behind the horizon."

The older lion thought about the first journey he ever made alone from the heartlands to the Mizaati Mara. He hadn't planned on going to the Mizaati. He just wanted away from his home. Away from the trouble it was in. Yet he had gone back once even though it had cost him in the end. All the prides of the east had joined forces for the final push against the humans. The war to let the humans know that the animal kingdom would not yeild to them. They had, after all, lost the ways of the ancients. But something did not seem right. They had been there for many seasons and only later did they decide to attack.

Malaika's mind reeled at the thought. Had some one controled them? Was there some one or some thig that could cause them to destroy many prides? The more he thought the more he needed the answers. and the only place he was going to get them where in his home lands....no! Not there. That is where part of the secret lay. He would have to travel northward from there and enter his granfathers former land. A forbidden land that was only accessable by going through a valley pass. A place where the true answers were. After all he had been told. After all he had been through the end wouldn't be close at all. There was more to things than he ever thought. The first leg f the journey though would help him find the first part of the question. The second part would be found out by entering the land of the Valley Pride.

Kovu The Lion
July 22nd, 2005, 03:52 AM
Kovujin looked up at Malaika he seemed to be in deep thought, He wondered about this lions past, Maybe he was part of some Mysterious pride that Had moved on without him, What if he was like him, well he did'nt really know and didn't care all he knew was that he had met two more people that he can call friends. Simbaji and Malaika. Simbaji looked about the same age as him.. He also wondered if Simbaji and Malaika were related in anyway. They seemed really close, maybe they were brothers, or father and son. Or they were just close friends.

simbaji
July 22nd, 2005, 04:49 AM
"That sounds good. Maybe we can even find some water real fast."

He looked to Kovujin. Perhaps the other cub knew of a place since he had wandered these parts at least a little. He looked back to Kovujin to wonder just as much. He wondered why the cub was out here on his own. But then, anyone would wonder the same of him. Maybe not this time since he was travelling with Malaika, but he'd been on more than his fair share of journeys and explorations on his own and come across curious others.

He had tried so hard and so many times too to make or keep friends close to his age but to no avail. But then his age was relavent, or rather irrelevant. For while he looked to be no more than perhaps 6 months or so in age, he'd seen more seasons and generations than most he'd come across. One day he'd find the reason for his apparent 'condition'. Until then he would do what he could - take the leasons he was able to learn and apply them. Lead where possible and hope for the chance to live even a shred of the childhood he'd lost from having been thrust in a world of adults.

Malaika
July 22nd, 2005, 05:01 AM
"if thats where we are heading then we shall camp out by the banks."

Malaika just moved on at a medium pace. He looked back at simba asnd thought about the times they have had together. From the first time they met it was a great feeling. A great relationship had bloomed between the two. Evene though he had hurt and harmed him when he had lost his memory. The love they shared seemed estranged now but that didn't keep Malaika from trying to protect him. The older lion would do anything for the cub. Even if it ment losing his own life to protect him.

Malaika stopped a short distance from a waterhole and sighed thinking about many things. He hoped that maybe simba was shareing the same feeling that he was. only time would tell.

The older lion found a near-by acacia tree and plopped down in the shade feeling detached and alone. Saddness enveloped him wondering what was in store for either of them. He hadn't expressed his love for the cub latly and felt like there love was slipping away. quietly he whispered under his breath.

'I love you simba.'

The words left his muzzle and floated upon the wind.

Kovu The Lion
July 23rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Kovujin took a few laps of the water at the waterhole and cocked his head to the right looking at Malaika, He looked sad, Kovujin thought maybe he could go over and cheer him up. Kovujin padded over to the acacia tree and sat down next to Malaika and swished his tail back and forths, sometimes his tail would hit against Malaika's side.
"Hey how are you doing?, you look Really sad, is there anything I could do for you?" Kovujin asked.

Kovujin thought this lion needed a lot of cheering up, So he tried to cheer him up, but he probably wouldnt it seemed like he'd been sad for a very long time. Kovujin still had some questions also about the new lions he met.

"Mr Malaika, Where do you come from?, What Pride? I came from the Jeshi Pride of the Southern Border Lands. But no one knows about them because they are a wandering Pride, we had no place to call home. We would stay somewhere for a night then just leave and go to the next place." Kovujin explained to Malaika.

Malaika
July 24th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Malaika forced a smile, which looked convincing, and spoke softly to the young one.

"Mister? No one has ever called me mister before but I come from a pride that no longer exsists. I am from the Heartland lion pride which was all but wiped out a few seasons back. Though I now live with, my mate, with the Mizaati Mara pride."

With that he turned away slowly dropping his smile. He looked over at simba and sighed.

"Perhaps I could tell you the whole tale. A tale of how I ended up in the Mizaati Mara pridelands and how we ended up this far east."

Malaika looked back at the cub his smile no longer there but a half saddened look hanging from his time etched face. With all the wizdom he had gathered and everything he had been through seemed to show more now than ever. The etchings could not be seen very well but sure enough they would one day make a great apearance. He was, after all just past his prime.

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 02:55 AM
simba had heard Kovujin's questions and Malaika's responses. To be sure he didn't know what to say. He was glad to have someone else around and hoped, for the hundredth time, that maybe one of the friends he made out on his journeys away from his homelands would stay around longer than a few days - sometimes even hours. As it was he was left to setting his sights on the horizon. He looked at the other cub and smiled - thought about what life used to be like so long ago when he and the few other cubs would play, even for a time his brother Tkovu. Those days were gone now and so were any significant hope of finding them again. All he could do was play the role he'd found himself in and secretly hope on those lone, summer nights that the life he'd lived for so brief a time was not lost to time altogether - like so many other things.

He looked and saw Malaika's face and sighed inwardly as well. So many things had changed for so many reasons. The best he could do at the moment now was try to offer some semblance of sympathy - to do more and with any noticable passion would rob him of his own thoughts and feelings on the events that had played out the last season or two. He got up and padded a little closer to Kovujin then sat, curling his tail around his own paws as he looked at the two. He was ready to continue on their way. Likewise he understood that questions and reminiscings might have their time as well. No matter the course, he was, for now, here and supportive.

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Kovujin looked at Malaika again, It seemed he was sad again, Nothing could keep this Lion happy for more than 10 minutes it seemed. Kovujin answered

"Sure i'll hear your story, But if we have to be moving sooner or later you might want to tell it to me on the Road"

Kovujin saw Simbaji come up and sit beside him, He seemed to be in deep thought, Were these two lions searching for the same thing, did Simbaji come from the Heart land Pride too? so many questions went through Kovujin's mind. He didn't want to ask to many questions because asking to much is nosy and bad, He didn't want to put a bad reputation on him as a nothing but someone who talks all the time. Kovujin looked at Simbaji,

"So how old are you?".. "I'm about 5 months old" Kovujin smiled,

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 03:17 AM
He smiled back at the other cub. He could tell by the way he was being looked at that Kovujin had some questions or, at the least, trepidations about approaching him. He didn't want to scare him off though.

"I'm not sure... I've been able to remember about 5 or so full seasons now, and even have flashbacks to times before that, but have always seemed to look the same as I do now.. maybe 6 months or so."

He had his own story to tell. Many, in fact. But he'd hold off for now. simba would happily answer as best he could any questions put to him, but found it hard to even know where to start - unless he did so from the beginning of his memories. And that many seasons worth meant so many were able to be talked about.[/i]

"Maybe along the way you can tell me about you and your family too?"

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Kovujin smiled at Simbaji "Sure I would be glad to"

Kovujin had finally found somone he could travel with, it was getting very lonely out there by himself eating bugs and things, he was to young to hunt so he couldnt eat any meats. Kovujin thought back to try and remember his parents, he kept thinking but nothing appeared to his mind straight away.

"I think it would be best if we started leaving now" Kovujin asked,
"I can tell you about my family and me on the road" Kovujin said looking at Malaika.

Malaika looked ready to leave. He wanted to get to his destination badly, even Kovujin could tell that and he was only 5 months old, he didn't want to hold him back telling Simbaji about his past. Kovujin asked one last question..

"Before I came to you guys I heard the sounds of other lions behind you and stuff, Is there people following us?" Kovujin asked. this time he would stop talking unless he was asked to.

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 03:27 AM
simba looked back into the distance then back to Kovujin.

"We had actually come across a few others but they wanted to go hunting. We waited for them to return but everytime we tried to let them know we needed to continue something else always seemed to come up. We're hoping they'll catch up at some point."

They did need to get going and he nodded to the other cub's suggestion that they begin moving. Enough time had been lost sitting and mulling on this thought or that. And it felt good to have someone new to talk to. simba always loved exploring, always loved pushing his own limits. A life not worth risking something in wasn't much of a life.

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Kovujin looked at Simbaji, This Cub is so cool, Kovujin wished he was just like him, but never knew his past, maybe he went through a lot of pain like he did... Theres never really a way to know. Kovujin just sat there waiting for Malaika to give the signal to head out.

((ooc: that post for some reason wasnt as long, Trying to keep em long like you guys : ) )

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 03:34 AM
ooc: it's cool. i don't want to intimidate you or anything. i'm just happy to have someone to rp with (smiles). lol, i remember looking in some forums and my jaw literally dropping to the floor with how much some of these ppl would/could post. it's taken time to get myself to be able to do more than just a few lines, but it's all good. as long as we're all enjoying what we are - living out these lives in the wilds of africa (smiles more) what more could you ask for? (grins)

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 03:35 AM
((ooc: True, Its fun RP'ing in here it doesnt move that fast so you can actually type something long and it be there for someone to see without it being ten pages back like "The Adolescent Years" hehe))

Malaika
July 24th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Slowly Malaika rose to his full height and titled his head in a quick manner to get them to follow.

ooc: this is going to seem like the cantebury tale's. A pilgramage with stories. lol.

"Perhaps your right I thought maybe simba wanted a bit of rest but if he is wanton to continue I would be obliged to tell you the tale along the way then we can both listen to simba's story and lastly, but not least of course, we'll listen to yours. by the4 time we are all finished telling our stories we should be in my home land."

Malaika walked on to the east and began telling the store. Regailing them both, though the first part of the story wasn't anything new to simba, how he lost his family, his pride, and of course the great poacher war.

"I was about less than your age when I lost my father. The humans took him from me while he was out on a hunt with my mother. She found me curled up in a bush having heard something telling me to run as I played out in the tall grass. We stayed the night in a safe place only to be brought to my uncles cave on the opposite side of Mt. Kilimanjaro where he took us in and tought me the ways of the warrior in the style of shadow fighting. My mother had disapeared the night we were brought in and I never knew what had happened to her. I was just coming out of my adolesent stage when I lost my uncle in the first attack from the humans. It was durring that war that I got this scar. This scar haunted me, and still haunts me, for a long time. This scar sealed the darkness within my heart. I had come to hate humans so that I would have killed every last one of them. I was afraid, however, I was afraid that they would kill any one I was with. I thought they would cme after me only but I was wrong. I left after that battle and made my way west ending up in the desert. I wondered for days and moved to the south only to collaps at the sight of a cheetah. I awoke a day or two later in the Mizaati pridelands in the company of prince simbaji Mizaati. It was he whom invited me to stay with the pride if I so wished. I thanked him and took him up on his offer. Though I nearly killed some one close to everyone in the pride. His name was fernando, a human. I knew of no friendly humans at that time and challanged him. I lost due to being blinded by hate and the darkness grew in my heart."

Malaika thought back to when him, fernando, keucat, and Ndugu all sat around in the moonlight a couple days later. The lion had called Fernando his 'brother'. Fernando helped Malaika see that not all humans were bad. Fernando had told him about how humans did the same to him and his litter brother Ndugu. Fernando had been raised by Cheetah's with Ndugu and had lost some of his family to the humans as well.

"At that time I had not heard of a human who could actually speak to us. It didn't occur to me at that time that he was the only one. It was a little while after that and after gaining a daughter, an adoptive daughter, that I truely spoke with simba. I had had a premonition that I was needed back in my home lands and had told this to simba. He had heard that I was a warrior and made me his banner knight, though I had earned the title story teller from everyone else, since I always told every one the same story and some others. I bade my farewells and game simba a small token which had been in my family since the time of the ancients. It was only given to those whom they would hope be there... anyway"

Malaika tried to hold off on that subject thinking little about it. He didn't know about the cub or his feelings on what he felt for simba and didn't want it to show. Yet he wondered if simba thinking about itand feeling the same way he was feeling inside for the cub.

"I raced back out to my homelad to find that a lot of the eastern pride had gathered for the final battles against the humans. in the end it was down to me and one other human. I don't remeber much still of what happened." Malaika said sadly. "All I remeber is that I was about to be killed one min the next I woke up with no memory of anything what-so-ever. Except on word came to mind 'Mizaati Mara'."

Malaika held there as they walked on the evning sky now a blanket of stars.

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Kovujin thought that No other lion would have felt what he felt when he was abandoned, Hatred, Sadness, and yet this Lion, Had been through so much more than him... He wondered What the Lion was going to do when he got to his Homeland. Kovujin would notice that Malaika would stop in between a few words and think, Was he trying to hold something inside of him, Or was he just gathering his breath. He didn't really know. But Kovujin loved hearing Malaika talk, He sounded so.....Cool. Kovujin looked at Simbaji who was listening closely to what Malaika had said... He looked at Simbaji. Was Malaika talking about Simbaji? Was Simbaji a Prince? ... Kovujin wanted to ask this question, But he didn't he didn't want to interupt him from talking. And..These Humans, Kovujin thought hard about a Human, He swore he heard the word before but he couldnt remember anything from the top of his head. Kovujin remembered saying Simbaji Mizaati, But that couldnt be the Simbaji he was looking at right now, This happened a long time ago, and Simbaji was just a Cub! When Malaika said "He'd never heard of a Human who could speak to us" he wondered about that too. If a Human could speak to Lions, That must mean that they are Animals, Maybe they are fuzzy like lions. No one knew. Kovujin kept thinking about the words Malaika said, he wondered.. This lion had been through so much, He had also faced death more than once. He must have been lucky, He wondered what could have happened to him during the war when it was only him and the Human, If Malaika didn't know then Kovujin wouldn't ask, But it was such a curious situtation! maybe this was why Malaika was trying to get back to his homelands so he could find out answers to his problems and his past..
Kovujin looked back at Simbaji, If he was the prince Malaika was talking about he better had start treating him better then just a friend, Kovujin decided he'd call these two mr, and sir, with every response he made to them.

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Earth that had been left undisturbed for anywhere between one and many lifetimes now sorted itself out and molded around the cub's paw pads as simba and the others made their way ever further towards Malaika's homelands. And as the older lion spoke to him and Kovujin about the events that had unfolded and lead to the point they found themselves now, it was true that simba had heard these tales before, but he listened anyway. Everyone had something in their lives that wanted to be free, to live and be remembered, told. Malaika was no different. He glanced at the other cub from time to time as Malaika talked on and smiled, happy to have someone his own age... correction... appeared his own age. It wasn't that he thought that Malaika was boring to be around or anything, it was just that when you spend the majority of you life in the presence of adults, it's nice to have a chance to break free from that. Inwardly he sighed though. There were changes that were inevitable when so many things, so many responsibilities were taken on. He hoped Kovujin wouldn't notice too much. That any of his child-like qualities had survived this long submersed in a world of adults and all the complexities and sometimes, yes, boringness, was a miracle. Maybe there would still be something left afterall. Too much thinking, he thought; too much time letting himself get weighed down with so heavy of subjects and thoughts. But then, he couldn't help that either. The thoughts and experiences he kept were his, and he would see them through.

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 06:16 AM
While Malaika wasnt talking Kovujin decided to ask Simba a question.

"Simba, When Malaika said he saw Prince Simbaji Mizaati... Was he refering to you?" Kovujin asked curiously.

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 06:24 AM
simba looked to Kovujin. He hadn't thought he'd react as he did but he paused in his movement a little then started again. He tried not to let his hesitation showed. It was true that he was indeed the same one Malaika spoke of, but he didn't want that to get in the way.

"Yeah"

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Kovujin looked at Simba,
"But... How he said this was long ago and your only a Cub...?"

Kovujin was so confused at this time but he didn't care, he had a friend that was a prince! not many friends would have those as a friend.

"Well, thats cool, Guess I get to start calling You Sir hehe, Mr Simbaji" Kovujin smiled.

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 06:44 AM
He smiled back but tried to keep his new-found friend from feeling like he had to act a certain way around him. Having someone just to call a friend, to him, perhaps was just as meaningful as Kovujin thought it to have someone like him as one as well.

"It's hard to say. I'm not really sure why I haven't grown. It never even occured to me until others started noticing. Malaika has his mysteries to uncover.. this I guess will end up being one of mine. But you don't have to call me sir or anything. At some point someone I knew started calling me 'Baji', short for simbaji. I'd be just as happy if you wanted to call me that."

He smiled again, hopeful. He didn't want to keep Kovujin from being able to act how he wanted, but at the same time simba was just as happy to have a friend. Maybe this time it would last a little longer. He could only hope.

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Kovujin looked to Simba
"Okay I'll call You Baji from now on" Kovujin smiled
Kovujins new friend was very nice to him, He hoped that someday Simba would be able to figure out why he didn't grow,
"Your lucky, I'd like to stay a cub forever, my size, I never want to grow up." Kovujin said.

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 06:55 AM
simba grinned a little.

"Hehe.. and there were so many times where I wished I was bigger."

He tried not to think of those times though. Most of them involved wishing he were bigger so that he could have done more in situations to help his friends out of circumstances that weren't pleasant at all. But he'd learned and found that even as a cub he could still do alot.

"Besides, you make it sound like you're gonna be as big as him tomorrow."

He laughed a little as he pointed to Malaika. He wasn't making fun of the older lion, just musing at the thought of all of a sudden finding himself in the company of two adult lions the next morning.

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 06:57 AM
"Well..." Kovujin thought... "Maybe getting bigger wouldnt be a bad thing, then I could hunt things and live on my own... Or even raise a family!
Kovujin had once had a dream he was older and had a family of two cubs, female and a male.

Juffy
July 24th, 2005, 07:00 AM
(hey ppls, any room for another character? is this where i sign up?)

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 07:01 AM
smiles as he sees Kovujin talk about things. He missed his own family and was glad that others were wanting to provide a good one when possible.

"Yeah, my dad, well, my adopted dad, told me that I couldn't hunt anything bigger than hares. Maybe things a little bigger, but that leaves out almost everything!"

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Kovujin smiled,
"Your dad seemed like he cared about you a lot"

Kovujin remembered his Parents, They never really gave him hunting lessons, His Dad would always Hunt for them.

Mizani
July 24th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Juffy
(hey ppls, any room for another character? is this where i sign up?)
((ooc: You can but there is a char sign up thread if ya search for it))

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 07:05 AM
"He did... he was the second one that adopted me, but he was the one I'd had the longest. I guess he kinda still is, only... only he isn't around much. He used to be but then one day he just stopped coming back as often. I think since he could see that I was ok alot of the times that he could be free to do other things he wanted."

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Kovujin thought about losing his Parents once, but Simba had lost his Father twice. Kovujin hated life the day he was abandoned, he didn't really see a point in living.
"Well, At least he came to see you, Thats a good thing" Kovujin said while trying to not cry.
Kovujin carried one happy memory that had been burned into his memory forever, It was a picture of his Family, His Mother, Older Brother, And Father. he would always go back to that day to see why he kept on living in life, when he was older, He would try and find his parents one day and meet them, over again

Malaika
July 24th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Malaika felt a little uneasy with parts of the subjects that came up but didn't say anything. Sure he had two daughters and a son. How ever they were adopted. Malaika was the last of his blood line and soon all would be lost of both the heartland pride and the valley pride. He tried not to think about it and yet it was all he could think about for a little while. He did coment about hunting however.

"I've never hunted a day in my life save hunting humans in the war. Other than that I..." Malaika trailed off. "But I think you'll make a great hunter...someday."

ooc: you don't have to sign up but I would prefer you to read the thread, or as much of it as you can, first

Malaika
July 24th, 2005, 07:12 AM
ooc: sorry was late posting this but i was trying to post about 2-3 posts back. this is almost turning into a live roleplay

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 07:13 AM
simba noded and indeed was greatful that Akili had come along. It seemed so long ago now, but he could still remember so much of that day. The day they first met, and everything that lead up to when he was adopted and more. Looking over though he could see Kovujin trying to hold some feelings back. He was cure it had to do with all this talk of family. He'd feel the same way. He tried to cheer him up.

"Yeah. Family is always nice. Just like friends can be too. Especially when you find one when you least expect it."

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 07:13 AM
occ: Is it not supposed to be? If so I can leave the RP if ya want

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Kovujin thought Simba was talking about him but he didn't know

"Yeah it can surprise you sometimes, I guess you don't need family in life as long as you have friends that are good to you, Like you guys"

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 07:16 AM
ooc: no! don't go : ) it's just nice to be able to rp period. stay! (smiles) though i'll be calling it a night shortly in rl

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 07:17 AM
ooc: Okay hehe, Same here i'm hitting the sack nice Rp'ing with you : )

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 07:18 AM
simba smiled more.

"Friends like you too. And both are always great to have"

Malaika
July 24th, 2005, 07:19 AM
"Yes but it does get lonely without family. Like having some to call brother. Like I call Fernando brother. I still have friends but if I didn't have a mate I would feel even lonlier."

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 07:19 AM
ooc: you too : )

Malaika
July 24th, 2005, 07:21 AM
ooc: I will also be heading to bed here soon but it is fun RPing with you. It just hard to keep up every now and then. not at my comp as often as i used to be. simba can attest to that.

Kovu The Lion
July 24th, 2005, 07:23 AM
ooc: ooh, hehe Cya guys around, Tomorrow maybe, Dunno

simbaji
July 24th, 2005, 01:56 PM
As each of the lions spoke of family and friends, he couldn't help but be greatful for the friends he had made so long ago. He had found himself waking to a strange place with no idea of how he got there or who he was, much less where he had come from. Any memories of his biological family would keep themselves hidden for quite some time before a brief glimpse here and there would make itself known in a flashback. Beyond that, his only sense of family came from those whom he either was adopted by or the close group of friends that he had been lucky enough to find himself among. So many of those who had been there for him were gone now, but the best parts he tried to keep close to his heart. Now it was left to times like now, like this, when he might chance upon someone else and be able to call them a friend. Always he hoped that such a friend would last a long, long time.

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Kovujin smiled at Simbaji, he liked the way this lion acted, he was so carefree and thought of other people.
"Yeah, Maybe you do need family, but I would rather have you guys as friends than my family"

Kovujin didn't know much about his family, so he didn't really care about them much, when the time came for him to go out on his own, he would start to care about them but not now.

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 03:45 AM
"Hehe, yeah?"

He wasn'y sure exactly what Kovujin had meant, but either way he knew it would be a compliment. He could see it in the way the other cub smiled and how well they were all getting along. Things were going real good and he was glad. They were making progress towards Malaika's homeland and even found what was turning out to possibly be a great friend along the way. All days should go so well.

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Kovujin had been with Malaika and Simbaji for about a day and knew more about them now probably than anyone who spent their whole life with them, he loved hanging around with Simbaji because he was actually the same hieght as him! he was really tired of having to look up and stretch his neck to talk to someone, with Simbaji he only had to look forward. Its not that Kovujin hated talking to people bigger than him he just didn't like straining his neck to look at people, the people the size of Malaika, 'Malaika was a tall, musclular lion, make him mad and you probably wont see tomorrow.' Kovujin thought, this was usual with most strong lions, they had a very small patience.

"Baji, How long have you guys been traveling together, you and Malaika, it seems like you two have known each other forever!" Kovujin asked curiously

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 05:09 AM
simba thought of that question. It had been some time since he first crossed paths with Malaika. It was amazing how many things, how many memories he'd not thought about in some time.

"It's been some time, I think a couple seasons now. Well, not that we've been traveling together that long - we've only chanced on eachothers paths out here and been on this journey for a few days or maybe weeks now. But we've known eachother for a while now."

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Kovujin laughed, "Has he been carrying you from the scruff of your neck for weeks now?"

Kovujin didn't like to ask stupid questions but he just had to ask this one.

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 05:16 AM
He grinned and shook his head.

"Nah, only for the last few miles or so, I think, before we stopped and met you. You think I could survive much longer? Hehe"

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Kovujin laughed at Simbaji's comment, this cub/small lion was really funny.

"I know I wouldn't have lasted that long, I hate being carried by that, Its annoying!, I would rather walk but Malaika would probably start running and leave me hehe"

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 05:23 AM
simba smiled again. It was fun to be able to do so. So many things were on his mind all the time that he rarely felt he could get a moment away from them. As it was, he was actually quite enjoying himself.

"Nah, he may look mean or sound mean at times, but it's really just that this journey is really important to him."

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Kovujin thought more about Malaika, and what Simbaji said, "Nah, he may look mean or sound mean at times, but it's really just that this journey is really important to him."... He was so nice, What did he mean he seems mean at some times, maybe he hadn't met the other side of Malaika.

"Well the way I see it hes 100% Nice, absolutely No meaness"
Kovujin said smiling

((ooc: Sorry for posting so much I know this isnt a Live RP hehe, Sorry again :())

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 05:37 AM
"He pretty much is."

simba looked to their side at Malaika. He smiled. The older lion seemed not too awares of his and Kovujin's talking about him. They weren't really talking behind his back, rather to the side. And it wasn't anything bad. He just thought it kinda funny was all.

"I'm glad we found you. It's fun having someone else around."

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Kovujin smiled at Simbaji

"I'm glad ya'll found me too, or else I would be stuck today with no one to talk to...again, it's fun talking to people, but when your out on your own by yourself and you have only yourself to talk to"

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 05:45 AM
"Have you come across any others while you've been out here?"

simba was curious. He was happy to have found a friend in Kovujin and wondered if it might last longer than just this one journey - even if it were too early to tell.

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Kovujin looked at simbaji and thought hard

"Well... Yes but they were very rude, It was about 5 lions, two males and three females, they walked right passed me and one stepped on my tail, I was asleep till the female stepped on my tail, it hurt, she never said Sorry or anything they just kept walking alone, heading in that direction"
Kovujin pointed towards the South.

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 05:52 AM
simba looked to the direction that Kovujin pointed at then back to him.

"That was very rude. Sorry they did that to you. You know... you're.. you're always welcome to keep hanging around us, as long as you want."

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Kovujin was happy at this moment, it sounded as if Simbaji asked him to stay for a long time, If thats what he meant, he would stay with Simbaji, Forever. thats what friends do, they're there for each other when they need them

"I'll stay, As long as you want me to Baji, if you wouldnt mind after Malaika found his home lands I could keep tagging along with you. and If you get tired of me hehe just say so and i'll leave."

Kovujin said this comment smiling.

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 06:00 AM
simba smiled alot himself. It was great to think that he were actually making a friend, a really great friend it looked like too. And he'd be there for Kovujin too. He wondered if the other cub would want to see his own homelands one day. It made him happy to think of having someone else to be around and have fun with.

"I'd like you to stay too as long as you want. I'm glad we're friends."

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Kovujin smiled again, Kovujin was also glad he had a friend, The last time he remembered having a conversation like this was when he and his family took a trip to the Outlands and he talked to a Hyena!

"Thanks Baji I'll be around, a very, very long time, Until I die if you wouldn't mind"

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 06:07 AM
"I wouldn't mind at all."

The cub smiled. Of all the things that kept his mind occupied he was glad that finding a friend on this journey was one of them. Even though he had his own journeys and places to go, he couldn't wait until they got home and he could show Kovujin around.

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Kovujin grinned from ear to ear

"hehe Yay, Now I have something to look forward too, Traveling with you guys when i'm older"

((ooc: Well I'm going to sleep now, Fun RP'ing with you tonight Simbaji : ) ))

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 06:13 AM
ooc: and you too! (smiles) hopefully see you soon : ) goodnight!

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 06:35 AM
ooc: I'll stay up for a little while longer and RP with you guys hehe))

Malaika
July 25th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Malaika walked on listening but paying no heed to what all was said. He still had so many untold stories about his life yet he didn't care to actually tell them. It was just as dark, if not more so, than the battle against the humans.

The older lion looked upon the night sky and looked at the moon wich was halfway up into the sky. It shown almost a redish color making Malaika stop dead in his tracks. This was most definatly a bad omen. quickly he rounded upon the two in a quieted tone.

"We must seek shelter quickly. One of you jump on my back. I shall carry the other. Don't ask questions just do it!"

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Kovujin looked at Malaika, "You take me by the scruff of my neck" Kovujin said getting in front of Malaika.

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 06:40 AM
simba looked to Malaika and then Kovujin.

"You go ahead and ride, I'll keep up. Don't want you getting left behind."

The cub grinned just a little to break the shift in tension but was serious that he didn't want to loose his friend so soon.

Malaika
July 25th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Malaika grabbed kovuji by the scruff of the neck and waited for simba to leap upon his back before he could cart them all to safety. There was so much flying through his head at that point. There was someone or something following them but Malaika haddn't senced anything and the lands hadn't informed him of anything.

Malaika
July 25th, 2005, 06:43 AM
The older lion set kovujin down and looked at simba.

"Are you sure you can keep up?"

Malaika was now worried about both of them. He didn't want to lose either of them but knew that with the way things seemed he would have to go back out looking for simba once he got to a safe place.

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 06:45 AM
simba looked to Malaika and shook his head, indicating to just start moving.

"Don't worry, I'll keep up. If I'm on your back it'll just slow you down trying to carry and balance us both. I'll be fine, let's just go."

simba wasn't trying to be a martyr or anything, it was just that he'd had been in many circumstances before and knew he could handle himself if it came down to it.

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Kovujin looked back at Simba

"Don't get lost please, your one of the few friends I have"
Kovujin said the comment smiling at simba.

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 06:50 AM
simba smiled back up at Kovujin.

"I'll be OK."

Malaika
July 25th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Malaika looked pleadingly upon simba but knew that he wouldn't get anywhere. With a quick bow of his head he grabbed kovujin and took off twords the north east and to the edge of the jungle. He quickly hi kovujin in under the roots of a tree and raced off back after simba.

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 06:58 AM
simba wasn't as far behind Malaika as the older lion probably would have feared. He looked behind him as they ran to see if something was following them but didn't see anything. As he looked in front he saw Malaika again.

Malaika
July 25th, 2005, 07:00 AM
"We must hurry. I will need to carry you. I need to make sure we leave no trace of scent."

Malaika made for simba but stopped and crouched low hearing the pawsteps of two other animals near-by. He looked at simba and whispered into his ears.

"Follow me and do as I say if you don't want to get caught."

Malaika
July 25th, 2005, 07:02 AM
OOC: I really need to be going to bed this thread will be continued after i get home from work tomorrow around 6pm my time.

Kovu The Lion
July 25th, 2005, 07:02 AM
ooc: okay good night Malaika, Fun RP'ing with you : )

simbaji
July 25th, 2005, 07:03 AM
simba nodded to Malaika and crouched low, following every movement. His paws moved across the earth silently, quietly. He may not have been trainned like Malaika had been, but he'd certainly had his own share of experiences. Besides, it was something he had gotten quite good at - of course it got him into trouble as he used his stealth many times to get himself closer to situations that were probably not the best for him to do so with.

Kovu The Lion
July 26th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Kovujin sat for what seemed like to be an enterity under the tree roots where Malaika had left him, he thought maybe it was a trick Malaika used to get rid of him, then he thought maybe Malaika was telling the truth and hid him to protect him, Kovujin didn't know what to think, so he sat there, and waited, and waited. Kovujin then got an idea to go out and look for them, yeah that sounded like a good idea, no wait if I do and they come back...then they wont see me here and leave me, Kovujin just sat there, looking at the ground.

Malaika
July 26th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Malaika pulled simba back to him as he slid behind a log and placed his paw over the little cubs muzzle to keep him from crying out in panic. They were hidden well within the shadow of the fallen tree as two animals walked close by arguing.

"What do you mean we lost them? How could we lose them?" One of them cried aloud. It was a female's voice "They couldn't have just disapeared into thin air."

"hey I'm only telling you what I know and I can't sence them anywhere." Cried a males voice.

"yeah but you know he ain't goinna be to happy to know that we lost..." the woman was quickly cut off.

"Shh, did ya hear that?"

"Man you losing it."

"Are you two done bickering?" Roared another voice. It was a deep voice which kinda sounded like Malaika. "We know where they are going. Everything is ready so you two are no longer expected to follow them. Unless you want to have a little fun with them."

"Well we would but uh, we lost them" The guy said.

"Pathetic. Just meet up with the rest of the group."

"Yessir!" The two said in unison and then jumped over the log where Malaika and simba where. Malaika noticed that the were rouges from the east. The other rouge still stood out on the other side of the log and seemed to speek to himself.

"I should have killed him myself. Can't rely on anyone. No matter I will soon find the secret myself. I must know what it is. What power they possesed. The tainted blood of the valley pride must end. Also the little one looks familiar. No matter they will both die by my paws."

At that the rouge chased after the other two who seemed more than long gone. Malaika knew they were close to his homeland and it seemed apartent, now more than ever, that they would have to use stealth to gain access into his homelands for they had been taken over by the rouges.

"Kovujin?" Malaika whispered down into the tree roots when he and simba arrived. "We will be moving deeper into the jungle and resting the night. Come and follow us."

Kovu The Lion
July 26th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Kovujin was happy to see Malaika's face,
"Okay Lets get going" Kovujin said ready to get out of the tree roots, it was dark and damp in here, plus there wasnt much room, Kovujin got out and followed Malaika and Simbaji.

simbaji
July 27th, 2005, 04:40 AM
At first simba was a little frustrated that Malaika seemed to deem neccessary to quiet him - as if the cub were so much a stranger to the dangers of their predicament that he would have done something so stupid as scream out. Nevertheless he just sat and waited for the older lion to make their move. He listened to the conversations and carefully looked back and forth between the direction of the voices and Malaika. It was obvious that something was up.

As soon as circumstances allowed simba followed Malaika as they went to get Kovujin. The cub sighed with relief to see his friend ok. When Malaika spoke of resting he was a little surprised but greatful anyways. Just because he could hold his own for short periods of time didn't mean that he could keep up that pace forever - no matter how often he would try and do just that. The first thing he would do though when they reached their resting point would be to clean himself up. He felt all the dirt and grass that had woven itself into his fur and couldn't wait to take care of it.

Kovu The Lion
July 27th, 2005, 04:46 AM
"Simbaji" Kovujin called, "Where do you think Malaika is going to take us in the Jungle, Does he know of a spot already?" Kovujin asked

Kovujin had been in the jungle once before, his Pride had been heading towards the Jungle before they left him, He wondered if he would meet up with his parents there, or maybe some of the friends he had back there, would they ignore him, or take him back in, many thoughts came back to Kovujin that instant, and he wondered about many things while on the topic of The Jungle.

Malaika
July 27th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Malaika motioned for the cubs to remain quiet as there might have been others still around. He urriedly searched for a tree large enough to hold all three of them. The moon broke through in several places and lit several faces of rock that were not randomly placed. It seemed that he was in such a hurry that they had made it to the ancient ruins and onto sacred ground where he knew they would be safe. Malaika looked around in aww at the many pictures depicting the great war between the prides of the north and the prides of the south. There in the middle stood three lions. The ones on the left stood on there hind paws as the third on on the opposite side lay in attack position as the murial also depicted rocks falling on the third lion. Below each of the lions were their names writen in the tongue of the ancients. Somehow Malaika could read what they said which brought a tear to his eyes as he stood there. Low and behold it was his uncle and father fighting their uncle Chaos.

"It...It can't be." Malaika felt lost and yet it seemed this was one of the places the humans who knew the ways of the ancients lived. It also seemed wrong. It ment that they had lived till just little after the great Pride war.

Kovu The Lion
July 27th, 2005, 05:36 AM
Kovujin looked up at the wall and saw pictures of lions, he couldnt really see them too good, he was getting really sleepy, he looked around to try to find a place to sleep... no where, he just looked at Malaika going to say something to him, but was to tired, also Malaika also made a motion to him to shut up, or just be quiet in a less bad way. he layed on his stomach quietly and curled up almost in a ball and fell asleep, snoring peacfully

simbaji
July 27th, 2005, 06:02 AM
ooc: it's real late and i have to go to bed - sorry. i'll reply as soon as i can tomorrow

Kovu The Lion
July 27th, 2005, 06:04 AM
ooc: No problem, See ya later Simbaji : )

Malaika
July 28th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Malaika laid down on the cold dirt covered ground and loked up at the moon lit muriel. A peice of his history lomed over him and not knowing that it would haunt him made him shiver. He had his own worries about what he was going to find out. yet he was determined to see it all the way through.

With a sigh he laid his head down in between his paws but didn't even sleep. He couldn't knowing there were others out there and from what it sounded like none of them were safe. A small wind blew through catching his mane and tugging at his fur causing him to shiver. It took a lot to worry Malaika yet everything was now moving to fast for any of them to really breath. Only time would tell what would take place in the next day or two.

simbaji
July 29th, 2005, 05:28 AM
As simba rested with Malaika and Kovujin he looked over as he heard the other cub ask him a question. Looking back to Malaika a moment he regarded the older lion. He wasn't really sure what was going on or what course of action was going to be decided upon. Looking back to Kovujin he really couldn't do much more than tell him as much.

"I'm not really sure. But I do get the feeling that something very bad is going on. I don't think Malaika knows either but I also think he knows more than he's told us. Maybe in the morning he'll say more."

With that simba moved closer to the group and decided that the grooming he had planned on could wait until then as well. For now he wanted to rest. Curling up he tried to keep his eyes open as long as he could to offer a little extra lookout but soon fell asleep. Whatever adventure lay ahead of them, he would be greatful for any amount he got.

Malaika
July 31st, 2005, 01:46 PM
It wasn't long before Malaika fell asleep. Though it wasn't very restfull for the nightmares returned.

Malaika padded slowly into the Heartlands. It was still in ruins and was now being controled by an evil force. A force wich pulled at his fur drawing him closer to his once proud kingdom. It had been this way ever since the great Poacher War. The older lion slowly made his way through the lands taking great care not to be seen by whatever force it was that was leading him here. Could it be leading him to his death? He couldn't tell. As he came closer to where his cave once was he crept closer in the shadows. He could hear a voice protruding from the cave which sounded familiar.

"He will be here anyday now. We must be ready for him. Those humans obviously were too weak." Came one voice. It made Malaika think. 'Could he be the reason why the Heartland Pride was no longer around?'

"How did you get the humans, whom we can't even talk to, to destroy the Heartland prides?" Called out a voice to the first.

"The were informed by an ancient whom also tried to cross the plains. He never made it. I killed the human before he could make it to another village. I was going to kill the humans after I killed Malaika but I took him for dead as his mother took out the last human for me. I won't make that mistake again. This time though we now have the help of a pride whom is after one of the other travelers. It seems we have found another one. Half of the 4 are walking together to this very land."

Malaika crept forward and into the cave but it seemed that he was spotted for some one called out.

"Some one is listening in on us! Yet he is not here."

"Is it 'him?'"

"It is indeed."

"I know your listening Malaika. Hahaha Go, GO and tell your little cub friends, your little back up, that you all shall die."

Malaika woke up with the laughter ringing in his hears as he lay panting hard. His fur now rigid and stiff. After he calmed himself in the morning hours he smoothed his fur out trying not to think of the dream. But was it just a dream or did the lands want me to see what was going on. Malaika then became angry. So it was another lion that had gotten the humans to attack. He would, of corse, have to tell the other two. Especially since he felt that they were also after Kovujin, not knowing that they ment simbaji. Malaika would try to keep them both as safe as he could.

The older lion sighed and waited for the sun to rise before waking the cubs up. As the suns rays reached his cold fur he could feel the warmth slowly course through his body helping him relax and allow him to stretch his muscles before he could fully get up. He pulled himself to his full height and padded over to simba and whispered into his ear.

"It's time to go. We must be out of here soon."

He then preceeded to wake up Kovujin.

"We must go soon, both of you need to hurry. We will not be safe here. We'll only be safe if we keep moving. And no wandering off. That goes for both of you."

Kovu The Lion
July 31st, 2005, 03:20 PM
Kovujin stirred from his sleep from the sound of a voice, he was having a very good dream he didn't want to wake up, he wanted to stay there forever and just sleep, but he had to get up, the voice was Malaika's and if it was him, then something very wrong must have been happening, He opened his eyes and blinked them a couple times, rubbed his eyes to make sure he was good and awake and stretched and yawned a few times, he looked up at Malaika and smiled, he had heard what he said.

"I Wont leave your sights Malaika, Lets just get out of here," Kovujin said hastely.

This place was starting to give Kovujin the creeps but why he couldnt tell, he would just shiver for no reason at all.

simbaji
August 1st, 2005, 01:33 AM
It had taken simba some time to get to sleep that night. So many things on his mind. Why? Why should he let himself be bothered by so many "responsibilities"? The answer was partially there - No one had asked him to take on what he had - he had brought this on himself. Sometimes the weight of those responsibilities followed him in his dreams. There were two areas that he felt the need to be accountable for. One was present as a natural outcome of leading others. Always wondering if there were something you could do to make everyone stronger, hold them together, help each one grow - as well as always wondering if someone was wanting for something or perhaps suffering but unwilling to speak up. These he accpeted gladly - though they did take it's toll, most notibly on his ability to hold onto the carefree days of youth. The other was something that was, like the first, something he had taken upon himself. However, unlike leading, this responsibility was not between himself and those he kept company or watch for - it was between him and the lands. Vain imaginations may very-well have given rise to the duty he felt obliged - no, honored - to assume. Within his memories and experiences lived dozens, hundreds of lives. Each with it's own life and history, each it's own story, he kept them alive. Even if only in his heart. Seasons and generations would come and go, but they would live on - so long as he himself lived.

The cub thought of that often - what would happen to him, to the memories and his role once he moved from this life to the next. Sometimes it scared him, others it brough him peace. And every once in a great while he even conceeded that maybe he should just let things play out as they will and stop living his life as a meshing of past and present. His dreams - waking or sleeping - often held all of these conflicts, these burdens, these honors. Not tonight though. Even if in the back of his mind he worried about things his dreams let him have a chance to rest. He would need it. And perhaps somehow, on some level he knew that. So it was then the sound of Malaika's voice, not his unrestful dreams, that woke him. With a large yawn and small roar he blinked his eyes and nodded to Malaika and then looked over to Kovujin and smiled. Each of us at some point will face the last few steps of our journey by ourselves. For now it was nice to have someone alongside to make that journey more joyfull.

"Sounds good to me. I'm ready!"

Kovu The Lion
August 1st, 2005, 01:36 AM
Kovujin walked up to Simbaji wasting no time at all to ask, "Have a good sleep?" Kovujin asked, "I didn't, was to cold if you ask me" kovujin laughed, he sat beside simbaji for a while until Malaika would give the order to move out, he didn't know when he would but having a nice conversation every now and then was good too

simbaji
August 1st, 2005, 01:47 AM
simba was in the middle of stretching when Kovujin asked him about his sleep. Really quick he took a moment to fully arch his hind legs and lean out on his front ones before sitting and shaking the dust of sleep off of him. Smiling still he nodded.

"Yeah, I think so. Don't really remember what I was dreaming about but I think that helped me sleep better."

Titus
August 1st, 2005, 01:52 AM
Titus ears perked as his head wen't up "does it seem a little quiet" listen for a sound.

Kovu The Lion
August 1st, 2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by simbaji
simba was in the middle of stretching when Kovujin asked him about his sleep. Really quick he took a moment to fully arch his hind legs and lean out on his front ones before sitting and shaking the dust of sleep off of him. Smiling still he nodded.

"Yeah, I think so. Don't really remember what I was dreaming about but I think that helped me sleep better."

"Thats good that you got some sleep, get ya ready for the big day today, if theres anything planned or in store, God knows what Malaika is thinking about doing next, hes so cool" Kovujin smiled looking at Malaika,

Mizani
August 1st, 2005, 07:49 AM
Titus ears perked as his head wen't up "does it seem a little quiet" listen for a sound.
Mizani lifted her head up.

Titus was right. It seemed unsually quiet.

"I wonder if theres danger around" She asked Titus, looking out for any signs of threat.

Malaika
August 1st, 2005, 01:28 PM
Malaika shook out his mane and turned to leave. With out ooking back at the cub he spoke alarmingly.

"Stay close and follow me I beleive we may encounter one of the rouges this time."

With that he slowly padded out of the ruins and back into the southern jungle.

simbaji
August 1st, 2005, 01:32 PM
simba was quick to his paws. He stayed upbeat but the features on his muzzle denoted a certain sense of urgency - determination. He glanced at Kovujin and nodded then began to follow Malaika once more. Wether it would be long now or not before they reached their destination he didn't know - mainly out of fact that he'd never been to the older lion's homelands before - but one thing he did know; their journey would become increasingly more dangerous. Malaika's every expression foretold such.

Kovu The Lion
August 1st, 2005, 01:35 PM
Kovujin felt like Malaika had meant the truth and was serious, he started getting the same emotion before when his parents left him, Fear. He wondered if these rogues would kill them, from the way Malaika had put things it sounded like they needed to get out of there and fast. Kovujin padded up along side Malaika and made sure he was as close as possible to him without getting stepped on, he was scared he kept looking in both directions for the slightest signs of movements.

Titus
August 1st, 2005, 03:53 PM
"there could be, well we better get moving, if there's danger, i don't want to stick around." Titus walks away from the wildebeast he hunted to let the buzzards eat it and walks up to a drop off that was a little far, Titus watches the sky when the breeze came in.

Mizani
August 3rd, 2005, 07:27 AM
Mizani bounded up to Titus's side, looking behind her to make sure Karifu was coming, before looking back at Titus.

"What kind of Danger could we be in?" She asked Titus, looking at the surronding bushes, almost expecting something to jump out at them.

simbaji
August 3rd, 2005, 08:34 PM
simba stayed close to Kovujin and Malaika as they went off. He understood that from this point on, no matter how much he wanted, that he really should rather listen to Malaika and not go off exploring or wandering - as much of a strength or faukt as it was of his. The cub tried to keep track of how the land felt beneath his paws as well as any markers around where they were at. If something came up he wanted to be ready and didn't want to be left wondering where to go or retrace. Besides, committing such things to memory made it that much easier to move and react - letting his subconcious mind maneuver the terrain, thereby letting the better part of his awareness handle the situation being faced.

Malaika
August 4th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Malaika had a look of malice upon his muzzle. He felt he could take on the humans again. The dream had to have been a vison or at least the earth being an informant telling him what to expect. They weren't halfway to the heartlands yet he knew that if they didn't keep moving now that the rouges would make their move first. The older lion didn't want that. If they wanted to kill them then he would rais hell when he did. They wouldn't know what kind of force they were dealing with. Malaika would give them a war. One well trained warrior against former veterns that didn't compare. Yet still Malaika trudged onward looking back at the two cubs every once in a while to make sure they were sfe.

Kovu The Lion
August 4th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Kovujin stopped walking for a while to look back, he wasnt to sure if someone was following them or not, he didn't know, he looked forward again, Malaika and Simba had kept walking, not noticing he had fallen behind. He ran back up to them padding next to Malaika again and acted as if nothing had happened, he kept glancing behind them, being that the spot most people usually attacked from. He looked up to Malaika,

"So when we get to your homelands, What will you do there?" Kovujin asked

Malaika
August 4th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Malaika didn't look down, he just kept looking forward not worrying about what was behind them. he was now listening more intently to the earth. The earth kept him updated on all that was around him.

"I will find an answer. There is a secret in my family but I don't know what it is or any one is after it. All I know is I had been warned that there are those who seek it. I will stop at nothing till I find out what it is."

Kovu The Lion
August 4th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Kovujin looked up at Malaika, Then back at the road ahead of them

"I see, Sounds strange, Do you have a family waiting back home for you?" Kovujin asked,

he didn't want to start talking to much incase they got attacked or something so Malaika would be ready, But he was just soo curious, as were all other Cubs

Kijana
August 4th, 2005, 06:16 AM
OOC: Whew... finally finished skimming over ya'll's thread. This will be my only post for the night, however.

Particles of dust were startled into action, swirling in the air as a result of an exhaled breath. A pair of smoldering emerald orbs peered out form a screen of cover, a shadowy form camouflaged from view. A mind racing with thoughts which swirl about like a roiling thunderstorm as the figure remained in a tense position, all senses alert.

He was most unhappy with his current circumstances, but then he had only himself to blame. Wasn't it he who had made the decision to go off on his own on a kind of personal quest? A quest to find himself, to learn who he really was and where he was really going in life. Well, Damu Kunguru had not approved when he stated his reason for desiring to get up and go. She actually scoffed at him and gave him one of her soul-piercing gazes as she spat out, "You can't find yourself out there, Kijana! You'll be looking in the wrong direction!"

And what was his reply to that? Just a shrug, and nothing more, tossing her words aside like so many discarded bones. He should have known better than to do that, for hadn't her advice and wisdom come to his aid in the past? She had been the one to find him in dire straights after his decision to become a rogue. She had been the one to help him get through the following weeks, a companion whom he could rely upon. And now that he wanted to go off on his own again, he was spurning their friendship.

Well, he was paying for all that now as he began to gaze about warily, taking in the myriad scents and sifting through the information. His mood had been rather morose the past few days to the point where he didn't care if he crossed a few boundaries. Now how maddening was that? Here he was around seven years of age and he was acting like some inexperienced adolescent. He hadn't made such an error in judgment since he was two. He was definitely going to give himself a beating after all this.

A silent sigh escaped from him as he lifted his head up, revealing a mane of waning reddish hue. The one thing to draw attention to him was the fading scars across his left eye from where a leonine paw had grazed across his face. He was pretty fortunate that his eye wasn't damaged in the process. And what could be seen of his shoulders, a pelt of dulled amber hue could be made out.

To be caught in such a very unpleasant situation where there were very unfriendly individuals afoot. A soft snort escaped from his maw as he muttered, "Oh yeah, I'm having some fun now."

Malaika
August 4th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Malaika stopped in his tracks and looked away sadly.

"There is no one left in my homeland. I was the only one to survice the poacher war that took place. Ther are few who even knew it had happened. Now the land is dead and decayed to the point where it may never regenerate. And the rouges may have taken over."

Malaika lost his malice and slipped into sadness which filled him with greif. Yet he knew if he wasn't carefull that it would hurt him in the end. For sadness would lead to anger and the more the anger would fill him the more the darkness would try to rise again. Though he never felt it as much as he once did.

Kovu The Lion
August 4th, 2005, 07:26 AM
"oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Sorry I asked" Kovujin said with a sigh,

Kovujin had thought Malaika was lonely enough in the world, but now, he had no family? man that must bite. Kovujin had a family but.. They left him so he has none now, but knowing there dead, that must be a big burden to carry on your back, Kovujin felt sorry for the lion.

"Don't feel to bad about it, Me and Simbaji are still here with ya all the way" Kovujin said with a big smile on his face trying to cheer Malaika up, he was obviously depressed.

Malaika
August 4th, 2005, 07:32 AM
OOC: yeah my 100th post

BIC:

Malaika smiled slightly and continued onward feeling aprehensive as he felt the presence of another animal near-by. Slowly a feeling grew in the it of his stomache. Whom or what ever the creature was he couln't tell if it was friendly.

"I'm glad I have you and simbaji now."

Kovu The Lion
August 4th, 2005, 07:35 AM
(ooc: Congratz! :D)

"I'm glad I met you too Malaika, your a really nice lion" Kovujin said smiling looking at the path ahead of them, he felt something near, it made him shiver.
"Do you feel that.. like..were being Followed?" Kovujin asked quietly so the animal or what ever it was following them wouldn't hear them conversing.

Malaika
August 4th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Malaika moved forward slowly

"I'm not sure what I feel but I don't want to take any chances."

Kovu The Lion
August 4th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Kovujin followed Malaika, he was so close to him that he could get stepped on, but he was scared right now, He didn't know what to think he made sure not to say one word so Malaika could hear what was around them.

Kijana
August 5th, 2005, 03:51 AM
An opportunity had arisen for him to slip away as quiet as a mouse, or at least he hoped so. His sleek and musculare leonine form moved itself away from the point of contention. Flowing through the greenery like a fish swimming through the water, Kijana gradually made his way towards the lip of the jungle and paused a few heartbeats. His posture was rather tense as he remained in place and cast about with his darkened emerald gaze, ears sucking in any and every sound they could get ahold of while he inhaled deeply. Even his tail was behaving for once, the reddish tuft not budging an inch and seemingly frozen in place.

And then... voices. Were those voices? He strained his hearing a bit more so he could pick out those sounds, turning his head to the left to let his right take it all in. Those voices did not last for too much longer and now there seemed to be silence again. Well, other than the usual cacaphony of jungle denizens such as birds and insects and the like. He took in a deep breath as he eased from the stiff posture he had been holding, now feeling torn between curiosity and aversion. The yearning, however, to go and see who or what could it have been was clamoring for attention. In the end his curiosity won out and so once more he eased forward, muscles rippling and flowing beneath his deep amber pelt.

Now his tail tuft was making its rebellious twitch once more as he weaved his way through the foliage, dark emerald gaze ever watchful, his ears and nostrils ever alert.

Malaika
August 5th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Malaika stopped short and litened intently to the surrounding area. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and knew almost instantly that some one was near. The smell was that of a lion but whom he couldn't tell. It was neither the scent of the east rouge's nor the scent of the western prides. at least none that might have known. Yet he felt like he was about to be hunted though he would soon turn it around and become the hunter.

Malaika grabbed both cub and made them lay low in the grass while he slid into the tall grasses near the edge of the jungle. His heart racing as he slowly moved up behnd a boulder and waited silently listening as the earth informed him of the location of the lion. He wasn't too far off. Just a pounce away. The older lion looked over the boulder and down upon another red maned lion. Carefully he approaced from downwind and pounced the other lion.

simbaji
August 5th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Even as simba was moved to the side by Malaika he had the feeling that there was something he wanted to see. Curiosity had always been one of his strongest faults and strengths alike. The wind blew quietly across the place where they were, knowingly bending the reeds of grass that now caught the young cub's attention with their soft rythm. He looked to Kovujin and spoke quietly.

"I'm going too."

With that he left for the same direction that Malaika had gone. He felt bad about not explaining more to his friend but time could never be counted on to be on one's side and he didn't want to miss the chance to confirm his suspicions. Paws that had padded over countless miles now carried this curious cub towards whatever it was that had entered into the trio's range.

Kovu The Lion
August 5th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Kovujin let out a sigh, he wasn't liking the Idea of staying by himself with someone out there.

"Okay, Hurry back now Simbaji" Kovujin said smiling at the cub,

Kovujin sat down on the ground and stayed low in the grass, making sure he wasnt visible by anyone else unless he wanted them to see him.

Kijana
August 5th, 2005, 05:38 AM
He paused with barely baited breath, stretching all his senses out as far as they could go. His brow furrowed when he caught ahold of... something. A tickling in the back of his mind, a little warning of something iminent. And he was about to lift his head to gaze about when something collided with him. Eyes widening as his maw parted, he gave vent to a silent shout within his mind. "Holy freaking hey!" And in a heartbeat he was rolling, twisting and turning his sleek leonine bulk.

His left paw came up and pushed at the shoulder of the other, giving a bit of a nudge and a shove. With a grunt, he was able to get out a few words. "Hey, c'mon!" He gave another push and was able to dislodge the burden just a bit, enough to get his upper torso free. "Get off, will ya?"

Malaika
August 5th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Malaika rested now just a few feet away from the lion ready to pounce again if need be.

"Who are you and why are you following us? The rogue king sent you to kills us didn't he. We'll you won't. You can tell him if the humans didn't finish me off then he himself better do so cause I'll kill every last one of his flunkies then I'll kill him as well."

Malaika felt for sure this lion was part of the Rogue pride that had formed in his home lands. This rouge was alone and looked to be more of a warrior than anyone else they had encountered.

Kijana
August 5th, 2005, 05:58 AM
After having gained and opportunity to pull himself up and rolling onto his feet, he peered over at the other leonine curiously. His head tilted to the right a bit as he listened, a frown upon his face as he gave the other a rather confused look. Blatanly his features shouteed out, 'What the heck are you talking about?!'

Kijana just shook his head before finally replying. "Okay, I have a few questions of my own to ask. Now the first being... Huh?" One brow was raised as he looked to the other. "Let me just add that I've only been around here a short while, having done some extensive traveling. Just passing through, actually." He gave a leonine shrug and turned his head to the right, keeping one eye on the other male.

Malaika
August 5th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Malaika turned to see just what the other lion was looking at while keeping his focus upon him. It was Simba. Malaika quickly leapt out to block the cub from Kijana.

"Simba stay back."

His mane blew ceaselessly in the wind revealing the scar on his face.

simbaji
August 5th, 2005, 06:09 AM
ooc: i hate to ruin the pace tonight, but i'm beat and really need to sleep. plus i'd rather reply when i'm awake ._. zzzz.... (night all - sorry, but i'll bb in the morning!!!)

Kovu The Lion
August 5th, 2005, 06:10 AM
(( good night Simba, Its no problem : ) I'm kinda tired too might get off soon anyways Have a good sleep))

simbaji
August 5th, 2005, 10:38 PM
What had started out and seemed at first as a calm and knowing wind turned now instead into a more restless, forceful breeze - mimicking the emotions of Malaika. The two were more than likely not connected other than perhaps the wind was offering some form of rebuke or chastisement for the older lion's quick and baseless accusations towards one of africa's better children. The cub could scarcely believe it, reagrdless of the intuitions that had sifted into his perception and hopes; it was Kijana!

Malaika's tone of voice and quick reactions to his other friend lead him to decide that anxious as he was to reunite with an old friend that it would serve him better to approach a little cautiously. He didn't think that Malaika would actually hurt him but it was better not to chance getting in his way; nor was he going to cower in fear that something might accidentally happen. Caution was not mandated to walk hand in hand with timidness.

Many times he probably could have benefited from the insight and semi-wisdom he argued with. His past was so filled with reckless and impulsive behaviors it was a wonder he was still alive; this too in considering the situations such lack of prudence and intellignce he found himself in many a time - and few of those were done so by his keeping his nose out of places it shouldn't be. At the moment he couldn't complain though, he was alive and held far more experience at his paws than many others.

"Kijana?! Malaika, calm down! He isn't a spy or anyone else you need to worry about, he's an old friend."

simba smiled at the amber-manned lion then quickly remembered that Kovujin was still left secluded and otherwise alone. With a loud call he beckoned the other cub to come over and join them. Immediately his gaze turned back to Kijana, accompanied by a bright and happy smile. He took a few steps forward wondering if the other lion would remember him. It normally wouldn't be hard considering the plight of simba's situation - that of mysteriously not aging. So the cub would look the same, but would Kijana believe it was truely him? Anyone would expect to see a lion much older. Kijana, of course looked no differently to simba. And perhaps he never would either. The image burned into the young cub's memories would forever keep the amber lion whole and unchanged - a monument to a special bond forged long ago.

Kovu The Lion
August 5th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Kovujin heard Simbaji's voice, he strolled along up ahead to where he had seen Simbaji and Malaika run off to. He looked over and saw Malaika, Simbaji, and another Lion. he walked up and sat beside Simbaji, He turned his head and smiled at Simba, Then turned around to speak with the new lion.

"Hi, I'm Kovujin," Kovujin said smiling at the lion
He turned to Simba and whispered into his ear
"Let me guess...Another friend of yours?" Kovujin said with a slight smile on his face.

Malaika
August 6th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Malaika laid down slowly. He knew to trust Simba when it came to others that he claimed to know.
Malaikia bowed his head slightly and spoke peaceifully to the other lion.

"Samahani. I didn't know if you were Yahe or Adui. These are troubled times out here right now especilly with a lot of Maadui about."

Translations
Samahani = forgive me
Yahe = friend
Adui = enemy singular
Maadui = enemy plural

sorce

http://research.yale.edu/cgi-bin/swahili/main.cgi?right_frame_src=http%3A//research.yale.edu/swahili/serve_pages/dictionaries_en.php

Kijana
August 6th, 2005, 04:47 AM
His pair of darkened emerald orbs immediately fastened upon the young leonine. Practically everything else was tuned out as he just stood there and gazed at the young cub. Several emotions flowed across his face almost like water, from startlement at the sound of his name coming from quite a familiar voice, even though it had been a long while. The little one standing before him certainly had not changed one iota from the last time he had seen this individual and he was somewhat confused and puzzled that nothing had changed. Well, other than what he saw in the cub's eyes, for he definitely had grown older in respect to the light shining out of them. Still rather unsure as to what lay in plain sight before him, he cautiously uttered a name he had not spoken in a long time. "Simbaji...?"

Countless images seemed to flow across his inner vision as he dredged up memories long buried. Memories that were, for the most part, filled with emotion he had not felt in what seemed like ages. A recalling of an old friendship, and one that had grown into a very deep and special one, filled with a deep fondness. Once more he focused on the young ball of mischief and mayhem before him, his gaze then shifting to the newcomer. At the young leonine's greeting he smiled a little uncertainly and responded. "Hello..."

Kijana's attention was drawn back to the larger male and he watched in silence for a few more heartbeats. Bringing himself to rest uopn his haunches, he dipped his head in greeting and resplied. "I don't hold anything against you..." And then he gave a slight smile as he tilted his head a bit. "And definitely Yahe, as Simbaji can attest to." Then he grew serious once more. "Isn't that the truth... I had a close encounter myself rather recently."

MehndiX
August 6th, 2005, 11:46 AM
OOC: Sorry if I'm a bit rusty, it's been a while.

Feirefiz body was weak and worn by this point, the endless days of searching, hoping to find what he'd lost. He was not able to go further today. He found himself a rock jutting from the warm dirty and laid himself down on it. So long he'd been off chasing his windmills, and it took him further and futher from home. He often felt the windmills were indeed giants he would never overcome.

He looked around, there seemed to be many animals here, a peaceful and prosperous land perhaps? He shifted his weight and laid lengthwise on his rock and began to clean the cracked skin of his pawpads. He didn't know if he'd found home but something...a smell, the landscape, perhaps a memory made him feel like something in this land was right. He just couldn't shrugg off the feeling.

He'd been wandering now for nearly 3 or 4 years. He'd almost forgotten the faces of his pride. He wondered if they remained as one or if time had played its game and scattered them to the wind.

In between his thoughts he'd pause and listen. The grass in the wind calmed him. He'd catch himself in a moment of curiosity, his whiskers pushed forward but soon relaxed as he'd continue his grooming. The days were long and he didn't often get the chance to groom and rest. His black fur was dulled by the gathered dust in his fur. "How iconic" he thought, "Something that once shown bright now dull..."

He moved from his paws down to the tuft of fur on his tail, all while taking in the moment of peace, and watching the other animals. One group in perticular. But he need not conern himself at this point he reminded himself. He feared he was slipping from his Knightly dream.

Malaika
August 6th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Malaika nodded to kijana.

"I am Malaika. Once proud king of the Heartland lion pride that once lived in the shadows of Kilimanjaro, I am the sole survivor. Now I am just a storyteller and banner knight to the Mizaati Mara pride."

Malaika stil used the title banner knight though he wasn't sure if he still was. He didn't remeber simba ever giving it back to him. Though he was a knight and a very good one since he had survived the great poacher war that claimed the lives of hunams and his pride, not only his pride but also every other pride that joined. Though none had survived. He had seen more death in that few days than he'd ever want to see again.

He looked over at simba and lowered his head wondering if simba and kijana had been as they were now. He never wanted to lose him and he promised to always protect him. It would hurt the older lion if he lost the cubs 'affection' to some one else. Yet there was more between Malaika and simba than what showed in the last week or so. only time would tell if the fires were stil lit once the journey was over.

Titus
August 6th, 2005, 04:31 PM
"I don't know I can't make out the sound" Titus hears a bit more.

simbaji
August 8th, 2005, 02:36 AM
simba looked briefly to Kovujin and nodded at the question as to wether this new lion was another friend of his; and indeed he was. He smiled to the other cub to let him know that they were in very good company. After waiting a moment to let Malaika introduce himself a little more he spoke. He could see the recognition and confusion alike in Kijana's eyes. He was glad more than anything for the first. He too wanted to know the reason for his lack of physical growth. At first it seemed to be some sort of game or maybe fond hope, but as time drew on it was clear that the cub wasn't growing any larger. To most it seemed a paradox or perhaps a disease that maybe plagued the cub. There was one though who knew the truth, and in time that truth would be revealed to the young cub. The answer however would come to hold more mystery and danger than the question itself.

Winds that had been, always been, his constant companion in this life seemed to circle about the group; happy and reassuring in it's own way. The fields of grass also bent and flowed to the adulation and entreaty of the breaths that africa took. No one knew that these winds also seemed to unknowingly mask the presence of another who sat, watching in the distance. The circle of life was drawing it's arches wide and many friends who had become seperated over time were finding their way back for a moment - perhaps a measure of sentiment on the part of the lands themselves to reassure everyone that the journey of life was not always traveled alone, nor lost to the chaos of time and distance. So much was at stake in life. It wasn't always the trials and dangers of others that had to be overcome. Sometimes the single chance for one to find themsef and come to truely know who they are, or cementing a bond that could endure any calamity, any hardship - even death - that, that was sometimes the greatest challenge of all.

simba smiled at Kijana and nodded, letting him know that it was indeed the same cub from all those years ago. The youth was obviusly happy to see that Kijana had continued to fair as well as he did. Wandering alone was something he knew was dangerous, but simba always returned at some point to the pridelands or his homelands. And in that moment a feeling of peace welled up within him for Kijana, who now stood here with him, with the others, he too had come home. No matter the time spent together, though he wished dearly for it to be more than he was normally granted, was always cherished. He approached his friend and after a moment's pause he nuzzled into the amber lion. After asking how he was, he continued. He wished he could take hours, even days to talk with Kijana, but as it was he was left with the only choice he had, to start finding out how he'd made it this far and if there were any reason he were in the area.

"I wish I could answer the question I'm sure you're thinking, but all I know is that it's wonderful to see you again! I have so many questions of my own. How did you find your way here?"

Kijana
August 8th, 2005, 05:15 AM
His dark emerald orbs shifted to the left, head turning in that direction slightly, as he became lost in thought. Tendrils of remembrance coiled themselves around him like vines climbing in a spiral up a dendric bole. Too many memories he did not really wish to recall, of the time he had spent struggling to hold his own pride together. For an occasional time of respite it appeared things were going quite well, but more often than not it was one conflict after another. His right eyebrow drew down as he gave a frown, wanting to push back all the memories.

"And now I'm just a wanderer with broken hopes and lost dreams." He wasn't sure if he was making any sense, for he had given voice to the collage of memories that only he had access to. That is, unless he chose to tell of his own story, but it was something he wasn't willing to do at this point in time.

However, a pleasant distraction presented itself in the form of a rather small rambunctious and mischievious ball of fur. At least that's how he always remembered Simbaji. The cub had made his way into the older lions heart like few others had been able. So there was always that one special place where he kept those precious memories tucked away in a protected niche.

He took in a deep breath and then let it out long and slow before replying to the young cub's query. "Well, just by wandering about. I haven't had any particular destination in mind, so long as I went in the direction of the sun's setting." He gave a kind of shrug with his shoulders.[i/] "I needed a breather from a rather demanding taskmaster of mine." [i]The older lion just smiled a bit, to show that it was a bit of a jest he was making. His 'taskmaster' was really just someone who had become an old friend; and she was trying to knock some sense into his hard head.

He looked from the young lions to the one who apparently had been leading them. "So... where are you all going?"

Mizani
August 8th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Mizani had run ahead of Titus. In pursuit of her friends, they were no where to be seen.
Whne she arrived at the last spot where Malaika and Simbaji had been, to her dismay they had moved on.

Forgeting about Karifu and Titus, she dashed ahead.
They had indeed goen father then she'd first expected, and soon she realised that it would take atleast two whole days before she caught up with them.

May as well make a start. She thought to herself.

And with that she began to follow the two lions scent.

Malaika
August 8th, 2005, 01:22 PM
"We are heading to Mt. Kilimanjaro. We are in search for an answer. Yet I think we may be followed. Last night we came upon a couple of rougues."

He looked at simba and then to kovujin before moving closer and whispering the rest into Kijana's ear.

"I think they want to kill us. Especially Kovujin. In dreamscape last night I heard them talking. It seems that his family holds the same kind of secret my family does."

Malaika didn't know that they weren't going to be after Kovujin but rather simba.

Kovu The Lion
August 8th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Kovujin smiled, "I'm just following them, I have no clue where were going other than to Malaika's home land. I'm just a cub, heck what do I know" Kovujin said with a wink.

what were they talking about, why Couldn't Malaika say what he said to Kijana out loud, was it about him. or.. was it about Simba or both, He had no clue, maybe it was one of those things adults only tell each other

Kijana
August 9th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Upon Malaika's mention of rogues, he reflected back upon his brief and harrowing encounter not all that long ago. It had been not too long before his inadvertent trespass into a pride's territory. That had resulted from him shifting direction to avoid two rogues he had caught a glimpse of. Fortunately for him he was the one downwind and so was able to make a discreet exit.

His gazed focused upon the other lion once more and then responded with a whispering of his own. "It's possible that a couple of rogues I had a near run-in with not too long ago were the very ones who are hunting you." He paused to slide a glance toward the pair of cubs before continuing. "Do you have any plan as to how we could circumnavigate them and avoid getting caught?"

Titus
August 9th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Titus noticed that Mizani was gone and he had no idea where she went off to "Mizani?"he looked around wondering where she went"Mizani?!?!" he looked at the ground and noticed that it was Mizani's foot prints "don't worry Mizani i'm on my way"

Malaika
August 10th, 2005, 04:04 AM
Malaika whispered quietl.

"The place we are heading is to the north. I belive they think we are going to the south.we won't have long before they are on us if they realised that we have gone around them instead of strait to uncle's cave. We must stop at my parents cave just south of the ruined village."

Kijana
August 11th, 2005, 02:40 AM
He glanced in the cubs' direction before replying and stopped short of asking a question. The idea of cubs tagging along on such a venture wasn't all that appealing, but then he didn't know the circumstances surrounding their journey up till now. Bringing his gaze back to Malaika, he said, "I might as well accompany you and take part in whatever perils you're bound to face."

He didn't give voice to what else was going through his mind. The idea of going near any human habitation, even if abandoned, didn't set well with him. He had been fortunate to have avoided human contact throughout his life so far.

There was something about humans that didn't set well with him. Maybe, while making the journey with them, he can sift through his memory for any stories he made have been told when he was a cub. With a whispering sigh he lifted his emerald gaze toward the heavens and tossed a brief prayer to the stars above.

Malaika
August 11th, 2005, 05:09 AM
"We must move on."

Malaika sighed inwardly as yet some one else joined in. First he had lost a friend in the night, then a couple others followed him and got left behind, than the cub tagged along, and now Kijana. Malaika didn't know about any one else but he knew that Simba and Kovujin wern't warriors or fighters. He strted to get even more worried as they would press on and if found by the rouges what would they do? He knew he could fight them off but not with young ones around to get hurt. He and Kijana would both have to carry one and run as fast as they could to get them to safty before they, if Kijana could fight, could defen the two. They would be out numbered but not very out muscled. Malaika was very well built for his age. He was a little past his prime but still looked young when he is happy. Though rarely ever smiles any more. He knew that he could still put up a good fight if push came to shove. He would protect those he love at even the cost of his life.

Kovu The Lion
August 11th, 2005, 05:29 AM
"Do you two want me and Simba to walk or what?" Kovujin asked curiously,
"If so i'll walk a lot faster than I usually do, I can see you want to get out of here Malaika" Kovujin said with a smile appearing on his face.
Why was it that Kovujin felt happy around Malaika, was it that he always felt safe around him? Or was it that he reminded him so much like his father, Or was it both of those reasons.

Malaika
August 11th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Malaika looked back at the cub.

"We'll walk. It may take longer but we also need to keep our guard. either way it would take as long."

Kovu The Lion
August 11th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Kovujin smiled,

"Well I'll keep look out from behind us.. I wont let anything escape my field of vision" Kovujin said trying to act brave, "And i'll tell you if I see anything" Kovujin said with another smile.

Malaika
August 11th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Malaika nodded trying not to smile at the little cubs antics. It wasn't to hard to hide his smile.

"We'll move out when every one is ready."

Kovu The Lion
August 11th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Kovujin smiled and raised his paw,
"Raise your paw if your ready" Kovujin said aloud so everyone could hear him, but not loud enough so that they could be spotted by someone or heard.

Killress
August 13th, 2005, 07:54 PM
There could be a rustle heard nearby, and a grumble to soon follow. A rather irritated Tigon would be the cause of it all. In the night, he could hardnly be seen amongs any grass or bushes, his fur was just dark enough to blend in with the ground, and his stripes nearly mimiced grass strands perfectly. He'd been quiet for the most part, stalking his prey,a small rodent of some sort. However, he'd been so low to the ground that when he stood, he smashed his head into a low branch. Thus the grunt.

He came stumbling out of where he had been hiding. Honestly he hadn't meant to cause any comotion, but he didn't quite know that there was anyone else nearby. Bright reddish orange eyes widened as he spotted others, lions, and it would seem that the older ones were a good bit larger than himself. Sometimes he hated being a Tigon due to the fact that his size was dwarfed. He still could put up a fight if need be. But oh he hoped need didn't be tonight.

IrishKiara
August 13th, 2005, 08:56 PM
-=Azaria moved among the tall grasses, her mahogany colored fur blending in with the darkness. She yawned a bit as she padded along, keeping her body somewhat lowered. She licked her tanned muzzle, freeing the fur from the blood that was smeared across it. She had just finished a lovely meal, which happened to be a small antelope that she had caught not to far from here. She smirked smuggly to herself, happy with her kill and her full stomach. She can't even remember the last time she had had a filling meal.=-

That hit the spot...

-=Said the young lioness , her blue eyes sparkling in the moonlight as she continued on. Her ears perked up suddenly. She raised a brow as she heard a grunt, but kept moving on, her black paws caressing the earth below her. She was a bit tired this evening, which resulted in her bumping into something rather large. She wrinkled her nose and jumped back, looking at what she ran in to. she raised a brow as she gazed upon the Tigon=-

sorry bout that...

Malaika
August 14th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Malaika's ears perked instantlyand looked off in the direction of the noise. Quickly he slid silently from sight and into the tall grass no longer able to bee seen by any one. Was it just his parinoia or was there others out there. Could it be some one from the Rougse pride or was it just some rouges who would join in the quest. In the end it would come down to a fight between Malaika's rabble of fighters and the semi-trained fighters of the Rogue's Shadow. Malaika hoped that it wouldn't come to that but you could never be too sure.

Whom ever was out there probably knew what they were doing and just made a slight error or thie animal was a total puts that was just out for a midnight snack. Either way he wanted to make sure they wouldn't become prey. Though he left simba and kovujin alone they were at least, for now, in the safe company of kijana. Malaika slid up behind kijana and whispered into his ear before he slid off into the pitch black area around them.

"Keep the cubs safe."

The moon was in its new phase and wouldn't give away his position very well. Sliding like the small gust of wind in the area he moved in the direction of the noise tuning every little noise waiting for the sound of another sigh so he could pinpoint the exact location of the intruder.

MehndiX
August 14th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Feirefiz stretched and rolled onto his back. The resting had done him well and he felt like he would explore the area a little more. He sighed and rolled off of the rock he had been laying on. His white paws thoomped in the dirt below them. It felt good to have the cool earth below him. Not on a mission or a journey, but just feeling the land. He was thristy...

He surveyed what he could see and figured he may as well search for a cool drink.

He padded along, not trying to hide himself or be secretive. He was tired of that. So often that he passed though another prides home and would hide and stalk on by. But here it seemed as if there was no need.

As he wandered along he caught a smell so familiar. As if he knew the animals who they originated from. It had been such a long time that he doubted his mind and tried to ignore it. It was most likely a trick of the mind. A memory so strong you can feel and smell it. He stopped again and smelled the air deeply. And wished it was true.

Killress
August 14th, 2005, 04:20 PM
He grunted after being stumbled into by the female, and just turned his head, eyes quickly rolling sarcastically. He narrowed those glowing embers quickly after the sarcasm, eyeing her for a moment longer than perhaps he should have.

" Shh.... There's others. Leave me alone."

Okay, perhaps that was a bit cold, but he didn't want to get caught or attacked because of her. He huffed near silence as he furrowed his brows, the moon's light barely catching his fur, his stripes and coloring kept him well hidden in near every circumstance, this being no exception.

Black hooked nose raised into the air, taking in a deep breath before he let it out, eyes once more narrowing to mere slivers. He knew there was someone else there, more than one at that. He picked up quite a few scents. Well. Murok was in no mood for a fight. He took a few steps towards the hidden grouping and just sat his rear upon the ground. He would then clear his throat and bow his head, speaking quite aloud.

" If you think I'm going to attack, be assured that I mean you no harm. I am not speaking for the lioness, I haven't a clue as to her motives or her existance. But you've only got a friend in me."

He would remain bowed head there, eyes closed, showing complete submission. Murok, unlike his long-lost sister, was not out to kill. He was just a mixed creature with a peaceful mind.

Malaika
August 14th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Malaika moved slowly the right back side of the creature and spoke in his deep boming accent.(think Sean Connery)

"Is that so? Many have said the same thing tet there not here with us."

You'd think that with the sound of Malaika's voice that it would make anyone tremble in fear. Evenas he spoke he couls still not be seen by anyone.

"If you are indeed what you say you are then give us your name and the land in which you come from. After that well we'll just see what happens."[/i]

Killress
August 14th, 2005, 05:13 PM
He almost shuddered at the voice, however he stayed perfectly still, head bowed, eyes remaining shut gently. His ears folded back however, resting against his skull, the white spot on them obvious even in the dim light.

" My name is Murok. I have recently left my pride in Harmony Gorge to more or less find myself and a suitable home. I've commited no crime, nor do I plan to. If you chose to judge me before knowing me, then I say you're making a rather big mistake."

His voice was strong and clear, and then he sat up, eyes wandering about.

" If you wish to make yourself known, it wouldn't be minded at all. I hate talking to shadows."

Malaika
August 14th, 2005, 07:40 PM
"As you wish, just remember any wrong moves would be your last."

At that Malaika steped out from behind the tigon and and sat back on his haunches ready to attack if need be.

"So tell me, have you come across any rouges? hmm. Have you made sure you wern't being followed?"

Killress
August 14th, 2005, 08:33 PM
He quickly turned around to face him, then resumed his seat upon the ground. All those questions. He just furrowed his brows, shaking his head lightly.

" There's a female back there, but I haven't the foggiest as to what she's doing or where she went. She didn't look to have ill intent, but then again I didn't look too long. And.. I'm pretty sure I wasn't followed."

He shrugged his shoulders soflty, claws idly dipping out of thier sheaths to grasp at the dirt beneath his feet, then disapear again.

Malaika
August 15th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Malaika nodded and proceeded to get as much as he can on any news coming out of the heartlands.

"Have you heard anythoing out of the north? Or have you not hear anything from there since the poacher war? Or has your family not heard news since the pride wars?"

Sure it had been almost two years since the pride wars that nearly wiped out the eastern prides but the mesangers that would comunicate over Dreamscape had been kiled in the battles and no one knew the art or way to visit dreamscape.

Killress
August 15th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Well, we can just say that Murok was more than confused by this male. He would slowly gather himself to his feet, shaking his head a few times, the striped half-mane just fluffing a bit at the actions.

" I'm not from this area... I do not have any idea where my family is now adays, nor do I care. They chose to leave me to myself due to thier own foolishness. Now I wander, from place to place. It just so happens that our paths have crossed on this day."

He took a few steps towards Malaika, and just raised an eyebrow. A look of contemplation took him over.

" What is your name? I notice you hold yourself much higher than me, for whatever reason. We are but strangers and you have no need to try and overpower me. I'm not going to attack you or your friends. If you wish to have my company, I'm willing to protect the cubs from whatever dangers that may be encountered. I'm told I come from a strong line of hunters and huntresses, I'm sure I could come in hand.

However. If you do not wish that, then leave me be and I'll continue about my way."

Malaika
August 16th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Malaika sneared and lowered himself a bit in contempt.

"Probably best if you came with us. you never know who you might run into and the fact that you ran into us would be enough to even hurt you. For you see we are truely the ones being hunted though we have evaded them for the time being. We must still travel to the heartlands where they now reside. My familes once proud kingdom laid low by... humans."

Malaika spat to the side represent how much he loathed humans even though he only loved one human. After all they did destroy his homeland and had taken his family from him.

"I am Malaika Heart Mizaati, Storyteller and knight to the Mizatai Mara Pride and heir to the Heartland Pride or rather whats left of it. We are on our way to find an answer. You will join us. For now we must hurry. I don't trust you yet. Prove your trust to me and we'll see what happens from there."

At that Malaika turned and padded over to Kijana, Kovujin, and simba. With a sour look upon his face he grabbed Simba carefully and walked to the east.