PDA

View Full Version : The Lion king liveaction sequel

Kossu
September 29th, 2020, 06:41 PM
https://www.ign.com/articles/the-lion-king-sequel-moonlight-director-barry-jenkins-mufasa-origin-story

Oh boy.

KanuTGL
October 8th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Siiiigh.

It being a prequel, the only thing I'm sort of looking forward to in all my schadenfreude is to see the semi-canon evangelists implode when they can't all push their fanon as canon down everyone's throats any more~ Goodbye Ahadi and Uru and Taka, mwahahaha :jejeje:

I don't know, I'm thinking it might finally free some people from the semi-canon box and we can all be creative with the brothers' backstory again. Because it won't matter any more~ I sure as heck won't consider this prequel canon xP

Taneli
October 11th, 2020, 12:33 PM
If Disney must insist on doing live action movies, I'd honestly like to see them make a feature movie of The Lion Guard, given its popularity. That said, I'm not really a fan of the live action stuff, it feels a bit "off" to me somehow. That said, I am looking forward to the Robin Hood one. I think this is largely because Robin Hood featured anthro/humanoid animals in the original, so just making them look a bit more realistic wouldn't be too bad I don't think. I could be wrong though XD

Kossu
October 16th, 2020, 07:58 PM
Whaaaat, Disney is also making a CGI remake of Robin Hood? That's...intriguing.8O

Taneli, I too wish we got more from "The Lion Guard", but I'm afraid it's not so likely. I don't think anything else was as profitable as the CGI remake of the Lion King...and of course Disney won't miss the chance for another cash-grab film.

Though, like Kanu said, I am a bit curious too about how it's going to affect the whole semi-canon lore that we've known all these years. And then imagine, what if it ends up being just a cheap Chronicles of the Pridelands storyline.:jejeje: