PDA

View Full Version : Skype group call, anyone?

nathalie
May 1st, 2020, 01:45 AM
I remember the days we used to do voice group chats on yahoo messenger.

Maybe we could do like a big video call?
Apparently you can do a video call with many users on Skype.
I've had a look at Zoom, but the free version only allows for a 40 minute call.

Just thought it could be some fun times now :)

I'm sure that if there's interest we can find a time and a way to all have a chat.

Kossu
May 1st, 2020, 10:33 AM
Could be nice, though I feel a bit shy, since I haven't met any of you IRL.:zazublush::lol:

I have to say, I haven't used skype in years though. We always used it with my bf in the past, when we were still in long distance, but at some point there were too many issues and we migrated to Discord.

Facebook messenger also allows group calls of up to 50 people from what I've heard. I've used it a few times recently to talk/ videocall with my friends from Greece and it was quite alright(we tried it with 6-7 people though).:thinks:

nathalie
May 1st, 2020, 11:36 AM
Ah, didn't knew messenger could do it.

But yeah, could be fun ^^

nathalie
May 4th, 2020, 04:15 PM
Come on guys, don't be shy :p

Kossu
May 5th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Perhaps we could make a facebook conversation group? Then, whoever wants to, could start a call and whoever is available at the time and wants to, could join? I just imagine it might be difficult to coordinate people from different time zones...Maybe such a system might give more freedom/ make it easier to join, if there's no pressure to commit to a specific time/day...?

Of course not everyone might have facebook or want to use that platform...Just an idea.:thinks:

nathalie
May 5th, 2020, 09:24 PM
Wouldn't matter where really... I'll edit the topic title. See if that helps :p

KanuTGL
May 5th, 2020, 10:34 PM
I haven't used Skype in years and years. I'd be more open to a Facebook call-thingy though :)

nathalie
May 6th, 2020, 08:27 AM
I had changed the topic title, or so I thought, but that didn't seem to work apparently.

As said above, doesn't really matter where.
I said Skype to begin with, as I didn't knew you could do multiple video's on other places.

Sadiki
May 10th, 2020, 04:46 AM
ewww... Skype...:lol:Skype has pretty bad latency issues that I have noticed with my brother, so not ideal option for group chats that are happening internationally. We could create discord channel instead which to my knowledge stays open as long as person who opens it, is on ( has discord on) . Other option could be the facebook messenger though, VoiP through websites is often quite laggy.I do have good memories though from Yahoo and MSN chats back in 2004-2005 :lol: ... Then life happened and things got busy... But hey, now that we can't go anywhere, No one can give excuse that they have to go because they promised to go see an old friend. ;)

nathalie
May 10th, 2020, 10:27 PM
We both got Discord.

KanuTGL
May 11th, 2020, 12:02 AM
Discord is good :D It could be fun with a Lea server :)

Sadiki
May 11th, 2020, 03:17 AM
well I created server if people want to join, here is the link https://discord.gg/TsbV5H7 I'm not sure if I will be on and talking there today, but my computer is typically on from around 9:30am Pacific Time and I usually don't close it until I go to bed which is around 11pm-12am. Not sure what happens to the server once I go to bed though I guess we will find out.

Sadiki
May 11th, 2020, 08:39 PM
Ok, so Kanu and Kossu both got on the server while I had computer off, which means the server is running while host is not on, so if anyone wants to chat, see if someone is on or anything like it, above link should work.

Guntur
May 18th, 2020, 07:04 AM
Discord huh? :thinks::thinks::thinks::thinks: