PDA

View Full Version : Just in case you ever wondered...

2 Die FR
January 22nd, 2005, 05:53 AM
...what it's like to have paws for hands, this is your chance!!
OK, you're gonna read this and think I'm really weird, but I got this out of a life science book my younger brother has and thought it was interesting.
It's this- lions have paws. Paws do not have thumbs. Thumbs let us humans do countless things, including letting me type these words.
SOOOOO....
What would happen if you DIDN'T have thumbs??
No, no, it's not what you're thinking, so don't get out any knives or anything- that's messy! :evilgrin::gasp: ...jk
Just take a good long piece of tape and wrap it around one hand, so that your thumb is kept in place on your palm, but not over your other fingers so you still have use of them and not so tight you lose circulation or anything, I wouldn't want you to do that. :cheese:
Then spend a few minutes just going about doing normal things around the house. It's weird, especially if you try to write!
Obviously, lions can't do some things we can. They cannot point. They cannot pick up things. So when the Disney animators did TLK they took that into account in creating the characters.
btw- you can take off the tape now lol

Simba '04
January 22nd, 2005, 06:49 AM
alrighty than.....can I cheat and use my feet? :p, :lol:...I don't think I am going to try this because I have already done this for some school project years ago and it was quite :hmm: interesting and unusual

Endra
January 22nd, 2005, 12:50 PM
Aye, I did it for school last year. We were supposed to take off the tape after that class period... but I didn't. :evilgrin:

I kept my thumbs wrapped up all day :D

Simba_TLK
January 22nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
thats interesting ;)
i should try that sometimes :p

im trying to pickup stuff without using my thumb now and its not that easy like you say :lol:

Kovu
January 22nd, 2005, 02:38 PM
It's still possible to use the mouse, though. :D

Darkslash
January 22nd, 2005, 05:47 PM
But can pawed lions Fly A Plane? (http://rplaf.proboards44.com/index.cgi)

LunarCat
January 22nd, 2005, 06:29 PM
someone did this as a science project at my school! i did pretty well if i say so myself. :diva: ;)

Roku
January 23rd, 2005, 12:57 PM
*Is running around on all fours having fun, singing "Born Free".*
Yeah, we did this in school one time, back when I was a Freshman. It is hard! But lions and other four leggers can do it! So we can try!

Darkslash
January 23rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
See now ya gotta try walking on all fours with the correct stepping pattern!

SimbaTLK1
January 23rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
How come all you guys did this in school. I never did it. :hmm: What class was it for? I'm gonna have to try this sometime...

Simba Child
January 23rd, 2005, 09:28 PM
I did that and I couldn't even open a jar of peanut butter!:D

TakaTiger
January 23rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
ahh, ive herd of ppl doin this, but im outta tape ><

Shatara
January 23rd, 2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Darkslash
See now ya gotta try walking on all fours with the correct stepping pattern! I can do that. I can do that quite well :P

In fact, 'bear crawling' was the only thing I could do up 'Cardiac Hill' better then all teh other l33t Ranger wannabes :p

lion_roog
January 24th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Simba Child
I did that and I couldn't even open a jar of peanut butter!:D

I don't even need hands to do that....I can do it with my face....seriously....:D

2 Die FR
January 25th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
I don't even need hands to do that....I can do it with my face....seriously....:D
LOL:lol: :lol:
sounds like lots of you folks had the same life science book my younger brother has...textbooks must be universal:Ooo:

Sharifu
January 26th, 2005, 07:32 AM
I've never done that before... But I can imagine how hard it would be... Just trying it without taping my thumbs is hard.

Suki
February 24th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I did this all day a couple days ago since I was reading this thread. So, I did this all day at school the next day. :p It was a piece of cake for me. :p

2 Die FR
February 25th, 2005, 12:09 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You Know I'm not liable for any personal injury or humiliation, right? :bleen:

starlioness
February 25th, 2005, 10:48 AM
you think that's hard, try taping 2 fingers at a time but make sure your ring finger and your pointer finger aren't taped together and still have your thumb taped and now do things.. I think it's like having deer or cow hooves or something like that:confused:

Suki
March 2nd, 2005, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by 2 Die FR
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You Know I'm not liable for any personal injury or humiliation, right? :bleen:

:lol::lol::lol:

Everyone kept on asking, "What the heck happened to your hand?""What happend?" "Are you okay?" :lol::rolleyes:

Azerane
March 2nd, 2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Suki
:lol::lol::lol:

Everyone kept on asking, "What the heck happened to your hand?""What happend?" "Are you okay?" :lol::rolleyes:

:lol: Suki, what did you tell them?

Sombolia
March 2nd, 2005, 06:13 AM
I wanna try! oO Tomorrow...

unregistered user
March 4th, 2005, 09:49 AM
I haven't tried this, but I might once I feel whacky enough :D

lion_roog
March 4th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Azerane
:lol: Suki, what did you tell them?

I woulda told them....I got them injured from a running lawnmower.....those blades hurt!!!.....and there was NO candy!!!.......:D

I haven't tried this, but I might once I feel whacky enough :D

In the Immortal words of Lion Roog....."Do iiiiiiittttttt"........:D

unregistered user
March 4th, 2005, 10:03 AM

In the Immortal words of Lion Roog....."Do iiiiiiittttttt"........:D [/B]

:eww: I'm actually doing it right now! lol. That didn't take long.

lion_roog
March 4th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Ramala
:eww: I'm actually doing it right now! lol. That didn't take long.

Sweet!!!...:D .....I would try....but it would eliminate my ability to count......:D

unregistered user
March 4th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Sweet!!!...:D .....I would try....but it would eliminate my ability to count......:D

Awwwwwwww, poor guy. Does that come with being illiterate? lol.:cheese:

Iestyn
March 4th, 2005, 10:54 PM
I had to have my thumb taped under my hand once when I broke it playing rugby, I'll have to break my thumb again someday :D

unregistered user
March 4th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Iestyn
I had to have my thumb taped under my hand once when I broke it playing rugby, I'll have to break my thumb again someday :D

Ouch! Be nice to youself. :browlift:

Iestyn
March 4th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Why? My body isn't nice to me :D Besides, self bodily harm is fun in rugby matches :D

unregistered user
March 4th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Iestyn
Why? My body isn't nice to me :D Besides, self bodily harm is fun in rugby matches :D

Well, I wouldn't know.:evilgrin: I personally don't make a habit of breaking my fingers, though breaking small bones seems to be a talent of mine.

lion_roog
March 5th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Awwwwwwww, poor guy. Does that come with being illiterate? lol.:cheese:

:haha:....I think it comes with me being an idiot a little more......:D

I broke my thumb once while playing ball....didn't stop me from playing....that's the only time I've been seriously injured other than the 8 months my back was messed up from playing tackle football.....:D

nafklt
March 5th, 2005, 10:52 AM
At least it's still pawsible to kill...:hmm: <.< Regard the spelling...

unregistered user
March 5th, 2005, 08:11 PM
:haha:....I think it comes with me being an idiot a little more......:D

I broke my thumb once while playing ball....didn't stop me from playing....that's the only time I've been seriously injured other than the 8 months my back was messed up from playing tackle football.....:D

Youch:confused: Don't worry, you're not the only idiot, it seems. :ayecapn: = me. lol

Iestyn
March 5th, 2005, 10:09 PM
...what it's like to have paws for hands, this is your chance!!
OK, you're gonna read this and think I'm really weird, but I got this out of a life science book my younger brother has and thought it was interesting.
It's this- lions have paws. Paws do not have thumbs. Thumbs let us humans do countless things, including letting me type these words.
SOOOOO....
What would happen if you DIDN'T have thumbs??
No, no, it's not what you're thinking, so don't get out any knives or anything- that's messy! :evilgrin::gasp: ...jk
Just take a good long piece of tape and wrap it around one hand, so that your thumb is kept in place on your palm, but not over your other fingers so you still have use of them and not so tight you lose circulation or anything, I wouldn't want you to do that. :cheese:
Then spend a few minutes just going about doing normal things around the house. It's weird, especially if you try to write!
Obviously, lions can't do some things we can. They cannot point. They cannot pick up things. So when the Disney animators did TLK they took that into account in creating the characters.
btw- you can take off the tape now lol
It's quite ironic really, considering that your avatar is giving a thumbs up ;)

lion_roog
March 6th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Youch:confused: Don't worry, you're not the only idiot, it seems. :ayecapn: = me. lol

:haha:...It's like we're twins.....:D

DarkPaw
September 18th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Oh, you don't need testbooks, just a really over-active TLK-influenced mind...had to bring this back...;D

2 Die FR
September 21st, 2005, 02:01 AM
Oh gosh, not this thread again! :eww:
The thought of a bunch of TLK fanatics with their thumbs taped still haunts me...

Just in case I ever wonder anything again, I give anyone permission to tape my mouth shut.

Melody of Scar
September 21st, 2005, 02:49 AM
Oh gosh, not this thread again! :eww:
The thought of a bunch of TLK fanatics with their thumbs taped still haunts me...

Just in case I ever wonder anything again, I give anyone permission to tape my mouth shut.

*Grabs ye olde duct tapey*

Ready and willing, sir! :ayecapn: