PDA

View Full Version : Lea will go down Beginning of September, we will restore it asap...

Sadiki
August 20th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Hey all!

This is kind of late notice, but unfortunately Lea will probably go down September 1st and how long it will take to restore it is unknown at the time.

This is all due the GDPR which has been in effect since end of May. Kirauni notified me in May that she will have to change the server she is hosting her forum on due the GDPR, but she wont be able to keep hosting Lea any longer because of it, so we Vidan suggested he can host Lea either on his server or on server host he is paying for. The problem is we haven't gotten around doing anything about it as first he had a vacation in beginning of July and in the day of he got back I went to Finland for a month, so we haven't have time to set things up. We will try to get the site set up as fast as we can, but we will also have to figure out how to comply with GDPR as we're serving EU area as well. Vbulletin 5 has update which automatically does everything to comply with the regulations but Vbulletin 4 is not supported any longer so we have to figure out our own way.

As of now I have no estimate when the site will be back on after September 1st, but as both me and Vidan work full time and my school continues tomorrow it might be a while. Mean while I try to keep you guys posted on Lea Facebook page and hopefully the site is not down for too long...

HasiraKali
August 28th, 2018, 11:19 PM
Any news on this?

Sadiki
August 29th, 2018, 05:46 AM
No, I did create a copy of the database a few days ago and will try to get more recent one before the site goes down.

Kirauni
August 30th, 2018, 06:16 AM
Thanks for information, Sadiki!
I'm really sorry things had to go this way. :zazusad:

I really love this community and I'm glad I was able to help out for the last ~5 years, but with all these new regulations and a serious lack of time (I'm going to move next year IRL, and I started to work nearly full-time now) things would have become quite difficult for me. Of course I could have always said that I could just ignore all these regulations (like many people do...) but that's not my way of doing things. So I had to move all my projects to a new server and there I don't have that much space left. And believe it or not: Lea has really grown over the last few years! However I really think that's a good thing. I love what you're doing here and I'm really glad to be a part of this community even if I'm not around everyday :)

I'm very confident that Lea will also cope with the move and live on.

Of course, I'll still be there in case you need technical assistance with moving etc. and I'll keep a backup from all the files here just in case. You never know :zazuinnocent:

Moving a forum can be a really be a demanding job and I wish you good luck and again thank you for taking care of it, Sadiki and Vidan!

Sadiki
August 31st, 2018, 04:17 AM
This is the last update I make here before the site goes down. I currently have both back up of the database as well as the files from the server. Tomorrow morning I plan on closing Lea for a moment so I can get one more database back up from none active site. The plan is to point at least one of our currently active domains on announcement that the site will be down for a while and depending on how challenging the restoration of the site will be I'm hoping to keep people updated in one way or another most likely in Facebook if no where else. I know the challenges configuring Vbulletin has and as Vb4 is not supported anymore, we also still have the GDPR to worry about, though first I need to read exactly what forum like this exactly have to comply with, most likely it will just be additional certificate people will need to agree on when using the site and figure out a way to remove members without a trace if requested.

If anyone has any question you can email me at : simbathemighty ( at ) hotmail.com or on skype: simbathemighty