PDA

View Full Version : 2006 New Dodge vehicles

Simba '04
January 17th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Currently the Dodge Charger, Dodge Viper SRT-10 coupe, and Dodge Magnum SRT-8 have now all been officially unveiled making me jump for joy :p :cheese:

Ok I just made this thread because I wanted to hear your opinions on the new line up for Dodge.

My opinions:

2006 Dodge Charger-
I truly think this car is one incredibly awesome machine and everyone who puts it down is no Dodge fan and could careless about the automotive world. The biggest thing Dodge fans have criticized is the grill in which I have fallen in love with and I beleive it suits the car well.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/dc_street/charger.jpg

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 coupe-
Ok, I am going to have to let this design grow on me and the color chosen for the Gen IV Viper was not too impressive to me because it doesn't fit the car at all. Overall I think it is pretty cool though.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/dc_street/viper.jpg

2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8-
This car is just freakin awesome with 425 HP base without a supercharger or turbo, all HEMI power! I highly look foward to this car and the body package on it is superb.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/dc_street/magnum.jpg

btw: the photos above I made when I was bored :p

soulImbibe
January 17th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Yes let's all applaud Dodge for moving in the right direction as far as fuel economy and the environment are concerned...

[sarcasm]

Simba '04
January 17th, 2005, 06:33 AM
actually Dodge and Chrysler have been doing better with gas mileage and now have a design on the HEMI's that cuts off 4 of the cylinders when not needed to help save gas. If you want gas guzzlers take a look at Chevy and GMC

lion_roog
January 17th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by SoulImbibe
Yes let's all applaud Dodge for moving in the right direction as far as fuel economy and the environment are concerned...

[sarcasm]

As long as the consumer supports it....then you can't pin it all on one group.

Hmmm...My opinion on the new Dodges.....Make them 90% off!....Then I could get one, maybe......:D

Xinithian
January 17th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Eh, I'm not too big of a fan of dodge... in fact, I don't think I even stopped by their display when I went to the LA Auto Show :p

I'd rather have the new Z06 (which looks absolutely incredible, BTW) than the new Viper.

http://www.fast-autos.net/chevrolet/c6z066.jpg

Simba '04
January 17th, 2005, 06:40 AM
your lucky I'm not a mod for Scar's Lair or else I would delete that ugly picture of crap :p, I think the new Corvette is by far the ugliest Corvette in the history of Corvettes, you can not make a American car Japanese, it is just plain retarted

Xinithian
January 17th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Simba '04
your lucky I'm not a mod for Scar's Lair or else I would delete that ugly picture of crap :p, I think the new Corvette is by far the ugliest Corvette in the history of Corvettes, you can not make a American car Japanese, it is just plain retarted Exterior wise, it's debatable, but interior and performance wise you have to admit that it far surpassed all other corvettes. And one of the problems about the old Z06s was that you could only tell by the funny side skirt thing. Now they made it a lot easier to distinguish the two.

lion_roog
January 17th, 2005, 06:46 AM
I am a fan of fast, European-made cars.......:D

Xinithian
January 17th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
I am a fan of fast, European-made cars.......:D Same here. They're more expensive than domestic cars, but they're worth it.

Simba '04
January 17th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Exterior wise, it's debatable, but interior and performance wise you have to admit that it far surpassed all other corvettes. And one of the problems about the old Z06s was that you could only tell by the funny side skirt thing. Now they made it a lot easier to distinguish the two.

maybe...but still the Next Hemi coming out will kick the new Z06 soo bad :cheese:, I love Dodge :hugs:...I mean come on! 600 Horsepower coming from a 7.1 litre HEMI is beyond insane and I sure would love for Chevy or Ford try and do that :lol::lol::lol:

soulImbibe
January 17th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Give me a Honda S2000 and I'll be happy :D

Yeah I know it's only 22 mpg.

Simba '04
January 17th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Give me a Dodge NEON SRT-4 and I will be happy, yeah I know it is only 25 mpg average :(

soulImbibe
January 17th, 2005, 06:55 AM
I would be a fan of the SRT-4 but so many people around here have them... they're quickly becoming the new Mustang for the college crowd.

lion_roog
January 17th, 2005, 06:58 AM
I could only afford a DaeWoo.....:gasp:....But it's great on gas and the name DaeWoo is an anti-theft device in itself......:D

Lion King Stu
January 17th, 2005, 08:21 AM
i like the look of the viper :cheese:

Xinithian
January 17th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Give me a Honda S2000 and I'll be happy :D

Yeah I know it's only 22 mpg. Speed kills. That's why you're safe in a honda. :p

Simba '04
January 17th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Speed kills. That's why you're safe in a honda. :p

:lol: thats funny :p, stupid ricers :idiot:

Darkslash
January 17th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Dodge makes some snazzy cars. I have always held respect for that brand over Ford, Chevy, GMC, Honda, or Toyota.

On another subject: I loathe cars that sound like weedwhackers. I prefer big cars, like the Mercury Grand Marquis.

Xinithian
January 17th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Chrysler makes the best looking American cars. I hear that their quality isn't that good, but I really like the looks of the 300C.
http://www.auto.co.yu/img/download/Chrysler-300C.jpg

Darkslash
January 17th, 2005, 09:18 PM
^ indeed. very classy-looking.

Simba '04
January 18th, 2005, 01:05 AM
That looks like the Chrysler 300C SRT-8, that is one bad beast with 425 HP and a nice shiny 6.1 HEMI engine in it :cheese:, I think they look extremely awesome and Chrysler is headed in the right direction and unfortunately I can't say the same for other car companies. Ford is starting to go down hill with some ugly concepts and Chevy, I can not stand Chevy anymore and what they are trying to do is make Japanese American cars which is retarted, but hey, they can do w/e they want to destroy their original American company.

Xinithian
January 18th, 2005, 01:15 AM
That looks like the Chrysler 300C SRT-8, that is one bad beast with 425 HP and a nice shiny 6.1 HEMI engine in it :cheese:, I think they look extremely awesome and Chrysler is headed in the right direction and unfortunately I can't say the same for other car companies. Ford is starting to go down hill with some ugly concepts and Chevy, I can not stand Chevy anymore and what they are trying to do is make Japanese American cars which is retarted, but hey, they can do w/e they want to destroy their original American company. What do you mean by "Japanese American"? Besides, I'd rather a Japanese inspired American car, since the Japanese seem to be doing the best with their cars.

Simba '04
January 18th, 2005, 01:16 AM
they are all starting to look like Japanese cars with their body style and I think they are extremely ugly

Xinithian
January 18th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Speaking of cars, I got the Aston Martin brochure CD and there are pictures that are 11 MBs each!! They're so high res... if you catch me on AIM I'll try to send them to you.

Simba '04
January 18th, 2005, 01:35 AM
sounds cool dude, I will try and get aim re-installed on this pc sometime tomorrow, right now I'm letting it do some needed updates

Xinithian
January 18th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Here are some of the "regular" pics for the DBR9 from the brochure:

http://speed.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/824262a.jpg
http://speed.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/824262b.jpg
http://speed.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/824262c.jpg
http://speed.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/824262d.jpg

Simba '04
January 18th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Dang, those are some extremely high res photos, that is pretty cool, how did you get the cd?

Xinithian
January 18th, 2005, 02:09 AM
Dang, those are some extremely high res photos, that is pretty cool, how did you get the cd? We went to the LA auto show. At first when my dad went to the Aston showroom (because they always used to let us in before), my dad started talking to the guy and the guy wasn't getting the hint that we wanted to go into the showroom. So, since we didn't think there was much new there and to avoid rudely asking if we could go into the showroom, we just walked away. But then after we walked away, I had forgotten to ask for a brochure so we went back there, and another guy recognized us and let us in.

The DB9 has incredibly comfortable seats, and the interior is perfect. The Vanquish S is much better than the original vanquish (because they added more lines and such to the exterior to make it look better, and they improved the interior).

Kovster
January 18th, 2005, 02:15 AM
I'll be happy with my $150k 600hp 06' Ford GT..
yes, I said it 600hp from a ford car.

soulImbibe
January 18th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Speed kills. That's why you're safe in a honda. :p

I guess I'm also pretty safe in my 2001 Kia Rio... 96HP. Fun stuff.

Xinithian
January 18th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Kovster
yes, I said it 600hp from a ford car. Hah, good luck finding one for 150k... they've all gone up due to markup values. You'd be lucky to find one for 210k.

I guess I'm also pretty safe in my 2001 Kia Rio... 96HP. Fun stuff. Too bad we don't have many of the classic minis here, that's what you would want to trade it in for.

Simba '04
January 18th, 2005, 02:19 AM
We went to the LA auto show. At first when my dad went to the Aston showroom (because they always used to let us in before), my dad started talking to the guy and the guy wasn't getting the hint that we wanted to go into the showroom. So, since we didn't think there was much new there and to avoid rudely asking if we could go into the showroom, we just walked away. But then after we walked away, I had forgotten to ask for a brochure so we went back there, and another guy recognized us and let us in.

The DB9 has incredibly comfortable seats, and the interior is perfect. The Vanquish S is much better than the original vanquish (because they added more lines and such to the exterior to make it look better, and they improved the interior).

that sounds pretty cool!

yes, I said it 600hp from a ford car.

You must not know a whole lot about your supercars, The Ford GT was designed and built by Dodge Viper team members that had been fired. The "Ford" GT is more a "Dodge" GT then a Ford

Xinithian
January 18th, 2005, 02:23 AM
that sounds pretty cool!

You must not know a whole lot about your supercars, The Ford GT was designed and built by Dodge Viper team members that had been fired. The "Ford" GT is more a "Dodge" GT then a Ford But that wouldn't make it a "Dodge" GT. If they weren't working for Dodge, then why would it be a Dodge?

Simba '04
January 18th, 2005, 02:26 AM
They had Dodge brains :p ;)

Kovster
January 18th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Who wants a dodge anyways? There trucks look like somghing from an old cheezy sci-fi flick.. I mean comon why the heck make 18" wheels stock on a truck? thats stupid, you want MORE tire when your in a truck

and obviously Ford has better resources if the "viper" team could come out with a much better looking and perforaming car then Dodge ever will have.

"The 2005 Ford GT's competitors include the Ferrari 360 Modena, the Ferrari 575M, and the Ferrari 612." I like that line, no mention of any other american made car being put head to head in a "Super car".

Simba '04
January 18th, 2005, 02:34 AM
well at least it is better than making "bling bling" wheels for them. Maybe you should do just a little bit of reasearch on trucks and you will come to find out that the Dodge line up of trucks is by far much better than any little pathetic Ford or Chevy. Every single automotive teacher I have had have all said that the Dodge Ram is by far the best work truck you can get and guess what? Only one of the 10 or more teachers was a Dodge fan, the others were Ford and Chevy fans yet they said that the Dodge trucks were much better...that is a bit odd don't you think? Since these old cheezy sci-fi flick trucks are so stupid, then why are they better than the rest? :confused: Please do explain that to me

Kovster
January 18th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Watching you getting worked up is amusing to me, its just a stupid "vehcial"

I have a vehical from each major US manufactor. I have an 1992 Daytona IROC R/T (but that needs new brake lines), a 1996' Z34, and 1992' 300hp F-150 4x4.

Simba '04
January 18th, 2005, 02:40 AM
you stepped in a Lion's den when you thought it would be funny to make a attack at Dodge

Kovster
January 18th, 2005, 02:44 AM
I hate my dodge! and i've hated all the past ones we've had. I keep blowing head gaskets on this Daytona, the old 78' 250 we had dumped 3 trannies. Not to mention my daytona underbody is almost gone! I had an 86' S-10 that less body rust on it!

*hugs his Z34* Gotta love chevy's for there cars and Ford for there 'classic' style in pickups. (the older F-Series from the 80-96 the newers are,, ehh.. bla?)

Juniper
January 18th, 2005, 02:51 AM
I have a Saturn

It's not the best, but it gets me from point A to point B with relatively good mileage so I can't complain.

Xinithian
January 18th, 2005, 04:05 AM
you stepped in a Lion's den when you thought it would be funny to make a attack at Dodge Dodges aren't perfect. People can have their own opinions of them...
If you want to get into a good debate, post on supercars.net.

You can start here: http://speed.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=20888

Sadiki
January 18th, 2005, 08:36 AM
I do like 2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 coupe- the best of thise ;)

lion_roog
January 18th, 2005, 09:02 AM
You better watch out, Simba of Last Year.....Kovster is a redneck...and from my understanding....they like and know about trucks......:D

Kovster
January 19th, 2005, 12:13 AM
yess... we rednecks know our musscle cars!

Xinithian
January 19th, 2005, 12:16 AM
yess... we rednecks know our musscle cars! Which state is WI?

Kovster
January 19th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Wisconsin

Darkslash
January 19th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Which state is WI?

Wisconsin.
^ Wow. *is amazed*

Mabatu
January 20th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I don't particularly like the look of any of those cars to be honest, but that's just my opinion :cheese:

I don't know much about cars at all, nor am i really interested in them. I know i wouldn't get a Ford though because no-one in my family has ever had any luck with them :lol:

BTW i don't think we need to get into a heated discussion about who's opinion is correct here. That's just silly. :confused: I mean, every car is going to have its advantages and disadvantages, and each individual will decide which brand they think it better based on these things. But saying that one brand is better than another isn't a very valid argument. :hakuna:

Ngatuny
January 20th, 2005, 04:18 PM
From the options available I voted for the charger, I'm not the biggest fan of Dodge/Chrysler since my experiences have been both good and bad.

Simba_TLK
January 21st, 2005, 05:46 AM
i dont really like Dodge/Chrysler either, im not basing that on anything in particular, just my personal opinion ;)
also the fact in Aus we dont get any American made cars (other than a few Fords) :p

Originally posted by Mabatu
I mean, every car is going to have its advantages and disadvantages, and each individual will decide which brand they think it better based on these things. But saying that one brand is better than another isn't a very valid argument. :hakuna:
yeah exactly ;)

personally i tend to like Toyota :cheese: but thats me.

when it comes down to it, everybody has different opinions on things
and regardless of how many other people think it is good or not.
as long as they like it, thats all that matters :D

nafklt
November 30th, 2005, 05:20 AM
It's kinda weird that here, in North America, there's such a thing as pickup trucks...:ishconfuzzled: I've never really known what they're for.:confused:

Only-now
November 30th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Um..they are for hauling stuff? Towing things, etc..lol. Yeah, really all the companies have advantages and disadvantages to how theu make their vehicles. It is all really subjective in how a car looks and such. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say...so everyone is different. Just like in music where I dont really like particular bands, I dont like particular companies, only certain cars. I think the new Corvette looks good, but I wouldnt say Im a Chevy fan. The Viper looks pretty good too, not much looks to different to me....and I like Dodge Rams as well..but I am not a hardcore Dodge fan..lol. I like the F-150, and the new mustangs too...so Ford is fine as well. I think that Chystler thing looks like a box or something..its a little too square for me..lol.

I didn't know they had rednecks in WI..lol. *pokes all* Now everyone play nice! ^^