PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Nit!!

Leorgathar
April 5th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Sto lat, mój kolega! :D
I hope you have a great day! :hugs:

Nit
April 5th, 2017, 11:14 PM
:hugs: Awwww, thank you! :D

Have you used Google Translate? It's still clunky in english-polish translations. This sentence can be translated back into english more or less as "Happy Birthday! A buddy of mine". :lol: It's alomst correct though. ;)

Leorgathar
April 6th, 2017, 01:50 AM
Darnit! :lol: actually I didn't, I just recalled it from the time I was in Poland, but I barely learned just basic stuff. I don't think I ever got the grammar rules right. I thought this would be as easy as mój=my kolega=friend, but I guess not :p
Thanks for the lesson xD

Vidan
April 6th, 2017, 02:50 AM
Happy birthday, Nit. Hope it was a good one!

Nit
April 6th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Thanks, Vidan. :3

@ Leorgathar - Ah, I see. Polish is a hard language to learn. I'm impressed with your knowlege anyway. :D
"Mój kolega" means literally "my friend/buddy" but it's only corect in sentence like "This is my friend" - "To jest mój kolega" (when talking about him, nominative). If you want to talk to your friend you use "kolego" (e.g. "Cześć, kolego" - "Hi, buddy" - vocative).
http://i.imgur.com/zIIV2xF.png
"Kolega" is male and "kolega" female. I wouldn't want to learn Polish if it wasn't my native language. xD

BTW. You can pretty much speak Polish without declensions and be understood. It just sounds really weird and... feral? ;)

Kirauni
April 6th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Haha I always thought German was really hard with our 4 cases (Declensions). However, I think we're lucky to have only four of them (nominative, accusative, dative and genitive. However the genitive is very often replaced by a dative case and people got quite used to it).

Anyways... happy birthday to you, Nit :)
Keep up the good work and I hope you could enjoy your birthday.