PDA

View Full Version : Just a Thought

Marah
January 12th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Let's pretend that TLK was never made*gasp* :gasp: :eww::eek:

Is there another Disney film that you can see yourself obsessing over?

I think I'd lean towards Aladdin, only problem is there'd be no cool acronyms like TLK it'd just be 'A' Kinda boring but other that the problem w/acronyms I think that there could be a rather large A fandom.

*shrugz* Just a thought

nathalie
January 12th, 2005, 07:08 PM
I think for me it would be Aladdin also.

King Simba
January 12th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Aladdin and Jungle Book.

Shadow
January 12th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Brother Bear easely.....its like an half prosent bader then TLK

Nephilim
January 12th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Dumbo, probably.

klowd
January 12th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Uhm... Dumbo or Aladdin

Nala-Rules
January 12th, 2005, 07:26 PM
The Jungle Book or Brother Bear

Atimon
January 12th, 2005, 08:05 PM
The Rescuers down under. Jake was my childhood-favourite long before Timon ^^ he still is a bit...oh and i think Home on the Range,too...i loooove Buck xD :p

King Simba
January 12th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Atimon
The Rescuers down under.
Since there's so many Disney movies I happened to somehow forget that one. That's always been one of my faves too. :cheese:

Suki
January 12th, 2005, 09:03 PM
IDK if you're referring to the past or the present, so.....

Past movie (old movie duh): Uh....probably Dumbo.

Present: For a clue...Two Words: Tony Loaf. :lol:

Lion King Stu
January 12th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Brother bear and Disneys animated version of Robin Hood

Shatara
January 12th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Honestly, Prolly 'none of the above'...

Most disney movies I enjoy, but note stuck like Lion King...

Maybe I'd be more of a Tale Spin fanatic, but I cant imagine not being able to cross it with TLK :P

Shadow
January 12th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
Brother bear and Disneys animated version of Robin Hood

todely whit you mate http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/yea_right.jpg

Darkslash
January 12th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Shatara
Most disney movies I enjoy, but none stuck like Lion King...

I'm with you. I have many interests that would take the place of Lion King.

TakaTiger
January 12th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Balto :o

Nala-Rules
January 12th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by TakaTiger
:gasp: I forgot about Balto :alone:
Crackin' movie :D

Shadow
January 12th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by TakaTiger

OMG same here....but i havent seen the secend one i wold like to so much

Nala-Rules
January 12th, 2005, 10:23 PM
You're not missing much Shadow, it's not that good. A half hearted attempt at a sequel to a classic if you ask me. But you're welcome to borrow my DVD of it if you want :D

TakaTiger
January 12th, 2005, 10:26 PM
its like all other seaquals :gasp: the origonal was way better :P

va-kasi
January 12th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Disney:The fox and the hound & Brother bear I think.

Other: Watership down, Balto and Balto 2, The land before time.

Sharifu
January 12th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Oh goodness, there are actually other animated movies I am fan of too... ;) Just TLK is my #1 favorite.

I love Balto, Spirit, Brother Bear, Aladdin, Treasure Planet, Mulan, Tarzan, The Land Before Time, Dinosaur, Secret of Nimh, The Road to El Dorado, Sinbad Legends of the Seven Seas...

Seriously my list could go on... I am a huge animation fan!!! (See why I wanted to be an animator?) ;)

unregistered user
January 13th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Ooh...Movies...wee!

Disney: Sleeping Beauty, Lady n the Tramp (I have the ORIGINAL video cases of them from back in late 80s when they were first released to video), Fox n the Hound, Robin Hood (we all know where the annoying hamster dance song came from), Mulan, Cinderella, Monsters Inc, Incredibles, Toy Story, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, um...there's probably more but I can't remember them...

Other: All Dogs Go to Heaven, Land Before Time, American Tail and American Tail: Fievel Goes West, Anastasia, um...can't think of more...

Anime movies: End of Evangelion (it burns into your head man), Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (even though it was a re-telling of chapter 3 of the manga, I still loved it for it's trippyness and such)

Can't think of any more...it'll come to me later though....

Ngatuny
January 13th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Jungle book was my fav until TLK came along!

Yay for the original Grumpy old panther.http://mars.walagata.com/w/ngatuny/Baghera2.jpg

Shadow
January 13th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu

I love Balto, Spirit, Brother Bear, Aladdin, Treasure Planet, Mulan, Tarzan, The Land Before Time, Dinosaur, Secret of Nimh, The Road to El Dorado, Sinbad Legends of the Seven Seas...
:gasp:

same whit me http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Shadow_89/yea_right.jpg

Sharifu
January 13th, 2005, 07:11 AM
The only anime movie I really like is Princess Mononoke. But then again I don't really watch too much anime. But I would have to say that one is my favorite anime movie. I love the soundtrack too...

Lion King Stu
January 13th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Ok only some disney films I like in no perticular order
Toy Story
Toy Story 2 (not as good as the first)
Disneys Animated version of Robin Hood
Aladdin trilogy
Brother Bear
Jungle Book (I remember loving that film when I was younger)
Bambi (can't remember watching it but its being released on DVD soon so I will be able to watch it again
Mighty Ducks Trilogy (not animated)
Hercules
Dumbo (I loved it)
Snow White and 7 dwarfs (watched this one my times)
Cinderella (first disney film I watched)
Mulan
Peter Pan
101 Dalmations
Alice in wonderland
Mary Poppins
Lilo and Stitch

ok thats enough I think I got loads more

lion_roog
January 13th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Hmmm....not any movie on the scale of the Lion King....but my second favorite Disney movie would probably be a tie between Lilo & Stitch and Bambi.:cheese:

Inuchance
January 13th, 2005, 11:49 AM
A couple of the Disney movies I've been obsessed with when I was younger was Robin Hood, and Oliver and Company. Though, I can't really see myself being obsessed with them now, nor could I see myself playing the soundtracks to them over and over again. :cheese:

Suki
January 13th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Thandi Zakiya
Incredibles

OMG, Iloveyou. *jumps on you*

Of course, TLK topples the Inredibles by,like, 30 points lol

LunarCat
January 13th, 2005, 09:27 PM
101 Dalmatians. The first movie i ever saw in the theaters. I still really like the movie, just not my fave anymore.:D :cheese:

unregistered user
January 13th, 2005, 09:58 PM
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Mulan
Ice Age
Balto

Those are the ones I do obsess over :p

Lion King Stu
January 13th, 2005, 10:30 PM
what is Balto I am sure I have seen it but can't remember it watz it bout again? :confused:

Nala-Rules
January 13th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
what is Balto I am sure I have seen it but can't remember it watz it bout again? :confused:
If memory serves me, it's about a wolf/dog who is hated by everyone in town. And the town gets diptheria or something like that, so they send a dog team (w/o Balto) to go get the medicine. But they get lost, so Balto goes looking for them and brings the medicine back to the town and saves them. I believe that's the jist of it anyways.

Sharifu
January 13th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Lunarcat
101 Dalmatians. The first movie i ever saw in the theaters.

That was the first movie I saw in the theaters too! :lol:

Nala-Rules
January 13th, 2005, 11:04 PM
The first movie I ever saw in the cinema was Bambi :p

BlueStef
January 13th, 2005, 11:05 PM
the aristocats oliver and company and aladin

Lion King Stu
January 13th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Ah I remember Balto now i definaly have seen it..cheers for tht info ;)

Azerane
January 13th, 2005, 11:35 PM
When I was little I loved Dumbo but I haven't seen it in years so I'm not so sure about that anymore.

I really like Bambi and The Fox and the Hound, both very moving. Oh and The Aristocats, I got the video for my 8th Birthday. :D :cheese: Gotta love that movie.

Other animated movies I like are Watership Down, Spirit and Balto -on that thought, I haven't watched Balto in a while. I must do that sometime.

Khaki
January 15th, 2005, 06:32 PM
When i was little 101 dalmations was my favorite movie before the lion king :D ... until the stupid VCR ate my tape :grrr:

Now, nothing would ever be an obsession for me like TLK, but my favorite would probably have to be Beauty and the Beast. :) Such great music

Sombolia
April 17th, 2005, 03:24 AM
The Road to El Dorado xD

I <3 that movie.

Storm90
April 17th, 2005, 06:14 PM
I would probably be obessed with "The Little Mermaid:, "Brother Bear" or "Spirit".

Or

I just stay obsess with Teen Titans...:D

Nalinda
April 17th, 2005, 07:46 PM
If TLK had ever been maid.. I think I wouldnt be so obsessed with an other movie that Disney has done.
Some films I like are Pochahontas and Anastasia (But that one has not Disney done, I think..)

:-)

Opera Ghost
April 25th, 2005, 07:56 PM
No lion king :gasp: unthinkible
well lady and the tramp 2 i loved that film and is a huge fan.

Fyxx
April 28th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Brother Bear defenatly. Koda is just too cute!

Sombolia
April 30th, 2005, 12:56 AM
I just realized how sad my life'd be if there was no TLK :thinks: I mean, if I wasn't here, I'd be over there (http://g*****.proboards44.com) ranting my heart out.. 24/7.. :eek: :p

Mizani
May 1st, 2005, 02:41 AM
Favourite Disney movie if it wasn't TLK eh?
It would probably have to be Hercules cause its got such a simple storyline and it all ends happily.:browlift:
But if it didn't have to be Disney it would be Balto 1 and 3.(didn't like Balto 2:alone: )

unregistered user
May 1st, 2005, 12:05 PM
I like the chinese culture so I do enjoy Mulan a lot. Also, I HATE Anime so it's nice to see something chinese influenced without huge eyes and ridiculous, unnatural expressions.

So, Mulan.

Simba_TLK
May 1st, 2005, 12:47 PM
if there wasnt any TLK :gasp:

then i would be obsessing over Brother Bear ;)

Lucy Lioness
May 21st, 2005, 10:57 AM
Thats a hard one, There are loads of Disney movies I love. Like Hercules, Treasure Planet, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Lady and The Tramp, The Rescuers...and the Rescuers Down Under too, great movie!
But my fave apart from the Lion King is Beauty and the Beast...because Belle loves to read, and so do I. Hehe. And it's a fabulous movie!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/lucylioness/KiaraSmile2.gif http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/lucylioness/KiaraSmile.gif

unregistered user
May 31st, 2005, 10:23 PM
The Incredibles, I know, not really a true disney movie, but, whatever.

{450}