PDA

View Full Version : My First Stop Here

Timitu
December 5th, 2016, 10:20 PM
First: I have been lurking for a few days now and really been enjoying this place a lot. It has been so long since I have seen so many of you guys posting somewhere. Many new names too... or at least new from how I remember you if you happen to have changed it over the years.

Second: Hello everyone, I am Timitu. (Not my real name of course.) :simbawink: I have been part of the Lion King fan community since 2001. (Started at Taka99 but later that year changed my username to, Timitu.) I am also known for running the Secret Santa project over on Lilymud every year for the past 15 years.

* I am a girl, I grew up and lived most of my life in Ontario, Canada.
* I have two cats. I am a dog person, but love all animals.
* I work part time at a restaurant and do special effects make-up on the side. I did work at Walt Disney World as a Canadian Cultural Rep. in Epcot as well as Disney's Art of Animation Resort. I also worked at Universal Studios as well.
* I love to draw, write, go hiking (with the cat) and play video games.

Anyway, yeah... that is me, for anyone who ever wanted to know. I am sure I will be seeing you guys around but thought I would make this my first stop to say hi and (re)introduce myself.

HasiraKali
December 5th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Welcome! :D I seem to remember seeing your name around places before. Welcome to Lea!

KanuTGL
December 6th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Hey Timitu! :D How nice to see you here! Welcome to Lea, it's not always the very liveliest of places, but it's home :simbabiggrin:

I am totally stoked about the Secret Santa, as every year, hehe!

Leorgathar
December 6th, 2016, 07:20 PM
What a nice surprise to see you joining us, Timitu :cheese: it's been somewhat quiet here lately, but it'll pick up again soon, I'm sure of it. Many members here have known each other for many years, so you're in the right place to make new long time friends :)

You're a special effects make-up artist? Wow, that's a skill I would like to have x3 I wonder how your work on that is.
I'm also very excited about the Secret Santa, it's my 3rd year participating :cs_grin:

Anyway, welcome to Lea! ^^

Dare
December 7th, 2016, 04:53 AM
Aha, I've seen your work over on fa.tlk.org.
Salutations!
:)

cleargreenwater
December 7th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Timitu! I know that name, hello :-) Welcome to Lea!

Azerane
December 8th, 2016, 03:41 AM
Oh my goodness! Welcome :) It's really great to have you here!

I am totally stoked about the Secret Santa, as every year, hehe!

:gasp: I missed sign-ups didn't I? Told myself I wouldn't miss it this year!

Guntur
December 8th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Welcome welcome to our humble home. :cheese:

Kopa
December 8th, 2016, 10:59 PM
Welcome to Lea, Timitu! Definitely a name I've seen around! Good to see you join our community! Come make yourself at home! :cheese:

Timitu
December 9th, 2016, 12:30 AM
Thank you everyone. Such a nice welcome. I am still getting used to my way around a bit here. Checking everything out, reading stuff. Learning new people, and seeing people I recognize from the secret santas or from my past in being part of the community. I think I am going to enjoy this place. :)
Yeah the Secret Santa sign ups are closed for this year again. If anyone does want reminders we do have a new Facebook Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/105240576479532/) where reminders are posted when sign ups open. There will be a few mini themed ones but not as many as 2016 had. Valentines Day, Sketch and Music themed ones are probably the three I will do this year.

Kossu
December 13th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Though I'm a little late...Welcome to Lea, Timitu! It's great to have you here! :)

I recognize you from TLKFAA and the Secret Santa as well ( I'm participating for the second time this year, yay! =D ).

Revo
January 3rd, 2017, 01:59 PM
Welcome from me aswell :) . I think I remember seeing that name when I still used to frequent Lilymud. Nowadays I am horrible at checking even here regularly, because life just takes up so much time nowadays :P... But it's always great to find this place as warm as ever :D . So welcome to the fold!

Vidan
January 6th, 2017, 12:29 AM
I seem to have missed welcoming you. Not sure if I've seen your name before, but I'm glad you decided to join our humble forum. :zazubiggrin:

SillydogTheGreat
January 30th, 2017, 06:17 PM
I know you!