PDA

View Full Version : I've been a bit busy

Juniper
January 10th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Working on this forum. Unfortunately, I had a little... big crash on my database. And worse, I didn't have a backup *smacks head*. Well, anyways, it's not the best in the world right now, it needs a lot of work because I had to reinstall everything today, but here's my forum:

http://majilisi.ma.funpic.org/phpbb/index.php

If the link doesn't work, let me know. There's an easier link to remember, but for some reason it links to a picture of a weird german man holding a post-it note thing... :p

Mabatu
January 10th, 2005, 08:18 AM
It's a great looking forum pnt ;)

I'm happy to be one of the first members :cheese: :D

King Simba
January 10th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Lookin' nice. ;)
I'll be sure to register. Can't promise being active all the time though.

SimbaLKD
January 10th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Lookin' good mate!! I've registered!! yay! looks like fun times!

unregistered user
January 10th, 2005, 03:26 PM
yeap i love it:cheese: :browlift:

Shadow
January 10th, 2005, 03:48 PM
WOW AZSOME SITE Pntbll =D

Lion Roar
January 10th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Very nice! =D I registered too. :cheese:

Ngatuny
January 10th, 2005, 04:51 PM
looks very good I'll join!=D

TakaTiger
January 10th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Me likes it :D

LunarCat
January 10th, 2005, 10:52 PM
well you already know what i think!

its fantabulous!!!!:D :cheese: ;)

Simba_TLK
January 11th, 2005, 12:59 AM
it looks nice :cheese:
i joined ;)

nafklt
January 11th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Joined.:jejeje:

Broken
January 11th, 2005, 02:56 PM
yep!! I've joined... but hey you know that ^^

Juniper
January 11th, 2005, 09:13 PM
w00t! People are joining! That's awesome, because I didn't expect any to join ^^. Tell everyone you know about it and soon we shall have enough members to enslave Rhode Island. :evil:

Darkslash
January 12th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by pntbll248
w00t! People are joining! That's awesome, because I didn't expect any to join ^^. Tell everyone you know about it and soon we shall have enough members to enslave Rhode Island. :evil:
Hehe... more people live in Rhode Island than Wyoming...

Juniper
January 12th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Well, Wyoming's a little punk. :p

nafklt
January 14th, 2005, 06:18 AM
w00t! Rhode Island will soon be ours!:evilgrin:

Sadiki
January 18th, 2005, 10:45 AM
looks great,, but since I can barelly check this forum I think I won't join yet...

Juniper
January 26th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Heya, just as a heads up, the forum has been moved to a new location.
The new Majilisi can be found here:
The Majilisi (http://majilisi.kingofpriderock.com)
(http://majilisi.kingofpriderock.com)

It definately still needs some work on the theme, but it's finally up and running. Lemme know what you guys think!=D

Ngatuny
January 26th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Do we need to re register?

Juniper
January 26th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, because I switched forum software. :(

Unless someone out there knows how to make the databases interchangable... :confused:

Ngatuny
January 26th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Ok no problem is just that I tried to log in but couldn't:ayecapn:

nafklt
January 27th, 2005, 03:56 AM
:cool:

Juniper
January 27th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Weee! I finished a theme :cool:

nafklt
February 1st, 2005, 01:00 AM
Aweshohm! :cool:

Zala
February 10th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Looking very good, sure your board will flourish. Great job on the design and theme! :D

Juniper
February 19th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks Zala!

Prince Simba made a MOD or two (php code, not moderator) and we're gonna try user groups out. :D

Thanks for all your help Prince Simba! =D

unregistered user
February 19th, 2005, 05:00 PM
It's great pntbl!!!=D I joined.;)

Darkslash
February 19th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Yes! Join a Pride of the Majilisi!

Juniper
March 6th, 2005, 12:10 AM
w00t! almost 1,100 posts! :D

Added a few things, like a guest forum, art forum, and a journal/weekly-article forum. RP's up and running and a store mod is being installed. Once it's installed, a pride can earn enough points to be able to post a topic in a special forum to request any change they'd like (new skin, more PM storage, or even more radical changes) and members will be able to earn individual points to spend on different things also. The three prides are growing and are becoming more of the cornerstone of the forum. (Though it's still a general TLK forum).

By the way, if you're registered there, please request a pride so that we don't hafta jus stick ya in one. New members are always welcome :D

Prince Simba
March 6th, 2005, 01:56 AM
I voted *points and laughs* because I wanted to. You've got a great thing going!

Juniper
March 6th, 2005, 05:48 AM
you wanted to point and laugh? :(

:p :D

Sombolia
March 6th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Great job, pntbll. I joined a while ago, as you know. I'm workin' on my article right now. :-)

unregistered user
March 6th, 2005, 07:16 AM
1. It's Great! XD

Sombolia
March 18th, 2005, 03:18 AM
If the link doesn't work, let me know. There's an easier link to remember, but for some reason it links to a picture of a weird german man holding a post-it note thing... :p

Can I have the shorter URL? German man.. post it note.. sounds entertainng! XD

Juniper
March 18th, 2005, 05:16 AM
that was back when the forum was on a different server, it's moved since then. The link should still work though

Sombolia
March 18th, 2005, 05:47 AM
I know, I know. :p It just sounded interesting. :lol:

Juniper
April 21st, 2005, 03:42 AM
As an update, we now have 51 members! :D

We've been workin on the TLK search directory, which I have to update on the actual website. We're also working on a TLK-like (not TLK though, because copyright infringement suits suck) 3D game (based around the RP) made on the Crystal Space 3D engine, even though we're probably gonna switch to OGRE. Also, members can now have their own subforum to moderate and put all their personal threads (journals, daily happenings, etc...). If anyone's interested in a music video contest, one just kicked off in the art forum; participating members and prides have five weeks to come up with a music video at least 45 seconds in length.

If you wanna help with the game developement, feel free to, just let us know. We have eight people working on it actively, with another ten helping sporadically.

Sombolia
April 21st, 2005, 03:59 AM
Ohh yes :D The Majilisi pwns ^_^

Aurelian
April 21st, 2005, 03:15 PM

Pntbll, all the lions in Africa couldn't enslave me! I will make lion burgers out of all of you!:die:

I'll check out your place. :browlift:

Juniper
July 7th, 2005, 03:11 AM
@Roquivo: Not "my" place anymore, the forum belongs to the members now ^_^

As an update:

The MMORPG is coming along nicely, I've started modeling a prototype lion and some other artists are working on various things.

We have almolst 80 members now and we're pretty active. The prides are getting a redo to give leaders of the prides moderation control of the forum. The leader of each pride can designate others within their pride to help moderate issues of members in their prides (Instead of having a supermod, the mods only deal with people in their respective pride). If there's an inter-pride issue, the leaders work together to get it solved or it goes to an admin. If anyone is interested in being a pride leader, elections will be held again at the end of the month.

As for everything else, it all seems to be running smoothly. A few bugs here and there, but nothing too major :)

Juniper
July 12th, 2005, 05:09 PM
If you didn't already know, the Majilisi is in some trouble server-wise right now; I don't know what happened and I don't know if it'll be fixed. I would pout about the fact that all the work we've put into is for nothing, but I can't, it's life and bad things happen sometimes. However, the people of the Majilisi are perserverent and the game project will continue without delay. The forum itself may be down and out, but the Majilisi isn't, because it's the people who make up a forum that make it so great. No server will stop us, no financial issue will be a road block; the forum will be rebuilt, elsewhere if necessary, and the game project will continue.

Zoltan
July 12th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Pnt is absolutely right! Right now we can't get the data of Majilisi, but we'll work on it, just be patient, guys!

Majilisi gonna be up and run soon maybe on another domain, but it gonna be Majilisi!:metoo: :uhno: Long live the Majilisi! Cheers! :cheese:

Nala The Lion
July 21st, 2005, 01:22 PM
that be another vote for great then =D

Sombolia
July 21st, 2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Nala The Lion
that be another vote for great then =D

despite the fact that it's down? ;)

ya'll better join when it's back up, though :evilgrin:

Nala The Lion
July 22nd, 2005, 09:39 AM
ofcourse it still looks great but i was a little :confused: as to why i couldn't post or anything, makes sense tho =D

Sombolia
July 22nd, 2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Nala The Lion
ofcourse it still looks great but i was a little :confused: as to why i couldn't post or anything, makes sense tho =D

o________o um, i don't see how you could do that, since the forum's been down since before you joined lea :idiot:

Zoltan
July 24th, 2005, 12:41 PM
hey! Ir means we have someone who could get all the majilisi's posts for recovering!!!! :D

Juniper
July 29th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Four hours and twenty-four minutes left

Sombolia
July 31st, 2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Zoltan
hey! Ir means we have someone who could get all the majilisi's posts for recovering!!!! :D

xD

Forum's still down. :(

Juniper
July 31st, 2005, 12:27 PM
technically, it's not, it's just at a different location and everything's still being built. http://www.majilisi.com. The forum's still being built, but we may be able to get the themse and database back