PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa 2016 (Real Gift Exchange)

Sharifu
August 6th, 2016, 06:07 PM
I'm a little late starting Secret Santa this year. :p But I didn't forget!

For those of your who haven't done this with us before, this is a real Secret Santa with members on this forum. You will be sending a real gift through the mail. (So make sure you are comfortable giving out your address if you want to join) Please be aware you could be shipping internationally, so don't send super heavy gifts.

We don't really have a certain price limit, but I think anywhere from $5 to $15 is ok. But it's up to you, you can spend a little bit more, but don't go crazy. Really it's not the price that matters.

So here is how this goes, if you want to join, go ahead and PM me your email address. I will give people a month to join. So on September 7th, I will use a Secret Santa website we have been using for years, where I enter in all the email addresses, and then emails are sent to everyone, and in that email, you will get a link where you enter your wishlist and your address of where you want your gift to be sent to. Once everyone has done that, people will get an email with someone's wishlist and address so you can send them a gift! Make sure to send it in time so they receive their gift by Christmas. I know this seems early but we have been starting it this early for years so hopefully everyone has a few months or so to shop and ship their gift in time for their person to receive their gift by Christmas.

1. Deadline for joining: Wednesday, September 7th.
2. How to join: PM me with your e-mail address before the above date.
3. Suggested price range for gifts: $5-$15
4. Do not reveal your identity to the person you are buying for. This goes against the aspect of it being a secret. People who reveal themselves will be banned from joining the following year.
5. It sounds cheesy, but have fun!!

Participating Members
Sharifu - Gift Received
Sadiki - Gift Received
Vidan - Gift Received
Nit - Gift Received
Leorgathar - Gift Received
ThiagoPE - Gift Received
Kirauni - Gift Received
King Simba - Gift Received
HasiraKali - Gift Received
KanuTGL - Gift Received
Azerane - Gift Received

nathalie
August 6th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Hmm, I was actually thinking of maybe joinging once more again.
I'll sleep on it, hehe.

ThiagoPE
August 6th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Maybe I will join this year, but I still need to think better.

Enviado de meu LG-D337 usando Tapatalk

Leorgathar
August 6th, 2016, 07:24 PM
So, it's that time of the year again :psst: I'll probably join once again, but I'll confirm you closer to the registering deadline :)

Nalas
August 8th, 2016, 05:02 PM
I might join on this, too; I'll let you know by the deadline. :)

KanuTGL
August 8th, 2016, 09:52 PM
Hmm, maybe I'm ready to rejoin this now :p I'll do like the others and think about it until closer to the deadline C:

Vidan
August 10th, 2016, 04:00 AM
Wow, I didn't expect to be thinking about Christmas again so soon. How the year flies by. A lot of thinking going on. I'll have to think about it too as I'm not the best at thinking of gifts for people, but it's tempting.

nathalie
August 10th, 2016, 05:25 AM
Vidan, you don't have to think much, the website we use you can enter a wishlist, hints and tips for your Secret Santa to read.

King Simba
August 18th, 2016, 09:20 AM
I'll think about it. ;) But it would be wrong for me not to join, since I've taken part every year...

Sharifu
August 22nd, 2016, 10:59 PM
I hope some of you will want to join. So far I have only gotten one PM from someone saying they want to join. If no one else joins, I'll have to cancel Secret Santa this year. :( It just wont work with only two people (and that is including me). I know there still time for people to think about it, so hopefully more people will join.

nathalie
August 23rd, 2016, 04:00 AM
I had been thinking about it, but if I look at it financial now, sending something overseas right now is just too expensive for me at the moment :(

Kirauni
August 23rd, 2016, 05:43 AM
I'll join you :)
Couldn't reply earlier, but now I'm sure you can count me in. And I'm really looking forward to it :D

Leorgathar
August 23rd, 2016, 08:05 AM
Alright well, I'll confirm now that I'm joining, so count me in as well :) I'll send you my PM right away
It would be sad to cancel the SS this year, I hope there can still be enough people to do it.

Sharifu
August 26th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Alright well, I'll confirm now that I'm joining, so count me in as well :) I'll send you my PM right away
It would be sad to cancel the SS this year, I hope there can still be enough people to do it.

Well, now that the group is four people including me, it is possible to go with that. It would be the smallest Lea Secret Santa ever, but that would be doable. What I was saying earlier, I was just mentioning that because just me and one other person was just not going to work, it wouldn't be so secret who's going to draw who. :lol:

But I think we're ok now, but I still hope more people join.

Vidan
August 26th, 2016, 10:25 PM
I'll go ahead and get in on this.

ThiagoPE
August 27th, 2016, 01:08 AM
I decided to join too.

Sharifu
September 1st, 2016, 09:40 PM
Just about a week left to join! I'm still planning on the deadline to be September 7. Let me know if you want to join! :D

HasiraKali
September 3rd, 2016, 06:49 AM
Sorry I didn't reply before. But I'll participate again this year.

Sadiki
September 6th, 2016, 06:12 AM
I guess I join too, had to think about this quite bit as last year I felt a bit stressed out because of heavy work load and first semester in school, but I think I can better manage things now, especially as I now have proper smart phone so I can browse things away from home too ;)

Sharifu
September 6th, 2016, 07:15 AM
Only one day left to join! Now's the time to make the choice if you haven't decided yet.

KanuTGL
September 6th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Oh, alright then :lol: I'll join in this time :3

Azerane
September 7th, 2016, 05:23 AM
Better late than never. Darn it, I'm in. I don't have the money and I'll probably stress out about what to get the person, but yay Secret Santa! :lol: Good fun :D

nathalie
September 7th, 2016, 06:15 AM
No need to stress what to get the other person, you "have" to write a wishlist :p

Sharifu
September 7th, 2016, 06:18 AM
Cool, so glad you guys decided to join! Azerane, don't stress about it! :p If money is tight, don't forget, art is always an awesome gift too! (And your art is great, especially your real media art) :D

I went ahead and started the group, so you should all be getting the email where you can join the group. You can go ahead and enter in your address and wishlist. You can even join the group and add your wish list at a later date too, I usually do that, just to get the names drawn to get things started.

By the way, if you decided you wanted to join and didn't yet, I still might be able to add you. Sometimes it takes a couple days or more for every one to join the group by entering their wishlist, and I can still add people to the group until then.

nathalie
September 7th, 2016, 08:00 AM
11 people, that's a nice list in the end :)

And remember, use the website for everything, you can add things to your list, you can ask questions through the website, so you won't ever at some point have to tell someone who you are :)

Leorgathar
September 7th, 2016, 11:33 PM
11 people? That's quite a boost! And we were worried there wouldn't be enough :lol:
I'm excited :D

Guntur
September 8th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Impressive, 11 people joining in, Have fun guys. :cheese:

Leorgathar
December 10th, 2016, 05:40 AM
Just to let my secret santa know: I just received your gift! :D thank you so much ^^

Kirauni
December 21st, 2016, 04:47 PM
I just wanted to let my Secret Santa know that my gift has arrived today. Yay, thank you ver much! What a pleasant surprise and it really made my day! :D

Azerane
December 23rd, 2016, 09:12 AM
I received my gift today, last day for post before Christmas :D

I was going to wait till Christmas Eve, but I may have been too excited :lol: It's awesome, thank you! :cheese: I love it so much, you've been reading my forum posts ;)

Nit
December 23rd, 2016, 10:32 AM
but I may have been too excited
You weren't the only one. ;)
Big thanks to my awesome secret santa! :D

King Simba
December 24th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Got mine too! :D

But I haven't opened it yet. I was at work at the time it was delivered, so my mum put it straight underneath the tree until tomorrow. I guess I will wait until then. :p

Leorgathar
December 29th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Sooo what's the status of everyone's gifts? Is anyone still waiting for theirs?

ThiagoPE
December 29th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Still waiting here

KanuTGL
December 29th, 2016, 02:07 PM
I'm still waiting too :ayecapn:

Vidan
December 31st, 2016, 05:36 PM
Also waiting. :relax:

KanuTGL
January 1st, 2017, 07:09 PM
I've received mine now! :D And it was awesome!

When can we start showing off what we got? :p

Sharifu
January 2nd, 2017, 06:35 PM
When can we start showing off what we got? :p

I think it's fine to show off what we got now, I don't see why not! :D

I got my gift a couple days ago, from Bec! (Azerane) She got me this cool dinosaur scarf, a card and a little colored drawing of Sharifu that she made for me! Here's a picture of the scarf draped over a chair, with the card and the drawing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/birdygirl85/20170102_100337_zps4zobfchr.jpg

Maybe I'll post a picture of me wearing the scarf sometime. :p Thank you so much Bec! I love it! The little drawing is really nice too. May I ask what kind of markers did you use to color it? It looks really nice! I'd like to try coloring with markers like that. =D

I hope the few people left still waiting for their gift, gets it soon.

KanuTGL
January 2nd, 2017, 08:28 PM
Alright!

My Secret Santa was Petteri (Sadiki)! He gave me an awesome TLG blind bag figure (of Kion!), a really cool Doctor Who necklace (never seen it before!) and some very tasty chocolates that kinda are long gone by now, haha... :p

Thank you so much! I couldn't be happier ^^

http://orig05.deviantart.net/5e87/f/2017/002/d/b/leasecretsanta_by_kanutgl-datz28b.jpg

(The blind bag figures are so nice I want all of them *__*)

And yeah, I'm really hoping that those who are still waiting will receive their gifts soon!

Leorgathar
January 3rd, 2017, 09:51 AM
Really cool gifts, you two! :D

My Secret Santa was Kirauni. She sent me the German version of the TLG soundtrack (which I'm loving so much btw! ^^) along with a French coloring book and a TLK themed card :cs_happy_3:
The packaging of each of these was pretty neat too with nice pictures of big cats, I was careful not to tear them up when opening them xD

Plus, she also put in some tasty chocolates and German sweets. I shared these with my family, they were very curious about them and only had good things to say, we all liked them :cs_grin:

Omg, thank you so much for all this, Kirauni, you're awesome! ^^
Here's hoping everyone gets their gifts soon as well.

King Simba
January 3rd, 2017, 10:02 AM
Everyone has some really cool gifts so far! :D

My SS was Vidan. He got me a Kion and Fuli plush, plus some chocolate. Needless to say I ate the chocolate straight away. :lol:

Thank you Vidan for the great gifts! :hugs: And I hope everyone else gets their gifts soon.

HasiraKali
January 3rd, 2017, 10:39 PM
Leor was mine! He send me Funko Pop key chains of Moana and Maui, and a really cool shark drawing. :D

Azerane
January 4th, 2017, 06:31 AM
I think it's fine to show off what we got now, I don't see why not! :D

I got my gift a couple days ago, from Bec! (Azerane) She got me this cool dinosaur scarf, a card and a little colored drawing of Sharifu that she made for me! Here's a picture of the scarf draped over a chair, with the card and the drawing.

Maybe I'll post a picture of me wearing the scarf sometime. :p Thank you so much Bec! I love it! The little drawing is really nice too. May I ask what kind of markers did you use to color it? It looks really nice! I'd like to try coloring with markers like that. =D

I hope the few people left still waiting for their gift, gets it soon.

I'm so glad it arrived! :D I'm sorry it wasn't in time for Christmas, I bought it months ago, then I lost it :gasp:, and only found it again in early-mid December. I'm so glad you like it though. I used prismacolor markers to colour it. :)

Will post mine in a bit, we're about to wrangle our parrot to cut her nails :p

Azerane
January 6th, 2017, 03:32 AM
Ok, finally uploading a pic :D My SS sent me this super awesome Disney Store Ono plush :D It goes well with the little Kion plushie that Pat got me for Christmas :)

Kirauni
January 6th, 2017, 09:36 AM
And here is what I got. :)

Thank you very much Sharifu! That's really awesome. I love the wrapping :D

Inside was a box of chocolates (I really liked them! Especially the ones with caramel and a bit of salt. Yummy!)

And a Kion christmas Ornament. Yay! Thank you. It's a great addition to my christmas tree :)

920 921

Edit: Huh? I don't know what went wrong... I took the picture with my smartphone and then I rotated them, but now they seem to be upside down again. Pretty weird XD

Vidan
January 13th, 2017, 03:41 AM
Got my secret Santa gift. It was a symbolic adoption of a tiger through the Defenders of Wildlife, and it came with a certificate and a little tiger plushie =D It was from HasiraKali. This was very thoughtful -- thanks so much!

Nit
January 23rd, 2017, 10:59 AM
This is what I've got:
:D

ThiagoPE
February 13th, 2017, 08:40 PM
I received today my gift! My SS was kanuTGL and she made the art in the box of my gifts, it was really really cool. I really loved them!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170213/f2ae49135d9201a426d48fe27704340f.jpg

KanuTGL
February 13th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Oh! Yay! I'm so glad it arrived :) And I'm so glad that you liked the stuff too!

I always forget to account for the extra delivery time to certain parts of the world... If I join this again I will keep that in mind, hehe.

Merry belated Christmas :p

Leorgathar
February 14th, 2017, 04:49 AM
Whoa! that's a pretty cool art in the box :D it reminds me of another drawing you made last year. The drawing in the card is cute too ^^

Azerane
March 17th, 2017, 11:00 PM
Oh my, so... exciting things! :D When I received my SS gift some months ago my SS said it was an extra gift because they were worried my gift wouldn't arrive on time.

So fast-forward to now, I'd all but forgotten about that until a colourful little package arrived on my doorstep :D When I opened it a bounty of exotic goodies fell out in addition to a Zazu Tsum Tsum and a snowy owl figure! Thank you so very much, I can't wait to try everything. I wonder where it had been all this time :p :cheese:

Sharifu
March 18th, 2017, 03:09 AM
How cool is that? You got extra surprise gifts! :D Thiago, I'm glad you got your gift too, even though it took a little while. (But I'm sure you're used to that) So glad this Secret Santa was a success!

Nit
March 20th, 2017, 11:21 PM
Yaaaay! :D I was worried it was lost forever! I'm so glad to see I was wrong. ^^

Just be sure to check expiration dates on the sweets. It took much longer to deliver than than I ever could have expected!

Azerane
March 21st, 2017, 09:26 AM
Ahh, even if they're a little overdue we'll probably still try them, haha :lol: Thanks again so much :) Yes I'm glad it arrived too :)

ThiagoPE
March 21st, 2017, 09:37 AM
Pardon me if I'm wrong but, my Secret Santa still not said here that him have received my gift (which I sent back in November).

I have bought the item in his country, but I asked the store to put a card telling that was me that send it...

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando Tapatalk

Sadiki
March 23rd, 2017, 04:06 AM
Oh, Sorry ThiagoPE I kind of figured you probably got me, though there was no note in the package indicating from whom it was from. I never stated it, but Audra did changed the status in the beginning that I did receive the gift. I can try to get picture taken of it in next couple of days. I don't really have an excuse why I didn't do it before school was in session, but after I have been just so wiped working 40h a week and taking 9 units ( Calculus as well as Algorithms and data structures with Java ) which make my Mondays and Wednesdays 5:30am to 9pm and assignments take either Thursday and sometimes some of Friday.

ThiagoPE
March 23rd, 2017, 06:01 AM
I understand Petteri, i asked for the store add a card with a message telling that was me. Their mistake then

I hope you liked it :)

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando Tapatalk